[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Adventure Quest 9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon.png (209KB, 2000x736px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.png
209KB, 2000x736px
Welcome to the world of Pokemon! Last time, you fought the newly minted Team Instinct while you rode the train.

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=pokemon+adventure+quest
Twitter: @knight_quest

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/F6HgCC55
Pokemon Sheet: http://pastebin.com/DqdcTfig
Companion Sheet: http://pastebin.com/dXvQc9g4
Item Sheet: http://pastebin.com/Q5UD9sZx
Events Sheet: http://pastebin.com/G1Zp4uXv

Write-ins are very much encouraged and frequently rewarded. I also appreciate comments as to why you chose what you wanted to vote for.

Currently…
“C-Commander!” The female grunt cries out in surprise. You chance a glance away from the fearsome foe standing at the entrance of the train car you currently reside in to check in on the girl standing next to you. The fear in her eyes and in her voice is unmistakable. It is an odd expression, clashing with the beautiful features of her face, and the whimsical pink of her hair. It’s the kind of mortal fear that is probably mirrored in your own expression. You see the female grunt turn to face you, and you can tell the gears in her head seem to turn; she sports a serious expression, though it still contains a twinge of fear. Will she betray you if it gives her a better chance at survival – a way to keep her superior from killing her alongside you – or were your words strong enough to convince her to change even if you can’t currently back them up with power? You’re inclined to think it is the former. It’s what you would do if you were in her position, but you aren’t, and you can only watch as their conversation unfolds.

“Oh Amelia, it is unlike you to fraternize with the enemy. I hope you weren’t giving away important team secrets.” The woman in the skintight suit allows a pokeball on her yellow belt to float so it’s at eye level. A threat, though it isn’t explicitly said to be. And she just showed you that she’s a psychic. A double threat. “You remember what happened to the last little grunt that tried to betray us, do you not?”

You see Amelia – so that’s her name – stand up straighter in an attempt to show deference to her superior, and yet you can clearly tell she’s shaking. Perhaps you are too but you’ve kind of stopped sensing your body. That can’t be a good sign.

(1/2)
>>
“I-I do remember,” Amelia says. She pauses for a moment before adding in a more purposeful tone, “I was defeated at his hands a week ago. I – I was hoping to get my revenge.” You see her step away from you and your pokemon, and her Nidorina stays between you and her. You now notice that your pokemon keep their eyes on the woman across the wide room; Vulcan and Robin are ready to attack at a moment’s notice. The way Robin’s hair is standing up indicates that she’s nervous. Perhaps your pokemon sense your apprehension.

“Do not lie to me!” The woman says, raising her voice fractionally. You see Amelia flinch, and you’re glad you don’t; you can’t afford to show weakness. No. Instead you tense up, ready to act. The situation could turn violent at any moment, and you need to find a way to escape.

“I wouldn’t!” Amelia cries out in despair.

“Do not forget that I can read your thoughts and intentions,” the woman states. “You carry within you deep hesitation, and it’s something I will not tolerate.” The pokeball that had been previously floating next to this woman starts flying forward, as if tossed.

(2/2)

You…
>Duck underneath the table as quickly as your body allows.
>Send your pokemon forward to swat the ball away to buy you some time.
>Step in between Amelia and this woman. Distract her so the female grunt can escape.
>Write-in
>>
>>388919
>Step in between to buy time

Welcome back QK! I missed the last thread or two because of work, but I'm looking forward to this one
>>
>>388919
Step in, have one of our mons swat it back at her, HARD.
>>
>>388952
>>389034
Roll a 1d100-10. DC will be 70. Best of 3.

Hi anon! I won't be leaving town this weekend, so expect me to run much more this weekend.
>>
>>389034
Seconding
>>
Rolled 46 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>389048
>>
>>389048
>>
>>389048
Lemme try that again
>>
>>389080
Try "dice+1d100+-10." I think that ought to work.
>>
>>389080
put it in the options field and it is dice+1d100+-10
>>
Rolled 27 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>389048
>>
Rolled 58 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>389048
>>
>>389048
Thanks for the advice, guys! Fingers crossed...
>>
>>389125
Not the name field, the options field below it.

Name
Options(dice)
Text box
>>
File: lol ur ded.png (161KB, 395x350px) Image search: [Google]
lol ur ded.png
161KB, 395x350px
>>389061
>>389093
>>389121
Your body moves without conscious effort from your mind, and you find yourself standing in front of the female grunt you sort of swore to save and protect. Anuket jumps on your head, and uses you as a spring board to launch herself towards the ball, but it moves unnaturally to avoid her. To you, it looked like the pokeball was travelling on an invisible slide, and as soon as Anuket jumped toward it, a trap on the slide sprung open to create a ramp, because the pokeball that was falling in a downward curve seemed to jump. Of course, there was no invisible slide, since your Totodile fails to hit anything solid except the floor; and you think you imagined the slide because it was both an easy concept to conceptualize and also you’re probably suffering from blood loss.

Next, Vulcan jumps forward to attack the spinning pokeball. He jumps forward, and attempts to use a headbutt. This time, the pokeball stops moving and sidesteps your Aron before falling straight to the floor. Mot fades into existence beneath the ball and manages to catch it, but before he can throw it somewhere that matters, it opens up and a dim dark light reveals a yellow humanoid pokemon with a long mustache. Its snout is long and thin, and it has large, sharp ears. In each hand, it holds a silver spoon. Its torso, knees, and forearms are a dark brown, and it floats down gently before touching the ground. You know that this is an Alakazam, since it was detective Dresden’s partner in that one straight-to-dvd movie that came out.

You remember it wasn’t a particularly good movie.

A distant part of you realizes that you hadn’t given your pokemon an order, yet they obeyed your wish. Another part of you drowns out that realization; she was toying with you. There was no way you were going to swat that pokeball out of the air.

(1/2)
>>
The woman chuckles lightly, but the smile on her face doesn’t reach her eyes. “Is this who you would betray us for?” She says. “He is pathetically weak.” You see the Alakazam raise one hand in the air, and you start to feel weightless. The floor underneath you seems to move away, and you see your pokemon float alongside you. Even Mot, who levitates himself through some unknown method, seems stuck floating next to you.

You don’t know what compels you, but you choose to look deep into the woman’s eyes, and she accepts your challenging gaze. It takes but a moment, and you hear her gasp as the floor jumps up to attack you. Or at least that’s what it seemed like to you. More than likely you fell, since you can see underneath the desk, and the couches near the entrance of the room obscure your view of the woman.

You notice Ral underneath the desk, and you can tell it’s him from the dumb looking cowlick on his green, helmet shaped hair. Ral offers you his hand, and you recall that psychic pokemon have the ability to teleport away. He’s offering you an out.

“You!” The woman exclaims. “You are pure evil.” You find that statement funny; isn’t she the one who orchestrated the attack on the train?

(2/2)

You…
>Accept Ral’s offer. It’s time to get away.
>Gesture to Ral to teleport Amelia away. You’ll be fine here on your own, maybe.
>Ask the lady to elaborate what she means.
>Write-in

>>389125
It's cool anon. You'll get it next time.
>>
>>389209
>>Ask the lady to elaborate what she means.
>>
>>389209
>Gesture to Ral to teleport Amelia away. You’ll be fine here on your own, maybe.
>>
>>389209
>>Gesture to Ral to teleport Amelia away. You’ll be fine here on your own, maybe.
>>Ask the lady to elaborate what she means.
How would it look if we bitched out right after that speech?
>>
>>389221
>>389222
Concur
>>
>>389209
>>
>>389218
>>389221
>>389222
>>389229
>>389245
You roll over to your back and see that the female grunt is standing still where you left her, but her gaze switches from her boss to you. Amelia seems a little freaked out since you managed to scare her boss with a single glance, but whatever brave expression you wear on your face seems to calm her down. Still, she looks at you questionably, and you see no evil intent by the look on her face; it is the face of someone trying to be brave when the odds are stacked against them. There’s no way you can leave this girl behind.

You gesture for Ral to take her away before all four of your pokemon help you struggle to stand up. You know you have to distract this lady long enough for Amelia to get away. It… It doesn’t matter much what happens to you if you can hold up your promise to save her.

Damn, you hope you go out looking this cool.

“I,” you say before coughing violently. You clear your throat before continuing. “I believe that you’re the evil one,” you call out, your voice rough. The woman you speak to shows no emotion on her face. Her words are clear and without inflection.

“Your future is one full of destruction,” she states. “I have a strong feeling that you will be the cause of great misery and suffering, and my feelings are rarely wrong.” She looks you in the eyes, and you see nothing but a deep void within them. “It is your destiny to bring death and ruin wherever you go.” You feel a chill go up your spine, as if this lady just looked into the deeper parts of your soul.

You’re not really sure what to say to that. It’s not like you cause the events that happen to you. Except maybe that one time you almost died as a little kid, but you didn’t burn down your childhood home, nor were you the cause of Team Invictus’ shady deeds when you stumbled upon them during your Trainer Exam. You also just stumbled upon the coup and the train robbery(?) that happened today. There’s no way she’s right, even if she is psychic. Or is she? Could this be some kind of mind fuckery she’s pulling? And why would she even need to? Perhaps she gets some perverse pleasure from messing with her victims before killing them.

(1/2)
>>
“I do no such thing,” the woman says, offended. She shakes her head before looking out a window. She talks more to herself than to you. “The scientist lady warned me that a boy would get in my way.” She turns to face you. “You are hardly in my way. In fact, you can hardly stand up. No, she must’ve meant of the greater threat you pose not only to my group and myself, but to the world at large.” The older woman seems to hit upon a realization. “Yes, I will get rid of you before you can reach your full potential.”

“Alex!” You turn around to see Amelia kneeling, holding Ral’s hand. She gestures for you to hold her other hand, but you know that teleporting one person is tough enough for a young psychic pokemon, let alone two. Or at the very least, you don’t want to gamble with the odds that you’re wrong. On the other hand…

You turn to see a sharp blade of telekinetic energy rushing towards you; if it hits, you’ll be cut in half. Your body feels too heavy to move out of the way, and you shut your eyes. You’re not going to make it.

You’re not really sure what death feels like, but it’s not this. You open your eyes and see Mot in front of you, a green shield in front of him. It looks like the brave ghost soldier just saved your life. You see that Amelia still hasn’t teleported away. “Go!” You shout at Ral, and in a flash of white light, they’re both gone. Your four pokemon stand by your side, ready to fight.

You know that having Mot try to use protect again is risky, but your opponent could just keep you in place with her psychic powers. And you also know that there’s a door on the other side of the desk, and that the train is slowing down.

(2/2)

You…
>Bumrush the opponent. Maybe you can surprise her.
>Play defensively. You want to surprise.
>Think you could maybe get to the door to escape.
>Use your words to create a distraction.
>Write-in

Sorry for the long wait time. I don't feel the story spilling forth naturally like it usually does. Perhaps my muse is on vacation?
>>
>>389418
>>Use your words to create a distraction.
>>
>>389418
>>Use your words to create a distraction.
>>Bumrush the opponent. Maybe you can surprise her.
We ain't gonna just pussy out here.
>>
>>389418
>>Write-in
Ask about the destruction of the device, and say how we nearly killed a buizel
>>
>>389418
>Use your words to create a distraction.

This is tense as hell, but since she's an admin, we probably won't win a straight fight. We'll either have to escape on our own or buy enough time for the Ralts to recover and teleport us out of here.
>>
>>389427
>>389435
>>389437
>>389449
Roll me a 1d20+5 (+3 for Detective-in-Training, +2 for creative suggestion) vs DC 21 (base 15 +4 for psychic, +2 for slightly crazy). Fail or pass, you're probably getting some kind of speech trait after this.
>>
Rolled 19 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>389477
>>
Rolled 14 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>389477
>>
Rolled 3 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>389477
>>
>>389481
Based.
>>
>>389481
You know you won’t be so lucky this time, so you feel thoughts racing through your mind. You start putting together things that this lady has said: She expects you to cause some kind of catastrophic event, something she thinks she saw in a vision. She also mentioned a scientist lady that warned her about you. Or at least that’s what this lady thinks. You only know of one scientist who can be behind this. “You’ve talked to Professor Maple,” you comment. That causes your opponent to pause. You press the advantage. “She did something… To my mind. I – I thought whatever happened to me was cured, but I almost ended up killing a Buizel. Is that what you’re talking about? Am I going to get mind controlled and be forced to do evil.”

“Don’t be stupid, boy,” the admin lady says. “The machine she created merely causes your instincts to take over. Whatever bloodlust you possess when under its sway is your own.” No, that can’t be. You’re going to be a hero… What kind of hero has some kind of hidden malicious side inside them?

“You’re wrong!” You yell, your voice cracking. Yet you see that she doesn’t believe you. At least your little exchange gave you enough time to set up… Something. You can’t plan with her reading your mind, so you follow your gut, and think about attacking her all out. You feel more than anything that the moment changed, and your respite from the attack ended. Her Alakazam floats backward, getting closer to her, while firing a barrage of shadow balls.

Vulcan takes this moment to rush forward, a purple aura surrounding him. He’s able to destroy a couch, spreading wood and cushion fabric everywhere. This has the added effect of absorbing most of the damage of a barrage of shadow balls that comes your way. You see that one makes contact with Vulcan, pushing him back and making him slide under the desk.

(1/2)
>>
File: Mystery Girl.png (303KB, 900x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Girl.png
303KB, 900x1476px
Meanwhile, Anuket, powered up by two Hone Claws, is able to tear apart the desk keeping you separated from the door. The splinters she creates absorb some of the shadow balls, but she too sustains injury, and her unconscious body flies back to lay next to Vulcan’s.

Robin jumps in front of you, absorbing every shadow ball that came your way, while Mot, powered up by two Nasty Plots sends dark purple flames towards the opponent. They manage to land, hitting your foe with a supereffective Hex. Unfortunately, your pokemon is unable to dodge the rush of shadow balls that heads his way, and he too faints.

You find yourself with three of four pokemon fainted, and you were only able to inflict some damage on her pokemon. Your three fainted are automatically recalled as you throw their pokeballs in their direction; you touch the buckle of your trainer belt, and the balls that now carry three of your fainted pokemon return to you. You’re able to open the train door open, and a curious young woman, maybe a few years older than you, stands on the other side.

“Much obliged,” she says. “It’s harder than you think finding a way inside with the other entrance virtually crushed.” She steps forward, so you step aside and let her in. She’s a curious person, dressed in regular clothing, but you don’t get any kind of feeling from her. She neither feels like a bad guy nor a hero, and she doesn’t give you the same spine tingling feeling of a trainer.

(2/2)

You…
>Use this opportunity to leave. You probably won’t stay alive for long if you stay.
>Stay. Something weird is happening here.
>Do something else [write-in]
>>
>>389539
>>
>>389539
>>Stay. Something weird is happening here.
>>
>>389539
>>Stay. Something weird is happening here.
>>
>>389539
>>
>>389539
>>
>>389549
>>389551
>>389555
>>389560
You stay rooted in place, momentarily confused. Your mind is screaming at you to run – to get as far away as possible from this situation, but your body refuses to cooperate. You find yourself a little mesmerized, a little curious. So you stay put, despite Robin trying to pull you away.

“Oh, so you’re not going to run?” The woman in a hoodie asks, as casually as if she were asking you what time it is or what the weather is like. You know the answer to neither of those things.

Another blade of blue telekinetic energy heads your way. The woman holds her hand out and you see a little yellow creature jump out of the sleeve of the mysterious woman’s hoodie. You see a brief flash of green energy, and the blade is gone. “Tch tch,” your savior says. “This was over the moment you chose to rob this train. Your goons have been captured, and I made sure no passengers were harmed.” She shrugs as if it were no big deal. “You almost got away too, but unfortunately for you, I brought Atlas today, and he was able to fly me here.” You hear a buzzing sound, and see a giant beetle pokemon enter through the side entrance. “What, aren’t you going to say something? You were really chatty with this kid here.” She turns to face you, and whispers, “If she’s right, I might have to destroy you.”

(1/2)
>>
“You’re the former champion,” the admin states. “Unfortunately, you seem immune to my powers.” You see the admin hesitate as the woman in front of you doesn’t deny her assertion. She pauses before asking, “Are the rumors true? Were you really able to calm down the Continent Mover with a bunch of Weedle and Scatterbug?”

“That’s a bit of an exaggeration,” the former champ says, “but I probably could have done it with just those pokemon. They’re more resilient and clever than you’d think.” The Continent Mover? Isn’t that a legendary? You’re a little surprised how casual the woman in front of you can be. Is she so powerful that the deadly situation you just went through strikes her as a minor annoyance? She again turns to face you, and this time you feel a little intimidated. “I need you to help the conductor exit the train car for just a moment. She’s about to mega evolve, and it’ll be easier on me if I don’t have to worry about the old man.” You turn to see that the train conductor is on the floor a few meters away, and you move to help him. You exit just as the enemy’s Alakazam starts to glow. You’re not sure what mega evolution is, but you know that it’s probably way out of your league. All of this is.

You’re able to get a five meters away from the train, both you and Robin helping to carry the train conductor with you before a blast of energy knocks the three of you off your feet. You groan internally as pain wracks through your body. Right, you’re still hurt, and the adrenaline can only take you so far. You manage to roll to your back, and you see that the grass around you is bent. The blast that made you fall must’ve been a shockwave, and you’re kind of glad you weren’t in the train car when it happened.

Someone grabs your arm, and the next thing you know, you find yourself inside an air conditioned building. A familiar feminine voice asks if you’re okay, and you see a few familiar faces crowd around you. You see Katie, Kori, your Munchlax Robin, Otto, and Heph look down at you. There’s a mixture of relief and worry on all their faces.

(2/2)

You…
>Tell them everything, including the fact that you might be hiding bloodlust.
>Tell them most of it, hiding the bloodlust.
>Tell them parts of it, leaving out the bloodlust part and the fact that the girl you saved was an enemy.
>Just tell them you’re fine but in slight need of medical attention.
>Write-in

That was just a taste of what high level battling looks like.
>>
>>389627
>Tell them everything, including the fact that you might be hiding bloodlust.
>>
>>389627
>Write-in

I am prepared to tell them everything but not Otto, I am not sure where our rival stands on all of this. For right now just ask for some medical attention and then figure out a way to get them back together for the story. We really do need some extra ears with this.

Also make sure we're more subtle than just telling Otto to fuck off
>>
>>389627
>>Tell them everything, including the fact that you might be hiding bloodlust.
>>
>>389627
>>Tell them everything, including the fact that you might be hiding bloodlust.
compliment Heph's resourcefulness and tact and offer him a spot on our team.
>>
>>389632
>>389640
>>389671
>>389683
You close your eyes for a moment, breathing a sigh of relief. It feels good – really good – to know you’re surrounded by friends and allies. There’s some pain there, and it switches between a sharp concentrated pain to a dull ache all around.

“Hey, give the guy some room,” Heph says, and you feel light hit your closed eyelids. You hold your arm out and groan when he picks you off the floor. “Oh shit, sorry,” he says, worry all over the dumb guy’s face.

“Does someone have pain meds?” You ask. A cursory glance reveals that you’re at a pokemon center. The arrangement looks somewhat familiar, as does the arrangement of couches around you. You turn to the counter and see a familiar smug face. Robert. He waves a hello at you and you bring one hand up in response. It’s an awkward greeting, but you like that you don’t actually have to say something. Robert throws something at Heph, who catches it.

“Pain meds,” Robert says. You nod your head in appreciation but stay silent.

“Shouldn’t we be taking you to the hospital?” Katie asks. That’s probably sensible, but you feel you have something to tell them. You see Otto and Robert there, and even Cleo leans against a pillar.

“I’m calling a quick team meeting,” you say. “Help me get to…” You look around until you see a corner of the pokemon center that should let you speak without being overheard, if you’re not too loud. You point there, and Heph gives you a pill that you quickly down. Heph and Kori help you walk there with Katie following behind.

They seat you down, and you stop Heph from leaving. “Hey guy, you’re a member as far as I’m concerned.” He sits down, but you can’t get a good read on the expression on his face. Regardless, you start by addressing your teammate’s worries, and they do the same for you.

You start by asking them where your pokemon are, and Kori tells you that they’re being treated by the nurse. “Robert said you’re lucky that none of them sustained serious injury.”

You’re not really sure where to start, so you choose to start at the beginning. “Alright, so I guess I never told you guys how I got my S-rank status,” you say.

(1/3)
>>
“How does that relate to the train?” Katie asks. She’s as inquisitive as always. You think she would’ve made a great journalist had that been her passion.

“I’ll get to that,” you say. After all, it does relate to what was said.

“If we’re going to share, I should probably divulge how I received mine as well,” Kori states. You admit you were curious, but you kind of have something important to say.

“What? You’re both S-rank?” Heph asks with mild surprise. “That’s insane. I barely managed to get A-rank.” He turns to Katie. “Don’t tell me all three of you are trainers with the highest potential.”

“No,” Katie says, sadly. “The Pokemon League Association doesn’t recognize move tutoring as a legit area of study, so I was assigned a B-rank. If it were, then perhaps I’d have the same rank as my teammates.” This is excellent conversation. You’re glad everyone is getting to know each other, but you were in the middle of a story. You clear your throat, and they stop talking.

“As I was saying,” you say. You eye each friend, but they volunteer to stay quiet. “Alright, well, it started like any normal Trainer Registration Exam. I was offered a loan pokemon for my test-”

“Actually, that step can be skipped if you bring your own pokemon,” Katie chimes in. You give her the evil eye, and she shuts up again.

“I chose Gojira,” you continue your tale. “Robert gave me a choice between a river, forest, and cave. I chose the latter, and that’s where I found Vulcan.”

Heph raises his hand. You roll your eyes but indicate that he can speak. “Excuse me, but who’s Gojira and who’s Vulcan?” Right, he’s never met your pokemon before.

“I chose a Larvitar as my loan pokemon,” you correct yourself. “And I caught an Aron in the cave. That’s where my exam should’ve ended and I would’ve had to battle. Well there was a cave-in, some kind of rock slide, and I got separated from Robert. I ended up stumbling unto some kind of Team Invictus plot.” You note that your audience is captivated. Or at least enough to not interrupt you. “It turns out they caged a bunch of pokemon and built some kind of black spire in a large cavern. I freed the wild pokemon, and met a person there named Amelia. We fought, I got away, and I met the heroes of the Chante region. Together we fought, but the black spire was able to activate. It caused everyone there, heroes excluded, to turn to their base instinct…”

“And it affected you too,” Kori says. “That was also a disappointingly short story,” she adds.

“Yeah,” you admit; you can give them a more detailed account later. “Well after that, I was given my rank, and I was allowed to keep the Larvitar, Gojira.”

“But you were cured?” Katie asks, getting straight to the important parts.

(2/3)
>>
“I thought I was,” you say. “But when I was alone in that underground lake looking for the two of you, I had a kind of trance, and almost killed a few wild pokemon that attacked me. And well, today when I fought an admin of Team Instinct-”

“You what?!” Heph interrupts you. It looks like he hasn’t gotten used to this shenanigans yet. Then again, neither have you. You’ve spent way too much time almost dying since you’ve become a trainer.

“I fought some psychic lady and almost escaped with my life,” you say, stating the facts. Didn’t that happen to you just a few minutes ago? “Well she told me that the black spire only activates base instincts, and that I have some kind of bloodthirst when I turn to my instincts. Like… I have an inner evil or something.”

Your companions are quiet for a moment, before Katie says, “Nope.”

“Nope?” You ask, raising an eyebrow.

“Nope,” Katie confirms. She elaborates. “I’ve only known you for what? Less than a week? But I’ve seen the kind of person you are. You’re kind, and thoughtful, and you put others first. You saved that girl from Team Instinct.” You can’t help but find yourself smiling.

“Plus, this could be an asset, if used correctly,” Kori says. You can see her already plotting.

“And I guess I can hold you back,” Heph says, showing you his bulging biceps.

Honestly, you’re really glad you met these people. Wait. Did Katie mention a girl? “Hey Kate, what girl did I save?”

“Oh, um,” she turns around to look at the pokemon center. “That one,” Katie says, pointing at a girl exiting the shower area, a towel wrapped around her pink hair.

“You!” You yell.

“You!” She yells back, a smile on her face. You see your companions are confused by this exchange.

(3/3)

You…
>Introduce her as a friend.
>Tell them she was once an enemy.
>Ask to speak to her in private to ask her what she plans on doing next.
>Something else [write-in]
>>
>>389697
>>Ask to speak to her in private to ask her what she plans on doing next.
>>
>>389697
>>
>>389697
>>Introduce her as a friend.
>>
>>389697
>>
>>389702
>>389705
>>389720
“Let’s talk,” you try to yell, but your voice cracks. You break into a fit of coughs and your companions worry over you. You feel Heph gently pat your back, while Katie moves around, unsure of what to do. When it ends, you whisper to Kori that you would like to talk to the girl you rescued, but in private. She nods and gets your friends to leave your side. Kori doesn’t question you explicitly, but you can tell that she wants an answer. You choose to not say anything for now.

Amelia walks up to you, and whistles. “Holy shit dude, you look like shit.” You glance down at your clothes; there’s still dry blood all over you, and you’re pretty sure most if not all of it is yours. “I honestly thought you were dead, and I was wondering how I was going to honor your memory.”

“Well, as you can clearly see, I’m not dead,” you state, your voice rough. You ask for a cup of water, and she retrieves you one. You gulp it all down, before continuing. “So what do you plan on doing now? You can’t exactly go back.”

“Right, well I was considering, y’know, going into hiding. Dying my hair some kind of nonconspicious color, but then I thought, hey what would that guy who died to save me do? And so I figure I could use what measly knowledge I have about the current gang war situation to help the cops ‘n shit. I mean, they’ll probs give me less jail time since I’d be cooperating. And, uh, I could maybe help people? I don’t know dude. Life is rough, and I’ve had to look out for myself for a while now, and… I guess thank you? That’s what people say, right? You stuck your neck out for me, and no one’s ever done that before. So, um, yeah…”

You’re kind of glad Amelia turned out okay. It would’ve sucked if she ran off to join Team Instinct or Team Invictus again. Still, you’re not sure if you like those options. You look over at Heph, and it looks like he’s telling Katie some kind of joke, since you see her laugh, and you even see Kori chuckle. It looks like he gets along pretty well with your group. Still, you can’t help but feel responsible for this girl.

You…
>Urge her to stay in hiding.
>Tell her she can do lots of good working with the cops.
>Ask her to join your team, even if it means it’ll be full.
>Say something else [write-in]
>>
>>389732
>>Ask her to join your team, even if it means it’ll be full.
>>
>>389732
>Tell her she can do lots of good working with the cops.
>tell her to keep in touch.
>>
>>389732
>>Ask her to join your team, even if it means it’ll be full.
>>
>>389738
>>389740
why? more waifuing?
>>
>>389743
>oh it's a grill so you must be waifuing
Maybe we've made her leave her entire world behind and shouldn't just send her to be a narc for a reduced sentence.
>>
>>389738
>>389740
“You know, there’s more than two options available to you,” you say.

“Yeah, smart guy? Please en-light-en me,” she says. Her tone is clearly meant to encourage friendly banter, but you sense some hope there. Or maybe you’re imagining it.

“Well, I was thinking you could join a Rescue Team and help people directly,” you say. After all, that’s why Rescue Teams were made. Though you haven’t exactly gone on a single mission. You kind of forgot the mission board was even still there.

“I, uh, don’t exactly have a license,” Amelia admits. “It’s why I was kind of worried about talking to the cops. I hear you can get arrested for owning pokemon without one of those.” You see her instinctively touch the pokeball at her belt.

“I can help you get through it,” you say. “And, I mean, you could join my team?” You ask her. You see Amelia’s eyes go wide, and a smile crosses her face, before she kind of deflates.

“I dunno, boss,” she says. “You’re heroic and all. Or, uh, evil maybe? What if I can’t keep up?”

“I’ll just have to help you get better,” you tell her. “We can start studying tomorrow and helping you get ready for the Trainer Exam. It honestly isn’t that tough.”

“I, uh, well. Thank you,” she says. She gives you a gentle hug. “So, like, what do we do now?” You gesture to your friends.

“Help me walk to them,” you say. And she does so. When Kori sees you heading her way, she nudges Heph, and he moves to help Amelia get you to the group.

“So what did you two talk about?” Katie asks, in a casual manner. You look at Heph, and you’re not exactly sure how to say this. So you just say it.

“I asked her to join our team,” you say. Katie gasps and puts her hands over her mouth. All eyes go to Heph.

“Oh, uh, yeah okay,” he says. “I, um, wouldn’t want to get in the way of your harem,” he says, jokingly. It falls kind of flat though.

“But he’s your old friend!” Katie says. “You can’t just turn him away! Um, uh, I could leave the team. Yeah, uh, you guys make a great team, and it isn’t fair to separate you guys again.”

“What? No. Katie, you were in the team first,” Heph says. “Anyways, I’m used to travelling alone. I’ve managed to stay fine as is….”

“Hey,” Amelia says, getting everyone’s attention. “If my being here is causin’ trouble, I can leave.” She faces you. “Look Alex, I ‘preciate the offer, but you shouldn’t have offered me a place if you already gave it to someone else.”

You’re not really sure what to do. You look at Kori. “I’m not offering my spot,” she says. “I was a founding member, but your job was always recruitment. You got yourself into this mess, so get yourself out of it.”

Um, you…
>Tell Heph there’s no room.
>Thank Katie for everything she’s done, but… As if anyone would pick this option.
>Say sorry to Amy but you already have a full team.
>Pick the fourth option.

Amy's actually kind of fun to write? You guys don't have a bad boy/girl yet.
>>
>>389768
>>Pick the fourth option.
>>
>>389768
>>Pick the fourth option.
I think Robert'll let us have ONE more member.
>>
>>389768
No room for Heph
>>
>>389768
Fourth one, we are special snowflake!
>>
>>389772
>>389775
>>389778
This was basically a non-option/no-brainer. Thanks for playing, mates. I'll continue on Thursday in the same thread; probably starting around 6 pm central time again.

This thread didn't feel as strong, and some of the options could've been better. Idk. What do y'all think?

>>389777
Next run I'll give you the option one final time of booting out Heph.

[Also, I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys might have about how choosing any of the other options in the quest would've affected the story. Barring stuff that could lead to spoilers.]
>>
>>389783
I think it felt a little weak, but through no fault of your own. We kind of worked ourselves into a corner with our choices, and the writing and following choices reflected that. Keep up the good work, QK.
>>
>>389783
I liked the thread. It was pretty tense, especially when we were facing off against the instinct admin. What was the speech we were supposed to get though?
>>
>>389866
Speech perk, I mean.
>>
File: le dubs guy 28.jpg (26KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
le dubs guy 28.jpg
26KB, 500x357px
>>389866
this
checked
>>
>>389768
say sorry to Amy
>>
>>389768
Fuck Amelia, let's ask Robert to join.
>>
>>389783

I liked the run, as always!

But am I the only one not getting what "the fourth option" is? I don't see it mentioned anywhere?
>>
>>391651
it means ask Rpbert to let us have both, as we know certain teams have extended limits as theyre special.
>>
>>390006
You're new trait is [Speechcraft Artist]. It's in the character sheet pastebin.
>>
>>391657

Ah, it's implied I guess?

Also, I am getting confused with team Invictus and team Instinct, can someone enlighten me?
>>
Well QK, I know you're wanting to do more than Pokemon at some point, so I've come up with some ideas for themes. If they're marked by an asterisk it means I think it would compliment your writing style especially well.

>Dragon Ball*
>Resident Evil
>The British Isles(any time frame pre-norman is good, old brythonic, gaelic, anglo-saxon)
>Varangian Guard
>Lovecraft
>Civil War
>Pirates*
>Mount and Blade
>Ape Escape*
>Persona, or SMT in general*
>>
>>392812
Also, Warhammer Fantasy, maybe some sort of /m/quest.
>>
>>392812
>>392865
Oh, and maybe if you like the pokemon theme you could do a Pokemon Academy Life quest. It's killing me that the demo is so short.
>>
>>392786
They're separate bad guy teams, as far as Alex is aware, but it appears that Amelia has been in both teams. Instinct claims to be a brand new team, though.

>>392812
I've actually considered some kind of pirate quest, but I'm not sure. I was hoping of trying an OC setting I've been slowly developing once we finish this quest.
>>
By the way, will the quest continue tonight?
>>
>>394230
Sorry anon. I don't feel ready to run tonight. I'm pushing the thread back to tomorrow, but I'm also planning on running a longer session on Saturday.
>>
It's okay mang
>>
>>389623
A giant bug pokemon named Atlas? Reminds me of the Worm web serial
>>
You feel a sudden onset of exhaustion, like all your energy is suddenly drained, but your obligation to your companion and friends keeps you from laying down on the ground and taking a long nap. As long as you stand, you should be able to stay awake.

You turn to Katie first. “Katie, you’re staying on the team.” You put a finger to her soft lips to keep her from protesting. “Once you’re part of this team, there’s no leaving,” you inform her. That’s technically not true, but you could always add that clause into The Excel contracts. That’s something to consider for later.

You turn to face the two potential members of your team. Heph has proven himself to be reliable, but you feel some responsibility for Amy; you did convince her to betray the bad guys and put herself in danger after all. They both look at you, waiting for your decision. You muse at how easy it is to lead, and start wondering how long it will be before you have to start making hard decisions. You have a hard decision ahead of you, of who to accept into your Rescue Team. At least, it would be a hard decision if you didn’t know of another option.

There’s always another option.

“Listen up,” you say, and all four of your friends lean in. “Rescue Teams are usually limited to four people, but they allow room for expansion. I, um, think there’s a test?” You scratch the top of your head. You think you’re right.

“Correct,” Kori adds.

“Thank you,” you tell her. “It’s simple. We’ll pass that test, and with Kori and I as leaders, I have confidence that we’ll pass.” Yeah. Why limit yourself to 4 people? You like Heph and Ames.

Heph smiles. “Man, you scared me for a second there. Not that, uh, I couldn’t take care of myself, but it’s a lot less scarier exploring forests when there’s more people around.”

“Ye boss, I’m glad you thought o’ something,” Amelia says. “That’ll teach me to second guess you.”

You see Katie go up to talk to Robert, and you feel like you have this little crisis averted. You limp towards the couch and take a seat. “I’m just gonna…” You mumble as your head hits a cozy pillow. You go to sleep almost instantly.

(1/2)
>>

You wake to the sound of a steady beeping noise. Beep. Beep. Beep. You find yourself laying in a bed, some kind of small tube attached to your hand. You look to your right and find Katie sleeping there with, covered in a blanket. To your left, you see Heph concentrating on some kind of book. He looks up, looks down, then looks up again. “Oh! Oh! Katie, he’s awake!” Heph practically yells in excitement. You see your tall friend move to the other side of the bed to stir your sleeping companion. “She took the first shift to watch you while I slept,” Heph explains.

Katie opens her eyelids and smiles widely when she sees you before getting a furious expression. “You scared me half to death!” She says, though she sounds more relieved than angry. “When you fell asleep in the Pokemon Center, none of us could wake you up. So we rushed you to the hospital, and they were chiding us for not taking you sooner. I mean, you looked like shit, but you weren’t complaining and no one else was saying anything, so I kept my mouth shut.” She crosses her arms. “That’ll teach me to be more vocal.” You chuckle, but that causes you to groan in pain. You have to wave your companions off – you’d rather they not baby you.

“Don’t worry about your pokemon,” Heph adds. “They’re with your mom, and she’s planning on stopping by in…” He looks to his watch. “I’d say less than an hour.”

“How long have I been out?” You manage to ask.

“2 days,” Heph tells you. You feel groggy, and tired despite your two days of rest.

(2/2)

>”Where’s Kori and Amy?”
>”Hey Kate, anything interesting happen while I was out?”
>”When can I get out?”
>”What about the membership addition test?”
>Other
>>
>>398056

>”Where’s Kori and Amy?”
>”Hey Kate, anything interesting happen while I was out?”
>>
>>398088
“Could you pass me some water?” You whisper. You slowly lift your arms to test your strength and you don’t remember them feeling so heavy. Heph hands you a bottle of water and helps you drink it without spilling it all over yourself. You thank the man in your head but don’t elect to say anything. Any sort of praise will make him want to continue to pamper you, probably.

“Where are the others?” You ask.

“Amy wanted to feel productive,” Katie says. “So she’s training with Kori since she only has one pokemon and wanted at least one more.”

“As for Otto and Cleo,” Heph says. “They decided to leave their separate ways. Otto said something about you not doing so easily, and I think Cleo said she won’t be upstaged so easily next time.”

“Yeah, it sounds like you have more than one rival now,” Katie says. She takes out her Omnivice and unscrolls it so that it turns from a phone to a tablet. You see her tap a few buttons.

“So what did I miss?” You ask. It’s weird to lose 2 days so suddenly. You guess you pushed yourself a little too hard.

(1/2)
>>
“Someone attacked River City while we were fighting Team Instinct in the train,” Katie informs you. “The two bad guy teams still fighting that gang war in the north are starting to spread across the region. There’s pockets of fighting all over the map.” She shows you a picture of the chante region, and you see that most of the fighting is concentrated in the north, with some spar conflicts throughout. You see red, blue, and yellow splotches throughout. “The governor has declared martial law, and it looks like the heroes aren’t making too much a difference.”

“On the bright side,” Heph says. “That means there’s a huge influx of work for Rescue Teams. The, uh, servers are still down, so it’s just a bunch of paper on bulletin boards right now, but it’s still pretty cool.”

“How long am I going to be stuck here?” You ask. Heph and Katie look at each other.

“I’m not sure,” Katie says carefully. “But shouldn’t you worry about recovering? Why rush out and there and get yourself hurt again?” Shouldn’t heroes go out and help people even if they’re hurt? You refrain from answering her question though. Maybe you should just stay here and recover. It’s not like the hospital will charge you; what kind of barbaric place would charge it’s citizens to recover their health, especially if it heals pokemon for free.

You look up to see Heph entering the room with a man in a white lab coat. Or you suppose that’s a doctor coat. It probably has a name, and you’re just not sure what it is. “Ah, so he’s awake,” the doctor says. He grabs the thing at the foot of your bed that has some papers in it. He asks you a few questions about how you’re feeling and checks the devices around you. “So we recommend three days of recovery here in the hospital to make sure all your vitals are good, but you’re free to leave if you wish,” he informs you.

(2/2)

You look at your companions’ worried faces, but you also know you have lots of trainer and hero-in-training stuff to do. You…
>Will follow your doctor’s advice.
>Leave and go do stuff outside.
>Other

Better options forthcoming. Expect stuff to happen either way.
>>
>>398281
>Will follow your doctor’s advice.
>Ask if we can put our mons through their paces in the yard or common areas, exercising n all.
>>
>>398306
You sigh. Something within urges to get out of bed and to continue moving forward, but your friends are right. You could use the rest to recover while you plot how the five of you will proceed. After all, you have to find a way to convince the Pokemon League Association to allow you more team members. “Alright,” you tell your doctor. “I wouldn’t mind a reason to stay in bed all day.” You smile at your little joke, and you manage to get a small chuckle from the doctor.

“Okay. I’ll let the nurses monitor your situation, and they’ll inform how you’re doing,” he says smoothly. “I’ll come back at the end of the three day period, and we’ll see if you need more rest or if we can discharge you from our care.” That said, you and your companions are left to your own devices.

It isn’t long after the doctor left, perhaps a minute or two, when Kori and Amelia walk in. “Oh hey look, the boss is awake,” Amy says. She gives you a quick hug.

“Yes, that is why we’re here,” Kori states. She holds up her phone, and you understand her meaning. Katie probably sent a message to Kori as soon as she realized you were awake. Kori gazes at you, as if to see into your soul. You feel yourself involuntarily shudder slightly. “You appear better,” she comments.

“So we getting down to business or what?” Amy says. She plops down on a chair near Katie and decides to swings her legs on Katie. You notice that Katie doesn’t protest. “That’s how this team stuff works, right?”

“I’m all ears,” you say. “What’s the situation?”

“Robert told us that they won’t even consider raising the Rescue Team member limit of The Excel unless we were Gold rank. The higher ranked we are, the better our chances.” Kori tells you.

“And what about the test?” You ask. You try sitting up, but fail, so Heph grabs some kind of remote and raises the top half of the bed by pressing a button. He shows you where the button is, and you have the bed raise you up to a sitting position. “Thanks,” you tell him before turning your attention to Kori.

(1/2)
>>
“We aren’t allowed to take it unless we’re of sufficient rank,” Kori says. “And the only way to raise our rank is to do Rescue Missions.”

“Which means it’s a good thing there’s so much disaster right now,” Amelia says. Everyone turns to face her, and you think they’re all aware of her criminal background. There’s some slight tension in the air.

“She’s not wrong,” Katie says with a shrug, and you notice the tension dissipate.

“We need to make a decision,” Kori says, moving back to business. “We could bring Heph into our team now and have him work missions, but since Amelia isn’t a cetified trainer yet, and if she doesn’t get a high enough rank in her test, then it’ll be a lot tougher to even get the Membership Boost Test.”

You look at Amelia. She’s wears leggings under her short shorts and a vest over a “Pokemon Rulez” shirt. Her pink hair is covered by a cap – your ironic hat, you note. You get a small trainer vibe from her, but it isn’t the same intense aura you get from the rest of your friends. “What are her chances of getting a high trainer rank?” You ask.

“Not high,” Amy answers. “And also, she can answer for herself,” Amy adds with some snark.

“So what we could do is train Amy and have her join first,” Katie says. “Then we can appeal to have Heph join, and since he’s a decently good rank, it shouldn’t be too hard to get the test.”

“But it also means we won’t get as many rank points since I won’t be helping you guys do missions,” Heph says. Of course, there’s also the option of not accepting a fourth member, though you aren’t sure how that will affect your appeal. You’ll only have Katie and Kori available for missions, but perhaps you can argue with the Pokemon League Association that you cannot choose Heph over Amy and vice-versa. You’re not sure how that will go.

(2/2)

You will…
>Have Heph join first. You need the Rank points.
>Have Amy join first; it could help in the long run.
>Have neither of them join, and try to build a case off that.
>Other?

It looks like it's just me and you tonight anon. How's your Friday been?
>>
>>398525

I'm here too!

Ehm, so I know that four is the limit, but what does being a team actually mean? Like, you could just wander around with 5, right? When does it become a problem?
>>
>>398525
>Have Heph join first
Surely just because she can't be on our team yet, doesn't mean she can't travel with us and train with us to get the experience?

UKfag here, I'd like to be able to stay and vote so it's not just a one reader run, but I really need to sleep, sorry
>>
>>398525
>>Have Heph join first. You need the Rank points.
I feel like crap boss man but i'm here.
>>
>>398585
Nothing is stopping her from travelling with you guys, but it's recommended that people travel in groups no bigger than 4 to make it easier to keep track of one another. You won't be breaking a law if you travel with more than 4 people, but you won't get the benefits beret to people within a Rescue Team. She wouldn't get the hotel discount your team would get; she wouldn't be able to participate in Gym Team Challenges, and other various benefits people get for being in teams.
>>
>>398604

NLfag here, so even an hour later. Still going strong though, it's weekend bruh.

>>398607

What's the matter?
>>
>>398624

Okay, I see.

>Have Heph join first
>>
>>398634
Work was a pain day sucked.
>>
>>398525
>Have Amy join first; it could help in the long run.
>>
>>398642
Aw man that sucks, now it's time for Pokémon though!
>>
>>398604
>>398607
>>398641
You look at Ames then at Heph. This is one of those tough leader decisions. In the end, you suppose Rank points take precedent. Your team has yet to do any missions, so you have no points at the moment.

“Actually,” Kori says, as if reading your mind, “I did a few missions while you were hospitalized.” She gestures towards Katie, who’s resting her arms on your bed, and at Heph, who’s sitting nearby with his arms crossed. “You had those two to look after you, so I thought you’d appreciate the initiative.” She looks at Amy. “I took her with me to test her skills, and it stumps me why you want her to join us… No offense.”

“None taken,” Amy says casually.

“Missions are divided by how difficult they are,” Kori explains. “The easier a mission, the lower it’s rank.”

“And you also get less Rank points,” Amy adds.

“Yes,” Kori says. “I’m inclined to have us try the more difficult missions. Besides wanting the challenge, we’re in desperate need of the points if we’re to make the deadline.”

“Deadline?” You ask. It looks like you’re still the clueless leader. Maybe you could read while you’re here?

“Robert reported our desire to expand the team roster,” Heph says. “And they gave us a time limit of a week to see how far we would go. We…” He looks at his watch. “Have six days left.” That’s not a lot of time.

“Right,” you say. “In that case, I think Heph should join first. We’ll work hard to rise in the ranks as quickly as possible and prove that we can handle ourselves.” You start to get up, but you feel a strong hand on your right shoulder and a gentler hand on your left shoulder keep you firmly on the bed.

“You have to rest,” Katie says, with a forceful if reassuring voice.

“We’ll handle it,” Heph adds. You stay seated on your bed, cross your arms, and sulk.

“Hey, it’s okay,” Amelia says. “You can help me study for the Trainer Test thing. I’m not sure what specialty to pick.”

“She can’t catch for shit,” Kori tells you.

“Yeah,” Amy agrees. “Even with this babe’s help I couldn’t catch a thing. I just couldn’t throw the ball right.”

“She’s a decent battler,” Kori says. “But I think even Katie could beat her.”

“Hey!” Katie says in mock offense. Kori ignores her.

“I’ve yet to see her train her pokemon. Maybe you’ll find some kind of hidden talent?” You hear a note of hope in Kori’s voice. It looks like she’s leaving the hard task of helping Amy get her Trainer Card to you. “In the meanwhile, the rest of us will go on as many missions as we can.”

>”Avoid the tough missions. I don’t want you guys getting hurt.”
>”Try to get as many points as possible. I trust you guys to take care of yourselves.”
>Let them do whatever they want.
>Write-in

>>398642
Good thing it's Friday, mate. Plus, I'm planning on running throughout the weekend. So, there's that?
>>
>>398755
>>
>>398770
Seconding, they can handle the responsibility, and it shows we trust them.
>>
>>398755
>>
>>398770
Backing this.
>>
>>398770
>>398797
>>398805
>>398902
You contemplate telling them to be careful or to be as reckless as possible, but you honestly trust them to get this done in whatever fashion they think is best. “Alright, I’ll stay here and hold down the fort,” you say. “You guys go out there and make The Excel proud.”

Your three teammates stand up, with the exception of Kori who never sat down, and begin heading to the door. Kori turns around the blocks the exit. “Let’s make this a competition,” she says. “Whoever gets the most points wins.” You see a devilish smirk on her face.

“That’s not fair!” Katie whines. “Not only do you have a headstart, but you’re obviously going to take the hardest missions.”

“If you don’t strive to excel, then you’ll only get left behind when others advance,” Kori responds. Her smirk turns into a sly smile, and you think it’s due to the pun she used. “If it is more to your liking, all you have to do is get more than half the points I do to win.” That being said, Kori turns to leave. Her hair and skirt whip around as she leaves, and it looks pretty cool. You think even you would have trouble beating her.

“Hey, let’s go on a mission together,” you hear Heph say as he exits the room. He puts an arm around Katie’s shoulder. It means nothing. Nothing at all. And you definitely aren’t jealous.

“Yeah, that sounds like fun,” Katie responds. Yup, not jealous. As they head further into the hallway, you move your head closer but their conversation gets washed away by a multitude of other voices.

You find yourself alone with Amelia.

(1/2)
>>
“Hey boss, I never thanked you for offering me a place in your team.” Amy stands up and it only takes her a few steps to get uncomfortably close. Didn’t she try to kill you once? Her tone implies something, and you find yourself start to blush. “I know I made it a little harder for you,” she says, drawing out each word, while her face gets close to yours. “So let me show you my appreciation,” she whispers to your ear. You start to blush, and you find yourself paralyzed, unable to move. You’ve never been this close to a girl, nor have you kissed one. Is that what’s happening? Oh god, you’re not ready. You haven’t bought her flowers or anything.

Amy leans in closer, she turns your face so you look her in the eyes. She closes her eyes; you gulp and do the same. Then you feel something soft on your forehead. You open your eyes to see that Amy kissed you on the forehead. She smiles then starts giggling. “Oh my gosh Alex. Look how red you are!”

This causes you to blush even harder. You decide to throw the thin blanket you have over your head and that it’s probably best to stay under there forever. Yep. This is going to be the rest of your life. Just you hanging out under this sheet. “Holy fuck dude,” you hear Amy say. She pulls the blanket off your head, and says, “it was a joke, guy. But for reals, I want to prove myself. Y’know, I want to be worthy of joining The Excel. So, uh, what do we do first?” You see there’s some determination in her eyes, and you decide to focus on being a trainer and not – other – thoughts.

You could have her brush up on the basics, and you could read besides her. Or maybe some fresh air would do you both good, and you can watch her train. If only your pokemon were here; you could try battling her again and see how good she is. Instead, you could ask her to challenge someone to a battle. Or… Or even better, you could watch a battle on TV and give her tips and tricks based on that.

A part of you wants to watch some detective shows, but you’re not sure if you can teach good trainer skills from that…

(2/2)

You…
>Have her study while you read.
>Want to watch her train.
>Want to watch her battle.
>Will teach her battling through television.
>Other
>>
>>398959
>Want to watch her train
>>
>>398959
>Want to watch her battle.
>>
>>398959
>Want to watch her train.
>>
>>398989
>>398994
Do we got a tie breaker? If not, I'll roll a die.
>>
>>399017
Whoops. Posted too soon. Looks like watching her train wins out.

I now see the problem with having so many companions. Makes it a little tougher to write. Still, it's one thing I greatly enjoy as a player, so I left the options here. Idk.

Anyways, writing.
>>
“Well since you can’t catch pokemon, I suppose we should check if you have a knack for training them,” you say. You don’t really consider yourself much of a teacher. You have to be a good student first, right?

“Okay, but do you want me to train Aikami here or should we move?” Amelia asks you. She holds her pokeball in one hand, and looks around the room. It’s not particularly spacious in here, and you don’t think the medical staff would appreciate you messing up their expensive equipment.

“Who’s Aikami?” You ask. You notice a red button on the remote Heph handed to you, and see the label underneath it states “Call Nurse.” You press the button.

“My Nidorina,” Amy tells you. “I’ve had her for years. She’s been the one constant in my life since… Well, since my parents die.” Oh. You try to think of something comforting to say, but the nurse walks in.

“Can I help you?” She asks with a little attitude.

“I was just wondering if I could step outside,” you say. You gesture to the IV on your arm and the heart monitor by your bed. The nurse looks at your medical sheet thing.

“Yeah, that should be fine,” she says. “The only thing we have to worry about is odd brain pattern waves, so just make sure to rest if you feel dizzy and to contact one of the nurses or medical staff if you start to feel funny.” You nod your head and confirm that you’ll be careful. She helps you get out of bed and removes the IV and the heart monitor electrodes.

“C-can I have my pants?” You ask when you realize you’re wearing nothing but a hospital gown.

“Sorry honey,” the nurse says. “It’s hospital policy that you have to wear that if you’re going to be an overnight patient.” She leaves and comes back with a wheelchair. You still feel unsteady when standing up, so you’re thankful you won’t have to be walking.

Amy careful guides you to the hospital and towards a courtyard. You see that there’s a place in the center for battling. It’s currently being used by people in scrubs, and you note that they’re no good. There’s no technique or strategy. They simply command their pokemon to attack; without trying to inflict statuses or buff/debuff. Ames wheels you away from the battle and towards a spot of grass surrounded by trees. A small gust of wind manages to reach you despite the enclosed space. You think one of the battling pokemon must’ve summoned it.

Amy grabs her pokeball with both hands and points it forward. She presses the button with a finger and it opens while she holds it. In a flash of red light, her Nidorina pops out. “Alright,” Amy says, looking around at the plants around her. She takes out a small pocketbook from the tiny handbag at her side. “It looks like this herb is, um, a horse-chestnut. Perfect.” You’re curious as to what Amelia is doing. She has her Nidorina ingest the plant. “Good. Now focus on it how I taught you.” Her Nidorina nods.

(1/2)
>>
Amy points towards a tree and commands a poison sting. You notice that the stingers, while glowing the usual dark purple also glows a faint yellow. They hit the tree perfectly, and Amy goes to inspect it. “Hmm, it looks like you still need to work on extraction,” she says.

“What are you doing?” You ask.

“Well, I read in a book that poison type pokemon are better than others at using different kinds of poison. So I read up on botany and poisonous plants, and I thought, ‘hey, why not use these?’ It turns out that you can channel these different poisons to strengthen poison type moves.” Wow. You didn’t take her for the studious or smart type, but you suppose people have different kinds of smart. For example, you might be great at battling and sleuthing, but you’re not exactly the most knowledgeable.

“So what was up with that poison sting?” You ask.

“Well, I was hoping to add a paralytic element to it. That way, Aikima could paralyze and poison foes. I have a few plant extracts that could make her badly poison foes just by using poison sting. No one would expect it!” That’s kind of impressive and cunning.

“Is that what you were going to do to me back when we fought?” You ask. You remember how she almost hit you those when Gojira dug underground before he defeated them.

“Nah,” she says. “That poison sting had a concentrated paralysis concoction in it. I was going to leave you on the floor paralyzed, and just tell people you were dead so they wouldn’t kill you.” She shrugs. “I didn’t exactly have enough time to plan how to get your paralyzed body out of the building, but I’m sure I could’ve figured it out.” Eh, at least she’s not a killer. Still, she’s not as dumb as she pretends to be. And she knows a lot about poison.

“Hey, maybe you could be a type specialist,” you say.

“What do you mean?” Amy rests her hands on her hips.

“I mean, why don’t you specialize in poison types? You could learn how to bring out their fullest potential. It’s what gym leaders do.” Maybe she could eventually be a poison gym leader. Hmm. Yeah, you could see it.

“I don’t know,” Amy ponders. “I suppose it could be fun.”

You…
>Persuade her to choose that as a trainer specialty.
>Have her try battling someone here instead.
>Have her study the greenhouse they have here.
>Ask to watch TV together.
>Do something else [write-in].

So do you guys have any music recommendations?
>>
>>399190
>>Have her try battling someone here instead.
>>Have her study the greenhouse they have here.
pokemon music or just in general?
>>
>>399211
The general stuff. I usually listen to whatever when writing.
>>
>>399190
>Have her try battling someone here instead.
>Have her study the greenhouse they have here.

type in Epic Battle Osts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZD6weQ_MV8
>>
>>399223
try these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLFx1deiZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev3VwmpBXyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBoBHk7YYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-c9ZS4iVkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQjdwRno5g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lsZb93rY8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1KT_Hf381w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbiS1TmRYGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Su4UIy7Yc
>>
>>399211
>>399245
Writin' for exploring other options.
>>
“There’s no need to decide right away,” you say. You play with the wheels of your wheelchair and find that it isn’t too difficult to steer yourself around. “Besides, we still need to see what other talents you possess.” You look around the area. Don’t places like this usually have a greenhouse? “Why don’t you study the greenhouse here? They probs have one. And, um, I still need to see just how good you are at battling. So let’s do that first.”

“Alright boss, so what kind of person do you recommend I battle?” You see her reach into her bag and pull out a small beaker with some kind of see through red liquid in it.

“Whoever will accept your challenge,” you say. You think back to the amateurs you passed by to get to the training grounds. “Just, uh, make sure they aren’t too weak.”

“Got it,” she says. She walks away and her Nidorina follows. You move to follow her when you spot a bulletin board on one of the walls. You struggle for a bit to move your wheelchair how you like, but it doesn’t take long to figure out how it works.

A closer inspection reveals that it’s a mission board. You inspect the multitude of jobs available. Many are low level jobs asking for an escort from the hospital to their homes. It looks like the gang wars have really spooked people out. A few missions are asking for specific forest herbs to be collected, and you think those would be good for Amy if she were part of the team.

Out of all the papers stapled to the board, you see that three are for here in the hospital:
D: Some things have gone missing. We want someone to investigate. -1000 poke reward
B: There’s been some weird occurrences in our research lab, and we think a rival company is trying to steal our work. We need a body guard. -2500 poke reward and an item of your choosing

S: There’s been a disappearance and we’re not sure where the patient went. Cameras show them going into an abandoned wing and there are no known exits. Help! -??? Reward

Interesting. Maybe you could help your team rank up after all.

“Hey boss, I found a chump, but a strong chump to fight,” Amelia informs you. She looks up at the board. “Found anything interesting?”

“I think so,” you say. Without your full team here, you can only accept one job. You…
>Will try the easiest one first.
>Go with the bodyguard job. It’ll be hilarious having a bodyguard in a wheelchair.
>Want the tough job. Sounds like hero work.
>Would rather focus on Amy. She HAS to pass that test.
>Other

>>399258
Thanks for all the recommends, anon. I'm slowly working through the list.
>>
>>399326
>Would rather focus on Amy. She HAS to pass that test.

We can do a mission later.
>>
>>399326
>>Would rather focus on Amy. She HAS to pass that test.
>Go with the bodyguard job. It’ll be hilarious having a bodyguard in a wheelchair.
can we take the job while training her? at least after this battle?
>>
>>399333
Yeah, you could pick a job and train her at the same time. A kind of on the job training, I suppose.
>>
>>399344
I think she should focus on stuff that buffs pokemon (fruit, herbs, etc.)
>would you allow multiple items for a pokemon? (probably only 1 held item still, stuff like clothing though...)
>>
>>399333
this
>>
>>399333
>>399350
>>399351
Alright, we'll go with this... Next time on Pokemon Adventure Quest!

Consequently that'll be tomorrow at 3 pm central time. Will probably start a new thread. I hope it wasn't too bad tonight. I'll try to make next thread more exciting.
>>
>>399370
well you likely suffered audience wise from lack of bump thanks to 3 day limit, and I was kinda out of it.
>>
>>399378
Truth be told, I was a little out of it as well. I'm hoping a new thread, and focusing on one companion at a time, will make it easier to write. That, plus sleep.
>>
>>399423
sleep is good
>>
>>399190
Earth Wind and Fire or SOS Band?
I enjoy listening to funk while using Pokémon Go
>>
Thanks for the run again, I fell asleep halfway through haha!
>>
Anyone else hoping for a fossilmon at some point?
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.