[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Necromancer Quest VII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: MNQ7.png (145KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
MNQ7.png
145KB, 1000x700px
Previous thread: >>298869

Liana steps into the old truck and slides herself onto the passenger side of the wide bench seat, looking around as Skunkbro simply phases into the cab through the back window. "Wow..." she remarks, looking at the brown crushed velvet upholstry and rolled-up yoga mat keeping her from placing her feet down in any kind of comfortable way, "Did Richard Simmons die and give you his truck?" You grumble a long-suffering groan to yourself as you reach over and pull your dad's tube of shame from the floorboard to let Liana put her feet down. This is your primary mode of transportation, and you hang out with athletes that moonlight as smartasses; this isn't even close to the first time you've caught flack for the decor your mother picked out. You apologize for your father's yoga mat, which you deposit in the yoga mat behind the seats before starting the truck. The drive to the cemetary is uneventful, and you pull up outside the cemetary gates and open your door to get out, but Liana seems hesitant. "I thought we were going to the cemetary on the other side of town..." She says, looking out the window at the old wrought-iron gates protecting the headstones. You didn't even think about it when you asked her to come with you, but there's another cemetary on the other side of town. All of the headstones here are old because any funerals that happen these days are conducted over there. Liana looks back at you with a pleading look in her eyes. "I'm sorry Micheal, but can we leave? I... I-I don't think it's a good idea to go in here..."

>Attempt to convince Liana to come see the grave. (Roll 1d20)
>Go ahead and leave
>Other

-------
Welcome back to Modern Necromancy Quest! Your name is Michael Remic and you are a track star and aspiring profaner of the dead!
In the last thread(s), you took a trip to the shared apartment of LIANA, the SEER you met at freshman orientation, and her older sister RACHEL, the ENCHANTRESS. While you were there, LIANA temporarily shared the power of a SEER with you, and you enabled her to see SKUNKBRO, your summoned SHADE of a skunk you found dead on the side of the road. She told you about her tragic backstory, became your friend, and agreed to come use her gift to look at JACOB'S GRAVE. You and LIANA are on your way to look at the grave right now!
>>
>>314858
>>Go ahead and leave
Ask her what's the problem first, though.

Well, besides the tinge of eerie gothic style horror during this car ride, anyway.

Also, ask her what she's seeing.

After that, see if there's anything going on at the other place. Couldn't hurt to check that place out for possible interesting shades to raise.
>>
>>314927
All this sounds good. Especially asking about what she sees.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>try to convince her to go in
"Come on, afraid of a graveyard?"
>>
>>314858

Hey Skelebro to sate some curiosity, are you going to use the fluff that was being discused on the Discord board?
>>
>>314964
I need to actually catch up with the discussion that happened on the board. I kinda don't know what you're talking about right this second.
>>
Speaking of the Discord, I forgot to put an invite link into the OP!

Come join the Discord and be a delinquent with us! https://discord.gg/Kumts
>>
>>314978

Gottcha

Anyways!

>Attempt to convince Liana to come see the grave. (Roll 1d20)

"Hey. It'll be ok, I promise"
>>
>>314999
Gotta roll for that, son.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>314999

Forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Flipping for >>314927 or >>314946
Heads (1), we leave. Tails (2), we stay.
>>
"What, is something wrong with this place?" You ask, concerned. "I mean, like... Do you see anything here that I can't?" She shakes her head. "No, it's-- Well, I can see some things, but they're probably just your average wards," she answers, remembering that you can't see magic like she can. "What I mean is that... Rachel and I kinda know the woman here, and, uh... She doesn't really like us..." You nod your head understandingly, smiling. "Ah, I see. You're afraid she'll throw you out or something?" She starts to say something before stopping herself, instead just saying "... Yeah. She'll probably throw me out." After thinking for a moment, you offer a solution. "You'll have me with you, and she and I are on kinda friendly terms. She wasn't around the other day, so she might even be gone right now, in fact. If she's here though, and if she tries to give you shit, I'll stand up for you and tell her you're here with me. How does that sound?" Liana considers the situation for a moment before answering. "Alright, I guess that'll be okay..." She slowly opens her door and you both exit the truck, and you instruct Skunkbro to stay in the truck. "I shall remain here until you return." You open the wrought iron gates leading into the graveyard, and they announce your entry with a loud metal-on-metal shriek. As you walk among the headstones Liana keeps her hands up defensively, and her breathing seems quick and nervous.

>say something
>keep going
>other
>>
Is there a pastebin or something of the previous threads?
>>
>>315329
The OPs of all threads backlink to previous threads. The OP of the second thread didn't backlink to the first, but it does link to a pastebin of the first thread.

If the players think that I should keep a running log of all the threads, I'll comply.
>>
>>315167
>Keep going.
>>
For fuck's sake, stop being dumb Skelebro.
>>315167
>>315422
You opt to keep going, figuring that Liana is just nervous because the Witch might see her. You pass through the rows upon rows of aging headstones, casually looking at the names as you walk by. Maybe some of these people might have been important? Maybe the new cemetary is separate for a reason? That might be something to look into later. As you approach Jacob's grave at the back of the back of the plot though, Liana suddenly comes to a full halt. As you turn to look at her, her mouth is hanging open, and her jaw is quivering. You start to ask her what's wrong, but are abruptly interrupted when she screams in fear and turns around to run for the gate, leaving you standing stunned among the dead. As she runs, the door to the caretaker's hut opens and the Witch rushes out to see what the commotion is.

>follow Liana
>move to stop the Witch
>continue standing there like an idiot
>other
>>
>>315784
>>follow Liana
>>
>screw up post
>wind up posting three times to fix it
>don't put trip on any of the posts
I'm a fucking mess.
>>
>continue standing there like an idiot
>>
>>316019
You continue standing among the graves like an idiot. Perhaps you wish to become one with the headstones? Regardless, nothing of interest happens.

>follow Liana
>move to stop the Witch
>other
>>
>>316031
>follow Liana
>>
>>315784
>>315810
>>316037
You rush past the rows of gravemarkers and out through the heavy gates to find Liana standing next to the truck with her face buried in her hands, sobbing loudly. Skunkbro is watching her and you both from the passenger side window, obediently remaining in the truck's cab as he was told. "Liana, what's wrong?" you ask, confused. She shakes her head and keeps sobbing into her hands. After a moment you start to ask again, but she interrupts you by angrily pushing you away and sitting agains the wall of the cemetary, resuming crying into her hands. Shortly after, you see the Witch walking toward the gates as fast as her legs can manage.

>keep trying to help Liana (roll 1d20)
>move to stop the Witch
>other
>>
>>316094
>move to stop the Witch
>>
>>316094
>move to stop the witch
>>
>>316094
>move to stop the Witch
>>
>>316094
>>316116
>>316127
>>316198
Evidently Liana doesn't want help right now. Maybe it would be a good idea to stop the Witch from interfering and making things worse. You turn and step just inside the gate, and the Witch stops to question you. "What the hell is going on in my graveyard?" the woman demands, a little too loudly, looking thoroughly annoyed behind her thick lenses. You're not sure what to do. If she saw Liana, you might need to defuse a situation here. She might not have seen Liana though, so you might be able to turn this with a little white lie...

>assume she saw Liana
>assume she didn't see Liana
>other
>>
>>316200
>assume she saw Liana
>>
>>316200
>assume she saw Liana
>>
That's all for tonight, folks! Thank you for playing and being patient with the quest's difficulties over the past few days!
Feel free to continue making suggestions and votes as long as you care to, and come join the Discord to talk with your fellow players! https://discord.gg/Kumts

>>316200
>>316204
>>316206
"It's under control," you say, trying to sound calm and not confused by what the hell is going on in her graveyard. "I just brought Liana here to look at Jacob's grave for me and see if-" "You brought that little seer brat here!" the Witch interrupts you, looking stunned at the realization of just who's standing outside. Maybe she didn't see who you brought? Not that it matters, since she obviously knows now. "Get her out of here!" she yells, pointing for you and Liana to leave. You open your mouth to speak, but she interrupts you again. "And don't bother coming back if this is the company you choose to keep!"

>stand up for Liana (roll 1d20)
>attempt to reason with her (roll 1d20)
>attempt to convince Liana to leave (roll 1d20)
>other (roll 1d20?)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>316273
>attempt to reason with her (roll 1d20)
>>
>>316273
Attempt to reason
Maybe we can find out why they don't like each other so much
>>
>>316317
Remember to roll!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>316317
Darn phone auto cappitalizing dice
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>316317
Attempt to reason with her
>>
>>316273
>>317807
"Let me speak, damnit!" you shout back at the Witch, this time cutting her off as she was about to say something. "I don't know what your problem is with Liana, but I didn't bring her here to cause you trouble. I brought her here to help me, and we were probably going to leave as soon we-", "I don't care!" the Witch interrupts. She starts to talk again, but you shout at her again with "I'm not finished! She won't let me talk to her right now. I don't know what happened, she just screamed and ran and now she's not letting me near her!" After a few moments of silence, the Witch spreads her hands in a confused gesture. "Well, where is it?" "Where's what," you ask, not sure waht she's talking about. "The part where I'm supposed to care, that's what! Now if you're done making a fool of yourself, I'd appreciate it if you took your friend and got out of my graveyard!" You try to think of something else to say, but that was all you had. With an exasperated sigh, you turn and exit through the gates to try and speak with Liana.

>roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>318018
Time to crit fail and ruin absolutely everything.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>318018
Guess we will just have to try again later
>>
>>318069
Nope, that is apparently my job
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>318073
Critical failure has been achieved!

Please wait, loading catastrophe...
>>
>>318080
Ya nailed it Anon. Now we can leave all the drama behind and continue to play with dead things.
>>
I should probably clarify my rolling rules as QM:

Anytime I have players roll, I will take the highest roll gotten in before my cutoff point. To compensate for the purely upward nature of the method, however, any 1 that gets rolled overrides all other results, including 20's.
>>
You step outside the cemetary to try talking to Liana again, but the spot where she was sitting is vacant. As you look inside the truck, noting that Liana evidently didn't decide to sit inside, you hear the metallic shriek of the cemetary gate being shut by the Witch. Continuing to look around the truck, you fail to find Liana. Frustrated, you wave to Skunkbro to come out of the truck and help you. "Where did Liana go?" you ask the floating blue animal. "I watched her run into the first. She was still crying." You look back at the dense field of trees on the other side of the road, then back at Skunkbro. "Why the hell didn't you come get me?" Skunkbro replies, calm as ever, "I was told to stay in the truck." You scream at the sky in frustration.

>have Skunkbro locate Liana
>go looking for her personally (roll 1d20)
>try asking the Witch for help again (roll 1d20)
>other
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>318223
>>go looking for her personally (roll 1d20)
Now we aim for 1s!
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>318223
Go looking for her personally, also have skunkbro search in a different direction.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>318239
>>318302
Re-roll for the 1 :^)
>>
>>318223
I meant to type "woods". How the hell did I type "first"?
>>
>>318223
>>318302
You need to find Liana. You need to find her now, before she gets hurt. You run into the forest to search for her, crashing through the trees and yelling her name. Skunkbro hovers along behind you as you run. "Would you like me to find her for you?" The shade asks in his gravelly voice. "No!" You yell at him, getting very annoyed with everyone at this point. "Just go back to the truck and come get me if she returns!" Skunkbro obediently floats back to the truck to watch for Liana to come back, and you continue to search for her without help.

After almost ten minutes of wandering through the trees, you find her sitting on the exposed roots of an evergreen, evidently having cried herself out and retired to just holding herself.

>write-in (roll 1d20)
>>
I didn't scare everyone off, did I?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>318750
Personally I'm just scared by write ins. I'll roll for ya though. Hoping someone else tosses in a line or two.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>318557

'Hey, when you hear someone calling for you, next time maybe try responding,' I say to her, exasperated, before continuing, 'Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound mean, I was just worried about you. Do you want to talk about what happened?'.
>>
>>318557
>>318821
"What the hell, Liana?!" You ask the scared girl, angry at everything that's happened over the past 15 minutes. "When you hear someone calling for you, maybe next time try saying something!" Afer a few moments of quiet, you hear Liana mutter a quiet and pitiful-sounding "I'm sorry" at the ground, hugging her knees up to her chest. With a sigh, you sit down in the dirt next to Liana with your back against the rough bark of the tree, thinking. "No... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound angry just now. It's just... It's just I was worried about you." You look at her, still hugging her knees up to her chest. After another long moment of silence, you decide that conversation is probably better than dead air. "Would you like to talk about what happened?" She hugs her knees up a little tight at the suggestion and stays quiet for a moment more. Just when you're about to give up and suggest going back to the truck, she says something.

"I..." She starts hesitantly, pausing to collect her thoughts. "... That new grave i-in the cemetary. I saw this... These circles made of blue light all around it. I saw those before. My dad used them that night... I watched him make them. A-a-and when I saw them just n-now... I rem-... I r-remembered..." You can't tell what she's saying anymore. She's choked up again and starting to sob.

>comfort her
>comfort her
>comfort her
>why aren't you comforting her you jackass
>other (roll 1d100)
>>
>>319060
>comfort her
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>319060
>>other (roll 1d100)
Comfort her.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>319060
Other: stand awkwardly for a few seconds looking around before patting her shoulder or something
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>319060
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>319060
>>
File: 1428739069186.gif (494KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1428739069186.gif
494KB, 500x354px
>>319149
>>319151
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>319159
The dice gods have forsaken this thread. Never again will we get a passing roll, only crit fails.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>319060
take advantage of her emotionally compromised state to get some rep with rachel (read as: comfort her)
>>
>>319276
>Rolled 69
yeah, can I change that to sex her pls
this is joke
>>
God damn these low rolls.
Good thing I count low d100 rolls as successes!

>>319286
I shall write a deleted scene on Discord.
>>319098
>>319130
"Oh God, Liana, I had no idea!" You turn to hug her, and she releases her knees to return the hug, burying her face into your shoulder and sobbing again. Much more quietly this time, though. Her crying doesn't last long, and in short order she's just holding you quietly. You note that she feels small in your arms, and holding her is kinda comfortable. If this wasn't such a dramatic situation, you might consider saying something about it. As it is, you wait a few minutes to give her time to calm down after her ordeal before speaking. "I think we should probably get out of here." She nods her head against your shoulder. "I know. I heard you and the Witch... The way you argued reminded me of my parents..." Well fuck. You certainly didn't need that, either. "Sorry... I guess I'm just all the different shades of a screw up today, aren't I?" She doesn't say anything. After a few more seconds, she lets go of you and stands back up. "Let's get back to the truck. Rachel thinks we're at the theater, so we should probably go do something for a while..."

>go to the theater (suggest something to do there)
>go to your place (provide reason)
>go to the forest clearing (provide reason)
>go back to the apartment (provide reason)
>other
>>
>>319310
>>go to the forest clearing (provide reason)
Girls like riding horses right? Lets go grab a saddle and give her a ride.
>>
>>319310
>go to the theater
And watch whatever looks the worst.
>>
>>319310
>go to the forest clearing (provide reason)
"Hey I know this nice clearing in the woods by my house. I usually go there to clear my head, wanna see if it helps?"
if yes summon deer bro to give you and her a ride when you go by your house
>>
>>319330
>>319354
>>319412
I'm gonna have to call it here for the night, guys. I'll resume this tomorrow around 1800 MST, probably.
>>
Not sure clearing is a great idea guys, she's already in an unpleasant mood and the deer will probably get a negative reaction as a result
>>
>>319564
Apparently I will not be running the quest today. My tabletop group played but we took a break for a while. I JUST found out that they decided to resume without telling me, and I'm jumping back into the game again right this second as I'm posting. Also, my co-QM (Skelly) isn't online, so I'd be flying blind if I started.

I'll let you guys know if circumstances change.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.