[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

European Daytime Quest/Civ - Third edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

File: Civ thread redone 1.2 - Copy.jpg (2MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
Civ thread redone 1.2 - Copy.jpg
2MB, 2300x6400px
I'm back, I don't believe I said I'd post the next day (or the day after). But here I am, and it's time for another day, another session (I know... I started a little late today)

>>419664
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/419664/
>Elves on Islands previous session
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/392852/
>Lizardfolk in Forested previous session

You have three options

>A) Start a new Civ
>B) Continue with Elves
>C) Continue with Lizardfolk

First to 3 wins, if this takes longer than an hour, I'll reduce it to 2. If I am at that point in a tie, please reconsider your previous vote. Let's have a nice session!
>>
>>430694

Hey :) For clarity, I'm his girlfriend, we live together so we have the same ID, I'm another person, just wanting to participate :)
I'll post it as like "This is the thing I would like the most, this comes after that, and this I would n't like that much"

>A) Start a new Civ
>C) Continue with Lizardfolk
>B) Continue with Elves
>>
>>430696
(So for clarity, my "vote" is: >A) Start a new Civ )
>>
>>430694
>Start a new civ
>>
>>430694
Fucking ELVES
>>
Kobolds in volcano could be fun, our chieftain wanders across a giant egg in the mouth of the volcano. We feel driven to worship it.
>>
>>430719
Aside from the obvious question of "Do you want to continue with the previous elves, or start a new civ with elves"... The cursing is unnecessary :)
>>
Ehm, catfolk or beastman isn't on the list, but I was wondering if catfolk could be an option :) (in case we are starting a new campaign)
>>
>>430729
>>430738
I wouldn't mind either way. But you'd all have to come to an agreement after it's decided.
>>
Right, unless another one or two votes come in in the next 5 minutes, we'll have "Start a new Civ" set.
What civ do we what to start, and most importantly, where?

Same as before, but since I don't want to wait any longer
>First race to 2 wins
>First location/word type wins

>Race
Catfolk/bestfolk has 1 vote
Kobolds has 1 vote
>Location
Volcano has 1 vote
>>
>>430766
So for clarity
>Race
Catfolk
>Location
Forested
>>
>>430766
Voting for volcano...
And perhaps volcanic rock golems?
>>
>>430772
I -could- go with rock golems, but what kind of rock golems would you be thinking of? I purposefully removed all 'hive structure' races from the list. So if you were thinking "Crystalids but fluffed as rock golems" I'm going to have to dissapoint you.
Anycase

>Volcano locked

>Race
1 Rock Golems
1 Catfolk
1 Kobolds
>>
>>430779
Ok, my vote would have been for elves, but barring that, I can't resist cute. Catfolk.
>>
>>430779
I was actually thinking they should be called "rockborn" or something, rather than golems, which are quite a different thing.

They'd be big stone vaguely human-shaped people (?) made of boulders of volcanic rock.

I'm definitely up for catgirl catfolk as well, though. Everyone knows that cats like warmth.
>>
>>430790
I have been wanting to do a Dwarf/Rock hybrid civ, where the Dwarves imbue the elders or heros too valuable to let die into golem bodies. A goal for many of the normal dwarves would be to do something so heroic or skilled that they would be deemed of such value to the clan to be given a body formed of the mountain.

That said, my vote is still for catfolk, I just wouldn't be super disappointed if we went Rock Golems.
>>
>>430779
Do you mean literally a "volcano" location, like in/on a volcano?
Or an area near a volcano?
>>
>>430803
Well, I imagine if we can't stand the heat, such as if we roll catfolk, it'll be a sort of "Hawaiian islanders" near the volcano, farming the fertile ash and stuff.

Or maybe we'll have awesome fire powers and be able to curl up in a lava bed, never know.
>>
>>430808
yeah thought so as well, but like..
a volcano is a location xD So I wasn't quite getting it.
>>
>>430803
Maybe on the volcano's slopes?
>>
Hang on a second, catfolk with a big fire association...

Are we gonna be playing the Charr?
>>
>>430819
That would be pretty sick
>>
File: volcanocat.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
volcanocat.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
Just thought this was funny xD
>>
Right, catfolk locked. Since I don't know exactly how "Volcano" as a singular location would work, I'll just be going with "Volcanic world", and I'll be mapping now. I see a volcanic world as a very mountainous and hot world, with little water and vegetation, and many creatures burrying or seeking cover in caves, or abandoned cave systems.

Do we start as

>A) A migrating Tribe
+ Start with a large-area map
- Needs to move to gain sufficient resources
>B) A still location Tribe
+- Have a smaller area map
+- Have some resources, but have limited space
>>
>>430840

I assume that we can send scouts around a larger area, though?
>>
>>430850
Obviously.
>>
>>430840
Would we need to also debate "What kind of catfolk are we?" and distribute stat points around, ala the OP picture, or was that just mostly meant as a gallery of races ignoring the stats?

A. Migrating tribe. Moving from fertile ash bed to fertile ash bed, following the supply of water and fleeing areas too active.
>>
>>430840
>>
>>430840
>Still location
>>430853
Clarification would be cool here, are we shitty little girls with cat tails? Cute? Or jacked gnoll types?
>>
File: charr-plush-large.jpg (75KB, 630x396px) Image search: [Google]
charr-plush-large.jpg
75KB, 630x396px
For a Charr type catfolk, I was thinking of a statfolk distribution like this. Because we can still be cute and cuddly, even if we're jacked tiger types. I mean, more kitty means more to hug! I totally would have married Tybalt in GW2 if it was an option. Look at the cute little Charr.

Breeding: 4
Melee: 6
Ranged: 4
Magic: 6/10
Technology: 4/10
Diplomacy: 6/10
>>
File: SuperLocal 01.jpg (32KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SuperLocal 01.jpg
32KB, 1000x1000px
2 Votes for a still location.

Your tribe of catfolk has managed to survive in the mountainous and volcanic region for centuries, and while your recently deceased greatfather remembered the tribe roaming the lands, he had found this cave where vegetation grows. As your father, the previous leader of the tribe fell during the escape from the anger of one of the great mouths of fire, your greatfather took over as a temporary leader, and urged the tribe to head towards this cave to settle. This cave has seemingly escaped the anger of the great mouths of fire for many, many years. And while its plants were bountiful whe you arrived, as of now they are slowly running dry. These caves run deeper than the light falls, but none have ventured that far.

You are [Insert Name], now leader of this tribe, and by will of your greatfather, you shall make your tribe great. And your first step is to change your legacy, this cave, into a place where your decendants can live happily.

>What is our great leader's name.

>>430865
A bit inbetween. I was thinking full on fur (so ~50% furry), but partially lithe, and partially ripped. Agility and Endurance. But not Strenght.
>>430853
I am mostly using it as gallery of races. And while I might base some things off of it, that's mainly up to me, using logic more than something else.
>>
File: catfolk example 1.jpg (20KB, 236x431px) Image search: [Google]
catfolk example 1.jpg
20KB, 236x431px
>>430865
Yeah clarification is a good thing.

The "Shitty little girls with cat tails" make me think of like a very oversexed folk, or something, IDK.
I was just thinking of *see picture* or something.
>>
>>430872
Lol, have you seen the Charr in GW2? Those have tech easily above their magic.
>>
File: catfolk example 2.jpg (396KB, 800x868px) Image search: [Google]
catfolk example 2.jpg
396KB, 800x868px
>>430877
or something like *see this picture*
>>
>>430877
>>430885
Oh that's awesome then. I was worried the civ would take a creepy af turn if we were playing cat girls.

Leader a guy or girl? Thinking Zakhir for a guy
>>
>>430875
Maybe we could not be as nearly inbred as humanity because of close call with extinction, and have multiple tribes of catfolk, each with different breeds.

So, there's the tiger-blooded big melee shock warriors ala-Charr.

>>430877
There's the 50/50 Lynx type, with agility and endurance, like LDV's example, that forms the bulk of the civilization.

And then there's those wacky catgirls for those few. :P

If that's just too much to handle, maybe it could be something we find later, other catfolk tribes with varying breeds and bodytypes.

>>430879
Yeah, but Charr in GW2 have EVERYTHING. I was going with GW1 Charr for having at least having something to have at low.

>>430875
But, now to what you actually asked. We're an early culture, so probably single name, maybe with a title.

Zerinan?
Red Fang?
Surestride?
Waeln?

Just throwing things out there.
>>
>>430892
You are Zakir, leader of the great tribe of Catfolk. You hope to see the young ones grow their fur happily, while the elderly may die watching their young thrive. You know that inside your cave system is still an area unexplored, and that below the location of your cavern is a natural lake.

>Population: 111 Catfolk (42M/53F|6b/8g)
>Named Population: 1 (Zakhir)
>Hunger: Sated (8/10)
>Morale: Waning (5/10)
>Housing: A little tight (Cave: 100comfortably 250max)

>Constructions
Natural farm (50u food/10 days)
>Resources
Food: ~15 days’ worth (1550u)
Tools:
Relics:
>Tech
Fire, Keeping plants alive
>Magic

>A) Explore (I'll show parts of the larger area map. It's insignificant though)
>B) Attempt Research (Insert)
>C) Scavenge local area
>D) Overharvest farm (Collect food instantly, but damage it)
>E) Write in

Let's see how this goes.
>>
>>430875
continue the fucking elves on the island, god dammit. or at least don't discontinue them forever, man.
>>
>>430915
A. Explore. if our people are a little tight, maybe we can find some more areas for them spread out, maybe area for another farm.

Also, if we're in a cave system, how do we get enough fuel for fires? I really hope we don't live in a coal mine.
>>
>>430917
Patience is a virtue.
>>
>>430915
50 food every 10 days, and we consume about 100 everyday? Daymm we need to improve that farm.

Well we found vegetation in this cave, we might find some more deeper in.
>explore
>>
>>430922
I was about to say the same
>>430917
I'll be on a vacation next week (thu-mon), so I don't know if I'll do another session before I leave. After I return I won't start a new civ, but only give the option to continue one of the three previous civs. But for now, please just play along. There's no need to spoil anyone's fun here... Nor is there any need to curse.
>>
>>430920
Speaking of fire. It's not that you -have- fire. It's that you know how to make fire, and how to maintain it if needed. Also, you've seen lots of fire during your life, and your ancestors claimed they know how to harvest fire from the anger of the great mouths of fire.
>>430928
That's 2 for explore? Should I write up, or wait with it till after dinner?
>>
>>430946
>Nor is there any need to curse.
the elves kinda were characters that would curse and bitch all the time

i'm for exploring then, too.
>>
>>430946
If two people vote for the same thing, you're probably not going to get three people vote for something else in any reasonable timeframe on a new thread without a built up following.
>>
File: Area shown.jpg (6KB, 197x177px) Image search: [Google]
Area shown.jpg
6KB, 197x177px
>>430956
Apoligies, dinner was ready, and apparently I was hungry.

The knowledge of the surrounding locations had been lost with the death of your greatfather. And because of that you feel the need to refresh your knowledge of the surrounding lands. You already know that it's a wasteland, but you hope to find something.

A day passes and your scouts return from the outside, revealing a little information of the outside world. The nearest edge of the mountain you live in is to the northwest and you assume that it holds a mouth of fire somewhere. And down below, the opposite side, you find your storage of water. It is rather shallow, but nearly all of the local water leads there, as it is in a lower elevation than the rest. Your scouts also say they explored from the higher lands, looking out over the water, and a few more things.

Most of the lands is barren, or covered with layers upon layers of ash. Nothing of interest or particularly new has been found.
>>
File: Local Cave Map.jpg (14KB, 358x402px) Image search: [Google]
Local Cave Map.jpg
14KB, 358x402px
>>431045
Also, here is the cave map.

>Named Population: 1
>Housing: Sufficient (Cave: 100H 250max)

>Constructions
Natural farm (50 food/10 days
>Resources
Food: ~14 days’ worth (1146u)
Tools:
Other:
Relics:
>Tech
>Magic

>A) Explore (Cave/Outside, insert direction if you want)
>C) Scavenge local area
>E) Write in
>>
>>431045
i thought you were going to explore the cave. do that next, please.
>>
>>430952
Ehm.. first of all. Slow down?
Second that you would like to play the Elves, doesn't mean you should curse as well. It isn't like we instantly do as you say if you curse enough.
>>
>>431052
>>431057
This, maybe we should research torches first if we don't have them already.
>>
>>431060
alright, alright, your husband has already told me off, i'll try to behave
>>
>>431057
>>431065
No way to explore deeper without fire. We have nothing that can serve as a torch, and the only flamable substance you have right now is your own fur, or your own food (the farm). Neither is a very good prospect...
>>
>>431065
Ehm, he literally said " I'll show parts of the larger area map. It's insignificant though "
which implies that he doesn't mean specifically explore the cave.. but whatever
>>
>>431071
Not my husband. Boyfriend.
>>
>>431052
>>C) Scavenge local area
Like looking for something to burn instead of our fur/food.
>>
>>431081
>nothing of interes is outside
is there any deadwood? can we make something useful of the plants in the cave? (i mean for making fire) what kind fruit does the natural farm produce?
>>
>>431074
Okay, does the soil in our farm contain much ash? If not we could try using some of the ash from the wasteland as fertiliser. Or move it closer to our water source for better irrigation.

Other than that I'd suggest exploring further, we need to find something flammable we can use. If not for exploring the cave then at least for warmth, cooking and smithing in the future.
>>
>>430946
>your ancestors claimed they know how to harvest fire from the anger of the great mouths of fire
can we do some research on that?
>>
>>431099
The scouts report that there may have been some deadwood. Though they wouldn't know as it would be covered by layers of ash.
>>431104
The farm grows mainly in the walls of the cave that it grows from. Your kind hasn't studied the plants exactly, but you know that every so often an edible tearshaped growth drops from the vines. It seems to grow badly in light, as these growths start to wither (though not rot) when exposed to sunlight after they have fallen.
>>
>>431142
are you two at it again?
benis in bagina
>>
>>431340
Dude, good try at behaving, really, very mature.
Try to live an actual life, just like us :D
>>
>>431351
i'm a little drunk and gm seemed absent.
>>
>>431363
Yeah he is, he's hanging the freshly washed clothes and doing some other things in the house.
>>
>>431388
tell him to get his ass back to writing, anon's mad, armed and dangerous
>>
>>431363
I'm not absent. I only have one vote, which is for C. And I'd like at least a second vote.

Exploring the cave isn't really an option at the moment, just listed because it should be. And unless you want to burn your fur or break down the farm just to explore a little deeper... You'd have to tell me what you want to set aflame so you can explore.

And regarding the harvesting of fire, you could research it.
>>
>>431439
And I'm annoyed, angry, and just slightly more interested in my real life, then listening to orders from a stranger who isn't really behaving like someone I should listen to.
>>
>>431446
>And regarding the harvesting of fire, you could research it.
i'm still for that, but you wouldn't need the whole clan for that. so, how about that and C?

>>431455
only slightly?
>>
Eh, I'm not seeing any interesting results occur as results of the votes at this stage, so I'm not terribly interested in voting.
>>
>>431495
then why don't you use the E: write in?
>>
Because I don't have any ideas at the moment for something super awesome.

I can't see any good options other than "try to find more food for the next fourteen turns", how on earth did we grow to this population with this abysmally harsh of a food deficit?
>>
>>431553
should the we move somewhere else maybe?
>>
>>431571
The entire planet's like this apparently. Maybe the poles are safe, but we aren't gonna find some place in 14 days, there's no way to get agriculture meaningfully started to x9 our food production in 14 days, and we can't explore the caves for deus ex machina without burning our food, I believe it was said.

So, pray for the ability to make candlelight with costless fire magic so that we can explore and hope for deus ex machina?
>>
>>431473
Fine then, C it is.

With the news of the surrounding area, and the knowledge that whatever may be burried under ash, you send your people out to gather and scavenge the area, mainly looking for wood or combustables. But food and even particularly sharp stones are welcome. You personally however, decide to consult the elders about the harvesting of fire your greatfather once spoke of, and hopefully find a way to reproduce it.

The elders which you've kept near say that your greatfather spoke of it happily in their younger days "When the tribe was still young" he would say. They also tell you that they don't really have certain information regarding it, and that the only thing they remember was that your greatfather spoke of "Meeting the mouth of fire", as a way to find out.

The only thing you feel you learned about this is that your greatfather wasn't the most clear person about things like this, and that you may perhaps gain enlightenment when "meeting a mouth of fire", whatever that might be.

>A) You decide to head to where you think the mouth of fire is immediately (possibly taking people along with you), in the hopes to gain enlightenment.
>B) You decide to wait until your people find a mouth of fire, then take the tribe there to gain enlightenment.
>C) You decide that now is not the time to search for enlightenment, your tribe has more pressing matters at paw.
>D) You decide that "The mouth of fire" is a metafor for fear, and that you should conquer your fear by entering the dark end of the passage on your own.
>E) Write in
>>
>>431589
Or I suppose we could pull a "50 population max capacity" movement and throw 70 some people out to die.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>431593
>>
>>431593
A. taking riddles literally solves them half of the time
>>
>>431593
A
>>
>>431594
wait, i just reread our resources. we need more that 100 units of food a day and we get 5. right?
we should learn to eat lava in the next 10 rounds
>>
>>431593
>A) You decide to head to where you think the mouth of fire is immediately (possibly taking people along with you), in the hopes to gain enlightenment.
>>
>>431680
We need slightly less than 100, but yes. There's really no way that we're going to survive as a people unless we like, discover a plentiful herd animal or giant forage rich environment within a month. Just realized even killing 2/3rds of our people wouldn't put us back in the green.
>>
File: Area shown.jpg (7KB, 216x194px) Image search: [Google]
Area shown.jpg
7KB, 216x194px
>>431624
>>431627

You decide to head to where you think the nearest mouth of fire is, past the cave entrance and up the mountain. You go beyond where the scouts had gone, you alone go faster than they do anyway, as they need to accurately be able to recount what they saw, and soon you reach the mountaintop. After several minutes of walking on the top of the mountain, you find what seems to be a gaping hole.

As you move closer, you find that this hole in the mountain looks like a mouth, and around it you feel heat on your hairs and even the skin beneath it, you assume this is the mouth of fire. You draw even closer, now you can see the borders on the inside. Inside of the mouth you can see small amounts of smoke, as though a fire is burning inside, though no glow can be seen. Stepping closer you find that the edges are not sharp as you expected them to be, but rather round, giving it the feeling of lips. These contain cracks, not similar to anything found on the ashen area around.

You can now see inside, the smoke which is held inside blurs out what you can see, and immediately as you put your face over the edge a very moist heat almost singes your fur. Looking closely into the mouth of fire, you see water, and from time to time you see a flash of red or yellow, which instantly darkens, causing a sizzling to emerge from it soon after, followed by a small cloud.

You feel as though you've learnt something, but you are unsure as to what

>A) Return to the tribe
>B) Stay here longer

My apoligies for the wait, I had a slight writer's block for this bit.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>431757
>>
>>431757
B
>>
>>431757
B
>>431773
are you rolling for an answer?
>>
>>431785
Yup.
>>
>>431780
>>431785
You decide to stay here longer, letting the sights in front of you guide your thoughts. The occasional burst of steam sometimes pushing the smoke-mist upwards, caused by the occasional flash of red or yellow light underneath what you assume to be water. The emmerging heat singes your fur and almost makes it feel as though it is catching fire.

An hour passes as you look down into the mouth of fire, when suddenly you feel a familiar rumbling underneath your feet, though not quite as heavy as they can be. You feel a mouth of fire becoming angry. Or if it's this one, slightly annoyed. You take care not to lose your footing, and stay near. The flashes of red and yellow become more and more often, and water evaporates even faster, the entire basin slowly warming up until it is almost cooking, the sound only barely reaching your ears up here. Almost sounding like the purring of lovers after an embrace, or a young one when scratched behind it's ear or under it's chin.

Down below you see some moving, as well as in the cracks on the side. You see it is not liquid fire, but in fact creatures that appeared to be stones lying about. The rumbling having caused them to change their usual passive habit. A few even climb out of the mouth of fire, and into the open area above it, outside it's lips.

>A) You hunt these creatures, your tribe is in dire need of food.
>B) You capture these creatures, maybe this is what your greatfather meant
>C) You leave the creatures alone and focus more on the mouth of fire itself, something is sure to happen soon
>D) You leave the area the rumbling represents anger, and an angry mouth of fire only spells danger, for you or your tribe.
>>
>>431846
>B
Even if they aren't useful for fire, we can try and breed them back home - or just kill and eat them in the cave if they do bugger all.
>>
>>431846
A seems like a waste.
but i can't decide between B and C
>>
>>431876
In fact, I'll change to C.

If nothing happens at least we now know where a source of possible food is for the next turn.
>>
>>431898
you're right, C it is. burn all of your wisdom into me, oh giant mouth in the dirt
>>
>>431846
>B
>>
>>431898
>>431914
You leave the creatures alone and continue to focus on the mouth of fire, you expect something to happen sometime soon. You've barely turned around and you begin feeling an updraft, a wind of moist warmth pushing against the hairs on your face more than before. Pushing against it you see the water at the bottom boiling, the steam becoming thicker and thicker as it moves up, pushing the cloud of smoke above with it. You begin hearing the air blowing from below and all around you. You see the smoke coming from the cracks in which some of the creatures were lying before.

You slowly feel a sense of danger welling up as the heat raises. While you desire to look into the mouth of fire more, the sense of danger becomes overwhelming as the smoke begins slowly pouring out of the mouth of fire, accompanied by a warmth uncomparable with before, your feet almost feeling like they are on fire. You decide to take several steps back, and with the heat not becoming any less, you decide to do so again, untill you can feel the heat becoming slighly less, the first of your hairs almost screaming out against the heat. As you look at the mouth of fire, you see the smoke suddenly blasting out, with a cloud of steam following it. Once more you feel as though you've learnt something intangible.

You wait for several minutes for the cloud of steam to pass, but it doesn't seem to be willing to leave, so you decide to capture the creatures anyway. Though, you have very little idea as to where they went. Fifteen minutes and tens of attempts later, you find one creature, it's legs hidden under the rock-like underside as you flip it over. Afterwards it takes a few attempts, but you manage to lift up it's heavy weight, it probably weighing half as much as yourself, perhaps more. And with that you begin to move it down, back to the tribe.

By the time you arrive the sun is setting, and the scavengers have long since arrived. Some with food; creatures which burrowed under the ash, or plants and roots which grew up from the ashes near the lake. A few managed to collect wood, like you requested. But since plants here often live only a short while before being roasted by hot ash, they rarely grow to wood.
+food (I made a miscalculation earlier)
+Some wood

(Stats and options next post)
>>

>Livestock: 1 Rock creature?

>Constructions
Natural farm (50 food/10 days)
>Resources
Food: ~14 days’ worth (1452u) (104/d)
Tools:
Other: 20 hours worth of fire in deadwood (2u)
Relics:
>Tech
>Magic

>C) Scavenge local area
>E) Write in

Cave exploration unlocked. You can explore for 20 hours, each 2 rooms take one hour to explore. You need to have a source of light to explore deeper, or to harvest from inside. Each harvest takes 1 hour for 4 rooms, and not all may be harvestable at the same time.
You can Research the Rock Creature to learn more about it. (as can you research the plant) You can assign yourself, or even a number of other catfolk for several tasks. (Max 3 different tasks per turn, for ease of playing/writing)
Sorry if I missed anything.
>>
>>432011
>Explore 8 rooms
>Research rock creature
>Research plant (farming near the water source)
>>
>>432011
does anyone feel enlighted? zakhir meditates on what he saw. send some cats to map out the cave, 8 rooms is fine. some cats shoul study the animal
>>
>>432011
>>B) Attempt Research (The Rock creature)
>>
Rock creature research is set
8 rooms of exploration is fine, I'll get to it in a bit.

Do we research the cave plant? Do we research the plants near the water source? Do we let Zakhir meditate on what he saw?
>>
>>432060
>Do we research the cave plant? Do we research the plants near the water source? Do we let Zakhir meditate on what he saw

Not yet I guess.
>>
>>432060
If those plants have seeds I'm sure they're durable enough to last another turn, having come from a wasteland and all. So I'll change to Zakir meditating while its fresh in his memory
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>432078
I don't get it very much.I'll just go with the rock creature and the 8 rooms. Sorry

The next day you continue to observe the Rock creature with several tribesmembers, while most of the others join in on the exploration.

Your own day is rather calm, similar to the Rock creature. It seems rather passive, and it's outer 'shell' seem extremely hard, possibly harder than the rock surface, but you are unwilling to compare. It seems to have an innate desire to go to where it is warmer, so during the night it slowly crawled to some sleeping catfolk, giving most of you a rather large scare.

During the day, when everyone was spread out, it wished to head deeper in the cave, and it even accompanied the explorers to the first unexplored cavern, where it stayed put, almost resting. Neither you nor anyone else saw it eat so far, nor express any desire to do so, the pace it moves at also gives no implications that it even uses food. The interesting thing that happened however, was that once the explorers left, it suddenly started to radiate a very dim light. Barely shining half a meter around it.

The explorers explored a first room, which had more of the natural farm plants, which they soon harvested, along with a smal heap which was lying there. And while the next room did not contain any foliage, the one after did, a rather large amount. It also however split into two paths. Right (1) and left (2).
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

The explorers decide to head left, a slightly larger room filled with foliage, once again with a split. Right (1) and left (2), or the other passage in the previous room (3)
>>
File: Local Cave Map.jpg (32KB, 641x469px) Image search: [Google]
Local Cave Map.jpg
32KB, 641x469px
Another room, about the same size as the previous one, but far more full, even a few spots away from the walls have growths, growing up. Two more rooms of aproximately equal size, and foliage similar to the outermost two rooms appear. And finally one more room, smaller but with rather dense foliage.

With that knowledge and the remains of the crops which have dropped, your explorers return, with half the day left.

>Livestock: 1 Glowing rock creature

>Constructions
Natural farm (50 food/10 days) (More unknown)
>Resources
Food: ~21 days’ worth (2252u) (104/d)
Tools:
Other: 16 hours worth of fire in deadwood (2u)
Relics:
>Tech
>Magic

>C) Scavenge local area
>E) Write in
>>
>>432209
>>B) Attempt Research (Farming/plantcare)
>>
>>432209
>try to talk to mouth of fire
>mouth kind of glows
>i didn't understand that
>glows again
>didn't understand that either
>mouth rumbles
>back off
>mouth blows a cloud of steam

seems like zakhir doesn't comprehend and that annoyed it. let's try again. capture a glowing rock creature and sit on it while talking to the mouth. watch the creature and maybe imitate it.

also, lets capture more of the animals
>>
>>432268
We're not meditating on what the mouth of fire said, instead you kept an eye on the rock creature, which turned out to be a 'glow in the dark'-Rock creature.

Is your "Capture more of the animals" your write-in? Cause you'll arrive there by the start of the evening, and you won't know if they will be in or out of the mouth of fire.
>>
>>432286
we weren't meditating?

...well, let's take a look at the creature's insides then. zakhir was able to capture one on his own, so that shouldn't really be a problem.
>>
>>432307
>>432253
I'll need someone to second either one of you.
Anon has attempt to capture more animals, and slaughter the one we have. While LDV has attempt to research farming or plantcare.
>>
>>432335
Farming
>>
>>432413
Right, this will be the last post for today, it'll be 1am by the time I finish this post, if not any later.

With your newfound resources and food reserves, you decide that the best course of action is to begin farming. With the rate at which the plants in the cave give off food it can't be too hard... Right?

You collect your entire tribe in a thinking session, weighing the words of the elderly as wise, but the words of the young as inginuitive and new. The knowledge of the ancients combined with young innovation. First the elderly voice their knowledge and build from there. They tell tales both short and long, about plants grown out from the ashes, which grow flowers or mushroom caps, then sow their seeds and fruits. Sometimes to be found by the tribes, othertimes to be left in the ash to grow anew. All to be eventually ended by the anger of the mouths of fire, or the ash which blots out the light of the sun, which scorches whatever it may touch.

The young then think of innovative ideas, such as burying roots or seeds under ash. Pouring water over it, possibly putting it in warmer location, or showing it sunlight instead of hiding them from it. Time passes and after some time the conversation dies down. You tell your tribe members to try out the ideas, but warn them that the food storage is limited, and their trials have to be measured. You also tell them to select a group which should be informed of their ideas, because they still have their own duties to the tribe, and while those can change, some tribesmembers could grow up to be ones to take care of plants, and maybe even be able to feed the entire tribe. And with that, and your own experiments, the day ends.
-Food for usage in experiments

>Livestock: 1 Glowing rock creature

>Constructions
Natural farm (50 food/10 days) (More unknown)
10 attempted farms (First results in 10 days)
>Resources
Food: ~19 days’ worth (1200u) (104/d)
Tools:
Other: 16 hours worth of fire in deadwood (2u)
Relics:
>Tech - Researching: Basic farming
Fire, Keeping plants alive
>Magic

>C) Scavenge local area
>E) Write in
>>
>>432478
And with this I will end today.
I do -not- know if I'll be able to play/gm tomorrow or the day after, so no promises. Reply if you want to, I'll remember them for after my vacation. I will definitely not post wed-mon.

Sleep well everyone.
>>
>>432478
>E) Write in

You go back to the mouth of fire, to see if there are any more creatures, or some new things to be found.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.