[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Quest with a twist!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 2

File: 1439102798821.jpg (4MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
1439102798821.jpg
4MB, 2700x6000px
I'v never run a civ quest but its the weekend and I'v had a few beers so let's try it. Decide amongst yourselves what race to play, first 2-3 votes wins. For this civ game the players will be members of a ruling group, so they each can create a unique character, if they want, to act as a special unit.
>>
>>401009
What about warm, Southern-European-style islands? We could be humans, or maybe iguanataurs.
>>
>>401009
>Machines
>Hell
>>
>>401009
Lets do humans and maybe a Midwest America plains type of area.
>>
>>401049
I like this one.
>>
>>401086
This one is actually pretty cool sounding but how would it work?
>>
Humans, machines, iguanataurs?
Y'all should talk to eachothers!
I like all them ideas
>>
>>401049
Maybe we could meet in the middle. We could be damned Humans in hell and our first goal is to climb our way out.
>>
>>401137
I imagine notHephaestus' machines going rogue

>>401162
That would be interesting
I might start it as humans in a hellish desert, unless yall want something different
>>
>>401086
We already did a machines in hell civ, though.
>>
>>401183
Hellish desert could work, but I think we would try to get the hell out of the desert right away
>>
>>401197
>>401183
Then maybe a desert island, if you're set on a desert for some reason?
>>
>>401259
lol dont mind, just wasnt sure how to do hell, Humans on islands it will be.
Near by is a plains continent

Ok, while I write up the start can those playing make up a character please. Just state some general traits and goals on what they want to achieve for the civ.
>>
>>401290
I am one of the top Generals and have been gamed for my defense of the nation when the Orcs attacked 10 years ago. I think the goal will stay the same, conquer lands and make a Human Empire. The Human category said we have an extra trait, so do you as the QM want to pick it
>>
>>401290
Just an anonymous tribal elder.
>>
File: 1379014009001.jpg (97KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379014009001.jpg
97KB, 1600x800px
This world is young. The elders have passed down stories of the old land, of a different time. Passing's of tales from generation to generation have told the truth of this world: Gods are real. In the ancient times the gods waged war and blasted the world asunder, from the debris of their magic laden war machines and spells a spark was given. The creatures of the land surged to life, growing on small chunks of land that litter a vast sea.

We are humans, it is said that our ancestors pre dated the War of Gods, how little that matters now. We are a ragged group that has come to call this island chain home. The island we inhabit has enough jungle fruit and animals to give us sustenance, but we yearn for more. From the dissent of stagnation agents of change arose, they founded the council, made to guide our people as we fulfill our destinies.

Stats:
Small island: will sustain small population, has resources to build

Actions: choose to explore, build, research, or whatever strikes your fancy!

Still looking for the people that will make up the council (1-6 player characters plz)

>>401380
Choose any trait you would like. The general will be a famed member from another Empire, now stuck on this island. (backstory up to you)

>>401411
Ah yes, an Elder, one who speaks for the people with the wisdom of many years.
>>
>>401458
While I will probably speak up mainly during the battles and engagements, I think we really need to look into more farmable land on the island. Anywhere we can put crops down.
>>
>>401458
What's our drinking water situation? Are we drinking from springs and streams?
>>
>>401458
Oh yea, council meetins are held every week to decide the actins for that week. Populations is roughly 60 or so, food is hunter gatherer style, water is gotten from clean inland streams.

In this council meeting General Linden has suggested farmland be built
>>
>>401519
Also roll a d20 for the action you choose, takes 20ish people for an actin so yall have three, one for each council member and a shared one or spot for another player
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>401474
Here is mine but I assume the other tribal leader wants a more steady water system like wells.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>401458
Research better clothes.
>>
>>401576
The council has decided to focus great effort in creating a farm. This week a large plot equal to about 1/4 the island has been cleared. With the elders wisdom fertile land is used for the farm. The general helps to keep the wild creatures at bay and no one is lost in the clearing process. Will take 3 more actions/weeks to build a farm (less if more actions used).

>>401611
Research under way, basic ling cloths have been used thus farm (2 more actions). Back ground for the new council member?
>>
>>401634
My actions will continue to go to the farms.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>401634
Make new stories.
>>
>>401654
The land is being tilled and furrows dug. 2 more turns to complete.

>>401670
Your workers have managed to use the vines and bark to create protective light armor outfits. It will require one more turn to perfect.

The week passes uneventfully asides from the continued work. Yall can choose what default actions happen is a player is late in posting or whatever
>>
>>401670
Stories like fables of our tribe?
>>401708
Lets just continue steadily
>>
>>401719
Yes.
>>401708
Let's perfect those armors. Our boys need it. If I late-post then I usually pick a cultural thing like singing, clothes, trade and such.
>>
>>401719
>>401737
Got it. can I get 2 quick rolls for each? d20 plz
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>401757
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>401757
>>
>>401760
The farm is completed. Its rows are straight with a irrigation channel dug for easy watering. Small animal pens are also built to farm the islands mini wild boars. The farm will sustain a population of 100ish citizens.

>>401772
The armors are finished, with the vines being so exclusively designed that the armor sizes can adjust to fit all members of the small village.

At this council meeting General Linden and Madame Circe share their triumphs as they plan the future endeavors of their society.

Citizens: 60ish Humans

Upgrades:
Farm (supports up to 100 citizens)
Light Bark Armor: bonus AC for citizens
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>401831
Well good. I want our citizens to start experimenting with designs for preserving foods better
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>401848
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>401831
It's time to we start preserving our history as well. Research writing.
>>
>>401848
>>401866
I'll round the result cuz that was a sexy d100 roll lol
A man comes to you with an idea from the farm "General Linden, we my help our foods to keep longer if we can keep them cold, by digging deep into the ground the food will remain edible for much longer." Food stores will take 2 actions to build.

>>401875
You gather the intelligent ones from the village and set them to work on creating a system of dialogue to be written. Lime stone slabs are used to write down stories. Will take 2 more turns to research and implement writing.

Yall have 3 actions total. What will be the outcome of this weeks council meeting?
>>
>>401907
We should explore the land around our home. Maybe name it afterward.
>>
>>401925
Roll to explore and what directions? NSEW?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>401935
West
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>401907
I want to now switch focus to new weapons. Any kinds that our citizens can use well
>>
>>401946
Wait, I got ahead of myself, sorry. Vessels must first be made. In a week your scouts are able to create small rafts that can be used to reach islands in close proximity. They use the week to build simple wood rafts, mainly just a bunch of logs tied together and some branch oars. Simple exploration can now be achieved or improvements upon the "ships"

>>401972
You hand select special men from their tasks and set them about coming up with weapons. With your commander experience you set them to work creating simple club/axes out of branches, vines, and stones. 1 more turn to complete

Citizens: 60ish Humans

Upgrades:
Shoddy rafts: can stransport 20 humans for expoolration
>>
>>402016
Continue with the weapons
I would also remind lurkers that it is not too late to join
>>
>>402016
Keeping forgetting we're on an island. This is a good time to make lists so keep on working on writing.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>402027
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>402038
>>
>>402059
Well, the "13"s streak had to end sometime.
>>
>>402039
Forgot Name
>>
>>402027
>>402039
Totally true! easily room for one more on the council, more can easily be added. All I need is a little bit of character creation for your council member and a d20 roll for your action.
Construction on the weapons continues and advanced (choose axes or clubs) are made and distributed amongst the stronger half of the citizens for added protection. Some citizens suggest forming a militia to aid General Linden in securing the emergent town.

>>402038
>>402059
Ah my bad, been drinking to much lol keep forgetting the lists. The scouts are sent out to the west, little information is gathered. The rafts are abushed, lucky only 2 are slain, surviors think they saw scaled creatures slinking away from the small attack. The scouts bring talk of a great land, found far across the ocean from the cluster of islands. No improvements to the rafts can be thought of for the time being

Citizens: 55ish Humans

Upgrades:
Weapons: axes/clubs bonous attack for citizens
Shoddy rafts: can transport 20 humans for exploration.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>402126
Select ten of the strongest men and train them. I choose axes also. If the weapon research is done, I would like to focus on improving the rafts.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>402126
Improve those rafts into some defensible.
>>
>>402159
General Linden splits his forces. Some chop down trees to strengthen their swings and practice dueling with eachother. The other chunck of Lindens chosen help to improve the rafts, making the decks larger and more stable so they can move and attack freely.

>>402167
Madame Cerci sends her intelligent citizens to improve the rafts, working with Lindens chosen they create defensive structures around the edges of the rafts. Furthermore an intelligent citizen notes that when a piece hangs off the raft it slows the vessel down, pulling it in one direction. Perhaps the same can be replicated at the rear of the raft allowing for more control?

Citizens: 50ish Humans, 10 Soldiers (Lindens Chosen)

Upgrades:
Weapons: axes/clubs bonus attack for citizens
Small rafts: can transport 20 humans for exploration, have rails for defense, stable footing for soldiers.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>402241
Work on writing.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>402241
Have the citizens work on alternate building methods for houses
>>
>>402289
Your citizens have discovered a method of writing down their stories. Blocks of sandstone are used to record the peoples stories and history. Unfortunately sandstone will fade with time.

>>402295
The people have found that wooden structures can be built. but it will require tome to build the wooden houses.(1 more turn)

For the third action scouts are sent out to the southern islands, there they find another small civilization of humans. These tribal's appear to be friendly, but have almost no technology, only one small potato farm.
Citizens: 50ish Humans, 10 Soldiers (Lindens Chosen), ?tribal's?

Upgrades:
Weapons: clubs bonus attack for citizens, axes for soldiers
Small rafts: can transport 20 humans for exploration, have rails for defense, stable footing for soldiers.
Writing: sandstone hieroglyphics
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>402352
Have select citizens procreate with the opposite sex. Continue to build houses.

>>402289
Madame, we should talk about what will happen in the next couple of years
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>402352
Let's try exploring again, this time East.
>>402371
What do you wish to do?
>>
>>402385
These rolls are going to kill our civ quickly.
>>
>>402385
Well we must expand our civilization to the new lands we have discovered, but we must also hold on to these lands that have been with us for generations. I will take 20 citizens to this new land and set up a new village while you improve the village we have now.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>402352
Imma join in. Lord Aplin an intelligent man who wants magic.

I take like 10 people and try to recreate the magic the gods did.
>>
>>402409
I think we should wait until we have a bit of a overpop. first.
Though with these rolls, it might not happen for a while.
>>
>>402431
Magic could be cool. Would it be used for military applications?
>>
>>402409
>>402397
Need a roll for the third action of integration with the southern island. if thats what yall doing

>>402431
Lord Aplin of the southern island has been attempting to recreate magic, so far the efforts have proven fruitless, but surely it is possible with a bit of luck.
>>
>>402452
Agricultural and scientific. If any militaristic things are found you can have them. Also battle mages will be a class.
>>
>>402352
Still taking counsel members?
>>
>>402441
Well when the new houses are done, I will try to find more arable land
>>402453
We're not doing it yet.
>>402471
Pretty sure we are.
>>
>>402471
I can squeeze in another, bringing it to 4 total council members
>>
>>402453
Not yet. We don't even have a good defense at home yet.
>>
>>402487
Whispers to Madame. "BAAAATTLE MAAAGES"
>>
>>402501
Well I am sure we could formulate some sort of home guard. A militia of types

>>402471
Whats your specialty
>>
>>402482
>>402476
>>402514

Rad

Ill be dennis Forston specializing in technology and inventions
>>
I SHALL JOIN!
EVERYONE SHALL KNOW THE GLORY OF THE LIGHT!
I DEMAND LAND FOR A CHURCH OF THE LIGHT!
IF YOU DON'T COMPLY YOU SHALL ALL BE SMITED!
THE LIGHT ALSO DEMANDS I SHOUT ALOT
I'M SORRY ABOUT THAT.
>>
>>402541
So the religious leader?
>>
Wait.. No, if I read this correctly the light actually demands that
"I spread the faith as though I'm shouting it from the mountain tops"
Not in a literal sense, thankfully.
Either way I would like to be a priest of the light.
>>
>>402558
Yes, I would very much enjoy to be the religious leader of the community.
FOR THE LIGHT!
In hindsight I think I must just enjoy shouting alot.
>>
>>402541
>>402559
Well I guess our new priest is enthusiastic to say the least
>>
>>402371
Ritual dances for procreation are held in hopes to increase breeding.

>>402385
The scouts sent to the east report back that there are a few barren islands and a bast see out to the east. Nothing of note lies to that area. Ill fate strikes one of the rafts and it is destroyed upon the rocks loosing its crew -10 pop.

>>402441
>>402476
I'm gonna speed some things up and give yall the southern island for a quicker growth of the civ. With the expansion of your civilization comes the growth of the council. Some new members have been added.
Citizens: 100ish Humans, 15 Soldiers (Lindens Chosen),

Upgrades:
North island:
-Farm (supports up to 100 citizens)
-Light Bark Armor: bonus AC for citizens
-Weapons: clubs bonus attack for citizens, axes for soldiers
-Small rafts: can transport 20 humans for exploration, have rails for defense, stable footing for soldiers.
-Writing: sandstone hieroglyphics

Southern island:
-small farm (supports 50 citizens)
-magics? no successful attempts have been made, but rumors persist, something about a lord of light
Ok, reseting the turn clocks, the council can now talk about what actions and directions they want to take the civ. A continent and possibly evil lizard folk reside to the west, nothing to the east, south bound holds the second island, and north is unexplored. Each player gets 2 actions to spend.

Offish topic but I got invited out to the bars so I might disappear for a hour or 2 soon, sorry yall.
>>
>>402600
See you later. Have a good time.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>402600
Don't worry about it.I want another 15 men trained to fight.
>>
Construct a church, and have all of the inhabitants of Southern Island pray to the light.
Surely together,
WE CAN INVOKE THE LIGHT TO PURGE THE WORLD OF EVIL.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

A GLORIOUS ROLL, IN HONOR OF THE LIGHT!
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>402600
hope you enjoy yourself.

Also i'm gonna take 15 men to research/build digging equipment
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>402610
Improve writing
>>
>>402624
I already did my roll, I'll need roughly 30 Men, 20 to construct the Church, and 10 to become well versed Monks of the light. HOWEVER, EVERYONE ON SOUTHERN ISLAND SHALL PRAY TO THE LIGHT!
>>
>>402657
Why do you need separate builders and monks? Couldn't the builders just become monks?
>>
>>402600
Keep doin dem magics. Take another 10 so everyone on the south is split between the light and magic.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>402679
forgot roll.

Start a religion called The Tomes and have it be about knowledge and magic.
>>
Aight, be home in 10 min. Is te council still present?
>>
>>403503
Here but I don't know about the rest of the council.
I got a little wasted myself
>>
>>403511
Ah oh no, continue tomorrow? For now while on idle te people master writing, just need better materials to write. South Island starts building a large hall to worship the lord of light. Gonna need a few turns to build. So anyway, maybe continue at 2pm tomorrow? Will try to resurrect thread, Godspeed all council members, survive the week
>>
>>403511
But awe yee turn up!
>>
>>403511
2 p.m. sounds good. I'll probably just have my 30 soldiers land on the new island and set up a new town
>>
>>403708
Still alive OP?
>>
>>401196
Does anyone have a link? Ive been waiting months for a machine thread.
>>
Too bad. It was getting good.
>>
Anyone interested in runing a similar civ quest? I really liked this one. Or maybe recomend where people go for civ quests?
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.