[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Into the Cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: 19921803.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
19921803.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
The back of your head hurts. You feel dizzy. Heavy and cold winds hit your face, and you open your eyes slowly to see a partially cloudy sky.
You manage to sit and you see that you are in some sort of abandoned camp, in the middle of the steppes.
What do you do?
>Remember who you are and how did you get here.
>Inspect your belongings, your body state and scavenge the camp.
>Watch your surroundings carefully.
>>
>>413691

>Inspect your belongings, your body state and scavenge the camp.

then

>Remember who you are and how did you get here.
>>
I'd like to point out, metagaming or comments that don't neccessarily are related to the Quest MUST be written in spoilers. Please, respect this rule and remember QM and other players to respect it.
I'll wait some minutes for more people after writing.
>>
*before
hehe
>>
>>413691
>>Remember who you are and how did you get here.
>>
>>413691
>>Watch your surroundings carefully.
>>
>>remember who you are and how you got there

>>413700
'aren't necessarily related' or 'don't necessarily relate' is the proper grammar for that sentence, senpai
>>
>>413697
>>413714
Both must roll a 1d6
>>413727
Thanks anon. I'm a taco taco burrito burrito speaker.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>413748
>>Watch your surroundings carefully.
>>
You are Fernando Vallejos de La Cruz, an spanish explorer on it's way to the New World.
Or... maybe you already are on it?
Yes! While you were on your expedition, your group had to abandon the ship due to it's terrible condition, so you were on foot, deep into the mainland.
Sadly, the Captain commanded his men to beat you, and he kicked you out of the caravan and left you with a insanely amount of supplies because...
>Write-in.
You were a..
>Noble
>Commoner
>Richman
...back in your homeland, and you worked as a...
>Write-in.
>>
*Insanely low amount of supplies.
I really have to concentrate.
>>
>>413803
>>Commoner
>Cobbler
>>
You have some simple linen clothes, and you don't seem injured.
>Gained trait: Perceptive
>You'll have 1 more dice at certain rolls, such as an attempt of scavenge, scouting and it'll be more unlikely that you'll be taken of surprise.
The place seems desolated, except for three birds flying far away, up in the sky.
It's cold, and the wind is very strong.
The position of the sun says that not much time has happened since dawn.
You can see mountains, sea at the horizon and... smoke? Hmmm...
Oh! Something just moved inside of some spiky bushes. Dinner? Your stomach is grumbling...
>>413811
Why did the captain kicked you out of the expedition?
>>
>>413824
Failing to pay a large gambling debt owed to the captain racked up playing cards whilst progressively more drunk.
>>
>>413824
>>413833
+1 to noble background and this reason
>>413851
>>
>>413824
Tried fixing his shoes while he was asleep, and wearing them.
>>
>>413854
+1
>>
-Two votes for noble, one for commoner.
-Two votes for debts, one for thivering.
-One vote for cobbler, will change to a more refined profession (such as sculpturist) if the noble background gets chosen.
>>
Ok, so we are a noble sculpturist, kicked out of an expedition because of the amount of debts you accumulated with the Captain.
Why did we embarked ourselves to the New World, and abandones our previous life?
>>
>>413942
We got bored of sitting around in Spain and wanted to adventure. Also, we heard that there was gold, coffee and tobacco, so it seemed more fun than red wine and huge gardens. Is there any more chargen or can we get down to questing?
>>
>New traits: Alcoholic (needs to drink alcoholic beverages at least 4 times a drink, or will collapse); Greedy (unlikely to get along with companions, only gets a 1d12 when Trading instead of regular 1d20); Sculpturer (1 more dice when Crafting or Building).
What should we do now?
>Scavenge the camp.
>Walk towards the smoke.
>Walk towards the sea.
>Look for the creature in the bushes.
>>413967
I suppose we are done. I really like minucious chargens, but I shouldn't have applied it, since I wasn't sure that you guys will like it.
>>
*4 times a week.
>>
>>413942
Inspiration and ideas that you can only get from a new land
>>
>>414000
I can tweak the Greedy trait if everyone agrees. That is a nice idea, anon.
>>
>>414000
CHKDBS, btw.
>>
I was thinking about how much should I wait for the choices. My thought is that we should stick with the bad trait, (ajo y agua, like people in my cunt says), and that 10 mins. of patience is insufficient. This is a small Quest, and I doubt that I'll get much attention, so 20 mins. would be nice. For a bigger Quest with lots of players, 10 mins. is a ridiculous amount of time, but a slow thread like this needs more time to function. What do you guys think?
>>
>>413994
>>Scavenge the camp.

>>414043
Probably wait for the 1st post and then wait 20 minutes.
>>
>>414056
Thanks for the advice. Roll a 2d20. Only the best of both counts.
>>
Rolled 20, 3 = 23 (2d20)

>>414127
>>
>>414127
Can you roll more than once to keep things moving?
>>
Rolled 10, 5 = 15 (2d20)

>>414127
>>
Rolled 11, 19 = 30 (2d20)

>>414127
Rolling if you allow more than rolls made by the same anon.
>>
>>414160
Yes from now on, I'll tell you when you need to roll in the same post that requires it.
>>414149
The camp has some useful stuff: the small tent is made with humid sticks and tattered furs, there is a small barrel filled at 3/4 of its capacity with water (2 lts.), a small rope (4mts.), a little poach full of wild onions and berries, a very thin sleeping bag, a crude and rusted shiv, a small mettalic cup and a rucksack. You put the small stuff into the rucksack, roll the sleeping back and tie it above your shoulders and back with the rope.
What now?
>>414183
Nope. Only one.
>>
>>414223
Well the water don't last for long, so we need to find more water. Like a river or a lake.
>>
>>414223
Should walk towards the smoke.
We're a sculptor, not a ranger or a hunter so surviving in the wilderness would be difficult.
>>
>>414254
There smoke? I didn't see that that what we
should do. But be prepare for wild native to kill us.
>>414223
>>
>>414271
Thought we were picking from the options list
>>
>>414285
I didn't see that. Normally the QM put on options once we do something.
But that's was mistake on my part, I didn't read it.
>>
>>414285
>>414295
I should have added a >Write-in option
You can either follow the options depicted or suggest something else.
>>
>>414512
I'm still here, and I choice to fellow the smoke
>>
Cool. I'll wait 15 min. or so to see if more players come around, then I'll continue.
>>
The smoke seems to be very far away, you can barely see it, as it seems to be behind a cliff. Luckily, there is plenty of time, but you hurry your step a little because of your hunger and your inexperience in the wilds.
After a long walk, you found what you expected: a native settlement. But it's really small, there is only two tents and they seem to be in a very bad condition.
What should we do?
>Surround the camp and scout it as minutely as you can (Need a 2d20, best of both).
>Go straightforward to meet the natives (Need a 1d20).
>Avoid the camp and explore the surroundings.
>Avoid the camp and go somwhere else.
>>
Rolled 9, 11 = 20 (2d20)

>>414614
>>Surround the camp and scout it as minutely as you can (Need a 2d20, best of both).
CERTAIN VICTORY
>>
You manage to see a strong, young and very tall man, armed with a bow watching over the camp, and you hear the cry of a baby.
What now?
>Go straightforward to meet the natives (Need a 1d20).
>Avoid the camp and explore the surroundings.
>Avoid the camp and go somwhere else.
>Write-in
>>
Do we know what season it is?
>>
>>414647
We have no idea.
>>
>>414625
>>Avoid the camp and explore the surroundings.
Lets take a look around, at least we know where the camp is
>>
File: quest.png (61KB, 466x431px) Image search: [Google]
quest.png
61KB, 466x431px
>>414663
The camp seems to be sheltered inside a "valley" between the hills. You walk around in the flat part and you found a group of small trees and spiky bushes.
You climb the hills, but you see nothing more than dry grass and other separated groups of trees. You hear water near the foot of the cliffs.
-Green: depression
-Yellow: plain
-Light brown: cliffs
-Blue: water?
-Violet: native
-Dark brown: tents
-Brown dots: trees and bushes
-Red: you
>>
Oh, and the orange is the settlement.
>>
>>414772
hmmm. Lets go over to the bushes and see if there's any berries or something to eat, and we'll give a wide berth to the tents.
>>
>>414852
Roll a 2d20, one dice for the bushes and the other for dealing with the natives. You can choose which dice does what.
Or you can post twice, each post with a 1d20, specifying for which action are you rolling.
>>
Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d20)

>>414852
>>414882
first is for the bush, second is for the dealing with the natives
>>
>>414885
oh no
>>
This is you lucky day, roll again.
Scavenging gets two dices because of Perceptive trait.
So roll a 2d20 and a 1d20 in separated post, just in case.
>>
Rolled 5, 16 = 21 (2d20)

>>414897
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>414906
>>
You manage to get some acid red berries and some bitter blue berries from the spiky bushes. You get a good portion of them, enough for a meal.

Then, you walk carefully to the settlement, and you see that the man seems to be protecting his family.
An old lady is laying down inside a tent, coughing loudly, and a young girl is hugging a baby. She is so young that seems confused about how to stop her child's cries.
Shaking from fear, when you get close to them, the girl shrieks, intensifying her baby's cry, and the young man prepares his bow. He seems very determinated to shoot, and starts yelling a lot in a really strong and deep voice.
You paralyze in fear. It seems that they don't want you to be close to them.
Instinctively, you run as fast as you can. Luckily, the man doesn't chase you, and he doesn't shoot either.
What now?
>Write-in
>>
>>414957
Go to the water source
>>
>>415033
Hey, anon, I'll give the story some rest, ok? I'm tired, I'll continue tomorrow. In a sec I'll post a link to an archive or pastebin or whatever and my Twitter.
See ya 'round, thanks for participating. If you want, give me some advices right here or at my TW account.
>>
>>415071
cool
>>
Ok, my twitter is @elpe_ruano.
I have a notepad file in my pc with everything, I'll upload it later to pastebin and I'll post the link in my TW. Peace.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.