[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALL DAY CIV THREAD - nothing to do so why not run a civ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (3MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 1500x6400px
Yeah so I'm gonna hate myself but let's do this.

DISCUSS who you want to be, try reaching a general consensus, if not then after a certain amount of time I'll pick by voting.

(Please don't be plains humans again like the one time I did this on /tg/ thx)
>>
I'll be here till people catch on, no worries
>>
>>369687
Unseen in the Ruins or Celestials in Floating Islands.
>>
Humans / elves / dwarves / hobbits / slimes in wooden houses built on top of the skeleton of a giant dragon, which juts out of the ocean. Around us are islands and, eventually, the coast.
>>
>>369695
>>369700
I like this crowd already
>>
Centaur plains. Cause an entirely mounted force will make short work of the predators.

And because our industry absolutely sucks, we can play a civ quest without constant "And this turn, we build more infrastructure."
>>
>>369668
cyclops
whereever
>>
>>369715
Don't worry, I play civs narratively, not with the whole "one turn of research done", generally it's played by reasonable expectations and minor time skips when necessary.
>>
>>369668
I second Unseen in the Ruins.
>>
>>369695
>>369720
I worry Unseen in the Ruins will end up being that currently running Undead in the Ruins thread, only with eldtrich horror instead of spooky skeletons. But, if you guys are sure.
>>
>>369695
If we went Unseen in the Ruins, then we could reconstruct the Ruins, then if anything tries to attack us we can use illusion magic to disguise ourselves as whatever species previously lived here. Basically lie massively to gain allies.
Celestials in Floating Islands would make expansion very fast because of flight. Most other species that aren't Evil will probably be friends with use because we live to destroy us. So we'd be pretty set unless our deity is the God of War and mission is to destroy everything.
>>
>>369725
I'm going to provide several goals and ambitions to set the tone of the game, if you have suggestions now's the time for everyone to provide them.
>>
>>369725
I doooo like fun with deities, seeing I namefag as one. I'd probably be down for Celestials in Floating Islands if no one goes for Plains Centaurs.
>>
>>369726
Think backstories
>>
I wonder if theirs any point in voting for gnolls in forests.
>>
>>369729
There's. Dammit autocorrect.
>>
>>369729
I'll second this, haven't seen a good gnoll civ before.
>>
>>369726
Hmm... what about....
We must make the species that ripped us from our home in the Eldritch dimension go extinct by destroying it. We are not sure which species it was, we must find out through discussing with other species or evesdrop on them to find clues. We already have one, they have to be very strong in magic to do what they've done.
>>
I'm seeing a lot of support for Unseen in Ruins (concept I totally feel comfortable with and actually do have a lot of pre prepared things I wrote) or Gnolls, or the celestials in floating islands. Like all these concepts (I'm a high fantasy lover by heart)
>>
>>369729
>>369731
Didn't we just have a gnoll civ?
>>
>>369735
Vote for celestials
>>
>>369736
There was one the other week but I don't think it ever got more than one or two updates
>>
>>369735
>celestials in floating islands
this has my vote especially if we can work sex into it
>>
>>369732
Backstory...
We were a peaceful species living within the eldritch dimension, only occasionally being summoned in small groups to do a dark lords evil bidding or just to fuck shit up. One day a few Unseen felt like they were being watched, but this was ignored because we were confident nothing other than a strong dark magic could even reach us. About a month after the few Unseen felt seen, we were all suddenly ripped from our dimension into another full of life by an incredibly strong magic. Our home was most likely destroyed with no beings left in it, and collapsed without the power of Unseen inside. Now we must rebuild our homeland and find and destroy the magical species that ripped us from and destroyed our home.
I'm not sure of a backstory and ambitions there could be for the Celestials or gnolls except that we were sent down to do our deities work and that's our goal for celestials, Gnolls I have no clue about.
>>
>Harpies
>Mountains
>>
>>369742
And I was just working on a Goddess of love for a civ quest.

Mieran, Thousand Tongued Goddess of Love and Shapeshifting

Passive Bonus:
Dweam within a Dweam-
Critical success chance for diplomacy by marriage increased, your chance of the couple loving each other and wanting to bring their countries closer together is higher!
Critical failure chance for diplomacy by marriage increased, Mieran hates a loveless marriage, and would totally support running away to find true love.

Pantheon Ruler Bonus:
Mieran can improve relations between any two gods in her pantheon to true love, even bitter enemies.

Blessing Options:
Thousand Tongues
+Your people are able to speak and understand all languages, communicating perfectly.
+Cultural boost from communicating meaning and easy assimilation of other cultures due to no language barrier.
+/-Deception becomes harder in diplomacy, both for you and enemies
-Your people become more succeptable to mind control magic.
-Your people find it difficult to use hostile words, aka, offensive magic.

True Love Prevails
+Biology is no issue to having children with the one you love. That elf? Gnome? Lizardfolk? Totally fine. Two guys? Sure. The city wall? Not a problem. "Man, fire is hot." "Yes, that's the idea." "No, fire is hooooot." Go ahead. Even concepts are not immune to your love.
-Wincest. With the biological reasons to not inbreed gone, if your people are boring and afraid to go outside and dare, they may just turn insular and promote low genetic diversity. This won't cause things like hemophilia, but still. Meeeh.

Clerical Magics:
Love, Shapeshifting, and Understanding.
>>
>>369747
yay!
>>
>The Unknown
[red] The Unknown are led by Gam'tyo, an Elder Brain in service to the Gods of Old. Their desires in life are to corrupt the souls of mortals to insanity, binding them to the Lords of the Void

As a result of continued service to the Gods of Old, the Unknown possess the strongest known illusion magics, often focused on producing insanity in the victim to make them ripe for a brain parasite to infest them, as well as random gifts from the Old Gods when they deem you worthy.

As an added bonus, so much exposure to corruption has made your species immune to all magics pertaining to the void or mind.

However, this means that you are a natural enemy to mortal order itself, ergo you must destroy or transform any you find else you may fall from your Lords' graces. Mercy doesn't bring souls, as you hear.[/red]

> The Fallen:
[green] Once an Unseen of a great hive of your species, you lived in grandiose luxury for many centuries as a lower Elder Brain of the hive, meaning you have much experience in the ways of managing and maintaining an Unseen society.

Three decades prior to today, your society was ravaged by a magic-using squadron of lan unknown species from a foreign land and realm, who dispelled your illusions and destroyed your non-existent peace time military. All Elder Brains were put to the sword, and ripped from the Chaos Realms but you managed to escape by sacrificing much of your brain mass to transfer to the mortal world, ordering a personal retinue of guards to safely smuggle you across the world, you have arrived now in the ruins of a long forgotten city on the islands of Maris, an archipelago surrounding a large peninsula leading to the mainland.

Many cities of different races dot these waters. So in your weakened state you must not draw attention to yourself until you can find a way to grow stronger again.

Your advantage here is freedom, you are beholden to no gods or lords, and are free to grow your hive as the new King of the Unseen, known to all in your mindcluster as "The Fallen". [/green]

> The Remaining:
Your Mindcluster often lived a nomadic lifestyle in the olden days, traveling realm by realm and collecting what you could find along the way. But you have grown large as the head of a relatively successful Elder Brain, and have been forced by the laws of magic to stay grounded in a world for a century until you may travel again.

This world is hostile, mortal races live in pocket societies of kingdoms fighting against a demonic species threatening to destroy all in the world. You, as a strong Elder, must preserve your body for the next century if you are to survive. You are the remaining power to fight the demons, or possibly take darker routes.

>The Nomad:
This is the younger stage of "The Remaining" as your cluster is nomadic and must change realms every few years or else revolt. Your hive is made up of a large swath of infested species from varying worlds, survive and keep moving, or die by staying still.
>>
>>369750
>The Fallen
>>
>>369750
oh so we're playing Unseen? thought we were going with Celestials there for a moment
>>
>>369750
How about somewhere between the Remaining and the Nomad? Like we know we're about to have to become stagnant in this shit workd but we have a little time to prepare with realm shifting abilities.
>>
>>369750
>The Nomad
>>
>>369754
This.
>>
>>369753
I post big fancy things, but I am not SuicadeSteve, the OP.
>>
>>369754
This
>>
The sun beat heavily upon the corpses waist deep in sand as your vision sweeped across the desert from a sky high view. Stunted red and black creatures, no larger than 2 feet tall, with sharp tiny teeth and an almost grotesque caricature of male organs being the only discernable organ not on the face. The things swarmed the presumed battlefield, while tall, mishappen men and women tended to them with whips of flame.

This was to be your homeworld. A planet marked with harsh environments and dangerous wild life, being invaded by demonic forces.

Hospitable, I'm sure.

Your vision ends as you see glints of ocean and swamp surrounding a ruined city of a long forgotten race that would serve as the landing point.

Your cluster's situation is simple - build up strength through any imaginable means to survive your coming hibernation of sorts - the magic that lets you transverse worlds is failing, and will need a century on that broken world to rejuvinate. Currently you are in the great void, an empty universe where you hide in off-times.

Before you on a slab of obsidian several hundred square feet in size, many of your Unseen dance, tall pale figure that seemed like spindly humans that were starved and stretched to be nearly 8 ft. Tall, with the facial features of octopi forming a beak covered by a maw of tentacles. Their heads were distended with the exorbitant amounts of grey matter grown inside, giving them unparelled understanding through the telepathic network you controlled. Your form took that of a grotesque mass of twisting flesh that protects your inner self from being harmed, fully mobile and with the ability to shape shift as needed.

The dancers began to reach a climax in their writhing and gyrating, and a shimmering sphere appeared in the center. Taking command of one of the dancers, you approach, staring at different angles through the transluscent, tinged purple orb that showed different images in quick succession, the dimensions you have connected to.

Which do you target first?
> Grand Tol - World of Frost. Hardy creatures survive in this world of cold, Dwarves, Giants, Cyclopi, Gnomes, even hardy gnolls and skaven have been found through your senses. The technology of these creatures is just beyond the understanding of metal forging in the grand cities of the Dwarves.

> Sheol - A world of darkness aptly named for the mythical world. The realm is covered in thick fog, giving a permanent feeling of dusk or night at all times in a given area. Magical creatures roam this wood-filled realm, along with societies of mortal humanoids that inhabit such stealthy environments.

> Turi - Metropolis of the Humans - A world conquered by humans thousands of years ago. In the proceding generations, magic has been lost to this group, but technologically have reached rennaisance-level technology mixed with religious iconography that has helped them maintain control for so many millenia

> Renew the choices - Cycle through three new worlds
>>
>>369754
i like
>>
>>369793
>Grand Tol
>>
>>369793
nice fluff op i like it

>grand tol
those creatures make good soldiers
>>
>>369793
Not really feeling any of these choices
>Renew and reroll
>>
>>369793
grand tol or renew
>>
>>369793
> Turi - Metropolis of the Humans - A world conquered by humans thousands of years ago. In the proceding generations, magic has been lost to this group, but technologically have reached rennaisance-level technology mixed with religious iconography that has helped them maintain control for so many millenia
It did say that human are easy to manipulate
>>
>>369793
> Grand Tol
>>
>>369814
Or renew
>>
>>369793
Grand Tol
>>
>>369793
Turi.
>>
>>369747
Run it. Sounds interesting.
>>
>>369793
>Grand Tol - World of Frost. Hardy creatures survive in this world of cold, Dwarves, Giants, Cyclopi, Gnomes, even hardy gnolls and skaven have been found through your senses. The technology of these creatures is just beyond the understanding of metal forging in the grand cities of the Dwarves.
>>
>>369826
>>369814
>>369801

Your grand sight focuses down the icy realm of Grand Tol. The first thing you can notice about the area are the tall, sky scraping mountains that dot the surface, all covered in presumably thick layers of snow and ice. A glint of flame off metal catches your eye and you focus in on a grand stone mazeway the dwarves have carved in to one of the largest mountains, tens of thousands of hallways and tunnels filled its expanse, rooms the size of caves and feast halls that could host giants.

To their west, in a warm crevace creased plane, smoke rises in grand billows from their depths, it shows the glinting red surface of lava seeping to the surface, a series of bonfires were lit by aboriginal Ogres, tall fat humanoids that carried simple wooden clubs and wore loin cloths made from sort of large pelt. Dozens of these camps featured numerous fights, displays of story telling, sex, and feasting as primitive mortals often do, much less sophisticated than their dwarven neighbors but still organized unlike beasts.

Numerous skaven fill dirt tunnels throughout some of the frozen forests, thick tunnels dug through snow by a hive of the ratlike creatures, just as barbaric and hedonistic as the Ogres, the rat people had nothing resembling culture, but much conversation and mingling occurs.

Numerous villages of humans, gnomes, and scattered assortments of races lived in many towns or villages surrounding the grand dwarven fortress, seemingly unprotected by scarecly populated depending on the area.

> where will the Elder Brain reside in this realm as the Unseen reproduce? You may corrupt a small number of sentients upon arrival to have a safe haven.
>>
>>369857
>Frozen forests - skaven

Start corrupting a cannon fodder horde, the bread an butter of any army.
>>
>>369857
Start corrupting one of the Human villages.
>>
>>369857
The human village.
>>
>>369857
Skaven because they have weakness too fear and unrest
>>
>>369864
>>369896
>>369870
>>369866
Seems there's a tie for Skaven and Human corruptions, plz tie break.
>>
>>369933
Roll for it if there's no more votes.
>>
>>369933
skaven then
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>369933
1 - Skaven
2 - Humans
>>
>>369940
Skaven is is.
>>
>>369940
Skaven
>>
OP are you there?
>>
Op were are you?
>>
>>370731
24 hour my ass.
>>
>>370760
Op is dead or asleep
>>
Seemed like a good concept too.
>>
>>370771
Someone can continue the thread if they want
>>
test
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.