[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Predators Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

Your eyes open slowly, and are immediately buffeted by the hard feeling of wind brushing by your face. You are falling. Falling very, very fast. Far below you, there are trees. They are getting bigger as you fall towards them.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

You feel around you frantically. There is something on your back. Some sort of metal pack.

You feel it up. There is some sort of button on side. In desperation, you slam.

Roll 1d10 to see how your parachute deploys.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>41575

Alright, I'm in OP
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>41575

Do with style!
>>
>>41761

I see that we won't last long in this quest.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>41575
Pray to Jesus.
>>
>>41761
>>41801

I have a bad feeling about this.
>>
>>41722
>>41761
>>41801
Alright, so that brings us to an average of 2.666...

Christ

You slam the button, and a parachute comes out, pulling you upright in a flash. You feel a sharp pain, and realize that the harness strapped around you may have dislocated your ankle.

Whatever, at least now you aren't falling anymore. You drift down towards the jungle below and take a moment to think. Where the hell are you?

The treetoops are coming close. You brace yourself for their impact...and then you hear a snap. You're falling again. The parachute came loose.

Shit.

You slam into the treetop, hitting what feels like every branch on the way down. At least they aren't too strong, as most of them break when you hit them, but they still hurt like absolute hell, opening multiple cuts on your body.

Finally, the treetops have been cleared... and then you hit the ground.

In the following unconsciousness, you remember your life.

What's your gender? Name? Age?
>>
>>42218

We're Jake DuFresne, minor league hockey player and automobile enthusiast. We're 28 - old enough to know that if we were going to go pro, it would have happened years ago. You're not an alcoholic, but you definitely have a drinking problem.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>42218

Name: Jacob Bush
>>
>>42218

Also, OP - taking the average roll will usually lead to mediocre results every time, which can be frustrating to both players and quest-runner.

A lot of quests on /tg/ use a 3d10, best of two rolls format for challenges.

So if we're knifefighting a tiger and we go to stab, the DC is set high at 8.

Three different players roll once apiece and get 7, 8, 2. Successful action since player 2 matched the DC at 8.

You don't have to use this system obviously, but it tends to make quests more unpredictable and therefore more fun
>>
>>42244
Going with this.

>>42243
Sorry dude, he can't have a regular background,otherwise he wouldn't have been chosen for the hunt.

You begin to remember your name. Jacob Bush. You're 32 years old.

And then you remember... the killings.

(Any sort of backstory works here, as long it involves killing people. You can be a soldier, SWAT Officer pyscho, mob boss, terrorist, serial killer, etc. You can also specify country, if you want, though the name means he was at least born to an American family.)

>>42274
Alright, got it. Wasn't planning on using too many dice rolls anyways.
>>
>>42332

Atypical background? Okay.

You're a highly trained security officer previously employed by several art antiquity collectors. Your specialty was obtaining "gray market" art items that typically had been officially missing for more than two decades. It paid well and you don't give a shit for art.

As a result, you went to dangerous places to collect valuables on behalf of very well-paying patrons.

Until - you remember - you purchased something that personally belonged to the head of Russian Mafia, Yaroslev Ogiyevich - Peter the Great's ceremonial greatsword, a relic that was both priceless and officially missing for more than 140 years. He retaliated by systematically hunting down your group of art "collectors".

To your credit, you cashed out of the business and did your best to scrub your identity before traveling through several countries with terrible recordkeeping (Malaysia, Phillipines, Niger, India, and then finally traveling into Bangladesh by bicycle).

The last thing you remember was settling down in a local Bangladeshi village for night.
>>
>>42435

I have no problem with this background.
>>
>>42435
Are you implying that the Russian Mafia are the Predators in this, or is that just part of the backstory? If it's just part of the back story, it's fine.
>>
>>42518

No, no, just backstory.

Although it might be cool if the Predators also picked up the Russian hardass who was tailing us through Southeast Asia...
>>
>>42559
Oooh, I like it.

Alright, give me a minute.
>>
>>42243
>>42435
You are Jake DuFresne, 28. You used to belong to a team of art "collectors", going around the world and selling to the highest bidders. Your good looks, strength, wits, and charm meant you stayed at the best hotels, ate at the best restaurants, and fucked the best women a country could offer.

Granted, you killed people. Sometimes, a grab would go wrong and you'd have to smoke a few guards. Sometimes, you'd have to deal with cops and hitmen. Sometimes, one of your lays would find something out and you'd have to smother her with a pillow. Sometimes, you'd take out a member of your own team for a bigger cut.

It was all part of the job.

Of course, until you fucked with the wrong people. You lost your team and had to go on the run, but you still had your skills about you, and you lived a decent life on the run.

Up until now....

You wake up, looking around you. You try to stand, but fall back down with a grunt. Yep, you definitely dislocated your ankle. With a stifled yell, you reset it, and stand once again. You climb out of the bush you landed in, feeling the multiple cuts throughout your body. They sting like a bitch, but none of them are too deep, and you should live.

You detach the harness from your back, and let the pack fall to the ground. You search through it, finding your trusty...

>(Insert a weapon a professional security guard/their would use.)
>>
>>42875
duel Beretta (supressed)
>>
>>42875

Saiga 12
>>
>>43011

Second.
>>
>>43011

Second. Most people would say that a shotgun is too messy and too loud, but you know the secret of big guns, don't you?

You don't always have to fire them to get what you want - with a big enough gun, all you have to do is look ready to use it.
>>
>>43011

I like it
>>
>>42918
You find your pair of Duel Berettas with suppressors attached, some of the few items that you didn't part with when you scrubbed your identity.

You also find the Saiga 12 you bought in Bangladesh after a run in with some coyotes. Not the stealthiest approach, but it'll get the job done.

You gear up and set off, albeit with a slight limp. Which direction do you set off in?
>>
>>43656

Whatever direction the high ground is in - we need to get up on a hillside and figure out where we are.

Obviously we're the middle of the jungle, but which side of the border are we on?

>obvi in character, Jake thinks he's in Bangladesh/India
>>
>>43656
Build a splint for the ankle. You don't want it to get in the way. Also find water and what >>43716
says.
>>
>>43794

He reset the ankle already.

You set off north, as you saw some rocky outcrops in that direction. You should be able to get a good view from there. Along the way, you hear the sound of running water. You stop at the stream, filling your canteen. As you drink, you wonder what side of the border you landed on. You have several hideouts in India, so you should be good if you landed there, just so Iong as you can find transport. And, so long as you can outrun the Russians.

You feel steel press up against your neck and a hand pulls your hair back. You feel a woman's lips press against your ear.

"Drop the weapons, pretty boy, and I won't let this stream run red."

>Drop the weapons and talk to her
>Talk to her without dropping the weapons
>Flip her over and take command of the situation
Roll 3d6 for any option.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>44067

Don't drop the weapons just yet.

"You know, this is exactly how I met my last girlfriend. What's your name?"
>>
>>44112
"You know, this is exactly how I met my last girlfriend. What's your name?"

She laughs, her grip on the knife loosening slightly.

"You have a sense of humor. I like that. The last guy didn't, and, well..."

She flips the knife around, still keeping it on your neck. You can now see that it is stained with blood.

"He bled like a stuck pig. Wimp. You seem stronger, though. My name is Marianne, thank you very much for asking. What's yours?"

You can feel her tongue sliding around on your ear. She is definitely not in her right mind.

>Lie
>Truth
>>
>>44242

She's crazy and that means she's unpredictable.

Better to play it safe.

"Jake DuFresne. How'd a nice girl like you end up in Bangladesh, Marianne?"
>>
Gonna take a break for a bit. Will come back in a few hours.
>>
>>44260
"Jake DuFresne. How'd a nice girl like you end up in Bangladesh, Marianne?"

She laughs, the laughter of an insane woman.

"Bang-Bangladesh? You-you really don't don't know, do you?"

Know? Know what?

"Uhh, no, I.... don't?"

The laughter subsides, and you feel the knife come off your neck and her hand come off your hair.

Slowly, you get up and turn around to face her.

She's kinda short, with platinum blonde hair that's been cut short. She can’t be over 25, and you make a mental note that she’s rather pretty.

Or, at least, she WOULD be if she wasn't coversed in bloodstains. Everthing about her is a mess, and her eyes are wild, a terrifying combination of bloodthirst and what you realize can best be described as lust, staring right at you. She's got her knife in one hand and a primed revolver in the other.

Alright, take it easy here, you didn't come this far to be killed by an insane chick.

"Listen, DuFresne, you're amusing me enough that I don't want to kill you. Believe it or not, I'm actually your best bet for survival right now. Come on, I wanna show you something. We can talk on the way."

>Follow her to wherever the hell she wants you to go
>Tell her you will if she drops the revolver
>Tell her she needs to wash herself first, the smell of blood is becoming overwhelming
>Light the bitch up with your Saiga and hope she can't draw on you in time

Feel free to mix-and-match here, but be sure to roll 3d6 for whatever you decide.
>>
>>50876
Follow her
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 4 = 8 (3d6)

>>51232
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 6 = 9 (3d6)

>>50876

Follow her but be ready to blast her with the Saiga.
>>
>>51232
>>51716
Sorry I'm taking so long, I has the post but then I lost it.
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 3 = 13 (3d6)

>>50876
>Follow her to wherever the hell she wants you to go
>>
>>51232
>>51716
You sigh and motion for her to take the lead, and trail behind her as she walks along. You make sure to stay keep at least ten feet behind her at all times, so if something goes wrong, you always have the trustworthy contingency of blowing her to shreds.

"So, pretty boy, I'm assuming you must have a lot of questions right now."

"Um, yeah, I... I guess I do."

"So, ask me a question."

>Ask her something
>>
>>53419

"Where the fuck are we, Marianne? The trees are all wrong for Bangladesh and I don't remember getting on a plane last night..."
>>
>>53419
Where are we going and what is it I don't know?
>>
>>53419
"Whats the deal with airline food?"
>>
>>53419

Why did I wake up falling out of the sky with a shitty parachute?
>>
>>53419
'nother question there, Marianne, why's the narrator suddenly gone so silent?
>>
>>53433
>"Where the fuck are we, Marianne? The trees are all wrong for Bangladesh and I don't remember getting on a plane last night..."

She laughs yet again and you now decide the sound is getting annoying.

"See, last I remember, I was sleeping off my two consecutive life-sentences in a Canadian prison when I woke up here. Now, maybe we are in Bangladesh, maybe we aren't, but I have a feeling that's the least of our worries right now. The real question is HOW we got here."

Out of the corner of your eye, you think you see something move in the trees. You can't be sure, though.

"Any other questions, or are we gonna walk in silence?"

(Sorry these are taking so long. Answer anything here, I'll try and pick up the pace.)
>>
>>58510

Point towards the bushes silently and try to get her to circle around with you.

Marianne seems insane but at least she's the devil we know. For now we're going to have to work together.
>>
>>58513
I'll support this. But keep the saiga on that bush, and make sure shit's ready to go
>>
>>58513
You stop silently, stomping your feet to get her attention. She turns around to see you motioning your head towards the bushes. She turns towards the bush, a grin carving it's way across her face as she turns her revolver towards them and turns her knife into a reverse grip. You follow suit and aim your Saiga.

>Be a gentleman and go first, she's starting to grow on you and you'd hate to see her die
>Have her go first, survival is tantamount here and she's a liability at this point. Besides, you'very got the better covering weapon.
>>
>>59323
She's going to gut us the moment we aren't useful to her. If we can get her killed off while we find out what we're up agaisnt, I'm all for that.

Let her kick that hornet nest. Stay back ready to unload.
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 5 = 13 (3d6)

>>59323
Rolling to retcon the shells for our Saiga-12 to be High Explosive Armor Piercing FRAG-12 ammunition
>>
>>59498
Yeah, no.
>>
>>59498
Fuck you dude. Either slugs, or 00/#4 buck.
>>
>>59391
Never know, crazy chicks can be highly useful if their nutts enough to come save your ass when a sane person would run.

Play it by ear, no point getting an ally killed for fuck all.
>>
>>60666
Oh, definitely be ready to assist. But she'd just as soon watch us get mauled by a tiger instead of helping us. Ergo, she should go first.
>>
We ded?
>>
>>62836
No, I'm just moving REAAAAAAAAAALLLLY slow.
>>
>>65048
Alright good. I'm liking this so far.
>>
>>59323
>>Have her go first, survival is tantamount here and she's a liability at this point. Besides, you've got the better covering weapon.
Motion for her to go forward and pat the side of our gun and wink, she should know we would be better supporting her.

While she moves up watch around us, im talking up and behind until she is right in there then 100% focus on her.
>>
>>65944
You motion for her to move forward, patting the side of your gun and winking. She smiles wide and winks back at you, moving towards the bushes. You keep an unflinching eye around you at all times, making sure nothing else is moving but her.

She edges towards the bushes, and, in a flash, pounces through them. You focus all your attention on the bushes now. They rustle for about ten seconds, and then she pops back up withough warning. You have to stop yourself from lighting her up. She waves one of her hands up in the air, and in it you see clenched... a rock.

What the hell?

As soon as you finish that thought, what feels like a freight train plows into you. You manage to get exactly one round out of your Saiga before you go sprawling two meters away, losing its grip.

You're prone now, your head hurts and you can barely comprehend that you've just been sacked. You glance to your side, and see your Saiga lying a few feet away. You can hear feet plowing towards you once again.

>Go for the Saiga
>Pull the pistols off of your belt
>Try to run
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (237KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
237KB, 1280x721px
Rolled 2, 7, 7 = 16 (3d10)

>>67359
>>
>>67359
>Pull the pistols off of your belt
maybe pull one and keep the other hidden, so they think we are completely disarmed.
>>
>>67359
Get those pistols. Slowly move for saiga
>>
>>67359
Pull pistols, shoot what ever the fucks coming for you in the general chest/gut area.
>>
>>67359
raw both pistol point one putting a few rounds into whatever charged us with one and point the other at out Saiga before someone else tries to nick it.
>>
bump?
>>
Rip in peace this thread
>>
File: 714.jpg (50KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
714.jpg
50KB, 600x408px
>>
Alright, going with first come, first serve here. Also, sorry, I'm juggling classes and shit.

>>67414
You pull the Berettas off of your belt as you get up. You have a second to ready yourself against the oncoming wall of flesh. You have a second to aim them at him before what you register as a tall, muscular man is on you. You attempt to blow his brains out, but he grabs both of your arms by the wrists and pushes them back.

It's a battle of wills now, both of you pushing back and screaming into each other's faces. You manage to break his grip a few times, at one point breaking one of his teeth wit the butt of your gun. However, neither of you can get the upper hand.

Over by the bush, Marianne is watching with an appreciate smile on her face. You resist the urge to turn your rage on her.

In a flash, the man lets go of your right hand, moving to his hip. You take the moment to jam your free pistol under his jaw, but as you finish the movement, you feel him press a pistol into your gut and cock it. He smirks and opens his mouth to say something, and then gets cut off by Marianne's pistol jamming into the back of his head.

Great.

Now you're stuck in some weird clusterfuck of a Mexican Standoff with two people of less-than-stellar mental health.

>Fuck it and shoot him, hopefully he won't be able to fire back in time
>Back up and make him talk
>>
>>72895
>>Fuck it and shoot him, hopefully he won't be able to fire back in time
>>
>>72895
Begin to talk, then shoot him when you're mid-sentence.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.