[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kaiju Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: destroy-all-monsters-1968.jpg (353KB, 1000x639px) Image search: [Google]
destroy-all-monsters-1968.jpg
353KB, 1000x639px
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nHudA9-_4w

Is there a severe lack of destruction and carnage in your everyday life? Do you occasionally have the desire to cooperatively construct a several hundred foot tall killing machine and join your peers on /qst/ in annihilating cities, decimating armies, and defeating other behemoths, both from the fringes of Earth and the furthest reaches of space? Then congrats! This’ll probably do for now until someone makes a better thread. Welcome to Kaiju Quest.

To begin, we’ll need to construct the monster. While origin stories and designs are always welcome to be suggested and approved by your peers, it wouldn’t be fair to count on you to do all the work, so I’ve whipped up a little system to allow for everyone to contribute a piece of the beast if there are no submissions. The very first step will be determining whether or not you want a robot monster. Robots objectively have more options regarding long-range weaponry and are immune to biological attacks, but are generally slower, less agile, are dependent upon orders and their programming, and take longer to ramp up in the context of this quest. Additionally, if you are in favor of a robot monster, please specify if you’d like the monster to come from space or from Earth; obviously its goals will be different based upon its origin. I’ll give the first participants several posts to make the decision, and from there the next choice will be made.

For anyone who needs clarification, in case the image is not a tip-off, the term "kaiju" is not being used in reference to the monsters from Pacific Rim. I'll probably be borrowing monsters/tech/anything else from anything made by Toho or Daiei.
>>
>>346327
Voting for a space robot
>>
>>346327
An organic kaiju from Earth
>>
>>346327
Meh, I vote for a space bio monster, preferably in the likes of alien, the classic black one but larger, smarter and capable of telekinesis and other psychic shit. Basically recreating the excom invasion
>>
>>346390

Second
>>
File: Dank.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dank.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>346392

> excom
>>
>>346402
Boi its autocorrect being a bitch, nothing serious
>>
>>346393
I thought that perhaps it could have been hibernating in an Antarctic ice cave but has been woken by global warming. I think that fits with the traditional theme of kaiju as connected to the health of the Earth.
>>
Looks like we’ll be going with an organic kaiju originating from Earth. Now onto the monster’s design. Earth kaiju typically display influence in their makeup from an animal, extinct or alive, so aside from that one requisite, anything goes. I’ll probably stick to the suggestion with the most support, but providing a general concept image goes a long way.
>>
File: Mammoth.jpg (73KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth.jpg
73KB, 500x281px
>>346528

Man's extinction will come from the symbol of their arrogance and their first destroyed species: the mammoth.

Imagine: a big ol' woolly mammoth romping through Moscow.
>>
>>346528
Seconding >>346541
>>
>>346528
I'm thinking something based off a velociraptor. Maybe a raptor that's about 15 ft tall, but still quick on its feet and just as vicious?
>>
>>346541
This but massive... and with wings. Because then we can just drop from extreme heights like a missile.
>>
>>346660

No wings.

Why drop when you can plow.
>>
>>346677
But... But... We can do both? Drop, plow through what's left?
>>
>>346541
So, something like this?
>>
I'm down with the mammoth idea but I feel like our front legs needs to be able to double as arms.
>>
So we’ll be going with the giant wooly mammoth idea, with any attachments other than the standard tusks being optional with the next decision.

Next, we’ll need a mutation. You can choose from either a single long-range attack of your choice or two utility appendages (a pair of wings, a tail, a pair of extra legs, etc.). As the quest progresses, more mutations will be unlocked. As far as the mammoth’s size, using bulkier kaiju as models, I’ve decided on a height of 125 meters and a length of 175 meters, which makes it somewhat larger than Godzilla’s biggest incarnation. This is up to minor alteration, as there’s a certain range of size that we want to operate within in order to have the monster be able to combat other monsters of similar size. So, if you would like for more height and less length or vice-versa, suggestions for that are welcome.
>>
>>346758
I think we need a second trunk
>>
>>346758

I just want to be as big as possible.
>>
File: itfuckingflies copy.png (2MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
itfuckingflies copy.png
2MB, 1600x1067px
So it looks like we'll be adding a second trunk as well as wings to our wooly mammoth. A rough example image has been provided (5 billion hours in MS Paint). As far as stats are concerned, we’ll be keeping it basic; a wooly mammoth in general possesses a lot of strength, a decent constitution, and poor dexterity, coupled with not a lot of intelligence but perhaps some wisdom from its long life.

Finally, the finishing touches: a name, any details surrounding its life, or anything else you feel compelled to describe about it.
>>
>>349045

Uredon

Let's say it's got a ton of tribal tattoos and is basically a neanderthal cult god recently summoned back through the last tribe of them still living out in a remote Russian cave.

Spoiler: they totally can't control it.
>>
>>349075

Designs that seem to be reminiscent of tribal tattoos (the designs had to come from somewhere)

And maybe not summoned but a remote Siberian tribe that passed knowledge down through the generations of Uredon and have awaited his coming again.

(We're probably not going to focus on or even introduce or know any individual humans but in the name of the story one of the young tribesmen has been traveling trying to get attention about the intimate return of Uredon)
>>
>>349075
>>349440

You still here OP?
>>
>>349690
Of course, I'm just waiting to see if anyone else wants to add their input.
>>
>>349440

Second I guess
>>
>>349778

Thanks man, I tried to use your framework as much as possible but make it more Kaiju-esque in the backstory sense
>>
File: 3dc3b7bd7eae.jpg (52KB, 774x510px) Image search: [Google]
3dc3b7bd7eae.jpg
52KB, 774x510px
Alright, we’ve got a name and a backstory, sounds good. Now that we’ve got our monster, I’ll quickly explain the mechanics of this quest. As per a usual quest, the highest roll will be given the priority in regards to what the monster does. Outside of combat, the success of any action will be based upon a d20 roll, with harder tasks requiring higher rolls and circumstantial bonuses being granted for your situation as well as the monster’s aptitude in that area. Similar rules apply in combat, with the roll determining how accurate and how deadly any attack will be.

So, without further ado, let’s begin.

The frigid, snow-covered mountains of Siberia shudder with anticipation, the solid rock underneath the snow losing its typical sturdiness as an unseen force causes immense seismic activity for miles around. Within moments, the tallest of the peaks crumbles, ice and rock sent careening to the ground. From the summit of the mountain, a triumphant yet vicious bellow can be heard, and as the dust settles, a gigantic monstrosity emerges, its fur dusted in white powder like a donut. With a resounding flap, the beast’s wings send the snow flying in a circle around it. It has certainly been a while since this mammoth’s feathers have felt the cold breeze.

Uredon glances around, its surroundings familiar but the weather much warmer than it was used to. Awoken by the prophecy of its Neanderthal worshippers as well as the effects of global warming, the monster has no real thought as to what its current task shall be.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

Seek out civilization.
>>
>>350500
Acquire territory, aquire a herd, search for followers
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>350500
Try and find some elusive neanderthal worshippers to exact tribute.
>>
Oh shit, I didn't clarify what dice to roll for decision priority. Yeah, roll 1d20 for decisions.
>>
>>350861
Yes you did.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>350500
Look around your territory, ascertain what's around us.
>>
>>351510
Out in the far reaches of Siberian wilderness, Uredon is unable to see any tell-tale signs of civilization, aside from what might be a smoke plume, a vertical trail of grey contrasting sharply against the serene arctic sky. Aside from that, the area is barren, littered with small trees.
>>
>>352314
Guess we fly to the possible smoke plume
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.