[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Zombocalypse Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: FZ.jpg (588KB, 1800x766px) Image search: [Google]
FZ.jpg
588KB, 1800x766px
Call me Chainmail. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - the world turned to absolute fucking shit. It started when the Council of 13, the asshats who protected the Spellsongs, decided to fragment themselves and try to achieve dominance over one another. It didn't well. The skies were ripped apart by flame, lightning shattered the earth, ice covered the oceans, etc. etc. and Faggle, the greatest asshole of them all, made the dead rise from their graves. And all of this in about 4 and a half hours.

A lot of people died, and subsequently, were brought back to life as husks serving under Faggle, the Last Lifemaster. See, it was Faggle who started this whole shit. He found out that there was another way to acquire the Spellsongs, a much faster way: eat the brains of other spellsingers. He started with the other council members, but only two of them survived the complete annihilation that usually accompanies spellsinger duels. Those two, Faggle personally killed, and then he ate their fucking brains. But it wasn't enough. Faggle wanted all the Spellsongs. And also, Spellsongs obtained in this quaint way, didn't last long. Faggle need a constant supply of brains so he sent out his army of zombies to collect the brains of any and all spellsingers.

Unfortunately, the zombies made no distinction between spellsingers and ordinary people. It was easier to just to harvest everyone's brains. A lot more people died. The remaining survivors took to the skies in giant airships powered by starstone -- the material which makes the stars stay in the sky. The Deadlands, as its now called, are only traversed by the bravest, stupidest or most desperate of adventurers.

Yes, I'm sorry to say that I, Chainmail, am among the brave and stupid. My task (self-appointed of course) is to replenish the ever depleting supply of starstone on The Corona, the airship I call home. Unfortunately, starstone can only be found on land and that means idiots like me have to constantly risk our lives fighting against Faggle's zombies.

But its worth it. A single shard of starstone gets you another 3 months of airtime. Another 3 months of safety. Also starstone fetches a ridiculous price on the open market. The aforesaid shard can net enough coin for several small orgies or one very large one. But bacchanal mathematics aside, I do it for the children. Honest.
>>
Now then, let me formally introduce myself. I'm Chainmail, 24 years old, single, virgin (I told you I did it for the children). I'm a(n):

>Cantor - Natural spellsingers, they can only memorize half the normal number of spellsongs, but they never forget a spellsong after singing
>Composer - The most flexible of all spellsingers, Composers do not memorize spellsongs beforehand but can use them on the fly, they can only sing a limited number of times a day however
>Mute - Mutes are specially selected from those who are born deaf and dumb. They cannot sing, nor can spellsongs affect them, consequently they are trained from birth in assassination and espionage.
>Phage - Despicable motherfuckers that follow in Faggle's footsteps and eat the brain flesh of dead (and sometimes living) spellsingers. They've done it enough times that their bodies have adapted and now brain flesh is the only thing they can eat, animal, human, spellsinger, commoner, dead, alive, it doesn't matter, they eat it all. Whenever you consume brain flesh you can instantly memorize an additional spellsong from your list.
>Book - Books are, in a word, geniuses. They are masters of memorization, They can memorize a number of spells equal to their intelligence stat, but memorizing exhausts them and they have wait twice as long before attempting to memorize again. They also get the most pussy (or so I've heard).

Roll 7d10 for your stats:

Strength
Dexterity
Agility
Intelligence
Charisma
Endurance
Luck
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 10, 4, 1, 3, 7 = 34 (7d10)

>>337206
Composer
>>
Rolled 7, 1, 8, 10, 10, 2, 7 = 45 (7d10)

>>337206
>Composer
>>
Rolled 3, 9, 1, 5, 6, 1, 3 = 28 (7d10)

>>337206
>Composer
>>
>>337243
>>337321
>>337332

>Stats
Strength - 7
Dexterity - 1
Agility - 8
Intelligence - 10
Charisma - 10
Endurance - 2
Luck - 7

Composers are unlike other spellsingers, in that they have a number of "open slots" instead of pre-memorized spellsongs. This means they always have access to their entire cantos of spellsongs, but every time a spellsong is sung (whether it is successful or not), one of these slots is used up and cannot be used for another 24 hours.

Choose a spellsong to start with:
1. Fire - Pretty self-explanatory, generates heat which in turn causes fires. Can be used in many ways, DC changes based on amount/intensity of heat. Deals d(Int) + Level damage/
2. Cure - The most basic spellsong for all healers, it is also the most versatile. It can cure most physical injuries, internal or external. It cannot cure poison or injuries which are obstructed in some way. Heals d(Int)+Level HP
3. Stop - Create a localized field in which time stops for everything except you. DC changed by size and duration of the field.
>>
>>337401
>Stop
jesus, we're a paraplegic with that Dex score
>>
>>337401
>Stop
Not including things like air, I assume? Because I will complain if we suffocate hideously, pinned in place by the immobile air in our lungs, the first time we use this.
>>
>>337401
Also forgot these:

HP = Str + End = 9
Spellsong Slots = Int/2 + Level = 6
Base DC = 13

>>337414
>>337423
"You" includes everything inside you as well, so this won't be a problem.

And now to finish character creation, your weapon of choice is:
>Longsword (Melee) - And oldie, but deadly in the right hands.
>Water Pistols (Ranged) - Dual pistols which shoot water (from a tank worn on the back) at very high speeds, using the repulsive force of the starstone embedded in the barrel of the pistols
>Spear (Mixed) - Probably the oldest weapon there is, a simple wooden spear with a point of sharpened iron. Can be thrown.
>>
>>337461
>Spear
>>
>>337461
Note, Longsword uses Agi, Pistols use Dex and Spear uses Str
>>
>>337461
>Longsword
>>
>>337401
So, clearly we are a face and a mastermind. definitely not a frontline fighter. Go spear.
>>
>>337466
>>337497
Nothing like a catching wild game and the side of a husk's head with the point of a spear. But it's not doing me much good right now. I'm stuck in a ruined village with zombies wandering all the roads on all sides.

I already used up two of my spellsong slots, which leaves me with 4. There's at least 20 husks out there, probably more. I wasn't even able to find any starstone, just some food and water. I'm still a few clicks north of the landing zone and the sun is gonna set soon, making it practically impossible to leave this place.

What should I do?
>>
>>337646
Are there any immediately threatening husks, or are they wandering around outside? Also, do we have a scheduled pick-up/rendevous we have to meet, or can we stay overnight and leave in the morning?
If the latter
>>
>>337657
Husks are wandering around outside the building. They are attracted to noise rather than sight or smell.

Your scheduled pick up zone is around 3 clicks south of your current position, you'll have to get there by noon tomorrow or The Corona will move to a new pick-up.
>>
>>338389
try to sneak by them
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.