[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate/Prototype Recursion #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1466788725665.png (66KB, 579x379px) Image search: [Google]
1466788725665.png
66KB, 579x379px
Previous thread: >>298219
>Strengthen the field into a magical workshop

"We should build our workshop first. Once we have strong defences, we can move onto attacking"
"A wise choice, if I say so myself. I recon it might take longer than what daylight remains, still it should not matter."

Väinämöinnen hands you his wooden staff.
"I will require you help. You are familiar with northern runes, yes?"
"I have basic knowledge of them from my days of study at the clock tower... But as they aren't related to either wind or fire magic, I did not practice them"
"That is quite alright, I will dictate what to trace and where."

With that, Caster sits down cross-legged in the center of the stone field and slowly plays from the kantele.

You spend the afternoon running around the field tracing runes in various places, forming spirals and geometric shapes, the meaning of which you can't quite understand.
Of course, you recognise minor spells and effects: a strengthening rune here, a defensive one there, and so on.

Periodically, the field lights up with golden sparks and strong pulses of light flash into the sky, illuminating the clouds like lightning.
"Sorry boy, I wish I could stop it, but that is the nature of my songs, a bring light in the darkness."
"Well I hope it doesn't bring unwanted attention, although it probably will..."

For safety, you cast a simple warding spell around the area.

The work continues past dusk, yet what seem like small golden fireflies keep the sanctuary illuminated.

At about 11pm, you sense a familiar tingling in the back of your head: the boundary field you cast earlier.
You keep your cool and look around, you don't see anything, but you can feel the presence of a weak magical being keeping watch.

>Destroy it
>Ignore it and continue working
>Wait for it to leave and send your own familiar to track its master.
>>
>>313573
>>
>>313573
>>Wait for it to leave and send your own familiar to track its master.
I want to destroy it before it see anything important but that would make it really obvious that we're hiding here. Do familiars give information back live or do they have to get back to the master to deliver the information?
>>
>>313885
I assume they're the eyes of the master so the owner is seeing what it's seeing.
>>
>>314026
If that's the case then I'll change my vote to destroying it.
>>
>>313885
>>314026
If the mage controlling the familiar is actively looking through its eyes, they can see instantly. If not, the familiar will have to come back.
>>
>>314234
Alright then, guess I'll bet on them not actively looking and keep my first vote.
>>

You spend a few minutes narrowing down its position until you spot a small sparrow in the distance, perched on a nearby crest.

You focus your thoughts on the magical link between you and your servant and share your thoughts:
[green]"On the crest to the east, small bird, don't stare. We will let him go."[/green]
Caster doesn't respond, he merely continues his music without reaction.

Finally, the last few notes resonate from the silver strings and the light fades.
You lean back on a nearby menhir and feel the tremendous power flowing within.

As you make your way towards the abandoned village, the sparrow takes off towards Newcastle. You rush to your luggage, open the biggest suitcase and pull out a cage.
Inside is your very own familiar, Alcyone, a peregrine falcon your father had given you so many years before.
When it died, you took its body and turned it into a magical construct, responding only to your will and magic.

You free the falcon and watch as it takes flight towards its prey.

A bit past midnight, you sit in a dilapidated chair in your new home and focus your thoughts towards the falcon:

You are hundreds of meters above the city lights. The lit roads form a web in the darkness, yet you can feel the presence of your prey down there.
It's arrived at the destination: an appartment building on the north side of town.

You fold your wings and dive down towards the light. Your speed is so great that in a few seconds, you are already perched on a lamppost, peering into the building.

Quickly, you feel a flow of mana from one of the top floor windows. Without a doubt, you recognize an unnatural presence, the same you feel around your own servant.

Within, a young man in his late twenties paces around the room. Thanks to the supernatural hearing you gave your hawk, the words are clear and loud:
[red]"-preemptive strike could do it, he won't expect anything and you can strike him down before that old man reacts"[/red]
[red]"Yes my lord, but if I may... Their bounded field could warn them of my presence in advance."[/red]
[red]"Then you should strike fast, faster than they can react. Don't tell me its impossible, just do it."[/red]
[red]"Yes, Cunningham-Sama. Your will is my command."[/red]
[red]"Now then, you will attack at dawn. I expect to hear only of Caster's death tomorrow."[/red]

With that, the man opens the inner door and exits the room, most likely going to bed for the night.
You spread your winds and take flight, pondering as you regain your human senses.

>Wait for the unidentified servant.
>Launch your own preemptive attack.
>Write in.

(I'll try adding pictures when possible. If you have any comments, please feel free.)
>>
>>315145
well fuck, the tags shat themselves.
>>
>>315145
>>Wait for the unidentified servant.
We should have time to prepare for a battle. Lets lay some traps and talk to Caster about our battle plans. We should let him bring the fight near our base to minimize the chance of outsiders noticing. Tags only work for the OP ID, if you change IPs they won't work.
>>
>>315186
Shit, that explains why... Well, I guess I'll have to do without.
>>
>>315145
Looks like we are going to have company at dawn, someone whom is apparently very, very fast but does not have a good enough presence concealment to get right in here.

So if we are dealing with something fast aside from the normal trap runes might I make a suggestion. Trap, Contain and shrink their area of movement before destroying them. Unless...you know we can just wipe them out from a decent range.
>>
>>315145
>>

[green]"Caster! We prepare for battle at dawn."[/green]

[blue]"I suppose your familiar has seen something noteworthy?"[/blue]

[green]"Yes, a boy named Cunningham ordering his servant to attack. I know the little shit, he was a junior the year I graduated from the clock tower. He's the ninth head of his family and acts as if he's some sort of genius."[/green]

[blue]"By your attitude, he must not be."[/blue]

[green]"If he's strong, its due to the work of better men than him. As far as I know, he has yet to contribute to his own magic crest... And yet, we would do well to be wary of him, his affinity for shadow made him dangerous to anyone."[/green]

[blue]"Let us focus on his servant first, do you know its class?"[/blue]

[green]"I don't, although it was smart enough to discuss, couldn't be Berserker. Perhaps Saber or Lancer, it sounded that way."[/green]

[blue]"Very well, let us get to work."[/blue]

At a hurried pace, you both trace strong binding runes in two circular perimeters around the stone field.

Caster then prepares a series of boundary fields nested within eachother:

[blue]"Stay within. These are not castle walls, but they will take the blunt of any attack directed at you."[/blue]

Finally, the incessant flow of mana is dimmed considerably as Caster sits down and begins waiting. The trap is set.
Struggling against sleep and cold, you notice the first rays of the morning sun peek from the horizon.

On the crest, you can see the silhouette of a man carrying a long spear crowned with a sweeping curved blade: Servant Lancer, that leaves no other possibility.

Your blood stirs to action in preparation for the clash about to occur.

(cont)
>>
In a flash, the servant comes down on the menhir field and is instantly struck down by lightning from a dozen stones.

Yet, he gets up quickly and brushes off the dust from his long garments.
You can now see the monster of a man standing in the rising sun: Towering above even the tallest stone pillars and covered in black plates of armor.
The white scarf wrapped around his head reveals only the face of a man hardened by a thousand battles.

"You have forseen my attack, yet it will not save you, nor your servant. I will grant you my name, as should be done before all duels."

The warrior plants his spear into the ground and crosses his arms:

"I! am Saito Musashibou Benkei, Servant of the Lancer class, Retainer of Minamoto no Yoshitsune and Victor of 999 duels!"
He levels his naginata towards Caster.
"Now! Let us end this duel, Caster!"

Something is wrong.

The air is still.
His stance widens.
Its coming.

"Kakaru toki."

The sent of a forest in spring fills the air.
Water flows slowly under a bridge nearby.

"Sakoso inochi no oshikarame."

The killing intent is unbearable.

Caster conjures the pike jaw kantele... Not fast enough.

"Kanete nakimi to..."

Benkei takes a breath and speaks the last word:

"Omoishir--"

>Let Caster activate the workshop.
>Use a command spell to ready Caster instantly.
>Wait to see what happens.
>Write in.

Uh... I guess my IP adress for my phone's data connection changes depending on the location. Sorry for the tags.
>>
>>315943
Lets get a good start going and not struggle on the back foot from the off. Start off strong
>>
>>315943
>>Let Caster activate the workshop.
I have no idea how to fight with Casters. My only reference points are Tamamo and the crazy one from Zero. Here's to hoping someone smarter than me comes along and kicks some ass.
>>
>>315965
Well we are dealing with a Lancer so likely has Magic Resistance A,B or C so i'm using the command spell to buff the living shit of what we are about to do so this can't mess up.

In straight up fights Casters are to varied for a generic strategy, but most summon minions and spam ranged spell from behind them
>>
>>315988
Is it okay to just use a seal right off the bat like that? Ah well, it's probably better to use it and live than not use it and die. Switching vote to using the seal.
>>
>>315943
>Let Caster activate the workshop.
>>
>>315943
Unleash the command seal.
>>
>>316003
I'd normally agree with you since it's our first engagement. However playing as Caster means no chances and we need to survive to late game. That's where Caster's thrive
>>

Your mind focuses on a single thought: "Faster!"
Before your eyes, your hand erupts in crimson light.

"-razuba..."

In an instant, everything changes around you.

This isn't the North Pennines anymore, you are standing on a small dirt road at the bottom of a deep forest valley.
A strong stream rushes under the red wooden bridge as cherry petals fall to the ground.

"A reality marble?", you think to yourself. Your muscles don't respond as you try to move forward: No interference is allowed.

Caster and Lancer stand alone at opposite ends of the bridge;
the perfect setup for a duel to the death: no obstacles, no aid and no escape. Only the clashing of weapons.

Yet, the warrior is taken aback as Väinämöinnen plays his magical kantele.

"Impossible! This world does not allow for petty tricks of magic!"

He charges across the bridge, his blade plunging towards Caster's neck.

The sound of creation reverbates through the core of the mountains.
Väinämöinnen's voice is as thunder and rain, storm and fire.

In an instant, he is everywhere, and nowere.
Lancer's blade slices empty air and splinters the wooden boards as it crashes down.

Caster simply is.

The stream overflows and break away the bridge with an unstopable force.
Trees' ancient trunks are rippped asunder as lightning falls from the dark sky.

As the beaten ground of the train turns to bog, Lancer begins to sink into the murky water.
He struggles to get free, but the ground offers no support.

At last, the water reaches his face:
"May you die a pathetic death, northern coward! Benkei curses you with his dyi-"

Lightning ends his life and seals him within the dark waters of the bog.
Väinämöinnen ends his long and the destroyed reality marble fades back to reality.
"Thank you, young man. Without that seal, we would both have been lost to that man's prowess."

>Stay here to rest.
>Launch an attack on Cunnignham.
>Write in.
>>
>>316983
>>Stay here to rest.
Is there any need to go after Cunningham? Might as well stay here and recover and get ready for more fights.
>>
>>317015
As long as a master is alive, he can make a new contract with a masterless servant. Not much of a threat, but it can bite you in the ass later.
>>
>>316983
>Stay here to rest.
>>
>>317033
True. I guess we can blow up his house with super long range magic later right? Gotta finish setting up the base and making preparations.
>>
>>317064
Vainamoinnen isn't particularily good at long range destructive magic. (He is within earshot because of the kantele) His long range magic is more oriented towards divination and spiritual effects, kinda like a shaman.
>>
>>316983
>Stay here to rest.
Don't worry about it Caster. How about we rest here for a bit.

Have our familiar keep track of Cunnignham, so how he's taking the news of his seals fading
>>
Next post will be up tomorrow. I've also made a twitter to keep people updated: @FatePRecursion
>>
>Stay here to rest.

You decide to forgo attacking Cunningham for now.
The man is certainly in shock by now and he isn't likely to find a masterless servant so early in the war.

What takes priority is resting back to full strenght and identifying the other five master and servant combinations:
Saber
Archer
Rider
Berserker
Assassin
All formidable foes, each an unknown factor and most of all, each a mortal danger.

Caster activates the workshop's boundary field and extends it to the village.
At least, it will be safe there and you won't freeze to death.

Before going to sleep, you send your falcon back to Newcastle, to fly far above the town and perhaps catch of glimpse of something of interest.

Your vision is hazy as you aimlessly walk around town.
People pass by you, but you can't see their faces, as if they were missing.
Your steps lead you to a church, or perhaps a cathedral.

Across the street, a tall black shadow lurks in an alleyway, its gaze is upon you.
On a building, another takes aim at the first.
You turn around, a bright pure light in the open illuminates the area, yet it terrifies you, as if it hid something within...

The gates of the church open and as you look inside...

You wake up on the cot you had placed the night before.
The sun has already risen far above the horizon, it must be around ten or eleven.
In the corner, Väinämöinnen is slumbering under a worn grey cloak.

Your breath condenses in a dense white cloud as you take a deep breath.
For now, you call back your familiar, perhaps it will have good news for you.

(That's it for this thread. Next one should begin early next week, I'll announce it on twitter @fatePRecursion. Feel free to discuss, I'll be lurking around for a while.)
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.