[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superhero Siblings Quest 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

File: Super Image.jpg (9KB, 332x270px) Image search: [Google]
Super Image.jpg
9KB, 332x270px
My alarm rings, alerting me that once again it is time for school. As I get dressed I once again wish I had a better power than "slightly stronger than somebody else of the same physical build." Sure, I can curl 40 pounds where someone else might curl 30 or 35, but that's not such a great thing. My sisters are much better off. Sure, Carol will never be a hero, but at least she can do something that a little hard work can't. Mary might one day be considered a real hero, the lucky little shit. I guess I Was the least lucky of the family. As I eat breakfast in silence and head off to school, I continue to ponder my dilemma. I know I can turn a seemingly useless power into a useful tool. Dad's telling me all the time "Just because you are different doesn't mean you are less." I know he's trying to keep my spirit up, but I feel no better than a regular guy with super parents.An alchemist mother and a builder father, how did I even get "a little extra" strength? I can definitely understand Mary's power, and maybe even Carol's, but I just feel like a normal person. I go through the day at school with these thoughts in my head. As I'm heading to my car I see Carol with a few people around her. That's unusual, as she is so shy, and became even more shy since her entrance to high school.

>Wat do?
>>
>>347045
Go talk to them.
>>
File: zyzz-peak.jpg (42KB, 502x799px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz-peak.jpg
42KB, 502x799px
>>347045
obviously our power hasn't been fully awakened

time to become a sick cunt brah
>>
>>347045
Take a quick look and then head to the gym.
>>
Testing
>>
>>347889
Testing how to post on 4chan?
>>
I head over the group of people, concerned that my little sister might be in trouble, but hoping that she just made some friends. As I get closer I can see that there are mostly boys there, and Carol looks pale as a ghost.. 'Great,' I think, 'She's fading out.' I get close enough to hear what's being said, it seems the guys are alternately hitting on her and making fun of her 'power' I feel sad for a moment that she can't go fully invisible, then at least she might have some respect for being powered, or at least she would be able to get away from situations like this. I get close to Carol and ask "What's going on over here?" Carol looks immediately relieved and rushes over to hold my hand and says "Nothing, let's just go home." One of the guys laughs and says "Is this nerd your boyfriend? Just get lost, punk. The real men are here to take over." My preferred choice would be to walk away, but I have a feeling these guys won't back down or give up so easily. I tell them "Look guys, we don't want any trouble, I'm sure a good looking guy like yourself can find plenty of cute girls to hit on besides Carol here." The apparent leader of the group gets closer to me and says "I'm not interested in those girls right now, I want this one. You think you're going to get in my way?" I can see where this is going so I lean down to tell Carol to rush to the car and get it started. As she starts heading toward my car the leader says "What a perfect slut, small, quiet, takes orders from her boyfriend, and she looks powered." He sneers at me and says "I'm going to make that little bitch mine."

>wat do?
>>
>>347999
I have a dynamic IP, so I'll be recognized by trip instead.
>>
>>347999
Punch him in the face as hard as we can. Put our whole body weight into it.
>>
>>347999
nice trips.
>Look for a nearby weapon - preferably something big and heavy
>Examine surroundings in detail
>Otherwise, full force swing at the center of his face
>>
RIP thread
>>
>>348073
>>348120
That last comment really pissed me off. I look around for a weapon or teacher, before punching the jerk right in his face. A shower of blood sprays beneath my fist as soon as I feel the slight pain of hitting him at full force. As I cock my other hand for an even more powerful blow delivered from a fighting stance I hear one of his goons say "Oh hell no" Next thing I know I'm looking at the sky and being pummeled. I try to throw some kick and punches, and I feel a few connect, but I'm being well and truly beaten. "So much for super strength" I think to myself, wishing I could trigger the full ability. After way too many hits I hear one of the coaches yelling "Alright! Break it up!" The guys pummeling me are pulled off, and I am relieved that they have stopped finally. I allow a few seconds to fully regain my senses and look around. Carol is standing near the softball coach and the guys are talking to the two football coaches being asked mostly "What the fuck are you doing?!?" Carol and the softball coach approach me and kneel beside me. Carol has obviously been crying and she begins again when she sees my state. The coach asks me if I think anything's broken or if I need an ambulance. I decide to figure out the answers and begin to move my limbs again. They seem fine so I take some deep breaths and realize I probably have a cracked rib or two. I won't need the hospital though. I say "I'm fine" and stick out a hand to be helped up. The coach grabs it and pulls me to my feet. She asks "What happened here?" I tell her the story, and she looks sympathetic. She tells me "We're going to have to call your parents, expect a weeks suspension over this nonsense. I'm sorry you had to deal with them again. Get on home, I'm sure your parents will want to have a look at you." She looked like she wanted to say something more, but I just shook my head. I already knew she was going to tell me that I should have joined the football team and befriended these thugs, I had already heard it too many times. Dad was still expecting my powers to fully awaken, and he didn't want me to accidentally kill someone if it was triggered at a game. I tended to agree. I noticed that Carol was still crying, and had begun to hesitantly try to touch me, but was avoiding actual contact. She was probably afraid she'd hurt me if she made contact. I took her hand in mine and said "Thanks" to the coach then headed off to my car with a slight limp. The entire ride home Carol was crying and apologizing, and I had to constantly reassure her that she didn't do anything wrong, those guys should have not been harassing her. She didn't stop apologizing until I lifted the armrest and pulled her to my side. It hurt and she didn't stop crying but at least she stopped apologizing. When I got home...

>Roll 1d100

>Since it's the weekend I'll try to be on more. I'll probably update more frequently if the quest gains traction.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>350802
>>
>>350958
When I walked inside with Carol, Mom and Dad were in the kitchen making dinner. I told Carol to go to her room and do her homework and she scurried off. I went to the kitchen and Dad started to say "Hey Champ!" Before cutting himself off mid sentence. He finished with "What the hell happened?" Mom looked over and she looked alternately angry and worried. She went over to the sink and began to fill a bowl with water. I told Dad "Some guy weas harassing Carol, I got angry about how he was talking to her and broke his nose." Carol poked her head around the corner, tears on her face still, and said "I'm sorry" At the same time dad and I said "It's not your fault." Mom had finished making transmuting the water into some kind of soothing balm and began applying it to exposed cuts and bruises. Dad said "Son, did he deserve it?" I told him "He did." Dad went back to making dinner. Mom told me to remove my shirt and began applying the cream to my sore ribs. When she had satisfied herself that I was well coated in the stuff, she said "You know that you don't have a healing factor, I wish you wouldn't get into fights. You should have gotten a teacher." I said "I know mom, I was afraid that something really bad might have happened if I left it alone too long. Even if I'm not really a super, I still have to protect my loved ones." She beamed with pride and said "Maybe you can convince your dad to make you a suit and get your sidekick license." Dad quickly said "Absolutely not, I'll not have my son getting himself maimed if I can help it." I had already talked to my dad about that when it became clear to me that I didn't have a real power. He wasn't opposed to me side kicking, but it had to be on my own. He was still troubled about leaving the hero business and he didn't want to give me a reason to go through the same thing. Mom looked at me with sympathetic eyes and the conversation was over. I was glad that it wasn't worse, although it certainly could have gone better. I went to the living room and Mary was tinkering with some of dad's discarded parts. She hadn't fully awakened her talent yet, but it was obvious already that she would become a high powered human. I thought maybe she would become smart enough to dispel the old builder joke "It's science, I don't have to explain shit!" I found it amusing, but non-super scientists despised builders for their abilities and their unwillingness to reveal their secrets. I plopped down beside Mary, wondering if maybe she had awoken a building talent, and asked "Whatcha doin?" She said "I'm trying to figure out how dad made this thing work. It shouldn't make sense but I can feel that it does." I knew that feeling. I felt it every time I tried to lift an incredibly heavy object. I could almost feel the strength to do it there, but it just wasn't there. At least Mary actually had the capability of being a genius, even if she couldn't truly build. I was stuck with being a little stronger than I looked.
>>
>>351483
I decided that watching TV or watching Mary tinker with something the best normal human minds couldn't comprehend was too boring. I felt like I should go talk to Carol, but I wasn't sure if it was the best idea, she might just start crying and apologizing again. I could do my homework, or talk with Carol, or I could see what I could accomplish in the gym. I could even do something other than those things.

>wat do?
>>
>>350802
>>Since it's the weekend I'll try to be on more. I'll probably update more frequently if the quest gains traction.

Pro tip: The quest won't gain traction unless you update frequently. I came in earlier and thought it was dead.

>>351516
Hit the gym and work out our anger, but ask Mom if that'll be fine with the broken rib first.
>>
>>352353
I feel like if I update more frequently than people reply then I'm just writing a story with occasional fan input, and at that point I'd be better off posting to a story site. I suppose I can do minor intermittent updates though. World building can't hurt, but I want the character to be you.
>>
>>352353
I decide that Carol would be better to mope by herself, and homework can wait. I go to mom and ask "Would it be okay to work out right now? Considering my injuries and all." She replies "I think you're mostly okay, just don't overdo it. I'm worried about your chest in particular, it looks like you might have a cracked rib or two. I think you should just do legs today." I agree and head over to the room dad set up as a gym. I decide to start with some running, maybe my power is superspeed and will awaken. It's certainly not unheard of for a speedster to be slightly stronger than others before he awakens. I get on the running machine and small spiderlike robots jump onto my arms as I begin to move. The spiders move about placing themselves at various points around my body and latching on. As they settle in a screen shows various live information about my body. I don't understand a lot of it, but I don't really have to. Right now only one thing is in red, but it's not giving any suggestion about it. It probably means I have a cracked rib, and if I did upper body or core exercises the machine would suggest a different workout. The screen fades to the back of my mind as I pick up speed and begin to review the day. My anger rapidly builds along with my speed as I think about what happened at school. I can't help but focus on what might have happened if I had real powers. I think on how many times I've tried to trigger them, and how I've nearly closed myself off from the world in my attempt to become a hero. I have no friends anymore, as all the people I befriended either moved on to become sidekicks after they truly awoke, or their power sputtered out and they became unable to help me awaken myself. I hadn't meant to leave them behind, but their anger and jealousy toward me when they found out they would never be powered was too much for me to deal with. To them, at least if I sputtered I could become an armored hero with my dad's help, but they didn't know that he would never build me a suit unless I got a hero certification, and he would do his best to make sure I didn't end up as another Bird-Wonder. I laughed as I thought of that. The Nightman line of heroes had eventually gained powers, but the Bird-Wonder was traditionally non-powered, and despite being one of the more sought after sidekick positions, also had the highest chance of death. It had almost become a joke in the super community, something about homosexual tendencies and a lack of empathy towards sidekicks. It was almost the sole reason heroes didn't like normals as sidekicks. As I got to my top speed I tried to burst out even more, reaching for whatever it was inside of myself that felt as if it had more to offer. I could feel my grasp of that thing slip through it like water, and my anger increased. I tried harder to grab onto it and still it was just out of my reach. I tried several more times and it never came through.
>>
>>352591
I decide to go to a different machine. The spiders crawled off and when I sat in the next machine different spiders crawled onto me. I set the weight and begin the workout. I could at least release my anger here. I pushed myself over the next hour, sometimes feeling for the root of my power, but never able to grasp it. When the screen began to show too much red text I finished up my workout and did my stretching. I would have difficulty with the stairs, but I didn't mind. It would give me something to think about other than my lack of powers, or how a group of normal athletes could give me a beatdown. I made my way over to the kitchen and saw that dinner was ready and there was a glass of what looked like milk on the counter with my name on it. 'Good on them' I thought, 'They didn't bother my workout and mom left a drink that would likely speed up the healing process. I make a plate and skulk up to my room. I was right about stairs being difficult. I go to my desk and begin my homework as I eat my meal. I feel glad that at least my schoolwork isn't difficult. I may not have an advanced mind but if heroing didn't work out for me I'd still be able to make a good life for myself. I set my dishes into a bin that will later be moved to the kitchen and cleaned by robots, and settle onto my bed. As I begin to massage my legs I hear a soft knock on my door. It's Carol. I don't know if I should talk to her, or pretend to be asleep, or something entirely different.

>?
>>
>>352604
Talk to her.
>>
>>352604
Talk to her
>>
>>353307
>>353439
I call out "Enter!" and Carol steps in. She approaches me while staring at her feet. She starts to speak and I expect another apology, but instead I hear "Thank you... F-for today, I mean...." I look at her for a moment and then say "You always know I'll look out for you and help you, no matter what." She gets closer to me and says "I know. You'll always be my best hero, no matter what." I feel a pang at those words, 'What if I never get my powers? What if I fizzle out?' I don't speak the words, for the same reason she didn't. She sits on the edge of my bed and hugs me. She is silent for a moment, then says into my chest "I want us to awaken our powers. I can almost feel mine, and I know you can too. I've seen you working so hard in the gym, but I think that's not the right way. I'm not sure how we can do it, but I just know we can." I hug her back and think to the box in my closet. The one with my first costume when I woke up one day and felt the extra strength. I laugh and Carol mistakes the meaning of my laugh "Don't laugh, I know we can both be heroes, we can figure something out." I tell her "I know, I was laughing at my first costume, remember we made them together? They seem ridiculous now, and they would never work as a real suit, but we still have our hopes to be heroes." She gives me an odd look, then kisses my cheek and says "I'll always side with you, no matter what. Let me know tomorrow if you have any ideas and I'll do the same. Goodnight bro. See you in the morning.' She kisses my other cheek and smiles at me, and I pat her on the head before she exits the room. I have some time to think before I fall asleep. I've tried strength training and martial arts, I've tried overloading adrenaline through dangerous situations and even used a couple of epi-pens once. I'm sure there's something I haven't tried yet. Maybe there's somebody that can help me figure it out, besides Carol. I know she's tried many things to fully awaken as well, and has been as unsuccessful as I have. We've both tried talking to our parents about awakening, but they have been no help, only saying mysteriously "It's something you have to figure out for yourself. Each super has a personal awakening and for a parent to force an awakening onto their child is wrong. I know you can figure it out, so go and do it." It would be so simple if Dad just made armor for you, or if Mom made a potion, but they refused absolutely each time asked. I know I would be weaker if they helped, but it's so embarrassing when their obviously super friends come over and ask about it. I pull my covers up to think about the problem at hand, knowing that there are enough clues to figure it out.

>wat think?
>also, 2d100
>>
Rolled 92, 97 = 189 (2d100)

>>354107
Have we tried not sleeping? Placing unnecessary stress on our body by denying it basic needs?
>>
>>354150
>Why you get over 90 on both.

I think about the time I tried to avoid rest, I lasted only a day, but my strength never left me the entire time. Maybe that's the key. I could go as long as possible without sleep and possibly trigger my powers. I have felt the balm working to heal my aches and pains from my earlier beating, and I feel like it would be okay to go without sleep. This isn't the worst I've felt, and I know Mom will make more of the healing balm if necessary. Since I decided to stay up, I need something to do. Maybe I can think about the world (1d100) or do some internet research (1d100) or I could get Carol and tell her my idea. I could even do something completely different (1d100).

>?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>354224
What were they for?

Research it.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>354224
>>354224
Think about the world
>>
>>354306
I'll switch to this in the interest of speeding along writing.
>>
>>354242
>>354306
I start to think about something, but just as quickly it is gone. Instead I think about the world. It is a good world, I think. Crime ever went away, there are as many bad supers as there are good supers. Wars still happen, innocents still die. There is much good too. A lot of "Mad-Science" is around helping things, and super-geniuses have helped to vastly improve the technological ability of the world. It is believed that normal science will never be able to keep up with "Mad-science" but some think that mad-science isn't truly mad, but rather hundreds or thousands of years ahead of its time. It isn't truly known what caused people to gain powers, or if they were there from the start. Some say that the old gods were really just superhumans, and the prophets of old were the same. There are still debates to this day, but they are mostly kept out of major media. There are large colonies on Mars and Venus, and even on some of the moons of the gas giants. The colonies are mostly inhabited by scientists of all sorts, but mad-scientist explorers have allowed Earth to claim the entire Solar system as it's own. There have been many rumors of Lairs and Bases on planets and moons throughout the system, and while they are little believed to be fact, it is known that it is entirely possible. The interplanetary society of heroes has at least one known satellite and a moon base. It is even believed by some that not all supers are entirely human. This has yet to be proven or de-classified, as all secret identities are kept strictly confidential. Frequently the people that visit your house are obviously heroes, but them seem so only to me, and only because they are more lax around my parents. My parents are still sort of in the hero business, but they no longer do field work. After the death of two of their teammates and the maiming of my father, they retired. Undoubtedly any hero builder would have made a new limb for dad, but he didn't need it, he built it himself. His time is spent mostly building and repairing armor for the licensed armored heroes, but sometimes a super with no control is sent to him to have a device built that restrains dangerous powers. Since each device is unique to the wearer he has to custom build it on the spot. Sadly these people are looked at as worse than criminals even though they make no conscious effort to wreak destruction. Mom works mostly in the pharmaceutical industry, but she is still Dad's sidekick when he's building something. Mary looks like she might turn out to be a supergenius, but since she's only twelve she could become a builder or a telepath, or even something different, but it's no doubt that she's really smart. Carol has a fluctuating powerset, sometimes she floats, sometimes she can't be touched without being shocked, sometimes she becomes less than opaque. It's difficult to place her on the range of powers, at least until she awakens. About 3 hours have passed.
>>
>>354666
I have 6 hours until school, and the same choices as before.

>1d100 with your input.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>354673
>Tell carol my idea
>>
>>354830
I decide to sneak into Carol's room, luckily our parent's room is in the basement and they have no chance of hearing me even without trying to sneak. I gently open her door and the light is on. I see her sitting at her computer and she turns to look at me. Her eyes light up and she grins widely. "I see you might have thought of something!" She says. "I decided that going without sleep for as long as possible might trigger something. I might try to deprive myself of other necessities, too." I respond. Carol gets up and stretches, then comes over to hug me. "I had a similar idea. I was thinking about some of the supers I've seen visiting and when I thought about their hero identities I realized they probably get little to no sleep." "I think we might be on to something. I was feeling a bit bored just thinking so I decided to see what you were up to. It looks like you are about as bored as me." "Well, I can't really think of anything to do besides talk or research or maybe play a video game, but I always have fun with you around!" "I'm sure we'll think of something." I could suggest more research into any number of topics, or we could quickly pass the time with a video game, we might just talk with eachother about something, or we could even do something else.

>?
>1d100
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>354929
>Try to talk about.... Something?
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>354929
Research other capes' experience with awakening.
>>
>>355480
>>354929
Switch, anon's suggestion is smarter
>>
>>355119
>>355480
I start to say something to Carol but she snaps at me "Hush, I need to think right now!" At least she didn't kick me out. Maybe she's been more stressed about awakening than I thought. I decide it would be a much better idea to research the awakening of other heroes more deeply. I recall when I had researched strength based hero awakenings, and I had mostly tried to emulate them with no success. The nest step on that course would be to fight a supervillian, or jump from a high building or a very fast vehicle. I knew I couldn't do that, Dad or Carol would kill me if I died. It's why I used the epi-pen instead. I get on Carol's computer and start to search for super awakenings. Sadly a lot of supers kept their awakening a secret. I find an article about UltraGuy, it's no help, apparently he was a super baby and didn't have a real awakening. NightMan, the original one, had no powers, and his descendants were basically genetically engineered to have power from birth. The Colored Light Corps seemed to have a bracelet that powered them, and it was passed on to a suitable person when the wearer died. Electro-Magnet saw his mother killed in some old war. As I'm browsing through websites I come across one that seems to have a large repository of super information. I do some looking around at the site, and find a link to a list of known backstories. I filter out nonsupers and unverified stories. The list is smaller than I hoped, but it's the biggest I've seen yet. I click on the first link I see "Mr. One" It seems he simply became fed up with his normal businessman lifestyle and decided to become a hero. After spending two years in the mountains doing pushups, situps, and jogging, he lost all of his hair and became as strong as UltraMan. I click another link "Violet Fever" Her entire village became ill with a mysterious sickness, when she got better she found everybody dead and herself powered. I click another link "Pink Rose" She was a very shy prudish girl growing up. In her late teens she met a guy she really liked and after having sex with him she found herself with powers. "Geoffrey" was stressed about passing his exams and studied until he collapsed. When he awoke in the hospital he was found to have gone from intellect 123 to intellect 264. "Blue Lightning" had spilled a bunch of random chemicals on himself at the same time as he was struck by lightning. "Ember Fist" was trying to save people from a volcanic eruption and became buried in lava, emerging a week later with powers. "The Feline Menace" was attacked by a jaguar in a rain forest and managed to kill the beast, after he healed he found he could shift to a jaguar, in any amount he wanted. "Wolf Man" Origin of healing power unknown, experimented on by US government to increase durability and CQC effectiveness. I continue to search the list...
>>
>>355910
I read many more awakening stories, not all of them exciting. Many seem to have woken up one day on the ceiling, or with fur or claw or the like, or suddenly became invisible, and many slowly built toward their power with no idea of how it really started or what made it increase in strength. I take note of some of the things I could realistically do that might awaken my power. My current plan seems like it might work. Other viable options could be sex, trying to talk Dad into letting one of his super friends train me, break into a chemical lab and go swimming in a vat along with some high voltage wires, jump into a volcano, carry around a stick of uranium with me, or extended oxygen deprivation. Other things could work too. I look at the clock and see that a couple of hours have passed. I look over to Carol and she is browsing through a journal. I should probably talk with her about what I found.

>?
1d100
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>355954
Tell her we could try anaerobic exercise, fits one of those with our power. Maybe talk about getting one of Dad's friends to train us.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>355954
>Mention mountain-trainer dude and how that may actually be viable for us (ourself)
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

mention Ember-fist and jaguar dude and suggest that high-stress situations and deprivation seem linked to awakening
>>
>>355965
>>355968
I say to Carol "We could try anaerobic exercise, or Dad might get one of his friends to train with us." She responds "You've been doing exercise since you first felt you power, and Dad has always been firm on net letting us sidekick. You know he'll think we're just trying to circumvent his rule if we ask to get trained. My power doesn't seem to be physical anyway." I realize she is right, and change tactics "We could run away into the mountains and train. The oxygen is lower and the stress would probably be high enough to trigger something. There were some supers that got into dangerous situations and had their awakenings because of it, we might find ourselves in a similar situation if we train in the mountains. Since your power could be shifting and mine is probably strength or speed, it seems viable." Carol says "You might be right. I'd rather keep running away as a last resort, but Dad could probably add an oxygen deprivation function to the gym room."
"That's a good idea. If we aren't able to awaken we might start with some of the more dangerous stuff."
"We should keep on with the sleep deprivation. I have been looking more closely at some of Dad's friends and their probable superhero identities, it seems that a lot of them either never sleep or sleep only rarely." Carol says
"Right, I've figured a similar thing but never did any research into it. I figure only full time heroes would have time for sleep, and maybe not even then."
"Yeah, a common saying in The Industry is 'Crime never sleeps.' Maybe heroism doesn't either." She glances at the clock. "We have a few more hours until school. I think we have a decent plan so far, so what do you want to do until then?"

>?
1d100
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>356050
>Discuss the intricacies of tea
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>356050
>Start jogging in place.

It's not just sleep we need to be deprived of. Try not to eat, only drink water, do not rest. Try to maintain conversation while doing so, like >>356061

Make this hellish.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

Talk about her powers what des she want them to be?
>>
dice+1d100
>>
>>356061
>>356068
I begin to jog in place and ask Carol about the intricacies of tea. She excitedly jumps up and pulls out a very nice looking tea set. "We must have tea! I have several flavors you would love!" I say "Maybe we should not actually drink the tea, it seems like only too little or too much of a thing is what actively causes awakenings." She says "You can never have enough tea time! We can discuss the intricacies of tea over a cup!" She makes us a tea and we discuss it as we drink. When she is satisfied that I understand the complexities of this particular tea, and how different each tea is, and the many methods of preparing tea, she puts away the tea set and says "We shall enjoy another tea later." She begins to jog in place in front of me, beaming a smile at me. I ask her if she knows what her power might be, or what she wants it to be. She blushes and looks away. She stutters a bit, and starts a few different sentences, and gives up trying to explain. 'Odd' I think to myself. Her flares seem varied enough that she could be almost anything. I could try again to talk about it, or I could remain silent, or I could do something completely different.
>>
>>356118
>1d100
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>356118
Try again to talk about it
>>
>>356128
>>356118
Anon did well enough
>>
>>356128
I tell Carol "You don't need to be embarrassed about it. It'll probably be cooler than mine anyway." She looks at me fiercely and says "You'll always be the coolest. No matter what. I'm just not sure what my power could be, and what I want it to be feels embarrassing." I press her again to tell you and she says "Fine, I just want to be able to support you, whatever my power is. I'm really hoping to be able to heal if you can't, there's always people that need healing. An ability that lets me shield others would be great too. As far as what it might really turn out to be, well... You've seen some of my flashes. I'll probably be able to fly, and maybe shifting or invisibility is on the table. I think I hugged you once and you seemed to heal faster. Th-that's why I always hug you. I... Well... I hope that enough hugs will awaken me as a healer so I don't have to see you hurt." I feel like hugging her, but I can't while we're jogging.

>Wat do? We can talk more, or we can timeskip, or we can do something else.
>1d100 unless timeskip
>3d100 for each day of timeskip, if you want to do something on the timeskip give 1d100 for each thing
>even if you timeskip, there are things that will happen, keep in mind the earlier events when making your decision.
>>
>>356157
I am become sleep, Dreamer of Dreams. Post your decisions and in the morning I'll update with majority decision.
>>
>>356157
>Mr.One
kek Nice one, OP
>Wat do?
Well, Carol is right. Its usually too much or too little of something leading to very high levels of stress- though only towards the needed power.
Which means for us, of which we can assume to have super strength, we should lift until we drop. For Carol, keep build until she drops- try to wear out her brain. And yeah, no rest for either until this happens
>>
Our trigger likely isn't Adrenalin based otherwise we'd have had an awakening during the fight, same with pain and life and death.
If it doesn't seem physical have we tried mental? Maybe sleep deprivation is the way but perhaps we need to take it a step further with deprivation of other senses and necessities of the body and or mind?
Perhaps a hard study session might bring it on, an ironic awakening, practice the mind and the body awakens?
Or we're not pushing it hard enough physically? I'm thinking we DBZ it and get a gravity chamber along with the oxygen deprivation function.
>>
Rolled 70, 82, 29, 58 = 239 (4d100)

>>356157
>Timeskip the school day
>Continue our regime
>>
Rolled 61, 21, 75 = 157 (3d100)

>>356157
>Time skip
>Remember our sick lifts
>>
The day goes well. You and Carol are sent home with a week's suspension due to the incident the previous day. The dad of the guy whose nose you broke threatened to sue but your dad hands him a business card and says good luck. The other dad was practically slobbering on your dad's feet after that. Your dad takes you to a lunch and you decide to ask him about being trained by one of his friends but as you thought he declines. He asks why you look so tired and he seems to believe that you are just stressed about the fight and Carol's safety and the possibility of never getting your powers. When you get home he doesn't offer any punishment, he believes that the guy deserved it for the things he said, and you got your punishment worth during the beating. He heads down to his "secret" lab to work on 'stuff' and you and Carol are left to your devices.Carol begins to head to her room and you tell her that you're heading to the gym. She stops and looks at you. You tell her she should join you, and she agrees. in the gym you and Carol have a good workout. After showering you meet Carol in her room and say you want to work on a costume, as you don't plan to fail in gaining powers. She smiles brightly at you and says she likes that idea. Before you can begin work, you realize that the costume would be different based on what powers you and Carol actually end up getting. You decide you can still make a basic design despite that.
A simple color change, or the addition or removal of materials before actual production will be easy to achieve.

>Average rolls for today were enough to prevent failure, as each day passes remaining awake will get harder.
>Any costume ideas?
>Or you could do something else, making a costume will require 4 hours, it is currently 1400
>>
>>357467
>Fuck.
>I'm not rewriting that shit for first person.
>Sorry about the perspective change
>You guys want to keep it or go back to first person?
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

Keep it second person.
Work on costumes and keep researching awakenings, especially delayed ones or ones from the children of two supers
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>357467
Are there any places for people to post about this online? Also second person is fine.
>>
>>357559
You and Carol come up with several ideas for costumes, Yours consist of an armored version in case you don't have durability or a healing factor, a skintight one in case you have speed, and a fancy one, because. All of your ideas for Carol's costume include heavy armor and protections from every conceivable attack. Carol found it funny at first, but became annoyed that you thought she would be unable to take care of herself. After agreeing to some less armored ideas of hers you suggest more research into awakenings.

It seems that most people still die from the life threatening awakening attempts, but 'Flashes' are a major indicator of possible success. Many people that get flashes never act on them and the powers eventually fade away. You look into children of supers and the information is practically nonexistent. It seems that, like your own parents, most supers don't want anybody to know who their children are. Many of the stories about awakening that you read are from supers that have been imprisoned or have moved into civilian life. It looks like it's too easy to figure out who a super is from their awakening story. You mostly just find more of the same things that you found last night. Mostly awakenings happen from a situation that releases a high amount of adrenaline or endorphines, or they just happen randomly without apparent cause or warning. There are some where someone finds a chemical that can give them power, but those seem to be dangerous and short lived, and have a tendency to strip any possibility of natural powers. There are some powered objects which are passed from hero to sidekick, or from hero to suitable person. It seems the powered objects are given almost exclusively to people without natural powers and are not true awakenings.

You decide to look for a forum or website where people talk about this kind of thing. You find a website urging people to not seek out dangerous situations to awaken themselves, and a forum called 'SuperChannel' dedicated to all things super and powered. It seems to be a somewhat slow site, but there is a subforum dedicated to awakenings. Since posting is anonymous, and your network connection is untraceable due to mad-science, you decide to make a post asking for help in your awakening. You describe your's and Carol's flashes and your current attempt and previous attempts to awaken. After waiting a bit for a response dad calls you to dinner and you and Carol shout back that you'll get some later.

>I need 1d100 for responses to your post on SuperChannel
>Also need further suggestions to pass the time, or just skip over boring stuff
>Will require 1d100 for staying awake
>I wouold like to explain mad-science and building
>They are the same thing, but you don't call a builder a mad-scientist to his face
>There is a movement to end the practice of using the term mad-science, as some of the really early inventions have been found to adhere to normal science
>>
Rolled 78, 1 = 79 (2d100)

>>357746
>skip
Nothing much will happen until we get to day 2 when exhaustion really takes hold. Maybe drink caffeinated beverages.
>>
Rolled 23, 92 = 115 (2d100)

>>357746
Caffeine drinks and exercise
Maybe play some high octane video games, games that can push your heart rate up, for instance CS:GO and you're the last one on the team and pull off an ace.
>>
Rolled 90, 77 = 167 (2d100)

>>357746
>>
>>357763
>>357844
You check the forum for any responses to your post, and you see a few good suggestions, but it's not anything you don't already know. After a couple of hours trying to find more info you feel a wave of exhaustion pass over you and suddenly Carol is shaking you. You look around confused and Carol says "We're supposed to be staying awake as long as possible. How did you even fall asleep? It's only been a day so far."
You tell her "I don't know what happened, but I'm feeling better now. How long was I out?"
"I think it was only a few minutes, but I was doing something else and didn't notice for a while. It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes."
"Good. There will probably be micro-naps as we get further into this. Hopefully this didn't set us back."
"Maybe we should do something to keep ourselves awake. Neither one of us has found anything new online, and it's starting to get boring looking at the same info over and over again."
"We should play a game! Have you still got that game system dad got you?"
"I do, but I don't play it much. I think I have some games we could play together. There's a war game, and a game where we can capture and fight monsters. Now that I think about it I really like the one where we fight and capture monsters."
"Is the monster one a high stress game?"
"Not until you get to the later parts. Do you think the war game would be better?"
"I do."
"Then lets play!"
Carol puts in the game and you get started playing. You and her play together until morning and switch to the monster catching game. you play that all day. As dinner time nears you begin to really feel tired. You can see Carol is flagging too.

>1d100
>>
File: 1450940546527.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450940546527.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>358167
>pic related if roll sucks
>>
>>358152
>I'll take these rolls for >>358167

A quick shake of your head clears it and after an odd look from Carol she does the same. It doesn't clear away the sleepiness entirely, but you no longer feel as though you'll fall over. You go down to get some soda for you and Carol and when you return you see Carol is at her computer. You press the cold can to her neck and she jumps and squeals in surprise. She gives you a glare but takes the can from you. After taking a sip she says "look at this." You look at the screen and start reading the responses to your earlier question. There are a lot of unhelpful comments, and a few mean ones, but you see some that might be able to help. They seem to be suggesting that you really are on the right path. A lot of supers have been awakened when their natural energy has been depleted and they must find a new source to continue. The poster seems to have some experience with what he's talking about, and you wonder if he's a super. He suggests that you go until you can barely move, then do something that would normally require a lot of energy. He suggests getting into a serious fight, or have sex. He says that jumping into a large animal pit at a local zoo might work too, but it would be really bad even if it did work. He says using a police scanner to find a crime in progress is a possible idea, but urges you to not interfere with police or heroes. He tells you that if you have a suit already prepared do not use it for your awakening, it would be contrary to the purpose of pushing yourself to your limits.

Carol looks at you excitedly and says "I think this guy might be a super! He sounds like he really knows a lot about it!"
"I agree, he has some good ideas. Why didn't we think to find a crime before?"
"Because, silly! We aren't licensed heroes or sidekicks."
"Still, if we awaken during it, we'll probably be forgiven for stopping a crime. There's no rule that says a civilian can't stop a crime in progress."
"Well, I guess your right. How will we find a crime in progress though?"
"I have no idea, I don't have a police scanner, and I don't have the money to get one. I doubt dad will make one for us, he'll know what we're trying to do immediately."
"I guess we might walk around and see if we run into something, but we're in a pretty safe area. I don't like the idea of beating up innocent animals either, I wouldn't mind going to the zoo with you though."
You sit back to try to think about what to do and suddenly Carol is shaking you again. You try to wake up but you feel sluggish.

>1d100
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>358340
>>
>>358340
>>358463
Wake your ass up and keep losing that energy through lack of sleep then do one huge workout session, maybe even a run on the treadmill.
>>
>>358463
>>358470
You suddenly come to. Carol is standing over you and glaring. After your eyes fully focus you see tears forming in her green eyes. "You can't give up yet! Don't you remember your promise?"

Of course you remember your promise, even though it happened so long ago. You stand up and stretch "Of course I remember. How long was I out this time?"

"Only a minute or two. should we go for a walk?"

"Sure. is there somewhere specific you want to walk to?"

"Anywhere is fine. I just think we're sitting too much."
She grabs your hand and pulls you out of the house. You walk together with her for several hours before finally returning home. By this point you are well and truly exhausted. The clock reads midnight. You try to feel for your power, that little knot of just-out-of-reach energy, and you can't feel it. You're not sure what that means, if it even means anything. You ask Carol if she can feel her power and she repeats your thoughts. You tell her that it's the same with you. You decide to make a post in your thread on super-chan asking about it.

>2d100
>>
Rolled 31, 46 = 77 (2d100)

>>358532
>>
Rolled 34, 41 = 75 (2d100)

>>358532
>>
>>358565
>>358571

You wait a bit to see if there's any response to your message, but nothing shows up. You feel yourself beginning to nod off so you go to brew some coffee. You can feel your strength leaving you. even though it's only been just over two days, you've never stayed up this long before. When the brew finishes you put the pot on a tray with some mugs, sugar, and cream. Carol seems happy to smell coffee and quickly makes herself a cup. As you drink your coffee you and Carol sit together on her bed and discuss fairly unimportant matters such as school. A few hours pass in this way until the coffee is gone. Carol suggests Tea Time, and a particular kind of tea with a high amount of stimulant.

>1d100
>wat do?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>358691
Drink some tea the conversation about tea might pass the time enough for morning.
>>
File: hello.png (510KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
510KB, 600x600px
>>358763
fuck it we're doing it live!
We're going full Tyler Durton with this attempted insomnia thing
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>358763
Support
>>
>>358691
Drink that teach and talk about your favourite supers until the morning, then find a bad neighbourhood and conduct a "social experiment"
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>359714
>>
>>358763
>>359108
>>359714
You tell Carol to go ahead and make the tea. She gets her tea set and starts brewing. As she's brewing you hear a soft knock on your door. You hope it isn't your parents, they don't need to know what's going on until it's done. You don't hear anymore knocks and you let it go. Carol finishes her tea and hands you a cup. She says "It probably wont taste very good, I haven't tried it yet, but it should be a much better solution than coffee." You take a sip and it has a horrible taste. You almost spit it out, but Carol said it is better than coffee. You decide to bite the bullet and drink the rest in one go. You almost vomit as it slides down your throat, but you manage to get it down. "That was horrifying!" You say to Carol. She has a disgusted look on her face.
"I know, I never tried it before. I only got it because it is exotic."
"Is this even legal?"
"I... I'm not sure. It's legal in the middle east, but I never checked if it's legal here..."
"Carol. Why did you buy a possibly illegal substance?"
"Well... It said it was a kind of tea. I like tea."
You sigh and make no further comment on her possibly illegal tea. After a few minutes you decide to check your room to see if the door was opened. You're surprised to see a small box with a note attached to it sitting in front of your door. You pick it up and read the note.

'Big bro, I had a flash and made a thing. I'm not entirely sure what it's for, and it's keyed to you. I don't know why I made it, but I think you'll be needing it soon. Please be careful. Love, Mary'

You open the box and find a disk the size of your palm. You press the button but nothing happens. You look it over but it just looks like a large coin with a button. You can't imagine what it might do so you slip it in your pocket and go back to Carol's room. You and Carol start to talk about supers, and about 30 minutes in you feel the tea kick in. You feel simultaneously energized and exhausted. It feels like everything is slower and faster. You speak to Carol about.... Something. She doesn't give any odd look, so the effect must be in your mind. Carol suggests you go to a bad neighborhood and see if anything interesting happens. You decide to go along with her plan, and the two of you go outside, get on your bikes, and head in the direction of the bad part of town. When you get there you look around for something suspicious, but nothing immediately pops out to you. You could walk down every dark alley you see, or you could look for a shady person on a street corner, or you could do something different.

>1d100
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>362034
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>362153
Supporting
>>
>>362153
>>362170
You and Carol make your way down the street, unable to decide on a specific course of action. After a while you are starting to feel bored, when suddenly you feel a hand wrap around your arm and you hear a voice say "Dun muuv keedo." You look over to Carol and you see she's been grabbed too. You hear the second guy say "Dis wunz a reel treet. We shud kept her and off dee udder one." The thug holding you says "Naw main, dey luks lik dey rich. Wez shud taik dem phor hostigez." The thug holding Carol says "Imma still git inna dis wun. She'z luuken reel taistee." You realize you should have stayed alert and chosen an actual course of action before this. Not that you even can be alert in the state you're in. You feel a moment of regret that you got Carol into this mess, but maybe it's your big moment. If you don't save Carol she'll end up as some thug's fuck toy.

>Wat do? How save Carol? Will power awaken? 2d100!
>>
Rolled 61, 69 = 130 (2d100)

>>362467
Rip out of the thug's grasp and break the other ones hands.
[Spoiler] Praying [/spoiler]
>>
Rolled 83, 34 = 117 (2d100)

>>362467
>>
Rolled 15, 68 = 83 (2d100)

>>362537
Support
>>
>>362537
>>362591
>>362772
You try to slip out of the thug's grasp, but he has a firm hold on you. You might have been able to do something had you not completely exhausted yourself previously. You still feel sluggish, like everything is in slow motion. The thug laughs at your feeble attempts to get away and slaps your face, leading to further inability to comprehend your surroundings properly. One thing you are able to fully comprehend is Carol. She is being dragged down an alley and is struggling as well as she can, but it is obvious that she is quickly being overcome with exhaustion. You look down to the hand gripping your arm and decide to try to break it. When your hand hits his it's painfully obvious that you're not having an effect on him. Again deep regret overwhelms you. You think to yourself that you should not have brought Carol. You should have done this by yourself instead of letting her go into danger with you. You can barely think as the thug gives you another whack and begins to drag you off to the alley the other thug took Carol to. He begins to dig through your pockets. All that you brought with you is that weird coin thing Mary made. The thug presses the button but nothing happens. He says "Yoo seems wortlass ta me. Imma gessin dat yous mebbe a rich buoy. imma gonna rindsum yoo n git sum reel gid munnys. me n mah buoy ders gunna have sum fun wit ur grill now. imma bettin yuus gunna liek dat buoy." He laughs and hits you in the jaw. Your sight starts spinning and everything seems to move at a snail's pace as you fall to the ground.

>1d100
>don't fuck it up.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>362851
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>362851
>horrified
>>
>>362865
>>362870
>oh god. what have I done.

As you continue your descent to the ground you see the thugs get a good hold on Carol. Your anger rises but you find yourself unable to do anything, you just watch in slow motion as they get her into a position where they can do as they please. You see them pawing at her as you also see the ground rising to meet your face. You try to at least stop your face from hitting the ground but your arms aren't able to move. You watch as slowly the ground gets closer, and the thugs begin to pull off Carol's hoodie. She looks like she's yelling something, but you cannot hear it. An odd silence has fallen over the world. You wonder if maybe the thug deafened you when he hit you.

>1d100
>please...
>>
>Figure out what's really happening.
>I've tried to give as many clues as possible
>I'm not writing a rape scene
>But this has gone out of my control
>For the sake of your cute imouto figure it out and bypass the dice
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>362926
The fuck do you want? You aren't giving a prompt.
>>
>>362990
>I wanted you to figure it out
>but that's okay, your roll is good enough

As the ground nears you, you come to a realization. There's no way a person could fall this slowly. Even if you had enough strength to slow your fall, which you don't, too much has happened. Too much time has passed. As you get closer to the ground a wave of energy washes over you and everything grinds to a halt. You realize that everything had gone silent because of whatever is happening, just like how a guy managed to walk over to Carol and help assault her in the second it almost took you to crumple to the ground. It's odd, being in this position, the ground looming before you. You decide to try to stand up, and the sluggishness you felt is almost gone. It's still there, but it's like a fleeting memory of things past. You are able to stand fully, since you never made it all the way to the ground it's as simple as pushing with your legs. You walk over to where the thugs have Carol and punch one of them as hard as you can right in his nose. A bad choice, it seems. An explosion of pain shoots up your arm. The thug seems to barely move as you pull your arm back, but you can see his nose is flattened completely and his face is beginning to cave in. You decide to be more gentle with the other thug, if only for the sake of your own body. You use your elbow this time, and you hit his jaw in the same place he hit yours. There's not as much pain this time, but you can see the thugs face slowly moving in an unnatural way, and after a few seconds his jaw has moved several inches to the side. Carol still has a look of terror on her face. She hasn't realized what happened. You start to reach for her, but think twice about it. What if she gets hurt as badly as the thugs were? How can you make time flow normally again? As you think about it you realize it's simple. You slow your physical and mental processes until everything seems to be moving at a normal pace. Suddenly there's blood everywhere and Carol is screaming. You look at the thug you punched full force in the face. His head seems to have exploded. You glance to the other thug and the lower half of his face is missing. You feel bile rise in your throat. You look at Carol and she is staring in disbelief at the thugs. She looks at you after a moment and says "Y-you did this?" You reply " I did. We need to get out of here." Carol looks at you with a serious expression on her face, and suddenly she is grinning widely at you. "You did it! I knew you could!" She gives you a big hug, and you hug her back, glad that she's safe. You release the hug and grab her hand saying "Come on, we really need to go. I'm pretty sure I just killed two people and it won't be pretty when someone finds out." You start walking toward the bikes and you and Carol ride home together. Luckily it's still early enough that nobody is moving about the house. You and Carol sneak in and go to your separate rooms.
>>
>>363056
Before you enter you tell her to bag up her clothes and you'll dispose of them away from the home. She smile at you and says "We did it!" It's odd to see her covered in blood and grinning. You tell her "Go get cleaned up. We'll both be needing showers." You go into your room and start removing your clothes, and you find the device Mary had made for you in your pocket. Weird, you thought the thug threw it away. Probably something about a bad narrator forgetting to write in the scene where you picked it up, or something. You forget that thought as soon as you have it and bag up your clothes to be properly disposed of later. The shower feels great after the night you just had, and somehow you no longer feel exhausted. When you're dressed you head over to Carol's room and give a light knock. She says "Come in," and you enter. She's sitting on her bed looking excited and refreshed. She gives you a big grin when she sees you.

>I'll make a new thread tomorrow
>You'll have an opportunity to test and practice your powers.
>Hopefully you'll find out some interesting things
>I'll try to tone down the riddles
>They seem obvious to me, but I made them so I already know the correct solution
>also considering switching perspective to Carol and Mary occasionally
>Yep, Mary is a part of this too
>>
File: hiro-nakamura-o.gif (1MB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
hiro-nakamura-o.gif
1MB, 320x256px
>>363056
>>363103
Alright so it seems we can control time
We should look into speeding up, slowing down, stopping it entirely and maybe even teleportation.
Maybe see if we can create a projectile of time energy?
>>
Open link thread here pl
>>
New thread here

>>365927
>>365927
>>365927
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.