[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DER KRIEG V: The Roman Empire strikes back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 49

File: Reichswehr.png (467KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
Reichswehr.png
467KB, 800x535px
Youare a coalition of parties in the Weimar Republic, leading the country through chaotic times. You have stopped Hitler from coming to power, but there is still a job to be done.
War is upon Germany, as the Nazis eye Germany and Austria hungrily from Italy, and the forces of democracy duke it out with the fascist hordes in the alpine passes. Will Germany prevail? Or will the fascist war machine roll over Europe and snuff out the light of democracy?
>>
File: Mussolini.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mussolini.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
In Italy, Mussolini seeks to turn the tide and show Italian might to the world. He announces, that if Germany will not surrender peacefully, he will raise eight million bayonets to fight against it. Already half a million trained recruits are making their way up to the Tyrol, ready to stop the Germans before they reach the Po valley and the Venetian lowlands.
>>
>>364253

I have arrived mein fuhrer!
I say we bomb out Italian supply lines and roads to halt the advance North. In the meantime, we begin Taking more of Tyrol and had it over to Austria
>>
File: Boot.png (165KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Boot.png
165KB, 958x1095px
>>364266
Right then. You begin bombing the Italian supply lines, which in the Alps are few and easy to spot. Your bombers are after a short time met with overwhelming resistance from Italian fighter planes, although they fail to give chase after your planes, having to take off from the lowlands.
You hand over your occupied territory to Austria, claiming that it will be theirs anyway once the war is over.
Guderian reminds you of his suggestion about mobilizing the infantry. This would mean moving divisions away from the front, but in time they'll be more effective.
>>
>>364313
Build up defences but switch 3 divisions at a time
>>
>>364366
You have 3 divisions moved away from the front, as the new 3rd Italian Army moves into the Tyrol. Do you dig in or counterattack?
>>
>>364397
Are they still moving or have they dug in
>>
>>364397
If they've dug in, then dig in ourselves. If they still haven't prepared defenses, then counterattack.
>>
>>364404
>>364411
The 3rd army is on the offensive, and has not dug in.
>>
>>364463
Alright let's go meet them with the mechanized infantry and tanks
>>
File: Reichswehr soldiers.jpg (90KB, 640x406px) Image search: [Google]
Reichswehr soldiers.jpg
90KB, 640x406px
>>364472
Victory! The green soldiers of Il Duce prove to be no match for German veterans and Kruppstahl. The Italians flee with their tails between their legs as the Germans toast to a job well done. What now?
>>
>>364520
Gather any weapons and vehicles they left behind and send them behind lines. Fortify the land we just got until we have more mechanized divisions.
>>
File: Boot.png (168KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>364540
You decide to hunker down until the next batch of motorized infantry arrives. This will take a month.

Side note, did you guys decide whether to crown Wilhelm or not?
>>
>>364665
Yeah, but as a constitutional monarch with very little political power (a seat worth five seats in the Reichstag, iirc).
>>
>>364665
Yeah but just as a ceremonial leader. How is Italy's economy?
>>
File: Er ist wieder da.jpg (38KB, 479x789px) Image search: [Google]
Er ist wieder da.jpg
38KB, 479x789px
>>364678
>>364699
Italy's economy is decent, although highly centralized and a war economy.

You officially disband the office of President, and Frederick Wilhelm is crowned Wilhelm II of Germany. The Weimar Republic has come to an end. Long live the Kaiser!
>>
>>364865
Heil, Kaiser, dir! What do the German people think of this development?
>>
>>364865
I thought there was gonna be a president and a Kaiser as a figure. Like the u.k.
>>
>>364893
We have a Chancellor (German equivalent of UK prime minister) as the head of government, Willy is just head of state.
>>
>>364893
>>364900
Also, if you are American, basically the difference between head of government and head of state is the former holds executive power while the latter is the figurehead of the government. In the US, both of these roles are combined in the office of President.
>>
>>364873
The older Germans, i.e. the ones born before 1900, laud this development, seeing the old Kaiserreich (new name is probably needed) restored and the chaos of the Republic brought to an end. The younger people are much more divided, seeing the kaiser as either a sign of change to the better or as an antiquated relic, not fit to lead Germany towards its new destiny.
>>364893
He is, he is just replacing the former figurehead.
>>
>>364940
>new name is probably needed
Change our official name to the "Kingdom of Germany." We are not an empire, ruling over oppressed people, but a kingdom of Germans united behind one cause.
>>
>>364907
Ah. Alright. Thanks for clearing it up
>>
>>365019
You officially decree the Kingdom of Germany, to quite mild reactions. People seem to have expected it for some time, and are more concerned with the war currently going on. Speaking of which, the 3 infantry divisions have just been motorized, and have returned to the front.
>>
>>365139
Switch those for three other divisions and look for an.opening to breakthrough
>>
>>365139
Do as >>365143 says. See if we can find a weakpoint to exploit.

By the way, how is our airforce faring against the Italians? Air superiority is important.
>>
File: grease.png (220KB, 1111x972px) Image search: [Google]
grease.png
220KB, 1111x972px
Meanwhile, you check to see how Greece is doing.

Oh.
Oh dear.
>>
>>365173
What the fuck? Three countries can't take one landing force? Cut their supplies off with our subs and do a record on our frontline. There can't be a lot of men there.
>>
>>365173
I would suggest reassigning our new motorised divisions to the Greek front. Our allies are the key to us winning this war and I hope we can win this without destroying their nations.
>>
>>365173
Wait, who are the grey? Italians?
>>
>>365203
Yep, they began a landing not too long ago but we believed the Greeks could hold or push them back while we fought in the north.

Clearly we were wrong...
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>365143
>>365153
You push through towards the city of Trent, the last line of defense in the Tyrolian Alps. The Department of Espionage has provided you with info on Italy´s largest industrial centres for bombing.
You seem to have the upper hand in the air, although your planes might be a bit outdated. It appears that the main Italian bombing force is non-existant, or somewhere else.
>>
>>365300
What is our research doing?
>>
>>365328
Currently researching Blitzkrieg doctrine, motorized infantry use, and Messerschmidt bf 109's.
>>
>>365300
We should rush to secure that large northern industrial sector, preferably isolating the peninsula as we do so.

Therefore the orders are thus; push south by south-west. Focus on industry and resources along with critical infrastructure.

As to our air force, they should attempt to eliminate any industry further south than we can expect our infantry to arrive at, assuming they travel at a reasonable speed, in a year. Priority is given to eliminating any facilities producing refined oil goods like plane fuel.
>>
>>365339
Ah. Okay. Well que up some bombers. What about Einstein? Also can we sneak in soldiers to blow up factories and such?
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>365346
You begin pushing south by southwest, sloughing through the Alps towards the Po valley. Trent is surrounded, with a battalion of infantry surrounding it and the minimal garrison.
Your airforce moves south to bomb the industry of Tuscany and Ancona.
>>365359
You queue up a wing of bombers. This will take a month or so.
Einstein is still working on nuclear fission, but his department has stumbled upon a way to create a better decryption model in the process.
You can do industrial sabotage, but it would require quite the espionage effort.

I'm going to call it quits for today, see you tomorrow.
>>
>>365418
Sabotage, and begin preying on Italian Vessels in Greece, we can cut them off.

In the North Head towards Venice.
Request French assistance
>>
>>364940
It has always been das Reich until 45, so no real changes are needed.
>>
>>365452
Anyone got a link to previous threads?
>>
>>365418

Are the allies calling for more reinforcements? Whats the mood among them now.

>>366408

https://yuki.la/qst/260202
https://yuki.la/qst/281963
https://yuki.la/qst/316680
https://yuki.la/qst/341018
>>
>>366503
Were you someone in the older threads?
>>
File: grease.png (330KB, 1111x972px) Image search: [Google]
grease.png
330KB, 1111x972px
>>366503
Although the Italians have made great gains, attacks on their shipping and unfavourable terrain have slowed their advances down to a crawl. It is hoped that a counterattack might be launched sometime before next year.
>>365452
The French refuse to intervene on Germany's behalf, and proclaim staunch neutrality in the conflict.
>>
>>366687
How long can the Greeks hold out before Italy reaches Athens?

good thing I'm Greek myself :o)
>>
>>366687
Then tell them to leave our lands.they aren't allowed to occupy a nation if they aren't at war with us. At least charge them rent.
>>
>>366698
Pay denbts.
Pay denbts.
Pay denbts.
PAY FICKEN DENBTS
I'm just fucking with you man, how hot is it over there?
>>
>>366702
31 celcius here in my city. I'm used to the heat but it gets a bit colder into the day.
>>
>>366698
>good thing I'm Greek myself
Ayy, we have a Greek here!

>At least charge them rent.
And a Jew as well!

The Greeks can hold out for months in Attica, as German submarines have been successful in depriving them of the supplies needed for a full-scale offensive.
>>
>>366705
Fuck, here it's a perfect 75 degrees, or 22 degrees celcius. The only issue is since I live in Seattle the wind from the sea is making it feel 15 degrees
>>
>>366712
Good, cut them down in the North. Hand Austria South Tyrol and head towards Venice.
>>
>>366712
That's good. Any developments on the Italian front in the alps? Any pushes or the like?

>>366736
That's too cold for.me, I like my humid, hot air
>>
>>366766
Here the air is dry so cold air doesn't bite you.
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>366760
>>366766
A push towards Venice is in progress, taking the Italians by surprise as they were expecting you to continue pushing towards Verona. You give most of the Tyrol to Austria, who is very grateful.
>>
>>366796
Now let's clear up Tyrol, hand it to Austria, then launch a surprise attack on Trieste.
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>366819
Again, the Italians are caught by surprise when you decide to breakthrough in the quiet front in the Austrian Littoral, finally breaking out of the Alps. Trieste is virtually undefended.
>>
>>366835
Quickly take Balkan areas in Italy. Hand the Islands off the coast of Yugoslavia to them.
As for Venice, do a beach landing from the coast around Trieste.
>>
>>366835
Use the bombers to target factories at night.
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>366851
>>366898
You try to secure the Littoral, and manage to take most of Istria. GThe Italians are fighting fiercely, however, with many performing organised retreats to the Yugoslav borders and deserting there, escaping the fate of being POWs. Meanwhile, you bomb the industry of Milan, Verona and Treviso to hell.
>>
>>366956
What are the red specks everywhere?
>>
>>366956
Take the rest of the peninsula on the right and bomb railroad lines too
>>
>>366956
I would suggest taking the isolated Balkan lands held by the Italians, to allow our troops there to be reassigned elsewhere.

As to the rest of our forces, continue a general advance south by south-west. Focusing on capturing industrial facilities, oil industry and infrastructure hubs.

Air-force should just bomb the crap out of all industry that we don't expect to reach in a year.
>>
>>366976
Those are the Italian industrial areas; factories, power-plants and other such things critical to their war effort and to the production of war material.
>>
>>366956
Push to The southeast and to the west from Tyrol and from Trieste take out that last pocket and prepare for a beach landing south of Venice.
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
You quickly secure the Trieste area, as the Eastern front now creeps towards Udine, a large town but not very valuable after the bombings. Still, some of the industry could be repaired quickly. Meanwhile, the Alpine front has become mostly static, with offensives being rare.
You put forward an idea of launching a naval invasion of Venice, but are reminded that you don´t have any ships in the Adriatic. The best you could do is stuff some soldiers in your U-boats and try to sabotage the locks on the lagoon.
>>
File: 1468434169543.png (168KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1468434169543.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>367079
Make a large offensive push from Istria towards Venice and then Milan, with the goal being to surround Lombardia and, with it, Milan.
>>
>>367096
This.
>>
>>367079
Start repairing the town's and factories in our territory and launch a few u boats full of men
>>
>>367096
Seems about right, I'll support it.
>>
We also need new in game parties. I am the only one left that's been here since before thread 3
>>
>>367096
Do it. Once they lose the north, they are finished.
>>
>>367117
Your trip would be " Die ARFP" in german. Assuming you mean a political party.
>>
>>367117
No. I have been here since start.
>>
>>367129
Thanks, my German is kinda choppy and I'm still learning it.
>>
>>367138
Oh right. I don't remember you in thread 2 or the first half of 3 though
>>
>>367159
I had a differentl name
>>
>>367164
What was it? Also anyone want to take control of a dead party?
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>367096
>>367103
Ignoring the fortifications around the town of Treviso, your army, spearheaded by tanks and infantrymen on motorcycles, break through every line of Italian defence. Now only 50 km away from Verona, Italian High command scrambles to find reserves to keep Lombardy safe. The offensive also allows for a large encirclement on the Alpine front, as 4 divisions are taken unaware by the lightning speed of the German offensive.
3 more divisions can now be motorized.
>>
>>367176
Keep our armored and motorized divisions moving west. Use foot infantry to close the gaps and crush encircled troops. Rush the three new motorized divisions to the front and replace them with another three infantry divisions.
>>
>>367176
Motorize the divisions, crush the pocket, take Venice, and continue west.
How is Greece?
>>
>>367176
Motorized three more and move to Verona
>>
>>367181
Yes, how's is the Greek front
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>367179
>>367181
>>367182
You motorize another three divisions, bringing the count to 12. After two weeks of heavy fighting, Treviso falls, and with it, the last hope for italy to hold on to Veneto. You surround Venice, and begin taking out the fortifications on the shores of the lagoon, protecting Venice from naval assault. The way to the sea is open, destroyed by U-boats currently scouring the Adriatic.
In the Alps, Verona surrenders in order to avoid large-scale damage like Treviso. Documents forgotten by the Italian army suggest only a militia division or two remain in Lombardy.

Taking a ~45 min break to eat, will post greek map momentarily
>>
>>367227
Don't take Lombardy. It could be a trap. Legalised moving to the left.
>>
File: grease.png (328KB, 1111x972px) Image search: [Google]
grease.png
328KB, 1111x972px
The Greeks are still holding on, repelling an Italian assault at Thermopylae and pushing them out of Asia minor. In The Bosphorus, hundreds of boats are being built for Operation Οδυσσέας, which aims at securing the Agaean Sea for Greece.
>>
>>367237
Nah you are thinking too much into it. Even if they are lying and have more divisions than they say they do, we will still roll over them. The Italian army is on its last legs.
>>
>>367272
It seems weird they haven't pulled anything like this yet
>>
>>367303
It's the Italians. Mussolini is far more bark than bite. Just look at the military history of Italy in WW2 and you'll know what I mean.
>>
>>367303
It's Italy, even if they are doing that they won't be able to do shit. Most of their military is in Greece.
>>
>>367351
We are annexing Austria right?
>>
>>367403
I don't think so.
>>
>>367403
Soon, but after the war
>>
>>367403
>>367416
Well we can put it up for a vote but we both know who will win
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
You continue your plan to encircle Lombardy, pushing south to the Po and Mincio rivers. The Italians have unfortunately blown up every bridge across the river, to buy themselves some time. In the Alps, the last Italian infantry divisions retreat while the encircled garrisons offer a surrender, only asking that they and their families be treated well. Milan continues to suffer from the bombing of its industry, and forward scouts have reported a large number of people fleeing south.
>>
>>367464
Continue the encirclement. Start shifting the focus of our bombing towards central Italy, specifically Rome.

Also, there surely is some democratic Italian resistance we can work with to hold the countryside and bring order to the country once we have captured it?
>>
>>367464
We will give them and their families full amnesty.
>>
>>367464
Keep pushing west to that large cluster of red.
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>367480
>>367486
>>367493
You close off Lombardy, the only obstacle now being some Alpine border forts and the thousands of people trying their luck passing through them. Another two infantry divisions have been freed up with the surrender of the Eastern pocket, allowing for enough manpower to push on Venice and Padua.
>>
>>367464
Surprise attack from Tyrol to Milan.
>>
>>367572
Let's move in to pocket on top
>>
Boot.png
168KB, 958x1095px
>>367573
>>367596
You close the pocket in the north, while pushing from the Tyrol to tighten it further. Virtually no resistance comes from within the pockets as most soldiers decide that running into the mountains is better than being led into the slaughter.
>>
Keep up in Tyrol. Demand Italian surrender.
>>
>>367690
Demand the Italian surrender and continue to squeeze them
>>
>>367695
This. While Mussolini himself likely won't surrender, I'm sure many others will. Make a general announcement demanding surrender of Italy, promising the Italians that we will be lenient in the peace terms (territorial cessions in Tirol which goes to Austria and that Croatian peninsula which goes to Yugoslavia, and installation of a democratic government) should they surrender peacefully. This should hopefully turn the Italian people against Mussolini.
>>
>>367725
This.
>>
>>367690
Can we get the chart for political power for each power?
>>
>>367812
>political power
Not sure what that means exactly
>>367695
>>367703
You demand the unconditional surrender of italy, promising leniency for the nation, its people and soldiers. While most north of the Po happily accept your surrender, except for a single garrison division in Milan, the armies south of the river keep fighting, knowing that you cannot cross the river and would rather not suffer the humiliation of defeat. In Venice, a small skirmish erupts a few hours after the announcement. Seems like they might have some differing ideas on surrendering.
>>
>>367843
Like the delegates and where we are represented. The election map basically. Also, prepare our men on the other side of the river. We will attack at night.
>>
>>367843
Suppress the Revolts, remove any northern pockets while heading towards Pisa.
>>
>>367843

Crush the division in Milan.

Does the surrender include the regions right next to france?

Because then we can divert some motorised regiments to bypass the Po and come in from the west.
>>
File: Results.png (317KB, 1636x1676px) Image search: [Google]
Results.png
317KB, 1636x1676px
>>367860
Here are the current delegates
>>
>>367943
What is the current war look like?
>>
File: Boot.png (167KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Boot.png
167KB, 958x1095px
>>368005
They look like this, with the eastern front unable to move across the Po and Mincio rivers while the west pushes forward with little opposition.
>>
>>368038
Start repairing the factories so they can make some new tanks and planes. Also look to capture their "scientists"
>>
File: 1468448086497.png (167KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1468448086497.png
167KB, 958x1095px
>>368038

Is the pietmont region prepared to surrender?

Offer the city of Turin and the garrison forces the same that we've offered.

If we can control that region, we can push across the river near the circle green segment where they if would be harder for them to reinforce due to the long extended line and then force a breakthrough into italy's hinderland.
>>
>>368038
Clear out Piedmont then head south.
>>
File: Boot.png (166KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Boot.png
166KB, 958x1095px
>>368079
>>368087
The Piedmont region is actually mostly empty. There is an Alpini division and a Garrison division there, but most of the front is abandoned. Your troops attempt to move towards Pisa, but the area is heavily fortified.
>>
>>368111
Push for Genoa instead of Piedmont.
>>
>>368111

Pisa should come later, consolidate the piedmont region to shorten our frontline.

Then push towards taking Nice.
>>
>>368111

Whats the italian navy up to. and their strength in the Adriatic sea?

How feasible is a short seaborne assault to bypass the po river and land to secure the opposite bank.
>>
>>368127
Nice is in France.

But otherwise this.
>>
>>368144

Oops. Read my map wrongly. That big red dot should be genoa then.
>>
File: Liguria.jpg (96KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
Liguria.jpg
96KB, 580x386px
>>368141
The Italians have five battleships, one seaplane carrier, seven heavy cruisers, a dozen light cruisers, 50 destroyers and a single submarine.
>>368123
You push for Genoa, but there are forts and obstacles all over the Ligurian mountains. You might need to bring in some heavier artillery for this.
>>
>>368172
seaborne push is out of the question then. Thats far too heavy.

Assign more planes, preferably dive bombers, to this push along with our artillery division. Do we have enough pieces to form more divisions?
>>
>>368172
Queue up some artillery and send them to the division at the Piedmont front.

How has Greece faired so far? Is operation Odysseus a success?
>>
Use our subs to sink their Navy in Greece.
>>
>>368226
our subs seem to be doing a good number on their shipping and its not like their navy is being very effective right now, cant even seem to protect their convoys properly.

We should just concentrate of eliminating their convoys and starve their assaulting army of supplies. Their ships can be used as war reparations once we take the boot.
>>
>>368238
This, the main reason why the greeks are holding is the Italians lack the ability to supply enough of their troops for a successful offensive action.
>>
File: greese.png (332KB, 1111x972px) Image search: [Google]
greese.png
332KB, 1111x972px
>>368210
>>368226
Greece has successfully completed Operation Odysseus and currently has two follow-up plans.
1.Operation Prometheus, aiming for a triple encirclement in mainland Greece, which will require a large effort and is quite risky.
2.Operation Theseus, an effort to secure all the islands and and commandeer the Italian ships in Crete, currently 12 destryers, two light cruisers and the Italian submarine, and then land in Laconia to open up a new front..
>>
>>368295
what strength of the regia marina is immediately available that might strike back at operation theseus once those ships have been commanded?

I'm partial to it but the strength of the italian navy means it might be a death cruise.

Otherwise, what support can we offer our balkan allies in support of operation prometheus to ensure its success?
>>
>>368295
Reccomend operation Prometheus over Operation Theseus, the Peloponnese is just rolling mountain and hills. I'f they open up a new front, that's a waste of troops they could be using to liberate Corinth and polygros
>>
>>368295
Hmmmm. I want to advise them to do Theseus because if they can capture the Navy, it will be a big help
>>
>>368327

Even if they dont do either operation, just having them capture the ships will be great.

I'm sort of inclined to force the greece front to remain open for the time being. As the italians are forced to supply their expeditionary troops. This means factories and yards that could be producting war material against our forces are being used to supply the italians in greece which have to run the gauntlet of our submarines, wasting their war potential.
>>
>>368302
You can promise them material aid, some divisions or just your thoughts and payers.
>>
What I was saying is to also sink their escorts along with the transports.
Unless it's undefended, then they're stupid and we should've already won.

Maybe we can go in a sub up the Tiber(?) at Rome and send some trained agents of the GRC/DRK to do an abduction of an official to hold hostage?
>>
>>368341

An abduction doesnt seem like it might do much. Perhaps intelligence operatives to sneak a peak at their operational plans?

Or we could insert a sanction team and kill off Mussolini.

The infighting after that should be rather easy to take advantage of.
>>
>>368362
Killing Mussolini with agents or a public assassination is a good idea. Cause as much chaos as possible.
>>
Boot.png
166KB, 958x1095px
Piedmont is finally taken care of, with a garrison division in Turin being the only resistance left in the area. Meanwhile, the infantry divisions st the eastern front have been equipped with rafts and makeshift bridges and are ready to strike.

See you tomorrow.
>>
>>368421

Offer honourable surrender to the garrison. See if we can get family members of the division to come forward to urge them to surrender. No need for them to die for a dictator that doesn't care.

I wonder if the po river allows u-boats to enter.

Imagine sending a couple up the river. And them surfacing to shell with deck guns to support the landing.
>>
>>368672
The U-Boat river would be cool. Also load them with troops so they can disembark.
>>
>>368701
troops would load them down. They're not very well armoured so they'd suck at what they're doing. Either we use them as fire support or as a middling speed transport. If you want to use them as troops, I'd suggest using them to insert pathfinders ahead of the main assault in the dead of the night.

That way they still use their deck gun and keep moving to avoid return fire.
>>
>>368745
U boats wouldn't carry that many troops, but what about supplies? They could push them out while they are above sea level
>>
>>368754

If we can establish a large enough footprint that they need immediate resupply that they cannot do on their own, we'd have the beachhead we need to ferry in more troops and the rest of the supply chain.

Otherwise they'd be in a stalemate on the riverbank, without much cover and the river to their backs, a terrible situation. It'd be better to fall back and use the u-boats to cover their withdrawal at that point rather then support them in that sort of meatgrinder.
>>
>>368421
Take the rest of the industrial base in the north. Then we can take our time.

What are the forces left for Italy?

Also absolute no to an attack of Rome. We win lot of face in the world if we keep that city out of war.
Offer them good terms for surrender or something.
>>
>>368769
So should we use the U boats instead to cover the retreat if it does happen? I mean the U boats are pretty valuable. More than the average soldier or tank.
>>
>>368769
An idea would be to use our subs to deploy small groups of trained infiltrators into the Italian mainland, to sabotage factories, bridges, airbases and other such things.

Alternatively, have them deploy behind the Italians in Greece to destroy supply dumps and attack convoys.

Problem is we lack any formations trained in sabotage, subterfuge, commando and guerrilla warfare. Thus we are faced with two choices if we want such a plan; deploy troops untrained in these regards or with minimal training, or to deploy them in a year while waiting for some to get trained.
>>
>>368780

Yes, as in using their deck guns to fire explosive and smoke shells to discourage the enemy from attack our retreating troops.

The men on the banks will still have the rafts they brought with them. They can use those to get back and honestly, if we're forced to retreat, there'll be more rafts than men to use them.
>>
>>368795
Perhaps instead of that, we need to setup a german OSS.
>>
>>368800
Yeah. We will leave them submerged then. That is if the river is deep enough. Compared to America, rivers in Europe are super deep.
>>
>>368814
I'd advise it but we can certainly just go with the other method the British used in regards to spy's. The method is called "Survival of the fittest".

Just deploy all of the Germans we have who can speak Italian with a lack of a German accent, have some training with explosives, rifles or pistols and lastly can be trusted.
>>
>>368814
>>368828
We have a Intelligence service for my party but I am sure we can tun it over to the government.
>>
>>368834
So long as they aren't loyal to Italy or the Nazi's (unlikely I know but still...), there will be no problems.
>>
>In 2002, the city of Milan had no sewage treatment plant. The sewage went through channels directly into the Po

wow. this river is disgusting.
>>
>>368846
They shouldn't be loyal to the Nazis since it was created to spy on the Nazis.
>>
>>368855

Well we already do have our Ministry of Intelligence. What we need are expertise of sabotage... Which your spy group should know something about. Probably have them help in training up our SOE equivalent or form its core along with handpicked pardoned criminals, criminals who despite their criminal origins are still loyal german subjects of the Kaiser.
>>
Pointless bickering. We should just get to Rome via a highly trained force disguised as Pennsylvania Germans on vacation in Rome. In the middle of the night get a firefight going in Mussolini's quarters or the capitol building and escape the scene after killing authorities and dumping our Lugers and MP40s into the river. This way we create mass chaos within Italy and drive them into a complete shitshow.
>>
>>369546
If we are gonna do that we might as well get some Italians to do it.
>>
>>369546
>>369785
So you agree to make a plan to assassinate Mussolini?
>>
>>369803
Do you?
>>
>>369830
If you want to do so, then yes.
>>
>>369843
Oh I didn't know you were QM, sure!
>>
File: Mussolini.jpg (210KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
Mussolini.jpg
210KB, 800x555px
>>369858
You send a few agents, Italians recruited from the time Italy was an allied nation, to the port of Ostia in a U-boat. There, they move by boat up to Rome, currently heavily militarized. Mussolini and his fascists spend mist of their time within he heavily guarded party headquarters, planning for the final victory, as they call it. They wait for a couple of days, sitting at cafés discussing strategy and listening to wiretaps and recordings in their hotel rooms. Eventually, a chance strikes as Mussolini plans to give a speech at a military parade, to raise the spirits of the Italians. All it requires to go through is your approval.
>>
>>369887
Yes. Kill him and a couple Generals.
>>
>>369953
I say we only focus on mussoleni. Once he's dead our agents must make escape as fast as possible.
>>
>>369960
Yes kill him but I want the agents alive
>>
>>369953
>>369960
>>369977
One of the agents aims his rifle at Mussolini, two others ready to protect the sniper and another two ready to distract the guards or, if the others fail and get caught, try again. The sound of ten thousand pairs of boots echoes across the street, almost as loud as the thundering speech coming from the loudspeakers at the platform around the square's middle. There stands the man himself, in full military uniform, chest stuck out, shouting into a microphone, denouncing the German menace.
"Though the situation is bleak, the Roman empire will not surrender! We will not allow the Germanic barbarians to knock down our gates once more! Rather we will destroy the Hun and send them fleeing across the Alps, and restore Rome to its rightful glory. Forward, men of the Italian army! Forward, people of the new Rome! Avanti Ital-"
His words are cut short as the unmistakable sound of a gun is heard. Il Duces right hand, formerly held high and shook at the crowd, now moves down to grab the abdomen, the green uniform of the Duce turning a reddish-brown and wet. He is rushed to a hospital, where it is confirmed that by the grace of God, he still lives. Still, immediate surgery is needed. The two backups follow the crowd to the hospital, but entrance is barred to everyone by armed guards. However, the staff door is lightly guarded, and the power lines are not guarded at all.
>>
>>370054
At least he is scared now. I guess they should try to scale into the building. Maybe try to get in through the roof of window.
>>
>>370054
Tell our agents to go into the hospital room to murder him with a silenced pistol. They should then drive off to a safehouse. while gunning down any guards with a knife.
>>
>>370091
>Gunning down guards with a knife
Originally i said to do a guns blazing type. Don't call me retarded.
>>
>>370081
>>370091
The agents attempt a scaling of the building, but there are guards all around. Should they be killed or should you try another plan?
>>
>>370130
What if our assassins dress up as doctors or janitors and get in the hospital that way. If they have explosives they could blow up that room.
>>
>>370130
>>370146
We can just plant explosives on the building or knife guards
>>
>>370174
If we blow up a hospital the world might be kinda angry
>>
>>370174
You don't have enough explosives to blow up an entire hospital, unfortunately. you do have enough to blow up the room.

So what is it, knifing or explosives?
>>
>>370196
Explosives
>>
>>370192
True. Lets just infiltrate the recovery room splinter cell style, I know Grimsdottir and Lambert aren't with us, but why does that matter?
>>
>>370211
Either or.
>>
>>370211
>>370215
You move into the hospital dressed as doctors, claiming to be there for Il Duce's surgery. Carrying "surgical equipment" in a trolley, you move towards the room, where doctors are working frantically to save Il Duce.

"Finally, some replacements. You have our equipment, right?"

The agents light a fuse to activate the explosives, and then push the trolley with all their might. As they run from the scene, they are thrown forwards by a huge blast at their backs. Minutes later, the news arrive: a dozen people injured and three dead, including a doctor, one of Mussolini´s private guards, and Il Duce himself. As chaos spreads throught the city, the new Duce, Italo Balbo, moves the army to try to restore order. The War office burns down, along with a few hundred other buildings, in the chaos of the following days.
>>
>>370319
Fantastic. Have those men flown back in secret and have them relocated to some mansion in the alps until we need them again.
>>
>>370319
Wonderful.
Blitzkrieg to Rome!
>>
>>370332
Yeah. About that... They should probably escape by boat or car.
A plane to Vaduz or Munich is way too suspicious. Unless we fly to Switzerland perhaps then foot it to Germany
>>
>>370332
>>370358
The agents disappear in the chaos, and manage to link up with two of their compatriots. They then proceed to escape to Ostia, and capture a rowboat, rowing it two miles out to sea. There they are fetched by a U-boat, which takes them back to Trieste to be flown to an unknown alpine mansion. Meanwhile, since the Italians are busy, isn't it time to start an offensive?
>>
BLITZKRIEG ZEIT!
>>
>>370377
Of course. While chaos reigns, push on all fronts.
>>
Boot.png
166KB, 958x1095px
>>370405
>>370443
While the Italians are weak, you strike, pushing the Italians back on all fronts. Although Liguria still holds for the time being, Most of the Po valley is captured, with important towns such as Cremona and Ferrara, Duce Balbo's home town, being captured and the cities of Cremona and Mantua encircled. The Italians find themselves on the back foot (or back boot, rather) yet again.
>>
>>370462
I want to shift focus to the islands in the east. Do we have enough boats to launch an assault?
>>
>>370473
A small one, yes. You could move two divisions there in a week.
>>
>>370500
Do we have an estimate on the force on those islands?
>>
>>370520
There is one infantry division and one garrison division in the area in and around the islands..
>>
>>370525
Alright launch the attack with help from the air force.
>>
>>370462
Head towards Pisa.
>>
Boot.png
166KB, 958x1095px
>>370546
>>370551
With the Po valley being cleared up, two new objectives are set up. one is a breakthruogh in the Ligurian passes, opening up the road to Pisa through La Spezia, and the other, operation Fall Blau, is a plan intended to use the army, navy and air force to take the Dalmatian islands and capture the cities of Zadar and Sibenik.

I´ll be taking a 1 hr break for dinner
>>
>>370583
Continue in the islands and break through the pass. How is our research and economy doing?
>>
>>370583
Take the area around San Marino
>>
Boot.png
166KB, 958x1095px
>>370769
>>370786
You continue your conquest of northern Italy, and make landfall east of Zadar in the Balkans. The Italian war office has been rebuilt and moved to Florence, nominally in order to better oversee the front, but really to avoid having it consumed by the infighting currently happening within the Fascist Party. San Marino, along with Rimini, is completely surrounded, making all cities north of the Appenines occupied or surrounded by Germany.
>>
>>370844
Finish up the Balkans and demand the Italian surrender. If they don't, push on to Rome.
>>
>>370844
Clear up those coastal pockets and inner pockets. Give San Marino a coastline as well to be friendly. As for advancing, try to even out out current level of occupation.
>>
Boot.png
165KB, 958x1095px
>>370859
>>370890
You finish up the pockets, and begin moving into Tuscany for a push on Rome. The city of Zadar is fortified and has two fully equipped divisions defending it, meaning they could go on for quite some time. At least a dozen divisions have been deployed by the fascists near Pisa, blocking the narrow coastal passage completely.
>>
>>370917
We can just starve them out. Continue to Rome but demand its surrender or face destruction
>>
>>370917
This >>370940. Also cede Zadar to Yugoslavia.
>>
>>370917
be back soon
>>
Boot.png
165KB, 958x1095px
>>370940
>>370950
You continue to siege Zara, which shows no sign of surrendering. You demand surrender from Rome, but receive no reply. Genoa, however, is more than willing to accept the terms, if you let them. You begin an advance on Pisa, surrounding it and taking much of the surrounding countryside. After interwieving captured soldiers you find out that the Italian army doesn´t produce enough equipment to supply the divisions they already have, forcing many to fight with WW1 weapons, and that Abruzzo and Grosseto are now filled with workers making outdated makeshift weapons.
>>
>>371054

Continue siege of Zara but tell the city that we are opening up a major road for civilians to evacuate the city before the fighting.

This will win brownie international points and allow us to deplete part of the enemy strength as some will desert. Of course, we confiscate any long arms that the 'refugees' might be carrying.
>>
>>371054
Continue seizing Sara and seize abbruzo and grosetto. Accept the Genoa surrender.
>>
Boot.png
165KB, 958x1095px
>>371087
>>371128
You begin fighting in Zara, allowing civilians to evacuate first. Noticeably more men than women leave the city, and within a few days the city falls.
You allow Genoa to surrender, and surround Abruzzo and Grosseto. The Abruzzo suburbs quickly fall, and only the the old medieval town and the surrounding streets are yet to be captured. On the vineyards of Tuscany, the 3rd armored division and the 1st engineer battalion of the 13th infantry division meet up, creating a singular front in Tuscany.
>>
>>371168
Let's close up that pocket. Also I want the divisionsnfrpm the Balkans to.come back. After that pocket closes, I want literally all we have to head to Rome.
>>
File: Boot.png (164KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Boot.png
164KB, 958x1095px
>>371223
You begin closing up that pocket as 3 motorized divisions arrive from the Balkans. Gathering your strength in Tuscany, you begin a march on Rome. The war is about to come to an end.

That is it for today.
>>
>>371296
Great! Put forces to guard the borders then take all of the others to Rome. from there keep encircling Italy and do a landing on Sardinia.
>>
>>371296

Offer once last chance for the encircled forces to surrender. They should know their Duce is dead and that there is no point selling their lives for a dead man, their families will want them to come home.

Same conditions for the other cities as we've offered before. Allow civilians to evacuate and turn off the water supply.
>>
>>371296

Checking in on other things, there are still French troops stationed in the Rhine ever since the start of this war right? Did they engage any Nazi forces? And what are they doing now in that region. Have we received any complaints or reports on their behaviour?

I'm considering several possible actions that we might pursue to reduce tensions between us and france upon the completion of this war. Public thanks to the french government and perhaps singling out of suitable french troops who saw action for german awards.

Also, how is the greece theatre performing. With the infighting, the supply situation for the expeditionary force should be even muddier and the Regia Marina might not be acting in sync with the troops.
>>
>>372382
They did engage but won't leave.
>>
Boot.png
164KB, 958x1095px
>>371611
>>371741
You offer all forces encircled by the German army an amnesty, allowing then to leave unharmed if they surrender. Some refuse, but in every case almost all the soldiers desert their post immediately, leaving only their officers and a few hundred men to guard the posts. As your army advances on Rome, they land in trouble when they meet up with a Roman army, 25 divisions strong, waiving high the white flag of surrender. Balbo has apparently been murdered, the Fascist part tearing itself apart as Rome falls into anarchy. Italy, as we know it, is gone.
>>
>>373118
Take any weapons or military arms they might have and send them in the back lines in Italy. Have them repopulate towns so they can start to farm again and go back to a normal life, What kinds of war loots do we have now? Also keep pushing to rome. The Italians in Greece have been defeated, right?
>>
File: grease.png (328KB, 1111x972px) Image search: [Google]
grease.png
328KB, 1111x972px
>>373172
The Greeks have successfully launched operation Prometheus, and have captured most of Thessaly. The sheer amount of men in the front (ca. 350k men, it is believed) prevent them from simply rolling over them, but the lack of organized supply routes and replacement weapons has significantly reduced their capacity to wage war.
As for loot, you have a few hundred Italian tanks, mostly Carro Veloce models but some French tanks as well. The guns are outdated by German and allied standards, and there are a few dozen artillery pieces captured, along with a hundred or so trucks.
>>
>>373248
Use the trucks and artillery. Keep the tanks in storage and maybe we can use them later or something. Are there any Italian naval bases with ships still there?
>>
Boot.png
164KB, 958x1095px
>>373329
Corfu, Prevesa, Patras and Chania are still in the hands of the Regia Marina nad have ships docked, yes. It´s not like you need more equipment though, Italy is pretty much gone.
>>
>>373370
Just wanted to see what happened to their army. Lets continue to march on Rome.
>>
Boot.png
164KB, 958x1095px
>>373417
You enter Rome, and swiftly bring the patchwork of militias and gangs to heel. It seems that the fascist government has been deposed, with no clear successor for it. The rest of Italy now operates through local councils and the Regia Marina, which has occupied the main ports to ensure it gets supplied.
Italy is at your mercy.
>>
>>373515
Demand the surrender of the entire continent to ensure their and their peoples safety. Work to fix the damage that we caused and ask for a vote to join Austria to our country. Fix the results if we have to.
>>
>>373558
Not continent. Country.
>>
>>373515
Continue to push through the Italian peninsula, restoring order and returning surrendered troops home.

Now comes the stage of the war for great discussion and discourse; the peace table.

I am of the opinion that we should take as much as we can, leaving only lands in Italy proper to the Italians. Taking their islands, colonies and the northern areas of their country.

I would also suggest we vassalise them if possible, allowing for democratic government under us.
>>
File: Boot.png (163KB, 958x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Boot.png
163KB, 958x1095px
>>373558
>>373724
Wit the exception of a few holdouts of the Regia Marina, the entirety of Italy has surrendered. The colonial authorities of Ltbia, Eritrea and the Somaliland have surrendered as well. A crack team of local governors, officers and lawyers has been created to oversee a peace treaty between the Kingdom of Germany and the Italian empire. What are your demands?
>>
>>373810
Friuligiulia,veneto,Trieste, Lombardy, Liguria, Aosta valley, and any colonies are now ours. You will not have to pay any reperations and we will let you decide how to control your new country. Your prisoners will be released for our prisoners and we can extend our autobahn to you.
>>
>>373810
Basically, everything >>373843 said plus some, light, war reparations and any other non-Italian peninsula lands as of yet unmentioned.
>>
>>373853
No reparations. We were put through that same hell and didn't pay it at all lol.
>>
>>373859
That is why I said light reparations but I am entirely willing to drop that point.
>>
So in real life, Turkey is experiencing a coup.
>>
>>373956
Lets hope it happens in our world Turkey too.
>>
>>373972
It is a shame that a democratic government is potentially about to disappear but that would be perfect honestly as we'd gain a huge land area and a closer border with one of our major allies.
>>
File: Europe.png (114KB, 1594x1194px) Image search: [Google]
Europe.png
114KB, 1594x1194px
>>373843
>>373853
You decide to go the HRE route and annex large swathes of northern Italy, along with the overseas territories of Zadar, the Dodecanese, Libya, and East Africa. The Allied nations protest, claiming Italy's territorial integrity is being violated by the annexation of Lombardy. On the other side, some think it is not enough, believing you should annex Austria, the Po valley and Tuscany, restoring the borders of the Holy Roman Empire of old.
>>
>>374154
Call a vote to have Austria join the country, and tell France to get out of our land now.
>>
>>374154
Tell the allies to mind their own business in regards to "Territorial integrity" unless they want to return all the land taken from Germany after WW 1.

Point out that if they want to complain about us taking the spoils of our war that they have quite a bit of land taken through war they should by the same logic return.

Lastly point out that we didn't take every scrap of Italian land, that we are being reasonable and that they shouldn't get involved in the war once it is over, considering we gave them the chance to earlier on.

Also this >>374161.
>>
>>374161
So much this/
>>
>>374161
You call for a vote for the unification of Germany and Austria, but the Austrians say that they just want to be friends.
>>374176
You insult the allies back, claiming that they should care about German territorial integrity if they care so much.

Still, there is work to be done. The Greeks demand the return of the Dodecanese, and the Yugoslavs want to hold a meeting to redefine the borders between the two nations. lastly, there is the question of the Italian rump state. Will you annex more of it, puppet it or create a new, democratic nation?
>>
>>374239
I'd suggest we annex it but let it run itself more or less with German observers, making them obey our laws in most regards though should be enforced.

As to the greeks they fought alongside us and should be rewarded but I leave that to the other players to decide.

In regards to the Yugoslavians, set up the needed meetings.

All in favour say I.
>>
>>374262

Austria must into Germany!

Yeah Greeks helped us out give them their shit.

Meeting Yugoslavians sounds alright.

Maybe we should annex just a bit more of Italy to get those nice HRE borders.
>>
>>374239
>>374262
Missed the line in regards to Austria, I would like us to ask them to trust their people to make the decision for them. They are a democracy? Then the people should choose.
>>
File: Stimmzettel-Anschluss.jpg (47KB, 644x472px) Image search: [Google]
Stimmzettel-Anschluss.jpg
47KB, 644x472px
>>374262
>>374281
You decide to annex all of the old Holy Roman territories, and hold a referendum on Austria's German membership. Now the main question is if you want to hold a regular ballot or if you want it to be more like pic related.
>>
>>374332
Regular ballot, if they choose not to join that is their choice. We can have another referendum in 10 years or whatever if we so wish.
>>
>>374332
Regular ballots, can always try again later
>>
File: Europe.png (113KB, 1594x1194px) Image search: [Google]
Europe.png
113KB, 1594x1194px
>>374349
>>374415
Wow, I can't believe that worked!
Anyway, Austria is now part of the Kingdom of Germany. The Yugoslavians have had their meeting and suggest that the cyan areas be returned to Yugoslavia, after being unjustly stolen by Italy. They would be very grateful if you accepted.
>>
>>374455
Can we have a good view of the colonies we took?
>>
>>374455
Tell Yugoslavia that if they break from their alliance with Poland and such, they can have the territory.
>>
>>374470
This, point out we aren't going to strengthen our enemies, though we don't really consider them one.

Perhaps ask if they would be willing to compensate us.
>>
>>374470
>>374500

These sounds like good ideas.
>>
>>374455

With regards to the greek rewards, i would suggest passing part of the regia marina ships to greece. It should be mostly intact and too large a navy may be problematic to us if another war comes out. Perhaps 20% of their ships. Greece, with its large coastline, would definitely appreciate more naval vessels.

Post war, engineer divisions should be involved in all the countries that were engage, helping to rebuild infrastructure, including hungary and italy.

>>374470

This is good.
>>
>>374514
I'd argue that we should work on further unification with our allies, standardising and connecting our infrastructure would help with that.

In my opinion we should also befriend the new Italian nation. Partly because I feel sorry for them and also to prevent their border with us ever being used by the allies.
>>
>>374514
I could see giving a military base/ island to Greece as payment for helping us.
>>
>>374537
We gave them some land already, at their request. The ships are mostly because we lack the stuff to maintain them and the crews to use them, unlike the Greeks who have a stronger naval history and a larger navy to begin with.
>>
>>374528

If you want to befriend the nations, you'd need to help rebuild after the war. We've taking large swaths of their territory. If we don't aid in their reconstruction, or help engage in any aid actions, we are basically going to see an italian continuation war.
>>
>>374546
That would allow us to take more land from them or even take control of them stating they were too great a threat to our nation.

However that is not my goal and I do wish to help them.
>>
>>374550

Then we really need to help them rebuild their country and try to get the common folk on our side. That germans aren't so bad. Hearts and Minds campaign now that the war is over.

Also, we should ask for the nazi criminals to be handed over to us for trial for inciting this war.
>>
What the fuck? I was gone for one day! Lets seriously just take some of North Italy, Italy's overseas lands, and leave Venetia and South Tyrol as a border. No need for uberreich.

On the otherhand... War with France when?
>>
>>374614
After Poland probably. Or maybe before. I want the Atom bomb first.
>>
>>374614
10 years from now, we have some projects to finish before then.

Lets just say that south america isn't anywhere near unified enough in my opinion.
>>
>>374614
Prefer it not to be so soon, if we do engage in a war. Our people have just come out of one and do not need another one now.

Also, I am actually in favour of reduced tension between the nations, not pounding france flat.
>>
>>374676
That is for the best.

I am of the opinion we should perform the following projects;

1) Creating more modern weapons like the J.A.R for us and our allies, perhaps a tank or a machine gun next?

2) Expanding the Autobahn network to all of our allies and assisting them in modernising their armed forces, industry, etc.

3) Expanding and motorising our armed forces along with rebuilding our navy.

4) Developing better international relations.
>>
We need to get the atom bomb before invading, but why not Poland? Also let's make the border the po river but then it goes back up to meet Switzerlandeast of Milan. We do't want to slice ip Italy as bad as we were in WW1, that would be horrible and unjust.

[but let's try to Annex Switzerland, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands./spoiler]
>>
>>374702

Machine gun would probably work better. We've seen the effects a combined cartridge work for the war effort. A joint machine gun cartridge should be easy enough and a large enough increase in size and complexity to pave the war for more joint projects.
>>
>>374702
We already did 4 to an extent, but all of these sound good.
>>
>>374724
I would suggest developing one or two light machine guns;

1) The "Joint Alliance Machine-Gun" or J..A.M-G, a re-chambered (in a German rifle round) redesign of the B.A.R that feeds from a belt rather than a magazine. Lightened and designed to be used as a support weapon by assaulting infantry or mounted on light vehicles.

I would also suggest developing an alternate model to be mounted elsewhere, focusing less on mobility and more so on actual firing performance.

We might also want to consider developing some other weapons;

1) A standard mortar or light cannon for us and our allies. Named the "Joint Alliance (Gun / Mortar) - Light" or J.A.(G / M) - L.

I had longer acronyms and other ideas but the names were like six letters long...
>>
>>374805
After the new tank, we can switch the focus to another gun. Or a new plane. We need a new one.
>>
>>374805

J.E.A.G.E.R.

Joint European Artillery Gun, Extended Range.

Then again this is a German acronym. With English. Pfft.
>>
>>374811
If we are making a APC I have a nice acronym for it, the "Joint Alliance Primary Armoured Transport" or J.A.P.A.T.

As to a acronym for a tank "Joint Alliance Primary Mobile Assault-Gun" or J.A.P.M.A-G
>>
>>374843
These acronyms are pretty good. Can you think up a vehicle that will work good in China?
>>
>>374847
What do you have in mind with china

We should leave them to rot and let them shoot each other until china comes down and they come begging.
>>
>>374857
>until china comes down

Until Japan comes down. Bleh.
>>
>>374857
They really fucked us over. I haven't forgotten what they did to us. If we have to drop hundreds of atomic bombs on them, so be it.
>>
>>374847
Depends do you mean to sell or to use against them?

"Joint Alliance General Combat Vehicle" or J.A.G.C.V.

Basically take a truck, replace the wheels with tracks, armour it, mount two of our machine guns on it in a high axis turret (allowing it to perform AA support). Offer alternate versions with a AT gun, mortars, medical facilities and a cargo transport version.

The vehicle would need to be able to deal with the civil resistance, ambushes, vast distances, lack of good roads and infrastructure present in china while also being able to resist the German-made weapons in the hands of the Chinese.

Thus it must be tracked for mobility, armoured to some level, fuel-efficient to remain in supply and able to take advantage of any breaches in enemy lines, rushing ahead of the supply train behind them.

Therefore it must be fast, however we can't sacrifice any amount of reliability as that will make them too expensive to be commonly used.

Also another good idea would be to buy a motorcycle company and create a "cavalry" / scouting division mounted on them. They would also have use for if we want to maintain radio silence, travelling between command posts.
>>
>>374895
It wouldn't move fast, but it could be appropriate for China's terrain. Also I will be creating a motorized recon division.
>>
>>374922
An additional possibility in regards to an invasion of china would be developing better cargo transporting planes. As we can easily produce some runways across china but we can't easily make bridges across rivers and roads through mountains.

If we can make a spruce goose equivalent then we will be well equipped to perform aerial landings of troops and supplies. Failing that we just attach two gliders full of troops and equipment to each and release them behind enemy lines like the allies did on D-day.
>>
>>374895

Well its not like we'll be sending them more weapons. And it'll be a while before we even start anything so by then we should have a good technological advantage.

What casus belli should we use. Restore the monarchy?
>>
>>374949
Well you seem to have some good ideas. I can put you in charge of planning for whatever we are going to do. As long as it doesn't destroy our economy.
>>
>>374966
Give me a goal and I'll give you a answer as to if, and how, it can be done.
>>
>>374986
I want to get the coast of China. I don't care about the mainland. I just want the major population centers where the manufacturing is. I need you to chart our landing points and how we can do it.
>>
>>375013

Holding and administering those will be an utter pain in the ass. We dont even have enough ships to form a Far East Squadron. It's realistically not a goal for at least a good number of years.
>>
>>375045
Of course it isn't. But I do want planning for when we do eventually do it. I had a plan of replacing all the Chinese with Germans and our allies.
>>
>>375051
genocide? Not sure if want chinese holocaust, no matter how much i hate them in rl.
>>
>>375055
Nah. More like mass deportation. Literally put them on trucks or march them out of our territory. I know the Nazis tried it, but they were in a world war.
>>
>>375013
Well in regards to that I am afraid we are quite screwed.

First off, we can't do massive conquests so long as the allies continue to breathe down our necks. They are a major threat and we all know that fact. We must at any point in time leave enough of our forces to defend ourselves that it weakens the size of the force we can send.

Secondly, China has generally been holding stronger than they did in real life thanks to the gear we supplied. They might no longer have it but considering how much better what we gave them was by comparison to their gear it will have acted as a great force equaliser for an extended period. Therefore we can expect;

1) They have more troops than historically accurate at this point.

2) They have more land, more manufacturing and money than historically accurate at this point.

3) They will have fortified the points on the coast they recovered from Japan. Making them a bad place to perform a landing. Limiting where we can deploy to effectively, unless you want to run a D-day-lite gauntlet of death.

Thirdly, we lack anything to base out of in the area making any sort of landing a difficult and expensive thing. Even more so since a large portion of our navy was destroyed in the war against Italy.

Fourth we would need to convince the people to support such an action which would be quite troublesome but not impossible. This could be done by pointing how they backed out on a deal with us.

Fifth, assuming we have landed in china and assuming we do actually capture anything. We will see massive civil resistance, even more so if there is a strong independent china nearby to support it.

I could continue but I'll just provide a list of reasons why this would fail;

1) Lack of troops, the Chinese outnumber us hugely and would certainly receive support from our enemies.

2) Lack of basing areas for the attack, makes it obvious we are up to something and also costly to perform.

3) Lack of navy to transport and protect our troops as they land. Made even worse by the distance to cover to get there. It will be costly to rebuild.

4) A lack of knowledge of the landing sites beyond what we can gather from geographic knowledge and such. We need spies on the ground for anything concrete and useful.

5) Assuming we do land and hold out, then the captured people will fight us constantly.

6) We would need to convince the German people. Again, not impossible but improbable.

7) What about if the Italians take a crack at independence while we are away? Funded by the allies or such.

There are other reasons but I must insist that we don't pursue this course of action for now. At least until we solve some of these problems.

If we are looking for conquests there are nations we could take down far easier and receive about equal rewards from.
>>
>>375060

Not sure how the international community will stand for it. Our allies may have massive misgivings as well.

How about waiting till they get attacked by china and they come begging for aid, we only do so if they bring back the contract they tore up and much more.
>>
>>375066
It's more like the fact that they really screwed us over. War might have been a little bit much. I can see that. What if we just fuck with them. Sink their trade ships or block their ports until they pay us? I guess what they say about china being unconquerable is kinda true.
>>
Get Atom bombs. Nuke them. Done.
>>
>>375087
Well Einstein is just dicking around.
>>
>>375083

We don't need to engage in open hostilities like that. Just ignore them, apply pressure on allies and our sphere of influence to not trade or do weapon shipments to china.

Basically, show the world that china tore up a perfectly legit arms contract after it took delivery of all the weapons.

Theres not a manufacturer in the world that will sell them without payment in advance after that. That'll drain their resources and make life rather difficult for them.

Cut them off economically. Then when they need help, charge a steep sum.
>>
>>375087
We lack an effective delivery method, however I have been wanting to do space shit for some time now.

Lets see if we can't get Einstein on that eh, with his mad super-science it'll be easy. Even more so with some of the other scientist we have access to.

Can you say secret German moon base? Cause I can!
>>
>>375096
Good luck with that. Einstein hasn't made any progress yet.
>>375094
Hmmm. That could kinda work but I know I am gonna drop the A-bomb on Beijing.
>>
>>374455
What the fuck. I go away for one day and you guys go and annex Northern Italy. I thought the whole goal was to just have German areas, not go full on empire. If France and co. don't do something about this, then this is retarded and extremely unrealistic (not like the scenario was already unrealistic).
>>
>>375523
It's not like Italy can really do anything. They were completely crushed.
>>
File: .png (32KB, 482x504px) Image search: [Google]
.png
32KB, 482x504px
>>375523
I second this. to an extent. This is one of the most fun threads on /qst/, with one of the most prominent OPs on here, but you guys annexing northern Italy is outrageous. If any country was to see this, colonization of a European nation by another, it would instantly start a way. I'm not surprised if OP has plans tomorrow to make it a twist. seriously.
Yes we should get to the Med, but with areas with a large German population or have been ruled by a German population. Not take all of fucking North Italy to Rome.
>>
So I did some further research into a possible invasion of China. Here is what I could work out;

1) China had a population of 500-ish million at 1950 which is the earliest number I can find, from this we can estimate a smaller but still significant population.

2) Thanks to the risk of tropical storms and typhoons, if we want to deploy troops by sea we should do so in April through June to minimise risk.

3) In regards to terrain, China is a very mountainous nation and crossed by many rivers making any sort of invasion difficult.

Here are the links to the information;

1) https://djcadchina.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/china-population-timeline-graph-small.jpg

2) http://icons.wxug.com/hurricane/chrisburt/months.jpg

3) http://www.china-mike.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/physical-map-china-elevation.gif
http://www.chinavacations.biz/chinamaps/images/chinamap.gif

I've gathered this even though I disagree about the viability of such a war.
>>
>>376114
I've decided against it, but I probably want to drop the A-bomb on Beijing.
>>
>>375576
Now we have italian nationalism problems in the annexed area.
We also delivered the entete poweres a reason for further distrusting us on a silver plate.
That means Japan will do jackshit to help against china.
Rebuilding our fleet? Well the brits now have every reason to oppose this.
In germany you can expect massive opposition regarding further wars now. As you did the same shit that brought them ww1 but worse.
The free part of Italy will join the Entete and will fund every crackpot in the conquered north they can find.

Guys you fucked us up with your 17. century thinking.

>>376114
>>375066
China is a lost cause, thanks to our retarded actions in the italian capitulation.
>>
>>376337
Then everyone will embargo us and/or invade.

Germany is not the US with it's secure Island location, and a shitload of vassal states to break any embargo.
>>
>>376344
>>376348
You are making assumptions as to the nature of the international political situation and the opinions of other nations about the outcome of the German-Italian war.

In my next post I shall attempt to dissect and disprove your arguments. In this I hope you may find logic.
>>
>>376368
First off, you expect the Italians to be problematic in the areas we took over. Although possible I would point out there is still a independent Italian nation if they hold such feelings they will, mostly, head there. The rest of them can be pacified by two facts; one they now have political representation and aren't under a fascist dictator who hurts his own people for his twisted wants and two, they will experience better quality of life under our administration.

Next there is you argument about the entente powers gaining further reason to distrust us. They didn't trust us before now and this changes nothing. They still fear another great war and won't actively force anything.

Third, I fail to understand your talk of Japan. If you could provide greater detail I will endeavour to answer.

Fourth there is your argument about us being unable to rebuild our navy, I would point out before this war we were expanding it without allied complaint and logically shall continue to do so. Especially since we are not under the treatise that ended the first world war.

In regards to the German peoples opinion of further war, you can't state with any certainty more than I can that they won't follow our orders for another war. They still have the spirit of imperialism in them and we suffered little losses in this war which will help to convince them to fight yet again.

Lastly there is your illogical argument about the free Italian state joining the allies. First major reason why this won't happen is because we plan on helping them rebuild from this war and assisting their, now thanks to us, democratic government.

Secondly even if they did join the allied powers they bring very little to the table, most of their productive capacities were in the land we took. Not to mention the fact that their navy has been given to the Greeks and their ex-soldiers will speak of their defeat at the hands of our troops and allies.

I'll skip your argument about china as I agree, it is a lost cause but I performed that research at the request of another anon.

Lastly you argue that everyone will embargo or invade us. Assuming we have nukes we won't deploy them when we have one but rather once we have developed a significant stockpile to use in retaliation. Even assuming it was our only nuke, we would only need to hold out until more were made before dropping them onto enemy troops. This is before even mentioning our army actually being competent or the allies still expect a fight like the last great war.

As to the matter of being embargoed by other nations, I would point out we have chosen to develop our allies in such a way as to not be threatened by the loss of trade with our enemies, not that there is much with them to begin with.
>>
>>376410
These are really great points. Keep it up. I really liked the fact that you brought up the fact that we mainly trade with our allies and no one else so embargoes won't really do anything. With our Baltic friends and new empire, we are powerful.
>>
>>376467
I am used to having to argue my plans and planning in great detail is something I do naturally.

Only reason I have done nothing in real life is because I have very little willpower.
>>
>>376482
Ah. That's usually the problem for most people.
>>
>>376489
I blame this site and its great content.
>>
>>376489
Do you want to discuss plans for any more "Joint Alliance..." projects.
>>
>>376606
Well I think we should think about an All-terrain vehicle that we could use in all theaters of war
>>
>>376643
So you want to make a Jeep equivalent? Or do you mean something like a Bradley APC

The appropriate abbreviation for such a thing would be the "Joint Alliance Reconnaissance Vehicle" J.A.R.V or something similar.

The utility of such a light transport can't be denied since it not only allows for greater mobility in bad terrain, where heavier craft get stuck but also by being cheaper to produce.

As to if it were an APC, we already discussed such a vehicle for china deployment but it would work in Africa or Europe also.
>>
>>376676
I say build a Hummer like vehicle, along with an APC.
>>
>>376710
Eh, we will have to see what enemies we face when OP returns before I'll suggest committing to any major projects.
>>
>>376721
Okay, bit we should still redraw the Italian border to be less extreme. See my Jpg.
>>
>>376810
I am afraid I can't see any image attached to your post.
>>
>>376721
A willy type of jeep could be nice. Hitler's problem was that his vehicles were expensive to make and used a lot of materials. Willy jeeps were light and cheap.
>>
>>377471
Hitlers vehicles were also unreliable and generally followed the false "bigger is better" idea.

The only good one I can think of is the Stug assault gun. Which is purely because it was never really brought to the field of battle as the "ultimate" weapon Hitler craved.

As to additional uses of such a light vehicle, they are useable like horses in many regards. Towing cannons, moving supplies, acting as a fast strike force and so much more!

We should also consider the possibility of non-ethical warfare; Biological, chemical and other such weapons.
>>
>>376991
No see>>375847
>>
>>378017
Let's also give Libya independence to start independence Revolutions in Africa. Tear apart the Imperials' overseas holdings.
>>
>>378044
That is pointless, the british and french expect colonial revolts and won't really be effected by them.

This is before even mentioning that they'd just keep the Africans from hearing about it. Or the fact they lack significant national spirit. It is better used for it's resources and people under our control.
>>
>>378076
Okay whatever floats your boat. Maybe we should rig elections in Luxembourg to get a new province? We should definitely make the French leave the Rhine and Saarland
>>
>>378076
Well if we did want to do stuff in Africa, it will be a lot easier now that we have holdings in Africa.
>>378111
Yeah, we got to finally get the french the fuck out of our German clay.
>>
Here is a project that we could undertake;

Industrialising our colonies. Making factories, mines, railroads and all that goods shit in Africa and elsewhere. Maximising their output and raising their quality of life.
>>
>>378201
Well we need to prove we are better than the previous owners. I mean build houses, provide jobs and roads and infrastructure.
>>
>>378321
lighter taxation and greater respect of their culture would also work. Bread and circuses works best when it is your bread and your celebration rather than your rulers.
>>
>>378385
Should we have their local leaders be the "governors" but we hold all the real power? Also maybe institute a cultural holiday for them. I think it would be cool to create a division from the colonies trained in Guerrilla fighting. Like a Gurkha.
>>
>>378407
You won't get the same results as the Brits do with the Gurkha's though, for many reasons like the fact they take a tiny portion of those willing or the people's martial history and pride.

As to the Local governors, we can take a page out of the book of Rhodesia and have each tribe send a representative to discuss laws and problems with us. The system works pretty well but requires they still have tribal identities.
>>
>>378568
Well I know the colonial powers created the problem of forcing multiple tribes together. What if we just gave each tribe some land and didn't force them to live with each other. Also I am not expecting like a whole army, but a few units of expert hunting units we can use and see how well they act.
>>
>>378568
Why do we need to have Gurkhas? We should just get regular elite soldiers. It will be cost efficient.
>>
>>378599
That is entirely possible, I am reminded of the native Americans in service with the US armed forces being a strong force during WW 2.

>>380879
I can understand wanting regular elites but what the other anon seemingly wants is an elite force of scouts and such.

Personally, I feel we should have a small, strong army. Focusing on quality over quantity but having the majority of people being able to be called up for service.
>>
>>380879
Also I'm wondering about the next election cycle. When will it take place?
>>
>>380891
I think we should have a medium sized military. If it's too small, it will be useless. We're not to the age of robotics. Maybe we should make full body suits for our soldiers? Kind of like Storm troopers? But make them good shots.
>>
>>380967
I am advising a small peace time military backed by much of the populous being reservists, perhaps even having all men go through a years conscription at 20-21. It keeps costs down and allows us to throw money at Rn'D.

As to the concept of full-body armour, that is entirely possible. Personally I'd suggest that they should have gas-masks attached to their helmets just in case we want to use chemical weapons.

It might also be advisable to try to provide them with armour but unless they are motorised they will suffer huge mobility problems.

We should also consider the possibility of developing certain technologies for our elites; limited night-vision, combat drugs and other such things that would be expensive to provide to our entire army.
>>
File: image.jpg (286KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286KB, 800x1200px
>>381004
Gas masks sound good. As for mobility issues, try to make it more open at. The joints and make it lighter weight.

Night vision should be a high priority, as well as an NSA/CIA style secret service.

We can use the NVG to our advantage in recon missions and subversive missions
>>
>>381004
This is like 40 or 50 years away.
>>
>>381283
Actuallyyyyyy... The Nazis did create night vision in WW2.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielgerät_1229
>>
>>381304
No I mean full mech armor.
>>
>>381411
We never mentioned Pacific Rim style shit. We meant full body armor like the stormtroopers or Combine from half life
>>
>>381635
Of course, but good Kevlar will be decades away even for superior German technology. Maybe we can make a breakthrough through a good roll of the dice.
>>
>>381666
We don't really need Kevlar so long as we only give it to motorised divisions and exclude armouring their arms and legs beyond the bare minimum. So long as the vital areas are covered it will be effective and useful, both for moral and for combat.

As to night-vision being a tech that will not occur effectively until later. I stated only Limited night-vision, not enough to "see" in the dark but something that acts as a significant improvement over the plain human eye.

Another thing we should try to achieve would be silencers for our elites and other such situational gear.
>>
>>381666
Let's try to form a bulletproof ceramic since steel is too heavy.
>>
>>381725
>>381719
I think if we put ceramic plates as shinguards or chest plates or even helmets, it could be effective. We could use the night vision for our bombers so they could go at night and destroy specific targets. That is if OP comes back.
>>
>>381738
OP may have died because people started to complain. I hope not but still, we will have to wait and see.
>>
>>381752
I fucking hope not. This is my favorite quest.
>>
>>381738
If not (as in OP isn't back in 2 days) I will OP.
>>
>>382111
Maybe the OP legitimately dies in a car accident or something.
>>
>>383738
This turned morbid fast.
I'm assuming he's just busy, underage and got grounded, or just got tired of hosting for a month and a half.
>>
>>383845
Well I would have liked a nice wrap up, but it was real fun all these times.
>>
>>383883
I'm gonna OP or I will try to ask my friend to do it.
Either way I won't let this bread die.

Unless someone who doesn't have a party such as the Iron Patriot can OP.
>>
>>383845
Really sorry f a m, I got banned from all boards for 72 hours for posting s picture of a man vaping on /int/. It really sucks since I'm leaving for a family reunion first thing in the morning, and will be gone for the next three days.
>>
>>385192
HORY SHIT
OP is alive!
It's okay, we will wait until then. We promise. At least I do.
>>
>>385192
Lol. It's fine man. Make a new thread if you want when you get back
>>
File: Le vape man.jpg (28KB, 543x533px) Image search: [Google]
Le vape man.jpg
28KB, 543x533px
>>385209
Thank you

>Inb4 I get banned for posting the picture again
>>
>>385212
What was the thread about
>>
>>385212
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>385216
Canada
>>
>>385231
Eh?
>>
>>385231
Do you want us to make a generic talk thread and keep it bumped while you are off? Only for you to return later on?
>>
>>385262
He's gonna be gone for three days so he is just gonna make another thread
>>
>>385265
Okay. Wanna dick off by making this a short risk thread?
>>
>>385273
Sure. We have a little bit before it 404's
>>
>>385300
We have a good day and a half but I'm on my phone at the moment. Otherwise maybe I can start it up in ~2 hours.
>>
>>385337
I gotta run to the store so I should be back in like three hours.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 250x205px
>>385350
Allrighty then
>>
File: Krieg Risk.png (36KB, 421x306px) Image search: [Google]
Krieg Risk.png
36KB, 421x306px
>>385370
Here's a map. Give me a capitol and some basic territory guidelines.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.