[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cult Quest 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: IlvZk9y.jpg (320KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IlvZk9y.jpg
320KB, 1200x1200px
Cult Quest:
You play as the leader of a cult, with 2 people under your control. The type of cult will change how to the cult operates, and what sort of influence (Supernatural or otherwise) they have on the world . Please vote for the type of cult you guys want to run. The more people under your control the more power and influence you have. But be careful not to draw the attention of the media or the government.

A. Satanic (Have you heard about our lord and fallen angel, Lucifer?)
B. Way-Off-Branch of Christianity (Snake handling, fire-and-brimstone)
C. Elder Gods (Lovecraftian)
D. The Cult of Supreme leader! (Cult of personality)
E. UFO cult (Self explanatory)
F. Earth warrior (New age cult)
>>
>>307869
C
>>
A. Let's be some teenage edge lord and corrupt the school.
>>
>>307869
>C. Elder Gods (Lovecraftian)
>>
>>307925
+1
>>
>>308032
I like the idea of cult of satanic teenagers. I get a 80's horror movie vibe.
>>
>>307869
>C. Elder Gods (Lovecraftian)
Squids!
>>
>>307897
>>307933
>>308056
Votes have it. (I'm a bit of a slow writer, bare with me on the posts)
>>
>>307925
We can still do this with lovecraft
>>
Sherman was a research assistant to Dr. Mort, for three years. He had always gotten along with The Doctor ever since their university days at Miskatonic University, studying long dead languages and civilizations. But ever since they uncovered that odd statute, Sherman has been having strange and disturbing dreams. Dreams of strange and powerful Gods of madness, sleeping or taking their time before taking the earth back under their control. Dr. Mort began worry about Sherman’s sanity, his face showed the signs of his dreams. His notes became more disjointed and became less about science and research, and more about world ending prophesies. The doctor’s plan to ship the idol to the Smithsonian museum was clever, but unfortunately a paperweight to the back of the head can ruin even the best laid plans. Your dad, Sherman, managed to pin his death on the supposed “robbery” of the research lab, of which only the idol and some books from the reserve collection of the library where stolen.

You are David, a high school kid at Arkham High. Have been raised alone with your dad for 15 years. Until his suicide. His will informed you of where the idol and his notes where located in the house, and told you that you would be the one to raise dread lord Cthulhu from his sleep. At the moment, you live with your senile grandmother.

What is David’s first step???
>>
>>308241
>Study Dad's Notes.
>>
>>308241
Let's read our dear dad's notes.
>>
>>308259
>>308260
You read your dad’s notes. From the sensible handwriting, to the familiar shaken script in the old language. You have heard the tales of the old ones, and the various other beings; but these felt like nursery rhymes to you. But reading your father’s notes, the glimpse into the madness of the old ones, shapes your mind slightly. But you do not shy away from the knowledge, like your father did. Who could only stand to even think about the old ones.
(+1 Mythos knowledge)

Your grandmother wakes you up, and tells you its time for school. You slept all over your dad’s notes, obsessing over each word. You wanted to find more about the worship of the elder gods, but you would need a copy of some old, and very valuable books to truly learn more. You dress, and pack your bag for school.

What do you do after school?
A. Hang with the Jocks?
B. Hang with the Preppy kids?
C. Hang with the Goth kids?
D. Hang with the Nerdy kids?
E. Hang with whoever is in detention?
>>
>>308388
>A. Hang with the Jocks?
Need muscle.
>>
>>308388
>D. Hang with the Goth kids?
Show off your cool new lovecraftian knowledge, dude.
>>
>>308415
We need to get the goths under our power. OP, Is this where we get our two followers?
>>
>>308388
>A

So, if we hang with the Jocks and (presumably) establish some relationship with them, we actually have decent muscle for future cultists.

Nerdy kids would understand what we're doing and might NOPE away, Goth seems like the easy way out, and Preps are what we need after muscle.
>>
>>308400
We need to hang out with the Jocks, I second this.
>>
>>308400
>>308501
>>308513
Vote is in (Writing!)
>>
You head to football practice. You didn’t really care about going pro, you just enjoyed playing and hanging with the guys. After practice, you convince your two linebacker friends (Kyle and Tray) to meet you at your house around 6:30pm. They aren’t the brightest, but they are loyal to you. It doesn’t take long for them to be on board, though you will have to hold on to the fact that Cthulhu wants to eat everyone from them until their devotion goes up. You explain that this new-age moment is super popular with the girls, and that they’ll be more ‘Cultured’ for some of the high maintenance girls.
(+2 Followers +2 relationship to all jock interactions)

The next day, as you head to chem class, you notice a poster up for a tour of the Miskatonic University campus for prospective collage students. You know that is where your dad used to work before the old man hung himself. It is also a great resource to the study of old cultures and older books. The trip costs about $200 to go, which includes room and board, and a full tour of the campus. Unfortunately you have about $15 at the moment.

What do you do next?
A. Indoctrinate your followers
B. Try to find more followers
C. Study more about the elder gods
D. Use the cult to gain resources
>>
>>308624
>A. Indoctrinate your followers
gotta got them loyal if we're gonna worship a giant squid monster that wants to rape their brains
>>
>>308624
>C. Study more about the elder gods

Find a ritual for money, whatever the cost. Blingthulu saves.
>>
>>308624
We gotta indoctronate further. Kyle and Tray are our bros, bros don't let bros leave the Brocult, alright bro?
We gotta after this... like... Kidnap some nerd, bro. Their brains taste extra good for the Big Bro in the Ocean.
>>
>>308624
>A. Indoctrinate your followers
>>
>>308624
B. Let's see if we can get the rest of the team.
>>
>>308632
>>308641
>>308644
Votes are in (Writing!)
>>
As much as the tour appeals to you, that would have to wait. For now, You take the boys out for a little party and some underage drinking. At the party, you refill drinks and keep the guys out of trouble, when it comes time to head home, you drive them to your place to crash. There, you whisper the passages from your dad’s notes into their ear. You see them twist and turn in their sleep as images of non Euclidean horrors. The next day, they boys seem off, but eager to learn more about the elder bros.
(Follower loyalty +2)

What do you do next?
A. Indoctrinate your followers (Locked until another turn passes)
B. Try to find more followers (Specify the group of kids to try to persuade)
C. Study more about the elder gods (Gain knowledge/powers)
D. Use the cult to gain resources (Money, items, etc)
E. Other (Please specify)
>>
>>308741
>C. Study more about the elder gods (Gain knowledge/powers)
We'll seal the deal after we learn more.
>>
File: chad.jpg (56KB, 560x602px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
56KB, 560x602px
>>308641
damn, why isn't our name Chad

a cult of the Great Bro(ther) needs a leader named Chad
>>
>>308754
Im down with that, if everyone else is.
>>
>>308741
Seconding this.
>>
>>308741
Powers and shit will be really useful to convert others into the cult.
>"Oh, I worship a tentacle monster and I get mind rape abilities?sign me up!
>>
>>308765
???
>>
>>308759
I'm game.
>>
>>308765
>>308748
Mistakes were made, wrong quote.
>>
>>308779
Thats ok bro, brothulhu eats everyone the same :)
>>
>>308748
Deal.
>>
>>308741
Get studying. We can easily get the goths once we have even a glimpse of that vile power
>>
>>308748
>>308769
>>308779
>>308813
Votes are in (Writing!)
>>
This looks kinda cool
>>
Another night pouring over the files and notes your dad left behind. You find that whispering the dark truth of the universe into one’s ear while they sleep is merely one way of spreading the corrupting influence of the old ones. By showing people a few symbols of the old ones can be enough to start the process of corruption. Even slips of paper or charms with the symbol work.
(+2 Mythos +1 new spell: Imbue mark)

What do you do next?
A. Indoctrinate your followers (Locked until another turn passes)
B. Try to find more followers (Specify the group of kids to try to persuade)
C. Study more about the elder gods (Gain knowledge/powers)
D. Use the cult to gain resources (Money, items, etc)
E. Work Spell
F. Other (Please specify)
(Sorry for the wait, pizza finally got here)
>>
>>308960
B. Use your Imbued Marks to attract the goth kids to your cult.
>>
>>308960
>A. Indoctrinate your followers (Locked until another turn passes)
>>
>>308960
E. Work Spell

Imbue mark onto street signs, billboards using spray paint (which we'll need to buy).
>>
>>308960
a spell that lets us control our teachers would be great, no more C's for anyone in the cult!
>>
>>308960
>B. Try to find more followers Goth kids
>>
>>308960
>B

Find followers amongst the Preps. They're close to the Jocks socially, and if we control both groups we have a lot of passive pressure from our cultists setting the school's trends.
>>
>>308992
This
>>
>>308992
This. We could use marks if need be, but we should get preps. We have to remember, the goths are easy to get with the stuff we've got going so it might be better to get the more popular folk before getting the goths
>>
>>308973
>>308987
>>308992
>>309015
>>309020
Can I get a vote on the click that gets targeted? I just want to have a specific group before I write.
>>
>>309074
Preps
>>
>>309074
Goths
>>
>>309074
Preppies.
>>
>>309074
Preps
>>
>>309074
Preps
>>
>>309076
>>309091
>>309092
>>309094
The people have spoken!
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

You think on the best use of the new powers you’ve gained. You inform your bros that you are to work on a charms for the preps to buy. You figure that they would buy anything if its tied to a charitable cause. So you set to work making bracelets and necklaces that have various symbols.
(Roll determines success: DC = 15)
>>
>>309175
Looks like we may have overestimated the preps. I say we make a bunch of posters (and a club) towards something like getting water to uganda or stopping deforestation, then have subliminal symbols in the posters to bring members to us.
>>
>>309175
Jeez, 25% is kinda steep to tap into what seems like a pretty safe social group.

Then again, it could be partial success, up to the QM
>>
By the way folks I hope our game plan is to become pals with a Jock team and through the power of the Old Gods raise to the top of the sports ladder with performance enhancing magic, screw drugs! We can then once we are a powerful brand name, slip in our symbols and shit. Get the whole nation to chant with us at the super bowl...then their souls will be ripped from their bodies and our master shall rise
>>
>>309341
Let's have all the preps cooperate with eachother and create a supercompany after graduation.
The jocks will be the bodyguards and with our corporate might, we can find it easier to do shady shit because we can use money to bribe people
>>
>>309702
This. Could go uber sport-tacular, but we don't know what we can do yet. With symbols alone we could easily make a huge following by just carefully inserting them into advertisements.
>>
Rolled 301 (1d666)

God, you guys are boring.

Rollin' to sacrifice a goat or something.
>>
Rolled 658 (1d666)

>>310647
Rolling to sacrifice chicken blood
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 231x218px
>>310666
>post id 666
>roll 658
I-Is this a sign
>>
>>309175
...Well, atleast it isn't a nat 1. That'd probably expose us as an elder god cult or at the very least make us look very weird to everyone else.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.