[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The tale of John Jacobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Crimsonskullcultist.png (806KB, 568x722px) Image search: [Google]
Crimsonskullcultist.png
806KB, 568x722px
You are John Jacobs, pilot for hire. Your plane is destroyed and you are staying with John Johnson, a farmer, with your copilot, Nyoco. You currently stand in Johnson's living room, armed with a wrench. Johnson is there too, with his shot gun. A trio of vile looking fellows (pic related) have broken in through the door.

What is our hero to do?
>>
Throw chairs in their way and otherwise impede their progress while Johnson puts that shotgun to use. Don't wanna get in melee with some guy crazy enough to bring an axe to a gun fight.
>>
>>435200
You throw some chairs down, and Johnson fires his gun, the cultist, stumbles for a moment, and charges Johnson. Johnson knocks the cultist on their back, and throws you the gun
Johnson:
>Damn, I thought I was done with this shit, keep them busy will ya, I need to get something.
>>
An unloaded shotgun and a wrench, vs guys who shrug off shotgun blasts?

Let's get out of here!
>>
>>435245
This
>>
>>435245
>>435258
All right, you run like hell. Nyoco runs past and puts those swords, and those legs to good use. 2 cultists down, Johnson comes back with a mace and a rifle, and opts to smash the last ones skull in. He tosses the rifle over to you. It seems similar to a mosin nagant, except ridiculously ornamental.
Johnson:
You will find that a bit more effective
Nyoco:
Is that really-
Johnson:
Yes it is. Now rally, it looks like more are coming.
>>
>>435348
Follow railroad. Write your fight scene. Pew pew.
>>
>>435360
Wow, really didn't mean it that way.

Ok, so, I guess the other few cultists are dead, the last one says "Ripper sends his regards, paladin" and Johnson decides to join you in full plate mail. The Mosin is a the only successfully enchanted gun in the world. Which basically means it works on daemons and magically difficult to murder people. Kinda hard to get anywhere but Paris from here, so I guess you decide what to do next in paris? Do you nope out?
>>
>>435392
I mean, I guess you needed to make a plot, but it's just that he said "hold them off", which implied he is not a badass who can take them all out himself.

But we went "Ah, nope. Let's get out of here." And, even more, you finally got a player other than me, who said that.

Then you went, ~Huh, that breaks the plot. Damage control!~ " So I guess Nyoco and Johnson can handle it completely without you, before you can run more than like, half a corridor and break the plot. Now, here, have a magical plot device to power up the character you thought you were gonna get to play so you're relevant to the plot I'm intending!"

So, yes. We needed a plot. But it would have been a lot nicer if you had been up front honest that this was going to be the plot, instead of forcing yourself to fumble like that to get us back on it.

TL/DR: It was a bad call, but it was one you forced yourself to make because other options were worse.
>>
>>435392
"So, um, have you ever thought of noping out? Cause, seems like these aren't the nicest neighbors. Also, what did I just step into?"
>>
>>435442
I'm not even gonna try to defend myself.
>>435450
Johnson:
>These were sent, I thought they were all dead, but I guess I wasn't as thorough as I thought. Ripper I know for a fact was dead, I watched him burn. None of them could have gotten word back to their leader, so you're probably safe, but if you stay, well, you'll have to relearn what you know about how the world works.

A bit of world building here, during the cold war, mankind discovered that a sufficiently Powerful nuke would be absorbed into the opening of a rift in spacetime, these led to other worlds, one let the beast-kin into this world. others let in monsters, or other non-humans. Still others opened to world's that explored whole new branches of technology. Johnson is suggesting that magic was also let in. Which is clearly insane, right?
>>
>>435547
No, why on earth would it be insane? We've literally just seen magic happen. These guys would have had to have been pulling a godly con for this to have been faked.

"Uh, magic works, so why couldn't Ripper come back to life? Or even, seeing spacetime is mutable, he's skyping his followers from hell."
>>
>>435916
Johnson:
>Without a body such a spell would take a lot of power, it would be impossible to keep that under-
Nyoco:
Except they haven't kept it secret, there have been mutilations in Paris.
And with that our fox shows you a newspaper, pointing to an article, "Murders continue in Paris: 16 in total"
>>
>>435970
Listen to them talk a bit. They seem to be figuring things out pretty well.
>>
>>436021
Johnson:
>That... would give them the power they need.
Nyoco:
>When you look at what they've been doing it's enough after eleven, maybe twelve. Whatever they're planning next can't be good.
She pulls out a bit of paper and a bag.
Johnson:
>Take that outside please.
>>
>>436133
Follow Nyoco.
>>
>>436235
She is rolling up a cigarette, but that doesn't look like tobacco.
Nyoco:
>You want some?
>>
>>436293
"If you're offering."
>>
>>436311
She gives you the one she was rolling and lights it for you (match, not magic jeez). It calms you down a bit and wow your hands are smooth!
>>
>>436341
I'm up for any suggestions y'all!
>>
>>437358
I'm honestly not sure what to do or so. I'll post as soon as I think of anything.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.