[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark age Britannia quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2582x3220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2582x3220px
The year is 410, Roman officials have been forced out of the British isles an will never return to rule again. Now there are many different tribes and states warring and raiding each other and vying for dominance, as it regularly is in these parts and in this time

There are 5 major culture groups you may chose from that will dictate starting positions, story goals and general wealth: Briton, pict, Irish, welsh and Saxon.

In addition there are 5 professions you may choose from which again effect starting positions, story goals and general wealth: retinue, peasant, landowner, raider and clansman (or noble if you prefer)

Beyond that, age, gender and name. Backstory will be writin by me in relation to all of the things you choose, besides your name, that would be silly.

Disclaimer: I don't have that much historical knowledge of this era, my main goal is for you guys to have fun. I'll also be running this on weekends, though honestly I might run every night if this becomes popular enough.

Additionally, playing a women is pretty fucking hard for obvious reasons. Much more likely to become a legend if your successful however.

>alright I'm fucking pumped lets do this shit, first time is now or never!
>>
>>405931
Oh yeah your going to be playing one person in the third person perspective. Should have prefaced that sooner. So this stuff is important! Choose what you want and I'll tally, do some final votes if need be.
>>
Lotsa options so we could vote... I'll just go for: Irish, Clansman (if we get to lead Raiders and participate in battles, if not, then Raider), age ~25ish, male, Connor Ronan (but everyone calls us by our last name maybe hopefully?)
>>
>>405931
I'm looking forward to it.

I suggest we play a young Briton sailor on a merchant vessel.
>>
>>405931
I'll levy my vote for Irish Clansman/previous raider. Let's go with 27 years old, male, and named Ruairi. Not sure about last name, since gaelic last names are a clusterfuck of vowel sounds.
>>
>>405931
We are a saxon mercenary, 22 years, named Odalric
>>
>>405978
Not on the list. But if it gains enough traction I'll squeeze it in. You guys want me to hold a vote one by one and get each aspect cleared with a vote?
>>
>>405992

I'll vote for this
>>
>>405992
>>406001
I'll change my vote to this then.
>>
>>405992
Yes! Steal some English lasses as an Irish raider!
>>
Holy shit this is a lot of people...
Ok so I got the vote of a male middle aged Irish clansman first name rurari. All of this has two votes.

Changes? Input? Or can I write backstory and starting scenario?
>>
>>406026
Or 3, 4 actually.

The pressure is real. Writing
>>
>>406026
Ruairi O'Cinneide
Let's be JFK's ancestor
>>
>>406029
2 much pressure op?
r u keel??
>>
Your name is ruairi Mumha of clan... Well mumha, you are the younger brother of the current King. And though technically you are eligible for the throne, you likely will not acquire it, you know this because you know how to lead men, but not rule them. For years now you have been campaigning as an independant force in gwynedd and the surrounding areas. Most of your experience is in fighting welsh. Your personal martial prowess is also quite commendable, though you are fleeting past your prime.

It is the year 410 and you put on your chain mail, intending to travel home. Your home is not far away, but there are complications as to get there. You fear no shortage of coin yet you are a noble amongst rival galic kingdoms, it would be wise to take caution and not use your name so often in ports and... Well anywhere that isn't home really.

You command a war band of 300 sods along with 150 camp followers and your 20 most trusted house guard armed with padded armor, metal helms and if you do say so yourself, pretty nice swords. Detaching 50 sods into a division, chose your war and composition:

You have 6 divisions, and 2 of them can be high tired armored units. All of your divisions are experienced in battle however.

>High cost unit options
-armored warbows
+long range
+high power
+more than decent melee ability w/ seaxs'
-armored spearmen
+long spears
+good quality shields
+very good at close range engagements
-armored javelineers
+absurdly high ranged damage
+better range than most javelins but still a bit on the low side
+better melee ability then the warbows
-armoured horsemen
+more accuracy and range than their shit tier counterparts
+horses are better bred, faster
+decent fighting capability close range
-will still get kind of wrecked by spears and most other things. Still Primarily a harassment and scout unit.
>shit tier equip units
-levy slings
+better range than javelins
-otherwise pretty shit
-levy spears
+good at close range
-shield and armor strength is really lacking
-levy javelins
+pretty high power
-shit range though
-levy horsemen
+they have ponies and javelins
-otherwise useless in a direct combat confrontation
>>
>>406174
Writing on an iPad is a bit of a pain, that too.
>>
>>406187
Also again to clarify some things thematically.
The high cost units are really decked out, they are very expensive to maintain most of the time but are really beastly
Shit teir units are most units. Because it's the dark ages man, most of these soldiers will be equipped with metal weapons and helmets however.
>>
>>406187
Also the selection is confusing, lemme fix that

>High cost unit options

armored warbows
+long range
+high power
+more than decent melee ability w/ seaxs'

armored spearmen
+long spears
+good quality shields
+very good at close range engagements

armored javelineers
+absurdly high ranged damage
+better range than most javelins but still a bit on the low side
+better melee ability then the warbows

armored horsemen
+more accuracy and range than their shit tier counterparts
+horses are better bred, faster
+decent fighting capability close range
-will still get kind of wrecked by spears and most other things. Still Primarily a harassment and scout unit.

>shit tier equip units

levy slings
+better range than javelins
-otherwise pretty shit

levy spears
+good at close range
-shield and armor strength is really lacking

levy javelins
+pretty high power
-shit range though

levy horsemen
+they have ponies and javelins
-otherwise useless in a direct combat confrontation
>>
>>406254

Armored Spearmen, Armored javelineers

Levy slings, levy horsemen

Did our guy become like 35 or 40? I thought we picked a relatively young guy.
>>
>>406254
So we just pick which units we want?
If so: Armored Spearmen and Javelineers, Levy Horsemen.
>>
>>406309
Meh 25 in this era is still alright for dishing out punches, people in your profession don't live long past 30. But yeah many saying middle aged was just a stretch, your prime is becoming the past now though.

Also reminder: you have 6 groups of 50, 2 of them can be equipped quite substantially, up to the higher teir.
>>
>>406332

Thats kind of what I had in mind, We are at the end of our prime but giving us a bit more wisdom than we had in our younger days.
>>
>>406332
Also this is a quality of life decision, it's not supper important, just a choice I would have liked to give to the players. This troop tree is also pretty much universal, so soaking it in now and identifying things as they are will get you far in doing war and the like

Whatever you choose I'm still going to write the next portion, I'll wait for you to finish deciding though.
>>
>>406373

I'd say 1 armored spearmen, 1 armored javs, 2 levy slings, 2 levy horsemen
>>
>>406387
Voting for this. Harassment and raiding, go!
>>
Giving a good stretch you groan a bit rolling your shoulders, the light reflecting off the mirror beside your bedding shimmers in your eyes. Swallows are cawing and chirping, everything is as it usually is in the morning.

It's routine by now, looking out into the crisp blue sky and the rolling hills and crags full of weed and rock, then strapping into chain, sliding the seax that you sleep by into the sheath on your bum. Polishing your sword is the favorite part of the morning for you, grinding out all of the scratches fills you with pride.

Strapping on your helmet is the final step. Signaling your captives to unpack your tent signals the new day. Bloody hell Wales is a beauty, too bad it's piss poor. Your already nourished, in fact you probably should take a shit sometime soon, that feast was nasty.

Your most recent victory brought you much glory and... Well not much else, your men are fucking tired of this place, it's either going to be Britain bust next time, and you don't intend to give up this life anytime soon. But there is one crucial problem.

A wife... You've born two bastards, your not that ashamed or anything. Only that you wish you could have done something better for those women you plowed. The boys have been with you now for nine years, one younger than the other by about a year. They hate you with a passion, that is what is expected when you refused to protect their mothers. A bold sacrifice you made, and a foolish one. But that's in the past, your thinking too much.

Your spear and shield are by your horse, glutt and dathi, your most trusted, are giving the order to March. Splashing water on your face you gain a good look on the man you are. Then on goes the helmet and your off best and quickest sods at the front of the procession.

Where to?
>the nearest port you know of, taking the short road home
>the nearest town you know, taking a detour to see what you can do with your wealth in some way.
>go south to the colonies there, the long road home, but there is more wealth to be had... (Ensue jewing)
>write in

Currently writing up character sheet as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 238x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 238x441px
>>406478
Shit forgot character portrait (i.e. Shitty google image picture) I'm running this on the fly, ma bad.
>>
>>406254
1 group armored horse, 1 group armored spears, 1 group levy horse, 1 group levy javelin, 2 group levy spearmen

>>406478
>to the colonies

We have too many mouths to feed and pockets to line, and not enough riches.
>>
>just a reminder you have enough shekels to pay all your troops and a trip home, 2000 silver to be exact. The boat ride is 470 and upkeep is 400 a week
>>
>>406666
Additionally. Character sheet, totally not based off of ck2

Core stats:
>Diplomacy-7d6 proficiency
diplomacy covers diplomacy, shocker
>Stewardship-5d6 proficiency
stewardship covers Jewish proficiency
>Martial-15d6 proficiency
Martial covers how much ass you can kick
>intrigue-6d6 proficiency
Intrigue covers how much of an ass you can be without being caught
>learning-8d6
Learning covers how educated you are

Skills:
>Veteran commander-4d6 extra proficiency doing anything command related
>Spear fighter 2-2d6 extra proficiency when fighting with spears
>Sword fighter 2-2d6 extra proficiency when fighting with swords
>Badass warrior-4d6 extra proficiency to fighting and intimidation checks
>literate-can read and write Latin
>noble upbringing-3d6 proficiency in dealings with those of a lower social class

inventory
>Maile armor-10 extra levels of combat defense, -5 movement when equiped
>long sturdy spear-attack of opportunity over shorter weapons prior to full engagement. Lasts longer in battle
>noble galic sword-really good sword, durable and cuts through bone when two handed like butter
>well bred horse-+10 movement speed over regular horses, can carry chain mail rider, -5 movement when doing so.

Gonna eat dinner, back in 10 min or so
>>
File: image.jpg (988KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
988KB, 1536x2048px
Rolled 1, 6, 1, 4, 5, 1, 5, 2, 3, 5 = 33 (10d6)

>>406575
Ok. Back.

Wales, a land of mountains, hills and a good bit of wealth to be had... But only in certain places, the area you have been patrolling for quite some time now is essentially abandoned, time to head south in search for something worth fighting for. You are not stupid however, well aware of the risk this poses to your men, you take them to the steepest routes around the coast, it may seem risky to others, but you've been around the block enough times to know where and how they will attack you, and natuarlly how to prevent it.

A day passes uneventful. Chats with retainers are kept to a minimum and no one argues with your decision because they know you mean true.

When you are at the foot of a steep mountain however, ponies crest the side of a far off hill, and at the same time, a scout comes riding hard to the front about enemies coming from behind.

Shit, they found you out, but it isn't the end... Unless if it's a combined force of all the nobles in the area. Which would be very bad.

How would you like to deal with this?
Considering the vote before, two people voted for armored javs and spears, two horse and two slingers. That's the setup.

Conventional options
>bull rush forward. Get out of the pass and retain mobility
>hold your ground, split up your front liners to cover both sides and harass with cav as they approach
>climb climb climb. Your soldiers are just as good as the welsh at climbing steep terrain, show them what for.
>>
>>406856
>GTFO out of that place
Fuck wales, England is where the booty at
>>
>>406856
Any option that you chose roll 19d6 from being a godamn based commander.
>>
>>406861
Just one vote? That it? I'll wait another 5 minutes before rolling with it.
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 5, 4, 5, 3, 3, 4, 4, 2, 3, 1, 6, 4, 4, 6, 6, 4, 6 = 80 (19d6)

>>406861
Alright, writing.

Eeeh. You don't want to chance it. This really could turn into a disaster, you start giving orders and move to shatter the enemy forming at the crest of the hill in front of you.
>>
>>406968
Not even a contest.

The enemy, while putting up a good effort in thwarting the thought of charging straight for them, fails at maintaining discipline in the rear. The enemy charges at you, thundering as loud as you are, a sturdy accomplishment considering they are quite a ways away, but you know what to do, your men know what to do. In a matter of seconds your lines and men become disorganized and messy, spears drop, dust piles up and men fall over.

The enemy is reckless and comes ant your rear screaming like a bunch of morons, the cavalry reaches the dust pile first and becomes skewers on spears. Javelins fill the air as victory cries muddle into horrid screams at a comedic rate.

The slingers and horsemen follow your lead to the front, the enemy opens their shield wall to accommodate for archers and opens fire. Leisurely your cavalry move out of the way, your slingers already caught up and are having the first effective shot of the skirmish, dropping quite a few. When the second volley comes in retaliation, shields rise from the dust to cover the slingers and rush forward immediately.

The rear guard did such a good job of slaughtering those fools that they have turned attention practically immediately, a round of javelins hits the archers and boy do they fall.

Now the coup de gra. When everything is focused on the light horse harassing the front of their shield wall, you and your personal guard appear from the midst, crashing into their archer remenants and splitting the formation of a new spear wall the enemy is putting up.

Your camp followers are organizing themselves, attempting not t be in the crossfire. However the enemy at the rear is starting to regain some semblance of order.

What do?

Conventional methods
>continue doing what you are doing, just focus on breaking through
>nah, you got this. Counter charge the enemies at the rear to decimate moral. Also to secure loot
>pull back and consolidate, you have wounded men and loot to secure. The battle is one, hopefully the enemy can see that.

Friendly losses
~40 wounded, some will die within the hour mostly skirmishers
Enemy losses
~200 wounded or killed, fucking rekt. Mostly rear guard idiots with a healthy dose of archer fun
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 1, 2, 2, 6, 1, 6 = 24 (8d6)

>>407088
Rolling for enemy orginization regain
>>
>>407088
>nah, you got this. Counter charge the enemies at the rear to decimate moral. Also to secure loot
We're here for da loot
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 1, 3, 5, 1, 1, 6, 2, 4, 1, 6, 6, 1, 1, 4, 2, 2, 5 = 55 (19d6)

>>407110
Remember to roll guys.
>>
>>405931
What's all this then?
>>
>>407110
Alright nobody replied in five min. Guess I'm writing for countercharge.
>>
>>407172
Read everything so far mate.
>>
First time quests are usually slow m8 Just keep writing and soon you'll get more people
>>
>>407177

As you casually make it to the spear line, with a generous amount of blood on you, you realize something when looking straight in the face of the enemy general from the other side... His forces are pitiful, as in his reserves are practically nil, you could take his head right now.

Nope, better idea. Leaving the corpse you beheaded behind, you turn around and motion for your soldiers to turn tail and swing straight around. The enemy is totally stupefied, what the hell are you doing? But quite honestly, it worked then and it will work now. Leaving these chumps to reorganize and step over their dead friends, you motion your horse back to you and ride to the rear. Your reformations are lackluster this time in comparison to the maneuvers you pulled off before. But that is to be expected as the nature of this battle.

The enemy at the rear is shitting their pants. Some literally, and when the enemy ponies start to try and drive you away, the same happens previously, only the slingers are busy pinning the the other soldiers at the spear wall into submission. This time javelins start to screw them a new one, javelins from your armored foot kind and the ones from your own horses. The enemy ponies are completely screwed. The only ones left are running behind friendly lines and holding onto wounds.

The spearmen who are done milling about, come in and take their time slaughtering some Welshmen. For the most part they run away and drop their weapons and armor, good for them, you would not want to be in their shoes right now.

The enemy commander on the other side of the fence... He wants to leave. His spear wall is being peppered by slingers and his units won't have the range to retaliate unless they pass the wall or give up the hill advantage.

You realize, and the enemy commander realizes that you were outnumbered three to one and dealt a casualty ratio of 5 to 1. Never again will this man underestimate you, you do not know his name yet. But if you gave a damn enough you could look at one of his banners and decipher from heraldry.

What do?

Conventional options
>give chase. This bastard isn't running away from you... But he still has a big force
>recover, then give chase. You'll be quite a ways behind, but you might just be able to do it.
>recover and let the man go, he may be a threat later, but you have more pressing priorities.

>>407211
Thanks mate
>>
>>407272
Also I should say that you can do write-ins. I don't have a problem with that so long as it's actually possible.
>>
>>407272
Charge with your guards and try to kill him, Alexander style
>>
>>407272
>recover, then give chase.
We shouldn't overexert ourselves, but I don't want any recurring villans yet either.
>>
>>407272
>>407272
Put up a white flag, invite him to negotiate. If he doesn't put one up, continue hostilities and slaughter his men, but capture him all the same.
>>
>>407314
He is a bit too far away to feasibly accomplish this. Even by your standards that would be a stretch

>>407320
This can actually be done whilst recovering. Is this acceptable? Or do you just want to let him leave
>>
>>407320
Actually, that's probably a better option.
>>
>>407329
Welp, just chase him then, I don't like a nemesis
>>
Right so I'm writing for:
ask for an audience under a banner of peace, if he tries something shady go after him?
>>
>>407354
Also, make sure some of your men are positioned to cut him off if he tries something.
>>
>>407361
Naturally, after a battle that tense both personal guards will be staring at each other.
>>
>>407329
Yes, let the men recover while we speak to their commander, if he chooses to fight again his men will be shitting themselves while ours are high in morale.

>>407354
pretty much, we are a responsible commander
also this, >>407361, we ride up with eight of our own bodyguard and send the levy horsemen on a wide flank with instructions not to engage cavalry and to await signal.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>407354
Man that was a slaughterer. But your men need to recover now or some of them will die, and yes the lot of them haven't been around since the beginning, that number has fluctuated quite a lot. But the least you could do is not abandon the poor bastards.

This gives you an idea. What if this bastard talked too you? You make the preparations, you set up a flag on you spear nearest to where his troops are while your lads loot and recover

Rolling for result
1 is exactly what you want
2 he runs away like a little bitch
>>
>>407393
Rubs hands greedily.

Writing
>>
>>407393
Fuck yes, prepare an ambush or if it's not possible bring all your guards with you. Either you part as friends or with his head
>>
File: justasplanned.jpg (3KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
justasplanned.jpg
3KB, 160x90px
>>407403
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 450x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 450x572px
>>407403
The son of a whore, he's riding at you, another flag on his spear. You can't help but laugh your ass off. Question is what do you want out of him?

You ponder this as you bring up a translator from one of your Followers. You've been in Wales long enough to understand large parts of their language, even when speaking fast. This should go well in your favor... You can't exactly speak welsh though, vocalizing is a bit tricky so you never bothered.

And here is the man of the hour
What do?

>I'll leave this to write-ins have fun
>>
>>407441
Kill this pompous ass and try to get his men to join us
>>
>>407457
Don't kill him, humiliate him in front of his men. Then convince them to join you.
>>
>>407457
There are a couple ways you could go about doing this.
>just attack him. I don't see how this could possibly go wrong
>cut the bullshit and ask him to duel. D2 to decide what he does
>have some banter, intimidate him. Then force him into a duel on his honor. (Diplo check)
>>
>>407486
We'll see he's a noble with obligations to his people, not a band of Welshman freedom fighters.
>>
>>407486
Though if you really wanted to, it would be quite a stretch but it could happen given the right write-ins.
>>
>>407486
Best way to do it is with his head on the flag
>>407495
Taunt then duel sounds like hella fun if he refuses then oh well attack
>>
>>407519
Roll d2 or diplo check?
>>
>>407533
Banter, tell him his momma stinks
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 5, 6, 1, 5, 6 = 28 (7d6)

>>407543
>>
>>407441
I say be straight with him, tell him he has your respect for doing his job, but that there's no more need for good men to die today and that you are willing to accept his surrender for their lives.

If he refuses, his men will think he's a shitlord and may be inclined not to support him, or even defect to our banner.
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 1, 2, 1, 6, 6, 2, 1, 5 = 30 (10d6)

>>407543
Rrrrrrolling for welsh fag with the Saxon getup
Roll me a 14d6 for intimidation please
Welsh fag gets a debuf from broken spirit and you get a bonus from flaming spirit plus the badass warrior modifier.
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 3, 5, 4, 1, 5, 3, 5, 5, 5, 3, 4, 3 = 52 (14d6)

>>407559
Or I'll do it that's fine too
>>
>>407567
Almost double over, which would be a great success, still a pretty impressive success though

Writing.
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 5, 2, 3, 4, 3, 6, 4, 5, 6, 3, 3, 6 = 53 (14d6)

>>407559
>>
Rolled 6, 1, 6, 3, 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 3, 1, 4, 5, 2 = 45 (14d6)

>>407519
Hmmm. You know what? Screw this little bitch, pain in the ass almost did damage to your getup. And he didn't even fight you personally! Nope, you got a scratch on your helmet for what a couple dead peasants?

You play all of this through your head, head held up high. You ignore the fact he's still on his horse looking down on you... He's looking down on you...

The largest smile you can think of blinks on your face, and tears start to well in your eyes but you force them down. You only get like this when you are teeming with the will of death in your body.

Speaking slowly so this pigfucker can understand, you ask him how his day was.

He clearly responds to your translator in haphazard rage, the monk at his side. Off he had a monk there? Whatever, point is he said something along the like of whoreson in welsh.

Mhm

You ask him if his men would be so disgustingly inept as to die without putting up a fight. You almost feel bad for this guy. Almost. The translator is sweating her face a new one.

The noble responds with a shaky voice, the monk looking at you like a man looks at a corpse.

Your men are laughing, they don't care what this guy is saying. His men are starting to fumble with their weapons dangerously, your men are starting to fall over from not breathing.

You decide to steel up and process what the translated has to say...

He called you a heretic? A demon? God will smite me? You've heard of Jesus and all that, your parents forced you to baptisation and all the like.

This man is grasping at straws

You put on your sad face, tear your flag off your spear melancholically and ask him to get of his horse and fight for his honor

He is vibrating now.

COMBAT BABY!

Give me 20d6 roll from all bonuses.
>>
Rolled 4, 6, 5, 5, 1, 3, 1, 1, 2, 5, 2, 5, 1, 3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 6, 2 = 61 (20d6)

>>407647
Lob his head clean
>>
>>407657
Not quite, he has a passion bonus. in order to gain a passion bonus you need to be wounded in some significant way, this guy is pious and cares for his people. You killed his people and insulted his religion by casting it aside. If he took more strides to damage your pride you might get a passion bonus

Additionally if you fail passion rolls it really affects your performance. It's kind of like the pendragon system for it but less broken.
>>
>>407674
Whatever the case, writing. And yes he did fail the check, so spoilers it's probably going to be two round combat.

Probably
>>
>>407674
Give me a tldr of the system, never heard of it
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>407657
Before the fight starts, he pulls his horse off to the side extremely aggressively. This makes the horse anxious and starts to kick, this stupid fuck jumps towards you and lands face first in the mud and blood of his own soldiers. Not even standing up, he screams like a barbarian and scampers haphazardly towards you barely covering any ground. He's got dedication you have to give him that.

He starts by lunging at you full force, your men are struggling to get back into position. His men are close to charging, his lunge goes straight at you. Divine fury actually does something, huh.

Well whatever, with a knock of your shield, his spear goes flying up past you with lots of speed. You just barely are able to stab him in his hind foot.

His biggest mistake was not letting go of the spear. You let go of yours and pretend like he is getting the better of you.

And in a flash, the seax on your back flings with quite the speed and buries into his shoulder. One, Two, three times. It gets stuck on bone on the third. You just leave it there, he collapses and finally lets go of his spear, reaching for his sword.

Rolling d2
1 his men charge
2 they don't and watch

(Also my bad for not putting the seax on the character sheet, I mentioned it before but I guess I forgot to put it in. No worries I'll do it.)
>>
>>407686
Pendragon is set in the events of King Arthur and shit, there are otherworldly elements and it focuses on the changes in the world. The players have minimal impact. It really just is focused on Knights and shit.

Also you guys are having some really. Ice luck on top of the badass stats I gave you
(You will have to deal with people coming after you using other means than war. Bit of a spoiler, but you knew it was going to have to happen anyway)
>>
>>407732
Alright guys roll me another 20d6 for effect. Rolling for this poor bastard
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 6, 2 = 32 (7d6)

>>407762
My bad
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 3, 5, 3, 6, 3, 1, 4, 6, 1, 3, 2, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 5 = 67 (20d6)

>>407762
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 2, 6, 3, 5, 4, 4, 5, 5, 1, 4, 5 = 76 (20d6)

>>407762
rollin to crush him so bad his men swear allegiance
>>
>>407798
>more than half
Fun times

Writing.
>>
>>407809
Stick his head on his own flag then make his men join if they refuse enslave them
>>
>>407809
This little kid can't deal with the pain, his life is over, you own his life now.

His men, the monk, they know they should help but he's just... Too far away... They cry and they plead for mercy on his behalf.

The little shit stands up, his breathing sporadic. He seems to have never fought an opponent in this situation before, in fact he hasn't faced many opponents. The only thing he has is training and a sword arm.

After his fit of backing up and gaining distance, which you allow. You were more scared of what his men would do, now the situation is more manageable that they will stay back and not trample you.

He pulls the seax out quickly and tosses it over to you with a suppressed Yelp. Hmm this kid can't be more than 18, his beard is large but his eyes are... Well young.

An overhead comes in. You counter with a feint. Rolling down to protect you face, then twisting your whole body into a thrust up which cuts off his pinky and ring fingers. His face contorts in pain.

A spin from you puts you at enough dramatic momentum to remove his head from his shoulders. He blocks at the last second, but it only glances, you change the direction of the strike and splice his forward knee in two, digging deep into the bone on his shin.

You put pressure on the same foot, the one that was stabbed and yank the sword out quickly, but not cleanly. He falls down. At this rate he will bleed to death, his face is already white from shock. One well place thrust would do it, but instead you hesitate...

>spare him in exchange for valuables and the wealth of his holding
(The loyalty of his men will always fall to him, sorry to say. And you have a reputation for fucking up the welsh)

>kill him and be done with it
(you have a guaranteed chance of gaining the loot on the ground by doing this. The welsh will demand the bodies of the fallen if he lives. Refusing would boil tensions and cause some problems passing a hard diplo check would seal the deal.)
>>
>>407883
>kill him and be done with it
Fuck those inbreds
>>
>>407883
Kill him, don't make a spectacle out of it, just kick aside his blade and slide yours right into his heart. Tell the rest of his men that they're at your mercy and that you're putting them on body retrieval, both yours and theirs.
>>
Writing for fucking his shit
>>
>>407912
Don't forget to loot their bodies, we're the victors after all
>>
>>407912
No, he will die anyways. Best to drive your point to these guys.

One final step on his chest breaks your unwillingness to kill, even if it was only for a second. Your blade slips with a fury into his screaming mouth, tearing the muscles which keep the jaws in place and splitting his tongue grotesquely. The point goes to the back of the throat as he struggles desperately, now grabbing at your blade and bleeding profusely.

Blood explodes from his mouth in a kind of fountain. You twist and push deeper to finish it. Breaking his teeth and forcefully pushing open his jaw. Pulling out is still hard, the jaw muscles he has left are working 100% to keep that sword from moving and his hands are doing the same.

The final result is a corpse with a few less fingers and teeth and a lot less blood.

You call over the translator without breaking a sweat, cleaning your blade which for all intensive purposes is drenched.

The poor lass is practically about to throw up, as amateur of fact just when she tries to keep her composure she does just that. Is it the veins still attaches to some of the teeth? Is it his lips that are scraped and cut open from the twisting? The unnatural amount that his jaw flies open?

Whatever the case, you make your demands. All the fuckers that want to live and not see their homes burn and families killed, drop all of your wealth on hand and leave with a train of naked bodies.

The look on their faces are not very dissimilar to that of the young lording.

Congrats! You got lut! Anything else you wanna do?
>>
>>407984
>amuetur
You know what I mean. The challanges of writing on an ipad. Fuck this inferior tech
>>
>>407984
Rape slaves, the translator would be a good start
>>
>>408007
Meh, compared to what I wrote so far that seems a bit out of character.
>>
>>408016
Just slaves then, pretty sure they got some undesirables or such that they won't mind getting sold back home
>>
>>408035
Well, I did write that these guys can go home if they just left all of their shit and all of their comrades' shit.

Tell you what you could do some underhanded shit and take the wounded as slaves, though ruairi did promise to give them the bodies.

I will leave the vote open until there are more people, I'm going to sleep. I'll bare back in ~8 hours to run in the morning.
If you want to see this thread finished bump out of interest.

Additionally I'd love some feedback. First time running and I feel like I ostrisized too many people from writing too much with a larger gap and making lots of rules and shit out of the ether. Also it's mid night east coast.
I dunno gimme tips if your a vet please. Preciate it.
>>
>>408058
Yeah wounded sounds good
You're good OP it's a new quest so it's expected, don't expect insta answers and always listen to player input, even if we run ourself down. Your writing style is decent enough, people don't really care how long it is but how often you update, also start a few hours earlier cause the board is most active then
>>
>>408111
Oh and people here love lewd shit, gotta get used to it
>>
>>408058
I vote against taking and raping slaves.
>>
>>408111
>>408921
Right sorry I'm a bit late. So I got one vote for trying to capture slaves amongst the wounded and one for not taking slaves. Currently doing wealth calculations and I have to say, maybe I'm being a bit generous... Or maybe it's all as planned...
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>408978
Oops forgot my trip.
Alright rolling d2 for result
1-try to take slaves amongst the captives (intrigue roll)
2-nah, don't .
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 5, 2, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6, 2, 4, 3 = 46 (12d6)

>>408982
Anybody wanna roll me a 6d6 in intrigue?
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 1 = 17 (6d6)

>>408984
Slow crowd. I want to leave the vote open longer but I already made the rolls. So let's just do this shit. I'll be back for the new vote on the result at about 6:30 to seven, that's when I'll run till midnight.
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 4, 5, 6, 1 = 20 (6d6)

>>408984
>>
>>408984
>>408987
Prepare for severe failure.

Holy hell your brilliant! Brilliant! If you just heal the wounded and bring them as slaves to work in the colonies, well what could possibly go wrong?

You start without hesitation, overseeing large amounts of prisoners being hauled into your camp. Seeing the state of these soldiers know makes the common man think they would not make for good selling material, but hell at least it will pay for medical expenses plus extra. You know what to get when you get to the south.

-medical supplies. You have used enough medicine to heal your own group and a band just as large on top of that.

However, the enemy catches sight of this, quite quickly might it be added. Perhaps discretion and a slow speed would have been better? The bodies out of your reach have all ready had the weapons stripped off and given to you as per the agreement, but they are taking the wounded home.

With the welsh reporting you to their commanders, you order these men to be hidden and to make shure that they are not to be seen outside the tents. Perfect.

One of the bastards comes to you, signaling to meet outside your camp. He has the common courtesy to get off his horse however.

your translator comes, but by then you have heard some depressing things from the Welshman communicating with the damned priest. first off is the fact that he knows your hiding something. Why would your camp stop celebrating victory to pick up welsh corpses, they hold no value to you.

Additionally, a man is screaming Welsh inside one of the healing tents. Fuck. You overlooked a lot of things. The only possible course of action is to soften the blow somehow, every Welshman alive here, even the ones you mean to sell of into slavery will tell the tale of your unrivaled ability to break deals, even under the eyes of God and how you are a scourge who probably couldn't care less about any human.

This is very. Very bad.

Fuck the welsh and fuck the opinions of foreigners but this will hit home, the last safe haven for your reputation. You have to say, do, act out something right now, else your ruined.

What do?
Conventional options
>simply give them back the men, healed and cleaned. This will spread rumors of a certain kind of cowardice in addition to you and your men being backstabbing cannibals from hell, but rumors are not overwhelming support of you actually being a backstabbing cannibal from hell
>intimidate check. Literally try to pass off like you are a cannibal demon to these people, chance that they will fight. People will probably know about what happened here unless you take serious lengths to stop the rumors.
>diplo check. Stall for time. Somehow
>fuck his shit and chase down all the welsh. Low chance of any effective success.
>>
>>408992
If I don't have two people comment by 12, then I'll write when I get home at 7
>>
>>408992
>fuck his shit and chase down all the welsh. Low chance of any effective success.
Fuck those sheep fuckers leave no one alive
>>
>>408993
Right it's 12. I'll be checking on my phone for votes while I'm gone, he'll I might even write.
>>
>>409006
+1
>>
>>408992
>Kill this shit and chase down the Welsh
>>
>>409332
>>409006
>>409269
Right so three votes for dishonoring the deal and laying waste to them asap.
Think I might call the vote there and start writing. It'll take a while for obvious reasons.

And if you think I'm trying to fake being op, then when he comes back he will validate these posts.
>>
>>409448
Hey OP started reading your thread, seems fun. The first thread is always slow.
First you got to lay down the bait and once you got a few anons. You hook them in and they keep coming back for more.
Also getting a twitter helps a lot. :^) Friendly neighborhood Inky here
>>
>>409448
These fools are not leaving here alive, not on your watch. You've been fumbling with your beard for some time now, more than it is expected to answer. The best way to defuse this situation is to obliterate it. You realize this now.

Approaching the man on the horse cordially, you signal your translator to come closer. Your helmet is off, but that only makes you look less threatening. If you charge the lordling's second now while he has no shield or spear, the only advantage-or disadvantage depending on how you attack. Would be the horse he is on.

The largest issue is his guard unit. The field of battle is even, behind you is your camp, behind them is the incline they were charging down. The grass and loose firm soil your on has been mostly removed of corpses, but still bloody.

How do you approach this? you have your sword which can be quite the danger when two handed and your trusty seax.

I'll leave it up to write-ins.

You guys are gonna get into deep shit if you don't pull this off right.

(You can die, and take over one of your bastards, they are children approaching manhood. playing them will destroy the advantages you have
So far, just so your aware of the risk)

I tried to keep it more concise than usual, failed miserably
>>409471
Thanks trip bro.
>>
>>409513
Or rather, the soil is firm but small particles of rock will function as dust if kicked up enough.

Wanna set the stage for those creative anons ya know?
>>
>>409522
>>409513
I'm thinking, still here
>>
>>409513
Alright I got a plan.
1. We reach up and pull the Welsh down from his horse
2. If it works, he fall on his back, slightly shun for a bit.
3.We kick him while he down while going for our seax.
4.We stab him in his rib cage aiming for his heart or neck.
5. We stay on this battlefield, because if we fall back the welsh will have the high ground.
6. Have them come to us, while we pepper them with range.
7.Break them by charging at them, with the bloody ground they trip and fall on eachother.
That the plan so far.
>>
>>409591
Reminder that only a handful of men are starting to come to you. You'll be alone for the first parts of the engagments. I'll be back in like 4 hours
>>
>>409606
Alright see you in 4 hours the plan is this
1. We reach up and pull the Welsh down from his horse
2. If it works, he fall on his back, slightly shun for a bit.
3.We kick him while he down while going for our seax.
4.We stab him in his rib cage aiming for his heart or neck.
5. Hop on his horse as fast as possible and go back to your men.
6. We stay on this battlefield, because if we fall back the welsh will have the high ground.
7. Have them come to us, while we pepper them with range.
8.Break them by charging at them, with the bloody ground they trip and fall on eachother.
That the plan so far.
>>
>>409622
I'm gonna add that we should block the way out of the battlefield so no sheep shaggers can escape
>>
>>409880
Okay, I have ten minutes to write so sadly I can't do jack on my phone, but I will say that the battlefield is somewhat reminiscent of the previous picture uploaded. There are two enemy camps, both on elevated positions on the two sides of the pass. They either have to keep being split up, cross the hills and mountains to the east. Or jump and drown in the western waters. They have no cavalry, all horses and ponies are lame and out of commission besides the ones in front of you... Or so you can tell.
>>
Will write in 2 hours
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1, 6, 1, 5 = 30 (10d6)

>>410148
Oh shit that's right give me a combat roll of 21d6 fighting test.
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3, 4, 1, 1, 1, 5, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5 = 72 (21d6)

>>410154
>>
>>410158
Alright, sorry mates I did the math wrong when asking for the duel and battle rolls.
This time I'll be more vigilant and have character sheet open at all times. Newfag mistakes.

Writing.
>>
>>410158
Death to your enemies. Fuck em all!

These shit heads are always causing you problems, so practically in seconds your in full sprint and at swords reach of the bastard's horse. If you can kill off these mounted men with him, you will have little to no trouble protecting your reputation.

Your men... Some of them will need a bit of convincing, now is not the time.

The man is thrown off his horse completely a recently dodged horse kick puts you in a position of a charging spear wielder, the last of the horse's jugular falls on your hair and face when the retainer's strike flies in front of his horses eyes, diverting it slightly, just enough time and space to slide down the length of the shaft, ruin his hand completely and pull his arm towards you. Another neck ruined.

The Welshman who fell starts to get up.

A spear comes out of practically nowhere from the left and cuts a good bit of hair off your mane. Your neck seems fine though, sword flashing red with fresh blood from the man you just stabbed you dip down and place the handle of your sword on your mouth.

You misjudged the speed at which these horsemen respond, their spears are practically right on top of you when the dust goes flying.

You aquire a nasty cut on your cheek and a really prominent bruise on your shoulder, otherwise you flash your sword and dash forward low, the horses start screaming in pain. At the same time loose stones hit men and make them put their shields up.

This gives you just enough time to grab more residue from the ground and throw it up, injure a few horses with deliberate draw cuts, and even have the momentum to cut a man's spear arm off.

And in the dust lies the monk, two retainers. And the new shitlord, back on the ground again with the messy composure and bloody face, he was trampled at least 3 significant times. Judging by the look at how he grabs himself.

Then just as you think you have them, commotion stirs from the camp beyond, men are running down the hill. And someone was stupid enough to gallop in your general direction. The beauty of passes, troops can only go a couple ways. He will catch wind of you if you do nothing, More likely than that, he will ride past you and far away from here at that.

Screams are not so distant, a broken spear lies close to a man who fell off his horse, you can't tell if he is dead.

What do?

The monk and all those fools don't know your dead yet.

I'll leave it to the write-ins.
That will better compensate the badass nature of this character with a bit of situational challenge.
>>
>>410581
Clarification: when the dust went flying and the horses were wounded, they started charging out of rage, fear and pain. They are now ingaged with your guys.
>>
>>410597
Also sorry for th id change, will confirm once home.
>>
>>410581
Can we sneak in to their camp?
>>
>>410648
We'll see the shitty thing about passes is that men can only pass in one direction, and since they are coming from the high ground on one side you would literally fighting an uphill battle against a fuck ton of welsh.
This also means that you only have one good solid chance of taking out the rider before you have to give chase.
>>
>>409606
>>410154
>>410581
Confirming all QM like activities are puppetry by the mastermind ShitQM
>>
Right, so do you guys want a full picture of the situation?
>>
>>410716
Well not a full picture, fuck I'm stumbling on my words, forget it if you want to know something position wise or who goes where just ask.
>>
>>410716
It would make things clearer
Watching the dumpster fire that is the DNC kek
>>
>>410827
No idea what that is.
basically this is it in chronological order
>rushed up, sword was drawn and the horse got half of its neck cut
>stepped of to the right as the now main baddy Welshman flew back on his ass
>got a bit closer, put sword in mouth after wiping off blood with a fancy twirl
>hit the dirty while they were charging you, grabbed dirt. Jumped up at the last second when they could have skewered you, sprayed sand and other nasty Shit in their faces. These guys are pretty much all on ponies and horses btw.
>used that as a distraction to sprint forward head down, slashed and stabbed at horses and bros. nice moves! dust and support from allied ranged units both covered you and made the enemy think you were dead, currently charging in a fury to the camp.
>really don't be supprised at all if your troops think your dead too
>The guy who fell of his horse got trampled in the charge a bit, monk fucker and two guys on foot are with him, trying to recover his physical condition
Really big mistake here, like really big. Those two guys that are with him are holding the monk's horse and the two ponies, sorry for letting that slip.
>additionally one of the riders broke off from the charge and is heading in your general direction, is heading to the camp on the north side, the side where new enemy hq is and the side where you Wrecked most of their horses. the side where you came from.
>additionally enemy reinforcments are inbound and running down the hill to your position, a hundred at least. Disorganized however, the same is presumably happening on the other side where you almost broke through in the first engagement. The enemy has a second camp there.

The enemy switched their personal guard to the other side where the second-now primary-in command was originally stationed. They are tasked with protecting the lord lines body and the new commander. The personal guard with the lording have already left, they will only know of the duel and not the betrayal. That's why the horses are there now instead of the south side.
>>
>>410926
So final recap of the current pickle your in. A messenger broke off from the charge and is heading north towards your general direction, presumably to tell of betrayal and to rally the remaining Welshmen.
The new guy who is leading the welsh now is on his ass and surrounded by the monk who is healing him and two bros which are holding on to the monk's horse and the two ponies that are their own.
Both of these groups cannot see you from the dust kicked up in the charge, but that will go away very soon. The clock is ticking
Less immediate but still serious concerns are the welsh running down the hill to more effectively Incircle your men whilst they are encamped.
>>
>>410960
Resources you can use to deal with the situation.
>a sword and seax
>a broken spear next to a guy who may or may not be dead
>lots of running
>not enough time. Unless provided with sufficient write-ins.
>>
>>410960
Throw you seax at the messenger then try to kill their trampled in the face leader, shouldn't be that hard
>>
Waiting 10 minutes for replies.
>>
>>410987
Well alright, guess the thread stops today folks. Unless enough people call to continue until midnight I'll run part two Friday.
>>
>>410983
This
I'm here OP
>>
Shit sorry I'm late guys. Won't be able to run the full stretch, matter of fact I'll be clamped down on the rest of this week. I will run starting Friday morning. This seems like a good place as ever to stop

(How the fuck do you archive shit On suptg? I'll try to do it on my own anyways)
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.