[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

File: 1462153493036.jpg (962KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
1462153493036.jpg
962KB, 1841x3681px
New civ quest.

Ground rules:

Roll 1d20 and make a suggestion. Roll determines how well it will go. Vote for which suggestion you think is best, highest number of votes wins. In case of tie, highest roll wins. Crits are enabled.

Now, get to voting.
Now, get to voting on
>>
>>331118
Mountain Dwarves
>>
File: civil_war_soldiers.jpg (65KB, 800x435px) Image search: [Google]
civil_war_soldiers.jpg
65KB, 800x435px
Not!Confederate/Union 17th century tech trolls.
>>
>>331201
>>331213
One vote for mountain/dwarves, one vote for trolls in a nonspecific location.
>>
>>331237

Setting for 17th century trolls would be Not!American Midwest with fantasy elements.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>331118
Vampires in the ruins
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>331296
Re-roll?
>>
>>331296

We don't roll for selection- we vote.
>>
>>331312
Unless there's a tie. In which case my vote is already cast and I needn't take further action.
>>
Ruin Slimes. An ancient race cursed by our own black rituals gone wrong. Using our foul magics and infiltration skills, we will reclaim our rightful dominion over the foolish creatures of the sunlit lands.
>>
>>331237
Homunculus
Floating islands
>>
OP, just roll.

We can't vote to save our life.
>>
>>331371
Seconded
>>
>>331371
That much is apparent.

So, roll.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>331383

Not!American Civil War tech _____ (any race that hasn't been done in a quest yet)
>>
>>331383
Does my initial roll for vampire in the ruins count?
>>
dice+1d20

Ruin Slimes
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>331390
This as vampires
Changing my mind so this actually starts
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>
File: civ_chart.png (2MB, 720x2259px) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
2MB, 720x2259px
Use this chart instead.
>>
>>331393
It does. Tough luck.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>331383
Homunculus
Floating islands
>>
>>331421
just leave

>>331118
Changing my dwarven vote to vampires. DOn't care where. 1700 America sounds retarded though
>>
>>331393
>>331407
You already voted.
>>
>>331469
The dice gods made sure my vote was the same anyway.
>>
>>331469
Hello so my vote get the highest roll does that mean I win>>331437
>>
I vote ruin Slimes
>>
>>331518
Your vote was indeed the highest roll. Sorry slimes, but homonculi win. Give me a bit to figure out how I'm going to do this, and we'll be off.
>>
Alright, writing up the beginning.
>>
You are Homunculus 001, also known as the Prime. Your group is under divine control, serving the gods of this world, known as Aleron.

35 are your number. Thirty workers, led by five magic users, known as 'The Circle', of which you are a part of, make up your ranks. Your number are built of a type of enchanted ceramic, colored in whites and golds, bearing wing designs.

Your number has been sent to the floating isles, to establish a base of operations on a specific island, roughly five miles in diameter. You have been informed that this island has been named Vallasholm...

Roll to see what supplies you start with.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>331683
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>331683
>>
Writing
>>
You have been blessed with all the stone your peoples can carry, enough to build a single building.

The Collective has arrived on the forested isle of Vallasholm, and it is here that your charge begins, Prime. The isle is covered in light forests, and has a single, small mountain in the center. This is all you know of the isle.

What do you desire? What is your first command?
>>
>>331732
>Research crossbows
>>
>>331732
I guess we could research procreation, considering we some stone people.
>>
>>331765
>>331779
This is one of the reasons I hesitate to do quests, things like this... first thing you want to do after getting onto the island is learn how to either make crossbows or babby Homunculi?

If you insist, I won't stop you. Roll.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>331840
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>331779
Baby makin time
>>331840
As the QM you reserve the right to say fuck questers and steer the quest yourself. Obviously there's gonna be conflict on what course should be taken. Not everyone sees things at the same level. Basically if things take too long, just pick whatever you want.
>>
>>331860
If I say 'fuck questers' I might as well write a novel. Your roll wins.
>>
You look around your pristine island and decide that buildings can wait... you don't actually need shelter, you're Homunculi. You gather together the Circle and inform them of the need to reproduce.

Roll to see how well your attempt goes.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>331903
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>331903
>>
Writing
>>
Our breeding is "abysmal" I think what we have is mostly what we got.

Let us send scouts to survey the area!
>>
Your efforts to research are stymied by a lack of infrastructure and knowledge beyond what is in the Circle's minds. One of you, however, knows a small tidbit- that it begins by altering an existing homunculi.

This small information is all you can muster up...

What will the Collective do next?
>>
>>331987
>Research crossbows
>>
>>331987
Scout and map the island
>>
>>331998
This
>>
>>331983
>>331993
>>331998
Vote, since you three don't agree.
>>
>>331898
Don't entirely say fuck em' but if you feel the choices are being made take it upon yourself to decide. Consider it Divine intervention or some shit. The reason I have never enjoyed a civ quest is the lack of progress but abundance of opinion.
>>
>>331998
>>332013
There is an agreement, scratch that.
>>
You decide that it is time to learn more of your new home. You send ten Workers out to scout the island... their ceramic fists and hard bodies ought to be enough to ward off most predators.

Roll to see how well this goes.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>332019
If there's a tie, or if there's a silly 'majority'(3v2) opinion and an acceptable minority opinion, OP can cast judgement, and present it in a roleplaying way, such as, "a dispute between a few homunculi sprouted over the best course of action, while some argued for x, others stood for y. ultimately it was decided, bla bla"

>>332031
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>332031
Rollin for smooth strolling
>>332038
QM's discretion I guess. I do understand what you're getting at tho the majority isn't always the smartest decision.
>>
>>332038
>>332061
Writing.
>>
Your scouts return with knowledge of the island, having scouted out the forests... but the mountain remains unknown to you. The only real landmark of note is some ancient pillars and bits of stone that a scout found.

What will you do next, Prime?
>>
>>332100
Investigate the pillars and stone fragments.
>>
File: 8.jpg (123KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
123KB, 950x534px
>>332061
Indeed not always :^)
>>
>>332116
And establish a camp by it. Might as well call it home.
>>
>>332122
Might as well second this
>>
>>332118
Keep politics out of my thread.
>>
>>332100
Isnt the whole thing with homunculus that you have to research how to make more?

I say we research how to get more homuncylus, 35 isnt exactly a lot.
>>
At your command, the Collective moves out, every member heading towards the ruins to investigate.

It's... nothing impressive. A few old stone pillars and paving stones, encrusted with vines and moss. Nonetheless, you command your workers to begin construction of a basic camp adjacent to the ruins... The workers do their job well, and soon a few basic structures are up.

The Circle convenes in a small command building, whereupon you decide your next move... You now have a small camp and enough stone to build a single building.
>>
>>332182
Do we have any problems that might arrise with food/water? If not scout out the mountains for any immediate threats.
>>
>>332176
We already tried.>>331987

>>332182
What special abilities do we, Prime, have? What makes us better than the "regular"
>>
>>332188
Whoops.

Also were better at manual labor/good at technology (?)
>>
>>332188
You have the power of Command over your fellow Homunculi, with which to direct your fellows. as well as being slightly stronger magically then the rest of the Circle.
>>
>>332182
Research and conduct a survey of local fauna and flora. Note anything of interest like tamable beasts for defense, burden carrying, medicinal plants, poisonous plants, nutritious, quality of wood, etc
>>
>>332201
Changing to this
>>
>>332182
>>332187 <<??? Also wondering
>>332201 This, find out exactly what we have to work with. Also I think we should check out the mountain ASAP
>>
>>332201
>>332216
Writing.
>>
You come to the conclusion that more knowledge of your home is required. And thus, the Workers are sent out on more intensive searches... After a week of full, nonstop searching, your scouts come back with this knowledge:

The island has Angelweed growing in a some select clearings. The white flowers are useful for use in healing poultices and medicine. There does not appear to be land-based fauna larger then squirrels on the island, but birds of various sizes were spotted nesting.

The wood appears to be fairly normal oak, with some firs in there to spruce it up.

What will you do next, armed with this knowledge?
>>
File: 1.jpg (57KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57KB, 736x414px
>>332251
No ground predators then. Hunt squirrels for their fur, chop wood for housing, gather angelweed for medicinal use. Perhaps try to create a farm of them for a steady supply.
>>
File: 3.jpg (46KB, 564x352px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
46KB, 564x352px
>>
>>332251
Let's get some tress cut down to make more permanent homes.

Also, what kind of equipment do we have, and what magic can the circle perform?
>>
>>332407
>Also, what kind of equipment do we have, and what magic can the circle perform?

Im curious too
>>
>>332251
>Research crossbows
>>
>>332523
I hate you.
You don't know me and I don't know you. Just know, somebody hates your soul.
>>
>>332524
We don't have any weapons so why shouldn't we make some.
>>
>>332529
We don't even have bows, aren't those kind of a necessity to know how to make before you make crossbows?
>>
>>332536
There was a civ quest that made crossbows before bows.
>>
>>332543
Weird
>>
>>332550
But if it's make I'll vote for making bows in stead.
>>
>>332270
Seconding this
>>
>>332558
Sure
>>
A disagreement arises among the Circle as to what you should do next... One half wants to create reserves of Angelweed, maybe try and farm the rare herb, the other wants to make your camp into something permanent.

They look to you, the Prime, for guidance... You decide that the Angelweed can wait, and that you ought to expand your camp.

Your Workers get to work, pulling down trees en masse and using them to build more structures. Soon your little camp is not so little anymore... It's starting to engulf the ruins. A couple weeks pass before you deem the camp big enough...

What will you do next, oh wise Prime?
>>
>>333856
Make bows
>>
This is still open, you know. Come before it starts autosaging.
>>
>>338919
So this quest still live?
>>
>>339053
Yes.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.