[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lich King Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: overlord-screencap-1.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
overlord-screencap-1.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
You are currently arm deep in an ooze, waiting for a donated corpse to finish becoming a skeleton for your new design (Mega-Skeleton with 10 ARMS), when someone starts knocking at your castle door.

You bought this Doomed Castle, in the Loneliest Mountain of the Dread Range specifically because you did NOT want people doing that. That, and when you refused to raise the dead to take over the world, your parents kicked you out of the Grand Castle of Death. But you are quite happy now. You don't do anything evil, and just enjoy your lichdom in study and peace. You even have a sweet deal with a local town, that you occasionally soul trap demons in exchange for a few donated corpses of criminals for study.

But that's not important. What IS important is that someone is knocking at your door and your rubber apron is covered in bits of a Black Pudding Ooze and flesh chunks.

What do you do?
>go to answer the door
>get a skeleton servant to answer it
>Write-In
>>
Just yell for whoever it is to let them self in.
You'll be right there.
>>
>>446981
Open it but first make yourself look as spooky as possible.
>>
>another fucking lich quest
literally the least original quest possible
>>
It isn't difficult to use a thaumatergy cantrip to propel your voice across the stone walls and to echo out to whoever is waiting.

"ENTER MY LAIR...IF YOU DARE." You attempt to sound as menacing as possible as you extract your skeleton arm from the depths of the black slime. You rip off the apron and try to slip back into some robes while some other skeletons with shovels start digging out the bones for you.

You put on your dark robes and gilded rings, trying your best to look as intimidating as possible. A little bit of slime got on your robes, but you hope the fact that you are a talking skeleton will distract your guest.

You sweep across the floors, and enter the Grand Hall where a single lonely human is waiting. He is dressed in a battle uniform, probably some mid-ranking military officer in some army or another. He hasn't noticed you yet.

Do you
>Simply walk in and demand answers
>Try to spook him before making a theatrical entrance
>Write-in
>>
>>447089
>Try to spook him before making a theatrical entrance
>>
>>447068 (you) (you) (you)
>>
>>447089
>>Try to spook him before making a theatrical entrance
>>
>>447089
spooky fest
>>
>>447089
spook obvs

is this the same quest we gave the transmorphic stone to the llil ginger girl?
>>
You take a deep breath, and then allow the spell for Encroaching Darkness to seep from your bones and engulf the Grand Hall. The flames quickly die out, and the soldier begins to cry out as everything goes black.

You make your move, sneaking as quietly as you can up to him before dispelling the darkness and leaving him cowering before you.

"WHO DARES TO-" He breaks out crying before you can continue. It really ruins your entrance if they just get reduced to blubbering messes. "Look-hey-LISTEN!" You shout, getting him to shut up. "What do you want, mortal?"

Tears still streaming down his face, he pulls out a letter and throws it at your feet. You roll your eyes and pick it up, undoing the bright red ribbon and peel over the letter. It's from your brother.

You were kicked out of the Family Home for not wanting world domination, but you weren't the black sheep of the family. That honor went to your brother, Marus, who went and joined a church and started fighting for goodness and light. You thought it was admirable, but you two didn't talk much since his new paladin friends looked down on necromancy. Even if you weren't messing with souls. Just a bunch of classists.

It seems like your brother has died, moving peacefully into the afterlife. He died after leading a revolution and securing a nation's freedom from tyranny. The nation was wartorn until very recently, but it was united under your brother's justice and chivalry...But all that chivalry means that he never got married, and since most of the royalty was recently diposed, that only left one option.

He made you his next heir.

You read over the letter twice more in case you missed something, but it is quite clear. Falrun, one of the most tumultuous, magical, insane kingdoms in the world is now under your command if you chose to accept.

What do you do
>Demand the soldier to explain what is going on
>Go summon your brother's soul
>Throw the letter away and go back to your ooze
>Write-in
>>
>>447284
accept that shit we dont need to be evil and like we get all the bodies
>>
>>447284
>Go summon your brother's soul
Also make sure the soldiers present while we do this.
>>
>>447284
>Write-in
pack our skeletal bags and get on the move, a king gets access to a royal library which our brother no doubt filled with sweet delicious magical tomes
>>
>>447284
Summon bro
>>
>>447284
summon our bro's soul
>>
There is no way that asshole would just drop this on you. You grumble something and turn around, yelling at the cowering knight to follow you as you marched back into your laboratories.

He comes along, though he needs some skeletons to hold him up, as you begin to throw some jars into a massive cauldron in the center. This is one of your smaller laboratories, but its the only one equipped to summon a soul directly from the other side. Even out of practice, your rage fills you with determination, and soon the potion turns a devilish green as you see a portal open up in the room.

Eventually, a single ghostly soul rises from the portal, moaning and shrieking out into the room.

"Cut the crap Marus." You say, crossing your arms and impatiently tapping your feet. The ghost stops and just rolls his eyes, settling down onto the edge of the cauldron.

"C-commander Marus!" The soldier yells, getting down on one knee. You ignore him and hold up the paper.

"What the hell is this?"

"Well, Darius. It should be obvious. I made you king."

"I can see that, fucker. WHY did you make me a king? I hate politics! I hate people! I'm a lich!" You detach your arm for effect, waving the limb around while it still clutched the paper.

"Yeah. But you're smart, and a good person and..." Marus looks concerned. "And I wanted to make something that'll last." He sighed and stepped down from the cauldron, putting a ghostly arm around you. "The other commanders that are still alive? They're either old and stuck in their ways, or too young to remember how bad things could be. But you, even after all these years, were still a good person. Even when you were tempted by evil, you remained neutral. And that's what I need! What the world needs!

There are too many heroes and villains. Now they need someone who is unique and clever enough to make sure neither of those sides ruin it for everyone else."

You sigh and scratch your skull. "But, I mean, I still scared the shit out of you soldiers. Even intentionally, not many people want a lich running the kingdom.

"Darius, I know you can figure something out. You can convince them that, despite being an undead lord with command over the deceased, you are still an upstanding lad. Plus, if you don't, some religious nut will just rise to power and probably send cleric hit squads anyway."

What do you do
>Accept it with honor
>Accept, but make sure Marus knows he's a dick
>Decline and get back to skeleton science
>Write-in
>>
>>447361
Dont start complaining if some random kingdom tries to purge yours because of this.
>>
>>447361
>>
>>447361
accept, but make sure he knows he's a dick

also based op for updating faster
>>
>>447361
>>Accept it with honor
And
>>Accept, but make sure Marus knows he's a dick
Something like "I respect your decision and I'll do my best, but you could at least warn me you dick."

Also, ask for any relevant info that may help or we should know.
>>
You sigh and re-attach your arm, rolling up the letter and putting it in your pocket.

"All right, all right. I'll do it." Marus just grins, but you cut him off. "NOT because you told me too. Because there has to be some...intellectual knowledge to be gained from holding a political position."

"Sure, sure, brother. Soldier!" Marus voice shifts to a deep, commanding tone. He was always good at putting on an act. The soldier stands at attention. "I, Commander Marus de Mora, as my final act, promote you, Solider...um..."

"Charles, sir." The man said nervousy.

"Soldier Charles, to Sir Charles. You will serve my brother to the best of his abilities, and obey his orders as you would my own. Understood?"

"C-crystal clear, sir." The man said, and Marus smiled.

"Good. Need anything else, Darius?" You think it over for a minute, then smile. You reach over onto a shelf and pull out a few vials that you pour into the pot. The liquid turns a bright, painfully pastel pink and blue, and your brother's ghostly form follows suit. "What did you do?" He asks, looking over his ghostly skin as the garish colors swirled in his form.

"It's just a Soul Dye. It'll wear off in about 100 years." Marus glared, but you wave your hand and dispel him before he can argue. "That's what he gets for being an ass hat."

You sigh and look over your castle. You're going to have to pack now, figure out what you should take, what you CAN take. You look over at the knight, who looks like he wants to be anywhere else except right here.

What do you do
>Ask him to help you pack and carry your things
>Ask him about himself and if he wants some food
>Tell him he can leave and announce your arrival
>Write in
>>
>>447433
>Ask him to help you pack and carry your things
Do we not have a lot of skeletons or do we just have way too much stuff?
>>
>>447445
this
>>
>>447433
Sorry about that. Don't get a lot of visitors. Want a bite. We'll be working together for quite some time after all.
>>
>>447433
Have him announce our arrival

Gotta prep our super spooky arrival
>>
>>447433
>>Ask him about himself and if he wants some food
>>
>>447433
"Do you want food? That's something humans still need, right?"
>>
>>447433
Quest seems awesome, I'm on board!
>Ask him about himself and if he wants him food
offer him a bowl of centipedes.
>>
File: 1464912471630.gif (2MB, 540x540px)
1464912471630.gif
2MB, 540x540px
op dont die on us
>>
File: Spooky.gif (1013KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky.gif
1013KB, 300x240px
>>447559
Post skeles until op comes back.
>>
File: all hope is lost.jpg (1MB, 4404x2552px) Image search: [Google]
all hope is lost.jpg
1MB, 4404x2552px
>>447561
>>
goddammit, did this lich quest died too?
>>
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo
come back
>>
File: 1451733031236.jpg (113KB, 900x900px)
1451733031236.jpg
113KB, 900x900px
Son of a bitch this was looking cool god damnit!
>>
don't you fucking die too
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.