[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flaming Cockroaches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 12

File: insects.jpg (356KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
insects.jpg
356KB, 800x500px
You are a race of Obsidian shelled insectoids. You live on the slopes of an active Volcano. Recently your hives were destroyed by dwarves of another nearby mountain. Your numbers are few at the moment but your Queen remains, there is still hope to rebuild.

Turn 1
You scour the craggy hill sides for food. You find a nest of fire lizard eggs. You collect them and return to the queen.

The Queen grows uneasy as she is exposed to the elements.

Primary action:
>burrow shelters
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout
>Tend to the Queen

Secondary action:
>What do with: Fire lizard eggs
>>
>>343522

scout, gotta know if this is a good place to settle

build hatchery for lizard eggs, gotta breed our livestock
>>
>>343528
This
>>
Build some borrows, and set up a way of farming the lizard eggs.
>>
kill jester
>>
You scout the hillsides, seeming to only find craggy outcroppings and lava flows. You finally manage to find a small cave, hidden by the shadow cast by a over hagging cliff.

Your Queen is happy with it, it will serve for now. You carve out a small burrow and place the Fire Lizard eggs into it, the warmth of the mountain will see that they hatch.

Primary action:
>burrow shelters
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout
>Tend to the Queen
>>
>>343545
Replace Burrow Shelters with Expand Nest.
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>343545

expand nest, this place seems fair enough
>>
>>343548
Expand Nest Options:

>Build Egg Chamber
>Build Mutation Chamber
>Build Housing Chamber
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>
>>343556
egg chamber immediately
>>
egg chamber ftw
>>
>>343556
Egg chamber for sure. We can build housing while they're incubating
>>
>>343556
Mutation chamber
>>
At the far end of the cave you carve out a large open chamber and cover the walls in a sticky slime. The heat radiating from the Mountain will keep the temperature of the chamber warm for the future eggs and larva.

The Queen is happy, tending to her will now yield eggs.
The fire lizard eggs have hatched; 2 males and 4 females. It will take time for them to grow large enough to breed.

Primary action:
>Expand nest
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout
>Tend to the Queen

Secondary Action:
>What do with: Newborn fire lizards?
>>
>>343578
we actually need food now, for everyone. send out a party

the lizards just hang onto
>>
>>343578
Hunt for the queen and find out from our lizard allies, what fire lizards eat?

If they can fight, make fire lizards guard snakes of the egg chamber.
>>
>>343578
>Hunt/gather food
>What do with: Newborn fire lizards play with them.
>>
File: Firelizard.png (1MB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Firelizard.png
1MB, 1024x640px
>>343595
Fire Lizards are not smart. They are not Lizardfolk, they are just big lizards. they feed on lava/lava rock, and Obsidian Insects when they are full gown.
>>
You send out a party of hunter bugs to find fresh game. They come across the mother fire lizard whose nest you pilfered. She does not seem very pleased to find her eggs missing.

>Look for other means of food
>Slay the mother Fire Lizard
>>
>>343606
Capture the lizard and use her to raise the other ones.
So that we can have a fire lizard cavalry to ride on with our obsidian carapaces.
>>
>>343609
>>343609

If no one else chimes in soon this will be what happens. But there is NO guarantee that the attempt to capture will work.
>>
>>343606
slay tht bitch and get more eggs
>>
>>343609
First i want too know how is our shape before riding some mounts, are we semi humanoid insects with 2 leg and multiple arms or pure insects with 6 legs ?
>>
Your hunting party attempts to subdue the large Female Fire Lizard.

You fuckers got an 18 vs a 7. Good job!

It work well, you harass her all the way back to the cave and into the burrow with the young fire lizards. It's a tight fit so you expand the pit to accommodate her comfortably. As you're expanding you tap into a small lava flow, it proves no danger to the fire lizards and they are now able to feed themselves.
The young one are not quite old enough to breed. The 2 young males bully each other and the other young females.

The Queen now grows hungry.

Primary action:
>Expand nest
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout
>Tend to the Queen
>>
>>343653
>Hunt/gather food
>>
>>343645
Right now you are basic 6 legged Bugs. Sorta like a Beetle crossed a thing from Starship troopers.
>>
>>343653
Gather food and feed the queen
>>
>>343653
Build a mutation chamber, we need to be able to mount these things
>>
File: latest[1].png (460KB, 400x586px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
460KB, 400x586px
>>343653
>>343662
Lets create evolution/mutation chamber, too slowly research or evolve our form
>>
Ok we have a 2 for gather food, and 2 for mutation chamber. Can we get a tie breaker?
>>
>>343682
The Queen is more important gather food and then build it
>>
>>343682
>>343700
food 1st then chamber
>>
You send out another hunting party in search of food. You only find the corpse of a single Human explorer. He looks to have died from dehydration and heat exhaustion.

You return to the queen with the body and she quickly devours it. She is Satisfied for now.

You go to work on another chamber. This one you intend to use for bringing about mutations in your race. In order for your RACE to you must place a Queen Larva in the chamber, and use the mutated Queen to breed more.The more Larva in the chamber the more likely you are to find the Mutation you want. Putting normal larva will yield a mutated adult.

But if it's mutation is a desirable one you can them, with a queen to yield more larva with that mutation, including a Mutated Queen Larva.

The female fire lizards are now old enough to be breed. One of the male has become big and fat, perfect for eating or breeding meaty offspring. The other while smaller is lean and faster than the other.

Primary action:
>Expand nest
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout
>Tend to the Queen

Secondary:
>Slaughter fire adult fire lizards
>Breed Meaty Fire Lizard
>Breed Lean Fire Lizards
>>
>>343719
you can Breed* them with a queen to yield more larva with that mutation
>>
>Scout the vicinity

>Breed meaty fire lizards
I think. I mean, why not?
>>
You send out scouts to search the area.

They spot a group of 4 Dwarves. They seem to be scouting the Volcano. They are lightly armed and armored.
You don't see any insignia or banners to identify them, they could be some of the same dwarves that attacked your original Hive or they could just be explorers from another mountain clan.

>What do you do?
>>
>>343747
can you list our army strength ?
>>
>>343753
1 Queen
25 Drones

Drones are just basic Bugs that can fill the role of worker/fighter/scout/hunter but don't excel at anything.

Something like Pic >>343653 ralated
>>
Bump. The DM is STILL here.
>>
>>343747
Avoid the drawves. If we kill them, we risk hostile relations with an unknown fraction, or provoking the clan that decimated us.

If we attract their attention, we might be welcoming death to our nest. Best to leave them be and keep on scouting.
>>
>>343747
>>343762
We are weak.
Just follow and see what the dwarfs doing
>>
>>343781
>>343796

You avoid being seen and follow the dwarves. Luckily you're able to continue your scouting since they seem to be exploring the upper part of the volcano.

They come across a wide mouth cave. Large tracks lead into the cave.

The dwarfs talk among themselves and decide to venture into the cave.

What do you do?
>Examine the tracks
>Examine the mouth of the cave
>Follow the Dwarfs
>Return home
>>
>tend to queen
Get our numbers up

Breed meaty if we are gonna use as food
Breed lean if we are gonna use as "pets"
>>
>>343802
Examine the tracks. If it belong's to a large, dangerous animal, follow the dwarves into the cave and help them fight it, if they decide to fighting it
>>
>>343814
I vote for this
>>
>>343821
Diplomat route or nah?
>>
>>343814

The tracks are definitely from a large creature. It 5 toes that end in claws. Another track seems to have come from the tail of what ever this creature is. The tracks seem to be several weeks old and and show no sign of anything having left the cave.

>Examine the mouth of the cave
>Follow the Dwarfs
>Return home
>>
>>343824
I dont really like the diplomat route, we're a Hive, we must consume and expand
>>
>>343826
>Follow Dwarves
>>
>>343824
Diplomat route YES
>>
>>343826
>>343829
Follow dwarves into cave. Might be something that's hibernating ( in a volcano? ) or a mother that's raising children ( without going out for food? )

I would love some opinions.
>>
Dident these guys destroy our burrow not to long ago! Why do diplomacy with these warmongers? I doubt we can even communicate

>roll boulders to block the enterance & leave
>>
>>343841
ok this sounds fun block entrance with rocks!
>>
Bump. Seems we have a 50/50 split
>>343839
>>343830

>>343841
>>343843

1 for follow the Dwarfs
2 for roll boulder in front of cave
>>
>>343847
Roll that boulder!
>>
Your scouts roll a large boulder in front of the cave entrance.

Press
> 1 Return home
> 2 Stick around for a little while
>>
>>343841
>>343849
Hold on now, the narrator never said that the drawves in the cave and the dwarves that wiped us out were of the same clan

>they COULD be some of the same dwarves that attacked your original Hive
>>
>>343852
>>343853
well fugg. No point in staying around, why not return to our hive and get some more things done. Also

>cover our tracks

dont want to let the dwarves know of our existince just yet
>>
>>343852
Search for food, or other possibly domesticatable fauna
>>343853
Ah crud. Still, the dwarves could see us as a threat that needs to be, ehh, "removed."
>>
You cover your tracks and make your way back to your new hive.

The Queen is hungry
There are 80 new Fire Lizard eggs

Primary action:
>Expand nest
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout
>Tend to the Queen

Secondary:
>Slaughter fire adult fire lizards
>Breed Meaty Fire Lizard
>Breed Lean Fire Lizards
>Eat eggs (30 eggs to satisfy hunger)
>>
>>343865
Eat eggs, and create two new rooms, for future mounts and livestock. Oh yeah, and BREEEED. Especially the meaty one.
>>
What's the strength differance between us and the lava lizards?

Would having 80of these things walking around be dangerous?

>eat 30 & tend to queen
>>
File: prius c.jpg (57KB, 737x297px) Image search: [Google]
prius c.jpg
57KB, 737x297px
>>343867
Full grown adult Male Lizards are about 2.5x the size as of us 1 full grown male (when enraged or very hungry) can kill 4 Full grow adult Drones. Drones are slightly smaller than a 2015 toyota Prius c
>>
>>343870
Keep them well fed, and breed them into cow-like livestock. As for the lean ones, breed them to be more like subservient horses.
>>
The hive consumes 30 eggs. 1 for every drone and 5 for the Queen.

>>343866
Keep in mind we are not bipedel bug people. We are a cross between a 3 horned beetle and Starship Trooper's bug. So using these Lizards as mounts is impractical, unless/until we mutate into smaller 2 legged bug people.
>>
The Queen's egg sack seems full, she wishes to be tended to (to have them moved to the Egg Chamber for hatching)

Primary action:
>Expand nest
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout
>Tend to the Queen
>>
>tend 2 da queen
>>
>>343880
Time to tend the queen and make an evolution chamber. I like the idea of evolving to use tools, and mounts. Maybe we should take those dorfs?
>>
The Queen lays 73 eggs You move them into the Egg Chamber.

You carve out a Mutation Chamber and cover the walls in sticky/silky slime.

You've scouted the territory immediately around you. You can now:
Primary action:
>Expand nest
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout South (rocky wastes)
>Scout North (Volcano Summit)
>Scout West (Mountains)
>Scout East (Swampy marsh )
>>
Are we omnivorous?
>>
>>343872
Do we even need to become Bipedal? Why dilute our form? Why become life the Dwarfs when we are strong and smart like bugs?
>>
>>343888
No
>>
73 new members means we need more room
> expand
>>
I agree, expand.
>>
>>343886
focus on finishing evo chamber and start using it
>>
>>343894
Evo Chamber is done.
Must have larva to USE evo Chamber. Young larva are easy to shape as they molt, full grown adult drones no longer molt.
>>
>>343896
Ok expand nest
>>
>>343898
Seconding
>>
Send out a drone or four to retrieve dorfs, and tend to queen.
>>343890
Who says we all must become bipedal? Just a few lizard jockeys, maybe, and some dorf-roach miners.
>>
You expand your nest. You population cap has increased from 40 to 80.

Drones count as +1 to Pop. Queens count as +4.

The 50 remaining Fire lizard eggs have hatched 36 males, 14 Females.

>Expand nest
>Expand Housing
>Expand Lizard pit
>Build Queen Chamber (Will connect to Egg Chamber. Right now she is in the central hall where the tunnels to all the other rooms meet.)

Primary action:
>Hunt/gather food
>Scout West (Mountains)

Secondary:
>Cull Lizards (Current count, 2 adult males, 5 adult females, 36 young males, 14 young females.)
>Breed Meaty Fire Lizard
>Breed Lean Fire Lizards
>>
Expand/build are Primary actions.
>>
Build a queen chamber, and cull the males to be equal to the females
>>
The lizards, I mean
>>
>>343908
Seconding
>>
>>343905
And scout the summit
>>
You carve out the Queen's new chamber. She is now deeper into the cave and (hopefully) safer from outside threats.

You cull 22 young male Fire lizards the meat is given to the drones, Queen, and left overs placed in the Egg chamber (for when they hatch).

Primary action:
>Scout West (Mountains)
>>
Scout the summit.
>>
>>343919
Second
>>
File: firewyrm.jpg (100KB, 546x736px) Image search: [Google]
firewyrm.jpg
100KB, 546x736px
Your scouts climb to the summit of the Volcano. It's seems to be about a quarter of the way full of magma. Far bellow in the magma lake is the slithering form of a Fire Wyrm
>>
>>343923
Lets get back to the nest. No point in non guaranteed challenges. Maybe we can work with it later. What's its size?
>>
>>343923
What shall you do?

>Examine the Wyrm
>Attack the wyrm
>Approach the wyrm
>Return home

>>343923 The Wyrm is the 160ft long
>>
Return home. Yesterday.
>>
>>343927
Return to the nest. We must expand and progress ourselves into a powerful force.
>>
You return to the nest.

Your 73 eggs have hatched into 70 Drone larva and 3 Queen Larva

Primary action:
>Expand nest
>Scout West (Mountains)
>Scout East (Swampy marsh)
>Place # Drone Larva into Mutation Chamber
>Place # Queen Larva into Mutation Chamber

Secondary:
>Breed Meaty Fire Lizard
>Breed Lean Fire Lizards
>>
>>343932
70 larva too chamber evolve them too combat type
>>
>>343932
Set 3 queen larva inside and breed some fat liz kids
>>
Retrieve dorfs for partial bipedal mutation, maybe 30 of the larva.
>>
We WILL have lizard jockeys.
>>
>>343932
You gettin sleepy OP? Thanks for thw super cool adventure! I hope we can get psychic abilities through genetic manipulation and become badass klandatu type badasses!
>>
Okay it's 3:40 AM here I'm gonna get off.
Some one come up with a list of mutations
Examples:
>projectile spikes
>Razor claws
>Wings
>Jump legs
>Acid spit
>etc

I'm gonna get some sleep, hopefully I can make it back before 404.

If someone wants to take up the role as DM Make a new thread and post here. Feel free to change it up. I know I'll be doing something different for my next Civ thread. Incects are kinda a weird one to do for a newbie.

If you make a new thread link to it and post here.
>>
Hmm. Can species brought in the evo room influence the process?
>>
>>343941
Ooooh, acid spit and future lizard mounts?! Sounds nice. Yelp, it's 3:45 here. Time to sleep. I await a fun thread
>>
I'll do my best to keep it alive!
>>
Badump
>>
Bumperoni?
I feel like this has potential
>>
We need an artist. We have to see our future gun-toting lavalizard riders. Bumperooo
>>
File: 1000[1].jpg (90KB, 1000x590px) Image search: [Google]
1000[1].jpg
90KB, 1000x590px
>>343949
Khazix LoL riding a lizard
>>
Bahrumpabamump
>>
Babump
>>
Dont die!
>>
Bump, ive been monitoring this adventure
>>
>>345212
About 1 bump everyone 6 or so hours will do fine new friend.
>You're just spamming at this point.
>>
>>345326
oh. Sorry.
>>
Bumpadumparump
>>
>>347820
I love how involved you are in keeping this thread alive
>>
>>347926
If i had a faster connection, I would continue it...
>>
>>347926
Wouldn't you be too if there was the possibility of riding a fucking salamander into battle?
>>
Bumpa
>>
There is no need to bump in /qst/. Don't do it.
>>
>>350041
.... Ah. Shit. Did not know that.
>>
>>343941
Instead of having random parts and abilities added... I would suggest the mutations instead lead to new classes of larva/insects for the hive... though the process would be random

>Scout Drone- A drone that is smaller and less armored than a standard drone, but much faster and with better forward facing eyesight... Could mutate further into a Flier, Chameleon or Tunneling form.

Warrior Drone: A slower, bulkier Drone with sharper claws and thicker armor. Could be upgraded to become:
>Centurion (Can interlock themselves to form a wall of living blades/chitin).
> Limpet; Less offense, absolute defense with very thick armor, Or Hunter (Works best when all alone, larger jaws, perhaps a ranged attack)

>Reaver Drone: A drone lacking armor or speed, yet much more intelligent and more specialized in the acquisition of prey items/ planning/ raiding materials/goods from other species (Such as the dwarves), essentially the rogue/cavalier of the species. Could then upgrade to become:
>Ghost- Does not need to make any rolls to leave no trace, and does so automatically.
> Assassin: Gains a potent neurotoxin, though has to inject it at close range and is only effective against organic targets (Obviously), Or

Nurse Drone
An economy based drone, much weaker and automatically unable to attack/defend itself, but when tending a queen allows her to give out more eggs, and cleans up the nest itself. Could be upgraded to:
>Builder; Can build more advanced structures/advanced chambers for the hive such as traps, or hidden rooms.

Just some ideas :P
>>
>>350679
I like this.
>>
>>352037
Will you continue tonight?
>>
File: tumblr_muk51aBL4G1sspmsxo2_500.jpg (139KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muk51aBL4G1sspmsxo2_500.jpg
139KB, 500x333px
>>352037
Why thank you, I thought of a few more ideas too:

>Mermithergate; a development from the Nurse drone, simple enemies such as animals and less intelligent races will prioritize attacking these drones over all others and will ignore any other drones nearby until these ones are deceased.
>Plerergate: Another development of the Nurse Drone; Can store food inside of itself and prevent it from spoiling for long periods of time, and could be used for trade with the sweet honey they regurgitate.

>Autothysis Drone: As the name implies, this drone bravely charges into groups of enemies and then ruptures it's carapace so the toxic/reactive compounds in special pouches lining its body mix... And then Explode spectacularly.
>>
>>352784
Allahu Akbug
>>
>>352784
Banelings
>>
>>352802
>>353007
Essentially yes, though with a different overall look, although instead of acid they would probably use something like nitrocellulose in their carapaces, and the shrapnel caused by these carapaces shredding apart and flying at bullet speeds would probably kill just as many enemies as those set on fire by said nitrocellulose shreds.

They could also use Cheddite, a mixture of chlorates and oil; Producing a similar effect to a R wz. 42 hand grenade when mixed.

So Is the OP returning?
>>
>>355293
I don't think op is coming back unless you want to be the new op I'm pretty sure this quest is going to die I seen it happened before.
>>
someone make a new thread and continue this.

maybe JqRpw2Mq can
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.