[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superhero Siblings Quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Super Image 2.jpg (10KB, 332x270px) Image search: [Google]
Super Image 2.jpg
10KB, 332x270px
>Got in a fight with some bullies
>Got pummeled
>Decided it's do or die time
>Did some research
>Stayed up a few days
>Carol almost got raped
>killed two people (maybe, at least one)

When you walk into Carol's room she is sitting on her bed and grinning at you. "I can't believe we really did it!" she says, then she gets a concerned look on her face. "Come here," she says sternly. You walk over to her and she grabs your hand. You hadn't noticed before but it's really swollen, and now that you take notice of it, you realize there's probably some broken bones in there. You realize your face is probably just as bad, but the mirror was clouded from the shower and you were more concerned about other things to notice all the pains you have. Carol holds your hand, staring at it intently. After a moment she gets a frustrated look then she pulls your hand to cup her cheek. She looks adorable with her face in your hand. She get a determined look on her face, and you begin to wonder what's going on. Suddenly her eyes light up, then she blushes. She looks you in the eyes then looks away. She turns her head and caresses the palm of you hand with her lips. Suddenly the pain in your hand vanishes. You see the swelling visibly decrease. Carol smiles at you and pulls you in for a hug. You hug her back and she kisses your jaw near your ear. The pain where the thug hit you vanishes. You come to the realization that Carol has awoken. You pull back and ask "When?" She giggles and says "When I saw that weirdo hit you, I felt it. I knew I could help you, if only I could get to you." She gets a sad look on her face "I couldn't get away, though. I was so scared. I was really surprised when their heads exploded! And glad that you weren't hurt." You're pretty sure she doesn't realize what almost happened to her, or else her own safety is, to her, so far behind yours that she doesn't care. "I'm glad I was able to assist, milady," you say. She giggles and hugs you again. "So what are we going to do now?"

>So what are you going to do now?
>1d100 with your response
>Also, a name for our hero?
>>
>>365927
>So what are you going to do now?
Test powers. Test them very carefully. Maybe use a stopwatch or something.
>Also, a name for our hero?
Wait till we learn more of our powers
>>
>>366220
>>365927
All this
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>366220
Forgot to roll
>>
File: 1452031211269.png (311KB, 649x476px) Image search: [Google]
1452031211269.png
311KB, 649x476px
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>365927
See what exactly our powers can entail, is it strictly time manipulation? Is it possible it's Space/Time manipulation rather? If so can we teleport? When we've slowed time can we also ignore other laws like gravity? Can we project time energy at all?
Can we do this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM

Also potential Theme song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YxczPEPrs
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>366262
I too forgot to roll
>>
>>366278
Dank asf theme song anon
>>
>>366278
>Love that song

You tell Carol "I need to test my powers. They seem powerful, but I need to know my limits. I also need to make sure I don't accidentally kill someone again."
Carol laughs and says "That was awesome! They were trying to wrestle me and then suddenly their heads exploded! I was so worried we had messed up, but I guess it was just the right thing."
"I suppose so, but next time the person may not be so guilty. Let's go to the yard and see what I can do."
"I have just the thing!" Carol says as she goes to her desk and rummages around.
You stand up and stretch and when Carol finds what she's looking for you head outside.
Carol says "Run to the end of the yard and back five times! I'm going to time you!"
You take a deep breath and let that odd energy suffuse your being. You focus on trying to slow time, or speed your mind and body. You can feel everything start to get sluggish, and before the silence creeps in you shout "Now!" You try to run for the other side of the yard and it feels like you're running through molasses. You recall a dream you had as a kid. Your ears hurt, very badly. Your eyes feel like they're being simultaneously pushed into your skull and ripped from their sockets. You feel your clothes beginning to tear. Your shoes begin to stick to the ground, and they seem to be getting very hot. After what feels like an eternity you reach the far wall. This is exhausting you think as you turn around for the return trip. You make your way back to the house, and part way there your shirt comes off. Your head turns to look at it and it's just floating there. You turn back to the task at hand and continue to push your way to the house. You reach it without another incident and turn back for the second trip. You manage to make it to the wall and halfway back to the house when you feel your shoes sticking to the ground quite a lot. You look down and it seems as if the soles of your shoes are stretching comically in an attempt to maintain contact with the ground. Your next step with each foot proves to be too much for the shoes and they remain stuck to the ground. Now you feel the heat being produced directly on your feet. it is certainly an uncomfortable thing. you're three quarters of the way to the house and your feet feel aflame. You check to make sure, and are relieved to see they're not.
>>
>>366367
So it seems to be a form of super speed then?
Hmm I'm not sure if it is time manipulation and we just have incredibly fast speed which pretty much makes the video of quicksilver all the more possible.
>>
>>366367
On a side note I think now is the time to tell our parents since our clothes seem incapable of handling the speed our dad should be able to make some normal looking clothes that are durable enough to handle the speed.
>>
>>366367
When you finally make it back to the house you're sure your feet are seriously burned, and you don't have the energy to make it back to the wall even one more time. You walk slowly to Carol and allow your senses to adjust to normal. It happens rapidly this time and you hear a loud explosion, almost as if lightning had struck next to you. Carol jumps and shrieks, and you feel a powerful wind move through the yard. Your eyes are stinging and your ears are ringing, and your feet are definitely burned. You look at Carol and she says something but you can't hear it. You give her a confused look and point at your ear and shake your head. She shows you a stopwatch and it shows 0:00:00'47. You're amazed that it happened so fast. Carol is grinning like a maniac and saying something, you don't understand her, so you pick her up in a big hug instead. You're glad she's so light, the pain in your feet is rather intense. After you set her down you sit on the ground and examine your feet. The skin has nearly peeled off and they're covered in blood. Carol sees this and swats your hands away. She pulls a handkerchief out of her pocket and wipes the blood off. When she satisfies herself she looks at you sternly and says something you can't hear, then she leans down and kisses the soles of your feet all over. the pain is gone immediately and you feel immensely relieved. You remember that she has awakened too, and point to your ears. Carol gets a look on her face that says 'Why am I so dumb?' and leans in and kisses each of your ears. You can hear again finally. You say "Wow! That was incredible!" Carol responds "I know! It was so loud! You were so fast! I didn't even see you until you were beside me!" She gives you another hug. Right then you hear your dad's voice, amplified, say "What's going on out here!?!" You jump up and look at him. He's in full suit. A rather scary sight to behold, knowing what that armor is capable of. He walks over to you and asks "What was that noise? Did you see who made it?" You look nervously to Carol and she grabs your hand and gives you a reassuring look. "It was me, I've awakened." You can't see his face, and become more nervous at his silence. A moment passes and he says "Let's go to your mother." He turns around and strides inside. When you get inside you see your mom sitting on the couch with a control board on her lap looking at the TV, which is showing several views of the property. "Wife, our son has something to tell you." Your dad says. You feel very nervous, and the exhaustion has come back in full force. You might pass out. Your mom looks at you expectantly. Finally you work up the courage to say "I've awakened." She considers you for a moment then beams with pride and jumps up and hugs you. "Finally! I knew it must happen eventually! I have to call...." She begins to ramble about calling people and making plans and you tune her out and look over at dad.
>>
>>366406
Tell him about how our powers seem to work, and that we need some new clothes or something we could wear so we don't deafen ourselves and destroy our shoes and feet.
>>
>>366406
His armor makes a bunch of clinking sounds and opens to let him out. He grins at you and says "I knew you could do it, son! When Carol and Mary awaken You can be a team and fight crime just like your mom and I!" Carol glances nervously at everybody in the room, an act not unnoticed by dad. "What is it Carol? Don't tell me we had two in one night?" Carol looks sheepish, then grins and says "I'm a healer. I knew I would be!" Dad wraps her up in a hug and spins her around. Carol squeals with glee. When dad puts her down mom is there to take over. When the excitement and hugs are done dad says "So, how'd it happen that two of my children became fully fledged supers in one night?" You get nervous again, but decide to tell the truth. "We went to a bad neighborhood, some thugs jumped us. When things were looking really bad... Well... I guess we both awakened at the same time, only Carol's power wasn't suited well for combat. I think I killed them." Dad gets a serious look on his face. "It'll probably be put down to gang violence, but I'll make sure nothing ever comes of it, just in case. You'll need training. Don't use your power again until I find you somebody to sidekick. You're really lucky something really bad didn't happen" You reply "Okay, dad. I would say I'm sorry, but it got me my powers. I don't regret that." He looks at you with an indiscernible expression for a moment, then beams at you "Just like your old man!" He lets out a guffaw and slaps your back. He says "How are you feeling? Tired? It looks like you've been up for a week." You reply "I actually have been up for a week." He tells you "Go get some rest. Carol, you too. When you wake up we'll have some things to go over. For now, bed. Both of you." You and Carol look at each other and grin, then head off to your rooms after another round of hugs from your parents. When you get to your door you grab Carol's hand and say "Thanks for the help and support. It really means a lot to me." She smiles sweetly and says "I love you, Anon. Goodnight." before kissing your cheek and going to her room. You get into your bed and quickly fall asleep thinking of the future.

>Tomorrow I'll hopefully be less busy.
>I need to sleep now.
>I tried to avoid using a name, but I couldn't
>Try to think of a name, I suggest waiting for a bit to decide on an alter-ego name though
>Give ideas and suggestions tonight and I'll write them in tomorrow,
>Not just names, whatever you want
>Mary will be making an appearance tomorrow, too
>I meant for her to show up tonight, but I had an emergency
>I'll be on another 10 or 20 minutes after I post this, so I might be able to answer questions or whatever.
>Thanks for reading!
>>
>>366428
It's already written in for tomorrow. I'm a bit tired due to work, so it'll have to wait. feel free to give more suggestions tonight. Super-Anon will be asleep for about 8 hours, so things will happen in that time. Some are out of your control but good suggestions will be taken into consideration. If you have any comments or criticisms I'd love to hear them.
>>
>>366431
Well methods of training our body will come in handy, it seems we get tired very quickly, maybe that is because we're pushing ourselves too hard, we're running when we should be crawling first, if our power really is super speed then we don't really need to be going at time slowing speed all the time, we can start small, exercise our muscles through that, maybe 800 miles per hour is a good start, it's under the sound barrier and will get our body started on getting used to the incredible speed, building up stamina, eventually we can use time slowing speed all the time for a long time.
>>
>>366441
The time slowing is your perception, even if you were moving at 100 mph you would feel time slow, but you are correct. You need to learn control. The earlier rolls determined base control, and right now you have three speeds: Normal, time-slowed walking, and time-slowed running. You'll hopefully become able to control the perception better once you have more experience, unless you consistently roll very low. Sometimes you'll be able to bypass rolls if you roleplay it well enough, but like tonight your control was based entirely on your rolls. There are some surprises in store about your power, but don't expect to see them anytime soon, same with Carol.

Anything I might be able to do to improve the storytelling? I've been trying to reduce the 'block of text' look, but it's a pain. I should do more line breaks. I also intend to use more of the formatting options available to me.
>>
>>366455
Well normally on Quests it's a good idea to give a list of options such as
>do this
>do that
>do all of this (1d100)
>write in
doesn't have to be for all posts but we like options and since it seems there isn't a whole lot interested in this quest right now, a few options would be fine but the option to write in is also present.
>>
So this is essentially Worm?
>>
Come back op
>>
>>369436
We must get back the OP! Make him better, faster, stronger! We have the technology! But do we have the will?
>>
>>367844
But less cool
>>
>>367844
What is worm
>>
>>366431
Come back Dreamer, don't let this fizzle out and die, it's just got to the good part too, we just got out powers!
>>
Sorry guys, work's been hectic. I'll do some tonight. Ready to control Carol?
>>
File: 1464474379979.jpg (15KB, 322x323px) Image search: [Google]
1464474379979.jpg
15KB, 322x323px
>>375024
>>
>>375024
>Nevermind about Carol, I have a thing later I'll do.
>Unless you really want to control Carol.

You wake up feeling refreshed. You look around you and see Mary sitting on your desk chair. She instantly notices you're awake and asks "Did you use it? You have to tell me what it did! I couldn't tell what it's purpose is while I was building it, and then it wouldn't work when I tried it. I knew it was keyed to you, so tell me!" You stare at her in confusion, until you remember the device she gave you. You get the device and say "You mean this thing? It doesn't do anything. I already tried it." Mary glares at you and says "Try it again. I know it does something, but I can't control my power yet. Do it!" You sigh and press the button so Mary can see you doing it. You are quite surprised when the device pops open and wraps itself around your face. You panic and try to remove the nefarious object but instead of coming off, it wraps itself more fully around your head. As you are scrabbling your hands about the thing, you can feel it coming together. You feel around for a seam where you can get a grip, but find none. Mary says "Cool, it's a helmet. What's it look like from inside?" You feel a bit peeved that she isn't concerned about the thing devouring your head, then realize she is right. You can still see and breath, and the thing does feel suspiciously like a helmet. It's a lot smaller and form fitting than a motorcycle helmet, but it's almost surely a helmet. You look around trying to see if there's anything different about your sight or hearing, but it almost seems like there's no helmet there. You say "It just feels like a helmet. It's not doing anything special." Mary harrumphs and says "You're probably just using it wrong. Tell me what it does when you figure it out." She stalks out of you room and your left feeling confused. You feel around for something with with to deactivate the helmet and although you find nothing, it collapses into itself and becomes the disk again. Now that you know you have a helmet and are awake, you think about what to do.

>You could control Carol, she woke up several hours before Anon
>You could go talk to a person and find out what's happened since you've been asleep
>You could do something else
>include 1d100 with a write in, might not be necessary.
>>
>>375106
Lets go find out what's been going on while we were asleep
Also I suspect the helmet is a good way to help when we're moving at faster than sound speeds so we don't deafen and blind ourselves with the sonic boom and dust.
>>
>>375379
second this
>>
>>375379
>>375422
So guys, we need a name. Carol and Mary are both pretty standard names, so we could be Patrick? Last name is probably already decided.
>>
Come back OP, pls
>>
>Checking to see if I need a new thread.
>Work should let up on monday
>Hopefully I'll have tomorrow free
>>
>>379427
So it's Monday?
>>
>>384341
Are you asking? Do you own a calendar? Did you know your computer can tell you want day it is?
>>
>>384391
Oh is that what all that fancy stuff at the bottom is?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.