[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rise of the Dead, Episode 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: l3YgQ.jpg (117KB, 1944x1296px) Image search: [Google]
l3YgQ.jpg
117KB, 1944x1296px
Rise of the Dead, Episode 2

Previous Thread: >>8588

Character Sheet: http://i.imgur.com/IShA8Q3.png

Welcome to episode 2 of Rise of the Dead, a zombie apocalypse quest that follows the exploits of Carter Briggs, a police officer in Detroit who has just started to combat the rise of the undead.
>>
Here is the story so far, in PDF form, so you can catch up if you are behind.
>>
Carter awakens to the sound of the phone ringing. He has been asleep for just a few hours. He thrashes about, throwing off the covers, and rolling off the couch. He grabs at his phone and flips it open. It's Nicole.

"Hello?"

"It's Nicole."

"I know. What's up?"

"Look, I don't know if you know yet... did you just wake up?"

"Yeah kinda. Why?"

"Maybe it's better if we explain down here."

"Where?"

"At the hospital."

"What? What happened? Are you okay?"

"I am. But... look, that thing that happened to you last night?"

"Yeah. Oh God, Nicole, I'm sorry... I was tired, I didn't have time to fill you in."

"It's fine. I ... I mean, I understand. Look, you might want to come down here. One of your friends... one of the other officers who responded."

"The one who got bitten. Is he okay?"

A pause.

"He's dead."
>>
What do you do? Where do you go? What do you take?
>>
>>44489
Punch the wall in anger

Go to McDonalds to get some food and whiskey

Bring my wallet, keys phone and go to hospital after getting a baggie
>>
>>44585
>>44489
Second.
Have we a personal gat?
>>
>>44489
this sounds like a plan: >>44585
also, i'm glad to see that this quest is back
>>
>>44363
Aw yiss. Ready for more zombie quest!
>>
>>46525

Carter has his own personal handgun, yes. A Smith and Wesson M&P 9 shield, chambered in 9mm, holds 7+1 rounds.
>>
Carter feels his heart sink. He can't even remember the other officer's name. He was fairly new, he knew that much. Maybe that was his excuse.

Suddenly, he hears screaming. He holds the phone away from his ear for a second. No, it's definitely on Nicole's end.

"What is that?"

"I don't know. I've got to go."

"No! Nicole, don't hang up!"

The phone clicks. Carter throws it down, and punches the wall in frustration. What the hell is happening?

wat do? sorry about mcdonalds, but they don't sell whiskey anyway
>>
>>50736
fuck food, let's grab our trusty pistol and speed to the hospital
>>
>>50736
We should definitely go to the hospital and make sure she's okay.
>>
>>50841
>>50844

Carter's stomach growls. He hasn't eaten since dinner the previous night. Being one of the few cops without a penchant for donuts, has its downsides.

He hurries his shoes back onto his feet, barely tying them. He dashes for the door, but stops himself. His gun. He needs it. Something tells him he will need it.

He runs to the bedroom and digs it out of the nightstand drawer. He slides in a magazine, then holsters it under his coat.

Outside, a cold autumn day greets him. Winter is well on its way, but it has a few months. But even the brisk scent of the air cannot cool his nerves. He gets into his car, starts the engine, and backs out.

He can break the speed limit in his cruiser, but legally, when not on duty, he is as subject to its restraints as anyone else. But today, Carter doesn't care. He pushes 50 on the main roads, passing aggressively. One advantage of being a cop; he thinks like a cop, and knows all their hiding spots. He makes it to the hospital parking lot without even the risk of a ticket.

When he arrives, two police cars are parked outside, their red-and-blue flashing melding into purple. Suddenly Carter can hear his heartbeat in his ears. He parks diagonally, and springs from the car, sprinting inside.

Two cops try to hold him up, but he thrusts his badge into their faces.

"What's going on?" says Carter breathlessly.

"We're not sure."

"Where's Nicole?"

"Who?"

"My... my girlfriend. Where is she? She's one of the nurses here. Nicole!" he shouts, "Nicole, where are you!?"

"Carter?"

He sees her across the lobby. He runs to her and wraps her in a hug.

"What the fuck happened? Don't ever hang up like that again."

"I ... I'm sorry."

"What happened?"

She looks apprehensive, as if scared to speak.

"The guy ... the guy who died. He came back."

"What do you mean?"

"He flatlined for a good fifteen minutes. While we were cleaning up things, I guess he came back, grabbed one of the other nurses. Jennifer. He bit her on the arm, then bit another nurse that tried to restrain him. We tried to sedate him, but nothing worked."

"Did he bite you? Nicole, are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Where is he now?"

"I started whacking him with one of the IV stands, but nothing worked. I swear I heard his ribs crack, but he didn't care. He just came right at me, like it was nothing. I ran, screamed for help. One of the security guards shot him, probably a dozen times before he went down."

"Jesus fucking Christ," says Carter.

"I'm okay," says Nicole, "I mean... not now, but I will be."

He embraces her again, looking over her head at the clusters of people. A thought occurs to him.

"Where's the nurse. The one who got bit."

"Jennifer? The paramedics are checking her out outside. Why?"

Carter just stares ahead. This can't be. Can it?

"Carter, why?"

What do you do?
>>
>>50928
fucking drug amplified rabies?
but yeah, if the guy who got bitten ended up dying and going berserk, these two have to be put in quarantine

i'm sure we'll have to convince the paramedics of that
>>
>>50928
Let's go home but stop by a Walmart, a survival/surplus, and to get more bullets
>>
>>50928
We should investigate the nurse that got bit. See how she's feeling. Then go buy survival stuff and rations.
>>
Carter pushes through the crowd, toward the ambulances outside. He finds a woman sitting on a collapsible gurney, a needle in her arm. Her arm is missing a chunk as if scooped away by a spoon. She looks to be about thirty. A paramedic is wrapping her arm in bandages.

"Jennifer?"

"That's me," she says feebly, "What?"

"I'm a police officer. Listen, I've been investigating these... occurrences."

"What occurrences?"

"People ... people biting each other. Attacking each other."

"Okay."

"Listen, what happened? I need as detailed an account as possible, okay?"

The paramedic looks annoyed.

"Can't this wait, officer?"

"I'm afraid not."

"It's fine," says Jennifer, "Look, I was doing the standard post-mortem procedure, okay? He flatlined but obviously he wasn't dead. There's medical precedent for that, you know. In fact -- "

Suddenly, she stops talking, staring straight ahead. Then she slumps onto her side, and the paramedic grabs at her to keep her from falling onto the ground. Carter helps support her, and lay her onto her back.

"What the hell! I need some epinepherine over here, stat!" he shouts. He turns an angry glare on Carter, "I told you not to ask her questions. You probably just stressed her into a heart attack."

"I didn't stress her into anything," said Carter.

Another medic rushes over with the epi pen. The paramedic uncaps it and stabs it into Jennifer's chest, near her heart. Nothing happens.

Furiously, the paramedic begins thumping on her chest, but to no avail. She does not move.

"Fuck!" he shouts, "Damn it! Someone... someone.... get a time of death...shit."

Carter just stares.

"What the fuck did you do?" the paramedic shouts, "You had to come in here and start asking her these dumb-ass questions. She was fine until you started pissing her off!"

Carter absorbs the tirade, unmoving, unyielding. He simply stares at Jennifer's limp body. Suddenly, her wrist twitches, and her eyes open.

wat do? and don't worry, I am keeping previous suggestions in mind. I'm still gonna try to work in Somalia
>>
>>56581
time to be a hero...
chokehold her, order the paramedics to get STRONG restrains, especially something to prevent biting
>>
>>56581
Take a few steps back and observe in disbelief.
>>
>>56620
this
>>
>>56581
Point at the twitching with an eloquent
"The fuck is going on!?"
>>
Nod in nurse Jennifer's direction, "She's moving, not dead. Where did you learn your stuff anyway...". You step away to let them work. Go back to your girlfriend, make her take a break with at a nearby fast-food joint.
>>
>>56581
"Oh,fuck" run bitch run
>>
"I don't think she's dead," says Carter, pointing.

"What?"

"She's not dead! Look!"

The paramedic turns around. Jennifer has sat up now, her eyes yellow and bloodshot.

"What the fuck?" says the paramedic.

"Where did you learn medicine anyways?"

The paradmedic glares at Carter, before Jennifer lurches forward and grabs him by the shoulders.

what do you do? also sorry for being an unreliable QM
>>
>>69050
grab something (drape, cloth...) to put on her head and hold it back in place

that should prevent her from biting

how do you pick the winning choice already?
also, i think the thread is getting too old for this
>>
>>69050
grab something and place it in her mouth, try to avoid any fluids that escape her.
>>
>>69050
Why do anything? These guys clearly have the situation handled. It's alright. Though you should consider getting a twitter.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.