[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1440970315995.png (6MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1440970315995.png
6MB, 1500x6400px
3 votes to pick our place and our race. 1d20's for actions, 1d100s for ideas, standard rules.
>>
Gnolls, Forest
>>
>>348355

Gurkha harpies in the Not!Himalayas.

Or, second this if it's a tie.
>>
>>348355
Seconding
>>
OP, now that the majority vote seems to be for gnolls, can you do something that I always thought was super cool?

I once saw an OP do a gnoll quest where he let us pick our "race".

As in, we gave us setting and animal-folk options like:

A. Tundra- Wolverine

B. Desert- Jackal

etc.

I always thought that was a cool twist on the gnoll concept.
>>
>>348387
Alright, I can do that.

Give me a moment.
>>
You are members of the pack, the brood of the great den-mother Azarya. Your kind are the firstborn of the den-mother, before all other monsters and all other men, and all across the world, you hunt. Where does your pack roam?

>The Frozen North, where men only appear in their ships to fish or to live in tents, among the bears, the trolls and the things that are wild? This would make you heirs of the Arctic Fox, nimble and cunning, with the ruthlessness of the north in their blood. Your people are nomadic and tribal, living in small migratory famillies.

>The Thawed Steppe, Where men roam on their great horses, and your people live from the land, feeding themselves from their herds? This would make you heirs to the great Mastiffs (Pic related), sturdy and powerful, prone to great bursts of fury.

>The Great Savanaah's Grass, Where men dwell in small tribes, rearing cattle and farming plants. Your people live in their own small settlements, and this land would make you Trueborn, heirs to the Hyena. Cunning, Brutal and overwhelmingly vicious.

>The Great Savanaah's Desert, Where men do not dwell, among the great termite mounds and scattered acacias, the burial grounds of the old packs. This would make you Lastborn, Aardwolfs, the rarest, smallest, and wisest of your kind, who feed on insects, but know the secrets whispered by Azarya in her dieing breath, and by knowing these things, some say, perform magic.

>The Great Poison Water, as it meets the Savanaah?, Where men dwell in huge cities, built of stone, and your people dwell as mercenaries and soldiers. This would make you Midborn, heirs of the wolf.

>The many isles, as they sit in the Poison Water?, where men dwell in tribes upon each island,. and your people are raiders, devouring settlements whole from small canoes. This would make you heirs to the Sea-Lions, wolves of the poison water, with teeth that may tear apart men, and minds that intuitively know the poison water's secrets.

>Or are you of another type, another form entirely? Please do tell from which beast you descend, and where you have found your home? (Write in)
>>
File: Ferocity.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ferocity.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>348421
Crap, wrong picture, try this one::
>>
>>348426

Whelp- that's going to be my vote.
>>
>>348421
>The Great Poison Water, as it meets the Savanaah?, Where men dwell in huge cities, built of stone, and your people dwell as mercenaries and soldiers. This would make you Midborn, heirs of the wolf
>>
>>348431
Are you wanting Tibet or Mongols? I'd personally prefer Tibet because it's hard to think of what a Khanate of Mastiff-People would ride and farm.

>>348442
We can do Coastal Tibetan Mastiffs?
>>
>>348484

Oh yes.
>>
>>348421
>>The Thawed Steppe, Where men roam on their great horses, and your people live from the land, feeding themselves from their herds? This would make you heirs to the great Mastiffs (Pic related), sturdy and powerful, prone to great bursts of fury.

Great poison water would also be cool though if there's a tie
>>
>>348421
I was hoping for sea lion gnolls but it seems I'm outvoted.
>>
>>348522
>>348484
>>348431

Alright, Tibetan Mastiff Gnolls, In something like Bangladesh Tibet.

A roaring bark reverberates through the pass, and soon another follows it, like a tearing rip through the air, like thunder. The darkness itself seems to be forced away by the bellowing of it, along with the crackling fire. Around the fire, a battle rages. Two of the mastiffs snap at each other, one of them old, his red hair turned to rust and grey, and one young and vigorous, his fur bright and glossy. The two circle, fire shining against them, attacking one another with quick darting snaps of teeth and with small hammers. Bones shatter as the stone hammers slam into flesh, and skin is torn apart by snapping teeth.

The younger fighter seems to be winning, crushing his enemy's hammer and breaking the bones of his hand with a crunch and launching into close quarters fighting with the older man, claws tearing viciously at his throat, over and over, until the older man lies, spluttering by the fireside, choked on his blood. The victor devours the loser, and the body is kicked upon the fire.

Ra'Ket, the victor, is given a bronze bell, the icon of his ruler-ship over the tribe, and he retires to think. Your people sit at camp on the mountainside. To the south along a mountain path is a series of villages, and the north leads to the sea. Your people are relaxing in a valley, having devoured a herd of yak.
>>
>>348672
How many Gnolls do we have?
>>
>>348672
Let's start heading south and encamping
>>
>>348844
I vote for this
>>
>>348672
How many are we?
What is the valley like? like? temperate, tundra, topical.
>>
>>348844
Encamp in the south, I don't want any merfolk coming out of the sea to bumrush us.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.