[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Symbiote Quest (One-Shot?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

File: SymbioteQuest.jpg (121KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
SymbioteQuest.jpg
121KB, 620x372px
"Look. Just hold the damn thing inside your coat and stay out here. That's it, simple right?"

Your name is Eli, and right now you might be making the worst decision of your life. Your friend, and you use that term loosely; Micheal hands you an indistinct black pistol. You can't help but think it's a lot heavier than it looks as you turn it over in your hands. Micheal places a hand on your shoulder,
and you look at him.

He's a lot older than you, but he's probably the only adult in your life who's given you anything resembling respect. Not many people seem to care about an orphan. Hell, the people at the orphanage are paid to care, and they barely seem to give a fuck. If they did you probably wouldn't be out here holding a gun. The cold air bites your hands, and you stuff both the gun and your hands into the pockets of your ragged coat.

How the hell did you even get in this situation?

>Micheal said he had a way for you to get some quick money.
>You owed Micheal a favor. He came to collect.
>You heard about Micheal's connections and asked for work.
>Write-In
>>
>>446531
>>Micheal said he had a way for you to get some quick money.
>>
>>446531
>>
>>446531
>>
>>446531
>>
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Asked for work - 1
Favor - 2
>>
File: Micheal.jpg (75KB, 886x902px) Image search: [Google]
Micheal.jpg
75KB, 886x902px
Micheal saved your life. Well, not really. To say he saved your life would probably be overdramatic. Those thugs would have probably just kept beating on you until you passed out and stole your boots. Probably. You put up a fight, of course, even managed to take one down. When you were considering running, you felt something slam into the back of your head, and you fell to the floor. The one thing you've learned out here is never to fall on the floor in a fight. They proceeded to stomp on you like you were trash, an insignificant bug in the grand scheme of things. Then comes to Micheal like your personal hero. Swinging, kicking, and biting until some of his friends came and the thugs dispersed. The smile he gave you back then is the same one he's giving you now.

One that carries more meaning in it. One that says "You're still standing because of me." "I own you." "Don't even think about running." He found you while you were out hoping to get some form of charity from passersby. When someone dropped five dollars into your hand, you felt a spark of hope. You wouldn't have to eat whatever they decided to scrap together into some kind of soup. You'd be able to get a hot sub maybe. Your hope quickly faded away to nervousness when you saw him smiling above you and returning his wallet.

Your stomach churns.

"Alright, kid. Wait how old are you again?" He asks eyes darting back and forth.

"I just turned seventeen last week." you answer, breath taking shape in the night air.

"Congratulations." He holds out a fist, and you reluctantly bump it. "All you have to do is stand out here and watch the street. If anybody tries to come in you, scare them off, convince them otherwise, or hell get physical." He squeezes your arm. "You got some muscle there, and I saw how you handled yourself before you took that sucker punch. Me an my boys are going to handle some business and after we'll just leave like nothing happened." He walks past you up the stairs into the run down building. You start shuffling where you stand as the cold begins to creep into your legs and surely not because your heart is beating 800 times a second. "Relax kid. Stop making yourself look so damn sus." You hear hi say before a door opens and closes.

You sigh and opt to sit down on the stoop where you can relax and take some form of shelter against the winter winds. A few cars drive by filling in the tracks made by previous cars as they drove through the snow. Men and women hurriedly race home to where you assume they'll sit down in a nice apartment and eat a nice meal. Your previous hunger is forgotten under the waves of nausea and anxiety as you watch the streets, pocket heavier than it as ever been.

>Roll me a 1d5
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>446793
>>
File: SleepingBagman.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
SleepingBagman.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>446808
Writan
>>
>>446812
Curse my ability to press the tiny captcha button on my phone in time
>>
>implying going to 4chan can save you from me
>>
File: Patrick Mulligan.png (155KB, 254x325px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick Mulligan.png
155KB, 254x325px
You hold your arms close to you while you wait and watch. Soon the cold overwhelms you, and you stuff your hands into your pockets. When you feel the gun brush by one of your hands, you quickly pull it out again. You watch the nearly dead streets paying close attention to anybody passing.

The woman carrying bags of groceries, the strays rushing into an alleyway, the couple holding hands and walking into another building, the student rushing down the street with a backpack. You admit that a part of you always wanted to attend a school. Maybe join a sports team, meet a girl, make some friends. Pretty hard for you to do any of that with the way your life is set up. The red and blue mustang that roars down the road shatters your fantasy and nearly gives you a heart attack. You find your hand holding onto the gun, and you quickly move your hand away. A cop car passes by the building, and you notice one of the cop's eyes linger on you as you sit on the steps. Your heart races as you try to look as inconspicuous as possible if that's even possible. You breathe a sigh of relief when he continues down the road.

You spend another ten minutes on that stoop wondering what the hell Micheal could be doing inside. Your legs are nearly frozen to the bone, and you took to holding one and in your coat pocket and the other in your jeans. At least the night has been quiet so far you think until the same cop car pulls up across the street. A cop walks out, and he looks at you before leaning back into the car and saying something to his partner. Your heart batters against your chest when he begins to cross the street. Soon he stands in front of you, and you can see a tag on his uniform.

P. Mulligan

He places a foot on the step and leans on it while looking at you.

"I'm pretty sure it's a school night, and I'm pretty sure you know that yourself. So might I ask what in the blazes are you doing in this cold?" He asks with a smile on his face.

You feel yourself sweating under your skully.

>What do you say/do?
>>
File: 1467063489827.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1467063489827.png
142KB, 415x367px
>>446891
>>
>>446898
Cap this motherfucker.
Really though just make some bullshit excuse like enjoying the outdoors I guess.
>>
>>446898
Watching to see if that red and blue Mustang is gonna speed past here again? Idk man there's no legitimate excuse for this.
not a very attention-grabbing first thread so far desu
>>
Give me a 1d20-3

>>446962
You're right which is why I'll speed things up. I forgot how slow this board is
>>
>>446978
>a 1d20-3
By which I meant best of three
>>
>>446898
Waiting to meet a friend. I forgot my biology/calculus textbook and if I don't pass the test tomorrow my ass is grass. He said he'd lend me his, but he might be a while.
>>
Rolled 17 - 3 (1d20 - 3)

>>446978
To be fair having a write-in only vote immediately is bad for participation too
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>446990
>>446978
>>
Rolled 15 - 3 (1d20 - 3)

>>446978
>>
>>446994
>>446993
>>446991
>>446990
Writan
>>
File: Canister.jpg (34KB, 204x350px) Image search: [Google]
Canister.jpg
34KB, 204x350px
Okay, Eli calm down. You can handle this. Hopefully.

"Hey, I can't just enjoy the weather, sir?" What the fuck Eli? The police officer raises an eyebrow.

"Young man it's about 30 degrees out here. Either you're an alien or up to something." He laughs.

"Alright, alright I'm waiting for my friend he has to hand me a textbook. I really need to pass that bio exam tomorrow sir."

"Oh. Alright well, why don't you-"

"Mulls! You gonna harass every single kid from here to Queens!?" The officer's partner calls out from the patrol car and the officer turns.

"Fine! I'm coming!" He turns back to you. "Call your friend and tell him to hurry before it gets any colder." He jogs back to the car. "Stay out of trouble I don't want to have to pick you up later tonight!" The officer slides over the car and hops into the passenger seat. You see his partner berate him as the car pulls off and you sigh in relief.

And just like that your back to nearly freezing on the steps. Several minutes pass by, and you thank God that the streets are abandoned. The quiet is almost disconcerting, but you take comfort in the fact that the quieter it is the safer you are. You feel your legs begin to go numb, and you stand and begin to walk around to keep yourself warm and awake. You turn and look at the building to see a light on in two rooms. Shadows play across the window actively, and you squint at it to make something out. Soon a single shadow remains, and it quickly becomes smaller and smaller until something smashes out the window.

You shield yourself from the erupting glass as something lands in front of you. You look down to see a canister with some strange liquid-like substance in it.

>Cheese it
>Run upstairs
>Investigate the canister
>Write-In
>>
>>447063
Look but don't touch it.
>>
>>447063
>>
>>447063
>Run upstairs
>>
>>447072
>>447073
>>447076
Writan
>>
File: Base Carnage.jpg (29KB, 540x540px)
Base Carnage.jpg
29KB, 540x540px
Every part of your being tell you it's a bad idea. Your heart beats a mile a second, your arms tremble as you reach out towards it, and you begin sweating bullets as you grab a hold of the canister. This is really not a good idea.

You pull the canister up and look closely and notice that the substance has a reddish-blue tint to it. You shake the container, and the substance shakes inside for a moment before coming to a rest. Suddenly it jumps and smashes itself against it shocking you. You toss it into the air and panic before you quickly move to catch it. You sigh as the canister rests in your hands again. You look at the canister again to see the substance still slamming against the container. If you didn't know any better, you'd think it was trying to escape something...

"Come on son! I know we had our differences, but I hope we can work things out~" You look above towards the voice to see a monster.

The creature stands on the windowsill looking down at you with pure white eyes. Its body is a dark red with black highlights. It's skin churns and writhes as if it's made from billions and billions of worm-like creatures, tentacles float and hang in the air. It's hands and feet end in vicious talons and claws. The most apparent feature is its grin. The creature's face is nearly split in two by its mouth adorned in many sharp fangs. You see a lighter red color begin to slowly seep into it's body.

"Now stay right there~ Daddy's a comin.~"

Your heart begins to slam against your ribs.

>Run
>Run
>Run
>Run
>Run
>Open the canister.
>Throw the canister
>Write-in
>Run
>>
>>447151
>>Open the canister.
>>
>>447151
Shoot that monster!
>>
>>447151
>> Open the canister
>>
>>447151
>Open and throw the canister.
Why not both?
>>
>>447151
>Open the canister.
>>
Writan been actually
>>
The creature begins to crawl down the building eyes seemingly glued to you.

"The itsy bitsy carnage crawled out the windowsil~" You quickly start to fumble with the top of the container hoping to find some way to open it.

"Down came carnage who wiped the city out~" It wants the stuff right? All you got to do is open it and run. It'll leave you alone, right? Right?

"No longer would the Toxin rot the city out~" You look down desperate to see some kind of button, level, switch, or hatch. Anything to open this damned canister. But there's nothing. The creature is halfway down the building.

"No longer would the seed grow rotten roots~" FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! The creature finally sets foot upon the ground, and you begin to back away.

"The itsy bitsy-" You Raise the canister above your head

"NNNNOOOO!" The creature shrieks in an entirely different voice. More predatory, alien, and somehow even more deranged.

You throw the canister to the ground with all your might, and it shatters. The substance quickly surges away from the creature and towards you. You raise your arms in defense hoping to shield yourself. Instead of attacking you it does something worse, much worse. The substance sticks to your body, and you claw at it trying to tear it away. In response to your struggling, it only tries to attach itself to your skin even harder. With a renewed strength backed by fear, you pull it off of you. Before you can rest it shrinks and surges into your skin.

It feels like millions of needles are piercing your nerves as the substance breaches your skin. You open your mouth to scream in agony and terror, but that proves to be a mistake as another piece of it races into your mouth and down your throat. Tears come to your eyes as your nerves erupt in pain.

"NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!" You can barely hear the creature's voice over the excruciating pain.

>Roll 1d20 to stay conscious
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>447312
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>447312
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>447312
>>
File: 1458059390552.png (105KB, 417x468px) Image search: [Google]
1458059390552.png
105KB, 417x468px
>>447331
>>447321
>>447318
Writan.

Seems my luck follows me even to 4chang
>>
File: Dice Gods.jpg (37KB, 752x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dice Gods.jpg
37KB, 752x375px
>>447338
It's not like you taunt them or anything right?
>>
File: CARNAGEANN2014001-08689.jpg (42KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
CARNAGEANN2014001-08689.jpg
42KB, 250x379px
You want to die. You want to disappear. You want to reach into your coat pocket and pull out the gun. You just want the pain to end. You want to give up, close your eyes and put a stop to it all. But a small part of you refuses. A small part of you rages against your weakness, your inaction. This feeling grows from a small whisper to a stentorian shout. The tears stop. The pain mutes itself.

The substance finally finishes violating you. You rise to your feet unsure of when you fell to the ground. Across from you, the creature is in an utter state of turmoil.

"USURPER! KIDNAPPER! VILLIAN! THEIF!" It screams insults and titles at you until you see it's mouth shift and a brief glimpse of human lips

"STOP! I HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL! CARNA-" The new voice is cut out as the creature unleashes a terrifying shriek

"I WILL PIERCE YOUR CHEST! RIP OUT YOUR RIBS! AND TEAR THE TUMOR FROM YOUR HEART!" The creature finally settles down growing into a larger and much more bestial shape than before.

"YOU THINK YOURSELF CLEVER CHILD! YOUR HOST IS NOTHING! LESS THAN NOTHING! A REFLECTION OF YOUR SOON TO BE EXISTENCE!"

You should be scared. You should be shaking in pure fear, begging God to send help, to save you. Instead, all you feel is resolve. You hear something beneath the rage of the beast. A tiny whisper.

"Use... Survive..." The small voice says as you stare at the creature. As it's voice fades away you know only two options remain.

>Run
>Fight
>>
>>447380
Run
>>
>>447380
>>Run
Aint no lil bitch like us taking on Carnage. RUNNNNNNN
>>
>>447380
>Run
>>
>>447380
Run the fuck away
>>
>>447380
Run
>>
File: 1447608261276.png (530KB, 774x533px) Image search: [Google]
1447608261276.png
530KB, 774x533px
>>447394
>>447391
>>447390
>>447388
>>447384
Gib me dat 1d20+3
>>
Rolled 10 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>447426
>>
Rolled 4 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>447426
>>
Rolled 19 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>447426
>>
>>447443
Holy shit, that was my first roll on /qst/
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>447426
>>
File: 1448230586513-1.png (604KB, 720x993px) Image search: [Google]
1448230586513-1.png
604KB, 720x993px
>>447431
>>447435
>>447443
Of course
>>
>>447452
I'm not sure whether or not I should apologize.
>>
File: 1448377428308.jpg (31KB, 520x432px) Image search: [Google]
1448377428308.jpg
31KB, 520x432px
>>447456
Besides one, all of the quests I've ran had MCs with unnaturally good luck

Writan
>>
"You'll have to catch me first." You quickly turn on your heel and take a sprinter's stance.

"YOU ARE A DEFECT! THOUSANDTH OF THE LINE! I. WILL. END. YOU!" The creature roars and threatens, but you ignore it and take off.

You find yourself running at a speed you didn't even know you could reach. Buildings, parked cars, stores, and signs fly past you as you keep moving.

"RUN! RUN! AS FAST AS YOU CAN!" You hear a loud crunch and quickly look back to see the beast landing the roof of a car, completely crushing it. The creature leaps again smashing another vehicle and quickly closing the distance. You push yourself even harder.

You see stairs leading towards a train stop, and you effortlessly direct yourself towards it and up the stairs. A thick strand of red lands on a step by your foot and pulls it from beneath you. Without even thinking you quickly launch yourself off the falling step and clear the staircase. People shout in annoyance as you rush up, and those annoyed shouts become gasps of shock as you drop onto the tracks and keep running. Soon the shock gives way to pure terror as the monster reaches the stairs.

It shrieks loudly before another giant leap puts it a hair's breadth behind you. You feel a thick, wet material caress the back of your head, revolting you to your core. You take two large strides before you pull off your own huge leap down to the buildings below. You jump from rooftop to rooftop as you hear the monster slam into the building behind you.

"YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER!" I can try you think to yourself as you prepare to leap to another building. Unfortunately a tendril of red leashes to your leg and slams you into the rooftop mid-jump.

"COME TO PAPA!" The monster reels you in, and you scramble and try your hardest to fight against it, that is until you have an idea. You stop struggling and let the creature pull you towards it. A few feet away from it, the creature tugs and pulls so hard you're launched into the air. You can't help but smile. "I HAVE YOU NOW SON!" He pulls again, and you're quickly dragged through the air towards it, just like you wanted. You use your newfound momentum to add power to the kick you deliver to the face of the monster.

It crumples to the floor, and the tentacle recedes. You don't waste any time and quickly take off again before it can regain its bearings. You leap from the building and to the street level. Thankfully it's a mostly abandoned one, and no one sees your superhuman feat again. You start running again soon regaining the same speed you had.

(1/?)
>>
"Tired... Hungry..." The voice in your head whispers again, and you feel yourself slowing down much to your panic. Your superhuman sprint returns to your normal one, and you can hear your own heart beat. Before it was like your body was on some guided autopilot, now the complete control you have is almost a hindrance to you. You nearly stumble over your own legs, and you quickly catch yourself. You spot an abandoned store, and you quickly hide inside behind a counter.

You count the seconds as you sit there, heart slamming against your ribs. The ground shakes.

"I KNOW YOU CAME THROUGH HERE SON. I'LL FIND YOU AND WE CAN HAVE A CIVIL DISCUSSION. IT'S OKAY. I'M NOT MAD. I USED TO RUN FROM HOME ALL THE TIME." You start breathing faster and clamp a hand over your mouth. "WHERE ARE YOU SON? I'M SORRY IF I SCARED YOU. PLEASE COME BACK TO DADDY." You hear something slam into a building across the street. "KEEP HIDING! I'LL FIND YOU! I KNOW THAT SMELL! THAT POISON! THAT TOXIN! I WILL END YOU!" The ground shakes again, and you wait a long while before checking over the counter and confirming your suspicions.

It's gone. You breathe in relief. You walk out the store to see a car lodged into the front of a building. The sight of which puts a pep in your step. Thankfully you're only four blocks away from the orphanage. Who'd knew that there'd be a day where you were thankful to see the building. You calmly walk inside, and the security guard completely ignores your presence for a basketball game on the T.V screen. You climb the stairs and go straight to the cramped bedroom they assigned you. Bedroom is too generous of a term. It's more of a closet with a bunk bed inside of it. Nonetheless, it's a welcome sight, and you immediately fall into it, sleep's gentle embrace wrapping you.

(2/?)
>>
That night you dreamed. You don't like dreaming. You honestly prefer nightmares; they're less cruel. You dreamed of waking in a house to a family who cared about you. A mother and father. The mother showers you with love and affection, the father a stern respect. You're happy in the dream, much more than you're used to. But it's not bad, not bad at all. Then something changes. Your mother's left eye shines with an eerily yellow light, your father's skin bleeds profusely. They stare straight at you.

You wake up the next morning absolutely drenched in sweat. Your stomach churns and you lean over the edge of the bed and vomit. A loud banging is heard on the door.

"ELI! WAKE UP DAMNIT! THERE IS SOMEONE HERE TO SEE YOU! GET THE HELL UP." You're head pounds in rhythm with the knocking. You move in a haze of confusion and pain.

"I'm coming!" You shed your jacket realizing you didn't even take it off last night, one side surprisingly heavy as you hang it behind the door. You take a dirty sheet out the hamper and throw it over your vomit. You then open the door to see the woman in charge of the orphanage. Friencine. An absolute fucking bitch. You've hated her since the day you met her. A feeling that is no doubt reciprocated in full.

"Go down the stairs already! The hell are you waiting for!" She pulls you out of your closet and pushes you down the hall. It's clearly very early in the morning as none of the other kids and teens are up roaming around. "I don't know why anyone would want to meet your deadbeat ass." Your head continues to pound as you walk down the stairs her incessant bitching no doubt aiding it. When you reach the bottom of the stairs and enter the lobby, you see a very tall and large man waiting for you. Underneath his trenchcoat and suit you can see he has the body of a weightlifter, his hair is styled into a neat and short blonde flat top; his face is chiseled and at the same time carries wrinkles, that combined with his weary looking eyes make you think he is at least fifty. If it wasn't for his tired look you'd think he was a movie star.

"Hello, Eli? My name is Eddie, Eddie Brock." He extends his hand to you and you shake it. "I'd like to adopt you." He says with a smile. Life returning to his face.

(3/3)
>>
>>447638
Also pic related is the picture i forgot to attach to the post. Not the best but the best I could find

Annnnnddddd

Thats all she wrote. Symbiote quest was the result of me asking what people on Akun wanted me to write and if they'd like it enough I would turn it into a full quest. I extend the same thought here let me know how you feel about it. I know the start was slow I wanted to take things slower but I forgot I don't really have a following on this site to my knowledge and its a pretty slow board.

I'll stick around for a while if you have any comments or questions.

>Twitter
https://twitter.com/Caribbean_Anon

>Tumblr for questions and shit
http://maleficarqm.tumblr.com/

>Main Quest - Exalted Age (Dragon Age Quest)
http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-age/4P7nzMogBzBPFjd4R/home

>Secondary Quest - In Brightest Day (Green Lantern Quest)
http://anonkun.com/stories/in-brightest-day/8PSRMMjBXfZgguGcM/home
>>
>>447650
Thank you for running.
>>
>>447650
I like it so far
Hope to see more
>>
>>447650
Also, I like it and hope for more if you're willing.
>>
>>447650

Wouldn't mind seeing more.

This was not at all bad for a first thread.
>>
File: 1467330107292.png (360KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467330107292.png
360KB, 500x500px
>>447658
>>447663
>>447665
>>447669
Thanks for reading and/or participating niggas. Looks like I might have to slip a third quest into my schedule at some point
>>
>>447674
Well, it be here or at Anonkun?
>>
>>447675
I... Honestly, don't know. The reception here is warm enough that I could do it here but at the same time the way the board moves it would feel weird for me to just have this sitting here for 3 or 4 days. I'll need to sleep on it. But the story will be up on Akun tomorrow for the people who either didn't know or missed out. I'll just go live and copy/paste it while editing it to make it flow better
>>
>Schedule.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10929223

>Where to put Symbiote

strawpoll.me/10929230
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.