[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/zhq/ - Zombie Hunter Quest: Chapter 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: zhq.jpg (93KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
zhq.jpg
93KB, 640x469px
Welcome to Zombie Hunter Quest! Catch chapter one in the archive for a full recap (highly recommended if you missed the first thread, introduces characters and is filled with clues as to what's really going on):

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/323309/

I will be updating a pastebin as the quest continues, but I didn't save last session's. Most of my notes are in pencil anyway, but expect a paste with important info within a day or two.

You guys will usually be picking some greentext options, and rolling dice for your actions. If I call for a roll, it'll be a 1d100 unless otherwise specified, and I'll probably just take the highest roll for a dilemma unless there are lots of posters.

Talking is always a free action unless otherwise specified, so feel free to write in anything you think the character ought to say. Interacting with your group members or with NPCs can reveal more than you know.

I am always open to a write-in option! And will often lean in favor of intelligent or creative write-ins that surprise me in a good way.

Feel free to ask other questions as well, and I'll try to answer them one way or another.

=====================================================================

Previously, on /zhq/...

You are James Kowalski, a former Congressman and a survivor of the outbreak that caused the collapse of civilization and turned its victims into violent and infectious zombies. You were part of a group of survivors that was doing well for itself, until the Legion rolled into town and either killed or recruited everyone. As part of the latter group, you entered the Tower, an overrun and abandoned survivor base, as part of an ill-prepared mission to clear the apartment building of any undead remaining within. Your group of nine got split up, and all hell broke loose as zombies stormed down the unsecured stairwells, causing panic. You and your partner Alice secured one of the stairwells and saved Grayson from being eaten, but not from the infection. Not long afterward, you ran into Jane, who revealed what had happened to her group and proposed that the three of you kill the remaining soldier in the building for the keys to the truck outside.

>You have a snub-nosed revolver (0 rounds), a military pistol and one full magazine (16 rounds), a sharpened rebar spear, a kitchen knife, and a tiny flashlight.
>Alice has an ice pick, a tiny flashlight, and several small bottles of painkillers.
>Jane has an assault rifle and 3 magazines (78 rounds), a kitchen knife, makeshift body armor, and a tiny flashlight.

=====================================================================

Chapter Two will begin in an hour and twenty minutes from this post!
>>
>>346359
A slight draft pulls the stench of one very heavy and very dead zombie into your nose as you pull the apartment door toward you. Jane steps gingerly over the gelatinous pile of flesh and checks both ends of the hallway clear with her rifle before motioning the two of you to follow. You shut the door behind you as quietly as you can, and the three of you creep into the stairwell opposite the one you secured earlier with Alice.

It's quiet in here, save for the echoes and creaks of metal expanding and contracting as human architecture breathes its dying gasps. Flashlights click on in the darkness of the windowless stairwell, and you can see painted in fading red letters a large "2B." You don't know where Hendricks, Erin or Luis are.

Try to remember everything you've heard recently. Then decide how to proceed.
>Head up to 3rd floor
>Head up to penthouse floor
>Head up to roof
>Head down to main floor
>Head down to basement level
>Talking is a free action
>Write-in option
>>
>>346719
>So do we really need all this, pardon the pun, dead weight right now?
>>
>>346778
what do you mean by dead weight? I'm not sure what you're referring to in context
>>
>>346787
For some reason I thought we were carrying a body, nvm.
>Head up to the 3rd floor
>>
>>346830
sorry, got caught up
Jane turns to you and points up, and you nod back, understanding. You round the stairs up to the third floor, finding the door to the hallway hanging slightly open. It looks as though this door was chained shut as well, but someone's shattered the lock. Alice finds a bent and now-useless rebar spear discarded on the landing.

"The stairwell door on the other side was chained shut as well," you dare to breathe.

"I'm pretty sure this is clear of them," says Jane, shaking her head. "I think Grayson and Luis ran up here when the shit hit the fan, and whatever didn't come after them came down after me." The hallway checks out, and the three of you creep through it, hugging the walls and checking the doors shut and latched. Her instincts are pretty sharp, and it seems she's right - all clear on this floor. But as you turn back toward the open stairwell, you hear glass shatter faintly on the floor above you.

"The penthouse!" Jane exclaims suddenly, and a little too loudly. You hear a single set of footsteps dashing back and forth urgently above you.

How do you proceed?
>Head up there now and confront Hendricks
>Stay quiet, set an ambush (where?)
>Talking is a free action
>Write-in option
>>
>>346989
>Stay quiet, set an ambush (where?)

Wait for them to come the door.

Glad you came back for thread 2
>>
>>347100
What door do you mean? welcome back! Seems thursday's a slow night but I'll be checking in and writing for 3 or so hours
>>
>>347118
The one outside the penthouse
>>
>>347173
"Come on!" Jane hisses as the three of you dash through the third floor hallway. You all pause to listen through the stairwell door before you throw it open and head upstairs, back into the penthouse hallway. Only one door in this hallway, at least as far as you can see...

"Behind me, come on!" Jane has her rifle shouldered and ready, and your palms sweat from how tightly you're gripping the pistol. You hug the wall as you approach the door, Alice hanging back just a little further than you and keeping low.

You round the corner of the little alcove the penthouse door is built into, and are met with a large and heavy looking wooden door, with bloody prints and deep gouges scratched out of it. Bullet holes have riddled the door around the locks, and the damage looks fresh enough. You're pretty sure Hendricks is in there, but you can't hear anything from within. Jane takes a breath, then dashes across the alcove to the opposite corner, taking position.

Moments pass... and turn into a minute, then two minutes. Nothing. Jane wipes the sweat off her brow, and her rifle dips for a second before she snaps it back in line, wincing at the sudden shoulder movement.

What's the plan?
>Wait a while longer.
>Charge in, try to surprise him.
>Call out to him, see if we can talk. (Who speaks? What do you say?)
>Let's go, this isn't worth a siege.
>Whispering is a free action.
>Write-in option.
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>347229
>>
Have Jane pound on the door with the butt of her rifle while we shout to let us in.

DO NOT stand in front of the door, though. I expect him to shoot through it. Be ready to shoot back
>>
>>347424
>>347424
Jane raises an eyebrow at your plan, but shrugs and mouths back, "you cover me."

She creeps in low and slow, half ready at any step to hit the dirt. At the edge of the door, she knocks with her rifle while you call out, "Corporal Hendricks, can we come in?"

A moment passes, and Jane looks ready to do something rash when a nervous voice calls out from within, "Which one are you? Who's we?"

What do you say?
>Write in whatever you want to say
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.