[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dwarf Fortress GURPS Sandbox Qst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Emanicen.jpg (158KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
Emanicen.jpg
158KB, 816x816px
Let's play a GURPS sandbox campaign using a world generated from Dwarf Fortress. You'll all control and roll for 1 (or more) character through votes/suggestions. I'll be using all of the history, sites, civilizations, gods, monsters and people that the game generates, adjusting everything where necessary to have everything make sense.

First things first, character creation:

You have the standard 100 points. We'll be using GURPS lite for most stuff:: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/3e/gurpslite.pdf

But, if there's something you really want that's not in there, as long as it fits/is awesome, it's in. Whichever character gets highest votes will be the MC. But don't fear! Any character not chosen will be put into the game as a "special" NPC's which the MC might encounter later.

And now let's begin!

Pic related, is the current hamlet you are in, Emanicen "Birdssave". You may pick from 3 races: Human, Elf or Dwarf.
>>
Also, please feel free to use character creation tools like: https://vonexplaino.com/code/gurps/

and: http://gurpscharactersheet.com/

To speed up the process.
>>
>>349567
>Elf
>>
>>349589
Writing for a hermit character, not sure if I'm doing it right but give me some time.
>>
>>349753
Cool, take your time.

Meanwhile, here's some background info about the world:

The dominant civilizations in Zusa Slospu are "The Weak Union" (human), "The Amber Post" (Dwarven, but on their last legs), "The Ivory Menace" (Goblin), and "The Larks of Reticence" (Elf, but they were destroyed).

Goblins are most numerous, with Humans close behind. The dwarves have been pushed to the brink of extinction by the goblins. The elven civilization was annihilated by the humans in a prolonged war. The few remaining elves are nothing more than refugees and 2nd class citizens in Human, Dwarf and even Goblin, territories. 2 years ago, the humans sacked the last known Elven settlement, laying waste to the once powerful 'Larks of Reticence'.

The world is in a period of stasis right now, politically. There are no major ongoing wars ("The Cremated Conflict" is all but a matter of paperwork now), yet, the winds of change are upon these lands. The silence of the goblins for the past 20 or so years hangs grim over the heads of the dwarves and men alike. Evil makes its moves in the shadows, and soon will come to light.

Creatures fell and terrible wander the lands as walking abominations of the gods, destroying and pillaging however they please. Banditry is common and profitable. Governments are corrupt and those in power have grown fat over the spoils of war and genocide.

There is opportunity here as well as danger, an adventurer's paradise -- or hell.
>>
>>349919
Right couple questions,
1 this character is illiterate, what is the point bonus
2 this character has a Stone Age understanding of tech, what is the point bonus
And thirdly it is stated that we are supposed to make a standard 100 point character, so does that mean that I'm supposed to drop that to zero? Or keep it at 100? How do I work it.
>>
>>349919
You there op?
>>
Well alright lurkers in the span of an hour I managed to draft a character sheet that is apparently worthless for this quest now since op is dead. But I might as well post it for nerds who want to use this character format in the same system.

Doug the elven hermit

10 stats in every attribute except int which will be 21 (200)
Ambidextrous 10
Skinny -5
Hideous appearance (-4 reaction roll) -20
Completely unkept hygienically (habit, -3 to reaction rolls) -15

Social standing
-4 penalty to reputation roll -20
Outsider (-3 reaction rolls +3 In home culture group) -15
Disgusting hermit social status (additional -4 reaction debuf) -20

Wealth level
-earnings method: collecting trinkets and getting into shenanigans (??? A week, highly unreliable job)
-living conditions: poor -15

Homies
-dour, standard npc, brother and friend. Co-partner in madness, shows up quite often 10

Advantages/disadvantages
-Common sense 10
-Danger sense 15
-Double jointed 5
-absolute direction 5
-immune to disease 10
-night vision 10
-ridiculous luck 60
-level 3 magical aptitude 35
-illiterate ???
-cowardice -10
-Greed -15
-Compulsive gypsite behavior of trying to Jew people 24/7 -15
-impulsiveness -10
-miserly -10
-Stone Age tech understanding ???

Skills
-camouflage
-disguise
-acting
-acrobatics
-escape
-climbing
-holdout
-jumping
-running
-navigation
-shadowing
-pick pocketing
-Lock picking
-merchant
-stealth
-swimming
-survival
-knife proficiency
-sling proficiency
-throwing
-tracking
-gesture
-traps

Equipment
-shitstained rags
-trusty old small knife
-trusty old sling
-shabby box of sacred (shekels) trinkets

This should add up to zero with some slight tweaks here and there
>>
>>350035
>>350200
>>350334
I'm still here, sorry about that.

1. You get -5 points for illiteracy (semi-illiteracy is the norm)
2. You get -5 points for Stone Age tech understanding

100 points means you have 100 points to spend to make your character, so drop it to zero (or as close as you can get it)

Otherwise your character looks pretty cool. If I get a second vote on it, I will make a character sheet for it, for easy reference
>>
>>350859
Neat.
Thanks for responding, I vote on putting the extra 10 into 2 levels of alertness. Hopefully extra anons will jump in
>>
>>350931
Actually, would you mind specifying:

a. Your appearance
b. Your odious personal habits

Also am I right in assuming your skills are all the first level?

I'm currently putting this character through the generator and I should have a sheet done soon
>>
>>350991
Yup all skills are first. Level for a nice spread
The appearance is practically not even elvish, it's a face that's seen so many years of abuse and exposure to the elements it's hard to see if this bastard is even alive or not. Rotted sections of face especially at the cheeks and some lost hair as well as uneven coloration of the eyes.

As for the habit it revolves around a complete lack of hygiene and actively doing stupid things to make it worse, examples being pushing teeth out of the mouth with the tongue or scratching the scalp to get rid of ticks that aren't even there, wiping the bum profusely after taking a massive shit trying to take out tapeworms but really just making rashes and openings to grow more tapeworms.
>>
>>351122
Adequately disgusting.

However checking your character I've found hat you are over quite a few (>85) points (mostly because of the +200 points you dropped on genius level intelligence).

Please try using this website:

https://vonexplaino.com/code/gurps/

to build and tweak your character and then post/upload the exported png.
>>
>>351201
Oh shit bio I'm on it
>>
>>351201
this is fucking genius, put the int down to 18 and have a complete intolerance for other elves. It makes an interesting story that in the past mc Doug H conspired to take revenge on his fellow elves in a way he never told anyone not even his bro. He let the goblins into his home and let the savages burn and kill his relatives and bullies and every other stupid motherfucker that ever treated him like shit. And when he escaped from home with his brother watching and hearing the screams and the mother tree burn, he was treated the same way in every other elven settlement occupied by his people, he lacked everything and was made fun for it and now he hates every fucking elf with his heart, mind and even dick. No elven maiden would ever make him hard again, the stupid whores.

>this is going to be a very hard, very entertaining quest. I feel it in my bones
>>
>>351313
You're still up way too many points. Actually you advantages are greater than your disadvantages (point-wise).

If you like I can just build the character based on the info you've given so far, taking away/adding certain things, or alternatively you can go to the website I referred above and give it a shot yourself.
>>
>>351346
Well just drop the into to 17 then because
21-4 on the scale takes away 100 points to the pool bringing it up to 15 and then complete intolerance adds 10 back

So just add the 5 points into taking away a level of destructive hygiene habits and its net 0
>>
>>351435
>into
I mean int/iq
>>
>>351435
>>351446
Ok, sounds good. I'm writing up the character sheet now. I would've liked to wait for more people, but meh, if you build it they will come, right? So lets just go. I'll start once I've finished the character sheet
>>
>>351454
Well this character is the perfect catalyst of entertainment for larping shitposters so we won't have any trouble finding an audience. Prepare for the spoofs tho.
>>
File: Doug.png (270KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Doug.png
270KB, 1700x2200px
>>351468
kek, I'm prepared. And pic related the character sheet. I took some liberties where necessary to accommodate everything (I couldn't find certain adv/disadv in the basic set so they were omitted).
>>
File: Doug 2.png (106KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Doug 2.png
106KB, 1700x2200px
>>351583
pg 2
>>
>>351591
So when do we start?
>>
You are Doug the Elf, born in the southwestern forests that once belonged to the now fallen civilization of Elves. You were treated as dirt among your people and when the war with the humans raged on, you helped them infiltrate your home land and watched them kill and torture your people. As a mercy and favor for your treachery, they spared you. You wandered the forests of your people, but found no solace among them.

Thus you, and your brother, fled the lands of your birth and wandered as outcasts upon the wide the wide earth. In so doing, you have learned much and suffered greatly. But the cost of this has been total disconnection from the ways of society.

You are a pitiful, ugly, greedy, disgusting, and disagreeable elf, hated by all and spit upon on sight by children.

But thus far have you survived, and that is more than you can say for much of your race. The humans treat you as second class citizens, little more than slaves, but you are used to such treatment from your own people and it does not bother you anymore.

You have come a long way from your homeland, across jungles and swamps and over mountains to the northern coasts. You are in the village of Emanicen (see OP pic), a fully human village.

Yet, why have you come here?
>>
>>351649
To Jew the populace of what it's worth, to see schemes run in perfect tangent and hear the lamentation of the authorities

Also what season is it.
>>
>>351664
It's a chilly Autumn morn, the wind is crisp and hints at the coming cold of winter. But the sun is strong and heavy on your back.

The people here are simple and lead quiet lives of mediocrity. Children run around the fields and menfolk and womenfolk tend to them. They all regard you with suspicion and disgust as you walk along the road..

You are unlikely to find any real accommodation here. What would you like to do?
>>
This quest is so stupid. Too bad I'm tired as fuck, might stick around for a few hours.
>>351664
>calls other anons larping shot posters
>makes that comment

>>351688
Just get a good idea of the land
>>
(Last post for now, I'll continue later if at least one other person posts, no sense in continuing a quest with only one person playing)

The hamlet of Emanicen is close to the sea and a river runs through the center of the town which leads directly to the ocean. There are a few houses in the center of the village, where the humans live, about 5 or 6 families. There is also a small castle in the outskirts (the purple box) where, you presume, the Lord or Lady of this village resides.

The rest is abundant farmland and cropland. Nothing of interest or note.
>>
>>351726
Thx for trying to run senpai
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.