[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dynasty Civilization Thread Part 1, Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6

This is something resembling a quest, and something resembling a civilization thread, or even a birth of civilizations, depending on where and when we start. The objective of this quest is for you to play out the history of a noble ruling family in first person, for better or worse, to the modern era, and obviously that leads us to begin with a choice, what setting are we in? Which stage will our family perform it's drama on?

High Fantasy Real World?
Low Fantasy Real World?
Or
Straight Alternate Real World?
>>
>>410488
>Low Fantasy Real World
>>
>>410495
Backing
>>
>>410488
>Straight Alternate Real World
>>
>>410488
>High Fantasy Real World?
>>
>>410488
>Low Fantasy Real World
>>
>>410488
High Fantasy Real World. Or if not that, then a low fantasy core area with areas of higher fantasy surrounding it.
>>
>>410488
Low Fantasy Real World
>>
>>410495
>>410500
Alright, Low Fantasy Real world.

In this world, the blood of the gods flows. There was a siege at Troy, lead by Agamemnon, and Achilles was a mighty warrior, blessed by old gods, but not invulnerable all asides his heel. The Greeks were as Homer describes them, and the words of Gilgamesh's epic are truer than many think. The Romans tell tales of great heroes that are more fact than myth, and onward into the medieval era some special individuals showed talents beyond mortal men. Arthur Pendragon, a warlord of britain blessed by the gods did rule, and many tell stories of fae-folk rearing knights. This is not a world of elves in their multitudes, or Dwarves in sweden, but it is a world of heroes slaying Minotaurs, and knights of round tables killing the occasional giant.

So then, the next question sees where we will be deposited in this mad, mad world.

> Far off Ancient Mesopotamia, the lands of Gilgamesh and Assur, and the great walls of Ur.
>The great warlord kingdoms of ancient Greece, or the time surrounded them?
>The Years of the Roman Republic, of the great heroic Hannibal, of the Scipios, of Pompey and Cicero (If you want politics,please see within. I think I can do this one best)
> The great Dark ages of Europe, when Arthur fought and the Syagrii dwelled high in the land once known as Gaul.

>You may write in, but be aware that I can and will veto some places that I can't or don't want to do.
>>
>>410577
> The great Dark ages of Europe, when Arthur fought and the Syagrii dwelled high in the land once known as Gaul.
>>
>>410577
Other Possibilities:
Byzantine Greece, Medieval Italy, Colonial Nobility in the Americas.
>>
>>410594
What about the very early days of Kievan Rus'?

If you're not prepared to run that, then
>The great warlord kingdoms of ancient Greece
>>
>>410617
I can try, give me a general tone and I'll see.
>>
>>410617
>>410590
Any Compromise?
>>
>>410686
I could go for the Kievan Rus.
>>
I need to go sleep and research. See you all soon.
>>
>>410577
>> The great Dark ages of Europe, when Arthur fought and the Syagrii dwelled high in the land once known as Gaul.
>>
>>410577
>> The great Dark ages of Europe, when Arthur fought and the Syagrii dwelled high in the land once known as Gaul.
>>
>>411610
>>411737
This
>>
>>410577
>> Far off Ancient Mesopotamia, the lands of Gilgamesh and Assur, and the great walls of Ur.
>>
>>411737
>>411610
>>412288
>>410590
Well,the Numbers have it.

In this world, knights and druids still wander, as odd as it may seem so soon after the fall of Rome. Tales of the dieing Roman Empire drift up through Europe, though few of them know the truth of the Ostrogothic occupation of Italy, or of the Rump Roman state in Dalmatia.

The truest remnant of Rome available in northern Europe is split between the Kingdom of Syagrius in northern Gaul, hard pressed by the Franks, and the small Roman Province of Ambrosius, deep in Wales. Britannia is split into a thousand warring fiefdoms, Romano-british, Celtic, Pictish, Saxon, even the Irish, all of them trying to claw at what remains of power. The greatest of these realms is under Vortigern, a man who claims to rule all land from Cornwall to the Saxon Shore, though he cannot truly regulate this land. The last of the Romans, Ambrosius, will soon die and pass his lands onto his son, Uther. The time of Loghres is far off.

To the east, the Franks, lead by Clovis, continuously feud within themselves, or with the Syagrii, trying to force their barbaric hands into the falling gallic states. Italy is dominated by the Ostrogoths, and spain by the Visigoths. North Africa has fallen to barbarian rule under the Vandals, with a few small Roman Rump states in Mauretania. In the East, Romee remains, the empire spanning from Greece to Egypt, warring often with Persia and the barbarians beyond the Danube.

>Where are we? Where in this world shall our family find it's beginning?
>>
>>412357
The south coast of the Baltic Sea.
>>
>>412357
Delta of the Vistula River
>>
>>412360
>>412363
Alright, we want to do tribal amber merchants and raiders?
>>
>>412393
What about mine-owners?
>>
>>412400
I really don't know much about eastern European history. If either of you have any good sources I can read through I can do this a lot better.
>>
>>412393
I guess.
>>412401
Wikipedia? I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
You are a proud family, reared in the harsh lands beyond the danube, at the headwaters of the Vistula as it meets the Baltic Sea. You rule over a small tribe, recently coalesced around your very first Patriarch, dwelling in the fertile lands surrounding the river and feeding themselves from hunting, agriculture and fishing. Trade, until recently has been remarkably rare, but recently trade with your fellow slavic tribes has become common enough that some wealth can be accrued to you.

Now then, we must determine who our great Patriarch is? Who has united this tribe? What is his name, His Ancestry? What is remarkable about him?
>>
File: Central_europe_9th_century.png (433KB, 700x528px) Image search: [Google]
Central_europe_9th_century.png
433KB, 700x528px
>>412401
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistulans

I know this map is the wrong time period but I don't have any maps before the 9th Century.
>>
>>412424
Thanks.
>>
File: West_slavs_9th-10th_c..png (419KB, 876x723px) Image search: [Google]
West_slavs_9th-10th_c..png
419KB, 876x723px
>>412418
>>
>>
>>412418
Krak - the Dragon Slayer.
>>
>>412435
this
>>
>>412418
Krak the Dragon Slayer is fine, being named for the obvious reason of, with the support of a group of some armed men, slaying a medium-small dragon that had been preying on travellers on the southern road. He lost half of his left arm in the fight.
>>
>>412448
>>412435
Our great and noble family is headed by Chief Krak, Slayer of Dragons and master of war. He united the tribe through numerous battles, dueling with all the greatest warriors of the local villages in order to overtake them. After years of personal warfare, he cemented his rule through the slaying of a rare and mystical Drake. He now wears a cloak of it's scales, and his blood is said to have mingled with the Dragon, naming him and his successors true heirs to the tribe.

At current, Krak leads a united, but purposeless tribe, with many warriors to spare but little to do with them. Little wealth comes to the tribe, as it's trade is limited by it's barbarousness. How does Krak direct the tribe?
>>
>>412540
What's our settlement like? Is it fortified?
>>
>>412553
There are multiple small villages, and lots of small homesteads. Krak dwells in a village named Grozndi, on the river delta. It is not fortified.
>>
>>412540
Write-ins only is for big boys.
>>
>>412569
Let's fortify our towns and continue living mainly on subsistence farming.

Ignore >>412592; he's just a faggot.
>>
>>412601
This
>>
>>412601
Krak does as many old soldiers do, he settles down, and builds up a family farm, so to speak. He uses his own ability at command, along with the respect he has garnered from the people, to enforce more orderly and controlled farming, increasing food yields, and maximizing the tribute he can acquire from each farmer. This increase in agricultural production allows Krak to use more of the workforce to fortify Grozndi, constructing a palisade around the collection of huts, along with a few watch-towers all around his realm, which now spans a good few miles.

Krak is now in his mid thirties, and seeks to settle down to produce an heir. Concubines are an option, but marriage to local chieftains is possible. The Neighboring chiefs could either be intermarried with, or provoked by a request for a concubine, allowing for more war, and the tribute that would entail.

>What does Krak do in search of an Heir? There are three tribes of comparative size bordering Krak's chiefdom.
>>
>>412601
Yeah this, also get Krak to marry the daughter of the strongest warrior. Get clan unity going.
>>
>>412634
Who are they? Describe them?
>>
>>412646
Personally I think we should marry the weakest one, more chance to overtake it that way.
>>
>>412646
1. The Lachii, a tribe of most agricultural farmers who herd cows and sheep. They are moderately rich from trade, and their warriors are armoured with tough leather
2. The Kelsen, a tribe of mystics and nature dwellers, who use the woods to hide and to fight. Some say they are kin to the elves and the fae, but none are sure.
3. The Makrisii, a tribe of naval peoples, who travel along the river in small boats, living off of fish. Their permanent riverside domains are usually small trading posts.
>>
>>412655
>The Makrisii
>>
>>412655
>The Lachii
>>
>>412655
>1. The Lachii, a tribe of most agricultural farmers who herd cows and sheep. They are moderately rich from trade, and their warriors are armoured with tough leather
>>
>>412655
Lachii
>>
>>412655
>1. The Lachii, a tribe of most agricultural farmers who herd cows and sheep. They are moderately rich from trade, and their warriors are armoured with tough leather
>>
Krak leads a party of warriors and tradesmen to the Lachii village, Tesi, a small town, richer and more populous than Grozndi. He is welcomed happily into the chieftains hall, a richly adorned but squat wooden thing, filled to the brim with daughters, wives and trusted warriors, all the children of the chieftain. For his virility, the Chieftain is named Elgar the Bull. He is an older man, heavy by the rewards of his years but friendly to this noble warrior that enters his hall.

He offers Krak dinner, and over Dinner gives him an offer, if he duels the Bulls first son, Boras Bullson, and wins, he may marry any of the Chief's admittedly exceedingly beautiful daughters. Being daughters of the Bull, it seems they are all in possession of vast tracts of land, both in the sense of a dowry and otherwise.

Does he marry the into Lachii, dueling Boras Bullson, or demand a concubine from among the daughters of the chief?
>>
duel the son. Even with one arm Krak can prove he is a worthy fighter
>>
>>413113
>marry into the Lachii, dueling Boras Bullson
>>
>>413151
>>413130
Boras Bullson meets Krak in the arena, and the fight playfully for several hours, punching, kicking and grappling one another into submission only to retreat, breathe, drink, and start the fight again.The two men are quickly friends, even as they wrestle violently, and quite an accord is struck up. Boras, as night falls, concedes to Krak as a brother, and the two embrace as such, before sepearting off for an evening's celebration, as Krak is given his choice of bride.

>There are all varieties of woman here, feel free to pick the other half of your families genetics however you'd like, just suggest characteristics you want.
>>
>>413192
A pretty girl of 16 - 20 with medium-sized breasts, who looks like she won't have trouble bearing our children.
>>
File: 1.png (400KB, 580x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
400KB, 580x800px
>>413192
>>
>>413192
A pretty girl of 16 - 20 with medium-sized breasts, who looks like she won't have trouble bearing our children.
Blonde blue eyes tall
>>
>>413291
This seems accurate
>>
>>413291
A piece of related info: the Baltic Sea's coast is thought to be the area from which the genes for blonde hair and blue eyes originated, and it's still the area with the highest concentration of those features.
>>
>>413239
>>413283
>>413291
>>413350
>>413381
Krak selects quite a beauty, the Bulls third daughter Karella, a woman in her nineteenth year, flush with a long head of luxurious blonde hair reaching down to her knees, to complement Krak's own auburn mane, her eyes a deep blue, as Krak's own, and her figure the stuff of folklore. Some say that the new Chieftess has the blood of giants in her too, and her substantial height would lend to the idea, as she is only just shorter than Krak, who himself is around 6''8, a man of noble blood as he is.

The two make a fine couple, and they are married under the open Sky in Grozdni. Her dowry enriches the house substantially, with several herds of cows and a great hammer in the style of far off Rome, built of rare steel, along with a few acres of Lachii land. A solid alliance has been formed, and trade blossoms.

In the years that follow, Karella gives birth to two daughters, each with deep blonde hair like their mother, and a son, with hair rich and golden like his mothers, and a frame not unlike his fathers as a child. This son will inherit the entire tribe, and Krak sees it fit to anoint him heir on the day he is named. The boy is taken to a sacred grove, under the eyes of the fae and the gods, and their blessing is asked for.

Please roll a 1d100 for the child's blessing, with mystery results.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>413464
>>
>>413478
The Child seems to radiate with warmth, with power, as if bearing the authority of a seasoned commander even at birth. As he matures, even into a toddler, he is remarkably sophisticated in quickly learned speech and in an albeit childish intellect, by all means developing into a paragon of a young man, respected overwhelmingly by his peers even as he is only a child.

What was the child named by his father, in light of this?
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>413501
Damn. I was too late to roll
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>413464
>>
>>413501
It lower rolls better?
>Name
Vlad
>>
>>413539
There's a table. Don't worry.
>>
>>413539
Vlad? As you'll be playing as him next, I'll wait for another name.
>>
>>413501
Lach.
>>
>>413501
Devon
>>
>>413554
Some names. From me.
It's a list so anons can pick
Arnold
Vlad
Otto
Wulfstan
Wulfsige

Here's a bump as well.
>>
>>413557
>>413539
Vlach, perhaps?
>>
>>413573
I'll change my vote to Lach since Vlach sounds dumb
>>
>>413501
Kraik

I could also support Vlad.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>413581
>>413573
>>413578
>>413557
>>413539
Flipping a coin, 1 is Vlad, 2 is Lach
>>
Vlad is the boy's name, and a good name it is. Krak reaches his fourtieth year quickly, becoming more and more encumbered by the spectre of age, as his warriors form seems to be sapped of it's power by the years. As he finally reaches his fourty fifth year, Vlad reaches his tenth. The young boy is by all accounts an adult already in mind, speaking with the intellect and sophistication of a scholar, not a tribal chief. He reads heartily, and has a wealth of knowledge. He is the first of the tribe to speak two languages, both Proto-Polish and primitive Latin, and the young man seems fascinated by all things Roman generally. Beyond this intellect is a natural skill at command. He is powerful in his presence and carries himself with a towering sense of imperium, even in his young age. His peers follow him, and he is admired as a leader even by those older than him.

Now, as he is in his tenth year, it is time for him to take up an apprenticeship, to serve four years in a profession, or on a pilgrimage. Where is the young man sent, and what does he learn?

His sisters are also both of marriageable age, and Krak's brother in law, Boras, has succeeded to the throne of the Lachii
>>
>>413627
Pilgrimage to Rome. He does like the roman stuff bring back that tech for us.
Bring back books scrolls all that stuff to make us powerful from tech.
>>
>>413637
This. But we should have had another kid. This one will not be a good warrior
>>
>>413627
Also have more kids, marry the other girls to nearly tribes. Get that alliances.

With the boy in Rome he learn all about making Roman stuff, and bring back this knowledge and scrolls with him.
>>
>>413637
A pilgrimage to Rome is a good idea. Of course, he'd going to need bodyguards.

Let's investigate marriage suitors for our daughters cautiously.
>>
>>413653
>>413637
>>413643

Vlad sets out to the Eternal City, a massive portion of his father's wealth accompanying him on this mamoth Journey. The young boy travels first to the south, passing through the duchies of the Polish, and the Moravians, and learning of their more advanced agricultural techniques. He then arrives in the Roman city of Cherson in Crimea, observing their fortifications and naval constructions. He is greetet as an Envoy of the tribe, as something of an Oddity, as he enters Constantinople, even being permitted into the Hagia Sophia in an odd service with a new religion, Christianity. The boy's authority only swells as he proceeds through the city of the world's desire, a metropolis of 600,000 people, with constructions so mammoth that they are beyond most of the boy's followers's ability to comprehend.

Vlad, however, is not bedazzled, he is taking notes, taking copies of documents and histories of the Empire, and moving onwards into Greece, picking up philosophy in Athens as his first beard grows in, a thick blonde thing. Then, from Greece to Syria, through the ancient city of Antioch to another great christian service, and then to the ancient city of Jerusalem, where the young man supposedly visited the true cross housed there. From Jerusalem, Vlad moved on into Egypt, passing the monumental structures of the province before visiting the libraries and museums of Alexandria to learn of medicine and more philosophy, and then onto a boat to Carthage.

In Carthage, the boy learns of Augustine, and the other saints of Christian history, finding inspiration in George the Dragon-Slayer. Seeking to emulate the warrior saint, Vlad took to reseatrching military tactics, studying the Strategikon and the books of Vegetius to learn strategy, and visiting the site of the battle of Zama. Then, the young man, now fifteen, visits Syracuse, learning mathematics from the Pytahgoreans, and then on through Rome, where he stops to pay his respects to the Latin pope, and to observe the monumental architecture of the ancient city. He is particularly inspired by the Senate house, before moving on to Milan, the home of St.Ambrose, and then onto Ravenna.

After Ravenna, Vlad moved on to visit Syagrius in northern Gaul before finishing the round trip by passing through the territory of the Franks. The man that returns eclipses the boy that left. His skin is a golden tan, his hair a flowing blonde halo, and his frame putting him at the size of his father. He is wise beyond his years, knowing more of the world than his father could even understand, both militarily and otherwise. His grasp of Roman technology is accompanied by a knowledge of Law, and the boy spends all of his time codifying laws and planning out architectural feats in his homeland. He is only frustrated by the puny realm he is given to fulfill his almighty ambitions, and by his father's refusal to convert to the religion of these great Empires, Christianity.

Cont.
>>
Krak too has been busy while his son has undertaken pilgrimage. Specifically, two more sons have been born, and his daughters marriages have been thoroughly arranged. The potential suitors are numerous, mostly the sons of the local chiefs. The Lachii are willing, but Boras is already a close ally. The Kelsen offer up two of their sons, wild eyed and ethereal youths of an airy, woodish and fae-like nature, with the promise that their magic will support our warriors in war with an alliance, and that the gods will be placated by our devotion.

The Makrisii offer a hefty bride price, on the condition that you do not marry into the mad woodling Kelsen, specifically they offer you four sailing ships and a single warship for both daughters, a gift that would allow your people to go out on raids, perhaps into the sea and perhaps further along the mass of rivers connected to the Vistula.
>>
>>413772
Go with the Makrisil and the boats
For me I want us to turn away from the gods and convert the place to Christianity slowly.
>>
>>413772
I think we should stay away from the weird wood elfs.
>>
>>413739
Nooooooooo, not christianity. Let's keep our traditional gods and beliefs.

>>413772
Let's marry them into the Makrissii. We'll have to deal with the effects of snubbing the Kelsen, but that's life. I doubt our son will want to marry into the Kelsen, though, so this might turn into an issue.
>>
>>413785
>>413802
You marry both of your daughters to the sons of the Makrisii chieftain, and in return receive 4 large galleys and a single large warship. Over the years, through trade and agriculture, your chiefdom has become more and more powerful, spanning almost the entire river Delta. However, the Kelsen still hold onto one route out of the Delta and into the sea, a route that, if captured, would gain you total domination of river-sea trade and a massive amount of wealth. The Kelsen are famed for their skill at archery, but through force of numbers, it is likely you will prevail. The most prominent difficulty will be taking the Kelsen settlement of Kas-Longat, a small, fortified settlement spanning across the river.

Will Krak, in a last hurrah, declare war on the Kelsen and take control of the upper Vistula delta? If so, how will he attack Kas-Longat?
>>
>>413816
Well taking the fortified settlement would be kinda easy. All we would have to do is starve it out. I say yes. As a last living will, we should make a Kingdom.
>>
>>413838
Do this and we strave it out. Use our boats to control the river.
Attack the place, let our son help us he's our heir and knows his stuff.
>>
>>413844
Yeah. Let the son be the mind behind the war
>>
>>413838
>>413844
I can't support starving a settlement out of no reason than what is basically a greedy legacy. If we attack the settlement, we should do it swiftly with a military attack, or take it through peaceful means like an offer of money or metals.
>>
>>413838
>>413844
Do this
>>413816
You should really have a trip. Make it easy to know it's you
>>
>>413970
I agree with this anon, cause this looks like it could be a great quest.
>>
I also believe starving a settlment out would have too many civilian casualties. It is however good tactics. As a compromise, maybe we could allow women and children to leave the fort and promise them safety and food until the siege is over.
>>
>>414062
after a week or so of siege we coulod do this but as soon as they open the gatse have a small force burst out of hiding and keep the gate open long enough for the main force too arive
>>
>>414070
Or we could see what our son has in mind.
>>
>>414075
fuck that lil bitch all hail the old gods
>>
the point is not to get a reputation for being dishonorable towards our neighbors
>>
Gonna conclude for the night for sleep. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
>>
>turning away from the old gods

meh
>>
>>414075
If we don't use the knowledge from the guy we sent around the world to collect knowledge... That feels kinda dumb.

Also, I like the challenge of trying to keep the Western Roman Empire going, or at least its legacy.
>>
>>415347
What the fuck is this wafui shit?
Fucking Wave get off my board REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>415476
Why are you being an ass?
>>
We should ask Vlad for his opinion
>>
>>415347
What kind of Wafui shit is this?
>>
>>413816
Do it, though get Vlad to give input/make seige equipment
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.