[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Island Quest thread 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: quest map.png (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
quest map.png
33KB, 800x800px
Previous thread: >>350957
Your party's current stats can be found here: http://pastebin.com/Rt5pWecJ
The town library has some information about the enemies http://pastebin.com/RHnJQsJK, places http://pastebin.com/KmUw01gj, and spells http://pastebin.com/fYP61Tkn. The church has worked to remove certain information from the library, so you may encounter things not mentioned there.

Your name is Michael. In the previous thread, you travelled to the demon realm and made a deal with the devil. You received the sword of darkness from him, in exchange for promising to kill an angel.
You then went to the forbidden city, which is ruled by the church. You killed some monks and took their clothes so that you and Manny could sneak into the main church in the city. You found the sacred cross you were looking for, which will allow you to teleport to the angel's location. But there were two monks and the head priest between you and the sacred cross.
You've just defeated the two monks, and the head priest is not particularly happy about that.

The head priest stands up. "I see you've been led down the path of darkness. Your souls have been tainted by dark magic, but there is still hope for you if you wish to repent."
"We didn't come here to get lectured. Give us the cross or we'll take it from you" you say.
"I am sorry, but no one is allowed to see the cross. It is The Island's most precious artifact, and our very existence depends on it remaining safe."
Amidst all the confusion, Jim has managed to enter the church and find you. You had left him hiding outside because he would be unable to blend in while you and Manny were pretending to be monks.

>Keep arguing with the priest
>Fight

priest's stats: http://pastebin.com/vVHSU6d0
>>
>>377224
>Keep arguing with priest
While priest is distracted, have Manny and Jim flank the priest, and grab important-looking artifacts and holy symbols and such.
>>
You try to distract the priest. "But, I need to see the cross. It is the only thing powerful enough to cleanse my soul, after having made a deal with the devil"
The priest gasps, "It was obvious that you had lost your way, but to have actually made a deal with the devil..." he closes his eyes in thought.

Meanwhile, Jim and Manny have quietly walked over to the other side of the room. Manny picks up the chest with the cross in it, and starts to walk back towards the door.

"I am not sure anything can be done to save your soul at this point" says the priest. He shakes his head, and notices Manny carrying the chest. "Hey! What are you doing with that"
Jim runs up to the priest and stabs him in the leg. The priest turns to Jim, but Jim runs underneath the table in the middle of the room.

You, Manny, and Jim run out of the room. You head towards the exit of the church. You see a few dead monks on your way out; the bandits you saw earlier must have killed them.

Eventually, you make your way out of the forbidden city, only having to kill a couple more monks on your way out. You head back to town where you should be safe to plan your next move.

>Open the chest and touch the sacred cross, to teleport to the angel's location
>Head back to the forbidden city and steal more jewels
>Train by fighting monks in the forbidden city
>Train by fighting demons in the demon realm
>other
>>
>>377669
How much money do we have on hand to throw away?
>>
You currently have $495. There's an equipment shop in town.

Equipment shop (more details http://pastebin.com/rZBNwgr3)
armor
Chainmail - $20
Leather armor - $20
Plate armor - $50
Wizard robes - $100
Magic-infused plate armor - $250
Spiky armor - $1000

weapons
Wooden bat - $5
Longsword - $10
Dagger - $10
Rapier - $15
Greatsword - $50
Magic longsword - $200

shields
Wooden shield - $15
Steel shield - $45

accessories
Magic ring - $10
Mana pouch - $300
Cross necklace - $10
>>
>>377725
Buy the magic infused plate armor
>>
>>378591
You buy the magic-infused plate armor for $250.
Do you want to equip it instead of the monk robe you are currently wearing? The monk robe has higher holy defense, but the magic-infused plate armor has higher physical and magical defense.

And, where would you like to head next?
>Head back to the forbidden city and steal more jewels
>other
>>
>>378634
How do we free the ghosts again?
>>
>>378676
The ghosts become free when they kill an adventurer.
Specifically, they have to kill someone who wants to explore new places.
>>
>>378686
I meant when we read that book about how the spell came to be and how we can fix it if we gather people or something.
>>
>>378634
>>
>>378714
The monks that originally developed the spell had worked to figure out how to undo it. Unfortunately, they were murdered before they could undo the spell. The knowledge has since been lost.
The spell can also be undone by destroying the thing it was cast on; in this case. It was cast on the land. You're not able to sufficiently destroy the land.
>>
>>378721
>Then as the angel how to kill the ghosts.
>>
You open the chest to reveal the sacred cross inside it. It seems to be radiating white light. You, Manny, and Jim all touch the cross at the same time. Suddenly, you find yourself somewhere else. The ground feels soft, and there is a thick layer of fog covering about 2 feet off the ground; you can barely see Jim. You take a step forward, and are surprised by the amount of drag your leg feels. It feels similar to wading through water.
You hear a sound behind you, and turn around. There is a being with large white wings. He is wearing a robe that looks similar in style to the monk robes, except that it is glowing. This must be the angel that you're supposed to kill.
The angel speaks, "Mortal, why have you come here?"
You remember what the devil told you when you were given the quest to kill the angel: 'You're not quite strong enough for it yet'. You wonder if maybe you should try to train more before fighting the angel.

Heaven
Ground feels soft, clouds obscure view below about 2 feet. Feels similar to wading through water.
Enemies:
Angel

You decide to ask the angel about the ghosts. "What can be done about the ghosts that are trapped at the ruins? Is there anything we can do to free them?"
The angel signs, "We've already done our best to free as many of the ghosts as we can. Unfortunately, the spell there is made specifically to prevent us from taking the souls, so it is difficult for us to break through. At this point, the only way would be to destroy all the land, so the spell loses it's anchor. That is what the other angels tried to do, but I will not let them destroy the land over here. I've been protecting this small piece of land for 80 years now. There are many people here who are faithful, and I do not wish for them to die. It is unfortunate that we cannot free the ghosts."

>Talk about something
>Ask how to get back to The Island
>Fight
>>
angel's stats: http://pastebin.com/uvSXZBf0
This is intended to be the final boss of the quest. Feel free to run away now, to go do other things and train more before actually trying to fight him.
>>
>>378852
Why dont you make more land and move the living there? Or build everyone boats to live on. Give them the power of flight? There are alot of ways to fix this. I mean flight is just magic.
>>
>>378898
"They [the other angels] want to make sure that something like this can never happen again. A spell that traps souls on earth and prevents them from passing on, is not something that should exist. Therefore, they want to make sure that no one who knows of the spell is left.
We have saved some humans, they are being kept in an underground cave right now. They were chosen because they have no knowledge of this spell at all."
>>
>>378933
Does anyone there actaully know the spell? Why not just pretend to be a beggar and ask? Or wipe everyone minds about spells and magic? Teleport everyone to a pocket dimension and slowly sort them out from people who do or dont know that spell. Plus if you do that I can build a boat and be a "Hero" Then people will aspire to be me and be good people. Thus getting you more good souls. By the way, the only mention of that spell is in the Forbidden City. I have no problem with that spontaneously combusting.

(If you could not make things up to make sure I can not save everyone would be nice. I am not saying you are im just saying I do not think you should.)
>>
>>378956
Well, it's already been decided that the people living on The Island aren't going to have a happy ending.
There was the prophecy from the ghost >>336276 that The Island ends up destroyed.
And some stuff from the history book >>355638 about the rest of the angels trying to destroy The Island.

If you do want to save some of the people, you won't get much help from the angel. Because the people he likes the most are the monks and priests, but they're the ones who have the most knowledge of the spell.
Of course, you were already on a quest to kill this angel, so it's OK that you disagree about some things. Maybe you should try to work together for a bit, before turning on him.
>>
>>378956
You ask the angel "How many people here actually know of the spell? Many have heard rumors that ghosts exist, but just that amount of knowledge shouldn't be a problem, right"
The angel sighs again, "Pretty much all the members of the church are aware of it. There may be some other random people in town that are sufficiently ignorant, but since most people in town dislike the church, no one bothered to check"
"If I find people who know nothing of the spell, can you teleport them to the shelter?" you ask.
"I... am able to do that"
"Great!" you exclaim. "Can you send me back to earth so I can start looking"

You suddenly find yourself back at your house, with Manny and Jim.

>Look for people to save
>Steal more jewels from the forbidden city
>other
>>
>>379130
Go around asking people if they know how to become immortal. Not if they know the spell if they can become immortal.
>>
>>379148
You decide to start by talking to some people you know. You mostly kept to yourself before becoming an adventurer, so you don't have many friends. Freddy and the Old Wizard are probably the two people you are closest to right now.

You go visit Freddy.
"Hey Freddy, how's being an adventurer treating you?"
"It's going great! CC, John, Carl and I are having lots of fun"
"Say, Freddy, do you know anything about becoming immortal?"
"Immortal? I can barely fight the wolves in the forest! I did hear a rumor that the ruins is haunted by ghosts. Do you think those ghosts are immortal?"
"Maybe" you say. Freddy seems to know sufficiently little. It should be possible to save him, along with his animal companions CC, John, and Carl.

Next, you visit the Old Wizard.
"Are you here to learn some spells" he asks.
"Actually, I was wondering what you knew about immortality. Like, how would one become immortal?"
"That is a dangerous thing to be seeking" says the Old Wizard. "The quest for immortality can lead men to do things they should not do. When I was young, this was not an island, and there were many more cities and towns throughout the earth. Some monks' search for immortality lead to the disaster that happened many years ago."
"Oh, OK. I won't look into that any further" you tell the Old Wizard. As expected of an old wizard, he is very knowledgeable about the past and about spells. Unfortunately, he won't be saved.
>>
>>379215
Mind wiping? Also im fine with that maybe we can send all the smart ones to a mini dimension where the spell doesnt work until they die.
>>
You spend the rest of the day walking around town, asking people how much they know about immortality. Most people don't know about the spell. A few do, though.
Once night comes, you head back to your house. Manny and Jim have been hanging out there; Manny doesn't share your enthusiasm for saving people. You head to the sacred cross, and teleport up to visit the angel. You inform him of the people who are able to be saved. He thanks you, and then you are back in your house.
The next day, you wake up and head out. You notice that the people you told the angel about are no longer here. Some people in town are concerned about the mass disappearance.

What will you do today?
>Look for more people to save
>Steal more jewels from the forbidden city
>other

----------------------------------
That's it for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow.
>>
>>379979
Beat up some monks. Can we fight a demon without losing companions?
>>
You, Manny, and Jim head off to the forbidden city. There's a new monk guarding the gate. You easily cut him down with your sword of darkness. You wander through some alleys, occasionally killing lone monks who are unlucky enough to meet you.
After a few hours, you decide to leave the forbidden city. You're pretty tired from all that training.

You've levelled up twice from the training! You're now level 11, Jim is level 10, and Manny is level 9.
You, Manny, and Jim each have 20 stat points to spend. Stat points are used to increase physical/magical/holy/dark attack/defense. HP and MP increase automatically at a set rate.

Michael - Level 11
hp 110
mp 55

physical attack 30
magical attack 30
holy attack 0
dark attack 0

physical defense 10
magical defense 10
holy defense 10
dark defense 0

Jim - Level 10
hp 100
mp 50

physical attack 10
magical attack 0
holy attack 0
dark attack 0

physical defense 10
magical defense 5
holy defense 30
dark defense 20

Manfred - Level 9
hp 90
mp 55

physical attack 5
magical attack 10
holy attack 0
dark attack 30

physical defense 5
magical defense 5
holy defense 10
dark defense 5

What stats would you like to increase?

--------------------------------
>>381359
>Can we fight a demon without losing companions?
Depends on how the rolls go. Right now, you can probably defeat a lesser demon without losing anyone.
A greater demon will very likely kill at least 1 party member right now.
>>
>>381474
Let's rough up some lesser demons!
>>
You decide to go train against some lesser demons. You and Manny remove your monk robes, since the holy defense won't do much good in the demon realm. You put on your magic-infused plate armor and Manny puts on his dark cloak.
You, Manny, and Jim head to the cursed forest, where you sacrifice a goat at the alter, to open the portal to the demon realm.
You are greeted by a booming voice "Oh, I see you've gotten a bit stronger. Keep training and you'll surly complete the quest I gave you"
"Yes, we're here to train. We would like to fight against a lesser demon" You say.
A lesser demon appears near you.

lesser demon's stats: http://pastebin.com/Er9NLL8p

Michael - Level 11
hp 110/110
mp 75/75

>dark sword (1d100)
>self immolation
>lesser heal
>heal
>run

Manfred - Level 9
hp 90/90
mp 55/55

>magic sword (0 + 1d5)
>life transfer (1d40)
>curse (1d70)
>heal
>run

Jim - Level 10
hp 100/100
mp 50/50

>screech
>run

-----------------------------------------------
Also specify who you want to tank, otherwise the demon can attack whoever he wants to.
>>
>>394248
Send Jim in to tank
>>
You swing at the lesser demon with your sword of darkness. You slash it in the side, dealing 37 damage.
Manny casts curse, dealing 36 damage to the demon, and 14 damage to himself.
Jim runs forward to tank.

The lesser demon's health charm heals him for 5 health.

Lesser demon - Level 15
hp 82/150
mp 75/75

The lesser demon casts flash freeze on Jim, dealing 75 damage to him!

Michael - Level 11
hp 110/110
mp 75/75

>dark sword (1d100)
>self immolation
>lesser heal
>heal
>run

Manfred - Level 9
hp 76/90
mp 55/55

>magic sword (0 + 1d5)
>life transfer (1d40)
>curse (1d70)
>heal
>run

Jim - Level 10
hp 25/100
mp 50/50

>screech
>run
>>
Well, I think this is the end of this quest.
I'm not going to make another thread
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.