[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Necromancy QUest VIII: The QM is a hack edition!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: MNQ8.png (145KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
MNQ8.png
145KB, 1000x700px
You put your hand to your chin, rubbing it while you and Liana both consider your options. Maybe go to the theater and let her relax? Nah, that seems a little impersonal. Maybe go to your place and just hang out? Nah, that seems a little far in the other direction. Going back to her apartment will mean fielding uncomfortable questions from her sister. There's gotta be something else you two can do... After a minute, something dawns on you. "I have a place we can go to," you say to Liana, who takes her eyes off the clouds to look at you. The idea is risky, but it'll be worth it to bolster her mood if you manage to not scare her in the process. "A friend showed me this really nice clearing near the center of the forest. It's far enough away that there's almost no chance of anyone finding it if they aren't out there to find that exact place, it seems that nobody comes out there for anything as it is, and while I was there I didn't hear any sounds from town. If you'd like, I can take you there and you can meet my friend, or you could use the place to clear your head if you need."

>roll 1d20
-------
Welcome back to Modern Necromancy Quest! Your name is Michael Remic and you are a track star and aspiring profaner of the dead!
In the last thread, you drove LIANA (the SEER you met at freshman orientation) to the OLD CEMETARY to look at JACOB'S GRAVE, were told by her that the cemetary's caretaker (the WITCH) does not like her or RACHEL (her older sister, and an ENCHANTRESS that you stole from), gave her a TRAUMATIC FLASHBACK, got into an argument with the WITCH and got told to not come back, scared LIANA into running into the WOODS by herself, yelled at SKUNKBRO, searched for and found LIANA, and apologized to her. You and LIANA are currently deciding what to do for two more hours, since RACHEL thinks you two are at the MOVIES.
I apologize for the false start the other day. I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again.
>>
Previous thread: >>314858

Come join the MNQ discord and learn the finer points of defiling the sanctity of death! https://discord.gg/DvpXV
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

I never asked for this.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>357446
Rolling
>>
>>357636
Oh, ok.
>>
>>357446
>>357636
Liana looks at you oddly, not sure what to make of your suggestion. After a long moment of silence however, she sighs and looks back up at the sky. "... I don't know why I'm saying yes to the idea of going into the woods wih a guy that plays with dead bodies, but I guess I'm saying yes to the idea." You both stand up, brushing the pine needles and dirt off. "So how do you expect us to get there? I forgot to put my bicycle in my pocket before we left."

>cruise there with your chevrolegs (45 minute walk)
>try to get there with the truck (10 minute drive, roll 1d20)
>I forgot how far away the clearing was, let's go somewhere else
>other
>>
>>357789
I forgot to mention: it's currently 7:30 P.M.
>>
>>357789
>cruise there with your chevrolegs (45 minute walk)
Walking is good for you, plus it's extra time to cool down after all that.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>357789
>>try to get there with the truck (10 minute drive, roll 1d20)
Time to get hopelessly lost.
>>
>>357789
Ask deer bro for a lift, or have him guide us
>>
>>357920
You need to have one of Buck's bones and wine for that. You currently have Skunkbro's bone, all of Robin's bones, and a little wine to summon Robin with (which could be used to summon Buck once you reach him).
>>
>>357789
Where might i find the rest of this quest, that i might catch up and join at some point?
>>
>>357942
Every thread has a backlink to the top of the previous thread. The 5th thread has pastebins to condensed copies of the first four threads, if you would prefer to just have the story without the player posts.

I'll do up a running dropboxxed .txt log of story posts sometime and start linking it in the OP.
>>
>>357942
Alternatively, you could join our Discord server and have the other players fill you in.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>357845
>>357861
Flipping to decide. Heads, we walk; tails, we drive.
>>
>>357789
>>357861
Whenever you wind up going out to the clearing, you probably won't mind walking (or running) out to it by yourself, but you're not alone right now and somehow you don't think that Liana would be very impressed by a long walk to nowhere. You couldn't see perfectly the other night on your ride out to the clearing, but they were spaced far enough apart for a fairly large elk to maneuver comfortably... "The trees aren't too terribly dense; I could probably drive us there." She raises an eyebrow at you. "Probably? This is sounding like a worse idea with every sentence..." "It's the best idea I have though," You say with a shrug. "If you have anywhere better for us to go to, I'm open for suggestions." After another silent moment, she lets out a defeated sigh. "Alright, let's go I guess..." You walk back to the truck together, where Skunkbro waits for you patiently. Skunkbro doesn't speak as you enter the truck, and seems to back away whenever you look at him.

>apologize
>say nothing
>other
>>
>>358481
>>apologize
Time to make up with based Skunkbro. Bros before hoes.
>>
>>358481
>say nothing
Let's just go all the way with the bad decisions.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>358552
>>358701
Flipping for result. Heads, we apologize; tails, we let him stew.
>>
>>358481
>>358701
The translucent skunk floats quietly in the space behind the seats, not speaking to you. You look at him, feeling bad for raising your voice at him earlier, but not sure if it would be appropriate or not to apologize at the moment. Liana would only be able to hear one side of the conversation, and apologizing in front of someone else like that is pretty awkward already before making one side of the conversation just kinda not exist... You decide you'll just let it wait until later; Liana doesn't need to be alienated right now, and Skunkbro isn't made of glass. You start the truck up and turn it off the road, driving directly into the dense field of trees. They're not so dense that you can't find a way forward, and you manage to get the truck pretty deep into the woods without marking it. Just as the clearing looms into view through the branches, the trees seem to become a lot thicker and much closer together. Unable to find any way to move the truck further forward without damaging it, you shut the truck off. "I got us pretty close," you say as you open your door, "But it looks like we'll have to walk the rest of the way." Liana rolls her eyes and grumbles something to herself as she steps out. As you go to shut the door, the floating form of SKunkbro catches your eye again.

>tell him to wait with the truck
>have him come with
>other
>>
>>358818
>>have him come with
>>
>>358818
>have him come with
>>
>>358841
>>358926
Deciding that it's probably highly unlikely for anyone to come out to a secluded clearing in the exact center of the woods to find a joyride, you wave for Skunkbro to follow you. He floats out of the cab and follows along behind the two of you as you maneuver through the undergrowth to reach the clearing. "A friend of mine showed me this place the other night," you say as the two of you step past the treeline and into the round patch of open ground, noting that you don't see Buck here. He must have waited over at the rock formation. "It should be really useful for me. I didn't bring you out here to just show you this place and ramble, though." You walk out to the middle of the clearing, taking a moment to retrace your steps and remember which direction the little outcropping was. "Alright, stay here for a couple minutes; I'm gonna go bring you a friend to meet!" You urn to run off, but something occurs to you and you stop, turning to Skunkbro, who has been keeping his distance as he followed you. "Can you stay here and keep an eye on Liana for me?"
"I can." He says shortly. "Thank you; come get me if anything happens!" You turn and continue running toward the tiny cave that Buck revealed to you. Skunkbro seemed hesitant to talk to you just now... You figure you can't really blame him, after you blew up at him earlier. You'll have to remember to give him a proper apology later.

>roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

luck
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>359081
>>359075
>moar luck
>>
>>359075
>>359097
Sweet! Buck is right next to the outcropping, just as you were hoping. As you approach the sleeping skeleton, you note that something seems off... Getting closer, you spot it: there's something held in Buck's jaws. It looks like some kind of plant. You pull your backpack off your shoulders as you get in close, looking at the thing that Buck apparently found. It's a plant with hairy leaves and yellow flowers. It looks a lot like one of the herbs you used in he rituals for Robin and Buck, except not dried out. After a couple seconds of puzzling over what it's for, it dawns on you that you could be asking Buck about this right now instead of trying to figure it out alone. Unzipping your backpack, you retrieve the thermos, whispering an apology to Robin and promising to summon her later.

>how do we summon Buck? (write-in!)

That's all for tonight, folks! I will return soon, and with luck we won't have any more unannounced hiatuses!
Be sure to join our Discord and meet your fellow players! https://discord.gg/DvpXV
>>
>>359133
in a thick southern accent
>his names buck and he likes to fuck
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.