[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forest Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-07-27 18.46.46.png (133KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-27 18.46.46.png
133KB, 500x500px
This is my first time running a story here, so I'm just seeing if there is any intrest for this story, and if I have the ability to continue making stories.
I have very bad drawing skills, so I will put out little pieces of art here and there, nothing to well drawn unfortunately.

To start the quest off, you need to determine your gender, name, and defining features (hair, skin color, eye color.)

If there is something that I can do better while running the thread, I will be glad to collect constructive criticism to better any quests I might run in the future.

When a certain acrivity is being done, a DC of 20 will determine sucsessfull rates for the action. 15 is good, 7 is ok, and 3 is bad.

With that stated, feel free to choose the character and I will start (If that is how these are ran.)
>>
Name: Donald John Trump
Defining Features: My gorgeous blonde hair, my orange skin, and my blue eyes.
>>
>>418846

How about Robin, a rather androgynous gal, with short brown hair, a bronzed skin tone, and green eyes.

As far as advice goes, I'd say, letting us know what to expect would be would be a good step. I expect forests will be involved, but those aren't exactly unique to one setting. Is this far in the future? A fantastical past with fey-folk in the woods? An entirely new world, with different species?

I mean, I'll put my vote in for fantasy, because I feel like I really could go for a nice fluffy fantasy without focus on being all grim dark. In which case, make Robin an elf. :D

But I really don't know what you're going for yet.
>>
Thus the story starts.

You remember the soft and gentle breeze from the windowsill, the warm and comforting weight of the covers on your bedding.

Rooobin!

You knew the delicate voice of your mother from miles away

'Breakfasts done!'

You slowly make your way out of your bed, over to the mirror to brush your teeth and comb your silky, brown hair.

Although something was off, a little smudging on the mirror that seemed to glow with an errie tone. Your attempts to wipe the impurity off of the mirror was rather unsuccsesftll, and it left your thumb rather cold.

You grabbed a damp rag and attempted again to wipe off the cloudy smudge from the mirror, but to your concern, the image begun to distort and grow bigger.

You decide to ignore the mirror for now and decode to go to breakfast.

Pancakes, and orange juice fresh from the trees in the back yard, your favorite.

'So, how'd you sleep honey?'

Good, thanks mom.

You begin to eat the meal, but notice a sudden chill run down tour spine, you felt like you were being watched.

You finish your warm fluffy cakes and decide to start tending to your garden, everything was fine, except a few of the tomatoe plants seemed frostbitten, this was odd considering the fact that it was a warm june's evening.

You decide to finish the day off with a warm shower to relax and think. But when you walk into the bathroom, you notice an errie coolness radiating from the mirror. The smidgen replaced the section in wich you saw your face, but to your horror, you saw 2 cold, lifeless eyes staring at you through the cool glass. You blink a few times and the mirror reflects a normal image, but you hear a sharp crash downstairs.

You rush downstairs to find the intruder, and see yourself looming over the fruit bowl. You see the apperation with pride in its eyes, glaring at the rotted, smashed fruits that litter the ground, and you see the same lifeless glare in the mirror.

You wake up in a cold sweat and see that the fire grows dimmer, the same lifeless cold eyes in the brush. One of
[Red] them
You've felt with too many to count, but they still pose a threat.

Do you
>Fight
>Flee
>Other
>>
>>418969
New with the colors, is it word ?

If not, how do I do this?
>>
>>418969
Aright, so is this some kind of nightmare demon? One that gives us a nightmare to unsettle us, before attacking us in the real world?

I presume we are in actuality, around a campfire in the titular forest?

I think we fight. If we run, we might flee into more unknown danger.
>>
Also, good luck, but I need to sleep, farewell!
>>
>>419007
You've seen many apperations like them before. You ready your makeshift spear from your side and prepare to strike the heart.

The unnerving beast unhinged it's gaping maw, with a spine chilling clacking noise, but before it could lunge at you, you peirce the unholy beast's organ, causing it to contort and screech in pain.

The beast falls next to the fire and begins to ooze a thick fluid from the single wound, although this one had seemed different than the others, a bit more 'lifelike'

The almost near death experience left your body in shock, the adrenaline coursing through your veins left you at a heightened state of awareness.

You were a bit hungry after all, and you could decide to go forage, or set traps. The beast that stood before the fire does look like it could be bait, but your weary to touch it still. The fire grows dim, and you need to act fast. You light a torch with the end of a branch, you have about 30 mins to set traps or forrage.

You can
>set traps for the small animals of the area
>Hunt for larger game in the area with your spear
>look for supplies left by other departed survivors

DC 20 to determine sucsess rate for the action
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>419041
>Look for supplies left by other departed survivors

And maybe other survivors, if we're lucky.
>>
>>419828
You decide that foraging through the forests was the best idea, they had done their dammage, but it wasn't too catastrophic.

You walk up to a clearing and find an MRE and a rusted hatchet in the dirt, perfect.

You return to your campsite and decide to prepare the MRE, not that tastiest, but it's filling nonetheless.

Your torch dies off into a glowing ember and you decide to sleep with the hachet nearby, just in case.

You stood before the abomination you saw in your own home, and the cold, lifeless eyes gazed at you with a paralyzing glare. You didn't feel anybody else's presence, except the beast that was threateningly close to you.

You decide to make a mad dash to the back door, not looking back, and in horror, you saw the fruit trees and your garden, rotting and wilted. You look back though the glass window and see the same dull smudge on the reflection, oozing a black tar that sank into the earth.

You wake up to a few beams of sunlight radiating through the canopy and caressing your face, you decide to look for something else today that might set things right.

Do you
>look through the forest
>go to the town and hope that you are unseen
>orher
>>
>>419939
>Look through the forest
>>
>>419939
Why do we need to hope we are unseen if we go to town?
>>
>>419939
(I guess I need to elaborate when I make statements that don't quite make sense >>426030 Noted for the future)

Since you had found the rations and the hatchet in the forest, you presume that there is a few survivors, where there is food there is life.

You make your way through the thick overgrowth and you cautiously look for any signs of danger. However to your shock, there remained the ashes from a campfire, they were cold, but could the survivors still be in the area? It's been a while since you've seen other people who havnt succumb to the beasts' wicked might.

You see the sun starting to fall below the horizon, you decide to relight the charred remains of the fire alongside some newer wood.

With the fire lit you start to drift off into a deep sleep.

You started to retreat into the woods, your mind numb with the current situation.

How would you stop it, what happened to your mom. What is it even supposed to be.

You decide to go to town to get some sort of help, or maybe even answers.

When you arrive at the outskirts of town, you are devostated at the morbid sight that lie before you. The pavement that connected the bustling town was cracked and worn, leaking the same tar from the spots in the reflections, wood rotting, people ripping their hair out in either pain or insanity.

The fear that filled and controlled you turned into a seething anger, you grew up here in this town, and the very abomination the was awoken is now wreaking havoc on the foundation of your cherished memories.

You decide to head back into the forest until tou find out anything about the situation at hand.

The same sunlight that had greeted you from morning to morning had, to your shock, had illuminated a dried, bearded face that stood with a quivered arrow in a threatening manner.

His eyes gleamed with rage and fury, but you knew that look too well, behind theask was fear, desperation.

'What's your buisness doin here'
'Best speak clear like, hear?'

Do you
>explain your real motives
>lie
>other (specify)
>>
>>426294
What are our real motives? Surviving? Are we of some race/ethnicity that people are prejudiced against that makes people not trust us?

Also, is the implication from that last post that there's a zombie apocalypse, and that's why we needed to stay unseen if we went into town?

I'm a bit lost to offer suggestions.
>>
>>418903
>>419007
>>419013
>>419828
>>426030
>>426298
What kind of Wafui shit is this?
Kill yourself Wave
>>
>>426294
Explain that you're just a bronie passing through. You don't want no trouble. Just your own board.

>>426342
Agreed
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.