[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Island Quest thread 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 1

File: The Island.png (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
The Island.png
33KB, 800x800px
First thread: >>331204
The town library has some information about the enemies http://pastebin.com/RHnJQsJK, places http://pastebin.com/KmUw01gj, and spells http://pastebin.com/fYP61Tkn. The church has worked to remove certain information from the library, so you may encounter things not mentioned there.
Your party's current stats can be found here: http://pastebin.com/Rt5pWecJ

Your name is Michael. In the first thread, you explored most of The Island, and tamed several animals to help you on your journey. There's Jim the fox, Terry the mountain lion, and Phil the snake.
Currently, you are investigating the cursed forest.

You continue on through the cursed forest, attempting to go to the center of it. Eventually, you find a small clearing. You see a stone alter, covered in bloodstains. There is a giant pentagram drawn in the dirt surrounding the alter. Next to the alter, is a small hut. The door is closed and there are no windows. Behind the hut is a goat pen, with several goats in it. Just looking at the alter sends a chill down your spine. It seems that this is where darkness is seeping into your world and polluting the forest.

>Inspect the clearing more
>Knock on the door of the hut
>Go back to town
>>
>>350957
>Inspect the clearing more
Sup OP
>>
>>351332
You walk up to the alter to take a closer look at it. You see a sacrificial dagger nearby, also stained with blood. You also see bits of fur and flesh on the ground around the alter; the fur looks like it's from a goat. The bloodstains must be from sacfificing goats at this alter. The goats in the pen have ropes with one end tied around their neck and the other tied to a post on the hut. The goats don't move very much, they just stand there watching you. There are several vials of different sizes next to the pen, some of which are filled with what appears to be blood. As you walk behind the alter, you notice large footprints in the ground. They were clearly not made by a human, and you don't recognize them as belonging to any animal you know of. The footprints just go a few steps away from the alter before stopping.

>Sacrifice a goat at the alter
>Knock on the door of the hut
>Leave
>>
>>351397
Sacrifice a goat
>We're going satan mode
>>
>>351652
You walk over to the goat pen, and untie one of the leashes. You lead the goat over to the alter, and grab the sacrificial dagger. You position the goat over the part of the alter with the most bloodstains, and slit its throat with the dagger. The goat makes a choking sound as blood pours out of its neck and over the alter. After a few moments, it looks like the blood is being absorbed by the alter. Then, everything starts to look even darker than it did before; you can barely see your torch, even though you set it down just a few feet away.
You feel a wind, coming from behind you. The air seems to be getting sucked into a place above the alter. You feel yourself being pulled in as well. You try to step back, but are unable to resist. You've been sucked into the portal!

Should Jim, Terry, and/or Phil follow you, or stay at the alter?
>>
>>351397
>Sacrifice a goat at the alter
And so we shall fight
>>
>>351707
Bring Phil
>Morph with the snake for bonus demon points
>>
>>351707
Bring the crew
>>
>>351733
>samefagging on a qst thread
Mate, calm down
>>
Jim, Terry, and Phil run in after you!
You feel very cold for a few seconds, then feel very hot. Suddenly, you hit the ground face first. As you bring your head up, you realize that the ground is on fire. You and Terry can handle the heat with your magical defense, but Jim and Phil will take damage from the fire each turn during combat. Still laying on the ground, you look to your right, and see two large feet. They look like the ones that made the footprints you saw behind the alter. You look up, and see a creature with reddish skin. Its feet and hands have three wedge-shaped digits, and it has a long snout on its face. It is just standing there, looking at you. It seems to be smiling.
The creature opens its mouth to speak. You don't see its mouth moving, just staying open; but you hear what it's saying inside your head.
"Welcome to the demon realm. Do you taste good?"

Demon Realm
Ground is on fire. Hits characters each turn with 15 magical attack
Enemies:
Lesser demon
Greater demon

>Yes, I taste great
>No, I taste bad
>run
>>
>>351741
My phone didn't update even with an f5

>>351733
>Yes, I taste great
>>
>>351752
Try to charm the bastard so we can become a demon-adventurer-guy
>Yeah, I taste pretty great
>>
Rolled 46 (1d60)

"Yes, I taste great" you say
"Oh, good. I'm pretty hungry. It's been a while since I got to eat a human"

The creature bends down and takes a bite out of your shoulder.

Lesser demon - Level 15
hp 150
mp 75

physical attack 30
magical attack 30 (+70)
holy attack 0
dark attack 60

physical defense 15 (+5)
magical defense 15
holy defense 0
dark defense 15

Flash freeze
A sudden wave of coldness freezes the enemy
-49 mp
+70 magical attack

Health charm
A teardrop shaped charm that glows red and feels warm to the touch
+5 physical defense
Restore 5 hp each turn
>>
>>351874
You scream in pain as the demon bites off a large chunk of your flesh.

Michael - Level 7
hp 24/70
mp 55/55

>greatsword (1d30)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 6
hp 60/60
mp 30/30

>bite (0)
>run

Terry - Level 7
hp 70/70
mp 35/35

>bite (0)
>run

Phil - Level 5
hp 40/40
mp 25/25

>bite (0 + 1d21)
>run
>>
>>351880
Try and make a deal with the guy to trade phil for a relic, or spell, or transformation
>>
Rolled 20 (1d60)

>>351906
"Wait! Here, I've got this. Would you be interested in trading something for this snake?"
You pick up Phil and hold him out to the demon.
"And what would you want in return?"
"A relic, or spell, or something"
"Well I haven't got any of those. I'll just take the snake and give you nothing"
The demon grabs Phil and takes a bit out of him.
>>
>>351961
He bites off a significant portion of Phil's tail. Phil manages to get lose and slither away from the demon. Phil is upset that you tried to trade him.

Michael - Level 7
hp 24/70
mp 55/55

>greatsword (1d30)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 6
hp 60/60
mp 30/30

>bite (0)
>run

Terry - Level 7
hp 70/70
mp 35/35

>bite (0)
>run

Phil - Level 5
hp 20/40
mp 25/25

>bite (0 + 1d21)
>run
>>
>>351961
Alright... Now that he's starting to fill himself up on fill, can he atleast point us to the nearest exit
also
>Try to make small talk with the guy, Demon Bros are toptier
>>
Rolled 27 (1d40)

>>351970
Use icicles
>>
>>351978
You fire an icicle at the demon, hitting him in the chest, and dealing 27 damage. Phil also bites the demon, and does 10 damage.
The health charm the demon is wearing glows briefly, and heals him for 5 health.

Lesser demon - Level 15
hp 118/150
mp 75/75

"Decided to put up a fight, have you?" The demon punches, but your armor blocks most of the damage.

Michael - Level 7
hp 21/70
mp 51/55

>greatsword (1d30)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 6
hp 60/60
mp 30/30

>bite (0)
>run

Terry - Level 7
hp 70/70
mp 35/35

>bite (0)
>run

Phil - Level 5
hp 20/40
mp 25/25

>bite (0 + 1d21)
>run
>>
>>351998
Know what sounds interesting? Demon Slave, lets incapacitate him.
>Icicles to the knees
>>
Rolled 17 (1d76)

>>352011
You cast icicle again, and Phil bites the demon again. You do 31 damage to it. Terry runs to the front to tank.

Lesser demon - Level 15
hp 92/150
mp 75/75

The demon casts Flash freeze on terry.
>>
>>352041
Due to the fires burning everywhere, the demon's spell does only a little damage to Terry.
Also due to the fires burning everywhere, Jim and Phil take damage from the fire.

Michael - Level 7
hp 21/70
mp 47/55

>greatsword (1d30)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 6
hp 56/60
mp 30/30

>bite (0)
>run

Terry - Level 7
hp 53/70
mp 35/35

>bite (0)
>run

Phil - Level 5
hp 19/40
mp 25/25

>bite (0 + 1d21)
>run
>>
>>352041
Since he thinks Phil is such a good snack, use him as a distraction before an icicle to the back.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d60)

You offer up Phil as a distraction, then cast icicle at the demon's back. You manage to do 29 damage to it.

Lesser demon - Level 15
hp 68/150
mp 26/75

The demon takes another bite of Phil
>>
Rolled 29 (1d40)

>>352053
Icicle to his arm
>>
>>352069
Heal up Phil while Terry tanks, this snake's been having a rough day.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d60)

>>352069
The demon bites down on Phil's head. He chews it a few times then swallows.
"That was spicy" Phil's venom does 12 damage to the demon.
He drops Phil's lifeless body onto the ground, and it is consumed by the fire. Jim also took 2 damage from the fire.

>>352071
You cast another icicle at the demon's arm, and deal another 29 damage.

Lesser demon - Level 15
hp 32/150
mp 26/75

The demon picks up Terry and takes a bite out of his back.

-----------------------------------
>>352078
It's too late. Phil only had 19 health left, and that last bite did 22 damage.
>>
>>352094
The demon's bite deals 39 damage to Terry

Michael - Level 7
hp 21/70
mp 43/55

>greatsword (1d30)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 6
hp 54/60
mp 30/30

>bite (0)
>run

Terry - Level 7
hp 14/70
mp 35/35

>bite (0)
>run
>>
>>352099
Another icicle, if the demon wants to be spared offer enslavement as a life friendly alternative.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d40)

>>352110
rolling for icicle damage

------------------------------
You guys should be casting fireball instead; it does more damage, and you probably won't run out of mana during the fight.
>>
Rolled 35 (1d60)

You fire an average icicle at the demon, and deal 18 damage.

Lesser demon - Level 15
hp 19/150
mp 26/75

The demon takes another bite out of Terry
>>
>>352135
The demon bites into Terry's spine. He seems to be enjoying the flavor. Terry is bleeding profusely from the large bites out of his back, and slowly loses consciousness. The demon tosses Terry's lifeless body over his shoulder.

Michael - Level 7
hp 21/70
mp 39/55

>greatsword (1d30)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 6
hp 51/60
mp 30/30

>bite (0)
>run
>>
>>352140
Alright fireball the bitch, really want to enslave this bastard though.
>>
Rolled 45 (1d50)

>>352153
rolling for fireball damage
>>
>>352165
Hopefully the finishing blow
>>
>>352165
You cast a massive fireball right at the lesser demon's face. When it hits, the demon falls over backwards, dead. Its body turns into ash.

You've leveled up. You gain 5 physical and magical attack. Jim gains 5 holy and dark defense.
Michael - Level 8
hp 80
mp 40

physical attack 30
magical attack 30
holy attack 0
dark attack 0

physical defense 10
magical defense 10
holy defense 0
dark defense 0

Jim - Level 7
hp 70
mp 35

physical attack 10
magical attack 0
holy attack 0
dark attack 0

physical defense 10
magical defense 5
holy defense 20
dark defense 20

Also, the lesser demon drops a flash freeze spellbook, and its health charm.

--------------------------
I went with the stat increases you normally do. Let me know if you want something different.
>>
You hear a voice booming in your head
"Well, I see you are somewhat strong. I have a task that I need someone to do. You're not quite strong enough for it yet, but will you agree to come back here once you become stronger? If you agree to these terms, I will lend you a powerful weapon that should make it easier for you to train and defeat powerful enemies. I will also let you out of this realm. You don't want to stay here for eternity do you?"

>Accept
>Reject
>Ask for more info
>>
>>352185
>Accept
Booming ethereal voices are always helpful
>>
>>352185
Ask for more info, lets not fuck ourselves
>>
>>352185
Accept, on the terms that he gives you an imp or some other minor summon to be your companion also.
>>
>>352192
"What is this quest that you want me to do?"
"There is someone that I need you to kill. He is immune to all the weapons and spells that you have now, but I will provide you with a weapon that can kill him. Take this"
A sword flies down from the sky, passing dangerously close to your head, and sticks in the ground.

Sword of darkness
A cursed sword that deals dark damage
+100 dark attack

"Take that sword, and go to the forbidden city. You should be able to easily kill the human monks. You can also come back here if you would like to train against lesser or greater demons; I have plenty of them to spare, unfortunately they are unable to leave this realm right now. Once you are strong enough, you should go to the center of the forbidden city. There is an artifact there that is heavily guarded. Touching it will teleport you to another realm, I need you to kill the being that you will find there."

Since you don't know how to get out of the demon realm, you agree to his quest.

"Good choice, mortal. You may leave this realm now"

You wake up next to the alter in the cursed forest.
>>
You've completed the Investigate the cursed forest quest. Return to town to claim your reward ($500).

As your eyes adjust to the darkness of the cursed forest, you see a hooded figure standing over you. He is wide-eyed and staring at your sword of darkness.
"Is that what I think it is!? How did you get it? I've been sacrificing goats here for years, but I never got anything like that."
This must be the person who lives in the hut. He seems impressed by your demonic weapon.

>Tell him what happened
>Make something up
>Fight
>Ignore him and leave
>>
>>352231
Looks like we've been chosen
> Cut this guy in half
Feed the blade with souls
>>
Rolled 1 (1d55)

>>352236
You equip your sword of darkness, and slash at the man standing in front of you.

Cultist - Level 12
hp 120
mp 80

physical attack 5
magical attack 25
holy attack 0
dark attack 60 (+5) (+0 OR +30 OR +60)

physical defense 10 (+5)
magical defense 10 (+5)
holy defense 0
dark defense 10 (+35)

Darkness
The caster draws power from below, and a shadow engulfs the enemy
-36 mp
+60 dark attack
Create mana
The caster drains a portion of their own blood, and converts it into mana
-X*10 hp
+X mp
Life transfer
The caster sucks blood out of the enemy, and then drinks the blood
-20 mp
+0 dark attack
Gain health equal to half the damage this deals
Curse
The caster offers their own blood as a sacrifice, causing a demon spirit to attack the enemy
+30 dark attack
Damages the caster with +20 dark attack

Pentagram necklace
A necklace with a pentagram hanging on it. Provides a small dark bonus
+5 dark attack
+5 dark defense
Dark cloak
A mysterious cloak that provides protection from evil
+5 physical defense
+5 magical defense
+30 dark defense
>>
Rolled 9 (1d95)

>>352243
You swing your sword at the cultist. He jumps out of the way.

Cultist - Level 12
hp 119/120
mp 80/80

The cultist takes out his sacrificial dagger and cuts a large gash on his arm, dealing 28 damage to himself.
"Take this blood, and come forth to destroy my enemies!"
The blood on the ground evaporates, and a demon spirit appears. It charges at you, and slashes at you with its claws
>>
>>352254
You manage to mostly dodge the attack.

Michael - Level 8
hp 71/80
mp 60/60

>dark sword (1d55)
>icicle (1d45)
>fireball (1d55)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 7
hp 70/70
mp 35/35

>bite (0)
>run

-------------------------
If you want to do the same thing multiple turns in a row, just say so and roll the appropriate number of dice
>>
>>352260
Shouldn't these demons be working for us? Gotta call our Patron demon or something

>dark sword
>>
>>352265
Get our demon bro to tell his other mate whats up, maybe have him turn on the cultist.
>>
>>352272
I'm going to assume the more we kill the more demon bro is inclined to help us. I say full speed ahead on the murder train.
>>
>>352265
You stab the cultist in the chest with your sword, dealing a massive amount of damage to him! You also send Jim to tank, since he has higher dark defense.

Cultist - Level 12
hp 38/120
mp 80/80

The cultist casts Life transfer on Jim. Blood shoots out of Jim's chest and flows towards the Cultist. The cultist then drinks the blood. This deals 12 damage to Jim and heals the cultist for 6 health.

Michael - Level 8
hp 71/80
mp 60/60

>dark sword (1d55)
>icicle (1d45)
>fireball (1d55)
>lesser heal
>run

Jim - Level 7
hp 58/70
mp 35/35

>bite (0)
>run

------------------------------------------
>>352265
>>352272
The cultist is also a loyal follower of the demons. The demons like both of you; they also like fighting though, so they're happy to help either side.
>>
>>352277
Oh yeah for sure, but having this summoned demon turn on the cultist would be convenient.
>>
>>352286
The demon spirit that the cultist summoned was only there for one attack. It went back to the demon realm after that. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d55)

>>352285
Stab the cultist. Remember to loot all that sweet dark magic gear.
>dark sword
>>
>>352285
Anyway we can keep this cultists soul after we kill him? It would be nice to have a companion who understands this demonic stuff.
>>
>>352293
You stab the cultist in the face with your sword of darkness. You do exactly enough damage to kill him. You take the dark cloak off of his body. Next, you go look in his hut. You find 4 spellbooks there: darkness, create mana, life transfer, and curse.
>>
>>352298
Yeah our numbers are pretty low after the whole... Phil and Terry feeding frenzy.
Having a sentient companion sounds bretty good.
Having a spook companion sounds even better. If we could maybe explain our relationship with the demon, maybe he'd perform a rite on himself and join us... or something.
>>
>>352305
I think the idea of having a grumbly pissy cultist ghost we just stabbed in the face have to follow us around and give us advice could be fun
>>
>>352301
I got an idea, why don't we life transfer some of our health into the cultist and make him a companion. Or maybe do a 1 for 1 trade of Jim's life for the cultists.
>>
>>352307
I like that, but don't fully sacrifice Jim, just give the cultist enough life to reanimate. Intelligent zombie I'm thinking?
>>
>>352310
...Demon bro is also nearby, maybe get him involved.
Whatever OP decides. These all seem like bretty good companion ideas. Personally I just want a small army of spooks and demons to invade the forbidden city with.
>>
>>352312
Agreed, I think this is gonna end great for us. Not so well for every living thing in the vicinity.
>>
After murdering the cultist, you realize that he could have been a powerful ally. When he used the life transfer spell, he absorbed Jim's blood to heal himself. You realize that Jim's wound is still bleeding. If you were to cut it open a bit more, and let the blood flow into the cultist's mouth, it may be able to revive him.

>Cut just a bit (Jim lives, Cultist revives with 50% stats (ie, he'll be level 6 and have 30 dark attack, instead of level 12 with 60 dark attack))
>Cut all the way (Jim dies, Cultist revives with full stats)
>>
>>352320
second one, Jim can heal later
>>
>>352323
Whoops, I mean first one
>>
>>352323
You can't revive Jim if you sacrifice him for this
>>
>>352326
Yeah first one, We really need someone to talk to, and his intellect.
We don't need some pissed off omnipotent old man. Just a pissed off mediocre old man companion to talk to.
>>
>>352336
I want him weak in case he gets uppity about us killing him.
>>
You cut just a bit, and let the blood flow out of Jim and into the cultist. He wakes up, coughing.
"W- what? Why?"
"Thought you'd make a powerful ally. Want to join me? If not, I can just kill you again"
"Yes, I will join you. I... seem weaker though. I don't think I was fully revived after I died"
"That's fine, you'll still be nice to have around"
You give him back the dark cloak that you had looted from his body.

Weakened cultist - Level 6
hp 60
mp 40

physical attack 5
magical attack 10
holy attack 0
dark attack 30 (+5)

physical defense 5 (+5)
magical defense 5 (+5)
holy defense 0
dark defense 5 (+35)

Life transfer
The caster sucks blood out of the enemy, and then drinks the blood
-20 mp
+0 dark attack
Gain health equal to half the damage this deals
Curse
The caster offers their own blood as a sacrifice, causing a demon spirit to attack the enemy
+30 dark attack
Damages the caster with +20 dark attack

Pentagram necklace
A necklace with a pentagram hanging on it. Provides a small dark bonus
+5 dark attack
+5 dark defense
Dark cloak
A mysterious cloak that provides protection from evil
+5 physical defense
+5 magical defense
+30 dark defense

The two of you set off, out of the cursed forest and towards the forbidden city.
"By the way, what's your name?" you ask the cultist.

Some things we should do when we stop by town:
Sell the treasure from the ruins
Collect reward from the investigate the cursed forest quest (probably shouldn't tell them everything that you found
Have the Old Wizard teach us spells from the spellbooks we found recently

Anything else you want to do before assaulting the forbidden city?
>>
>>352351
Can we camp for a bit and learn some demonic shit?
>>
I'm gonna go to sleep now. I'll be on tomorrow.
Feel free to keep posting suggestions and I'll look at them tomorrow
>>
>>352360
The Cultist's Name is...
Manfred, he got into occultism after getting teased for his name many, many times.
>>
"My name is Manfred"
"So how did you get into this dark magic stuff?"
"As a child, I was often teased because of my name. I ended up spending a lot of time by myself. The cursed forest was nice, there weren't many humans that came here. After a few years, I realized that I had the power to use dark magic. I built that alter at the center of the cursed forest, and attempted various rituals to gain more knowledge. I was able to learn spells, with the knowledge that I received for my offerings. But I was not the only one to gain power from this cursed forest. The wolves and birds here were changes as well. The wolves became much more powerful; the birds were transformed into harpies, and gained the ability to use magic. These creatures could sense my darkness, and respected me. They attacked normal humans though, so quickly people stopped visiting the cursed forest."
"Have you been to the demon realm before?"
"No. I have tried many times, but never been able to get through. I recently did succeed in summoning a lesser demon to this world, but was unable to keep him here. He said there was a strong force actively preventing him from staying."
"When I was in the demon realm, I was told to kill the being that was preventing them from coming here. That's why I was given this sword"
"Oh, interesting. Perhaps we really will be able to release demons onto the The Island if we work together"

The two of you decide to set up camp in the cursed forest. The cultist can read the old language that spellbooks are written in. You ask him to teach you spells from some of the spellbooks you have collected

What spells do you want to learn?
>Screech
>Thunderbolt
>Flash freeze
>Darkness
>Create mana
>Life transfer
>Curse
>>
>>353602
>Thunderbolt
>Flash freeze
>Darkness
And have him teach Jim screech
>>
>>353781
You learn thunderbolt, flash freeze, and darkness.

Thunderbolt
A lightning shoots from the caster's fingers and towards the enemy
-16 mp
+40 magical attack

Darkness
The caster draws power from below, and a shadow engulfs the enemy
-36 mp
+60 dark attack

Flash freeze
A sudden wave of coldness freezes the enemy
-49 mp
+70 magical attack

Even though Jim isn't very smart, he manages to learn to use screech.

Screech
A loud screech that disorients all enemies
-10 mp
Reduces enemy's defenses by 20% for 2 turns
>>
>>353844
Alright time to get animal companions to the dense forest
>>
>>353844
I was the guy who mostly played the first thread. I leave for a day and you kill Phil and Terry, become a half demon and decide to kill angels and plunge the world into darkness.
>>
>>353867
While you walk through the dense forest, you stop to tame a mountain lion.
Mountain lion - Level 4
hp 40
mp 20

physical attack 20
magical attack 0
holy attack 0
dark attack 0

physical defense 13
magical defense 6
holy defense 0
dark defense 0

You and Manfred head back to town. You sell the treasure you found in the ruins for $200. You also go to collect your reward for investigating the cursed forest. You tell them that near the center is an alter, and dark energy seems to be coming out of it, causing the forest to expand. They thank you for the info, and give you $500 as a reward.
You and Manfred decide to visit the equipment shop. Since you now have a human companion, you can buy armor for him. You currently have $750.

Equipment shop (more details http://pastebin.com/rZBNwgr3)
armor
Chainmail - $20
Leather armor - $20
Plate armor - $50
Wizard robes - $100
Magic-infused plate armor - $250
Spiky armor - $1000

weapons
Wooden bat - $5
Longsword - $10
Dagger - $10
Rapier - $15
Greatsword - $50
Magic longsword - $200

shields
Wooden shield - $15
Steel shield - $45

accessories
Magic ring - $10
Mana pouch - $300
Cross necklace - $10

---------------------------------
As a reminder, your current stats are here: http://pastebin.com/Rt5pWecJ

>>353876
They were bound to die sooner or later.
>>
>>353910
Get Manny a magic longsword, ourself a steel shield, and a dagger for Jim
>>
>>353963
You buy a magic longsword for Manfred, and steel shield for yourself, and a dagger for Jim. Unfortunately, Jim is unable to use the dagger; he doesn't even have opposable thumbs.
You have $495 left.

>Attack the forbidden city
>Other
>>
>>354023
How about we trade bite for stab. I want silly FOXHOUND, that's all.
>Probing attack against Forbidden City
>>
You tape the dagger to Jim's mouth, so now he can stab people with it.
You head East towards the forbidden city. You reach the main gate, which is being guarded by 1 monk.

Monk - Level 10
hp 100
mp 50

physical attack 20 (+5)
magical attack 20
holy attack 30 (+20) (+50)
dark attack 0

physical defense 10 (+5)
magical defense 20
holy defense 20 (+55)
dark defense 0

Smite
The caster draws power from above, and a bright light comes down on top of the enemy
-25 mp
+50 holy attack
Self immolation
The caster sets themself on fire. The fire burns so hot it also harms those who get too close
-10 mp
+Damages melee attackers until end of combat with +10 magical attack
Also damages caster each turn with +10 magical attack
Heal
Use a moderate amount of mana to fix large cuts and broken bones
-9 mp
+30 hp

Monk robe
A holy robe worn by members of the church. Primarily effects holy attack/defense
+15 holy attack
+5 physical defense
+50 holy defense
Cross necklace
A necklace with a cross hanging on it. Provides a small holy bonus
+5 holy attack
+5 holy defense
Dagger
A small weapon sometimes carried by those who do not wish to be visibly armed
+5 physical attack
>>
Michael - Level 8
hp 80/80
mp 60/60

>dark sword (1d105)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>thunderbolt (1d60)
>darkness (1d65)
>flash freeze (1d90)
>lesser heal
>run

Manfred - Level 6
hp 60/60
mp 40/40

>magic sword (0 + 0)
>life transfer (1d35)
>curse (1d65)

Jim - Level 7
hp 70/70
mp 35/35

>dagger (0)
>screech
>run

Mountain lion - Level 4
hp 40/40
mp 20/20

>bite (1d5)
>run

---------------------------
I'm going to have dinner soon
>>
Rolled 43 (1d105)

>>354186
Swing the darkblade
>>
>>354186
Oh and have
Jim use Screech
Manny curse
Terri just tank
>>
Jim uses screech. (The monk has 0 dark defense, so decreasing that by 20% doesn't cause a huge difference...)
You swing your sword of darkness at the monk. It's an average hit, but this sword is so strong it does 43 damage.
Manny casts curse, but it only does 9 damage to the monk (from 1d65)! Curse also deals 14 damage to Manny (from 1d15)
Terri runs up to tank, despite having 0 holy defense and only 40 health.

Monk - Level 10
hp 48/100
mp 50/50

The monk casts smite on Terri
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>354422
messed up the roll
>>
>>354431
A bright light envelops Terri, and he bursts into flames. Terry lets out a cry, and then falls down dead.

Michael - Level 8
hp 80/80
mp 60/60

>dark sword (1d105)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>thunderbolt (1d60)
>darkness (1d65)
>flash freeze (1d90)
>lesser heal
>run

Manfred - Level 6
hp 46/60
mp 40/40

>magic sword (0 + 0)
>life transfer (1d35)
>curse (1d65)

Jim - Level 7
hp 70/70
mp 25/35

>dagger (0)
>screech
>run
>>
>>354438
Manny's sword should do (1d3 + 1d4) now, due to the reduced defenses from screech
>>
>>354446
and your magical spells should have 4 more max damage, but you're probably going to use the sword of darkness anyway
>>
Rolled 60 (1d105)

>>354438
Dark sword again
Jim runaway
Manny use life transfer
>>
You stab the monk in the chest with your sword of darkness. The monk screams, and falls face down, dead. You loot the monk robes from his body. You also find spellbooks for smite, heal, and self immolation.

>Enter the forbidden city
>Return to town
>>
>>354708
Get manny to teach us all three and have him learn heal and self immolation
>Enter the forbidden city
>>
You, Manny, and Jim enter the forbidden city. The buildings are beautiful, made of marble with gold trim. There are brilliant jewels decorating various places.
You try to stay out of sight, since people like you and Manny aren't really welcome in the forbidden city (not that anyone other than the church members are welcome, but dark wizards are the monk's natural enemies).
You or Manny might be able to blend in a bit by wearing the monk robes you just got, but you only have one monk robes.

>Ambush a monk
>Stay hidden and keep looking around
>>
>>354863
>>Ambush a monk
Take the high ground
>>
>>354863
Stay hidden for now
>>
>>354884
You wait in an alley for a monk to show up. When a monk does walk down the alley, You and Manny jump out and attack him.
You slash the monk across the chest dealing 76 damage to him. Manny casts curse, dealing 42 damage to the monk, killing him.
You look the monk robes that he was wearing. You and Manny both take off the armor you were wearing, and equip monk robes instead. You tell Jim to stay hidden here, since he will still look out of place while you guys are trying to blend in.

Also, you levelled up from defeating the monk. You, Manny, and Jim each have 10 stat points to spend. You can use stat points to increase physical/magical/holy/dark attack/defense.
What stats do you want to increase?
>>
>>354957
Throw it all into holy defense for everyone
>>
You increase everyone's holy defense. That, in addition to the monk robes, should hopefully keep you safe while here.
You and Manny walk towards the center of the city. You see two buildings that look interesting. One seems to be a library. There are large columns in the front of the building. You can see shelves of books inside. Based on the size of the building, this probably has much more information that the library in town. The other building is a church, with a cross made of gold on the roof. It has decorative stained glass windows, depicting scenes of magicians, ghosts, and floods. Some of the landscapes in the scenes seem vaguely familiar.
You see something move in the shadows in a nearby alley. It seems be a group of bandits. They're probably here to try to steal some treasure.

>Go to the library
>Go to the church
>Try talking to the bandits
>>
>>355220
>Go to the library
We need information, mostly what happened in the past
>>
You go to the library, and look for the history section.

About 300 years ago, a group of monks was researching eternal life. They were scared, and didn't want to go to heaven. They were shunned by most of the other monks because of this. This further increased their fears of passing on, since they were no longer sure if they would go above or below once they died. Their goal was for the spell to trap a person's soul, and prevent it from leaving. Because of this, the spell had to be cast on the land, as opposed to on individual people. If it were cast on a person, there would be nothing to bind the soul to after the person died. They didn't want to be trapped in this state forever though, so they made it so that it was possible for a soul to escape the area and pass on. If someone got completely bored with life as a spirit, and wanted to go somewhere else for new experiences, they would be able to escape from the barrier holding the souls in place. The desire of the soul was a requirement, in order to prevent people from accidentally wandering out of the enchanted land, and being whisked off to heaven or hell.
After about 20 years of seclusion, and a few failed attempts, the monks thought they had finally perfected the spell. The monks spread out through the city that night, and at 2AM, they began the spell. Once the spell was completed, the monks gathered in their church. One monk volunteered to test the spell this time. He took out a dagger, and sliced his neck open. A few minutes later, he appeared as a ghost. He was still able to talk, and could be visible or invisible as he pleased. The spell had worked just as the monks had hoped - or so they thought.
The monks had purposefully made the spell not cover the city's hospital. Too many people die there; it would raise suspicion much more quickly. It took a few months before reports of a ghost started to come in. A teenager had accidentally killed himself while trying to develop new magical spells. The ghost was reported to go around playing pranks on people, and generally causing mischief. People knew the monks were dealing with this sort of thing, and accused them of causing the ghosts. The monks explained that their spell trapped souls in the city, but they would be able to leave if they desired it.
The rest of the church (the ones that weren't the group of weird monks trying to trap souls) left the city, offended that it was even possible to mess with such a thing as a soul passing on to the next world. Some other people from the city left, but most stayed; either because they didn't mind the spell, or they had nowhere else to go.
>>
About three months after the spell had been cast, there were 5 ghosts: the monk who tested the spell, the mischievous teenager, an elderly man whose wife was still alive, and a married couple who had died when their house collapsed. The elderly man mostly stayed in his house, talking to his wife, who was still alive. The married couple, however, were ready to pass on to the next life. They tried to exit the enchanted grounds, but were unable to. After several unsuccessful attempts, they went to the church to ask the monks.
At first, the monks assumed that the couple didn't actually want to leave; maybe they were scared. After interviewing them, the monks realized that this was not the case. Unsure why it wasn't working, the monks decided it would be best to revert their commit. They started preparing a spell to dissipate the enchantment they had put on the ground. One day, when the monk's went to keep working, one showed up as a ghost. He had been killed in his sleep by the teenage ghost, who was apparently very upset that he would be stuck here forever. After being killed, the monk had attempted to explain that they were in the process of undoing the spell. The teenager seemed to still be upset about it, though.
News that a ghost had killed a human spread throughout city. People felt much less safe now, and more moved away from the city. This caused the news to spread to other, nearby cities.
About a week later, the monks had completed their spell to undo the enchantment on the land. Unfortunately, this was the same day that several adventurers from another city had sneaked in. They had heard about the evil monks that created murderous ghosts, and wanted to put an end to them. When the monks spread out at night, and began focusing on casting their spell, it was the perfect time for the adventurers to strike. The monks were slaughtered by the adventurers. Shortly after, several adventurers were slaughtered by ghost monks, who were now immune to the adventurers' physical attacks.
By morning, the monks and adventurers (who were all ghosts now) had managed to explain their opinions to each other. They had both wanted the same thing; to stop the spell. But now it looked like that wouldn't be happening. The monks had been only partially through casting their spell when the adventurers struck, and the ghosts seemed to still be trapped in the land. But some of the ghost monks were missing. After talking with the adventurers and other witnesses to piece together what happened, they realized that the monks that were missing were ones that had killed adventurers.
>>
The monks looked over their calculations for the original spell, and, to their horror, realized a mistake in it. A soul's desire to explore new places wasn't enough to break through the barrier from the inside; only from the outside. When a soul like that breaks into the barrier, a soul on the inside is able to escape through the hole before the barrier reseals itself. So instead of leaving just because you want to go somewhere else, the only way to leave is to kill someone who wants to go somewhere else. Adventurers were prime examples of this, since they always longed to explore new places and experience new things.
The enchantment on the land had been destabilized by the spell the monks had partially cast while trying to undo it. Ghosts from other times started to appear in the city. The ghosts brought knowledge from the future, about how the spell would spread to other cities, and eventually the world would be destroyed by a great flood due to the spell.
Some ghosts from the future were very angry, and some of the ones from the current time also became angry. The ghosts started breaking things, and driving humans out of the city. Within a few weeks, the city was in ruins.
But it was too late. An dark wizard had heard of the spell, and managed to steal the spellbook for it during the chaos of the ghosts destroying the city. He brought it to another city, made copies of it, and taught the spell to anyone who would listen.
Over the next about 200 years (280 years ago to 80 years ago), the spell spread to many cities over the world. The first city, where the monks had tried to undo the spell, was the only one that had a funny interaction with time. In other cities throughout the world, ghosts would respawn at a time strictly after they died (still a random time, but always in the future. they never went back to the past). Some of these cities were destroyed by upset ghosts, others learned to live peacefully with the ghosts.
About 80 years ago, a group of angels came to Earth to investigate. Heaven had been receiving many fewer souls that it should have been. The angels were disgusted with what they found. They managed to free about 40% of those trapped as ghosts, but were unable to free the rest. Even the angels could not undo the magic on the ground, for it was magic specifically made to prevent people from going to their realm. The ghostly monks also were unable to undo the enchantment as ghosts, and weren't sure if they even would have been able to succeed as humans. To break the spell, it would be necessary to destroy the land on which the spell was cast. But by now, so many people knew about the spell, it would likely just end up getting cast again.
>>
What do angels do with the humanity isn't working the way they want it? Turn it off and back on again. The angels prepared an underground cavern to hold a small group of people and animals that would repopulate the earth after the flood. They were chosen from people who had no knowledge of the spell whatsoever, to make sure this wouldn't happen again.
In a town near the ruins of the city where this all started, another group of monks was afraid of passing on. They knew that leaving people's souls trapped forever in cursed lands was bad, but they were afraid to be killed by the great flood. They had been a very devout group, and two of the angels took pity on them. One angel came down to earth, and talked with the monks. He explained what was going to happen, and how they could try to prevent it. The second angel stayed in heaven, and provided help from above. Together, the monks and two angels were able to save a small portion of land around their town from the destruction.
The rest of the angels were upset by this, and allowed darkness from the demon realm to seep into the small piece of land that had been saved.
To this day, the two angels continue to provide The Island with protection from the water, and from the demons. While it is true that humanity would be better off without any knowledge of this terrible spell to trap souls, the monks on The Island don't wish to die. Having defied God's will to save their own lives, they will almost certainly not end up going to the place they want after they die.

-----------------------------------------
That was a lot more than I expected to write, hopefully it all makes sense. I think I'm done for tonight. I'll be on tomorrow.
>>
OK, I'm back.

What do you want to do now?
>Go to the church
>Try talking to the bandits in the alley
>>
>>357720
Talk to the bandits.
>>
>>359416
Go to church
Cuz I'm scared
>>
You walk over towards the bandits. As you approach, they draw their weapons.
"Wait, I am not your enemy," you take out your pentagram necklace that you found in the cursed forest. They seem to understand that you aren't actually a monk.
"Who are you then?" One of the bandits asks you.
"We're here to gain information about the church. We wish to defeat them."
"Well, we're just here to steal some stuff. You can come along if you want, there room for two more. Our plan is to sneak into that church over there and steal whatever valuable stuff they're guarding."

>Ask the bandits for more info
>Steal stuff with the bandits
>Don't go with the bandits; go to the church dressed as a monk

-------------------------------------
I was busy looking for Pokemon all evening. But I'm here now
>>
>>362744
>Don't go with the bandits; go to the church dressed as a monk
But ask them to leave the thing we're looking for behind
>>
"No thanks. I'm only interested in one thing; the cross they have inside a chest at the center of the church. As long as you don't take that, we shouldn't have any problems"
"Well OK. I suppose both of us going at the same time will mean we each have half as much resistance" The bandit takes out a potion, and drinks some, then passes it to the next bandit.
You look back to the first bandit, but he's nowhere to be found.
The last bandit notices your confusion and says "Invisibility potion, makes sneaking places easier." before drinking some and disappearing shortly after.
You and Manny walk towards the church dressed in your monk robes. You explore around inside the church, and notice that some of the stained glass windows depict scenes from recent history that you just read about in the library. You pass several other monks, and eventually reach a room towards the center of the church. You open the door to the room, and see three people inside, seated at a table, playing cards. They look up at you questioningly. There is a chest on an alter at the back of the room, which probably contains what you are looking for. Two of the people are in normal monk attire, but the third is also wearing a crown of thorns in addition to his monk robes. He seems to be the head priest of the church here.
"Yes? Do you need something?" asks the head priest.

>Sorry, wrong room
>Yeah, gimme the artifact in the chest
>Fight
>>
>Yeah, gimme the artifact in the chest
>>
"Excuse me? No one is allowed to see the sacred cross. Who are you anyway?" The two monks stand up and walk towards you.
"I, uh, just need that cross. please"
The two monks walk over to you "you know, I don't think I've seen you around here before. And we got word of some bandits trying to sneak in" The monks draw their weapons.

Monk - Level 10
hp 100/100
mp 50/50

Monk - Level 10
hp 100/100
mp 50/50

Michael - Level 9
hp 90/90
mp 65/65

>dark sword (1d105)
>icicle (1d40)
>fireball (1d50)
>thunderbolt (1d60)
>smite (0)
>darkness (1d65)
>flash freeze (1d90)
>lesser heal
>heal
>self immolation
>run

Manfred - Level 7
hp 70/70
mp 45/45

>magic sword (0 + 0)
>life transfer (1d35)
>curse (1d65)
>heal
>self immolation
>run

Jim - Level 8
hp 80/80
mp 40/40

>dagger (0)
>screech
>run

----------------------------
You go first. If you want to do the same thing multiple turns in a row, say so and roll the appropriate number of dice
>>
>>366014
whoops, Jim isn't with you. You left him hidden >>354957, since a fox with a dagger taped to his mouth wouldn't blend in very well.
>>
Rolled 17, 25, 76 = 118 (3d105)

>>366014
>dark sword (1d105) x3
Have Manny use life transfer
>>
>>368263
You slash at Monk 1 with your sword of darkness. He jumps backwards as you hit him, and you only deal 17 damage
Manny casts life transfer on Monk 1, and does 33 damage! Manny is already at full health, so it doesn't heal him any.

Monk 1 casts smite on Manny, and deals 27 damage.
Monk 2 casts self immolation. If you hit him with melee attacks you will take damage from the fire.

You again attack Monk 1 with your sword, and hit a bit harder this time, but still only do 25 damage.
Manny casts life transfer on Monk 1. The spell goes exceedingly well, and deals 35 damage, killing Monk 1! This heals Manny for 18 health.

Monk 2 takes 10 damage from being on fire.
Monk 2 casts smite on Manny, dealing 37 damage to him!

You stab Monk 2 with your sword, and deal 76 damage to him. You take 8 damage from the fire.
Manny doesn't have enough mana to cast life transfer again, so he just steps behind you

Monk 2 takes 3 damage from being on fire.
Monk 2 doesn't have enough mana to cast smite, so he takes out a dagger and stabs you for 0 damage (since he only has 20+5 physical attack, and you have 10+25 physical defense)

Since the monk only has 11 health left, you easily finish him off with one last swing of your sword of darkness.
>>
new thread
>>377224
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.