[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40K Sector Builder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Sector Builder.png (109KB, 574x861px) Image search: [Google]
Sector Builder.png
109KB, 574x861px
Sector Asgard Lambda, a beacon of compliance and humble duty, in an era of unrest and rebellion. For the past millennia, Asgard Lambda has been almost completely untouched by the ravages of war, only having to deal with the occasional booming feral Ork population or underhive revolution, though these have always been crushed with minimal losses. However, despite such a track record, the Emperor's Tarot has pointed towards grave danger in the region, and dissent rises as accusations of heresy and corruption are leveled with more and more frequency. Nights in the Sector's capital, Cocalas, have grown long and dangerous, the only thing worse than the string of brutal murders without any rhyme or reason being the reports from overreacting grandmothers and grizzled, weary arbites alike, that there is something lurking in the darkest alleyways and sewers that can only be described as evil. Sharmistha's renowned crops have begun to spoil from never before recorded insects eating the roots, Saeunn's forges have begun to malfunction from seemingly no cause despite the techpriests' best efforts to locate the problem, and there's hushed whispers of mutant cults that worship bloodshed and slaughter forming in the deepest underhives of Senteildis.

The eyes of dark things beyond the veil of reality and gibbering alien horrors have both turned towards Asgard Lambda. Can it withstand the tide?
>>
>>350816
ASSORTED RULES

Every player gets two actions each turn, where they are allowed to either move, recruit more troops, upgrade their existing forces, improve a planet’s defense/recruitment bonus up to a maximum of +60, upgrade the defenses of an orbital tile, attack, or do whatever else they may wish that makes sense in the eyes of the GM. You can not perform the same action twice in the same turn.

Imperials can start on any planet in the sector that isn’t on the edge of the map. Non-Imperials have to start in the edge and in a space tile.

Every tile takes 1 turn to move through, unless otherwise noted.

Changes, such as planets switching hands, don’t take effect until next turn.

After the order is given out to build or improve defenses, it takes an amount of turns equal to the tens number of the defense bonus to get it ready for combat. An attack in the middle of construction automatically cancels it, unless there is a player-led force there to defend it.

Attack rolls against AI are just a single 1d100 roll. Attacks against other players are contested with an attack roll and then a defense roll, plus applicable bonuses.

After every attack on a fortified position, the damage to defenses subtracts one upgrade of 10.

Surrounding a tile gives an automatic +30 to attempts to attack into it. Every five turns a tile spends blockaded (completely surrounded,) it suffers a stacking -10 malus to all rolls.

When defeated, a faction will automatically retreat to the nearest friendly tile. If it is completely surrounded, it will attempt to break the blockade with a +40 bonus. If it is surrounded on the next turn after that, and so on, it will begin to diminish to +30, +20, and +10, finally going down to a minimum of 0. If it cannot receive reinforcements or otherwise retake a foothold, if it is surrounded once again after the bonus reaches 0, it will automatically be removed from play.

Roll results relating to either one of the Dark Gods or the Inquisition (1 or 11) are wildcards, and can either be very, very good, or very, very bad, depending on your situation and what side you’re on.
>>
>>350819
THREAT LEVEL

As the invasions drag on, threat level (starting at 0) will begin to rise to a maximum of 100. This is a representation of the Imperium’s feelings about the situation in the Sector, and if it thinks it deserves any outside assistance. This usually involves extra manpower, munitions, and supplies, but if things get bad enough, it might involve sending an extra regiment or two. And if it looks like they might lose the entire Sector… well, who knows what could happen?

PLANETS OF INTEREST

Sector Capital: Cocolas. To reflect the importance of the capital, it begins play with +30 (+20 plus the +10 from the Forge World) defenses (maximum is still +60). Whatever faction (default Imperial Sector Command) holds Cocolas for either 40 turns after it is first conquered, or for a number of turns equal to the sacred number of their patron god, automatically wins the game. Wiping out all other factions, or owning all tiles (as a non-Imperial faction,) also wins the game. Imperials should try to go for the second victory, as the moment the capital falls, they automatically receive a permanent -30 to all rolls unless taken back. The Imperium losing Cocolas automatically sets Threat to 100.

Forge World: Saeunn. So long as Saeunn stands, all Imperial factions receive an automatic +10 bonus to all combat rolls, attempts to upgrade troops, and a starting bonus to planetary and orbital fortifications (bonus defences can be destroyed while attacking, as normal). Blockading and/or taking Saeunn will replace this with a stacking -10 (combat and upgrades, not the defenses) for every five turns it spends in enemy hands, and will give the +10 bonus to the blockading faction if it has also taken the planet itself (combat and upgrades, not the defenses). The Imperium losing Saeunn automatically adds 20 to Threat.

Agriworld: Sharmistha. Sharmistha grants a +10 to all recruitment and combat rolls so long as it stands in Imperial hands. If Sharmistha is blockaded or conquered, a penalty of -10 will be applied to all Imperial factions making either combat rolls, defensive rolls, or rolls to recruit more units for every five turns it spends in enemy hands. The Imperium losing Sharmistha automatically adds 20 to Threat.

Hive World: Senteildis. All rolls to recruit from here get an automatic +30 bonus (+20 plus the +10 from the Agriworld), and the winding defenses of the underhives make it so there is a permanent +10 fortification bonus which can not be worn down by attacking. The maximum possible bonus still can not go above +60. The Imperium losing Senteildis automatically adds +20 to Threat.
>>
>>350837
Oh, and just a notice; the turn of events aren’t just tied to soulless RNG. There will be dynamic and flavorful random events. As a rule of thumb, act like your character would, and you’ll probably be fine, though understand that the will of the gods are fickle, and sometimes you’ll just get a really shitty roll. Always remember that actions have consequences.

I’m making up all of this on the fly, so feel free to play any kind of army you feel like, assuming it isn’t either retarded or overpowered. I’m gonna wait a bit (about twenty minutes) to get enough people to make things interesting before starting.
>>
Well.

Assuming non-imperial factions make up about 50% of the player base, which is reasonable considering 50% of people play the space marines. They will statistically be booted off pretty much instantly as long as Sharmistha and Saeunn do not fall on the first turn.

All in all, this sounds like a fun game of Dark Heresy and a really really bad strategy game.
>>
>>350853
Necron Tombworld a possible choice for a faction?
>>
>>353368
Sure. Assuming you're starting as rising up in the sector itself, I might actually let you bypass the "starting on the edge and in space" limit.

>>351804
I was planning on giving all of the different factions abilities that balance out against the Imperials, like Orks being able to recruit from anywhere (even in space,) Chaos being able to turn places into Daemon worlds (can't be taken back by anybody but Chaos under that specific god, must be destroyed via special events,) Tyranids getting the chance to destroy planets outright after taking them (which is where almost all of their reinforcements come from,) Tau starting insurgencies by broadcasting propaganda over a blockaded planet, etc. Then again, those planets do look too OP and need rebalancing. Suggestions?
>>
>>353435
do i need any 40k knowledge for this ?
>>
>>353483
It would certainly help, with the focus on events and a bit of RP.
>>
>>353515
well i know the factions (atleast somewhat)
>>
>>353518
Pick what you like the most and we'll go from there.
>>
>>353435
Sure I'm game for doing rising up in the sector itself.
>>
>>353435
Wait so I'm a bit confused (see: Stupid), we pick a faction/race (e.g. Imperium, Chaos, Tau), they have bonuses, and we follow the rules before where we build up and start attacking/defending from others?
>>
>>355906
Exactly, though something more specific such as an Imperial Guard regiment, a Space Marine chapter, or a Word Bearer warband is what I'm looking for.
>>
>>355958
So OLDcron tombworld slowly waking up. Possible seeding of other tombworlds in the sector what else would you want from me?
>>
>>356090
Nothin', that's perfect. Though I wanna wait and see if other people are interested.
>>
>>356176
Ok well I'll head to bed now and keep the thread in my watcher.
>>
>>356177
Night.
>>
>>356179
So if I chose tyranid (who's way of attacking is throwing bodies at a problem till its solved), what bonuses do I get?
>>
>>356273
>The ability to start with unrest via genestealer cults in 1d4 imperial planets of your choosing at the start of the game.

>Start with a massive force, which means you can win most of the time through attrition alone.

>Recruiting takes 1d4 turns instead of just one, but destroys the planets you do it on. You win when either there's no resistance left from other players or the capital has been assimilated.
>>
Is this dead?

Also what are the bonuses of necrons.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.