[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hex An Experimental Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: GameBegin2.png (304KB, 2298x1056px) Image search: [Google]
GameBegin2.png
304KB, 2298x1056px
Who wants to grit your teeth and be my guinea pig in this experimental Hex game? Will your kingdom reign supreme, or will you dwell quietly in your mountains?

Game will begin in a few hours. Pick a name and color.

If there are any questions feel free
>>
>>408932
So do we have to discover all the special hexes?
>>
>>408932
Seems fun; count me tentatively in. This will be a sort of nation builder? I'll be the Forget-me-not Kingdom and my colour shall be blue.
>>
Sounds fun, but I never have enough time to stay and do something like this.
>>
I'll try this out color me red and call me the Gravel Republic
>>
>>408932
I shall be Yellow. I want my kingdom to be controlled by many anons. Cause that is more fun. Our name shall be "The Mad King's Realm"
>>
Give me green and i'll like, be the Hippie Kingdom man.
>>
so anyone have an idea when the writer is getting back?
>>
Give me pink and I shall make these fellows love the homos.
>>
>>409542
He ded
>>
Orange. The Turkey Club.
>>
OP abandoned quest :C
>>
File: 1.png (350KB, 2298x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
350KB, 2298x1056px
Shit sorry people. I went to sleep and woke up to a text from work and just getting back.

This is going to be a first time go for me so expect this to be more of a loosey goosey type of game while stuff gets figured out.

>>408970
The Special hexes are tiles that will give a benefit if you have a Settlement next to it. Representing things like important statues, locations, etc that rally people to your nation

>>409542
>>411669
sorry sorry. Also taking forever to get used to GIMP

Keeping Risk type games and their actions in mind, reply to this with your first move. Everyone has the one army to start and your options for actions are Move/Discover at this point in whichever direction you'd like according to the numbers.
>>
>>412262
I discover to the North-East. Do you want me to roll anything?
>>
>>412273
Right now it's meant to work as a risk so I use the post number of the responding post as the result. Since your post ended in a 3 you found a plains to the Northeast that will provide +1 food because it is adjacent to a settlement. You need at least 1 food to maintain each army and settlement past the first

Does this board do dubs/trips?
>>
>>412275
I'm not really into 4chan risk, so I'm going to bail.
>>
>>412295
All good. Care to talk design then? How would you alter it? I'm very open to ideas if you think it's an interesting concept
>>
>>412296
I think it would be most fun if you got rid of the completely random terrain generation, and either:
- generated the terrain using a terrain generator before the game and then concealed it
- or generated the terrain on discovery using a simple markov chain terrain generation algorithm.

Then you have the players discovering a more natural-looking world. There's also the possibility of adding randomly-generated ruins to the map.

I thik what I would do for minimal effort is use a terrain generator to make the map, place some ruins on top of it before the game, and use a blank hex area to play. Or perhaps you don't want ruins, which is also fine.

I like a less restrictive game, so I'd suggest that you don't unreasonably restrict the players. If they want to spend a turn, say, digging a canal, paving a road or building city walls, then let them.

At the end of the day, it comes down to whether you want to run a risk, which is generally going to be more simple and restrictive, or a nation builder, which is more complex and less restrictive, and contains elements of construction and research.

Another idea is to have one turn / season, and have each season have different effects on the terrains of the board. For instance, perhaps in winter the farmland stops producing food and the mountains become impassable - but the swamps become easier to pass due to a reduction in the number of flies.
>>
>>412262
Roll to discover to the south.
>>
>>412262
Explore South.
>>
Rolled 904977056 (1d1000000000)

>>412262
Explore direction 5.
>>
File: 2.jpg (514KB, 2298x1056px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
514KB, 2298x1056px
>>413008
>>414671
>>414706
>>
>>415632

Rolling for south east.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.