[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witch's Apprentice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 3

File: The Witch's Apprentice.jpg (248KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
The Witch's Apprentice.jpg
248KB, 736x981px
Roll by using 1d50. The person with the highest roll decides the choice. Ask any questions, like about the world, the spells you have, et cetera and I'll answer whatever I can.

-----

You and Thad are both apprentices of the immortal witch, Aegwynn, known to the commoners as the Lady of the Forest. Orphaned at a young age, you had to survive alone until Aegwynn took you in. For eight years, you learned magic under her tutorship. Now, at fifteen, you are ready to become a fully fledged witch.

Aegwynn leads both of you to Ostwick, a ruined town that had been raised and razed by bandits many decades ago, however the spirits of its inhabitants still remain. Today, you are to bind one of these spirits and make them into your familiar. You arrive at the town's edges, seeing the decrepit buildings that have been overtaken by the land. The only living things you see are animals that have called Ostwick their home, but as you continue to travel deeper into the decrepit place, you begin to see spirits -- they emerge from their haunts to watch you.

Upon arriving at Ostwick's center, Aegwynn turns to you and Thad. "We will begin with..." oh, that's right, what's your name?
>>
>>447217
>Roll by using 1d50. The person with the highest roll decides the choice.
Do prompts or straight up write-ins if you're lazy instead.
>>
>>447224
I will? Right now I'm asking what name you want your character to be.
>>
>>447217
Chad.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d50)

>>447217
tristan
>>
>>447239
wow a 4 lol someone going to be very unlucky to lose to this
or lazy since no one eils has rolled lol
>>
Rolled 35 (1d50)

>>447217
Larry
>>
Rolled 5 (1d50)

>>447233
Rolling for Chad.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d50)

>>447239
I like Tristan.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d50)

Rolling for McBalls
>>
>>447239
>>447246
>>447247
>>447248
>doesn't want to be living like Larry
>>
>>447247
thanks for trying:)
>>
In hindsight, I should've written some of these parts down beforehand, rather than impromptu. You guys okay with waiting for each part?

>>447243
“We will begin with you, Larry. I want you to be think about who you will choose to be your familiar. Talk to the spirits, learn about them.

Both of you remember, don’t respond to any questions from a spirit. For some, that’s all it takes to possess your body. But don’t worry, I’ll be here.” Aegwynn surveys the area, watching the spirits as they emerge. It would seem they are curious about their living guests -- most people usually run away by now.

You observe the spirits. One is an elderly woman, wearing a robe and emblazoned on the bosom is the symbol of the Parish. Another spirit appears to be a grizzled man -- a knight, you guess, by his finely crafted armor, sword, and shield. A third spirit appears to you wearing leather armor over some exotic clothes. Strapped onto her belt are two daggers.

What do you do?
>Speak to the elderly woman.
>Speak to the grizzled man.
>Speak to the dagger-wielding woman
>Seek out other spirits
>Other
>>
>>447275
>>Other
>Find something inhuman.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d50)

>>447275
lets go to the big leagues, All or nothin.
>Other
>Summon Lucifer
>>
>>447280
damn. looks like Larry and Lucifer wont even get a pilot episode
>>
>>447275
>>Speak to the grizzled man.
>>
>>447275
by making the decisions of the quest based on luck of a roll to decide, you immediately make the quest a target for trolling or otherwise undesirable actions (e.g. someone could roll a 50 to kill ourselves, quest over), you're better off waiting a specific time (i.e. 30 minutes - 1 hour) and then choosing the most popular vote
>>
>>447316
Ah, I see. I'll do that then. Is waiting that long acceptable, though? I don't want anyone to lose interest. Also I like Tristan too. It just sounds more medieval fantasy.

Sorry guy who suggested Larry, I think I'm going to use that name instead.

>>447304
>Speak to the grizzled man.
You approach the grizzled man. Before you can say something, the man speaks, with a deep voice, “You are a mage? Have you come to exorcise us?”

>”Yes and no.”
>”Yes, I am here to exorcise you.”
>”Who are you?”
>Other.
>>
>>447332
whelp. glad to see that my choice matters.
>>
>>447332
Why did you pick Grizzled man option? We voted for other options. Don't be a railroading faggot. At least roll a dice to determine which option is taken, like a 1d2 or 1d3.

Not voting any further until you fix this.
>>
>>447342
I forgot to respond to your post >>447280. All the spirits in Ostwick are those that died during the bandit attack, so they'd all be normal humans. However, it is possible for a human spirit to mutate into something else, but there's none of those currently in Ostwick. So there's no inhuman spirits to bind, which is why I didn't go with your suggestion.

Also, yes, >>447289 rolled his die, but I really don't want to have to derail the story because, "Lets summon Lucifer!"

I think I'll listen to >>447316 and wait between 30 - 1 hour between posts, so that there are more responses. I'll choose the most popular one, if that's alright.
>>
>>447365
taking longer is fine, the thread will be up for a while, the only other advise I can give is if you plan on running this quest more than just for a one-shot or a few sessions, a twitter handle is necessary/recommended
>>
>>447332
Ask him who he was, and that you are looking to make a familiar.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d50)

>>447332
>other
Ask him what his name is.

not sure if you need a roll for this or not but just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>447332
>>448261
+1
so we dont need to roll right?
>>
Rolled 43 (1d50)

>>447332
Pretend to talk in some other foreign language to mess with him. Then
>Yes, I am here to exorcise you.
Tell him to tell us about himself and his deeds, pretending to be his judge. If he is deemed good, we will "exorcise" him
>>
Rolled 32 (1d50)

>>448662
i will just roll because it seems everybody does
>>
>>448733
I mean if he is evil, then we will "exorcise" him. If he's good, he gets Valhalla or whatever.
>>
Ah! People are responding. I was an asshole (sorry), earlier, and I thought that'd kill the thread.

>>448662
Yes, you don't need to role anymore. I will go by the most popular suggestion. 2 people have suggested that I ask the grizzly man who he is, while 1 person suggested exorcism. So I'll be going with the former option.

-----

>”Who are you?”
The grizzled man looks you up and down, before speaking. “Hmm. I am Ser Garland of Ostwick. I was Ostwick’s captain of the guard. I suppose you know about the attack on our town? I was…” The knight looks down, his hand feeling the hilt of his blade. “...cut down, but not before taking six of those bastards with me, of course.”

Aegwynn steps up to you. “Ser Garland,” she says, “this boy here, Tristan, is choosing a spirit to bind as his familiar. Tristan, the spirit you choose will determine your aura. Ser Garland here is a brave man, a spirit of valor I would say, so having him as your familiar will cause others to view you in the same way.”

“A familiar?” Ser Garland asks.

“Yes. You would be allowed to leave this place, but only as Tristan’s servant. But a man of your honor, I would suggest you wonder about what he might make you do,” Aegwynn answers.

“‘Tis true. I would like to walk beyond Ostwick’s borders, but I also know that mages are oft easy to corrupt,” Ser Garland says. He broadens his shoulders and raises his head. “I will not work for someone despicable.”

“Tristan is just a child,” Aegwynn responds, “a boy of fifteen. He will not make you do anything you disagree with, and perhaps you may serve as his guidance.”

You assume that Aegwynn is too powerful for a spirit to possess, even if she completes their conditions for possession.

>Ask a question (you choose).
>Choose Ser Garland to be your familiar.
>Go to a different spirit.
>Other.
>>
can we ask multiple spirits or if we go to another this one will be unavailable?
>>
>>448833
You can return to Ser Garland or even ask him questions about the other spirits.
>>
>>448790
>Go to a different spirit

I want the assassin. Rogues always 10/10
>>
>Ask a question
Ask him about his opinion about the other spirits or if there is one who isnt here
>>
i hope this will continue
i have to call it a day
good night
>>
>>448905
>”What do you think of the other spirits?”

“The others?” Ser Garland asks, with a “hmm.” He looks at the elderly woman and the dagger-wielding woman. “The one with the Parish, that is Mother Ewen. She keeps our town’s lore and is also knows a thing or two about medicine. She is a very kind person. The other woman is Illiana. She… was part of the bandits that attacked us.”

Ser Garland observes Illiana, who seems curious about your group. “She was a pirate they had hired. Good with those daggers of hers. Everyone here, the ones whose spirits are trapped, hated her. They’d yell at her. For the first half year, I remember we kept trying to banish her from Ostwick, even though she too suffered the same binding to this place as us. We pushed her against the barrier to no avail. Eventually, we gave up

Well, we can’t hate a person for so long. Over the decades, Illiana has become more and more accepted by our community, but only because it’s been too damn long. There are still some, though, who harbor hatred towards Illiana and the other bandit spirits that still roam. But I have spoken to her many times over the many years we have been here and I can genuinely say that she regrets her actions.”

You examine Illiana -- her armor, while not covering much, is covered in intricate designs. The clothing under it is made with silk, an expensive fabric typically worn by nobles. However, by the way the woman presents herself, she’s most likely not a noble. The hilt of her daggers have been carved to look like rather buxom women. Her skin, olive, is atypical of this region.

“If you do not mind, I will go speak to her,” you ask of Ser Garland. He nods his head and waits in standing.

(1/2)
>>
>>448966
Good night.

>>448852
As you approach Illiana, she does the same. Her hands on her hips, she looks down at you, with a side smile on her face.

“Illiana,” you say.

“Oh, you know my name? Am I that famous?” Illiana asks, before looking at Ser Garland. “That old bear talks too much. Hmph, but you look very young,” she says, leaning forward. As she goes near your face, you take a step back, thinking this may be one of the spirit’s conditions for possession. “Oh? You really are just a boy.”

“Illiana,” Aegwynn says, saving you.

The pirate looks up at your mentor with a “hmm.” She examines her person, stroking her chin and is seemingly impressed by your master's posture. “You’re all mages!” Illiana says, with confidence.

“Did the staff give it away?” Aegwynn asks, jokingly. “We’re here to bind a spirit as a familiar, and you might just be the spirit we choose,” she says, informing the woman.

“A familiar? Like I'll be turned into a black cat? Alright. Better than being stuck here.”

Aegwynn nudges you forward. “He’ll be the one you’ll be serving.”

Illiana returns her attention to you, and with a smirk on her face, she says with a soothing voice, “Choose me and I'll do anything you ask.”

>”Who are you?”
>”Why did you attack Ostwick?”
>”So, you’re a pirate.”
>”About your daggers…”
>Other.
>>
>>449011
>What is your heritage? From which land do you descend from? Tell me about your childhood.
>>
>>449011
>>”Who are you?”
What did you do and what would you like to do.
>>
>>449052
>”Illiana, who are you?”
“Why, I’m Illiana,” she says, with a hearty smile. “Back when I was alive, I was called the Witch of the Sea. To some, I was just called a bitch, but whatever I was called, everyone knew that I could drink harder than anyone, fight better than anyone, and fuck better than anyone.

Hmph. But I am a pirate.” Illiana looks at the ruins of Ostwick for a moment, before returning her attention to you. “I was hired by Gorto’s Gang to help attack this place. I-I didn’t think they’d do all this destruction, and in the end I paid for it with my life. But I know that’s not enough.”

Aegwynn leans towards you. “Remember Tristan, the spirit you choose will cause others to view you the same way as it.”

“Hmm? Oh, you definitely want me, then. With me on your side, you’ll be getting all the bad pussy,” Illiana says, with a smirk. “Or maybe you want dick,” she adds with a soft chuckle. “But I can also help. I know a thing or two about stealing and killing, and piracy and boating, and all things crime. Ha, I almost feel like I’m doing a presentation, but I really do want to get out of here -- I’ll do anything you want.” Based on all this, you guess Illiana would be classified as a spirit of desire.

"Illiana," you say, "as my servant, what would you like to do?"

Another "hmm." Illiana folds her arms, looks up, then back to Tristan. "If I had lived, I would have taken my payment and drown myself in rum." She then looks to the side morosely. "But now that I have spent a lifetime in this place, I think the thing I would do is make amends. There's a couple people that escaped the carnage. I'd like to do something, anything, for them.

You know how they say that pirates keep hidden treasure? It's true. I'd give it all away, though, I will admit, the greedy side of me doesn't like that idea.

But I'd definitely go kill Gorto, though he's probably already dead, unless somehow he became immortal. His gang is probably still around, though. If that's the case, then I'll go kill them. That's the least I can do to bring justice to Ostwick."

(1/2)
>>
>>449051
"Can you tell me where you came from?" you ask, curious about her origins.

"Oh? Well, it may sound cliché, but I grew up on the hard streets of Old Bay, stealing and fighting for my survival. Somehow I wound up as the leader of this motley crew of no-lifes. We stole and fought some more and eventually we got ourselves a ship. Now that's where the fun begins.

I battled with many, from the king's own navy to other pirates, and every time I came out on top. With all this money I be getting, I bought an even better ship -- called it the Witch's Bane, that I did. And with her, I took so many other ships, my name was starting to spread. 'Illiana, the Sea Witch,' they would call me. Mercenaries and assassins and bounty hunters all after my head, but none could ever kill me. See, all that time eating shit from Old Bay's streets, having to keep an eye open while sleeping so no rats could bite off yer' fingers, it taught me a thing or two about how important yer' wits are."

Illiana turns silent for a moment, reminiscing about her past.

"Well, in any case, my wits failed me this time. Gorto, that rat, he came up to me and told me about this big job; said I could keep anything I took. At that time, I was this bad bitch and I just wanted to prove to the world that nothing could take me down.

God.

I wonder whatever happened to my ship all these years."

>Ask a question (you decide).
>Choose Illiana as your familiar.
>Go to another spirit.
>Other.

(2/2)
>>
>>449143
I'm a little concerned about the aura but otherwise, I think she'd be the best. Connections, wit, and wisdom to survive.

>>
>>449143
>>Go to another spirit.
She's high on the list of potential but let's see if there are any others with more potential. Keep her in mind though
>>
>>449179
We can effectively break the three of them into roles and streotypes. Strict, chivalrous knight (defender), sly, cunning rogue (attacker), and gentle, wise...old lady? She's the healer, or supporter.
>>
>>449204
At the moment I'm more partial to either the old man or the pirate, and not so much a support like the old lady, but I wonder if there are other ghost options that may be better
>>
>>449156
>>449179
Are you both fine with me waiting like an hour between posts, to see if anymore people comment? That way I can tell which suggestion is the popular one.

>>449204
There are more spirits you can talk to, besides those three.
>>
>>449224
I'm fine with waiting a while if people will so up.
Could you give us a run down of some other ghost of note. Maybe just the ones we can see to help us decide if we want Lillian or not.
>>
>>449224
Im cool. I running a thread of my own.
>>
>>449257
Which one are you running?
>>
>>449246
Oh, of course.

Ser Gregor is a Spirit of Valor. As your familiar, you inspire bravery in others. You can use his power to make an individual fearless.

Illiana is a Spirit of Desire. As your familiar, you are naturally attractive to others. You can use her to charm someone.

The elderly woman is a Spirit of Compassion. You have an air of calmness about you. You can use her to pacify an aggressor.

There are three other spirits not yet introduced.

There is a portly man who is a Spirit of Sloth. Enemies near you will have slower reaction time, and you can cause an individual to fall asleep.

A scarred man is a Spirit of Despair. In life, he was one of the bandits that attacked Ostwick. As your familiar, you can easily intimidate others into submission and use him to cause an individual to run away in terror.

The last is a girl, a little older than you. She is a Spirit of Rage, still harboring a deep rage over the attack, even though decades have passed. As your familiar, you can incite others to violence and drive an individual into a frenzy.
>>
>>449285
Would we know what other benefits familiars would provide us as well as how else there alignments effect us and possibly there form.
>>
>>449285
Despair sounds enticing. But I still like Illiana. Though just "charm" sounds a bit overshadowed now by the others.
>>
>>449306
I'd also partial to Lillian but I'd like to talk to the spirit of rage
>>
>>449298
Well, after binding a spirit, you get to decide what form it takes. It has to be about the size of a house cat.

The familiar will give you advice, so Ser Gregor would know about swordsmanship, tactics, military history, etc. Illiana knows where the best brothels are, piracy, crime. The elderly woman knows herbalism, the Parish (the main religion of the setting -- which, BTW, are very against witches), and general stuff like math.

The portly man is useless when it comes to knowledge. The scarred man doesn't have much to offer either. The girl is a baker's daughter, so... yeah, those three won't know much. But they can still offer their advice.

Familiars can act as spies, too. No one would suspect a bat or a cat or whatever form your familiar takes. But they can only do whatever their form is, so cats claw, bats scratch, you know, not really helpful in combat.

Familiars can disagree with you. If your familiar begins to hate you and being binded to you, they may mutate into something evil and attempt to possess/kill you. So, the scarred man (Spirit of Despair) disapproves of you wasting your time, like helping an elderly couple pack their supplies. He also disapproves of being a goody-two-shoes. If you keep doing actions he disapproves of, he might just turn into a monster, though of course, familiars are still human at heart and you can change their opinions on this stuff.

While familiars serve as your guidance, you also sort of teach them, as well. They grow in character too.

>>449306
The powers won't work 100% of the time. Like, with the Spirit of Compassion, if you try to calm a berserker that's high on psychotics, it won't work. With the Spirit of Despair, you may attempt to intimidate someone, only to learn that that person is not so easy to scare, so you end up just pissing them off. Also with Illiana's powers, you can use it for stuff like haggling, getting information, et cetera.

Against someone with a super weak will or someone that's already attracted to you (romantically), charm will basically make them into a slave that'll fight for you (as unethical as that sounds).
>>
>>449334
Illiana, hands down. Despair sounds like an impatient grump. Im cool with the grump part but if he's impatient, screw him.
>>
>>449340
Sure, I'm cool with her, bit while we're talking too her, let's ask what she likes and dislikes.
>>
>>449334
Do we have to feed our familiar?
>>
>>449360
I actually haven't thought of that. Eh, for now I'd say they're self-sustaining, unless you guys /really/ want them to be like pets.
>>
>>449365
I'd like to feed them every so often if they like.
>>
>>449365
I like pets. I like cats too. Making Illiana a rat would be more inconspicuous but Im not sure if she'd appreciate that. And I like cats more. Rats are more interesting though, they're suprisingly awesome. But then again, not as many animal would kill and eat a cat.
>>
>>449371
We will feed her rum. She will appreciate that.
>>
>>449365
Not pets, per se. More of a companion. I dont treat my cat like a pet either. She'll appreciate the equality. Just becuase we feed her doesnt mean we're her owner. Master maybe because of our witch-familiar relationship. But she's not hunting rats. We feed her rum.
>>
I think I'm going to take a break now, if that's alright. I can still answer questions, but I'm too tired to write anymore. I might later, though, but I also might not. I will certainly return tomorrow though.

Thank you guys so much~

>>449350
>”What are your likes and dislikes?”

“Wow, it really feels like I’m doing an interview here,” Illiana says, with a laugh. “Hmm, well, I like any sort of alcohol, though I’m more partial to good ol’ rum. I’d kill to drink rum again. I like myself a good fucking, too, but I also like a duel. Hmm, I guess my perfect mate would be someone who can both fuck and fight good.

I also like the sound of coins clinking together. God, they’re like bells calling to me. But I think most of all, I like the sea. Yeah, the sea. It’s been so long since I’ve seen water.”

Aegwynn intercedes, informing the pirate, “As a familiar, you can eat and drink again, though of course you’d be a small animal.”

“Oh? You going to make me into a cat? A rat? A bat? Can a cat even drink rum?” Illiana asks, giggling. “But what do I dislike? Well, I’ve had a lot of time to rethink my life and, I’ve done some pretty shit things. I’ve killed and I’ve robbed. Most of time, it’s against other pirates or against the king’s navy, but some of those times have been to… just, people. Shit. At the time, I didn’t really think about it, but being surrounded by people you helped kill, people you got to intimately know, it really makes you think.

I think I won’t stand taking advantage of people. If you’re going to beat someone senseless, make sure it’s someone who deserves it. And even then, if that person’s someone weak or old or young, I’d have some inhibitions about it. But I don’t know. For all we know, the moment I get out, I’ll immediately return to my old ways.”

>Go to another spirit.
>Other.
>>
>>449385
She said something about being a cat. Let's ask her what exactly she'd like to be. This shall be a partnership.
>>
File: Anything but that.jpg (209KB, 510x509px) Image search: [Google]
Anything but that.jpg
209KB, 510x509px
>>447217
>Roll by using 1d50. The person with the highest roll decides the choice
>>
>>449400
>>Ask a question (you decide).
"Last question, what would you like to be?" If she doesn't care, my vote is either a cat or a Raven.
>>Choose Illiana as your familiar.

Thanks for running. I'm looking forward to what comes next.
>>
>>449414
I support this. Thank you OP. This is a bit interesting.
>>
>>449414
>"Say I do choose you as my familiar -- what animal would you like to be? It can't be larger than a house cat."

"Interested in me, are ye'?" Illiana asks, smirking. "Since I'm a pirate, a parrot would be appropriate, but witches don't have parrots as pets! They have black cats. I've always hated cats though, those furry bastards. Hmm... I'm a very sneaky fellow, so a rat would fit that aspect. I can't decide! This isn't something a normal person thinks about, y'know?

How about this, my soon-to-be master, you make the decision for me. Call this your first command of me, your loyal servant."

>"A black cat."
>"A colorful parrot."
>"A rat."
>"A corgi."
>"A floating eyeball."
>"A bat."
>"A giant tarantula."
>Other.
>>
>>450022
>"A colorful parrot."
lets give her what she wants.

sorry nobody is bumping your quest mate its pretty neat.
>>
>>450022
I think a Opossum would be useful.
>>
Sneaky sneak mode activate
>>
>>451143
*Sneaky Snek mode.

Make her an adorable python!
>>
>>450022
>>What about a small water elemental
If not,
>A rat
>>
>>451143
Snakes can be sneaky, but they don't posses the speed or dexterity of a rat to maneuver. It's harder for a snake get into building or to climb
>>
>>451159
Actually a ferret would be better than a rat.
>>
>>450022
>"A corgi."
Corgis are cheeky little shits, i think it fits her personality well.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>450217
>>451011
>>451144
>>451167
>>451215
So these are the suggestions:

1. A colorful parrot.
2. An opossum.
3. A sneaky python.
4. A ferret.
5. A corgi.

I'll roll a 1d5 to decide.
>>
Damn, I wanted a cute corgi.

>>451354
>”A colorful parrot.”
“You are choosing Illiana as your familiar?” Aegwynn asks.

Thad is watching in the back, arms crossed, and with a bored face.

>”Yes, I am certain.”
>”Actually, let me talk to some other spirits first.”
>Other.
>>
>>451368
>>”Yes, I am certain.”
>>
Calling it now, Thad Castle [\spoiler] is going to be the Draco to our Satan Worshipping Spirit-enslaver Potter
>>
>>451368
>I want a fucking rat. Parrots can give up some air support but rats are sneakier. Illiana's power gives us influence over HUMANS. Humans live on fucking land. So do rats. Fuck the parrot. Fuck all the other animals. The rat gives us the most edge and utility support.
>Yes, I am certain
>>
>>451573
Otherwise, I would like a ferret.
>>451167
This guy an me want a ferret, OP. The only choice that has more than 2 people supporting. Can we change from parrot to ferret?
>>450217
She never said she wanted to be parrot. Only that it's a pirate's animal.
>>
>>451590
Eh, okay I guess now that there's a popular choice. Sorry >>450217. She'll now be a ferret. Also popular choice is "Yes, I am certain." I'll write it up now.
>>
File: Got The Last Cookie.gif (221KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
Got The Last Cookie.gif
221KB, 220x165px
>>451626
>>
>>451626
Yay!
>>
Well this took a long time to write. Sorry for the wait.

>>451626
>”Yes, I am certain.”
“Very well then. Perform the binding ritual, Tristan,” Aegwynn says, stepping back from her student.

You take out chalk and kneel down, drawing the binding circle, with delicate arcane sigils written inside it. This takes about fifteen minutes to do. Once completed, you turn to Illiana, commanding her, “Please, step inside. This binding circle will render you immobile, but it won’t hurt.” She obeys.

Stepping in the center, the arcane circle glows for a moment. “Woah, I really can’t move my feet,” Illiana says, as she tries to move her legs to no avail. You take out the necessary ingredients for the ritual -- various plants, animal organs, and metals -- and place them around the spirit. Once completed, you chant the magic words: “O spirit, trapped on this world, you will now serve me.” You raise your hand towards Illiana and close your eyes, thinking about what form you want her to take. A ferret, you imagine, forming the image in your head. Runes appear in the air in front of your hand and you chant “O spirit, trapped in this world, you will now serve me.”

Illiana begins to glow, intensifying to a bright light, and instantly the light disappears, revealing only a ferret.

“Holy shit, you really turned me into a fucking ferret. Are these my fucking hands, what the- what is that? I can feel someone on my back. Is that my tail?” Illiana the pirate ferret wiggles her tail. The spell is complete and you run your foot on the circle, breaking the ward and freeing Illiana.

The ferret moves about, getting used to her new body. “So does this mean I can leave this place?”

“Yes,” you say, “but the spell binds you to me. At anytime I can port you to my side.”

“Ah, so I can’t just run away from you?” Illiana asks. “Just kidding!”

“Good. Tristan, with your familiar, I pronounce you a real witch,” Aegwynn says, smiling. “Now then,” she turns to her other apprentice, “Thad.”

(1/2)
>>
Did I say (1/2)? I meant (1/3).

>>451797
Thad has winter blond hair. Freckles dot his pale skin and under his grey eyes, dark circles revealing his late nights of studying. He wears a poncho made of various fabrics, wrapped around his frail body, and on his big belt are several pouches, containing alchemical ingredients and other materials. On his belt, too, is a ritual dagger. Although Thad is the same age as you, having been brought in by Aegwynn only a couple weeks after you, he has always been a little distant. Regardless, he was the only person you had, besides Aegwynn, so you tried your best to be his friend. Now older, Thad has become sluggish in his movement, seemingly exhausted all the time. Aegwynn tells you it’s because he keeps staying up so late, reading the old lore and spell books, but you still worry about him.

“She really accepted, just like that?” Thad asks, looking at the ferret. His voice is raspy, but not because of his current state -- his voice has always been like that, an odd quirk of his. “If someone were to tell me that they were going to turn me into an animal, I’d have second thoughts,” he continues.

“I’m a very open person,” Illiana informs the boy.

“We’re going home now,” Aegwynn informs everyone..

There’s a short pause, but it felt very long. You watch Thad.

“What?” Thad asks.

“I don’t think you’re ready, not yet at least,” your master explains. “I will continue to teach you. I believe by winter, you’ll be ready.”

“Why? I’m just as proficient as Tristan.”

“I never said you weren’t, but right now, you still need temperament. You’re like a freshly forged sword that still needs to be hammered to perfection.”

“This is-this is because you keep coddling him!” Thad accused, pointing a finger at you. “If you had spent just as much time teaching me as you had him, I’d be strong too.”

“Thad, at your current level, I’m afraid that the spirit you choose will possess you at any moment. Your spirit is still weak.”

After a pause, Thad asks softly, “Why did you even bring me here?”

“I wanted to you see to Tristan perform the ritual, so that you can be prepared for when your time comes.”

Thad is about to say something, but he stops. He clenches his fists.

“Okay, let’s go home,” Aegwynn commands.

“Wait,” says a spirit. The many spirits that haunt Ostwick surround the group. “You can… you can raise the barrier, can’t you?” one asks. “Please, exorcise us. You have that power, don’t you?” Another requests.

“Hmm… this is a problem,” Aegwynn puts his staff down. “Okay, you three, go back home without me.”

(2/3)
>>
>>451799
Illiana wraps herself around your neck.

The three of you walk down the secret passage to Aegwynn’s hut. A powerful spell causes commoners to lose their way, but her apprentices are warded against it. Inside the hut, which is much, much bigger than it appears to be on the outside, there are many corridors and levels. Upstairs is a library, containing many arcane texts, and above that are your bedrooms. Right now, the room you are in, serves as both a vestibule and a kitchen. A fireplace, enchanted so that any fire inside it can never be extinguished, is still lit. The shelves on the walls contain ingredients, both for eating and rituals.

You hear your belly rumble.

“Oh, this place is neat,” Illiana says. She leaps off your shoulder and searches around the place, eventually leaving your eyesight as she ventures leaps from step-to-step upstairs.

Thad sighs, then looks at you. “I’m really weak, aren’t I?” he asks you.

>”Super weak.”
>”Master just wants you to be safe.”
>Other.

(3/3)
>>
>>451804
>Not YOU per se. We all have our strengths and our weaknesses. But having weaknessses doesnt mean we're weak. Your weakness just happened to be your spirit, according to Aegwynn. The fact you asked me if you're weak testifies to that. Have more confidence. You're a great apprentice, always studying. Vying for knowledge. You'll be an even better witch.
>>
>>451835
This this this, I don't want him to become our antagonist.

Maybe word it even softer and less patronizing at the beginning though

> Thad, we've known eachother for years and you have always put all of your effort, more than anyone could ask of you, into being the best.

> Our master is of an older way of thinking, too much ambition is a sign of worry in her eyes, and I'd agree if I didn't know you. Learn to control your emotions about ambition when needed, and start proving to her your passion isn't an obsession, eat healthier with me, sleep more.
>>
Yeah, let's try and stay buddies with the other witch, we don't want him to be our enemy.
( Also, why are we called a witch? Tristan is a dude, call him a wizard. )
>>
>>451926
The term "witch" actually doesnt consign ot a gender role. An example of before its was warped to connotate a female was the Salem Witch Trials. Men could be witches too, and were accused of such when reason was thought to be found.
>>
>>451835
+ You and aegwynn the closest thing that I could call family. I'm am jealous of your tenacity and your progress. We will grow together my brother.
>>
>>451926
Original interpretation of "witch", "occultist", "warlock", etc in biblical/most abrahamic religions was just someone who worshipped the devil or other weird non god shit
>>
>>451804
Ask him about the kind of familiar he would like to have. What are his ambitions and dreams
>>
>>451835
>>451912
>>451926
“Thad, you’re not weak. We’ve known each other for eight years and all that time, I thought, wow, you’ll definitely become a witch like the master. You study every night, create potions just for practice -- your room smells like an alchemist’s lab!” The smell makes me queasy, you think. “I really do think you’re the better mage.” You finish, smiling.

Thad looks morosely at nothing in particular. “Then why did master say I wasn’t ready?” he asks.

“I think you study too much. You aren’t eating enough, sleeping enough, or getting any sun. That makes your body weak, y’know? Maybe master wants you to train your body too, not just your mind,” you respond. This is your opinion, but you believe it to be true. Thad does have a frail body, though he’s always had it -- must be from his genetics. But nevertheless, he could stand to exercise more and eat better!

“Thad,” you say, facing him, “you’re my brother. I won’t leave your side, promise.”

Thad looks down for a bit. “Your brother,” he mumbles to himself, before sighing. Finally, he lets a smile grace his face. “You’re right. Hey, you’re hungry, right? I’ll go make something.”

>Go look for Illiana.
>Read some books.
>Practice your magic.
>Create a potion.
>Sleep.
>Other.
>>
>>451957
Illiana will come to us when she pleases
>Practice our magic
>>
>>451957

>>451977
Scratch this. Can we go back to our master? Im curious.
>>
>>451957
>>Practice your magic.
Maybe get some rum for Lillian.
>>
>Read some books.
>>
Change >>452021
To ask Thad for alchemy book recommendations.
>Read some books
>>
>>452044
>>452069
>Read some books.
“Alright. I’ll be in the library, reading,” you tell Thad. He sprinkles some spices into the pot, stirring as he does.

You go upstairs and see Illiana, the ferret pirate, scouring about, looking at the medallions, valuable artifacts, and ancient weapons that decorate the walls and ceiling. “Heh, this is small time compared to my treasure!” she says, while obsessively analyzing a shield that belonged to a royal house that no longer exists. “This might fetch a good price, though.”

“I think your buyers would rather sell a talking ferret,” you joke.

“If they do, I’d be worth at least a galleon if not two.”

You walk through the aisles, examining each bookcase, before finding the Arcana, the most comprehensive history of magic and magic users. In addition to lore, the book also contains information on astronomy, spells, ingredients for said spells, spirit classifications, how to read the weather, potion creation, and how to ward against demons and other evil spirits. Really, it was more like an almanac.

Grabbing the lofty text, you bring to a nearby table and begin flipping to the list of recognized spells. The Arcana had been written by a wizard, not a witch, so the type of unsavory magic Aegwynn practices would not be found in the book. Regardless, it still contains useful spells, such as how to evoke the natural spirits to conjure flame or reduce the temperature in a liquid, forming ice from it. Such magic, however, contrasts with witchcraft. Wizards, the “accepted” type of mage, respect the elements and the spirits, while witches bind them, forcing them into servitude. Some witches cause constant pain to the spirits they bind, forcing them to commit atrocities against their will.

You look at Illiana and wonder what type of mage you will grow up to be -- and you wonder what type of witch Aegwynn is. In the eight years you’ve studied and lived under her, you have never seen her use her magic for negative purposes -- only ever to perform positive acts, such as curing wounds and alleviating pain. Yet, you know she has a fearsome reputation among the commoners. The “Lady of the Forest,” they call her. Children are told to avoid this forest, told that the Lady of the Forest will snatch them up and grind their bones to dust for her spells -- that she’ll use their eyes to place a pox upon their parents, their guts to divine the future, and their livers for sustenance. When Aegwynn was younger, during her prime, did she snatch children? You remember the times Aegwynn joked with you, saying that she only took you in to be her emergency food.

(1/2)
>>
>>452171
Aegwynn must be over a hundred years old, you imagine. Maybe even a thousand -- you never asked. Yet she uses some sort of charm to make herself appear about the age of forty. Beneath her witch’s cap is long hair, black as midnight. Her staff, the Nightshade, is ancient -- you know this, because the Arcana mentions it. According to the lore, the Nightshade was first created and used by a witch, more spider than human. Legendary heroes slew the witch and, fearful of the magic backlash that might be caused by destroying it, stored the Nightshade in a dungeon. Somehow Aegwynn has come to possess it.

It doesn’t matter what she was before, though. She has taken care of both you and Thad.

You turn the alchemy section. It details how to create health potions, mana potions, potions for curing disease, potions that grant you strength, agility, or intellect, and potions that can make you taller or smaller. There are potions not listed in the Arcana, though. Love potions, potions that cause the imbiber to turn into a terrible monster, and potions that explode to create a fire capable of burning even iron. These potions can be found in the basement of the hut, the storage room where Aegwynn keeps her magical items. You remember a time that a woman came into the hut, begging Aegwynn to create a love potion for her. Your master snatched a single strand of hair from the woman and dropped it into the bottle, stirring it with the various ingredients. The potion released a puff of a smoke and turned bright pink, signalling the success of its creation. Aegwynn gave the potion to the woman, who held to her bosom, happy at last. But it was not a real love potion.

“Why did you give her a fake potion?” you asked Aegwynn.

“Because that would be unethical,” she replied.

But why would a witch care about something like that?

-----

After half an hour, you hear Thad shouting, “the food’s ready!”

You and Illiana head downstairs. The fireplace holds the pot, keeping it hot. Inside, a simple beef stew. Thad comes up to you and reveals a bottle -- rum. “I found it in the storage,” he said, smiling devilishly. As he holds it out, however, Illiana leaps up and snatches it away.

“I don’t think ferret hands can open it,” Thad says.

“I’ll just have to smash it open,” the ferret replies.

>Skip to midnight.
>Other.

(2/2)
>>
>>452173
>Open it for her.
I'll be damned if our familiar starts licking rum off the floor. Then skip to midnight.
>>
>>452173
Split the drink amongst all three of you, but give her larger portion. Enjoy the meal and both of there company
>>
>>452509
>I don't know, he left?
>>
It might be tedious, but I won't be auto-piloting Tristan's speech. Anytime it's his turn to talk, I'll end the post and give you your options, so expect a lot of short posts especially in situations where you have to give a lot of different responses. Though you can remedy this just by saying stuff like, "Play it cool," "Be interrogative," et cetera and I'll do the rest of the responses accordingly.

>>452228
>>452467
You grab the bottle of rum from Illiana and open it, pouring two-thirds of it in a bowl. Illiana leaps onto the table and looks down on the bowl. “In hindsight, this is very weird,” she says, before plunging her head in.

Raising the bottle towards Thad, you shake it. “Oh, okay haha,” he remarks, looking at the bottle. The two of you finish the remainder while eating.

-----

Midnight comes. Aegwynn has not come home yet before you had fallen asleep, but suddenly you are awaken by her. She shakes your body, whispering, “Tristan, Tristan, wake up.” You slowly raise your body, rubbing your eyes.

“Where’s Thad?”

>”What do you mean?”
>Other.
>>
>>452512
What? I think something Is wrong with my internet connection sorry.
>>
>>452512
I deleted and reposted the post 'cause I messed up the formatting. Whoops.
>>
>>452512
>>452516
Oh okay, here it is, hell. This is my vote.
>>
>>452516
I thought he went to bed
>>
>>452551
OPs never really sleep. He's typing on his bed.
>>
>>452512
>>452551
>”I thought he went to bed. He left?”

“I can’t find him. After an hour, I got worried and used the location spell on him, but he’s put up a ward against it. Tristan, do you know where he might’ve gone?”

>”He’ll probably be back by tomorrow.”
>”To Ostwick, to bind a spirit.”
>”I don’t know.”
>>
>>452685
>>
>>452685
>He didn't say anything, but if I had to guess, he probably went...
>>
>>452695
>>452759
>”He didn't tell me anything, but maybe he went back to Ostwick to bind a spirit."

“He won’t find any there,” Aegwynn says. “I’ve expelled them all, but he might return when he learns this. Tell me, when did you go to sleep? Was Thad here when you went to sleep?” Illiana is listening in, but doesn’t respond to what the witch has said.

“What time is it?” you ask.

“Just a little after midnight.”

“I went to sleep two hours ago. Thad was here then.”

“It shouldn’t take longer than thirty minutes to get to Ostwick by foot. If he saw that there were no more spirits, he would’ve been back by now.” Aegwynn looks down sullenly, then looks back at you. “Tristan, I know you want to leave and be independent, but I have one last request of you. Will you please heed me?”

“Of course, master,” you say, steadily growing worried.

“I fear for Thad. He is… a frail boy. I believe he must’ve left to live on his own, but he can’t do that. He’s still inexperienced. The Order, if they learn of his existence, they will seek him down and they will capture him. But what I fear most is that a demon will seduce him and possess his body.

Tristan, I cannot leave this place. You can hate me all you want for this, but I ask of you, can you find Thad and bring him home?”

>”Yes, of course. I don’t hate you.”
>”Why can’t you leave?”
>”Yes.”
>Other.
>>
>>452799
>>”Yes, of course. I don’t hate you.”
>You've cared for me. I'd do whatever you ask.
>>
>>452799
> Yes of course, you've given me so much, and this is the least I could do to start repaying that.

Would it hurt to be more sentimental with a hug or a son-ly "I love you and Thad, and I will bring him back."
>>
>>452799
>though I will try my absolute best, I should also let you know that Thad has a burst of motivation and passion. What he may use it for I only assume to transcend his limitations or feel raw power to compensate for some feeling I don't comprehend myself. So I don't make any sure fire promises, Thad is most probably volatile
>>
>>453023
I'm cool with calling her mom and trying to create a adopted like family back story with them. Makes for good character motive and development.
>>
>>453023
>>453158
I love the adopted family angle to this, gives us a solid reason to actually save Thad and not murder him when he inevitably fucks up
>>
>>452816
>>453023
>"Yes, of course. And I don't hate you. I'll find him and bring him home."

You stand outside Aegwynn's Hut, with Illiana sitting on your shoulder. Your master stands behind you, watching with worry. "Don't worry," you tell her.

"Illiana," Aegwynn says.

"Yeah?" The pirate ferret responds.

"Take care of him."

"Oh, I'll bring him back a man," Illiana says, purring despite not being a cat.

Aegwynn opens her mouth to say something, but stops. Then she says to you, "Tristan, don't let anyone know you're a mage and especially don't let anyone know you're a witch."

Your inventory consists of various ingredients for rituals and potions, as well as already-made health potions and energy restoring tonics. You carry a dagger for ritual purposes, though it can be used as a weapon. The old Arcana is also jammed in your backpack, which you believe may contain clues about where Thad went. And resting on your belt is a bag containing several coins.

The moon is still out.

"Where do you think he went?" Illiana asks.

>"Ostwick."
>"Passing." (A nearby town).
>"I don't know."
>Other.
>>
>>453023
>>453158
>>453162
Eh, Agewynn's not that type. Like, she is a mother-figure, but she just refers to Tristan and Thad as her students and likewise they refer to her as master or mentor. It'd be rather awkward if Tristan all of sudden called her mom.
>>
>>453375
No clue but the kid probably wants to prove himself or something
>Check for his tracks.
>>
>>453375
>"Passing."
>>
>>453410
>>453418
>"Maybe we can check for tracks."

Illiana leaps off your shoulders and starts peering about, discovering tracks that eventually disappear. But the tracks lead towards Passing, the nearest town. He must've gone there for food and supplies, you imagine.

-----

You travel towards Passing, walking on the side of the road to avoid the travelers and merchants. Some look curiously as your ferret, but otherwise don't bother you. However, nearing the town, a orange-haired woman, wearing damaged armor and wielding a sword-and-shield takes notice of you.

You wonder why she's looking at you, but you just look down to avoid her gaze. As you pass her, however, she turns to follow you. "You're not a sanctioned mage, are ye'?" she asks.

How did she know I was a mage? you think, panicking. You turn to face her, observing her person. She is an older woman, between thirty to forty, with lean build. Under her green eyes are slight bags. Her armor initially looks to be of poor quality, due to have scarred and marked they are, however, upon closer inspection, you see that the metal and the leather are woven together with intricate designs.

Her long sword rests on her belt and her shield attached to a back strap. She does not have a threatening pose and seems rather intrigued by your presence.

>"Who are you?"
>"What are you talking about?"
>"You must have me confused for someone else."
>"How did you know I'm a mage?"
>Ignore her and continue walking.
>Other.
>>
>"Who are you?"
>>
>>453397
>>453410
> one person votes for an option that is perfectly valid if one thing is done, but OP can't even omit the word 'mom' and keep the answer in

Dropped
>>
>>453688
what are you talking about.
>>
>>453615
>>"Who are you?"
>>"What are you talking about?"
>>
>>453615
>>453981
Act like this doesnt scare the crap out of us.

>Yes, I am. You are? And what help do you need?
>>
It wasnt the response from the woman, OP was responding to some shitposter.
>>
>>453688
I just feel like calling someone, who've you've never called your mom, "mom" all of a sudden would just be really awkward. Like imagine that happening in real life. That'd be really cringe to be honest. Like accidentally calling your high school teacher mom.

>>453661
>>453981
>>454119
>"Who are you?" you say, keeping a calm composure.

"I'm just a traveler. But, even though I'm a stranger, I feel like I should tell you that you're not warding yourself enough. Anyone that can detect magic would be able to see you. And that includes the Order," the woman says. "And you're so young, too," continuing. She checks her glove with a "hmm," before returning her attention to you. "I suppose it doesn't matter if you're a sanctioned mage or not. If the Order finds you alone, they'll take you in."

Illiana keeps moving around your neck, cautiously watching the woman.

"Oh, is that your familiar?" the warrior asks, leaning forward to look at the ferret. "I guess you're not alone."

Illiana hisses at the woman, even though she's not a snake.

"But the Order... or, a mage stronger than you, could easily exorcise your familiar. I recommend you strengthen your warding. It'll drain some of your mana, but that's better than the alternative."

>"Uh... okay?"
>"Thanks?"
>"Why are you telling me all this?"
>Increase your warding's power output.
>Other.
>>
>>454818
Ferrets can hiss, actually.

>Thank you.

Then keep walking. We can increase or output later.
>>
>>454818
>"Why are you telling me all this?"

and

>Increase your warding's power output.
>>
>>454818
>>"Why are you telling me all this?"
>>
>>454859
>>454990
Oh, uh, I know I keep asking this, but are you guys fine with me taking so long between posts? I don't want you to get annoyed, but I want to wait until I get like three people responding first. Or two people who suggest the same option.
>>
>>454990
>>455019
>"Why are you telling me all this?" you ask, as you increase your warding.

"Oh, that's better," the warrior says, taking note of your adjustments. "And why I'm telling you all this? Hmm... well, call it chivalry. Not only are you young, but you're also a mage -- lots of people will try to take advantage of you, try to seduce you to perform acts evil acts, or may even attack you." Her voice is very sincere.

"I am Regina," she informs, "I will not ask of your origins or how you came to become a mage, but I ask of you, please allow me to escort you to Passing. It is the honorable thing to do."

"Scram, you're not his mom," Illiana hisses.

>"You can come with me."
>"Don't follow me."
>"Can you detect magic?"
>Other.
>>
>>455061
>"Don't follow me."
>>
>>455061
>Can you teach me how to detect magic?
>>
>>455020
Depends on the attention-span of your players, really. I'm totally cool with it though. But that may be because I have other things to do and my own quest to run.
>>
>>455061
>>Other
I rather you didn't, but did you happen to notice a boy of about my age with magical talents within the past two hours?
>>
>>456139
"I lost a witch."
>>
>>455020
It's fine by me

I'll go with >>455682
>>
>>456147
I rather we just call him a mage rather than a witch. You probably can't tell a difference by looking
>>
>>456139
>>456147
>>456152
>>456166
>"I lost a mage."

Regina looks at you blankly for a second, before responding. "What?"

"You can detect magic, right? That's how you knew I was a mage," you inquire.

"I can."

"Did you happen to detect any other magical presences nearby? Or did you happen to see a boy around my age, with blond hair? Probably wearing a poncho, with medallions tied to it, and might have other trinkets on his person, like potions and charms? He has grey eyes and talks with a hoarse voice."

"Tristan, don't you think you're telling her too much?" Illiana asks.

"I'm sorry, but you're the only magic user I've felt. And I have not seen anyone matching that description."

"Oh."

"Hmm, well now I definitely won't leave. To know that you're on a quest to save a friend, another child that could be corrupted by the malicious forces of this world -- I cannot ignore lest I do away with my honor," Regina says.

"Ugh," is all Illiana has to say.

You're confused about what to say next. This is a stranger, maybe she's a witch hunter, which might explain her ability to detect magic, but so far she seems to be a nice person. Plus, her ability to sense magic might be useful in finding Thad.

"Regina, can you teach me how to sense magic?" you inquire.

"I cannot. Or, I can, but it would require you to undergo a terrible ordeal to acquire such an ability. But that's only for commoners such as myself. I'm certain there's a spell or two that can perform the same function, without you having to suffer to do so."

"You know a lot about magic."

"I do."

You think for a moment. "Okay, you can escort me to Passing. But that's all. Once we reach there, we depart ways."

-----

There are no incidences on the way to Passing.

By the time your party reach the town, it is already sundown. "Do you plan to continue your search during the night?" Regina asks.

>"No."
>"Yes."
>Other.
>>
>>456286
>>Ask a question (you decide).
What kind of adventuring does she do specifically.

A commoner who can sense other peoples magic while we cannot is a pretty big deal no?
>>
>>456286
Have we been following his tracks still?
>>
>>456525
Oh, we followed the tracks outside the hut, but they eventually disappeared (possibly from Thad using a spell to cover it). But what was left of the tracks pointed towards Passing, which is why we're traveling there.

>>456307
It'd definitely be a big deal, but I was thinking Tristan and Regina would have a "don't ask any personal questions about each other" relationship for each other. I mean, unless you guys /want/ to ask, but no one's suggested it yet.
>>
Can we telepathically communicate with Illiana? If so, lets ask for her take on the situation, including her opinion on the trustworthiness of Regina.
>>
>>456666
I like this suggestion. I would change my vote to this if its doable.
>>
>>456666
Same. Ask her for help tracking down a person.
>>
>>456666
Eh, I don't know if I want telepathy. That's more psychic stuff rather than magic. But Tristan could still ask Illiana in private, away from Regina.

>>456735
Ask Illiana or Regina?
>>
>>456755
Ask Illiana in private what >>456666 said.
>>
>>456666
>>456711
>"Lets take a short break."

Regina heads to the nearest tavern. After seeing her enter, you say to Illiana, "What do you think of her?"

"Hmm? I don't trust her."

"Why?"

"She hasn't asked what your name is."

>Leave Passing without Regina.
>Go into the tavern.
>Other.
>>
>>456859
Ask her why that is bad, and if she knows how to hunt down others.
>>
>>456883
1. We supposedly won't llve long enough for it to matter.
2. She already knows. Which means she knows too much about us. Which means she was either looking or hunting for us. Either of which is bad.
>>
>>456883
>"Why's that bad?"

"It's suspicious. You're a mage, but she doesn't care about your name or who you are? For all she knows, you could be some baby eating virgin sacrificing witch.

I think maybe she's going to turn you in to the Order or whatever other group likes young, impressionable mages. Or maybe she's a mage herself and she plans on draining your magic! Would explain why she can detect magic. We should just leave now, while she's not looking," Illiana suggests.

You think about it, but before deciding, you ask Illiana, "Can you track Thad down?"

"Well, most of my contacts are either retired or dead, and I really don't know how much the world had changed since I died. Maybe there's no more crime! But if there is and the big name gangs are still running things, then I might be able loosen some lips," she responds.

>Go into the tavern.
>Other.
>>
>>458694
We stay. She can sense our magic presence and I fear her tracking skill are too superior. It would be futile to try and escape. We would only teach her of our suspicions.
>>
>>458694
Learn about her as she does what she will with us. Zero in on a weakness and if she is in fact an enemy, we deal with her before too late.
>>
>it's a dead /qst/ episode
>>458754
>>458759
>Go into the tavern.

Regina is discussing something with the innkeeper as you approach her. "Excuse me," she says to the innkeeper, turning to you.

"It's getting dark. We'll stay here tonight," you inform.

"Oh, good. I'll order another room, then."

"Why are you helping us?"

"I've already told you. It would not be right to leave you to travel alone, familiars notwithstanding."

You look down for a moment. "My name's Tristan. And this is Illiana," you say, as the ferret wraps around your shoulder, staring intently at the warrior.

"Oh. Well, hello Tristan and Illiana," Regina says, with a smile.

>>456307
"Can I ask what sort of traveling you do?"

"Of course. I just wander around, doing odd jobs, mostly body guarding merchants. Sometimes heavy lifting," Regina explains. She looks at you for a second. "But don't think I'm a mercenary. I won't take any job that'd hurt someone."

"Wouldn't being a bodyguard require you to hurt people?" you ask.

"Well, then that's just self-defense."

-----

It is night. Regina has gone to keep room.

>Go to your room and sleep.
>Other.
>>
>>459572
Well you are on page 5 now.

How much do we need sleep? If we're tired enough that it'll effect our concentration then we should set up some wards on the door/windows and get some sleep.

There might still be clues in this town where Thad is though, so we'll want to do at least a quick search.
>>
>>459572
make a new thread mate
>>
>>459572
With Lillian's help to guide us with talking, let's to some of the patrons or the bar keep and get information about things happening. Any useful information from bandits and bear attacks to rumours or mysterys happening in the world. May give us a clue to follow and allows us to practice socializing and possibly charming.
>>
>>459960
Ok then, lets chat up some bar patrons for a bit. See what information we can get.
>>
>>459572
If I was you I would get the hell out.
>>
Reading up and following.
>>
>>459572
>>Go to your room and sleep.
>>
>>465007
>>462190
>>459975
>>459960
>>459693
You guys really want me to make a new thread? To be honest, I don't think I want to keep writing -- I've been way too brain dead the past couple days to write anything substantial. That and I don't really know how to progress the story. But if you guys really want to, I could make a new thread.
>>
>>466849
This anon's opinion: if you don't want to, don't do it. If the desire strikes you again, then do it. Don't live for other people.
>>
>>467338
I agree.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.