[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aether quest: rebooted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 5

File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 200x252px
"The universe is the Aether, and along the silver stream sits a world, that world is called Entrast, and on Entrast our story begins, specifically the Argentum Major sky port. But first, what, and who, are you?"
The above are the words of either a mad man, or a genius, though in today's age, they are nearly one and the same. The date is September 14th 1449, it is a Saturday. Magic is powerful and rare, science has begun taking it's share, and you, need decide what to be.
-------------------------------------------------------------
All right, I need lots of details in this character. If you are unsure, ask. If you think you want something managed differently, please format it as a polite request. Shit post if you must, and only if it adds to the gaming experience, remember all that is said is heard by the MC.
>>
>>364727
Interesting.
>>
>>364859
Is it? Are you going to suggest anything?
>>
>>364727
nigger
>>
>>364881
I suggest healer or some divine things.
>>
>>364911
What sort of nigger, are we talking elf nigger, are we talking dwarf nigger, maybe you want to be a pigmy? I need some details here.
>>364914
Please note, magic will be minor in our hands (even divine magic) although that's one vote for one of our highest skills being healing.
>>
>>364930
I vote for half elf and dwarf.
>>
File: YEAHBOY.jpg (648KB, 1536x2080px) Image search: [Google]
YEAHBOY.jpg
648KB, 1536x2080px
>>364930
nigger nigger
like pig related
do this and I'll follow this quest to the very end
>>
>>364982
>>364979
Nigger is on the paper, as is healing, how about you introduce the character you would like us to play.
>>
>>364727
A (Sky?) Pirate named Fire Snake. Human. You can decide the rest of the details.
>>
>>365027
A soul-healing nigger. Not only healing in the magic methaphysical sense, but someone devoted to lift broken people back to the fight.
He speaks like a mix of Flava Flav and Chris Tuck, yells a lot to nowhere, is fond of dwardves, and he wanders the world on a whim with little coin, with little worry about what may or not lie ahead; someone living the present.

He loves to witness the scenery from the air-ships, and then yell to the gods, "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!"

1.73cm tall, proficient in unharmed combat, thin but very sturdy. He wears a grand, white robe with red details on the borders, too big for his size and full of symbolism, that covers his sweaty, metal-rending muscles.
>>
>>365060
>>365073
I've got everything ready except stunts. What sort of weird thing would you like to do? (You only need to name one now, and up to three over the course of the game.
>>
>>365120
Good at boarding.
>>
>>365190
Agreed.
>>
>>365220
So I ask op if me and Jz can be pirates of preferably space/sky/sea in that order. and Like have a crew of 10 where I am captain. You up Jz?
>>
>>365235
Sounds good negro!
>>
>>365120
Yo op, move your ass.
>>
>>365235
Quick note. Fire Snake is crazy. Aka multiple can control him. I do not want to play Fire Snake alone because a character who is a crazy pirate captain seems really neat.
>>
>>365446
Sorry, probably should have warned you before making dinner. Anyways, you step off your ship "The Limping Titmouse" and are immediately accosted by a mad man>>364727. I mean, he accurately described your location, nut he's clearly insane. Your first (and only) mate, Tall Pete Aurum, is blubbering in his exotic language about how much you suck. You ate the last of your rations about a week ago and spent your last chain a month before that, however Argentum is the city of riches, and you should be able to make some money here.
>>
>>365545

What now, Cap'n?
>>365514
>>
>>365612
You ask yourself, "What now Captain Snake?" As you consider your surroundings. There is a soup shop, a tavern, and a flowing crowd of strange people.
>>
>>365627
What now? What kinda question is dat, boy? We hit the fucking tavern like I'd hit dat ass, nigga.
(dat means, kick the fucking door now)
>>
>>365627
query. I am a pirate. What is my ship equipped with? How much money do I have? Am I in space or sea? Are there any nations near that want a privateer? I assume I know these things cause im a pirate and know nautical stuff.
>>
>>365666
The Limping Titmouse is a piece of shit.
You have no money at all.
Your ship can sail on sea, or sky, or Aether.
That last one will take a roll, 4d3+1
>>365646
You kick in the door to the tavern, Aurum's shouts inform you that he will watch "This hunk of drift wood you call a ship" and beseeches you to "earn some money so I can collect my debts"
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2, 2 + 1 = 9 (4d3 + 1)

>>365699
Who is aurum? Also if I only have one crew mate where does Jz fit in?
>>
>>365717
Nigga, you should be you and I should be Jz, and Jz should be there getting told to fuck off by thin white ladies.

>>365699
Dat nigga be right, we need cash.
>>
>>365717
Tall Pete Aurum is a blood troll from the eastern cloud and Jz doesn't exist, maybe. Your roll informs you that Pern is paying for the destruction of Delphanian ships, sadly Pern is months travel away, so this doesn't help you much.
>>365742
Do you want me to split our nigga pirate in twain that you might play the nigga whilst the other play the pirate? That sounds complicated.
>>
>>365749

>>365235
>>365240

We can deal man, he does his stuff and I do mine. Then we argue and someone gets his head fucking knocked with dices.
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 2, 3 = 9 (4d3)

>>365749
Do odd jobs around dock for money. Roll to steal.
>>
File: FATE-Blank.png (18KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
FATE-Blank.png
18KB, 648x432px
>>365755
Tell you what, fill out some of this info for "Jz" and you can play the insectoid sounding bastard.
>>365757
Congratulations, you found a fat rat! And earned several scoldings and three new bruises from people you tried to sneak up on. You also earned 3 chains helping some rich lady with her luggage.
>>
>>365787
Can I actually be a pirate right now? I really want to engage in naval battle. Also use the chains to buy rations.
>>
>>365787
Gimme a rundown on whats what and you got it.
Refresh? High Concept? Trouble? How do skills work? What do you put in extra? Stunts is boarding shit, right? Wut phys or mental stress? Consequences? Or just link me some shit and I'll get to work, we can get my ass in the story later.
>>
>>365804
You buy a weeks worth of hard tack, for one person. While you're at it, you trade the rat for a bowl of soup, a hunk of bread and 1 chain. Which should buy Aurum some soup so you have something in you both before you head off.
>>365807
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace-download/Fate%2BCore%2BElectronic.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiEqu7rpu_NAhVO42MKHTtmDE4QFggjMAE&usg=AFQjCNEEY-cfYM1VraFGwk5vjo1Hc8kjDw&sig2=IpJVMK9FXCaGw8HPumcrcg Fuck that's big.
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2, 1 = 7 (4d3)

>>365831
Eat up with Aurum. Check to see if Aurum is real. Set sail and look for vulnerable merchants to raid.

Rolling for see if Aurum is real.
>>
>>365840
Aurum is very real, which he proves by slapping you when you poke him. You sail out, give me a sailing roll (+3). Out away from the port, you will give me a notice roll (+2)
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 3, 2 + 3 = 11 (4d3 + 3)

>>365860
Kay. Aurum can roll aswell right? Do you mind doin that on a random number generator?
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 3, 1 + 2 = 12 (4d3 + 2)

>>365860
notice roll.
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 3, 3 + 3 = 13 (4d3 + 3)

>>365869
Aurum doesn't sail, but he can make his own notice check.
>>
>>365871
>>365873
All right, you find a small ship hauling what appears to be ash peppers and witch's grave. Only one person on the boat, and it's coming in, so unless someone recognizes you, there will be no trouble selling it at Argentum.
>>365869
You also are able to get quite close before the Squirrely merchant can notice you.
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 3, 2 = 9 (4d3)

>>365968
Get puratin mask and get em tell mate to come aswell! bonus from stunt?
>>
>>365977
What are you doing?
>>
>>365981
Raiding the boat. I don a pirating mask tell Mate to don his mask and to help me.
>>
>>366000
Ok, so you hop over to the squirrel's ship. The squirrel sighs, "I'm guessing you want to take the witch's grave?"
>>
>>366032
"And the "Special Stuff" dont try to hide it I aint no fool." Point sword to his throat. Nod to Mate to search the ship fer loots.
>>
Going to sleep Cap'n, the whole fate thing is making me dizzy.
I'll show up later, get cash.
>>
>>366039
"Witches grave is 'the special stuff' dummkopf, unless your insinuating that I have feral, which I don't." Says the squirrel.
>>366095
Goodnight, I'm heading to bed as well.
>>
Good morning.
>>
>>366628
mornin. Snake 'er
>>
>>366116
When last we saw our adventurer, the squirrel had denied that the drug "feral" was in his possession. However, a much more common, and we'll received drug, "witch's grave" is clearly aboard his craft, a good, that he seems willing to part with, in return for his life. "Don't even think about taking the peppers though, my buyers would never buy it from anyone else, and it wouldn't sell for a fraction of its value elsewhere.
>>
>>370526
How close to the port are we? Can people see the ship and me and the guy?
>>
>>370536
No, you're quite a ways out. But he is right about the biggest buyers of ash peppers being picky about who they buy from.
>>
>>370892
Stab him in the throat. Sail this boat away from the harbor and anyone. Have Mate sail our boat away with this one. Add this boat to our own. Remove all signs the merchants boat existed.
>>
>>370959
Hold on for a moment, I need access to my notes.
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 1, 1 + 4 = 10 (4d3 + 4)

>>371012
All right, it's close, but the squirrel acts first.
Seeing you go for your knife, he grabs his own weapon and swings the butt of what appears, in the heat of the moment, to be a spear, at your head. Care to defend?
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 3, 3 = 10 (4d3)

>>371099
Duck and call out to Mate for help.
>>
>>371127
Ok, it's your turn now. Pete shouts, again in his exotic tongue, "Suck my shame globes you shank happy fuck! I'm getting this shit" his turn will be spent moving a bushel of witch's grave to The Limping Titmouse. Of which there are three.
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 1, 2 = 8 (4d3)

>>371155
Imma kill that insubordinate fuck one day. Stab the Merchant in the intestines. Add whatever bonuses I get from bein a pirate.
>>
>>371176
You get +3 from being that good at fighting, if you want, you can add another for 1 fate point, but you only have 3.
>>
>>371197
sure. So that bumps it up to 12? Would you say he is thoroughly dead?
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 2, 1 + 6 = 11 (4d3 + 6)

>>371212
First, he gets a defend, he is going to invoke 2 of his aspects (acrobat and animal kin) to add 2, he gets a normal +4 to athletics. He is dodging.
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 3, 1 + 2 = 12 (4d3 + 2)

>>371235
All right, that's one stress, you are slightly ahead, he will now shift the ship so that his end is higher, the goods are in a bit of a hole, so they should be fine. You can try and interfere with this.
>>
>>371259
Okay. What? So he is using a spear a two handed weapon WHILE steering a ship which takes two hands as well. AND he gets a bonus from it.
>>
>>371271
It's not that hard to take one hand off your weapon to do something else. Two handed weapons only become a problem when attempting to wield more than one weapon. And yes, his weapon is a well made rifle with affixed bayonet.
>>
>>371283
It's an extra, you can buy extras, I gave you yours for free.
>>
>>371301
Your ship, I mean
>>
>>371301
Well how is he going to move the boat so his side is higher? Unless he goes up stairs he cant really make one side higher without the other going higher a few seconds later. Just stab him with my sword in the throat. Also how much dmg did my previous attack do.
>>
>>371309
Ok, first of all, it's a very small boat, the rudder is right where he was sitting when you pulled a knife on him. If you aren't opposing his action, then the ship adjusts it's position so that the aft rest higher. Are you rolling an attack? Do you want to declare one of your stunts to be the possession of a sword extra? As for your own question, he took a stress, but is currently uninjured.
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 2, 1 = 8 (4d3)

>>371325
Just keep stabbing him.
>>
>>371337
After I stab him how about I hmmm...Stab him!
>>
This thread looks interesting.
Pic related.
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 2, 1 + 4 = 12 (4d3 + 4)

>>371337
All right, he keeps dodging.
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2, 1 = 7 (4d3)

>>371397
K keep stabbin and stuff.
>>371395
You should join. Be like a guy stranded in the water that I can save then me and you can have naval adventures! And we can kill Mate that mofo.
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 3, 3 + 4 = 13 (4d3 + 4)

>>371397
A success he tries to kick you back, he uses one-
>>371405
Bitch it ain't your turn yet! Where was I? Oh yes, he uses one of his two free invokes on the ships awkward angle, and tries to kick you backwards.
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 2, 3 = 7 (4d3)

>>371420
Grab his leg. I will certainly get a bonus from it being so very open and for pirates being underhanded.
>>
>>371405
Would love to! Fair warning though, may disappear because time zones.
>>
>>371431
He still beat your weird ads defend by 2 points, that's you on your back and one free invoke for him, unless you would like to spend your action overcoming that aspect.
>>
>>371435
aight. Make a character real quick. The way I made fire was just say "A crazy pirate that can be controlled by many people" Technically we could just both control Fire if you wanted.
>>371442
Do whatever allows me to take him down with me.
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 2, 3 = 7 (4d3)

>>371445
Rolling.
>>
>>371445
So, your trying to trip him? That would be a fight roll.
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 2, 3 + 4 = 12 (4d3 + 4)

>>371458
Ah, another dodge. Pete is finishing with the drugs this turn. You could ask him again if he would like to join the combat.
>>
>>371445
A man cursed by an offended sea witch to never cross the shoreline to dry land, but blessed with water-breathing.

How is that?
>>
>>371459
I dont know what he is doing. Your using alot of technical terms. All I want to do is grab his leg when he attempts to kick me and take him with me off the boat. If you want me to understand use fluff as to what he is doing. An example is "I stab the something. Giggles-He uses magix." Then you say "Fire grips his weapon and strikes the something. In retaliation uses magix."
>>371473
Call for..Pete? I thought it was arumaor or something.
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 2, 3 + 5 = 15 (4d3 + 5)

>>371473
And now the squirrel shoots your prone form, +1 from his last and only invoke on your being on your back, he could pay for another invoke, so be careful. +3 for skill, +1 for gun. And this feels a tad Mary Sue.
>>
>>371478
Tall Pete Aurum, yes.
>>
>>371486
You mean you think the Merchant is op? Cause I can say he is VERY annoying especially since he had his hands up and I had a blade do his throat yet somehow escaped.

Just throw him off the boat. Either by taking him with me after I fall or by throwing his weak body.
>>
>>371506
Those two things were never established, and your on the ground, still. Acrobatics roll (+nothing) to get up, if you succeed with sufficient leeway you can also take an action, but first, you have to deal with 5 points of physical stress.
>>
>>371477
We're in the sky, sorry if that was never made clear, but I said skyport at least once.
>>
>>371524
I see. Perhaps I could be a bird man grappling with a giant eagle then?
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 1, 2 = 6 (4d3)

>>371519
>>371519
I said
>Point sword to throat
Earlier.

What do I do with stress? Watch some tv or something?
>>371524
WERE IN THE SKY?! FORGOT THE ENTIRE PLAN TO TAKE HIM DOWN WITH ME. RUN TO THE RUDDER.
>>
>>371519
He is talking about this:
>>366039
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 1, 3 + 4 = 13 (4d3 + 4)

>>371545
I'll deal with your stress for now. I didn't see the thing about the sword. It would appear that your unathletic ass is still on the ground. Weird. Anyways, Pete will now throw you back to the ship. Your lucky he's a strong fellow.
>>
>>371607
Alright I guess let Pete throw me back to the ship while he 1v1 Mr.Merchant Mc Jackass
>>
>>371607
Pete: "Stay up there or I'll kill you myself!"
Squirrel: "You seem reasonable, a shame I can't tell what your saying."
>>371612
I swear this was typed out before you posted that.
>>
>>371617
Do some cheerleader moves to boost his morale. Chant his name.

Have a giant bird with a bird man attached fall onto my ship?
>>
>>371542
Any additional details? Or do I need to tell you what I told Jz?
>>
>>371643
Bellon, who was renowned for his wrestling-like claw-augmented fighting prowess, was making his way back home with his flock-tribe.

They were just returning from their breeding grounds (as this is now the end of our breeding season) and we were ambushed by our arch enemies and primary predator; the White-Bellied Black Dire-Eagle.

Bellon was the first to be attacked and has already been flown far away from the rest of the flock, when both him and his assalent hit the steering wheel of the flying ship by chance and tumble across the deck in a tight ball of violence.
>>
>>371643
OP why do you disappear all the time.
>>
welp its a bit late for me. If OP ever comes back feel free to use the char I created. I personally imagine him with a cock-sure, "macho man," sort of ego, but what ever.

Wish you luck brother.
>>
>>371676
Congratulations, you've given me next to no information in three paragraphs. Good for you! Can you introduce your character?
>>371633
"What is wrong with you? I'm untying us and your gonna sail away." Pete says, has he hops back aboard The Limping Titmouse. He holds his pistol in one hand. "And if you say one word in argument I will shoot you and pantomime the need for a ride from this other guy, aiet?"
>>
>>371880
"How about we take this guys boat. What I mean is replace all our shitty planks with his good ones. Or just take his sails and wood. People like that stuff maybe."
>>
>>371916
"No. We take what we can" He gestures at the witch's grave "and run. We may be able to get away with your way a year ago. But it's just the two of us now."
>>
>>372881
"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEE. Steal his sails though. I want some new sheets."
>>
>>372963
"Cloth we can afford, your life, not so much. Sail."
>>
>>374316
Grumble Grumble stupid mofo grumble grumble. Sail to a port that is not the one that the merchant is going to.
>>
>>374344
Ok? There is a smugglers port on the far side of Entrast, in a village named Dart. You arrive, and are immediately pulled into questioning by Theodore Croak. He asks the same questions he always asks. About where your loyalties lie. You tell him what all people in the know say. "I'm in this for myself." Croak lets you on your business, after taking his third from your goods as payment for using his port. Still, the witch's grave pulls a nice profit, 12 Gront for 2 bushels. Now comes the real question, do you pay 6 Croon for a night in Dart, or do you risk a room in Argentum for 1?
>>
>>374396
Sleep in the titmouse as always.
>>
>>374396
I just realized that I should explain the monetary system. Ok, so chains are the base unit and are literally interlocking links made of copper. A croon is a paper note worth 12 chains, and a Gront is another paper note worth 12 croon. Understand?
>>
>>374440
Imma go for a bit. How about you figure out what this town looks like and its layout. Or come up with some NAVAL plot.
>>
>>374438
Oh, I forgot that was an option.

The wind sways make it difficult to get a truly restful sleep, but you don't believe comfort is worth your money. you wake to find the winds have brought you to the middle of the jungle. You see a small fishing village below. There are lots of these on Entrast. Thinking about the inhabitants of the jungle reminds you of all the elves that heavily inhabit the planet. Only one place on Entrast sells the sort of resources you would need to go off world. Argentum major.
>>374447
Do you mean Argentum map or Dart?
>>
>>374472
Whichever area I am at.

How many Witch's Grave do I have left? You said I had 3 barrels if I remeber.

Also you know how we messed up and you thought I didnt have a knife to the Merchant. Why dont we just say that was happening in Fire Snakes head. Which I was wondering if he could maybe see the result of a action every day or so. Like I attempt to fix a boat and fail. Then I could use my craziness and rewind to before I did that.
>>
>>374567
One was taken, and the other two were sold.
>>
>>374575
Okay. I guess start sailing to that one nation that wanted a privateer. Look for merchants to raid while travelling.
>>
>>374591
First you need to stock up on supplies. Not to mention the sad lack of guns on the LT. And if you intend to pull such raids in the midst of the aether you will need masks. Although for crew, you could always ask around in Argentum minor. As for now, I need to sleep.
>>
>>375230
Anyone lurking?
>>
>>381896
Fire Snake still here. Also buy gas masks and lots of rations.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.