[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sultera Online #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 001.jpg (144KB, 733x510px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
144KB, 733x510px
I really hope this isn’t too much exposition. Welcome to Sultera Online's first thread and my first quest! This will be moderately slow since I do both write and draw this so please be patient with me. Enjoy!

--

You ease into your chair and slide the VR display over your eyes, popping the wired earbuds that doubled as earplugs into your ears. This was the moment you had been waiting for. You finally had the chance to play the MMO of the century. Well, the closed beta at least. It was a wonder you even managed to get your hands on it to begin with. People were clambering to get their hands on a copy after some footage was leaked on the internet. The level of attention to the mechanics of the game on a technical level is what impressed gamers across the world. In fact, it was so impressive that people who never even touched an MMO in their life were willing to pick it up to give it a try.

The AI alone was said to be extremely intelligent and the days of preconceived schedules for NPCs were over. The NPCs were equipped with simple yet robust script packages that simulated the human ability to learn and react to sensory stimulation. It’s the type of stuff that’s used on androids nowadays but lightweight and with the inclusion of a moral compass and set of values. Of course the developers had to create an algorithm that determined a moral compass and set of values specific to an NPC that was determined with a random number generator and the area the NPC resides. It was rather ingenious. They even tagged specific areas with stuff like level of poverty and cultural influences to affect the NPCs behavior.

You stare into the display as it hums to life and logos flashed across the screen. All that was left to do was to insert the sensory chip into your forehead… It was the core selling point of the game after all. It was revolutionary! The chip tricked your brain into thinking your digital avatar’s body was your real body. Every object in the game was tagged with specific sensory responses that are fed directly to your brain if you decide to touch, smell or taste an object in the game. This was what made the game so desirably to so many people.

You press the cool metal chip into your brain implant and sigh as you felt yourself dip into a drowsy state. The games title lit up on the screen, “Sultera Online”, before fading into whiteness. You feel your senses leaving you and you’re left floating in a sea of white. As the drowsiness slowly takes hold you think about the character you had generated on the separate app that was included with the game kit. You were going to be a serious bad ass, nothing like your current self. Finally, you fall asleep.
>>
>>342111
Do we wake up?
>>
File: 002.jpg (685KB, 2150x893px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
685KB, 2150x893px
You wake up in a grassy plain. You sit up and the first thing you see is that there's an illegible sign in front of you. As you feel your excitement build you realize something was quite right with the current body you were inhabiting. What do you do?

>Inspect the area.
>Inspect yourself.
>Write-in.
>>
>>342123
>we've become a little girl
No need to get off right now, inspect the area
>>
>>342123
>>Inspect the area.
Check out the graphics, feel the immersion. Is the grass right? Does the framerate drop when we look far away?
>>
>>342123
>little girl
what the fuck? why?
>>
>>342243
Maybe we're a little androgynous boy?
>>
>>342251
>implying that's any better
>>
>>342261
It's a little better.
>>
File: 003.jpg (332KB, 1175x884px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
332KB, 1175x884px
>>342127
>>342134
You inspect the area. The sign seems to be meant for pointing the direction of... something. Both paths lead to a forest though and it's unknown what they lead to. What do you do?

>Take the right path.
>Take the left path.
>Inspect yourself.
>Write-in.

>>342243
Comedic purposes. I'm sure you've played as stranger characters. baka

I apologize for my shitty background art ahead of time. :^)
>>
>>342468
Inspect self. How high can we jump? One handed push ups.?
>>
>>342468
>>Inspect yourself.
Poke those goggles for a sec so you know how to end the session.
>>
>>342468
>>Inspect yourself.
>>
>>342468

>>inspect yourself

Do we have any starting items/equipment/currency?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.