[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turnip Tale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9

File: Turnip Tale Title.png (83KB, 467x333px) Image search: [Google]
Turnip Tale Title.png
83KB, 467x333px
Welcome to the land of Lonne! It's a simple place, if not a bit overgrown...you see, some time back, a misguided magician tried to stop a famine that had wracked the land for a decade or more. Well, "tried" isn't quite an appropriate word. They were successful!
However, perhaps a bit too successful. The land, once intractable, inhospitable, arid, dusty, harsh...sprang to life! In many and perhaps all senses of the word. The land became a veritable ocean of dense, lush forest...but there was just one teensy caveat: the land itself began to have a bit to act in self-preservation.

Food is abundant, sure, but now it tends to have a bit of a retaliatory nature and getting by day by day is still difficult in its own, new, unique way. Yes, you'd think Heroes would come swarming in for a good Adventure, but, well...there's the problem. They haven't. They can't!
The people of a small village live at the center of this quasi-calamity and they haven't had contact with the world at large since the event itself.
It has no Hero, not really, though that's not to say it doesn't need one- far from it. That said, allow me to introduce our titular character...
>>
File: Turnip Profile.png (64KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
Turnip Profile.png
64KB, 250x360px
>>350489
...this is Turnip. A young boy nicknamed for the rather flashy plume on his rather normal helmet. Which he rarely removes, unless the occasion is absolutely urgently, pressingly dire...or when it's time to sleep.
No, no. He's not a vegetable. And he's not a Hero, either. At least, not yet, not quite. However, he's trying to live up to that title, as no one else seems apt or willing to do it.
His ultimate goal is, well...to keep the town safe! Lately he's been having a bit of trouble sleeping. Every night he dreams of...
>>
File: Heartbeet.png (38KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
Heartbeet.png
38KB, 225x300px
>>350498
...THIS! This is called a Heartbeet. He's not 100% sure what it is or why he's after it, but something, perhaps someone, is telling him that it's the root, if you pardon my phrasing, of this overgrowth that cuts his village off from the rest of the world.
However, that's something we can get more into later. At the moment, he's in a bit of a pickle: he's bitten off a bit more than he can chew while on a Quest for one of the locales in the village. And you have to be his conscience! He's currently facing...
>>
File: Tomatoad.png (32KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
Tomatoad.png
32KB, 300x180px
>>350535
...a gaggle of gribbiting Tomatoads. They're pests, really, but Turnip's been hunting them all day. He's already offed a few of them, but he strayed a bit too close to the lake and they're after him en force.

>His current status:

Turnip

HP: 20/20
SP: 10/10

$$$:12G

Weapon:
Dull Dirk: (1d4+1)

Equipment:
Standard Sallet: +1 DEF
Common Clothing: 0 DEF

Should he...
>Stay and fight! After all, Catlyn said she needed extra tomatoes to cook tonight...
>Run! A few of those buggers got a few good hits earlier and he's not in tip-top shape...
>Other (Write-In)
>>
Full health? We fight, of course.
>>
>>350586
>>350577

Oh! Geez. Sorry, you know what I forgot to alter that.
Turnip's HP is currently

>14/20
>>
>>350577
>Stay and fight! After all, Catlyn said she needed extra tomatoes to cook tonight...
We need to start somewhere.
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

>>350586
>>350641
Turnip feels the split-second urge to make a break for it, but by some combination of his grumbling stomach and natural courage, he turns around to face his assailants! He wasn't about go home with only a handful of tomatoes. Not if he could help it!

He pulls out his worn weapon and eyes up the competition:

Before they have a chance to retaliate, Turnip charges one and takes a swipe...

Tomatoad: 4/4
>>
Rolled 3, 4 = 7 (2d4)

Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOWvi_RQOfQ

>>350677
Turnip gets a solid strike in!
The first Tomatoad croaks, poofing into a cloud of magical smoke, leaving behind a ripe, red tomato...though there's no chance to collect it. He'll have to take out all his assailants first.

The remaining two Tomatoads attack!
>>
>>350703
Turnip winces in pain as the two lash their tongues and strike him square in the chest! His helmet helps protect from a bit of the damage, but he's still not doing too hot.

Turnip

HP: 8/20

Weapon:

Equipment:

>Attack
>Run
>>
>>350721
>>Run
Fight another day.
>>
>>350721
>Attack
>>
>>350721
>Attack
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

>>350738
>>350735
>>350724
Turnip once more feels his instincts tell him to run, but...no! A true Hero stands his ground, even if these Tomatoads are giving him a literal licking...right?
He lets out an exhausted shout and takes a shot at the next Tomatoad he can reach:
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>350760
It manages to get a glancing blow in! The feeble vegetable-monster squirms in pain and immediately hops backward, studying Turnip hungrily as it lets its healthier partner try to get the upper hand:
>>
>>350783
(Sorry, I keep forgetting to add the -1 to the rolls. I AM accounting for it, though)

The third Tomatoad manages to barely nick Turnip by the shoulder, causing him to yelp a bit in pain, but it was far from the worst they've done.

HP: 6/20

Weapon:

Equipment:

>Fight!
>Run!
>>
>>350810
>Fight!
>>
>>350810
I think it's a guaranteed victory at this point (at the cost of tons of health, but still).

We stay and fight.
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

>>350815
>>350818
Feeling victory just around the corner, Turnip shrugs off his latest wound and takes a stab at the next Tomatoad:
>>
>>350873
It follows the first and pomfs in a whiff of smoke, leaving another beautiful, ripe tomato in its place. The wounded Tomatoad sees its friend expire and turns around, seeing that Turnip is no easy meal!

Turnip...
>Goes after it! We're eating GOOD tonight!
>Heads home. It's not worth another potential bruise or cut...or angering more of them.
>>
>>350900
>Heads home. It's not worth another potential bruise or cut...or angering more of them.
>>
>>350900
No reason not to go after it.
I mean, I guess angering more of them is kind of scary but they seem like mercurial creatures and they'll probably be frightened off anyways.
>>
Do we have a third to act as a tie-breaker?
>>
>>350924
Do this.
>>
>>350900
>Goes after it! We're eating GOOD tonight!
>>
>>350900
>>Goes after it! We're eating GOOD tonight!
Free food.
>>
File: Catlyn.png (32KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Catlyn.png
32KB, 200x300px
>>350924
>>350928
>>350981
Turnip briefly considers going after the straggler, but decides that "live and let live" isn't too bad a philosophy...at least, with him in his current state. He scoops up the additional spoils he scored and puts them in his bag, finding the main forest path and following it home.

After an hour-long trek, the sore Turnip finally hits a clearing in the woods, seeing the familiar structures of his small village. He finds his way to the local inn & tavern. He waits a minute 'til Catlyn, one of the owners, comes out. Her lips curl in a happy smile as she sees the small pile of tomatoes her helper had acquired, though she quickly clucks as she notices the small rips, tears, nicks and bruises that Turnip was sporting.

"Tsk! Ohhh, hon...you really got into a mess of trouble this time, didn't you?" she fawned, tenderly plucking at a few tattered pieces of his shirt."

Turnip manages to keep a tough visage for her, trying to modestly waive it off as no big deal...he explains that after all, he had to make sure Catlyn got everything she wanted!
He thinks that sounded rather heroic.

She's more than pleased with his findings and gives him a handful of gold pieces for his work and a few extra for his "Valiance".
She helps clean up the worst of his wounds (+2HP) and after some time, gives him some of the lunch she'd prepared: A B.L.T with fried tomatoes on the side!
She also has a talk with Mallard, who runs the inn, and manages to get Turnip's room and board waived for the night!

>Status
Turnip

HP: 8/20

$$$:20G

Weapon:

Equipment:

Skills:
None

Bag:
Sandwich w/ side (+6HP)

It's the afternoon now, but Turnip still potentially has the day ahead of him! What should he do?
>Visit the Marketplace
>Sleep (+10HP) [FREE]
>Check the Quest Board
>Other (Write-In)
>>
(Sorry, I know fighting was the ultimate vote, but I was half-way through writing that fat ol' post when it got majority, so...I guess I just went with what was faster. Sorry, your votes really do count!)
>>
>>351196
>Visit the Marketplace
It helps if you take long to write to tell the anons beforehand that you started writing so you dont have to deal with salt.
>>
>>351196
Visit the Marketplace. 20G is nothing to sneeze at.

>>351212
Don't worry about it. Being a QM is tough work.
>>
>>351224
>>351230
Yeah, I already figured I probably should've broke that up into two pieces. I'll be more responsive next time!
>>
>>351196
>>Visit the Marketplace
We can visit the quest board right after or in the morning after we freshen up.
>>
>>351224
>>351230
>>351295

Turnip says good bye to Catlyn, who gives him a tired smile as he leaves. The Marketplace is relatively bare bones, given how import from other places is, well, impossible, but it still has a decent selection of wares to choose from at a glance.

Shops:

[3G] Fire Bomb: (3d4) damage!

[20G] Studded Duds: +0.5 DEF
A well-padded set of clothes peppered with metal studs for added protection!

[15G] Hand Crossbow: (3)
>A ranged weapon that does consistent, average, damage. Ineffective against shields. Can be used in Turnip's offhand.

[1G] 5x Crossbow Bolts

Also near the Marketplace is a clearing for training, by the Blacksmith's shop, and at the edge of town is Blockulus' cottage, which serves as a magic shoppe, alchemy lab, and, for more serious cases, a hospital, as the village lacks a dedicated healer of any kind.

Pick 1 or 2:
>Shop (Select item)
>Sleep (+10HP) [FREE]
>Check the Quest Board
>Training Grounds
>Blockulus' Cottage
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>351385
>>Check the Quest Board
>>
>>351385
>Blockulus' Cottage
2 Firebombs.
>>
>>351385
>[20G] Studded Duds: +0.5 DEF
>Check the Quest Board
>>
>>351404
Seconded.
Alternatively, getting 2 Firebombs and checking the Quest Board wouldn't be bad.
>>
>>351385
Let's buy some healing potions if possible, then check the Quest Board.
>>
>>351419
>>351391
>>351404
>>351407

Going with
>2 Firebombs
>Quest Board

You leave a few coins on the stall close by Blockulus' cottage, which is run by his owl, Kip, and you take a few of the fire bombs.
Turnip figures it might be worthwhile to save up for armor next time, if those Tomatoads were giving him a rough time.
He goes back to the front of the Inn and looks over the quests he didn't take that morning. Most Quests are offered on a day-to-day basis:

[Dear, Dear, Diary: EASY]
One of the little girls in town dropped her journal while wandering the forest yesterday. She wants it back before her parents find out that she was out past the village boundaries! It's around the lake, somewhere.

[Scoring Some Spices: NORMAL]
Catlyn needs a few herbs that only grow in the deeper part of the woods by tomorrow morning. Stock-and-board fetch quest!

[Troublesome Tuber: HARD]
Something's been trampling the few pieces of farmland they village has managed to cultivate. However, nothing has been sighted, as it mostly happens at night.

>>351452
Blockulus might have a Health Tonic or two.
You likely only have time to complete one quest today:
Pick 1 (2 if you don't take a Quest):
>Take Quest (Select which)
>Shop (Select item)
>Sleep (+10HP) [FREE]
>Check the Quest Board
>Training Grounds
>Blockulus' Cottage
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>351535
>[Troublesome Tuber: HARD]
>Sleep (+10HP) [FREE]
>>
>>351535
Training Grounds is worth checking out.
>>
>>351535
Might as well knock this one out. We have that BLT Catlyn gave us so we might be fine. Maybe hit the Training Grounds if we still have time to kill before the quest.
>>
>>351535
>Sleep
>>
Turnip takes the posting for this quest, thinking that if something or things have been harassing the farms around town, they've gotta be put in their place.

He's not quite sure what he should do before he heads out, though.
On one hand, catching a bit of rest would put him in better health, on the other, getting in a bit of training could be valuable before facing...well, whatever is out there.

Turnip should...
>Sleep (+10HP) [FREE]
>Train
>>
>>351613
>Sleep (+10HP) [FREE]
>>
>>351613
>>Train
>>
>>351613
>Sleep (+10HP) [FREE]

From an RP perspective, we've just fought a battle and lost a lot of health. We're going to be tired and we'll want to sleep.
>>
>>350489
Oh cool I was wondering when this would begin.
>>
>>351613
>>351658
I'd go with Train because it's been a while since then, we've already had a few of our wounds bandaged and I doubt we'd lose too much health in a training ground anyways.
>>
File: Mallard.png (18KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Mallard.png
18KB, 160x160px
>>351658
>>351616
>>351645
Turnip decides to get a bit of rest, especially after the condition those Tomatoads left him in.
He approaches the desk where the Innkeeper, Mallard, is sitting doing...some kind of paperwork. He reaches under the counter, scrounges for some keys, and gives you one.
Turnip will never understand why he doesn't let him just keep his room key, but...that's business, he supposes.
He catches several hours of sleep, waking up well into the night. He decides to head to the farm most recently disturbed by the mystery creature.
He'll have to be extra careful...night is when the bolder monsters and less scrupulous things tend to skulk about!
He gets to the farm after about an hour, seeing a rather large set of footprints that destroy a decent chunk of the cultivated areas. They seem to eventually lead into the woods. However, Turnip also notices some graffiti on a barn wall that reads "L & C wuz here...how you doin"

The graffiti seems to leave a trail of its own, winding off into the other direction.
Should Turnip...

>Follow the giant footprints. Something big might eventually try and get into the village.
>Follow the smaller sets of footprints. If there are troublemakers in the village already, they've gotta be put down!
>>
>>351660
Good to have you, man! Hopefully you don't mind slightly-sluggish update speeds and strenuously acceptable doodles.
>>
>>351744
>Slightly-sluggish update speeds and strenuously acceptable doodles.
Sounds like my quest. I'll have to start reading when my session is over but you art is really nice.
>>
>>351736
Based on the name and rank of the quest the thing causing the destruction is probably a giant yam-monster (unless it's deliberately misleading). Also, that grafitti seems pretty innocuous.

Giant footprints!
>>
>>351736
>>Follow the giant footprints. Something big might eventually try and get into the village.
Quests first, justice can come after.
>>
File: Poutato.png (18KB, 200x272px) Image search: [Google]
Poutato.png
18KB, 200x272px
>>351760
>>351762
Figuring that whatever hooligans defaced that will get what's coming to them, Turnip follows the giant footprints. He goes slowly, not wanting to lose the trail, or get lost himself, as well as to keep a good ear on his surroundings. After a few moments, he comes to a small clearing, where several trees had been toppled. Near one, he finds...well...a rather stuffy starchy creature. It notices Turnip and grumbles to itself. It's decently large, a bit bigger than Turnip.

What does Turnip do?
>Fight! This thing wrecked valuable property!
>Chastise. It's the diplomatic way to go, but...maybe it'll work?
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>351808
>Fight! This thing wrecked valuable property!
>>
>>351808
It appears to be sentient.
Chastise it softly.
>>
>>351817
>Chastise it softly.
I dunno, this guy seems like he might be a bit stiff. Maybe a he needs a stern talking to.
>>
>>351817
>>351826
Begins to wag his finger, telling the grumpy thing that he should be wrecking other people's things, just 'cause he's a bit huffy.
It whines a bit at this and begins to ready for a retort when...
>>
File: oh.png (24KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
24KB, 280x200px
>>351835
...a massive foot crushes it from overhead.
>>
File: Potatogre.png (37KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
Potatogre.png
37KB, 240x360px
>>351839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HUaLZyBNeY

...from just beyond the clearing comes a creature at least...AT LEAST twice Turnip's height. Oh. THIS is DEFINITELY the culprit.
It's missing its arms, but this is one big boy. It roars as it enters the clearing, looking down at Turnip with its one good, not-lazy eye. It roars and moves closer, intent on trying to crush Turnip in the same manner!

Turnip feels compelled to...
>Fight! This thing can't be allowed to wreak havoc any more!
>Run! AHHHHHHHHHHHH
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>351857
>Fight! This thing can't be allowed to wreak havoc any more!
We can just kite it with fire bombs and maybe try to trip it since it has no arms
>>
A quick refresher on Turnip's status:

>Status
Turnip

HP: 18/20

$$$:14G

Weapon:

Equipment:

Bag:
BLT w/ Side: (+6HP)
Firebomb x2 (3d4 damage)
>>
>>351857
It's unarmed, but it has a leg up on us. Let's throw a bomb at it, while we've got some distance.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 1 + 1 = 7 (3d4 + 1)

>>351866
>>351873
Swallowing the initial horror watching a more-likely-than-not innocent monster get crushed under foot, Turnip reaches into his bag and chucks a Firebomb at the Potatogre while he still has a bit of distance on it!
>>
>>351900
Attempt to trip it
>>
>>351900
As much as I hate to say this, where does the +1 come from?

Also, if you're asking to be prompted, I think we should start slowly backing off, preparing to run in the opposite direction from the village.
>>
>>351957
General strength bonus. Basically like the firebomb's impact itself doing a smidge of damage.
>>
>>351924
>>351957
The creature roars in a mix of agony and irritation as the clay urn explodes on its hide, coating it in an unnatural, green fire. The flames licking at it cause it to wince and squint as it doesn't stop advancing on Turnip. With its big strides, it'll be on him soon!
Turnip starts backing up slowly, making sure not to trip on anything, as well as anything of use to potentially trip the titanic tuber. He sees a few vines strewn about, but with the creature focused on him, he likely won't have the time to gather them up and rope them about his legs.

The Potatogre takes an additional 1 fire damage

Potatogre: 8/??

Turnip...
>Attacks!
>Runs!
>Uses an item! (What/How)
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>352008
Try to throw a fire bomb at its legs to take one of them out
>>
>>352008
So the +1 on Dirk is the same STR mod? Cool.
Also, throw your other firebomb. Chances are you'll be repaid more than enough gold for this quest.
>>
>>352008
Use a bomb on the ground, making it into a easy to fall in fire pit if Potatogre is this braindead he'll continue walking and trip into the pit, turning him into a giant baked potato.
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 1 + 1 = 6 (3d4 + 1)

>>352017
>>352025
>>352035
Turnip quickly reaches into his bag and extracts the second Firebomb. He aims for the legs, hoping it'll give him the opening he needs...or if not, possibly hazard the terrain for the large creature...
>>
>>352059
...it roars once more, wobbling unsteadily on as one of its legs ignites in green fire as well. It teeters for a second, trying desperately to find footing and failing. It seems to need just one push to go topplings and...

The Potatogre takes an additional 2 fire damage

THOOOOOOOM
The giant falls on its back, rolling to try and quell the fire!
Turnip now has the upper hand!

Turnip...
>Attacks!
>Runs!
>Uses an item! (What/How)
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>352091
>Climb up and stab at it's good eye!
>>
>>352091
>Turnip

HP: 18/20

Weapon:

Equipment:

Bag:

>Potatogre: 16/??
>>
>>352091
Throw the vines and kindling on it, to make the fire bigger.
>We're eating good tonight, boys
>>
>>352097
>>Attacks!
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

>>352096
>>352105
>>352107
Turnip grabs some twigs...whatever he can lump on top of it! If that doesn't fuel the fire, it might at least tangle it up a bit more!
He takes his Dull Dirk in hand and charges at it, trying to get a good stab in on the massive beast!
>>
Rolled 8 + 4 (1d8 + 4)

The beast's thrashing is still dangerous in and of itself, even if it's not actively trying to harm Turnip!
Turnip takes...
>>
>>352138
The hell? I coulda sworn I put a negative on that roll. Well let's just say it's a negative, either way.
8 - 4 = 4
Turnip takes 4 Damage as the Potatogre thrashes about!
>>
>>352143
The Potatogre takes an additional 2 Fire Damage as it writhes around on the forest floor!

>Turnip

HP: 14/20

Weapon:

Equipment:

Bag:

>Potatogre: 22/??

It's a bit hard to tell what with all the thrashing and fire, but...it seems like the creature's really taken a beating! It has to be close to death now!
>>
>>352150
More kindling, possibly some herbs too, we're going to be feeding the village tonight.
>>
>>352150
Go for the eyes
>>
>>352150
Just let it burn itself out?
>>
>>352173
It's actively trying to put itself out. And they might if it keeps up its rolling and thrashing long enough. No telling if the DoT will be enough to finish it.
>>
>>352179
In that case throw more kindling (from a distance), bake this potato
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

>>352162
>>352168
>>352184
It's hard to see what's dry and what's not with the forest so starkly lit, but Turnip heaps it on top of him anyhow. It seems to keep the fire going, though it seems that it's only prolonging the Potatogre's efforts a bit. If this thing doesn't croak soon, it's gonna be P-I-essed.

The Potatogre takes an additional 2 Fire Damage

With that in mind, Turnip takes his Dirk in hand and tries a risky, if not more long-term solution! He goes for the eyes, trying to avoid its thrashing!
>>
Rolled 7 + 4 (1d8 + 4)

>>352198
Turnip doesn't manage to hit the eyes, but still gets a good hit in! The Potatogre thrashing more, attempting to put out the dimming flames and possibly hitting Turnip in the process...
>>
>>352202
Chop off a leg, if the fire goes out I don't want him standing up
>>
>>352202
No clue why it's turning my - into a +
Anyone know if there's a special modifier I use for negatives?

Anyhow.
The giant's thrashing does 3 Damage to Turnip!

>>Turnip

HP: 11/20

Weapon:

Equipment:

Bag:

>>Potatogre
26/??

Its thrashing is getting a lot weaker. It seems ready to kick the bucket as it were!
>>
>>352214
You need to put a + then a - right afterwards with no spaces I think.
Like this, dice+1d1+-4
>>
>>352219
That's kinda wonky, but NOTED.
Thanks, friendo.
>>
Rolled 12 - 5 (1d20 - 5)

>>352219
That right? I didn't know that was a thing you could do. Testing it out.
>>
>>352214
>Attempt a Coup de gras while it's weakened
>>
Rolled 3, 3 + 1 = 7 (2d4 + 1)

The creature is starting to tire out and lower its guard! Turnip lets out a mighty battle cry as he charges towards the smoldering titan. He raises his weapon high and attempts to deliver a killing blow!
>>
>>352233

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj239102zz8

With a final, lamenting ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAR the Potatogre goes limp...before exploding into a massive fog of magical smoke. Where it was laying is, oddly enough, a pile of potatoes! Already baked! Odder than that, there's a shimmering, egg-shaped core left behind. Curious indeed!

Turnip looks around. It might not have seemed like it, but several hours have gone by, and even the trees can't conceal the encroaching light of dawn...he leans against a tree, the strain of his efforts starting to catch up to him.
He scoops up the pile of potatoes into his bag, knowing those must be safe enough to take and consume. However, he looks at the egg-like core with wary intrigue. He's never seen anything like that before. It could be useful...but it could be dangerous.

Should Turnip take it, too?
>Yes
>No
>>
>>352252
>Yes
>>
>>352252
>Take it
Maybe we can hatch a tater tot
>>
>>352252
>Yes
Boss drops are always a good thing.
>>
>>352252
Yes, we're making enchanted... potato cat, pets.
>>
>>352269
Maybe it's a snap dragon egg? I'm all for food puns
>>
>>352257
>>352258
>>352266
>>352269
Turnip figures that something like this could only prove beneficial...it has to be good if it came from such a big, terrifying creature, right?

With his bags heavy with his spoils, he trods back to town, following the clearing that the Potatogre had originally made. He pauses by the defaced barn against to look at the graffiti earlier, shaking his head at whoever "L & C" are. He wearily makes his way to the Inn, finds his room, and collapses onto the bed, resolving to claim his rewards after some well-deserved rest.
>>
That'll have to do it for me, for now. Getting a bit later and a good victory like that seems to be a good stopping point for now. For reference, Status is currently:

>>Turnip

HP: 11/20

Weapon:

Equipment:

Bag:
Baked Potato x8 (+2HP each)
Weird Potato Core?
>>
If anyone has comments or feedback, it's always appreciated. Still not an expert QM by ANY stretch of the imagination.

I won't be able to pick up again 'til Monday at least, if the same time works out for anyone still wanting to participate next time.
>>
>>352287
Good artwork, engaging text. So far so good OP
>>
>>352303
Thanks, man! Means a lot! I'll try and keep it up, then!
>>
>>352287
The exposition dump at the beginning was really entertaining/engaging which kind of died down and got more generic over time. That might be what you're going for but planting some more long-term seeds would be really nice.

Also, maybe drawing the town layout and stuff like that would add to it although maybe you're just reserving it for characters and stuff. It'd also be nice if you used colours more like with status formatting and stuff as well as pointing out item gains/drops more (like the tomato slices from the tomato toads even though they weren't really a big deal). To be fair, this quest is still young and has a lot of potential and I like what you're doing so far!

I'm new to this too, feel free to ignore absolutely everything I say.
>>
>>352356
Naw, every bit of info helps.
Yeah I put a lot more care in the intro post...I'll make sure the next part's a bit more carefully written, too! I just wanted to make sure there was action and not to scare people away with loads of exposition.

But in any case, I'll work on it! I'll get a basic town layout drawn up for next time.
Thanks for participating, man!
>>
>>352287
great artist; i like the lighthearted nature. might wanna spice up the quest a little bit with some big overarching mysteries/conflicts to keep players motivated
>>
>>352356
I whole-heartedly agree with this post. It was like something from a story book! I want to see more of that if possible.
>>
>>352474
Hey, thanks! That's real flattering.
>Spice up the quest a little bit with...
Already workin' on it! Gonna put a bit more effort in the in-between parts of the story. Gonna flesh out the town a bit more and do a bit more storytelling, as it were. Thanks for reading/participating, friendo!

>>352638
Workin' on it! Thanks for the feedback, mang!

>>352638
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.