[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASoIaF DnD/Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Map-of-the-World.jpg (952KB, 3222x2136px) Image search: [Google]
Map-of-the-World.jpg
952KB, 3222x2136px
A Song of Ice and Fire DnD/RPG/Quest/Whateverthefuck just stop bitching about what I call it already Thread: Beta 2.0 test
Created by JONSNO, Ornstein, and Ash, with special thanks to the other memes that occupy the GoB chat

This game is a text-based, player-driven RPG set in George R R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire Universe. A story is set up by the OP, and is played through by any number of players, with the maximum decided upon by the OP.

>Getting Started

To claim a spot, link a post stating you're doing so to the OP or the latest update. Your next step is to make a character. Follow the following template:

- Name
- Job/Position
- Weapons and equipments (can be anything, but can only provide a total bonus of 5 points)
- House/Faction (You can belong to any house, but if you belong to a major noble house you will have to be either a bastard or just be working for that house as whatever it is you are. No story specific characters; ie. Lords, kings, or any factions OP denies for story purposes from the start)
- Goal/Quest (Leave it blank and I will assume the character is free to do just about anything that is still relevant to the character.)
- Prefered Starting location (This is entirely up to where OP places you to give you a chance to team up with other characters, but if you are more of a loner character, he will have a better idea where to place you if you have a prefered location.)
- Short Description of the characters looks

In addition, you must also roll for initial skill points. A roll of 2-3 gives 5 points, 4-5 gives 10 points, 6-7 gives 15 points, 8-9 gives 20 points, and a 0 gives 25 points. If you roll a 1, you can roll again. If you choose not to roll, you can take 10 points. You can distribute the skill points you rolled for among the stats available.
>>
>>354889
Claim Aenar
>>
>>354899
Name: Aenar Reyne
House: Reyne
Equipment: Steel plate armour, a steel longsword, a flanged mace, a knife and a wooden shield rimmed with steel.
Background: Aenar is an ambitious youth, the third of his father's children. As his father had no lands for him to inherit, he instead secured him a place in the household guard of Lord Lannister in Casterly Rock.
Appearance: Tall, slim with short golden hair and green eyes. He has a small scar on his chin.

>Lord Aenar Reyne, Lord of Storm's End
>Equpment: Steel plate armour, longsword, mace, knife and shield.
>900,000 Stags
>Strength: 3
>Agility: 4
>Constitution: 4
>Charisma: 10
>Awareness: 6
>Intelligence: 4
>Combat: 1
>Power: 1
>Endurance: 1
>Defence: 1
>Perception: 2
>Diplomacy: 2
>>
File: stats and specializations 2.0.png (152KB, 2396x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stats and specializations 2.0.png
152KB, 2396x1024px
>>354908
Thanks my dude.
>>
>>354889
Claimeth

>Name: Ser Ruwyn Dayne
>Age: 24
>Birthplace: Starfall
>Job:2nd son of Lord Ren Dayne, Knight Serving House Dayne
>Equipment: Set of the whitest steel armor, House Dayne Tabard, Bastard Sword (+3 combat, +1 defence)
>House/Faction: House Dayne
>Goal/Quest: Become the Sword of the Morning
>Preferred Location: Starfall
>Looks: Purple Eyes. Dark hair. Extremely handsome, Taller then most men, well trained and muscular from being raised a knight.

>Ser Ruwyn Dayne

>Money: 18 stags

>Strength: 5 Combat: 1 (+1)
>Agility: 5 Dexterity: 1 (+1)
>Constitution: 8 Health: 1 (+1)
>Charisma: 17 Charm: 3 (+3)
>Awareness: 4
>Intelligence: 2

>Army: 112 Mounted Knights, 3000 Levy
>>
>>354908
>Aenar Reyne

It's not long before your men weigh anchor in Storm's End. 2000 Ghiscari, a Meereenese company whose name you'll never remember, nor do you care to, along with supplies and ships. Sure, the supplies and ships didn't belong to the sellswords, but nobody ELSE knows that. The supplies would be enough to feed you all for another month if something should happen to your farms.

What do you do?
>>354921
>Ser Ruwyn Dayne

At last, you, your prince, and your retinues depart Yronwood, ready to make the long, slow slog to Storm's End. You'll stay far out of view of any holdings, and pray that no Stormlanders notice you until it's too late. Once you reach Storm's End, it will be impossible for them to defeat you.

What do you do?
>3 turns to Storm's End
>>
>>354958
As Ruwyn rode his stead at a slow and steady pace in the column a realization dawned upon him, he quickly rode over to Prince Emmett and said "My Prince, clearly it would be wise to have scouts? And other parties ready as if anyone were to spot us, we could put them out of their misery, before they could alert someone?"

Ruwyn > Charm, talk sense with Emmett.

>Ser Ruwyn Dayne

>>
Rolled 27116 (1d100000)

>>354958
Two thousand men behind Storm's End would last long given the right resources. They were lockstep legions, perfect for using atop Storm's End's walls and between the narrow roads. Aenar would not likely need use all two thousand in defence of the Keep.

"I want ten patrols of twenty men, you will ride throughout the Stormlands, as far north as Massey's Hook and as far south as Blackhaven. Spread the word that Storm's End is rebuilt, and offering land and employ for whatever journeymen, apprentices, masters are looking for work. We need farmers to till the lands, miners to retrieve ore, fishermen to stalk the bay and knights to be landed - hedge knights, glory hunters, squires, we shall take them all. There is land aplenty in Storm's End, and the first fifty thousand peasants that make their way to Storm's End shall receive a silver stag for their troubles. Those merchants and skilled workers shall be taxed at half what they would elsewhere in the world. The Red Bank shall open, and lend at as low a rate as any other. Our pockets are deep." Aenar cleared his throat before the assembled men. "Another expedition shall be sent to Driftmark and Dragonstone, to recruit the allegiance of the lords therein, and another to Braavos to secure a trade deal with the Braavosi."

Aenar > ?

>700,000 Stags
>2000 Ghiscari (1800 spears, 200 bowmen)
>>
>>354974
>Ser Ruwyn Dayne

Prince Emmett nods at you. "I have sent unmarked scouts ahead of us, but I have not sent anyone in other directions." Your column marches in triple file to minimize presence. "Any hint of our existence will be met with immediate and powerful resistance. We need all of our men in Storm's End to keep a hold on the land."

What do you do?
>2 turns to Storm's End
>>354992
>Aenar Reyne

Your men scout out the surrounding territory. You don't expect a return report for another week, but regardless, this should give you some good publicity for the smallfolk in the surrounding area.

What do you do?
>1 turn till scouts return
>>
>>354889
Can I play if I have not read the books or seen the show?
>>
>>355086
ig. It'll be kinda hard though.
>>
Rolled 33497 (1d100000)

>>355065
Aenar heads to his rookery, he was still a young man and his next step should be securing a marriage. He should explore all options.

Aenar wrote dozens of letters, studying the major houses of the Reach, Stormlands and Dorne. It would be much more efficient to find as many offers as possible and choose which was the most beneficial. He wrote to Morrigan, Dondarrion, Tarth, Toyne, Selmy, Swann and Connginton. He wrote to Lords Ashford and Hightower, Tyrell, and Fossoway, Caswell and Redwyne. He wrote to Martell and Yronwood, Dayne and Blackmont.

Aenar > diplomacy(?), find a wife

>700,000 Stags
>>
>>355065
Ruwyn didnt want to argue anymore tactics or strategies with Emmett no more. If his inexperience would prove his downfall Ruwyn would be happy to say told you so. Alas Ruwyn rode in the column keeping a keen eye for people not supposed to see them.

Ruwyn > Awareness. Keep a keen eye out.

>Ser Ruwyn Dayne

>>
>>354889
I'd like to play but I'm a bit confused on how the initial skill points work..
>>
>>355148
Check here >>326679

It should explain it in more detail, if you have any further questions, just ask. We were just too lazy to paste the entire thing this time.
>>
>>355099
>Aenar Reyne

Eventually you receive ravens back from each of the lords you've sent them too. Lords Morrigan and Dondarrion are able to provide a wife if you so choose, as well as provide a dowry, Lords Tarth, Toyne, and Ashford are willing to give a daughter as a wife, but no more, Lord Hightower, Tyrell, and Fossoway have no daughters that are not already promised. The Dornish houses send you nothing, however. In addition, your scouts return. They report a middling response from the smallfolk in the area, however, they also report an army bearing the standards of Houses Martell, Dalt, Dayne, and other Dornish houses. An army that's bound straight for Storm's End.

What do you do?
>Charisma +1
>>355129
>Ser Ruwyn Dayne

You spy out the corner of your eye on the distance, horses moving across the horizon. You steer your horse away from the column to inspect more closely, taking care to avoid sight, and you see the riders are Ghiscari, and even more strangely, wore the colors of House Reyne.

What do you do?
>+1 Awareness
>Mastery point something something
>>
>>355094
I guess I will play then.
>>
>>355222
Rolling for stats. Quick question, I want to be a travelling merchant. Is that possible?
>>
Rolled 98877 (1d100000)

>>355210
Aenar puts his marriage proposals on hold. If there was an army marching on Storm's End, he must make ready its defences. He had only recently become its Lord, he would not be dislodged so easily.

Aenar delivers orders to his men to begin erecting any additional defences as possible. Two thousand men would stand long against an army, no matter how many thousands it brought to bear.

However, this did beg the question... How incompetent must Lord Connington be if he could not spot an army marching through his lands?

Aenar > send a raven to Griffin's Roost warning Lord Connington

>700,000 Stags
>Charisma: 11
>>
>>355226
Of course it is. It probably wouldn't be recommended as character plot might be a bit strange in the grand scheme of things, but it's entirely possible.

We had a guy play as a farmer a few days ago. He tilled some fields pretty good.
>>
>>355325
Are there any merchants in the books? If not I am fine being like a jester. Jester fo lyfe. There are jesters right?
>>
>>355210
Ghiscari? In Reyne colours?! Ruwyn was decided, he need to report this to Emmett and fast, he put his stead to full sprint towards Emmett. "Sire, outriders, Ghiscari, in Reyne colours, what could they be doing here?! We need to steer away Sire, untill we have complete control of the situation"

Ruwyn > Charm. Make sure Emmett dont charge them outright

>Ser Ruwyn Dayne

>Awareness: 5 Observation: 1 (+1)

>>
>>354889
name
>Molas Teer
Birthplace
>Norvos
Job
>Bearded Priest sellsword
Weapons/Equipment
>Steel Longaxe (+3)
>Full set of chainmail armour (+2)
Pack Mule
House/Faction: Wherever golds at
Goal/Quest
>To Serve my God and get rich
Starting Location
>Storm's End

Looks: His head is dully shaved, his long beard is dyed a bright purple. He isn't exactly a looker. He's around 5,9. He Has quite a bit of muscles on a lithe frame

No Money

>stats
>Strength: 5
>Agility: 3
>Constitution: 6
>Charisma: 2
>Awareness: 1
>Combat: 3 [+5]
>Power: 4
>Endurance: 5
>Defence: 4
>Religion:6
>>
>>355458
Mola's Varyen not Teer fuck autocorrect
>>
>>354889
claim spot, i-if I can
r-roll for skill points, if I'm allowed
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>356095
>Forgot to roll
off to a great start
>>
>Strength: 6, Fortitude+1
>Constitution: 6, Health +1
>Charisma: 3
>Awareness:4
>Agility: 5, Accuracy +1

-Geric
-Birthplace: The Valley of Thenn
-Equipment: Bronze spear, Bronze Armor, Thick deerskin coat, 1 torch, and 3 Silver Moons; Geric has a slave, Rillon of the Cave Dwellers, whom Geric ties to prevent him escaping; Rillon carries 20 pounds of salmon, 2 gallons of water, 3 torches, and wears a thick deerskin coat
-Faction: Wildlings (Especially Thenn)
-Goal: Find his wife south of the Wall
-Starting Location: The Northeastern shore of the North, recently dropped off after buying passage around the Wall
-Backstory: Geric wasn't different than any other Thenn, hardy and tough, who hunted for a living and prided his Old Men blood. Geric had a wife, who he loved very much, who's job was to scale the Wall to raid the greenfolk. She never returned from her last trip, many years ago. Now, Geric has sold three captured enemy clansmen to a Lyseni slaver, paying Geric 1 Silver Moon for each, and taking Geric south of the Wall, to find his wife.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>Name
- Jolly Storm
>Age
>Location
- Flea Bottom, King's Landing, Westoros
>Occupation
- Creative Procurement (thief)
>Equipment
- Tattered rags of an orphan, pieces of leather tied to his feet with cloth, and a small, shoddy, iron shiv with a wrapped handle
>House
- The noble and illustrious house of Storm. Fathered by lords and leeches alike.
>Goal
- Make enough money to do something that'll get him famous like the warriors of legend, or at least to get away from where he is
>Start
- Down by the docks
>Appearance
- Brown eyes; dark hair; sharp features; skinny, but less so than others in his position, his tunic has a hood haphazardly sewn on.
>>
>>356186
After all that I forgot the appearance
Appearance: Olive skin, pale grey from the cold, hair dark and grey, with a thin beard and a shaved head, and dark brown eyes. He has some bulk, but is still on the slim from the lack of food surplus in the North
>>
>>356198
>Stats:
>Strength: 1
>Constitution: 2
>Charisma: 3
>Intelligence: 5
>>Ingenuity: 1
>Agility: 5
>>Dexterity: 1

>>355210
If I could, me'lord, I'd love to join.
>>
>>356206
The Kindly Bro, i remember you, from Go/b/
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>
>>354889
(Is this acceptable?)

>Name: A man has no name, however some call this man 'three'.
>Age: A man has no age.
>Birthplace/Hometown: A man resides in the House of Black and White within Braavos
>Job/Position: A man takes lives for the many faced god.
>Weapons and equipment: A man has a cloak that allows him to move free (+2 Agility) , A man has daggers sharper than most (+2 Combat) A man has a ring in which keeps his mind awake. (+1 Awareness)
>House/Faction: A man is an assassin for the many faced god.
>Goal/Quest: A mans goal is to serve the many faced god and grant the gift of death to any who are marked.
>Preferred Starting location: A man is content with any location where he may complete his work.

------
Stats

>Strength 2
- Combat 2+2
>Constitution 0
>Charisma 0
>Intelligence 0
- Ingenuity 2
>Awareness 2+1
>Agility 2+2
>>
File: Now you've fucked up.jpg (63KB, 604x504px) Image search: [Google]
Now you've fucked up.jpg
63KB, 604x504px
>>354889
I only pray I'm not too late... I'd like to join if you're still taking additions.

>Varlton Waters
>Age: 22
>Birthplace: Flea Bottom
>Position: Gold Cloak (City Watch)
>Equipment: Longsword, Shortsword, and Dirk (Longsword on my back, shortsword on my left hip, dirk in the right boot.)
>Faction: I'm sworn to the Crown, but have a leaning to the rowdy, yet staunch ways of House Baratheon.
>Goal: To become an anointed-knight and someday see the fabled city of Asshai...
> Preferred Locale: King's Landing, but any city or town will do...
>Appearance: An average man by all means; only of average height, and musculature, with common brown eyes and skin. Bald and meticulously well-shaven.

Strength: 2 (Combat: 1, Fortitude: 1)
Constitution: 2 (Endurance: 1, Defense: 1)
Charisma: 4 (Charm: 1, Intimidate: 1, Diplomacy: 2)
Intelligence: 3 (Ingenuity: 1, Religion: 1, Wisdom: 1)
Awareness: 3 (Perception: 2, Investigation: 1)
Agility: 5 (Dexterity: 3, Speed: 1, Accuracy: 1)

(I rolled an 8, but am quite happy with only using 19 points. Anyone who wants it can have the last one if OP's cool with it...)
>>
>>359236
I may have fucked my stats a bit... I thought the individual specializations ranked up the overall stat pillar. Fuck it. Anyway I also forgot to give myself basic Gold Cloak Armor (+2 Def.)
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.