[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FallQuest 3; the Feylit Moonlight part2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: Feylitpart2.jpg (145KB, 564x819px) Image search: [Google]
Feylitpart2.jpg
145KB, 564x819px
Find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fallQM
Or learn more about the quest on the pastebins or feel free to enjoy our plethora of adequate soundtracks (wip) as you wait for my lazy ass to post: https://youtu.be/tr8kKkFQYVI. [Embed]

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/yfmLxnyr
It's legend (wip): http://pastebin.com/p7J6hKUr

The Bestiary: http://pastebin.com/aJLCtvhJ
More Lore about Kith: http://pastebin.com/E65YEAL6
Other random exerts: http://pastebin.com/87kdQZYp

Rules: The quest is roll under (picking better of 3), it has no limits to the number of suggestions you can pick or make yourself and it will follow somewhat majority vote (depending on how much suggestions and players we have I might roll sometimes to decide in the side of fairness).

Please enjoy your stay. All contribution, questions and criticism are dearly welcome.
_

You are Maellan Kane, a novice warlock and bumbling sorcerer and hexer. You enjoy memorancy and dislikes not knowing things. You were an average Telkine boy like a dozen others, but one day a fallen star stole your soul and left you fateless, Exarch. You now have a roiling molten yellow and evil light in the place of your soul and it hungers for all things known. You fed it all you could, you learned to control it, now you want to get rid of it. You traveled following rumors of a fallen star sighted in the northern shores. Thus your journey to the Sea of Fallen Gods began.

These past couple of days have been quite eventful. Right now you stand outside the physician's office at the Caravansary of Kirkihill. It is a small town north of the Copperway and just east of the monumental walls that make border with the fey lands of the Vanir.

You were about to decide either to spend some of your money on supplies, provisions and equipment or to simply march all the way from here to Vanardrot at the bequest of a desperate Vanir girl, a Skarl servant. But you also intend to bring her back and pay her dues for the murder of the old priest of Kirkihill, Jarred Ramn, one of the few Kith that treated you with respect.

You are the Exarch, and this is your journey.
>>
>>313844
oh snap, might want to link the old thread OP, I was checking that one after your post.
>>
>>313854
(Thanks anon, I knew I was forgetting something.)
You can check the last thread here.
>>302052
And the first thread is saved in the archives here.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/279687/
_

You walk around the stalls and tents of the merchants peddling their wares at full lungs. You can see all sorts of materials of interest, from used and tested weapons, to enchanting stones, tools of most sorts of trades, spices, foods and potteries, pans, leather packs, clothsacks, clothes and rugs and hammocks. It's a small market compared to the ones in Qart Hadar or Coppertown, but it is still prolific!

One sight gets your attention from all the bartering: that lone Vanir salesman with the empty tent seems to have found himself trouble. Two man with the looks of those who search for trouble are giving the Fey a hard time about something or another. You bet it is just because he is fey, these prejudiced country people. They don't look too tough either, perhaps some woodsmen drunk in stories of glory from the wars against the Fey.

What do you intend to do?

>Ignore the trouble, you are trouble enough. Buy some small provisions; food, warm cloth, a better pack, etc.
>Ignore it. You have a large haul to make. Go check to buy weapons, armor, shields, maybe even a horse or cowhorn.
>You want to sell some things first (if this choice is made, there will be a list with what you appraise to be the prices).
>Call the guards from the Caravansary. Tell them some people are making trouble.
>Oh, they found trouble and trouble in double! Stop that bullying right now, stop it!
>Other.
>>
>>313924
>Call the guards from the Caravansary. Tell them some people are making trouble.

> You have a large haul to make. Go check to buy weapons, armor, shields, maybe even a horse or cowhorn.
>>
You decide that reporting this sort of behavior will do more good than getting involved yourself. You still have a lot to buy if you are to travel to Vanardrot today. As you walk toward the two sentries doing their rounds they catch glimpse of your vile eyes. It is a knee-jerk reaction but they still stiffen something fierce as you approach. You sigh.

"Guardsmen, you should know there is a duo of folks giving trouble to a merchant in his stall." They look at each other and nod to you following you to the offenders.

The situation immediately halts as the guards appear, the harassers taking a step back from the Vanir. You somehow knew there was a chance of things deteriorating further, but you are boggled by how quickly the guards took the two men's side over the innocent Vanir. They make absurd accusations about the Fey's value as a merchant, that he shouldn't be peddling, like owning an empty stall was some sort of a crime. It borders on the absurd and the guards just made it worse. As you step back from this horror show the Vanir gives you a meaningful look.

Well, you just fucked this man over.

>No matter, you did what you could. The filthy Fey probably deserves it anyway. Go shopping.
>You feel sorry for the man, but you aren't going to face two guards and two locals over him. Go shopping.
>"No, this is not right." Intervene on the Vanir's behalf.
>If these... hooligans try to push against the Fey one more time you will have some harsh words for them. (Violence)
>Other.
>>
>>314069
>guards, when I asked for intervention this was not what I had in mind, I do hope we can keep things civil. (threaten violence, if they don't stand down actual violence)

shit, well we might need to leave sooner than we wanted.
>>
The ridiculousness of it all give you pause, but you still step back in. "Guards, this is not what I-" But before you can finish one of them, a woman, put a hand against your chest and push you ever so slightly.

"Thank you for your concern, Exarch, but we have this under control now."

You try to argue that all they are doing is harass the Vanir even more, instead of protecting the merchant in his own stall, but you can hardly finish a sentence before they both interrupt you. "Exarch, leave this to the Caravaneer's Guard. I insist." They both have their hands on their side-arms; the small 1 feet long straight blades of the caravans.

From behind them you can see the Vanir look apprehensively at you, but he takes no action. You probably will be on your own if you do this. Nothing different from the norm, however.

Besides the Vanir salesman you can still see the two troublemakers with shit-eating grins plastered across their smug faces looking you struggle against the guards. They are NOT helping your mood.

What will you do?

>This is ridiculous. Not even the Fey is defending himself. Leave.
>Push the guards arm off of your chest. "Don't touch me!"
>Draw your Glass blade and in one swoop move draw blood from the unwary guard. Let's see how she likes some Dark Magic. [roll 1d20]
>Wreath your hand in manafire. "You two better step out. Now." [roll 1d20]
>Concentrate in your focus and try to charm or frighten the guards. Might be enough to drive them off. [roll 1d20]
>Your patience is thin. Unleash your inner void, let them see why they fear Exarch! [roll 1d20]
>Other.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>314273
>Concentrate in your focus and try to charm or frighten the guards. Might be enough to drive them off.
>>
>>314301
That won't do it against a target of 9 or lower.
I will wait for 10 more minutes to see if another roll appears (best of 3), but if it doesn't we will take this fall.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>314320
I AM HERE TO SAVE THE DAY, ANATAR!
>>
>>314351
(Impressive arrival! 1 minute to spare, its a shame it is roll under)

You clean your mind and focus on the connections of your ego as you try to pass that connection back to the guards, but it backfires. They must have had wards against hexery or been trained in their mental defenses, either way your casting bounces off harmlessly. Worse still, it alerts them to your offensive castings.

The woman holding you pushes you back and draws her side-arm. The man behind her takes his out and you can see mana gathering on his fist as it coalesces into a flowing ball of liquidmana. Great. He knows sorcery too. "Stand down Exarch, or we will use force!" Oh, the number of times you heard that.

From behind them the Vanir is looking at you with mortified eyes. He seems to be at a loss at what to do with this situation. The two thugs take a step back, surprised, (they didn't catch your casting) and pull out woodaxes. You have never been against so much iron and bronze in your life, it could end badly. Still, this is the path you chose.

How will you proceed?

>Use your manafire to ignite one of them.
>Try mind casting again, but go for a widespread stun this time.
>Draw your glass blade and go for drawing blood. Any amount of their blood can empower your other abilities and give you some recourse.
>Let your vile light free, expose them to the terror that is Exarch.
>Surrender. You are outnumbered and outgunned.
>Other.
>>
>>314423
>Let your vile light free, expose them to the terror that is Exarch.
>>
>>314423
what the fuck, I just wanted to go shopping how did it come to this

>use your manafire ignite the caster
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>314481
>>314483
I will roll for the sake of fairness.
>>
Rolled 15, 11 = 26 (2d20)

Your anger shows through your evil eyes and it alone gives the guards pause. They can smell the burning inside your soulless depths. From their expression alone you can tell they heard the stories about the Exarch, how they shatter souls and eat gods. You too doubted those tales as the ramblings of old people trying to impress the young, but it all became real to you when that star stole your fate and left you marooned in calamity. You are now part of those stories that people tell each other and no one believes.

You harness that. It is a cruel doubt, not knowing how your story will end, and it is something you can feed the molten light.

Inside you feel it gathering, growing, arching out as you reach it. It is an evil and cruel will, a fountain of infinite capability for harm. And you let it loose on the poor guards.

A powerful cascade of yellow fills the air around you like the sparks of a forge, it dances and drinks on power. Increasing in size and threatening getting out of control. The sorcerer guard throws a sphere of liquidmana at you, but the shower of molten yellow devours it effortlessly. The woman tries to strike at your throat, merciless and desperate, but the bronze sword becomes like mist and is taken away from her. They look aghast, pale with horror.

The two thugs have long now departed, running for their lives. The Vanir is screaming at you for you to stop this before you consume the entire marketplace!

You find out you have a desire to do destruction, to instill terror. It is becoming increasingly harder to control the trajectory of dancing sparks of your molten power.

>Let it free. Consume everything. Everyone. Make them fear, and then drink on that too. [gluttony]
>No! Channel it outwards and destroy the guards! [Wrath]
>Wait! Reign it in. Pull it back inside, else you destroy what you were fighting for! [roll 1d20]
>Other.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>314629
oh god why

>Wait! Reign it in. Pull it back inside, else you destroy what you were fighting for!
>>
>>314640
The odds are really stacked far back when there aren't many dices being rolled.

Going to take a break to grab food and do dishes, will come back with the post as soon as possible.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>314629
>No! Channel it outwards and destroy the guards! [Wrath]
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>314629
Wait
>>
>>315019
>>314943
>>314640
>and thats the story of how I went shopping one morning and became the most hunted man in the entire kingdom
>>
File: heliophagus.jpg (157KB, 714x1004px) Image search: [Google]
heliophagus.jpg
157KB, 714x1004px
There has been many accidents like this one where you gave your own darkness too much free will. It will always evoke the largest, most horrendous destruction possible. It is an uncaring force that desires the end of creation. And you let it free.

You panic. You look around the market and see the faces of a dozen different kith. Woodsmen, hunters, crafters, midwifes and potters. Children. You can see the Vanir salesman, his eyes full of tears and terror as he gazes down into the golden abyss that are your eyes. The guards move back. The sorcerer tries once more to throw liquidmana at you but he instead becomes a statue of salt and ashes. The woman screams and soon follow suit.

You can't control it, but you can shut it down. You are desperately trying to shove it back in. You try to breath it, catch it and swallow as the rains of yellow molten light fly around you destroying everything it touches. It is a true fool's errand.

You have to choose now and choose quickly. You can make a run for it, go to anywhere where there won't be any more victims. Those caught in your wake would be destroyed, but you wouldn't consume the entire marketplace. Or you could try to internalize it. The energy can consume you just as well as it can consume anything else, and without you it has no home so it would dissipate from whence it came.

But if you do nothing it will spread and will destroy everything you can see, including the Caravansary. Some would die, but most would be able to run from you in time.

>You are too scared to die. Scream at them to get away, and fast!
>Internalize it. Consume yourself. You will not be responsible for yet another accident.
>Run away. Everything in your path will cease to be, but at least the market will survive.
>Any other idea.

>>315027
*chuckles*
>>
>>314629
>Let it free. Consume everything. Everyone. Make them fear, and then drink on that too. [gluttony]
Screw it. All we wanted was a nice, peaceful stop.
They treat us with disgust and fear anyway, let's give them a reason to be afraid.
>>
>>315179
>Run away. Everything in your path will cease to be, but at least the market will survive.

I was a little too slow.>>315183
>>
>>315179
>>
You stop trying to recapture your vile power and bolt for the nearest way out of the market. There is little you can do for the poor people that don't get out of your path quickly enough. They become ashes and nothing more. The ground itself melts and boils as you pass over. You don't turn to look, you just run.

It doesn't take you long to reach a clearing in the middle of nowhere where the hungry storm finally calms down and recedes. You are panting and huffing, but you will recover [breath 07/11]. Now that you have the time to access the damage you wrought you can only look back at the trail of vulcanized land you left behind. Over a hill you see black smoke rising from where you imagine is the Caravansary. Welp. You aren't buying anything from there anymore.

All you can do for them, and for you, is walk away. If you go back they will try to arrest you again.

But where should you go?

>Barrows. Only place you can buy anything now. Before the news spread, that is.
>Go to old Jonny's cabin.
>You don't need provisions, go get Nadja and get out of town.
>Other.
>>
>>315309
We don't have much money anyway.
>>
>>315309
well, thats one memory we can happily feed to the void.

>>
You shake off the death screams of horror from your head and let go of the lethargy it causes you. You clean your eyes of the ashes of the dead and dust it off of your clothes. One advantage of being an Exarch is emotional shock doesn't hit you as hard. As if nothing happened you stand up and walk toward the outskirts where you will meet Nadja.

She is exactly where you last saw her. As you approach she waves. You both have an awkward moment where you notice she has her mouth full of blood and she notices you are covered in dust and carrying nothing more than you had before.

"Did something happen?" She is a little bemused.

"No. Nothing you should concern yourself with." Then you two drop the conversation and you begin to talk about the journey itself.

"It is cold up in Vanardrot, but you won't have issues as long as I can maintain my glamour and we stay out of the flash storms." Nadja is looking back at you a little concerned again. "Are you sure you don't want a weapon? Do you plan to fight the Draug like... that" She motions to you up and down.

Well?

>"Yes. I have no need for iron and bronze when I wield sorcery and hexery, and darker things."
>"No, I was expecting to get a weapon or a set of armor. That didn't work out."
>"Look who is talking, miss all legs and elbows."
>"Do you have anything on you? No? Then lead the way, we are going as is."
>Other.
>>
>>315404
>"No, I was expecting to get a weapon or a set of armor. That didn't work out. Unless we stumble upon some unforeseen opportunity on the way we will have to make due, turning back is no longer an option."
>>
>>315404
>"Yes. I have no need for iron and bronze when I wield sorcery and hexery, and darker things."
Embrace the monster within, we're 3/5 corrupted already, according to the character sheet, we should start playing the character like it.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>315478
>>315416
Dice for fairness.
If no one else vote in the next 10 minutes I take the roll.

And that 3/5 is a level up. Shit happens when you grow as Exarch, mutations and stuff like that.
>>
>>315478
By embrace the monster, I don't mean we should give up what's left of our humanity, but we have this power, and so does our enemy the red king. We should learn to use it better, we'll need it to face him.
And so we should practice controlling and limiting it. These draug sound like a good target.
>>
>>315514
Problem is if we feed this thing too much to fast eventually it will be the one in the drivers seat and we'll just be a sad little meat puppet that eventually just burns out.

Being pragmatic and amoral is fine, willingly treading the path to ruin is not.

The best analogue I can think of is the spirit eater from NWN2. The more you feed it the less control you have over what it does and the more demanding it gets.
>>
>>315495
How much is 37 copper worth, anyway? Like, would it buy anything more than a sharp stick? We know one doctor's visit costs more, even when the doctor doesnt do anything.
>>
>>315551
Yea, so it's a balancing act. We're going to have to call on it if we want to avenge our father, which means learning to limit and guide it, while still keeping it weak.
>>
"In truth I wanted for a weapon. And armor. But that way is closed." You don't want to discuss further so you steer it away. "If you know of anything I could use, or where I can find something, I am all ears."

She doesn't even think much. "Yeah. The halls of my house have some weapons I can lend you. But if you want something great we should talk to the Villa of the Mountains. Or to a Vyedma!" Her excitement quickly dies as she sees your confusion. "A bog witch."

"Oh." You should have guessed. Everything goes back to witches, really. "Well. Lead the way then."

She jumps off the rock with barely contained excitement and run towards the wall-like cliffs. You stare off for a moment before she stops and wave you over. Then you begin your trek over the high walls of the Fey land.
_

You are really surprised when you reach the limits of the wall. Who, in their right mind, would ever walk those stairs? They are broken in places, falling off in others. Not even a mighty mountain goat would be able to scale this mess of a stonework.

Nadja seems to see the incredulity in your eyes and giggles madly. "It's glamour, Exarch!"

"I didn't know you could glamour a place. Always heard of Fey using glamour on themselves. How is it even possible?" Her giggle burst into full laughter. Well, at least someone is entertained. Your face sours and she stops diplomatically.

"No offense, Exarch. The steps are not glamoured, but they need to be if you want to climb." As she says her words many phantom steps materialize right in front of her. She is giggling madly still, half-daring you to try them.

Well! What do you do?

>"Do you want to kill me? This is but an illusion!" Refuse to cross.
>Narrow your eyes. "You first, Fey."
>Defiantly step over the phantom path in front of her.
>"Madness, woman!" Refuse to go. This is suicide!
>Other.
>>
>>315611
>Defiantly step over the phantom path in front of her.
"Stop mucking about, [i]Nadja[/i]."
>>
>>315611
>Defiantly step over the phantom path in front of her. I do not know what madness has overcome you but we are wasting daylight, let us move on.

So glamours are like lies made reality in this setting correct? It's been implied several times that they can interact with the physical world just fine up until they are broken.
>>
>>315628
Forgot only OP can text format
>>
File: MJtNN3G.png (307KB, 640x343px) Image search: [Google]
MJtNN3G.png
307KB, 640x343px
>>315564
37 coppers is kinda like 37 dollars, if you can even make that comparison.
An iron pan would cost you anything from 4 to 10 coppers worth of coin, depending where you are and what coin you are using. A sword forged in a barrow and enchanted with magic would cost over a 1000 coppers.

The richest man on earth would own, at any given time, something close to hundreds of billions of coppers. The poorest makes about 2 to 10 every week of labor.

Note that coinage is quite a complicated affair, with varying monetary values and such, so many places will do trade by exchange and appraisal instead of coinage, but the biggest cities (Anun Loqemar, Qart Hadar, Black Ulmar, Miseria's Spire and Coppertown) are the ones that have actual coinage. The gods also influence the value of money, many of them being greedy assholes themselves.
>>
>>315649
Okay, so we couldn't have gotten much more than a cheap dagger anyway.

Is our black glass dagger fragile, or can it be used in a fight?
>>
You jump in front of Nadja and step over the illusory stone, it clearly sustaining your weight. You turn to her. Her smile is like the shinning sunrise and her normally pale face is ablush with a tinted pink. It is quite charming. "Stop wasting daylight, Nadja. Let's move." Your tone is humorless and you put flexion on her name to see what it does, mostly. Her sunrise of a smile immediately congeals into a snowstorm.

She just stares at you, mood frozen over, before stepping behind you. You two walk in silence all the way to the top.

When you reach the overarching expanses of the walls of Vanardrot you are met with the frozen wastes that live atop the clouds. The other side of the mountains (no, not mountains, plateaus) extends beyond the horizon in snow and ice. It is frigid, but being attuned to the burning element make things less... complicated for you. For now. Less than a mile away you spy what appears to be a watchpost of some sort.

Nadja catches up to you wearing a heavy bear coat twice her own size. It hangs lazily over her shoulders.

>"Hey, do you have another one of those? I will not be useful to you as an icecle."
>"What is that?" Point to the buildings nearby.
>"Do you know of anywhere I can get warmer clothes?
>You don't need her help. Ignite your mana. Draw heat from it (although it will exhaust you quicker).
>Humph. Feed your cold to the void.
>Other.

>>315668
(Black Glass can cut leather like its skin and even bend bronze, but it can't be used to block or parry anything last you risk breaking it. If you knew enchantment you could enhance it in a number of ways, but alas you were never the studious type.)
>>
>>315701
>*look at the coat* Never knew glamour could be so versatile, but unless that will work on me as well, we will need to find shelter before nightfall, what about those buildings over there?
>>
>>315701
>"What is that?" Point to the buildings nearby.
>Humph. Feed your cold to the void.

(That's about what I expected. We need a heavy bracer to parry. Can we burn mana a little to dance like a flame in combat? Or is that something we'll need to train to find out?)
>>
"We might need to find a roof before nightfall. What are those?"

She catches you looking and turn her face. Her mood is still cloudy, it seems. "Those are abandoned halls. Left there after the wars. Some houseless Chuds make their home in these places, but the Van never pay them much heed."

You stifle a shiver and feed it to the void. It is gone and took the frigidness from your limbs with it.

"You want to stay there? We are not even half-way through yet, and it will take no less than the rest of the day."

You think.

>"If you give me a coat like yours we are set to got." March the rest of the day.
>"I don't wear glamour like you do, so I need some hot water for a bath and a fine meal before we set off on your little vendeta." Walk towards the abandoned halls.

Strike small conversation.
>"Where do we go from here?"
>"What are these Chuds?"
>"What else can you do besides illusions?"
>"Is there anything glamour can't do?"
>Other.
>>
>>315775
>"If you give me a coat like yours we are set to got." March the rest of the day.

>"What are these Chuds?"
>"What else can you do besides illusions?"
>"Is there anything glamour can't do?"
>>
>>315775
>>315798
I'd rather not wear a glamour, and just feed the cold to the void, but this is okay.

(I wasn't voting to find shelter earlier, I was voting for curiosity.)
>>
>>315831
Aren't we just feeding our sensation of being cold to the void? Or are we somehow actually warming ourselves by feeding 'cold' to it? Not that an illusion keeping you warm makes any sense either but magic and stuff.
>>
>>315859
>You stifle a shiver and feed it to the void. It is gone and took the frigidness from your limbs with it.
I'm not sure, but if our limbs aren't stiff anymore, it's probably the cold itself.

Though, based on her earlier actions, she will probably be happy if we ask her to do a glamour for us, if we want to make nice.
>>
You shrug and ignore the halls, marching up ahead. You are not nearly as cold as you could have been and you never needed anyone's help until today. If you had you would be long dead.

"Wait, you don't want to wear something warmer..." Nadja doesn't even finish the sentence as a question. She is concerned, but says nothing as she follows up behind you.

You speak up to break the silence. "What are Chuds? I never heard of a Fey with that name."

"Oh, Chuds are houseless. If you lose your land or are cast out you eventually become Chud. Chuds are like all other Vanir but they can't use Glamour so they are considered thrash among the higher hierarchies of Harls and Herses."

You look at her, still warmly glamoured. "Is there anything else your people know besides glamour? It seems to be infinitely useful, but your reliance on it is the reason you lost the wars, you know."

This subject seems to be a bit a bore to her, but she indulges. "Well, glamour can do anything, really. Its only caveat is that it can't challenge the works of creation. So I can keep warm because the cold can't get to me through the coat, but a snowstorm would blow my coat away like it was mist. So yes, we are aware of its failings, we have shamans, weaponsmiths, armorers and runecasters. Still, we didn't count for your people's capability for violence and brutality." She gets solemn for a while. "So much death like we hadn't seen in a thousand years." You don't press on the subject.

After some minutes she speaks up again. "From here we can go either over the mountains or under the valleys. The valleys are warmer but are infested with all sorts of things, from trolls to fairies." She points to two distinct paths in a bifurcation.

As you step over the ice you just keep feeding the cold to your void inside in a pace like a furnace would devour coal. It feeds the molten light, so you get hotter and hotter to the point you leave pools of water under your footsteps. Nadja is now really concerned.

"Are you sure you are alright like that?"

>"I can cope."
>"No, it is exhausting. Give me a coat like yours."
>"I don't need your help, Fey. Yours or anyone's else. Keep that in mind."

Where do you want to go?

>Valley through the bogs and swamps. Warmer, but more dangerous.
>Mountains. Isolated, but colder.
>>
>>315859
Since you are attuned to the burning element you work like a furnace. The more you feed the void the hotter it grows.
That is why your powers manifest like molten rays of light.
>>
>>315881
>"No, it is exhausting. Give me a coat like yours. Please."

>valley

time to stop feeding the void.
>>
>>315881
STOP DROPPING THE TRIPS, DAMN YOU!
>>
>>315881
>"No, it is exhausting. Give me a coat like yours."
Slow down on the feed rate, we don't want it running out of control. Let's try to throttle back the void's power slowly though.

>mountains
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>315894
>>315903
Dice for fairness if no one else tiebreaks.
>>
>>315908
Valley.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

(totally not rolling for random encounters)

You sigh. "No, it is tiring. It grows in heat as it grows in hunger and it is an evil power." You rub your eyes and look back at the water you left in your wake. Like the molten scorched rock you left behind at the marketplace. No matter where you are synonym of destruction.

"Can I have a coat like one of yours." You ask Nadja as you turn to face her. She is very happy to oblige, beaming at the mention. The huge bear pelt condenses on top of your shoulders as if made of vapor, but it is solid, silky and warm. "Thanks." You mutter under your teeth. Nadja is absolutely euphoric, hopping and singing small rhymes in a weird tongue you never heard before.
_

You walk for hours at end, the sun giving very little in the way of heat and warmth. Old Mymr his name, said Nadja. A god very old and very unconcerned with their world. You think these fey live under insane conditions.

As you two reach the lower parts of the plateau you can see trees growing around in the snow, some deer grazing sprouts nearby. Things become less harsh and livelier. Even the old sun god seems to perk up at the sights. But not too much, huh, you old frigid thing? You cast those thoughts aside as you listen closely to the sound of music.

"Is someone singing?" You ask in a curious voice. Nadja's face becomes stone.

>"Such a lovely voice. Perhaps I should go check it out..." Walk towards the song.
>"It is a song my mother used to sing to me. Mother?" Search for your mother.
>Shove Nadja. "Go take a leak or something." The song inflames you with lust. Find it!
>"I don't like this. We should leave." Go towards the song.
>Other ways to follow the song.
>>
>>315957
>Shove Nadja. "Go take a leak or something." The song inflames you with lust. Find it!
>>
>>315957
>"Such a lovely voice. Perhaps I should go check it out..." Walk towards the song.
>>
>"Such a lovely voice. Perhaps I should go check it out..." Walk towards the song
>>
File: henrik-evensen-winter-forest.jpg (780KB, 1920x1067px) Image search: [Google]
henrik-evensen-winter-forest.jpg
780KB, 1920x1067px
In a corner of your head you can feel Nadja pushing your arm and screaming something, but you just shove her off. "Nadja, let me go." She stops pulling you, but you ignore her anyways. As you get closer you can hear the song growing more defined. You feel like whoever is singing must be the most beautiful creature in all the lands above.

Your eyes do not betray you, that you can verify for a fact. She has the body of a goddess. No, more beautiful than all the goddess of love you have ever seen. She has hair that flows with the motions of the wind, like clouds reflecting a sunny daylight. As you gaze from down where you are you see this charming creature seated on tree's branch far too thin. She must weight like a plume. And... Oh! You pull your eyes away. "Madam, I am so sorry, I didn't realize you were naked."

You hear a giggle, so feminine it physically hurts your heart, so full of joy that it sounds like the bubbling of a calm nascent.

"Here. Have this pelt." You offer your coat to her. "You must be freezing."

As she jumps down without a noise you can see the only blemish on her perfect beauty are her hooved legs, very similar to those of a cowhorn or a goat. She giggles and say in a voice that melts the ice from your heart. "Would you share that coat with me, traveler?"

>Accept her offer. (hot tamale)
>Refuse. It is inappropriate.
>Tell her she can share a coat with Nadja if she is wanting for warmth.
>Mention her hooves.
>Other
>>
>>316011
Aww fuck, Nadja pls bail us out here

>try to FOCUS something is not right
>>
>>316011
>Mention her hooves
Something's a little fishy here
>>
Well I'm about to pass out, good stuff OP, thanks for running.
>>
You try to clear your head of the fog you didn't notice was there and it does clear. You are very conscious that you were just charmed. As you look again at the woman's face, you presume a fairy, you are equal parts offended and disgruntled. But to be fair she still is goddamn attractive and being naked makes it very hard for you to glare at her.

She makes a pout that almost turn you around. "Please, don't be angry at me traveler. I can't help it. Whenever I sing, men come to me like moths to a candle flame." Her smile is honest enough to dissipate most of your fears.

Nadja finally arrives holding a small willow branch and hits you with it. You stare at her in a deadpan expression. The fairy is laughing like the rolling of rain.

The Vanir looks truly surprised, but still somewhat angry. "Oh. You woke up." She throws the willow branch on the ground. Before you can answer she turns to the beautiful fairy. "Forgive us, great Villa of the clouds! He is just passing on an oath to this lowly Skarl. We will not take your time." She then straightens up and pulls your hand with all the force she can muster, which is not insignificant. You almost fly away by your arm. How strong is this girl?

"Wait." The Villa interrupts your leave. "You can leave anytime, daughter of the Van, but would you listen to the pleas of a solitary Villa?"

You can't hold it in as you look her as if for the first time. "I never heard of a Villa. Is that why you have hooves, madam?"

Then three things happen. Nadja tackles you to the ground with the force of an avalanche. The clouds over top you immediately turn grey and a bolt of pure lightning strike exactly where you were standing a second ago. As you look to the Villa her once pale and beautiful hair now is all grey and black and blue and from her eyes lightning bolts strike around the earth and trees.

All you can hear over the deafening clap of thunder is Nadja screaming at your ear. "HOW BLIND CAN YOU BE TO INSULT A GODDESS?!"

Welp.
_

End of the Feylit Moonlight.

Tune in next week as we continue this misadventure and fight a goddess!
I will put all information forward on Twitter. Thank you everyone for reading, for playing and for being excellent people! You guys make this all worth it.
>>
>>316102
Ah, btw, any criticism is highly appreciated and encouraged. As my first Quest I really feel there are many areas I should improve in.
>>
>>316113
>>315495
>>315908
Be consistent in your game rules. If you're going to give a time window, be firm on it.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.