[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Default Quest!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 2

File: DQ.png (8KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
DQ.png
8KB, 300x200px
ERROR: character creator was eaten by a dragon! Use default setting?
Default settings loaded.

You are Default Name, a human male thirsting for adventure. The son of a farmer and a woman with a history that depends on who you ask. You're not a special person: in fact, you're so average that you're more average than your average person.
But none of that matters right now! Today's a special day! You've saved and prepared for this day all your life and now it's finally here: your very own adventure begins!

“Remember to stay on the roads, Def, and don't travel at night!” You do your best to ignore momma's ramblings while dad's helping you equip your brand-new leather armor. “I've heard there's a gang of kobolds around and there's wolves in the forest!”
“Wait, why didn't anybody tell me about kobo-ow!” Wincing in pain as a bit of skin gets caught between a strap and a clasp, you throw an angry glance at your father before continuing. “The sheriff pays good money for kobold ears... I could find 'em and get the bounty!”
“Well, son. Just remember that they're weak individually but can take down even a seasoned warrior if there's a lot of 'em. And they poison their arrows, you should go get an antidote from ol' Hulda before you go. How's the armor, by the way?”
At your father's request, you move around a little and find out that the armor is surprisingly comfortable and doesn't really limit your range of motion.
“It's great, thanks dad.”
“Don't mention it. Anyways, here's your sword and backpack. I... put a lil' something in there. Consider it a gift from me and your momma.” He hands you your sword and then pulls you into a hug. “Now go before us two start cryin'!”
Taking the backpack, which is rather heavy, from him as well, you push open the door and leave what has been your home for all your life for what could well be the last time.
“Don't forget to send us letters!”
The sight of momma standing at the doorway, waving, triggers a surge of emotion. Not wanting what could be their last memory of you be you in tears, you only wave them goodbye and start running.

The weather's nice, windy and sunny, and you reach Default Village about an hour after leaving. Default Village is barely worth it's name: a dozen farmer's houses and an inn. As it's the middle of the day, the only street of the village is empty save for some chicken. You got some silver on you, so you could stop by the inn, which also doubles as a store, or just check the bounty board. The road that goes through the village goes through a thick forest before ending in Default City, so you could just keep going since the kobolds are most likely hiding in the forest. What'll you do?

>Keep going. You've got kobolds to kill.
>Check the bounty board to see if there's something better
>Visit the inn to (do what? Get drunk? See what's for sale today?)
>See if ol' Hulda has some antidote for sale [Can be chosen with other options]
>>
Hello there! Newfag here. I don't really know what I'm doing, but couldn't just do nothing. Please bear with me.
Also, can't draw for shit. Ask if there's something you want to know, call me shit if I deserve it. Call the quest shit if you can tell why. I'm a little uncertain about how fast I'll be able to write, but at least the rest of the bits won't be as long. Unless you specifically want me to be slow and use a lot of description.
>>
>>318374
>>See if ol' Hulda has some antidote for sale [Can be chosen with other options]
then >Keep going. You've got kobolds to kill.
>>
File: gaytime.jpg (37KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
gaytime.jpg
37KB, 650x366px
>>318378
thats ok gota start some where.
have fun with it, think how you want to quest to be and be flexable(couse shit can go sideways fast) and i always like it when deacions matter and when you fuck up you fuck up no redos(thats just me)
>>
>>318374
Fuck the bounty board. We ain't gathering herbs since it's cliché that we'll encounter the kobolds on the way back anyway.

Got any more backstory on why John Johnson became an adventurer?
>>
>>318374
>>Keep going. You've got kobolds to kill.
>>
>>318447
Def decided to become an adventurer when his momma once took him to Default City whe he was young. He got lost and was rescued from a questionable alley by a gang of adventurers. They kept him from crying by showing neat tricks, fencing and flashy spells and also helped find his momma. Since then he's always been keen to listen to the amazing tales of the few visitors the village had, and has always dreamed of doing great deeds like the adventurers in the tales.

Also, writing moar. Please wait...
>>
>>318374
>>
>>318374
>check inventory
>go get some antidote
>go kill some kobolds
>>

Your first adventure can't wait! Ignoring dad's advice causes a small sting of guilt in you, but the leather armor should be enough to keep the kobolds' arrows out. Passing by both the inn and the bounty board, you only stop to pet one of the chicken for a little before heading to the forest.
The crops on both sides of the road wave in the wind as you walk past, not quite ready for harvest yet. The only person you see before the forest is a farmer on the fields, fixing a scarecrow.

The well-kept road punches a hole in the wall of trees and bushes that marks the beginning of Default Forest and the end of terrain you know. Taking a deep breath and sighing equally deeply, you mutter a prayer to the Goddess and do your best to keep the excitement in check. It is surprisingly cool in the shade of the trees, and the road is clear of other travelers. The only sound is the rustling of leaves from above. You're forced to admit that you haven't got the faintest of ideas about how to actually find the kobolds. The forest may not be all that large, but it'd still take days to scour it thoroughly. Oh well. Could at least see if there's some mushrooms around, it's been a while since your last meal.

It takes about an hour, but you find a rather nice haul of tasty mushrooms and some herbs to go with them. You've cleared some space next to a stream for a fire when you hear some rustling. The source is approaching rapidly. Suddenly, a lone kobold rushes at you, screaming something unintelligible!

BATTLE!
You: 30HP, 10MP
Enemy: 10HP

>Attack with your sword! (1d6)
>Use a spell!
>Run away!
>Do something else (what?)

Known spells: Burning Hands (2d3-1) (4MP), Charm Animal (5MP)
>>
>>318618
>>
Oh yeah, if you dislike rolls or this sorta combat, just tell me and I'll change it. Can do whatever you'd prefer, don't really have a preference myself.
>>
>>318668
Use the sword. Rolls are fine. Are we rolling to hit as well?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>318675
Nope, just for damage. Considered having stats 'n shit, but thought it'd be too complex. So it's just damage now, which is solely decided by your equipment.
By the way, your leather armor reduces incoming damage by 2 points and reduces the damage of your spells by 1.
Rolling for your attack...
>>
Rolled 2 + 2 (1d4 + 2)

You slash at the kobold, hitting it hard!
The kobold attacks... (I hope I know how to use the dice command...)
>>
>>318690
(So apprently I don't know how to do a XdY-Z since that was 1d4-2)

The kobold hits you square in the chest, but the attack doesn't penetrate your armor!
The kobold appears to be panicking! You also hear something moving somewhere, but it doesn't seem like it's close - at least yet.

New round!
You: 30HP, 10MP
Enemy: 5/10HP

>Use a spell!
>Run away!
>>
>>318690
If you want to subtract a number, type

'dice+1d4 -2'

And more generically in the format

dice+XdY -Z
>>
>>318702

Do we have any moral reason for killing these kobolds?
>>
>>318702
Rethink the situation, was the kobold panicking and running away from something screaming or was it charging us?

If the first hold back see what the Kobold does if the second attack again with the sword.
>>
>>318716
The sheriff has set a bounty on all kobolds. 5 silver per head.
Other than that, no. Well, not a personal one at least. There's been some sheep and chicken disappearing lately and kobolds are the prime suspect.
I'll wait for a bit if anyone else wants to have their say about what to do before flipping a coin.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

The coinflip chose attacking. Rolling for dmg.
>>
>>318729
Seems like a fun quest, hope it gets some more attention QM
>>
Rolled 2 - 1 (1d4 - 1)

>>318771
You attack, but the kobold blocks... with its arm!
The kobold attacks you with desperation!
>>
>>318785
You take a glancing hit to your thigh!
The rustling you heard is coming closer, and all of a sudden, the kobold you're fighting attempts to run away! It's badly injured so it's slow and won't be hard to catch.

New round!
You: 29/30HP, 10MP
Enemy: 2/10 HP (fleeing in fear)

>Finish off the kobold!
>Let it escape and prepare for whatever's coming!
>Run away!
>>
>>318801
>>
>>318824
Agreed
>>
>>318801
>>Finish off the kobold!
blood for the blood god
>>

With some reluctance, you decide to let the kobold (and the bounty) escape and ready your sword to face whatever has been making noise. For a moment you hear nothing but the running footsteps of the escaping nuisance. They soon turn into absolute silence. The only sound is your own heartbeat. Then you hear a growl from the direction the kobold ran to. It's followed a sudden scream and the sickening sound of bone, muscle and ligament being torn apart. You're suddenly afraid and feel like running away, but manage to suppress this desire, if only just. Silence fills the forest again, but not for long before you hear something approaching. Then the sound stops, and it sounds like something relatively heavy falls on the ground. It's silent again, but just for a short moment. A high-pitched whine comes from the direction of whatever you heard. Breathing in and out to calm down, you carefully start moving towards the source of the sounds. You soon see something between two trees. Something gray and large. With a twig sticking...

You come across a large wolf. It's lying on the ground, and has a crude, small arrow sticking out of its flank. There's blood around and below its muzzle, suggesting that it's what killed the kobold, but it seems like to be in immense pain. The animal looks at you with its yellow eyes, sending a primal urge to flee through your mind, but doesn't do anything but whine.
What'll you do?

>Let it out of its misery. A wolf pelt should fetch a hefty price...
>Leave it there and go back to the village (to do what?)
>Attempt to help it somehow (suggest some method)
>Something else, what?
>>
>>318950
>>Let it out of its misery. A wolf pelt should fetch a hefty price...
>>
>>318950
>Let it out of its misery. A wolf pelt should fetch a hefty price...
>>
>>318950
>help it, charm animal to help calm it to get close
>>
>>318950
Shit, hopefully it's not too late to second this: >>319035
Can we charm it and cauterize the arrow wound with Burning Hands?
>>
>>319049
i dont know what spells we have
>>
>>319079
It said in this post: >>318618
>>
>>319092
lol my bad didnt see that
>>
Anyone want to give a tiebreaker?
Will flip a coin in a bit if not.
>>
>>319100
Charm and help the wolf like
>>319049 said
Maybe we could get it keep it as a pet
>>
I say charm it, kobolds are clearly scared it could be a valuable help, also use burning hands to stop the bleeding. Worst case scenario we have to kill it.
>>
>>319049
>>319143
>>319258
The problem's not going to be the bleeding from the arrow, we got told that the kobolds poison their arrows and we didn't get any antidote...

But Ma & Pa said they gave us a gift in our backpack, maybe it could help. Or maybe they know us well enough to give us a spare antidote and a gift heh
>>
>>319275
Well if we're lucky we got an unskilled one who forgot to poison his arrow this time?
>>
>>318378
your writing seems fine, carry on with my provisional blessing

>>318950
and I say we try and check if we can talk to animals, we don't fucking know. We might be a wizard and not even know it, let's just give it our best shot, plant feet, square up, and just hit him with a very compelling order to stand the fuck down and submit to our every command or be struck to death.
>>
Constantly fighting your urge to flee, you sheathe the sword and prepare for a Charm Animal spell. The arcane words taught by your neighbor flow off your tongue and, for a short while, you feel one with the wolf in front of you. Its pain is great, almost making you fail the spell, but you manage to make it calm down a little. Approaching slowly, you try to remember momma's advice on how to treat animals. She said you should use vodka to treat wounds or... something else? Fire? Fire. That's what she said you could use if there's no vodka.
But first, you place your hand on the animal's head. Burying your fingers in its fur, you feel that its skin is burning hot. It's got a high fever, and you're not quite certain if you're up to the task. But it'd be a pity to let such a magnificent animal die. Steeling yourself, you take a firm grip of the arrow and yank...
“Y-Yeeeelp!”
The wolf lets out a loud yelp and spasms as the arrow comes out. Some blood oozes out of the wound as it lays there, panting.
“Hold on a little longer, this will sting a little...”
You're quite certain the animal doesn't understand as you babble to it while stroking its neck to calm it down for what comes next. Holding your hands above the arrow wound, you mutter some more arcane words to set your hands aflame. Burning off the fur around it first, you then stop to take a deep breath before plunging your finger straight into the wound. The muscle spasms around your finger, but it appears that the wolf has passed out from the pain. A smell of burning flesh fills your nose as you finally take your finger out of the now cauterized wound.

You sit next to the wolf, slowly stroking its fur despite knowing its unconscious. That was all you can do now. Whether it lives or dies is up to the Goddess now. At best, you can tweak the odds. You could run back to the village to get some antidote, but it's likely to be too late by the time you come back. Or you could camp here for the night and do... well, something. What'll it be?

>Run to the village
>Camp here
>Something else, what?

And that's it for tonight! I'm going to sleep now. Will continue when I wake up.
>>
>>319345
Run to the village get an antidote, might as well try our best. Don't wanna half ass it.
>>
>>319345
Nightgood OP
Let's camp here, maybe we could find some medicinal herbs for our wolf friend
>>
>>319345
Check our backpack to see what ma and pa put in there, if we don't have any antidote run to town for that.

Night QM looking forward to this tomorrow
>>
>>319381
I'm all for checking the bag but I think we should camp here. What if the kobold come and finish him off while we're gone?
>>
>>319345
If we're now committed to saving the wolf, let's camp here and guard it from kobolds.

Also seconding that we should check inside our bag. I suspect it contains buns.
>>
>>319420
>>320403
If the Kobolds come they'll probably come with enough to kill it whether we're defending it or not. Just camouflage it in a bush and go get some antidotes, I get the feeling we're going to need some of our own in the future too.
>>
It appears there is yet another tie unless I'm misinterpreting someone.

I gotta make something to eat, so you've got a short while to nudge the vote in one way or another before it's yet another coin toss.
>>
>>320444
>>319381
These two are both me, (mobile so my ID is changing). So I think the camp overnights wins, though at least we'll check our backpack
>>
>>320893
Why don't ww check our backpack and decide what to do from there?

Camouflaging the wolf in a bush is a good idea, but I'm not sure kobolds would risk their lives to kill a wolf.
>>
>>320998
How is it risking their lives? As far as they know, they shot down a predator and are waiting for it to die so they can come and eat it.
>>
>>321089
How would they know that though? The Kobold was alone and the wolf killed it. The only info they have is a scout doesn't return on time tonight
>>
>Camp here

It's probably for the best to set camp to wait and see whether the animal's condition will get better. Besides, you've already got a place for a fire, and the mushrooms you gathered earlier, by the nearby stream. The problem is getting the wolf there. It certainly can't move on its own and you're not sure if you can carry it without causing the wound to reopen. But leaving it where it is wouldn't be a good option either, as it could get some dirt in its wound which could cause an infection. So, with considerable effort, you manage to lift the animal and carry it to your spot by the stream. A quick inspection after setting it gently on the ground tells you that the wound did not reopen. You sigh in relief and start gathering wood for a fire.

Some time later, after you've got a fire going, you open your backpack and empty it completely.
You have the following items:
1 tent, very small, leather. Good for keeping the rain out but not much else.
1 bedroll, a bit too warm for the current weather
1 iron pot, good for making soup
1 set of clean underwear + socks. Thanks momma.
2 knives, good multipurpose tools but too small to be effective weapons
1 lockpick set, from Seven-Finger Sam
Some dried meat and a waterskin
Lastly, an item you don't recognize: A necklace, made of brass

Is there something you want to do?

>Eat mushroom soup and go to sleep
>Suggest something else
>>
>>321134
>>Suggest something else
Check out that necklace obviously. It's probably too much of a stretch to hope that it gives poison res, isn't it?
>>
>>321144
You fiddle around with the necklace, but haven't got a clue about what it does. You even try putting it on, but it doesn't make you feel any different.
>>
>>321199
Maybe see if we can manage to feed the wolf something then eat the soup ourselves and go to sleep.
>>
You consider feeding the wolf, but it's still unconscious or just asleep – you can't tell the difference – so you abandon the idea. Not worth the risk of it choking.
After a while, you've got a belly full of mushroom soup, a tent set up and a steadily burning fire. The forest is quiet apart some birdsong, and evening is approaching. It's actually rather pleasant. But it feels wrong to just sit around doing nothing. Not having any better ideas, you decide to leave camp for a while and go see if the kobold had anything on it.
It takes a short while to find the corpse, and you wince once you see it. Its side has been ripped open, intestines lying on the open, and its left leg is only attached by a thin strip of skin. The smell is quite rank, but approach nevertheless and shift through what's left of its clothes. You come across a purse with some silver in it, likely stolen from somewhere, and take it with you. The only weapon you find is the dagger it used to fight you. No trace of neither a bow nor arrows. That means there's more than one of these things – not that it was really a surprise, they always travel in packs. Hopefully, they won't find you in your sleep. The last thing you do is cut off its ears as a proof for the sheriff. Should be good for the bounty even if you weren't the one who killed it.

It's starting to get dark when you return to the camp. Nothing seems to have happened, and the wolf's condition doesn't seem to have changed. It still has a fever and is either asleep or unconscious. The louder than before rustling of leaves from above suggest that the wind is picking up, so you carry the animal into the tent in case it'll rain at night. Then, not knowing what else to do, you pour a potful of water on the fire to extinguish it, and stuff yourself in the tent as well. It's cramped, hot and hair keeps getting in your nose but eventually, after quite some time, you drift to sleep.

A bird, somewhere nearby, is singing very loudly. Groaning, you curse it because it woke you up before you had to wake up, before remembering what happened yesterday. Realizing the wolf is gone, you stick your head out of the tent and see it by the stream, lapping water. It hears your movement and looks at you, then moving a bit further away but not out of sight. It's clearly better now, but still limps and moves somewhat sluggishly. For now, it's seemingly content to watch you from a distance.

You, not knowing what else to do, start packing up. Equipping the leather armor takes you quite a while as you're not used to all the fasteners, clamps and strings. Just before being done, you feel something wet and warm touch your neck. It turns out to be the tongue of the wolf.
“Oh, hello there.”
It stares at you with its strikingly piercing eyes in response. Seems like it wants to follow.

What'll you do next?

>Hunt kobolds
>Head to Default City for something that's better paid
>Head back to Default Village
>Something else, what?
>>
Also, you may customize your new friend. Suggest either (or both) of the following, or something else that'll define it:
>Name
>A (few) characteristic(s)
>>
>>321629
>>Head back to Default Village
Lets go pick up those antidotes that we didn't pick up. We can totally bring the wolf and have him looked at right?
>>
>>321634
Well we're obviously trying to be the chivalrous adventurer. Let's name the Wolf 'Help' so he'll run to people crying out in trouble thinking they're calling his name; it'll lead us to people to save one day. And we can call him 'Hel' for short and others will think he has a fearsome name.

Characteristics: Hunter, relentless, fearless
>>321692
I'm fine going back to the village first
>>
>>321629

Seconding calling the wolf Help.

One of its traits should be determination.
>>
>>321634
I say we name him something simple like Robert for now, no sense giving him an epic name before we even know his full potential. He's probably an average wolf, meaning he's bloodthirsty and vicious but also respects chain of command and is a good team player.

>>321629
I don't think leaving the wolf back at the village is a great idea, only go back if we know someone back there is gonna be cool with taking care of our acquired feral animal.
>>
>>321973
>>321629
I like help it seems like a good idea, plus I think taking it to the village of with us would be fine, as long as it listens.
Anyway we should go try and collect that bounty, maybe rest up till our companion is fighting fit as well.
>>

“Hey there.” You pet your new friend on the head. “I'm going to call you Hel from now on, is that okay?”
Hel licks your chin in response. It tickles, and you take it as a yes.
“Haha. Great. Let's start off by getting you checked up, I don't think you've recovered completely yet.”
After one final petting, the two of you head towards the road.

You come across a person traveling in the opposite direction a little before arriving to the edge of the forest. The traveler and Hel watch each other closely as they pass by, but neither does anything more. The lack of confrontation relieves you, since the wolf's reaction to other people was something potentially disastrous. Hopefully it won't go after the chicken in the village either. The people should be fine since they've seen bards with some rather... exotic companions. Like beasts from the Underworld.

The sun reaches its highest point just before you reach Default Village. The wind that blew yesterday is gone, and the temperature is rising. Clouds on the southern horizon suggest a change of weather is coming, though.
You run into Seven-Finger Sam, coming from the inn, on the street.
“Ah, if it ain't Def! And I see you've got yourself a companion.” He nods at Hel. “Always thought ye had a bit o' bard in ye.”
“Well, actually...” You tell him about what happened. “Which reminds me, would you happen to know who could look at its wound?”
“Ah, I 'unno... Could have a look myself, don't claim to be a veterinarian, but I've seen my fair share of farm animals. Wolves ain't too different from dogs, after all.”
Hel, still following you closely despite the chicken, lets Sam take a look. The animal doesn't even mind being prodded with all seven fingers Sam still has.
“Ain't much to do other than let it heal, methinks. Well, unless you want to spend money on a fancy-pancy magical potion or scroll. Anyways, I got to be on my way. See ya some other time.”
You say bye and watch him head home while trying to decide what to do next.

Choose any number of these:
>Go to the inn that also doubles as a store
>Buy an antidote from ol' Hulda
>Claim the bounty

And one of these:
>Visit your parents and spend the night there, despite the long-ish trip
>Rent a room from the inn
>>
>>322967
Return to parents to get some info on my pack Contents and let them know how my first official day went. Also stay there until out companion is healthy
>>
>>322967
>>Go to the inn that also doubles as a store
>>Buy an antidote from ol' Hulda
>>Claim the bounty
and
>>
I'm getting tired so I think I'll have to call it for today. Maybe I won't play vidya for 6 hours tomorrow, like I did today.

Also, thoughts on our adventure so far? I know we haven't done much yet, but what do you think? Are you fine with the long-ish and slow pace?
>>
I'm back!
There's some things I have to take care of first, though. But the result is a tie, yet again, so you do something about that while I do the stuff I have to.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>323003
I am official Tie Breaker. I break ties.

1.Return to parents to get some info on my pack Contents and let them know how my first official day went. Also stay there until out companion is healthy

2.>Go to the inn that also doubles as a store
>Buy an antidote from ol' Hulda
>Claim the bounty
and
>>
>do ALL the things

At the end of the day, you have 23 silver coins, a potion of antidote and a room at the inn for the night. You're writing a letter for your parents in the nearly deserted main room of the inn, with Hel gnawing on a bone below the table, when a stranger enters the establishment. The stranger, a man in his forties clad in chain mail and leather, walks to the counter and greets the innkeeper by name. They appear to know each other, and begin talking.
“So what's the news?”
They're not especially loud, but the room is small so you overhear what they say.
“Both good and bad. I made myself a bit of gold by stumbling across an empty raider's den. On the other hand, it seems as if the elves are preparing for another war.”
“Another war? But the last one ended in a bloody stalemate and neither them nor us have completely recovered.”
You're petrified. While you were too young to be drafted for the last war and it never really reached this village, it still left nothing good behind.
“Aye. Some say their king is mad. Others say they have found some ancient superweapon. Me? I think we just didn't kill enough of them last time.”
They shift to lighter subjects, but hearing what you heard was enough. Your mind is filled with the crying of a mother whose son was taken forcefully by a draft squad. And the crying of the very same mother when her son returned a year later, in a coffin.

Sleep does not come easily that night, and when it finally does, it is filled with clashing of steel, screams of pain and death.

You wake up tired, but force yourself up nevertheless. The first thing you do is ask the innkeeper what he's got for sale today.

You have: 23 silver
Leather armor, 10s (+2 armor, -1 spell damage dealt)
Short sword, 5s (1d6)
Unknown necklace
Antidote, 2s

The shop has: Robe, 10s (0 armor, +1 spell damage dealt, +10MP)
Dagger, 5s (1d4)
Basic potion, 10s (instantly restores 10 HP)
Scroll of Identify, 20s
[excluding items that are too expensive and items you already have]

What'll you do when you're done shopping?
>Hunt kobolds
>Head to Default City
>Go visit your parents
>The man from yesterday is sitting nearby. Ask if he has any leads on how to make cash.
>Something else, what?
>>
>>325624
>>Hunt kobolds
Lets stick around the starting town for a while to stock up on some cash and experience. I'm tempted to visit the parents to ask them about the neckalace but that doesn't feel very adventurous. Let's buy a potion though.
>>
>>325624
Buy the robe. For the effects on it, it's a steal.
>>
>>325624
>>325747
>>325649
Let's buy the robe, a potion and then we go... either hunt kobolds or ask the guy how to make moneyz
>>
>>325803
Why do we need to robe? We'll probably get something better later on when we have more money. I wanted to save up up buy another potion and the scroll.
>>
>>325811
OK, then let's:
>leave the robe, buy Scroll
>either hunt or ask the guy about how to money
We can buy the potion after that
>>
>>325649
>>325811
This actually. I say just put the necklace on, either its enchanted and does something or we can just ask someone who might know
>>
>>325811
+1 to spell dmg, and 10 MP
We wizard now man
>>
>Talk to the dude

You put your purchase, a single potion, into your backpack before turning to leave. Noticing the man from last night sitting at a table, you decide to ask whether he'd have any leads on things you could do to make a bit of money. He's writing something in a book, a diary most likely, and glances at you when you take a seat opposite of him.
“You're the lad who was here last night, aren't you?” He looks at you in silence for a while, only continuing just as you're about to say something. “I heard you're aspiring to become an adventurer. Do what you want, but I suggest you find some nice lass, settle down and live a nice, quiet life.”
A look of tiredness overcomes his face, but is quickly pushed away.
“Well, actually... I was hoping you would know some way of making some cash. I've been hunting kobolds since the sheriff pays 5 silver per head, but they're hard to find.”
“Money, huh? Well, I do have a lead that I'm not going to pursue myself since it'd take me somewhere I'd rather not go. Let me draw you a map.” Ripping off a blank page from his book, he spends a moment to sketch a map before handing it to you. “There's some ruins in the wasteland west of Default City. I've heard there's an underground level to them, accessible only through a single building, the one with the mark I drew on the map. Go have a look, and try not to be killed by the undead.”
You study the map for a bit before leaving the man to write his diary. It's crude, but should have enough on it to be useful. It'll take a day to reach Default City and at least another to reach the ruins should you want to go there, you reckon.

The trip to the forest goes a bit faster this time, allowing you to get there a bit before noon. It'd rained during the night, and there's puddles on the road. A smell of wet, rotting leaves fills the air in the forest. There's kobolds in there, but you don't know how to find them.

>Stumble around and hope you run into some like last time
>Suggest some other method
>Forget about it and head towards the ruins

This took far longer than it should have. I think I'll just go to sleep now.
>>
>>326933
>>Stumble around and hope you run into some like last time
I have no idea how to attract kobolds. See ya later OP, thanks for running.
>>
>>326933
Rest well OP
Let's stumble around
>>
>Stumble around and hope you run into some like last time

Feeling a little stupid, you just pick a direction and march blindly into the forest. It worked last time, so maybe it'll work again. Realization strikes a moment later. Turning around, you face Hel with a smile on your face.
“Go find us some kobolds, won't you?”
The animal stares at you and tilts its head a little.
“Kobolds. Nasty little buggers we fought!”
Possibly understanding something, Hel dashes off. You attempt to follow, but it's too fast and soon disappears among the trees. Shrugging, you decide to wait for it to return and begin looking for something to eat.
The wolf returns half an hour later, carrying a dead rabbit. Not exactly the desired result, but you pet the animal regardless as it drops its prey in front of you.
“You got us some food. Well done. But it'll have to wait, there's something more important to do now.”

After a lot of wandering around, you eventually stumble across a small camp with a few tents made of patchy cloth. It's abandoned, and the ashes are cold and damp, suggesting that it has been for at least a day. You find some small, crude arrows and daggers in one of the tents, revealing that it was a kobold encampment. They've either been chased off or killed, or they wouldn't have left their tents and weapons behind. As it seems that you're too late for the bounty money, you begin doing the next best thing – looting. However, to your disappointment, despite being very thorough the only valuable thing you find is a buried stash of 15 silver coins. The only other thing of interest is a bounty note, dated two days ago: “To all able-bodied adventurers. A troll has been spotted near the abandoned Ironhill Mine. Reward of 100 silver will be given to anyone with proof of its death. Jay Nightingale, Captain of the Guard, Default City” The little buggers probably stole the note from someone, not realizing it's worthless since they can't read.
As night begins to fall, you're forced to give up and set up camp. After cooking and eating the rabbit, both you and Hel go to sleep.

Come morning, you're at bit of a loss about what to do. It doesn't seem like there's money to be made by hunting kobolds. You're not the only one after them and there probably weren't many to begin with. The troll would be a difficult opponent, but the bounty is considerable and the mine is only half a day's travel from where you are roughly in the direction of Default City. On the other hand, the ruins you were told of could hold some extremely valuable treasure or items enchanted with powerful, ancient magic... The way to the wasteland goes through Default city, however.

>Head back to the village.
>Go after the troll.
>To the City it is.
>Something else, what?
>>
If I've understood correctly, the 72h autosage is only a few hours away. I'll have to make a new thread soon, so if some kind anon wants to make some epic art that I could use in the OP that'd be neat.

Also, I mold the world around your choices. Had you chosen differently, you would've found some kobolds despite them having been killed more than a day ago in this "alternate timeline"
>>
>>329285
>>To the City it is.
>>
City it is, we'll decide if Mines or Ruins when we get there
>>
>To the City it is.

The day is slowly turning into evening when the walls of Default City come into sight as the road scales a low hill. The river, Tears of the Goddess, glimmers in sunlight where it exits the city wall through a hole made for it, and you see a steady stream people entering and leaving the city through the open gates. The road you're on is quiet, but it intersects with the busiest road in the country, one leading from here to Capitol City, a little before the gates.

Hel remains calm and stays close even as you join the crowd to pass through the gates. The guards look at you and the wolf as you pass by, but do nothing. You're immediately greeted by the multitude of noises of a market once inside: merchants crying for their goods, people haggling with said merchants, beggars begging, street performers performing and guards trying to keep it all together. Feeling a more than a bit lost since you've only been there once, you simply wander around for an hour or so. Ending up in a quiet part of town, you see a lot during the walk. There's a temple, multiple inns, the guard office, tower of wizards (that's no higher than the rest of the buildings), the lord's mansion and the market you saw at the gates. There should be about an hour before dark, which is enough to visit one place. Which one will it be?

[Choose one and optionally specify if there's something special you want to do there]
>The temple. Blessings and wisdom, both offered for free.
>Guard office. They should have bounty offers.
>Wizard tower. All things magic, although they demand a fee for their services.
>Lord's mansion. You doubt they'll even let you in.
>Market. What's for sale? Everything.
>An inn. Just go to sleep.
>Something else, what?

If I'm correct, we're autosaging now. Won't continue in this thread, and most likely won't make another thread tomorrow since I want to vidya.
I've asked for your opinions before, but haven't really got any. So I'll ask again.
>>
>>330056
>>The temple. Blessings and wisdom, both offered for free.
Hell yeah free stuff.
There's really not much to form an opinion on OP. The quest so far has been fun enough to keep me around and nothing has happened that would make me want to ditch just yet. That's about it, thanks for running OP. See ya next time.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.