[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Scoundrel Quest III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: devaronianfella.jpg (493KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
devaronianfella.jpg
493KB, 1600x1200px
Previous: >>313265
Schedule (inconsistent, sorry): https://twitter.com/Scoundrel_OP
Inventory/CS: http://pastebin.com/cFJfscrH

Kaz... I'm already a Devaronian.

3950 BBY, shortly after the defeat of the Triumvirate...

You are Nas Rennow, a Devaronian bounty hunter with more bark than bite. You're all (devilish) smiles when druk hits the fan, but sometimes even a good attitude isn't enough to deflect beams to the head. The Force can do that, but you'd rather never deal with that perverted pseudo-spiritual monstrosity ever again.

Sure, the Force is dying or something, but you're too busy being a Nar Shaddaa hotshot to care. There are more important things in life, like stabilizing your financial situation and shooting people for a living. Maybe you'll even upgrade to an apartment on one of the upper levels of the city, if you're lucky.

You have a sneaking suspicion that your employers at the Exchange are beginning to see you as some kind of miracle-working errand boy, as their most recent assignment saw you hijacking a shuttle and tricking a Hutt Cartel crime lord into a kidnapping.

Soon you'll be visiting your new "friend", Gwan. He's not much to look at, and he certainly isn't endowed with the gift of the gab, but he may just be your ticket to bailing your friend Dalt Frey out of his overwhelming swoop debts.

Alternatively, you may be able to finish things up with the Exchange and get some payment for your troubles.

Current Agenda:

>Take a bath before meeting up with Gwan. Sure, you're late, but you'd rather not offend a Weequay with bad pheromones. {slight bonus to most dialogue options taken in person; more professional and presentable}
>Go to the meeting with Gwan.
- or -
>Head back to the Exchange lockup. They'll pull every card they can to get out of paying you for a job-well-done, but you're good at negotiating.
>Regardless of which choice you take, you'd like to get your toes fixed later on. You broke two of them only minutes ago in a daring escape from a rooftop blaster-fight. {very slight detriment to character's mobility in certain rolls}

Next post incoming. Don't reply to this one!
>>
File: residential.jpg (128KB, 811x699px) Image search: [Google]
residential.jpg
128KB, 811x699px
>>335644

The door to your flat is like a gateway into a world of bearable stench, and compared to the landfill (literally) you found yourself in only an hour ago, it's downright heavenly. Aren't you lucky to live just above a factory that recycles waste into construction materials?

You throw your arms out in a stretch and back against the wall. You slide down slowly and take in the pleasant atmosphere surrounding you. It feels good to be in a safe place after cheating death.

You unstrap your boots and head to the restroom, almost bumping into your friend Dalt. He seems preoccupied.

The once happy-go-lucky bigshot swoop racer has fallen quite a distance, but not in the way bikers usually fall. While not utterly depressed, he clearly has a few problems. Chief among them is regret, as evidenced by the scrapbook in his hands. You see a few pictures of yourself in there, as well as some unknown blonde human woman.

>"A scrapbook? You didn't tell me you were putting old pictures in here. Kark, I'd think you were trying to hit on me if I didn't know any better." you quip. Really, though, this kinda weirds you out.

Dalt looks taken aback when he sees you. "Oh, you're still alive. Are... are they gone? Are my debts gone? Please tell me I can leave this place. There are too many bad memories here." Dalt says with hysteria in his voice.

You shake your head and consider your options for a moment. The Exchange really do want you back as soon as possible, but would their money be enough to pay off Dalt's debts? You did just capture a Hutt, after all. If you do that, you'll probably lose your chance to help out Gwan. It seems like his issue is pretty urgent, and further delay may ruin your chances entirely.

On the other hand, Gwan has been nothing but reasonable with you so far. Gwan's as fair as they come in this drukhole, and you'd rather assist him than a shady organization that thrives on backstabbing. Still, he and his employers have their own agendas, and this is just something you'll have to accept.

>Meet up with Gwan after a quick bath. Maybe Tol Shani will cancel Dalt's debts if your efforts prove satisfactory. [Trustworthy] [Professional]
>Have a quick bath, then head back to the lockup to assist in Borda's interrogation. Make sure the Exchange doesn't weasel out of giving you your just dues this time. [Loyal] [Persistent]
>The third option: do things your way. Write-in.

You may only choose one of these options, and whichever one you choose will drastically impact the quest's direction.
>>
>>335647
>Meet up with Gwan after a quick bath. Maybe Tol Shani will cancel Dalt's debts if your efforts prove satisfactory. [Trustworthy] [Professional]
Honestly, kinda want to do the whole "Independent Bounty Hunter" thing. The Exchange idea hasn't really worked out the way I thought it would, and I just like being a free agent due to variety of jobs.
>>
>>335647
Yeah, agreeing with >>335738. Kinda just want to work freelance.
>>
File: pazaaknslop.jpg (69KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
pazaaknslop.jpg
69KB, 600x337px
>>335738
>>335852

Inventory/CS: http://pastebin.com/cFJfscrH

>Meet up with Gwan after a quick bath. Maybe Tol Shani will cancel Dalt's debts if your efforts prove satisfactory.

Screw the Exchange! You're sick of them using you. Besides, you prefer the freelancer life anyway.

20 minutes later...

At the junction between the Slums, Duros Sector, and Undercity, you find yourself at the front entrance to the Pazaak 'n' Slop. Although it's a quaint establishment with a bunker-style exterior and an interior that lies mostly underground, its influence reaches far and wide. A safe haven to some of the less violent professions of Nar Shaddaa (like bounty hunters, smugglers, and seedy entrepreneurs), the Pazaak 'n' Slop attracts the kind of clientele that will share a few stories and drinks before they pull a blaster on you. It's certainly not the worst place to have a meeting, provided you don't plan on sharing any missile launch codes within the earshot of another patron.

The guard droids flanking the entrance provide a sense of safety that isn't often found in Nar Shaddaa. You nod to them and make your entrance, soon descending a wide staircase that leads you directly into the bar/restaurant.

There is a stage to the left where a Duros comedian is performing. At the Pazaak 'n' Slop, every night is open-mic night. You've had your share of drunken performances.

To your right is the restaurant section of the establishment. This is where people eat and drink, naturally. If you're feeling extra deranged, you can also sit at a table or booth. The serving ladies are marginally more attractive than a pile of poodoo.

Directly ahead, and surrounding the stairs, is considered the bar section of the establishment. This is where the magic happens (then ends an hour later after you've picked one too many barfights). Business isn't booming quite yet, since the day only began four or so hours ago.

Behind the staircase lies the main attraction: four rooms of nothing but pazaak tables, all branched off from a large room where people lock in their bets on telescreens and exchange credits for chips.

You don't see Gwan anywhere. Maybe you're too late, maybe he's late, or maybe he's just not here right now.
>>
File: guard_droid.jpg (82KB, 549x599px) Image search: [Google]
guard_droid.jpg
82KB, 549x599px
>>335994

>Order something light from the bartender. You don't want a repeat of the first night you met him. [Lightweight] [Leery]
>Order something strong from the bartender while you wait for Gwan. [Heavyweight] [Patient]
>Ask the Gran bartender where Gwan is. [Straightforward]
>Check the bathroom. [Straightforward]
>Chat up a few serving ladies while you wait for Gwan. [Flirtatious]
>Take a seat close to the stage. See how good the comedian is while you wait. [Patient] [Observant]
>Scan the entire establishment looking for Gwan. There's no time to wait. [Impatient] [Straightforward]
>You haven't had anything to eat in a while. [Subsisting] (note: you don't have to worry about eating in this quest, but doing so has a *very* slight impact on some action rolls)
>Challenge someone to a barfight, see if Gwan notices. [Violent] [Unorthodox] [Risky]
>Sit down on the staircase and wait. [Patient]
>Combine options above or write-in.

Next reply will be faster.
>>
>>335998
>Order something light from the bartender. You don't want a repeat of the first night you met him. [Lightweight] [Leery]
>Ask the Gran bartender where Gwan is. [Straightforward]
>>
>>335998
Also, high SWOP. How's your "Play with fire and explosives while eating a ground cow on a bun" day?
>>
>>336032
Was two days ago for me, but today has been alright. I did eat some cow on a bun, so I feel pretty satisfied. Are you in America?

>>336005
Taking this and rolling with it now. I'll try to make it quick.
>>
>>335998
>>Combine options above or write-in.
>Stand next to the staircase and spend a good moment to scan the place. [Patient] [Prepared]
>Once we get a basic look in this place, mosey through this hole and look for Gwan. Looking out for ourselves while doing so. keeping ourselves aware & alert in-case someone intends to start something with us [Calm-Cunning] [Perceptive]

For the record I do think we should eventually get back to The Exchange. The contact seems like a worthwhile endeavour. Building genuinely trust-based relationships (i.e. Gwan & possibly Pror-Gresk) takes priority, of course.
>>
>>336039
I'll try to combine both sets of options, actually.
>>
>>336037
Damn straight. Still watching the dog, so no fireworks for me. Asshole teens don't care that those rockets they buy in the next state over scare the hell out of him, so I got to watch him so he doesn't damage the house.
>>
File: MAD.jpg (142KB, 540x566px) Image search: [Google]
MAD.jpg
142KB, 540x566px
>>336005
>>336039

Inventory/CS: http://pastebin.com/367bg5qB

>Order something light from the bartender. You don't want a repeat of the first night you met Gwan.

You seat yourself at the bar, adjacent to a small group of Sullustans. Sullustani? You don't know which it's supposed to be.

>"One... blue milk cocktail, I suppose."

The Gran laughs heartily. "Best joke I've heard tonight, and there's a comedian performing. Word of advice: don't go near him."

>"Tell me about it. I don't usually drink this kind of thing, I swear. I prefer syrspirits."

"It's fine, bud. I won't let anyone in on your secret."

You slide ten credits across the bar and exchange it for a small glass of bantha titmilk with a generous pinch of alcohol. Oh well, gotta stay light for now.

>"Say, did you see a sheb-faced Weequay walk through here? I've got a date to attend."

"Now that you mention it, yeah, that's a strange situation there. He walked in an hour or so ago and I haven't seen him since."

>Stand next to the staircase and spend a good moment to scan the place.

You take a few sips of the drink and excuse yourself from the bar. From the corner of your eye, a hideous Sullustan lady(?) shoots you a wink.

Leaning on the railing of the staircase, you glance all across the establishment once, twice, thrice... and find nothing. Weird.

>Once we get a basic look in this place, mosey through this hole and look for Gwan. Looking out for ourselves while doing so; keeping ourselves aware & alert in-case someone intends to start something with us.

You see a few possible leads in the restaurant section of the bunker: a Twi'lek woman sitting alone with a drink, a male Weequay you mistook for Gwan (he's too fat and he only has one knot in his ponytail; the devil is in the details), and a spilled glass of ice blaster. You approach the restaurant, and...

You feel a tap on your shoulder. You steeled yourself for interruptions, so you twist around in a knick of time to see a dark-furred Wookiee's fist flying toward your face. You dodge and fall onto your ass in the process.

>Draw your sidearm and put the barrel up against your own head with a finger on the trigger. "If you wanted to kill me, you would have shot me. What do you need me for?" [Bluff]
>"Whoa, you've got the wrong guy. I don't know who you are." [Friendly] [Diplomatic]
>"Is this about Gwan?" [Inquisitive]
>"You look a monkey-lizard. Ever consider getting a trim, big guy?" [Taunting] [Risky]
>"Haven't seen a Wookie around here in a while. Where's your master?" [Taunting] [Risky]
>"Why bother tapping on my shoulder before you swing? Way to telegraph your moves, genius." [Smartass] [Risky]
>Back up as quickly as you can; try to get up to your feet as soon as possible. [Evasive] {roll 1d20 - 2; -2 for stubbed toes}
>Draw a blaster (choose which one) and fire! {roll 1d20 - 3; -3 for lack of leverage and poor positioning}
>Write-in or combine TWO options above.
>>
>>336049
Sorry to hear about that. It's legal where I am but my neighbors tend to continue shooting them off into the late night, which I don't think is legal.
>>
>>336133
>>"Whoa, you've got the wrong guy. I don't know who you are." [Friendly] [Diplomatic]
>>Offer to buy him a drink [Friendly]
We still got the bonus for grooming?
>>
>>336148
You do, but there isn't a roll for these particular options. The bath also helps slightly.
>>
>>336148
this, no sense in getting combative: what with our toes still bonked 'n all.
>>
>>336182
G'night SWOP & friends. I'll see you tomorrow.
May the Devil-grin be with you.
>>
>>336294
Goodnight, man! I'll be updating more tonight (possibly starting at 9 p.m. CST) so if you're an early riser you may see something later on.
>>
SWOP, come out to plaaaaaayyy...

SWOP, COME OUT TO PLAAAAIIIAAAAAYYY...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw
>>
>>337064
Back now! Next update coming soon.

also shit i remember that movie, probably the first R-rated movie i've ever watched
>>
bump

>>337223
>dat off-by-one
looks like I'll end up missing your update, again, if you do actually start at 21:00 CST
remember: when in a pinch ask yourself, what would space-jesus do? ... apart from that stay cool, calm, collected & composed
>>
Gonna be holding off on posting for about a week, maybe. I'll be heading off on vacation shortly. Thanks to everyone who has participated so far! It's been good fun, and when I'm back I'll put much more time and effort into the quest. Seeya!

https://twitter.com/Scoundrel_OP
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.