[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Necron Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 17

File: Necron Map.png (21KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
21KB, 1152x648px
----------------------PROTOCOL 24 ENGAGED----------------------
Activating Memory Banks . . . Failure
Attempting Data Repair . . . Failure
Activating Reanimation Protocols . . . Failure
Engaging Resurrection Orb . . . Failure
Activating Cryptek Assisted Repair . . . Failure
Engaging Conciousness . . . Success
----------------------PROTOCOL 24 SUCCESS----------------------
You awake to a thousand scarabs trying to repair you and finding no detectable fault. Of course, you know what's wrong. You rigged it to fail. The systems had awoken you far too often for something negligable which your lower lords could handle. You've set it to awaken you only if one of your lowers agrees to it.
"Whats happened this time?" You ask your cryptek, who's just standing sleeping cell currently.
"Well, you've been asleep for 1000 years, and all the lower lords have revolted and taken some part of the army." It explains. You thought those people were tied to your will.
"Why didn't you wake me sooner? How much of my army is left?" Questions are flowing through your brain, and you'd like to ask a lot more than just those two.
"Well, as you know, you could only be awoken through a lower lords authorization. The rest of not being awoken you can figure out. Currently left of our army is:
25 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
500 Necron Warriors
50 Necron Immortals
20 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
10 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
The Lords thankfully didn't take anything thats still asleep. Our canoptek scarab swarms and spyders are working on awakening as we speak."

"So if they've all taken off with my army, why isn't the imperial guard gone according to the scanners?"
"The Lords have been busy warring against each other, making and breaking alliances. The Imperial Guard has up to recently taken a very defensive stance. Although they've recieved reinforcements not to long ago so they seem to be going on the offensive."

You have 1 combat and 1 non combat action per turn, which may increase as you get more "leaders" capable of acting by themselves.

a canoptek scarab swarm can awaken/construct 1 "necron" each turn
a canoptek spyder can awaken/construct 5 "necrons" each turn in addition to being good combatants

1 Canoptek Scarab Swarm = 1 necron
1 Necron Warrior = 1 necron
1 Immortal = 2 necrons
1 Lychguard = 10 necrons
1 Deathmark = 10 necrons
1 Canoptek Spyder = 10 necrons
1 Ghost Ark = 75 necrons
1 Night Scythe = 100 necrons
>>
>>390011
I'd say to use about maybe 100 Necron warriors to scout the area around us and get our spyders to construct some necrons.
>>
>>390045
Seconded
>>
>>390045
Construct what?
>>
>>390058
Necrons. Isn't that the building currency?
>>
>>390066
Necron warriors? Immortals? More Scarabs?
>>
>>390075
Oh so the Canoptek spyders build up to five of any units?
>"a canoptek spyder can awaken/construct 5 "necrons" each turn in addition to being good combatants"
>>
>>390075
I'd probably say we should construct some Scarabs first. The sooner we get more of those, the sooner we can pump more Warriors.

Besides - presuming Dawn of War taught me right - such scarabs could probably defend us from whatever aircrafts our enemies send our way.

Or in the worst case scenario that there's some Titan.
>>
>>390087
Lets say you want to construct 25 necron warriors.
That would require 25 "necrons"
5 canoptek spyders can construct/awaken 25 "necrons" together.
so 5 spyders can construct/awaken 25 necron warriors
however, if you want 2 lychguards, that would need 20 "necrons"
4 spyders construct/awaken 20 "necrons", therefore they can produce 2 lychguards.

>>390045
>>390093
roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>390109
Here's hopin' for the best...
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>390109
Alright good. Lets awaken 2 canoptek spyders
>>
Yeah: build Scarabs and scout extremely carefully
>>
>>390120
As in there's only one roll to determine both?
Or do you mean we need two different rolls for the two of them? Because if it's the latter, I think we mucked up the scouting.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (28KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
28KB, 1152x648px
>>390133
Producing units doesn't need a roll
>>390045
>>390120
Your canoptek awaken more of the scarabs, easing the workload of the canoptek and giving you some protection from the incoming IG armor.

On that matter, your scouts finds Imperial Guards incoming from the south-west, about 2000 of them. They seem to be perturbed due to the lords in the north-east who are fighting among themselves for territory. In the north is the self proclaimed owners of the land: Konfekt Dynasty, and in the west is even more self proclaimed owners of the land: Mortek Dynasty. Their fighting has a huge no man's land in the middle while they try to shoot each other from the distances.

Current Army:
75 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
500 Necron Warriors
50 Necron Immortals
20 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
10 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 100 "necrons" per turn.

remember to include what to produce, one combat and one non-combat action.
>>
>>390149
Invite the imperial guards over to our side as we are the true kings and make 10 more spyders.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>390157
>>
>>390157
Nonsense. The Imperial Guard are actually our biggest threat right now. Last thing we want is them growing. Besides, they're taking land right next to us! Gonna be a bit hard to come off as an equal when we're possibly gonna be putty before their might.

No. If anything, we should first diplmoacy the Konfekt (and Mortek, if possible) Dynasty. Inform them that we have arisen once more, and demand they join us in our crusade against the Imperial Guard - our one true foe at the moment.

In-fighting skirmishes between brothers does not bode well for Necrons in these trying times.

Presuming that the Diplomacy does not count as an action, I'd say we send 200 Necron Warriors, 20, Immortals, 3 Ghost Arks, and 3 Night Scythes. If we're allowed to take more than one territory, take the other one that's being attacked with the same composition.

Oh, and produce more Scarabs. If the Diplomacy counts as a non-action, then we cannot afford to cripple ourselves in the name of less enemies. They're fighting themselves anyways.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>390194
Aaaand rolling.
>>
>>390197
Wew lad. Guess we are going with your roll
>>
>>390194

Oh right. Production doesn't count as a non-action.

Then yah, do the diplomacy thing I mentioned.
>>
>>390211
production is a non-action as long as the other actions don't include the producing units. Also, normal warriors can't move more than 1 territory per turn, but Ghost Arks move 2 and Night Scythes move 4
>>390194
You send emissaries to the Konfekt and Mortek Dynasties, in the form of a lone warrior transported by a night scythe.
"We cannot fight at a time like this, we necrons must stand together!"
Both of the necrons, realising the overlord has awoken, stand down and join your forces. They suspect though, that the other lords aren't going to stand down without a fight. You realise too that the lords took off with more than just your army, they took your wargear too! Although both of them have generally been protecting the tomb and seem to have been loyal to you, and due to this took no wargear. You believe they started fighting each other due to confusion sown by the other lords.

You send 200 Necron Warriors, 20 Immortals, 3 Ghost Arks, and 3 Night Scythes towards the closest two territories being attacked by the Imperial Guard, and absolutely decimate them through a surprise attack. You take absolutely no casualties, although they take the other two territories because of no resistance.
>>
>>390268
So now we have more territory?
>>
Updated Map

>>390276
yes.

Current Army:

Current Army:
175 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
500 Necron Warriors
50 Necron Immortals
20 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
10 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 200 "necrons" per turn

remember, intel is vitally important.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (31KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
31KB, 1152x648px
>>390296
tfw i forgot to include the map
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>390296
For production I would like to make more warriors so we can bolster our new territory. As for action, can we scout around more.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>390300
Wait. So the IG aren't attacking this turn?

Either way, more Scarabs. Maybe after this turn of scarabs, we can turn our attention to producing legit troops.

As for intel, I feel sending 2 Deathmarks to each IG space should probably do enough. Their list of priorities should be as follows:

-Don't die. Yes, I don't care if it means you don't get any info - we can't get ANYTHING if you die.
- Get a very broad look at their overall forces. More specifically - and in list of priority - look for general mass of troops, vehicles, and aircrafts and make note of whether or not their mass is of 'considerable' size - at least in comparison to our troops.
-Get specific numbers.
-If it is ABSOLUTELY, -UNDENIABLY- safe to do so, snipe off any extremely vulnerable infantry you can find that the deaths of such would not alert the enemy of your presence.

In the case that intel does not count as an action, take the southernmost northern territory bordering the IG with 100 Necron and 10 Immortals. Use a duplicate of such composition to take the southernmost territory that isn't the IG territory. Attacking is nice, but we need to make sure they can't just swoop up our base directly.

Also, put everyone else on Overwatch for any Imperial Scouts - or really, any troops in general. The lack of action on the IG's part is too fishy for me....

As a matter of fact, prioritize this over the advancement in land.

As for a non-action, see if we can't take a good look at our owned land for anything notable. If this can't be a non-action, then just try to research stuff. If that doesn't count as a non-action, tell the IG to fuck off. However, if the scouting or Overwatch can count as a non-action, prioritize those above all those other non-actions.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>390296
Produce more Scarabs!
Can our other troops lay mines/build traps instead of defending areas? If so: do this
>>
>>390327
Well with this roll, I think we might get some info
>>
>>390327
We should figure out a way of using the IG against the other lords.

Maybe if we rout them fast enough they may decide the rebel lords are easier pickings.
>>
>>390339
Forgot to add, to do this we counterattack and knock them on their asses but do not threaten population centres (yet). If they think we are too tough a nut to crack but we are also not causing as much trouble as the rebels they may refocus.

Not rolling for this as it may be a retarded idea, idk.
>>
>>390344
You imbecile. We've made the rebels join us. The rebels are no more; or at least, they're enough of not a threat to actually help us.

Our attention should be the bigger threat. An expansive foe is a dangerous one.
>>
>>390351
There are other rebel lords dipshit, we just convinced the two closest to us.
>>
>>390355

oh, right

Either way, the first immediate enemy is the Imperial Guard. No matter how you look at it, they're the ones closest to home. Maybe next turn, we can scout out north (or - really - whichever direction these rebels are coming from). But for now, we focus on the Imperial Guard. No point in trying to seek unity if we get destroyed in the process.
>>
>>390351
There are more lords than just those two that joined you.
>>390327
Your scarabs keep on waking more scarabs, your awakening increasing exponentially.

You also send a couple of deathmarks to the neighbouring territories, getting info on the forces quite effectively. They find out that:
-The longer held western IG territories are setting up a defensive perimeter, which is currently occupying their attack force.
-The northernmost territory contains mostly normal Guardsmen, although they have about 50 Leman Russes and 50 Chimeras.
-The southernmost territory contains the same army as the northernmost territory, with the exception that they have a large number of plasma-based weapons. The guardsmen carrying heavy weapons seem to be of a different regiment than the normal ones though.
-The western, longer held territories contain a much greater number of heavy weapons, such as plasma weapons, missile weapons, etc. They also contain a number of leman russes, although the deathmarks weren't able to identify the number as the territory is under heavy watch.

Do you want to rethink the sending of an attack?

Current Army:
375 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
500 Necron Warriors
50 Necron Immortals
20 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
10 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 400 "necrons" per turn

remember, your overlord is an incredibly powerful unit, and can be upgraded through conquering other lower necron lords, or even higher ones.
>>
>>390362
My point is we rout them fast but make it look like we are less of a problem overall.

If they figure that we are too much trouble to deal with right away but not causing damage like the warring lords they might decide to fight them instead and wait for reinforcements to deal with us. This also lets us consolidate and build up.

They knock the crap out of the other's, we deal with whos left at the end.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>390372
With that 400, we should make 400 warriors to help assault the Imperial Guards. I propose going for the ones on the left first.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>390372
No map? Or is it unnecessary due to lack of change?

In the case of latter, spend 50% of "necrons" on more Scarabs. Spend 25% on Lychguard, and 25% on Immortals. However - as I am not too educated in these troops - I am open to other suggestions.

If we aren't at all being attacked, send the previous 8 Deathmarks to scout up north. If they find trouble, they must retreat behind our advance of 300 Necron Warriors, 30 Immortals, 5 Lychguards, 5 Ghost Arks, and 5 Night Scythes for them all to deal with such threat.

In the case that they find no threat, have the forces take said territories. If we can't send the troops, then just keep to the Scout N' Retreat.

As for a non-action (presuming the scout + advance don't count as non-actions), appoint our Cryptek as strategist. Have him help us figure out what to do. If that's not permitted, attempt to persuade the IG to ally with us against any threats on this planet. They help us with the rebels, and we'll help them with any of their local threats.
>>
>>390465
fuck

Well, my fortune was destined to get fucked up at ONE point or another.
>>
Can we research wraith for scout unit and flayed one for deepstrike unit?
>>
File: Necron Map.png (27KB, 614x536px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
27KB, 614x536px
>>390398
You set your scarabs to start awakening the legions of necron warriors resting in your tomb.
>>390497
Your tomb contains no wraiths or flayed ones, you cannot awaken any wraiths or flayed ones until you find a tomb which contains wraiths or flayed ones.
>>390465
Unnecessary due to lack of change.
If you want information on the troops: Immortals are necron warriors, but slightly more resilient and more specialized towards anti-infantry. They use Tesla Cannons instead of the Gauss, which, although unable to penetrate most vehicles, is able to kill infantry much more effectively due to the tesla bouncing between several targets.
A lychguard is an incredibly tough melee unit, armed with hyperphase swords, the necron equivalent of a power sword, and dispersion shields, which are capable of even bouncing shots back in addition to protecting them from most harm.
Anyway, onto the actual actions.

You send the Deathmarks up towards the north, although they dont find any trouble. They dont find much of anything actually, just plains.
The Necron Warriors and Immortals take the territories, although they recieve quite lasgun fire from the imperial guard, who have through some miracle set the defensive perimeter up already.

Over to the east however, another rebel lord has appeared. That's about all you know about it though.

Current Army:
375 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
900 Necron Warriors
50 Necron Immortals
20 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
10 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 400 "necrons" per turn
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>390536
In my opinion, it is time to take the fight to them. Those Imperial guards are going to be a pain, so I suggest to rush them with our Scarab swarms, follow up with our warriors and our lynch guards and have us fight also
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>390536

We need to prepare for some armored shit now. If I am right, I also read that Scarabs can eat up - as is literally quoted from the 1d4chan wiki - Leman Russ Battle Tanks. Since I think we're just fine with Warriors, just get more Scarabs. Dump it all into Scarabs.

For our Action, I suggest that we take the territory northmost of the morthmost IG zone. But if we're being buggersome and not allowing us to move many tiles, then just take the other territory next to the northmost IG. Attacking the walls is risky, so let's work around them. If we're fortunate enough, maybe we can take two territories off of them in the next two turns.

For Non-Action, I say we persuade that new Rebel Dynasty to join us in our crusade against the Imperial Guard. Whether or not they decide to join us, recommend that they take the territory southwest of them - that we can see about attacking AROUND the walls.
>>
>>390601
You are right in that scarabs completely shits on tanks.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (30KB, 676x577px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
30KB, 676x577px
>>390601
>>390552
You set your canoptek to awaken more scarabs swarms.

You send your forces northward to capture territory, but you are assaulted by an armoured regiment of leman russes. You send your scarabs out to attack, although they take big losses. They eat at the tanks though, and with the help of a load of warriors, you defeat the armoured regiment.

The IG are also trying to expand, but in the process has been attacked by the rebel lord. They are currently warring with each other over a south-east piece of land, although the fight seems to be leaning towards the rebel lord. They are also expanding into the northern territory.

You try to contact the rebel lord to join your forces, but you are met with laughter.
"Me? Joining with you? I would never. You are weak, and you will never rule me!"

Current Army:
385 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
900 Necron Warriors
50 Necron Immortals
20 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
10 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 410 "necrons" per turn
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>390735
Build more Scarabs (and never ever use them in fights again!)
Scout this Rebel Lord, maybe we can prepare an assassination.
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>390735

Ooh. NOW we have an incentive to ally up with the IG (That is, presuming they'll still like us after what I have planned).

I like what our Scarabs did. You know what? Let's take that northernmost region. Send almost everything we got (except for 3 Canoptek Spyders; have them produce some Scarabs.

We shall use two forces. One to attack at the identified wall (primarily as a distraction), and one to attack from the side. We need only the Lychguards, 200 Warriors, all the Deathmarks, 2 Ghost Arks, and our Overlord for the Wall Attack. Lychguard should take position in front of the Warriors to reflect whatever fire comes their way, while the two Ghost Arks tend to the Warriors (while providing fire support as well, but nor as important as keeping casualties to a low). Be sure the Deathmarks intercept any high-priority targets (Like Commissars, Seargents, etc.) to inflict morale loss on the enemy.

Send the rest of the forces we're using to attack from the side. If by some means they still manage to take that one space they're going for, they'll be cut off from the rest of their force.

For a non-action, Tell the rebel Dynasty that we do not appreciate their reply. However, we will make an exception for them and give them respect ONLY if they manage to take the IG position that is directly to our south.
>>
>>390806
Dont send Scarabs, they have to produce Scarabs until right before we get overwhelmed. Exponential growth is a thing
>>
>>390869

*Grooooaaan* Fine. Have all the Scarabs produce more Scarabs then.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (30KB, 597x545px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
30KB, 597x545px
>>390806
>>390796
These rolls man

>>390891
You set your scarabs to produce even more scarabs after what happened last time.

You also tell the Dynasty that they will gain our respect if they take the territory.
"I do not need the respect of the weak. You will be stomped beneath my feet like the vermin you are" he delivers, the words dripping with venom.

You send the two forces to take the norternmost region of IG territory.
The distraction force gets there relatively unharmed, and even though the lasguns bounce off the dispersion shields harmlessly, the leman russes are able shoot past them without any difficulty and cause big losses by destroying clumps of the warriors. The deathmarks are all relatively unnoticed, sniping off guardsmen here and there, sometimes getting a more important figure.

The rest of the forces are advancing towards the northernmost territory, although the IG has seemingly known ahead of time, and were ready for your attack. Sevaral leman russes were station there, and while nowhere near the amount of guardsmen that were in the identified wall, they were able to offer a moderate amount of resistance either way. No big losses were sustained at the taking of the territory, but the distraction force suffered bigger losses. They were aided though by the IG losing ammo in the middle of the fight. Coupled with the destruction earlier, their morale was destroyed, and that part of the wall was abandoned.

Not only that, but the fight at the wall has drawn attention away from rebel lord, who has taken the territory on the south-east. He is also coming in from the south towards you.

Current Army:
795 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
805 Necron Warriors
50 Necron Immortals
13 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 820 "necrons" per turn
>>
>>391149
Are the enemies making any moves on us?
>>
>>391288
The IG are currently busy with other stuff, probably the other lords.
The rebel lord is making moves toward you.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>391321
For the manufacturing part, maybe we could make 820 warriors to bolster our numbers. I would like to send an envoy to the rebel leader and convince him to fight on our side. If he doesn't see eye to eye, attack next turn.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>391149
>Talks about potentially cutting off an IG territory that they're trying to get
>You think I meant we should take the land they were trying to take, not attack their lightly fortified land.

for fuck's sakes, QM

>>391288
Well, Mr. Rebel McDickface is getting close to us, and wants to take our primary weakspot as a means to attack our capital. That is why I feel we should retaliate by taking his capital first.

I say for production we either make more scarabs, or just bloat up on some Immortals. I'll leave it to you guys to decide that.

Otherwise, I say we teach that anus a lesson. He's clearly not been taught who the true superior is, so let's teach him a lesson he can't forget: Take HIS capital. Send all non-Scarab forces (Yes, including the Canoptek Spyders) to that capial, and claim it from his foolish fingers.

For a non-action: If we succeed, inform him that us taking his capital is proper punishment for his desire to take ours. Likewise, give him an ultimatum: Surrender to our empire, and assist us in destroying the IG, or die.
>>
>>391349
I guess we are going to war
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

Build Scarabs!
Dont start big fights unless absolutely necessary, build traps/mines to slow the enemy down first
>>
File: Necron Map.png (31KB, 680x538px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
31KB, 680x538px
>>391439
>>391349
>>391335
You set your scarabs to produce more scarabs to further increase the production.

You also go in for their capital while his main force is out taking territory. His royal guard of crypteks and lychguards put up a valiant fight, but they are no match for your endless ranks of warriors and immortals. Eventually they fall, and only the Lord remains.
"You have one choice: Surrender to our empire and assist us in the killing of the Imperial Guard, or die."
"I would rather die than work for a weakling like you."
"As you choose" you say, your Staff of Light piercing his chest. As you withdraw you Staff and stride away, the closest immortals start firing teslas upon teslas. Through the teslas and occasional gauss you can see deathmark shots too. After waiting a minute or two, you return and nothing is there except a black mark and a warscythe.

His remnant necrons are still fighting the IG and wandering around his claimed territories. They will require you to take them by action.

In addition, the Imperial Guard in the southern territories are being pushed back by the remnant necrons. They're also attacking you from the left.

You've also successfully intercepted a message from the Imperial Guard, it goes as follows:
"-amnit! We need to neutralise the tomb ship! We can't let the necrons off-plan-"
Thats all you got.

You have gained new wargear: a warscythe!

Current Army:
1590 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
602 Necron Warriors
33 Necron Immortals
12 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 1615 "necrons" per turn
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>392813
Build Scarabs!!!
Try to assassinate IG leaders
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>392867
Do this but a better toll
>>
File: Necron Map.png (31KB, 651x536px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
31KB, 651x536px
>>392869
>>392867
You put the scarab awakening to maximum.

You also send out your deathmarks to assassinate the Imperial Guards leaders. They assassinate several seargents, lieutenants, even a couple of commissars. They weren't able to get to any of the higher ups though due to the heavily fortified area.

The IG were able to take the territory due to no resistance. They're also getting reinforcements from another regiment, this time fully armored. Not only that, but they also lost territory to the rebel lords remnants.

Current Army:
3205 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
602 Necron Warriors
33 Necron Immortals
12 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 3230 "necrons" per turn
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>392939
Sneakily send scarabs to take control of their tanks and turn them against them.

Non-military: take control of the rebel lord's remaining forces.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>392939
We have to take back the territory we lost. Zerg rush with the scarab swarms.
Also make some warriors with all that Necron.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>392940
Dont use Scarabs in fights!!!
Instead, half of our production should be Scarabs, the other half warriors.
Action: Prepare defensive lines
>>
>>392940
>>392947
Srsly, time is on our side. You really rush to our demise and the only thing you use is our productive capability. I dont see the point in that.
>>
>>393042
We cant defend. We need to Attack now. We have plenty of production. We need manpower.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (30KB, 635x555px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
30KB, 635x555px
>>392940
>>392947
>>393046
You awaken thousands of necrons with your scarabs.

Incase you guys didn't know, normal warriors are effective against tanks in huge numbers anyway. Really effective. While the swarms are similarly effective, they'll probably take big losses when using to attack en masse, primarily due to the fact that the enemy uses heavy ordnance, such as Leman Russ tanks, and artillery. They also lack the reanimation protocols that make the warriors especially resilient.

You send out your cryptek along with an escort of a hundred warriors to start converting the rebel lords remaining forces, and while this is going to take some time due to the spread out nature of his forces, he's quickly realised he has a new form of scarabs, flensing scarabs. These aren't able to repair and awaken new necrons, but they are incredibly effective at killing infantry. This is due to their namesake ability of being able to swiftly and violently rip flesh from bone, and while they are small, in their swarms they can reduce a human to the bone with terrifying speed.

You also decide to rush the enemy with the necron warriors you have awakened. Although the Imperial has setup a decent defense, they are no match for the endless ranks of the warriors. There are hundreds of Leman Russ tanks, and a couple of variants, such as:
-A couple of executioners
-A decent amount of exterminators
-And some vanquishers
They killed hundreds of warriors, although most of them rose again to fight more. Eventually the Imperial Guard forces were routed, and the territory was taken again.

You also saw several Death Scythes flying over your head, coming from the north-west, confirming the fact that more tombs exist on this planet.

We also need a name for this new Dynasty you are making. What is your name?

Current Army:
3205 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
2812 Necron Warriors
33 Necron Immortals
12 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 3230 "necrons" per turn

Your Wargear:
Warscythe
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>393138
Surprise attack on the IG from their unfortified north.
>>
>>393138

I'm back.
I say we should name it after ourselves, like the selfish pricks we are; Szarekh Dynasty.

For production, I say we make more Scarabs.

For an action, I'm noticing they took down that wall. We push once more then. Pick up that open IG territory while the wall is down, by pushing forward with everything that isn't the Canopteks, Scarabs, or Ghost Arks. Vanquishers and Exterminators have a boner for vehicles, so let's buzzkill their boners.

As a non-action, uhh..... Have we seriously not gotten to checking any of them Tombs yet? Or do you mean to tell me that every single Rebel Dynasty we've defeated has had no Tombs, and that the icons serve literally no more purpose anymore other than to tell us there used to be a Dynasty here?

Because we srsly need more options. Check dat shit.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>393211
Oh, and rolling.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>393138
We should make our own deadly swarms. As for military do this>>393206
>>
>>393211
The rebel lords that willingly submitted had tombs, but no new shit.
The rebel lord that you recently conquered has a tomb, but you havent checked it out yet.
>>
>>393138
why are we making so many scrarabs? we should make specialty troops.
I say we strike in the center of the IG troops where the wall is broken
>>
File: Necron Map.png (30KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
30KB, 600x557px
>>393206
>>393211
New name: Szarekh Dynasty
>>393226
You set your full awakening to scarabs. The more the merrier.

You decide to surprise attack the Imperial Guard from the north, striking at the least fortified spot. You send everything but the canopteks, scarabs and ghost arks since you know that the variants they use are great against vehicles. The territory hasn't been properly established yet, but you can notice the Imperial Guard are getting more and more afraid of your combat capabilities, since they are fielding more and more expensive units. The assault goes swimmingly, and you take the territory. They've finally repaired that breach in the perimeter though.

Meanwhile, you check out the tomb of the vanquished rebel lord, and you find that not only did they have flensing scarabs, but they also have Triarch Stalkers and Tomb Stalkers.

Current Army:
6435 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
2812 Necron Warriors
33 Necron Immortals
12 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 6460 "necrons" per turn

Your Wargear:
Warscythe

Triarch Stalker = 25 "necrons". Both great at anti-infantry and anti-tank.
Tomb Stalkers = 50 "necrons". They produce 25 necrons a turn, and they are also great at siege warfare, capable of tunneling through ground and scanning for life.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>393329
I think we should put all production into the Triarch Stalkers and tell the Imperial Guards that if they surrender right now, no harm will come of them and their family.
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>393329
Might as well take control off more master-less necrons near our territory. The ones next to our capital, for example.
>>
focus on building the new unit and more Lychgaurds in the future

attack the southernmost region to keep the IG from flanking us.
>>
>>393329

OH COME ON, QM.

I mean, don't get me wrong. One less IG territory is good and shit. But for reals, this is the second time we could have divided the IG and taken a bigger advantage over them.

But NOOOOOO, we just HAVE to take the territory that seems like it would have to waste two turns trying to build two walls, instead of the one that would be hard as fuck to take if we don't take it imemdiately, as they would just build their damn wall.

I understand. I am not the most informative person. You know what? out of sheer belief that you have no idea where we mean when we don't talk about things, I'm going to start highlighting where I want to attack.

For production, I say we mass-produce Immortals this time.

For an action, attack the orange spot I have indicated for you. Use anything that isn't producing units or is Deathmarks.

For a non-action, take our 10 Deathmarks and generally scout around the general red area I have highlighted. They know the usual protocol: don't die.
>>
File: Attack The Orange Spot.png (35KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
Attack The Orange Spot.png
35KB, 600x557px
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>393435
Whoops. Here, the map.

And rolling.
>>
>>393329
>>393435

On second thought, get us 20 Tomb Stalkers, dump the rest on Triarchs, and dump what's leftover on Immortals, and - if it's necessary to maximize efficiency - 1 Warrior.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (31KB, 580x525px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
31KB, 580x525px
>>393435

>>393206
>rolled 55
>>393211
>rolled 19

belegan pls he rolled higher than you, so i choose his action.
it's not a matter of misunderstanding this time. I didn't see byzentine's post by the time i posted.

>>393403
>>393435
You awaken 20 tomb stalkers, 218 triarch stalkers, and 5 immortals.

You send your forces towards the remnants of the rebel lord, determined to clean out this territory of his wandering forces.
His spread out forces, with no real organization, are of no threat. You clean them up quickly and efficiently, taking minimal losses. Your cryptek is able to takeover units here and there, but most of them are of too hard to take over.

You also send the Deathmarks to scout out the north-west, and you find one of the rebel lords. He's almost wiped out, due to being attacked by unknown sources. He seems to be the one using the death scythes, although the reason you know this is because your deathmarks saw one crash into the ground when they arrived.

Current Army:
2812 Necron Warriors
218 Triarch Stalkers
38 Necron Immortals
20 Canoptek Tomb Stalkers
12 Lychguards
10 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
10 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 6460 "necrons" per turn

Your Wargear:
Warscythe
>>
>>393570
whoops.
the actual production is: 6960
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>393570
Have the Cryptek start brewing some gaseous toxins and such. Lots of it.

We have no lungs, after all.
>>
We should also scout the lands right next to our territories as well. Don't want to be surprised, after all.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>393570
FUCKING SWAMP THE IG WITH SUPERIOR NUMBERS

BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME AND DRENCH THEM IN POISON GAS
>>
File: Scout The Orange Spot.png (39KB, 580x525px) Image search: [Google]
Scout The Orange Spot.png
39KB, 580x525px
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>393570

Boy oh boy, am I thirsty for some Alliance.

For production, get 6 Lychguards, 40 Deathmarks, and dump everything else in Night Scythes.

For an Action, we should have everyone that's available scout the orange stuff. If we find blatant enemies, make sure to only retaliate if we can absolutely defeat them. Otherwise, retreat and keep casualties to a minimum.

For a non-action, tell the newly found rebel lord that we will grant them the selected pieces of land, and will do whatever we can to defend them from whatever foes attack them.

In return, they must assist us in dealing with the IG, as well as any future threats we may find. Their compliance will earn them our respect, and we will regard them as a fellow Dynasty.
>>
(No map im posting from phone)
>>393579
>>393584
>>393599
>>393623
Your cryptek has absolutely nothing he could make posion gas out of.

You set your canopteks to awaken 6 lychguards, 40 deathmarks, and 65 night scythes.

The forces you send towards the east find nothing out there in the nearby vicinity, although they didn't look very far.

You send a message to the rebel lord, composed as thus:
"We will grant you the territories to your immediate south and south-east. We will also do whatever we can to help defend against the foes attacking you..
In return we require your aid against any foes we might find, like the Imperial Guard we are fighting currently. Yoyr compliance will be met with our respect and you will be treated and regarded as a fellow and equal dynasty."
"Yes, that's all good, but i need help now! My troops are getting slaughtered by these el-!" the message cuts out, how you don't know.

Current Army:
2812 Necron Warriors
218 Triarch Stalkers
38 Necron Immortals
16 Lychguards
50 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
75 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 6960 "necrons" per turn

Your Wargear:
Warscythe

Last message for the day! Ill be back in around 11h 30m
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>393803
Alright, sending some troops to that lord's territory then. We either reinforce those lands if we aren't too late, or kill whoever killed that lord.
>>
>>393803
Well lets send our army. I advise building more warriors for defense and maybe 20 more lynchguards.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>393803
Sucks we don't have a map. Double sucks that I won't be awake for 11:30.

Produce more Scarabs. Mind as well muck about with our means of production if we're not facing some serious threats yet.

We must secure our alliance. I gotta be honest, I dunno if the left one or the right one is our ally. Gonna need QM to clarify.

If it's the right one, send whatever we can manage to their location in order to defend them. If possible, push the opposing forces back to their land to the point where they might need to recuperate for a couple of turns.

If it is the left one, then I fear we are limited by means of helping. We must proceed by informing the attacking forces that they are to cease their attack on our ally. If they refuse, we claim their capital by force and capture the lord (presuming he's there). See if we can't imprison the disrespectful Lord until he's appropriately learned his lesson.

In the case that this guy legitimately stops attacking our friend, instead we pluck up the leftmost IG territory that we're currently seeing. Same comp, but get the Tomb Stalkers involved this time - even if it means they ain't producing. Probably will need 460 Scarabs too.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>393829
>>
I just feel like asking:

Does Szarekh have any knowledge of what our old biological forms were? I kind of need to know, as it would make my elaborate plan of obtaining the 'materials' necessary to reproduce our old forms one step easier if we already know; otherwise, we'll probably need to capture some Mekboys and see if we can't collect some stuff from their old noggins.

I'm also considering using Tau bodies as the main ingredient for forming our old bodies, while also throwing in some mix of non-Space Marine human (Such as the mere lack of vagina foreheads, and actual feet that aren't hooves). Maybe also throw in the tiniest bits of Eldar - but only the bits that let us live for long-ass times. Last thing we want is the inferior bit to our old selves, where we could only live for like 30 years or something.

Anyone up for some of this?

Of course, I feel our Lord should not take on our old form, as it was his fault we had to experience bio-transference in the first place - likewise, he would likely prefer carrying his burden, while easing the burden of others.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (32KB, 674x542px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
32KB, 674x542px
>>393820
>>393829
>>393865
The left one.

You set your scarabs to reinforce your army with more warriors and lychguards.

You send up your forces to the attacked Lord. You seem to arrive at a break in the fighting.
"Thank god you're here, I don't think I would've survived another attack. They've been relentlessly assaulting since they arrived. I'll offer my help where I can, but I'm afraid I don't have much to help with."
His tomb seems to contain Triarch Praetorians, which are like the lychguards, except they wield a warscythe instead of a hyperphase sword and dispersion shield. The warscythe is an amazing weapon of war, capable of cleaving the biggest pieces of armor.

You send a message out to whoever is attacking the lord, but you get no answer. If this is because of interference, or if they are just unwilling to answer, you don't know.

The Imperial Guard are expanding again, and they've gotten further reinforcements from armored and heavy infantry regiments.

>>394067
Yes, he knows of the old biological forms.

Current Army:
9772 Necron Warriors
218 Triarch Stalkers
38 Necron Immortals
16 Lychguards
50 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
75 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Your Wargear:
Warscythe

You currently have forces stationed in the allied lord's territory (marked in blue)
Incase you people didn't know, a triarch stalker is a vehicle with a mounted Fire beam, which become concentrated to create a sort of melta, or distributed, which is a sort of flamer. It looks kinda like a spider.
1 Triarch Praetorian = 10 "necrons"
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>395846
Oh no you don't, guards. You'll get flanked if you even try.

I'm also thinking of just taking some of the dead humans' flamers and such, and just indiscriminately setting the ground on fire before just waking over it at our leisure because that's just one of the advantages of being a metal deathbot with no skin to burn and no lungs to choke with smoke. Suck on that, meatbags.
>>
>>395855
Now now, we have higher priorities to worry about than the rabblesome humans. Follow our deal to the letter, THEN take their territory. Even IF they somehow manage to build a wall because of our lack of immediate action.

No. For our action, we do as we said we would last turn: attack them head-on and capture their lord, that we may rightfully send his fate to the hands of our new friend (After we take the enemy's gear). Send everything that isn't producing shit (Yes, don't send the Triarch Stalkers), except for like 25 Scarabs.

If we're gonna not be power-hungry awesomeness (and produce more Scarabs), might as well take the cuckold path and produce like 50 Praetorians, and dump into some more warriors. Still think we should get more Scarabs.

For a non-action, if we succeed in our action, see about giving our new friend 5 of our produced Praetorians and 100 Warriors, as well as 25 Scarabs.

If we don't, then not only do we put our 25 Scarabs to work, but we also see if we can't search our territories for means to produce poisonous gas. Particularly, poison gas to the humans.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>395881
Aaaand rolling.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (37KB, 701x646px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
37KB, 701x646px
>>395881
Triarch stalkers dont awaken/construct "necrons"
>>395882
>>395855
You awaken more of the new praetorians and warriors, boosting your army.

You send your forces to attack the hostile force, and as your warriors march forward towards the lord, you notice your immortals are getting shot from a distance. You recognize these shots, they're Eldar! Not long after you notice, you are ambushed by Fire Dragons, your warriors falling around you. Although, when they sent out the Eldar, they must not have accounted for the size of your army, since you outnumber them five to one. It doesn't take you long to drive off the Eldar fighters. The base of the hostile forces doesn't seem to be in the nearby vicinity. They must be coming from further away.

You set your cryptek off with a small guard of deathmarks to search for anything poisonous to humans in our territory. After not so long, he finds a plant which should be poisonous to humans, although its hard to test. He'll need a bit more time to produce a poisonous gas though.

Current Army:
16212 Necron Warriors
218 Triarch Stalkers
50 Triarch Praetorians
38 Necron Immortals
16 Lychguards
50 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
75 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Your Wargear:
Warscythe
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>395964
Eldar.
That changes things.

so let's increase production, and clean up more of those strays down south.
>>
>>395968
>>395964
forgot to mention, the strays down south are getting attacked by other necrons. More rebel lords.
>>
>>395968
The fuck are you doing? They are LITERALLY doing nothing. They are of no concern. We have a FRIEND to save!

>>395964
What are we doing not attacking those pesky Eldar? FUCKING SIEGE THAT SHIT. SEND LITERALLY LITERALLY EVERYTHING. NO PRODUCTION, SEND EVERYTHING. Except the Cryptek. Have him continue his research.
>>
>>395964
Lets go save the friend and build more siege units.
>>
>>395964
Furthermore: in respect of the fact that the Eldar are pesky as fuck, let us grant our friend even more cushion; presuming we succeed and they are allowed to safely maneuver in our territory, they are allowed to hide back as far as the territory just south (not east) of our topmost kingdom.
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>395981
Shit. Forgot to roll.
>>
>>395977
You're really sending some mixed signals, you know.
>>
>>395986
What do you mean? We blatantly informed our new friend that we will help them by whatever means we can. They can't help us if they're dead.

Besides, in the grim darkness of the far, far future, where there is only war, allies are one of the greatest treasures you can get your fingers on.

So please clarify how following our promise is sending mixed signals.
>>
>>395986
Ohhhhhh, right; they AREN'T the Eldar. They're from elsewhere.

Then we produce more Scarabs with all our production units, but otherwise send everything else that isn't the Cryptek. Keep to the telling them thing.
>>
>>396000
send it to what?
>>
>>396082
That blue nation. Y'knoooow, the one that's attacking our friend?

Oh, and don't forget to capture that Lord. We want his gear; afterwards, let our friend decide his fate.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (39KB, 731x646px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
39KB, 731x646px
Blue nation's your friend.
>>395977
>>395980
>>395968
>>395983
>>395986
>>395996
>>396000
>>396097
You awaken more of the scarabs, increasing your production massively.

You send up your forces towards the site where the lord is getting attacked from, but they get ambushed by fire dragons and rangers again, and you think you spotted some dark reapers here and there too. This happens more and more frequently as you approach what you have estimated to be the base of operations for the attacking forces are.

As you arrive to your estimated place, you find nothing there. You start to walk forwards to search further, but your forces immediately clonk against the air. Obviously something is there, just cloaked. You start firing on the invisible thing, and find eldar structures decloaking. The hostile forces attacking were the eldar. The forces there are just what you've seen: fire dragons, rangers and some dark reapers.

Although they put up quite the fight, and chasing them is a bit of a problem, you are able to kill all the eldar. No doubt more will be coming for you, although when is a bit of a conundrum.

The cryptek has figured out how to make a gas in small amounts out of the poisonous plants, although deploying it en-masse is going to take a lot more gas production.

13395 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
14107 Necron Warriors
218 Triarch Stalkers
50 Triarch Praetorians
38 Necron Immortals
16 Lychguards
50 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
75 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 13920 "necrons" per turn

Your Wargear:
Warscythe
>>
>>396260
You said the LEFT nation was our friend.

Quote: >>395846
"The left one."

You're not stupid; you're just an ass, QM.
>>
>>396260
With our production, I think it should all go into Necron Immortals. We could perform a type of Banzai charge with them. As for our blue friend, could we use the night scythes to scout around the territory to see if they find any large force movements.
>>
>>396272
Blue nations the one on the left?
>>
With the amount of Warriors and Immortals we will have some Triarch Stalkers would not go amiss.
Their ability to boost all non vehicle accuracy with the numbers we have will give us substantial returns on investment of resources in addition to their Ranged Anti-Vehicle capabilities.
>>
>>396474
Well, when you were showing a nation to the left of the now-blue one being attacked by another nation when you were talking about how there was a fellow rebel nation under attack,

It's impossible for me to think that the army that is attacking is our friend.
>>
File: Necron Map.png (44KB, 792x661px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.png
44KB, 792x661px
>>396569
Sorry.
>>396481
>>396279
You start producing higher numbers of immortals and triarch stalkers.

You also send night scythes out to comb the surrounding areas for any large force movements. They find the rebel lord who's fighting the remnants in the south. They also find... something? in the east. They were unable to see properly what it was. It looked like a big hole in the ground.

The Imperial Guard have also brought in reinforcements from mechanized infantry regiments, and are preparing to strike. This is going to be a full force raid.

13395 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
14107 Necron Warriors
496 Triarch Stalkers
50 Triarch Praetorians
3523 Necron Immortals
16 Lychguards
50 Deathmarks
9 Ghost Arks
75 Night Scythes
5 Canoptek Spyders
1 Cryptek
1 Necron Overlord (You)

Current Production: 13920 "necrons" per turn

Your Wargear:
Warscythe
>>
>>396950
I'd say we take a small detachment to that hole, and see what it is about. The bulk of our forces stay and prepare for the IG assault.

If all ends well, we might a find a route to attack the IG to the side and wipe out their base.
>>
Question:
What Necron unit can help against the Eldar cloaking abilities?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>397052
This sounds good
>>
If we have the intel that the attack is coming could we bury a good number of Scarabs and faint a retreat? Per IG protocol they will set up the heavy artillery after a new front line is formed along with most of the supply dumps.

At the right time we can have a coordinated attack that will see the IG front lines cutoff and without the artillery support they love so much.
>>
Dice+1d100
>>397105
Rolling
>>
>>397114
damn phone
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>397105
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>396950
Build more Scarabs!
Set up defensife lines around our tomb!
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.