[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Empire (Re)Builder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 23

File: qqFB7h0.jpg (685KB, 1206x921px) Image search: [Google]
qqFB7h0.jpg
685KB, 1206x921px
In the land of Ibellica the Empire is dying. It has been for some time now, but things have only gotten worse. The civil structure is collapsing, civil war is constant, plagues and famines are an everyday aspect of life. The world is cold and summer is short. To the East, rumor and fear drive whole nations westward to save themselves. Every day the weakened Imperial borders are beset by ever-increasing numbers and ever more powerful invader kingdoms looking to escape and rebuild in the carcass of the dying Empire. Where do you stand?

In this version of Nation Builder there are few rules. Try to keep it sensible, no one likes a nutter and don’t be an out of character dick, in character dickery is all too welcome. Well, those are the two important rules. The game rules are below.

There are two types of nation - Invader and Imperial. Both will start with different stats. Imperials benefit from free trade actions between provinces. Invader nations do not start with any territory. If they lose the territory they've taken they are not eliminated and return to migrating status until a successive battle puts them down for good. Invaders can join the Empire if they fully capture a former Imperial province and gain the Emperor's support. Powerful Invaders who have undertaken the project [Imperialism] (or a similar project) can form their own empires with the same benefits toward its members. Note: Imperial Players need to select a color already on the map to choose their province. The Imperial Seat is red.

Imperial Colors - Brown, Green, violet, pink, teal, lime, yellow, Dark Green

Every nation has a stat sheet. This is yours.

Name:
Color:
Fluff:
------
GM will fill these out
Defenses:
Troops:
Resources:
Food:
Technology:
Bonuses

Every nation has 4d100 to use on actions that they can take to improve their nation or interact with other nations in a stat-to-stat manner. There are two Seasons - Summer and Winter with each season taking a turn.

Example
I roll 1d100 to expand
I roll 1d100 to create a unit of knights
I roll 2d100 to research black magic dildos etc

Above is the basics to get your started. More in depth rules can be found at http://pastebin.com/p74bXN9J. Be sure to read them.
>>
File: First Emperor.jpg (105KB, 588x1000px) Image search: [Google]
First Emperor.jpg
105KB, 588x1000px
>>306420
Nation: The First Emperor
Color: Red
Everyone knew the empire was dying from the highest of lords to the lowest of slave scum. The Imperial line has grown weak and tainted through inbreeding and had gifted the empire with incompetence and corruption. As a desperate measure the Archmage of the Empire launched a desperate plot to stop the fall of the Empire. Using dark magics and the sacrifice of the last of the inbred imperial line to rip the soul of the First Emperor back for the realm beyond and bind it to a suit of armour so he could once again lead them to glory. The ritual worked perfectly bringing back the First Emperor in new iron-clad form, however this being of iron, blood and magic was not quite the same as the long dead man who had founded the Empire. This creature was utterly detached with once made it human with honor and emotion being replaced by cold calculating cruelty.

The First Emperor has reforged the central districts of the Empire into a war-machine with weakness and empathy holding no place in his new world. There are two options when it comes to the First Emperor, servitude or death.
>>
>>306420
Invader

The Lakesiders are a nation of farmers and fishermen. There is little centralised government and even an element of libertarian paranoia, with towns often constructing defensive foritifications such as trenches. The Lakesiders have a rich culinary culture, making use of their farmland and fishing waters to produce food, alcohol, pickles and biscuits. The Kingdom of the Lakesiders is currently 'ruled' by a young king who wants to rule as a just king but lacks experience. The Lakemen have recently started investigating mining the mountains to their east, but are at an early stage of development in this area and have a mediocre knowledge of the geography of the mountains.
>>
>>306449
Defenses: 1 [x2]
Troops: 1 [x2]
Resources: 3[+1/T]
Food: 2[+1/T]
Technology: Imperial Administration II Construction I Necromancy I
Bonuses
Imperator Primus - The First Emperor was a consummate military genius when he forged the Empire from blood and bone. You receive a +3 bonus to tactics rolls.
Deathlord - The Emperor can be fielded on the battlefield as a x5 unit free of upkeep, but he can be killed if used in this way.
Dark Legacy - The Resurrection of the First Emperor has been opposed by many provincial governors and clerics. You will suffer from internal enemies that oppose your dark rule.

>>306577
Are you an invader or a province?
>>
File: location.jpg (301KB, 1206x921px) Image search: [Google]
location.jpg
301KB, 1206x921px
>>306577
>Lakemen
Lakesiders

Another idea which interests the Lakesiders is the idea of mapping and defending a reliable trade route through the mountains to the coast of the sea and possibly founding a foritified port town.

For their location, see pic related.
>>
>>306628
That is an Imperial Province. It's Lime.
>>
>>306605
Sorry for not reading the OP thoroughly. We are an Imperial province.
>>
>>306420
Invader
Name: Sunniria
Color: Blue
Fluff: Once, long ago, the Ianniri People held lands in what would become the Empire of Ibellica. Lead by the warrior King Granix and his hero's court, the Ianniri held their land again Ibellica's legions for years. Both antions ground down in battle well until Granix died of old age and his successor took the thrown. Eventually during the time of Granix's grandsons, Aelfelgar took the throne. Lured in by promise of riches and luxury, Aelfelgar made peace with the Ibellican empire. Slowly through trade and corruption the Empire rotted away the heart of the Ianniri people, taking from them their culture, their gods, their legendary might and weapons through subterfuge, assassination and bribery. Then Then Empire struck a hammer blow against the Ianniri shattering them and scattering them to the wind, yet the Eradication of the Ianniri was not complete. For Aefelgar's brother Gorestad had seen what was coming and prepared against it, although few listened to him. he his household and a portion of the Ianniri fled before the Empire and disappeared in the wastes.
These forsaken, these "sun" Lived out in the reaches and suffered greatly for a long while. From their suffering grew strength, the reconnected with the ways of Granix, and regained their strength. The echewed luxury and regained their hearts. The grew to love battle once more and a culture solely their own was created. Their shamans experimented with new magic, creating runes, and they made new weapons.
Now, centuries have passed and Ibellica has grown weak, while The Forsaken People, the Sunniri are strong. They see their chance to reclaim their home and make their old enemy pay. So they will. With steel and song and rune and muscle, until their fury is spent and enemy lies dead.
>>
>>306605

Invader
Name: Northern Sha'á Warlords
Color: Orange
Fluff: A section of a much larger nation that spreads wide south of Ibellica. Due to heavy loss of men crossing the great Atama, they are currently few, and have little contact with their motherland. In a sense, they are colonizers, seeking to make contact with whatever lies beyond the great desert which once held them back. They are masters of hot climates, and although they are few in numbers, their warriors are hardened and experienced, selected from the elite of their army for this expedition.
>>
Name: The Legion of the Lion's Rampant
Color: Purple
Fluff: The Empire was built on it's army, and the army has slipped in it's strength. The invader barbarians have been integrated to such a degree that their loyalty is questioned with each new pretender. Seeing this degeneration, a single Legate set to work rebuilding the integrity of his legion. All those that could be taken, the most loyal and experienced soldiers to be found in the empire were gathered together, and a new legion was formed, from the ashes of each of the old, decaying military structures. This would not be the weakened, watered down, barbarian Foederati, it would be a solid wall of men, loyal to the extreme and hell-bent on the defense of their homeland. The legion venerates their first Legate, known as alternatively ''Leo'' or ''the Lion'', and many officers wear adorned lion masks, with the foot soldiers wearing their hair long like a lion's main, slicked back with oil for combat, or left outside of a helmet. The Lions of the empire roar with the fury of lost glory, and in the name of the Ancestors and the Lion, they will serve forevermore.
------
GM will fill these out
Defenses:
Troops:
Resources:
Food:
Technology:
Bonuses

Every nation has 4d100 to use on actions that they can take to improve their nation or interact with other nations in a stat-to-stat manner. There are two Seasons - Summer and Winter with each season taking a turn.

Example
I roll 1d100 to expand
I roll 1d100 to create a unit of knights
I roll 2d100 to research black magic dildos etc
>>
You will notice that most units and defenses don't have names. These are for you to give them. It's your stuff after all. Just put it before their [x] stat.

>>306577
Defenses: 1 [x4]
Troops: 2 [x1]
Resources: 2
Food: 6 [+2/T]
Technology: Agriculture I, Fishing II, Construction I, Army I
Bonuses
Lakemen - The Lakemen are an Imperial province in name, but have always been a free-spirited and individualistic people. The Lakesiders may call upon One militia unit equal in cost to half of the stockpiled food (Max of x6).
Fishbakset - The Lakes and rivers of Lake Alaes have always been a bountiful source of food and wealth for the Lakesiders and they have learned to exploit it with ease. +10 to all actions to exploit the lake and rivers.
Freedom Rings - The Lakesiders have always held a resentment toward Imperial intervention and dislike Imperial Taxation.

>>306651
Defenses:
Troops: 3 [x1] 1 [x2] 1 [x4]
Resources: 3
Food: 12
Technology: Army III
Bonuses
Migrating - The Sunniri are looking for a new home in the Empire proper and to take it for themselves. Sunniri troops do not cost food while migrating, but the food stocks will decrease by 1 every turn until they find a town or city to settle. If Food reaches 0 the hordes will disband after 2 winters.
The Way of Granix - Sunniri warriors are some of the most daunting foes to fight, and their enemies know it. You receive a +5 bonus to combat to be spread among units as you wish. This bonus is not lost once used. You also receive +10 to recruitment actions.
Barbarians - The Sunniri are not civilized and will either destroy or attempt to adjust whatever Imperial holdings they take to their own use, but it will take additional time to convert these settlements.

>>306652
Defenses:
Troops: 2 [x1] 2 [x2]
Resources: 4
Food: 8
Technology: Army I, Agriculture I, Construction I
Bonuses
Migrating - The Sha'a are looking for a new home in the Empire proper and to take it for themselves. Sha'a troops do not cost food while migrating, but the food stocks will decrease by 1 every turn until they find a town or city to settle. If Food reaches 0 the hordes will disband after 2 winters.
Civilized Invaders - Unlike many barbarian hordes the Sha'a come from a civilized land of their own. They will have an easier time converting and administrating capture territory.
Formal Military Structure - The Sha'a warlord are officers of a developed and experienced military familiar with their Imperial opponents. You receive +3 to tactics rolls against IMPERIALS only.
Colonizers - The formal administration in Sha'a does not approve of this land grab by these Warlords, and will not send formal aid and may sanction your efforts if they are not appeased.
>>
Hey, OP, can you give us the old boundaries of the Empire so I know where would be realistic to have old fortifications?
>>
>>306719
Defenses: 1 [x1]
Troops: 2 [x2] 1 [x1]
Food: 7 [+2/T]
Technology: Army I, Agriculture ,I Construction I, Logistics I
Bonuses
Leo's Lions - The Lions have a rich military tradition and a skilled commander. You receive +3 to tactics rolls against Invaders and +!0 to all recruitment rolls.
Resourceful - Leo's province of [x] is one of the richer in the Empire. You receive +10 to rolls to create resources.
Seize the Purple - Leo is considered one of the candidates for the Crimson Throne by disgruntled parties in the Empire. You may be approached by loyalists and traitors alike to test your loyalty.

>>306861
Those are already on the map. The southern area has forts and towns but isn't held by any Imperial province.

>>306651
Die-Hards - One Sunniri unit every season may ignore the effects of a 1.

>>306628
Edit Food to +4/T instead of +2.
>>
File: Summer Y 1.jpg (300KB, 1206x921px) Image search: [Google]
Summer Y 1.jpg
300KB, 1206x921px
It is the first Summer of the New Year of Resurrection, a mandatory holiday has been declared through the Empire to celebrate Imperator Primus' return.

Game Begins.
>>
Rolled 98, 95, 9, 90 = 292 (4d100)

Name: The Legion of the Lion's Rampant
Color: Purple
Fluff: The Empire was built on it's army, and the army has slipped in it's strength. The invader barbarians have been integrated to such a degree that their loyalty is questioned with each new pretender. Seeing this degeneration, a single Legate set to work rebuilding the integrity of his legion. All those that could be taken, the most loyal and experienced soldiers to be found in the empire were gathered together, and a new legion was formed, from the ashes of each of the old, decaying military structures. This would not be the weakened, watered down, barbarian Foederati, it would be a solid wall of men, loyal to the extreme and hell-bent on the defense of their homeland. The legion venerates their first Legate, known as alternatively ''Leo'' or ''the Lion'', and many officers wear adorned lion masks, with the foot soldiers wearing their hair long like a lion's main, slicked back with oil for combat, or left outside of a helmet. The Lions of the empire roar with the fury of lost glory, and in the name of the Ancestors and the Lion, they will serve forevermore.
------
Defenses: 1 [x1]
Troops: Lion Legionaries [x2] Auxillia [x1]
Technology: Army I, Agriculture ,I Construction I, Logistics I
Bonuses
Leo's Lions - The Lions have a rich military tradition and a skilled commander. You receive +3 to tactics rolls against Invaders and +!0 to all recruitment rolls.
Resourceful - Leo's province of Pridlan is one of the richer in the Empire. You receive +10 to rolls to create resources.
Seize the Purple - Leo is considered one of the candidates for the Crimson Throne by disgruntled parties in the Empire. You may be approached by loyalists and traitors alike to test your loyalty.

1. Reforge the legions. Gather more loyal and strong men to serve, and train them to be steadfast Legionaries.
2. Develop more efficient farming. The men of the legions require good, solid food, and the best men of the empire, after the soldiers, are the farmers.
3. Work on the establishment of defenses on the northern border. We are the Empire's bulwark.
4. Develop our military technology. The legion will be the most advanced force in the world.
>>
Rolled 66, 100, 81, 24 = 271 (4d100)

>>306943
Prepare and send an expedition into the mountains to conduct a broad survey of the area, including the plants and animals, the geography and any resident peoples.
>>
Rolled 76, 23, 76, 77 = 252 (4d100)

>>306943
Everyone knew the empire was dying from the highest of lords to the lowest of slave scum. The Imperial line has grown weak and tainted through inbreeding and had gifted the empire with incompetence and corruption. As a desperate measure the Archmage of the Empire launched a desperate plot to stop the fall of the Empire. Using dark magics and the sacrifice of the last of the inbred imperial line to rip the soul of the First Emperor back for the realm beyond and bind it to a suit of armor so he could once again lead them to glory. The ritual worked perfectly bringing back the First Emperor in new iron-clad form, however this being of iron, blood and magic was not quite the same as the long dead man who had founded the Empire. This creature was utterly detached with once made it human with honor and emotion being replaced by cold calculating cruelty.

The First Emperor has reforged the central districts of the Empire into a war-machine with weakness and empathy holding no place in his new world. There are two options when it comes to the First Emperor, servitude or death.
---
Defenses: Imperial Capital [x2]
Troops: 1st Legion [x2]
Resources: 4[+1/T]
Food: 3[+1/T]
Bonuses
Imperator Primus - The First Emperor was a consummate military genius when he forged the Empire from blood and bone. You receive a +3 bonus to tactics rolls.
Deathlord - The Emperor can be fielded on the battlefield as a x5 unit free of upkeep, but he can be killed if used in this way.
Dark Legacy - The Resurrection of the First Emperor has been opposed by many provincial governors and clerics. You will suffer from internal enemies that oppose your dark rule.
-----
1. Research [Secret Police I]
2. Research [Necromancy II]
3. Research [Construction
4. Raise a new legion [4 Materials]
---
The First Emperor shall send a message to every provincial ruler and citizen of this now decrepit empire.

My Subjects, I have long slumbered while my children have squandered the gift of this glorious Empire I made for them. You have all grown weak with corruption and decadence. The Crimson Empire is but a shell of what it once was with enemies on all sides threatening to tear it down. This shall not stand, I will burnout the corruption, I will obliterate those lost in decadence and I will rebuild this Empire anew. You may either stand will more or be ground in the dust behind me.

Imperator Primus
>>
Rolled 49, 96, 14, 77 = 236 (4d100)

>>306799
Fluff: http://pastebin.com/AZ1r0Mke
Defenses:
Troops: 3 Sunniri Swordsmen [x1] 1 Sunnri War Shamans [x2] 1 Hero Cohort [x4]
Food: 12
Technology: Army III
Bonuses
Migrating - The Sunniri are looking for a new home in the Empire proper and to take it for themselves. Sunniri troops do not cost food while migrating, but the food stocks will decrease by 1 every turn until they find a town or city to settle. If Food reaches 0 the hordes will disband after 2 winters.
The Way of Granix - Sunniri warriors are some of the most daunting foes to fight, and their enemies know it. You receive a +5 bonus to combat to be spread among units as you wish. This bonus is not lost once used. You also receive +10 to recruitment actions.
Barbarians - The Sunniri are not civilized and will either destroy or attempt to adjust whatever Imperial holdings they take to their own use, but it will take additional time to convert these settlements.

1. Scout out the nearest City to us. Find out everything they can have and use, as well as any terrain we can use for an advantage.

2. Recruit and train More Sunniri for the coming battle
+10

3. The shamans look at the metals of the land, and attempt to figure out how to better weapons from it.

4. Move towards the Ibellican city. We shall drive them before us and hear the lamentations of their women. We shall make their losses from their weakness and infirmity our gain.
>>
Rolled 98, 62, 70, 40 = 270 (4d100)

Invader
Fluff: A section of a much larger nation that spreads wide south of Ibellica. Due to heavy loss of men crossing the great Atama, they are currently few, and have little contact with their motherland. In a sense, they are colonizers, seeking to make contact with whatever lies beyond the great desert which once held them back. They are masters of hot climates, and although they are few in numbers, their warriors are hardened and experienced, selected from the elite of their army for this expedition.
-------
Defenses:
Troops: Sha'a Expeditionary Commonfolk [x1] 7th Sandwhisperer Warband [x2]
Bonuses
Migrating - The Sha'a are looking for a new home in the Empire proper and to take it for themselves. Sha'a troops do not cost food while migrating, but the food stocks will decrease by 1 every turn until they find a town or city to settle. If Food reaches 0 the hordes will disband after 2 winters.
Civilized Invaders - Unlike many barbarian hordes the Sha'a come from a civilized land of their own. They will have an easier time converting and administrating capture territory.
Formal Military Structure - The Sha'a warlord are officers of a developed and experienced military familiar with their Imperial opponents. You receive +3 to tactics rolls against IMPERIALS only.
Colonizers - The formal administration in Sha'a does not approve of this land grab by these Warlords, and will not send formal aid and may sanction your efforts if they are not appeased.

1. Set a provisory camp by the borders of the Empire, fortifying the area.
2. Estabilish trade of exotic good brought from our arid motherland with the Lakemen in exchange for food.
3. Recruit the locals, be it the Lakemen or even Imperial peasants, bringing them in with promises of food and safety in exchange for their services as soldiers.
4. Have the experienced officials of the expeditionary forces train new recruits and commonfolk, reinforcing the bulk of our army.
>>
We all managed to roll above average on our total rolls. Good start for all of us.
>>
I kinda wish I started on the southwestern part of the map, here I have no neutral cities to take.
>>
File: Winter Y 1.jpg (300KB, 1206x921px) Image search: [Google]
Winter Y 1.jpg
300KB, 1206x921px
>>307048
1. More Legionaries are recruited. Troops: 1 x1 Army II 2/8
2. Agriculture II 5/8
3. No progress is made on northern defenses. In all the recruitment frenzy too many men joined the Legion and not enough were left to build an extra project.
4. Progress is made on military technology. Choose ONE: Tactics I 3/4 or Equipment I 3/4

>>307156
You are missing 1 x1 and 1 x2 units

1. You are [Encamped] While encamped you will not lose food during the Summer turn but you cannot attack or scout. Add Defense: 1 x1

2. The establishment of trade goes well, although your estranged nature makes it difficult to convince Sha'a traders to come to the embattled Empire across the desert.

3. Some local tribesmen are willing to throw in with the Sha'a if the Sha'a are willing to push forward and carve out a new country for them. Add 1 food

4. The training of new recruits goes well enough. Add 1 x1 -1 resource

>>307073
Remember to post your sheet with your turn.

1-4. The surveys go over well. A horde of barbarians have been spotted to the east. They seem unfriendly. A small Sha'a army has also been spotted to the north but they've done little more than dig in and try to make friends. They've opened a trade route with one of the outlying towns, and have asked if you would be willing to trade Food for Resources (you may respond as a free action diplomacy costs nothing). There also appears to be a fire drake in the mountains, but it is asleep.

>>307084
1. The establishment of loyal spies begins. Secret Police 2/4
2. The practice of necromancy remains taboo and opposed and so little progress is made.
3. Research on improved construction moves ahead. 2/4
4. A new legion is raised from the dead. 1 x1 -1 resource

>>307124
1. The nearest Imperial City seems to be lightly defended. The scouting will bring advantages come time for battle. +2 tactics for the next battle

2. The Sunniri flock to the banners now that the enemy is near. Troops: 1 x3 Army IV 3/12

3. The iron here seems no different than your own.

4. The horde moves. It will arrive in range to attack next Summer.
>>
>>306420
Name: The Shlasoka Khanate
Color: Gold
Fluff: The Shlasoka Khanate was once a scattering of tribes within the desert. With little to farm they learned to tame the beasts and monsters of the desert and mountains. They learned to herd animals for food, and to raid one another when times were scarce. Those times have come to an end. Khan Alkerak has united the scattered tribes and broken a great drake to be his mount. Now the clans of the Khanate march, and the bays of beast call for blood. It is time for the Khanate to rise!
>>
Would it be possible to attack the Green Imperial City this turn?
>>
Rolled 47, 19, 97, 94 = 257 (4d100)

>>307360
Defenses:
Troops: 3 Sunniri Swordsmen [x1] 1 Sunnri War Shamans [x2] 1 Sunniri Berserkers [x3] 1 Hero Cohort [x4]
Food: 11
Technology: Army III (Iv 3/12)
Bonuses
Temp Bonuses:+2 tactics for next battle
1. Recruit more men for battle. We will be more than ready for them when we come.
+10

2. The shaman are tasked with ways to overcome the city's defenses. The walls are tall and strong, we shall break them down.

3.The old, the women who do not fight and the children are tasked with examining and observing the farms and food of the land. Once we break the Empire we will need to learn how to feed ourselves.

4.One Shaman has a dream late at night about Granix coming to him in a dream. He took part in strange rites then and felt stronger for it. He attempts to relay all he remembers to his fellows.
>>
>>307434
Defenses:
Troops: 3 Sunniri Swordsmen [x1] 1 Sunnri War Shamans [x2] 1 Sunniri Berserkers [x3] 1 Hero Cohort [x4]
Resources: 0
Food: 11
Technology: Army III (Iv 3/12)
Bonuses

1. Gather resources via raiding the Imperial lands.
(dice stays the same)

Revised sheet.
>>
>>307429
Not this turn, but the next. You may begin moving toward them this turn though.

Defenses:
Troops: 2 [x2 ] 1 [x3]
Technology: Army II Agriculture I Construction I
Bonuses
Migrating - The Shalasoka are looking for a new home in the Empire proper and to take it for themselves. Shlasoka troops do not cost food while migrating, but the food stocks will decrease by 1 every turn until they find a town or city to settle. If Food reaches 0 the hordes will disband after 2 winters.
Born in the Saddle - Your nation cannot fail movement rolls.
Swift as the Wind - Your people are focused on cavalry and it shows in their speed o n the battlefield. You receive +5 to all tactics rolls. +5 to recruitment rolls.
Khanate - The rulers lead by strength, not wisdom. So long as you are successful your rule is unquestioned but too many failures will begin to tear it apart quickly.
Exotic - You receive +15 to rolls to find and tame new mounts or warbeasts.
>>
Invader
-------
Defenses:
Troops: 3 Sha'a Expeditionary Commonfolk [x1] 2 Sandwhisperer Warband [x2]
Bonuses

1. Inform the capital of the possibility of trade with these lands, asking for incentive for the traders currently crossing the deserts to sell their exotic goods.

2. March the armies from the camp towards the Green Imperial city, using the camp as a checkpoint.

3 & 4. Attack the Green Imperial City, taking it by force. Keep the buildings intact, this is a takeover, not a plundering.
>>
Rolled 14, 49, 97, 27 = 187 (4d100)

>>307360
Bonuses
Lakemen - The Lakemen are an Imperial province in name, but have always been a free-spirited and individualistic people. The Lakesiders may call upon One militia unit equal in cost to half of the stockpiled food (Max of x6).
Fishbakset - The Lakes and rivers of Lake Alaes have always been a bountiful source of food and wealth for the Lakesiders and they have learned to exploit it with ease. +10 to all actions to exploit the lake and rivers.
Freedom Rings - The Lakesiders have always held a resentment toward Imperial intervention and dislike Imperial Taxation.

[Today's headline: SHA'A FOREIGNERS TRY TO BUY UP OUR FOOD SUPPLY - PLOT TO WEAKEN THE KINGDOM?!]

Free diplomatic: We respond to the request from the Sha'a regarding the proposed trade of food for resources with a request to the Sha'a to define the nature of the resources of which they speak, and make it clear that we are not in pressing need of any goods or services.

1-2: Move a unit of troops north to defend against possible Sha'a aggression.

2-4: Continue to survey the mountains, looking for any possible mining sites, accompanied by another unit of troops.
>>
Rolled 5, 17, 99, 87 = 208 (4d100)

>>307478
Remaking my actions, then.

3. Found a formal trade guild to manage the trade between Lakemen and the Asha'a.
4. Research better military technology, using the Empire as basis.
>>
Could I join is there any space?
>>
>>307525
Yes. Lime, red, and purple provinces have been taken. The others and invaders are open still.
>>
Rolled 75, 93, 18, 84 = 270 (4d100)

>>307478
Fluff: The Shlasoka Khanate was once a scattering of tribes within the desert. With little to farm they learned to tame the beasts and monsters of the desert and mountains. They learned to herd animals for food, and to raid one another when times were scarce. Those times have come to an end. Khan Alkerak has united the scattered tribes and broken a great drake to be his mount. Now the clans of the Khanate march, and the bays of beast call for blood. It is time for the Khanate to rise!
Defenses:
Troops: 2 Outriders[x2 ] 1 Horse Archers[x3]
Bonuses
Migrating - The Shalasoka are looking for a new home in the Empire proper and to take it for themselves. Shlasoka troops do not cost food while migrating, but the food stocks will decrease by 1 every turn until they find a town or city to settle. If Food reaches 0 the hordes will disband after 2 winters.
Swift as the Wind - Your people are focused on cavalry and it shows in their speed o n the battlefield. You receive +5 to all tactics rolls. +5 to recruitment rolls.
Khanate - The rulers lead by strength, not wisdom. So long as you are successful your rule is unquestioned but too many failures will begin to tear it apart quickly.

1&2. Send out explorers north for knowledge of what is around.
3. Begin looking for some beasts to tame.
4. Begin moving the horde northward.
>>
>>307536
Name: Asöni
Fluff: Following the strange circumstances of their Exudus from the Cursed Lands, the Asöni traveled for generations by sea. They landed in many strange lands, and had sometimes thrived in the new lands discovered. But alas these "sea people" we're always driven out with slurs and persecution. But now their new leader has finally lead his people into a new and hopeful age. Landing in a jungle area reminding them of their here long lost homeland, the Asöni set out to rebuild their culture and their people
Invader
>>
>>307496
The expedition brought not in quantity, but variety.
For behold, bountiful fruits which could be planted on the outer circle of Lakemen's province. Of course, as of stands, we have no acess to water for farming. This is why we ask for this exchange, investment for immediate gain.

If you are looking for something to appease not the commonfolk but rather the nobles, the finely crafted jewelry or maybe the masterwork shoes our nobles use for the scalding sands of Atama will fit well. Of course, of these we brought few. Two at most, but we can bring in more supply, if you offer the demand.
>>
I will be busy for a while, around thirty minutes to one hour. OP, will I lose my turn if I do not respond in time, or can you do the basics for me meanwhile?
>>
File: Summer Y 2.jpg (300KB, 1206x921px) Image search: [Google]
Summer Y 2.jpg
300KB, 1206x921px
Imperial News: Invaders have been sighted to the North and the East! The Provinces of Drakengard and Astrahar have called for aid from the Emperor and other provinces.

>>307496
1-2. Winter movement is difficult and slow. Your troops will arrive near the Sha'a camp by next Summer.
3-4. Several veins of iron and a few veins of silver have been uncovered in the mountains. +5 resources

>>307490
1. The capitol again disavows the expedition and refuses support.
2. The winter makes movement slow and the army is bogged down before it makes it far. You will need to try again to move further. Better luck in the Summer?
3. A trade guild is opened [x1] -1 resource Add section: Buildings: Trade Guild [x1] read the rules for trading. Trade guilds increase the bonus food/resource gained by mutual trade by 1 per level The Lakemen have asked for further clarification so you should speak to them about any trade deals you want.
4. Observations have opened up the following branches choose ONE: Army III, Tactics I, Equipment I

>>307434
1. Raids have carried away +1 Resource
2. The Shaman come to the conclusion that an orderly siege would be the best way to capture the city
3. Agriculture I
4. The Shaman teaches his fellows and begins to reawaken the inner strength of Granix. Battle Magic I 3/4

>>307605
1-3. The outriders move swiftly north, uncovering the locations of two large towns who seem to be independent, and a very large and wealthy Imperial province further north. They also find some sand drakes in the deserts. They might be tamable. You're not sure yet.
4. The Horde moves northward, and picks up some resources along the way. +1 resource.

>>307613
Defenses:
Troops: 1 [x3] 5 [x1]
Food: 10
Technology: Army II,
Bonuses
Migrating - The Asoni are looking for a new home in the Empire proper and to take it for themselves. Asoni troops do not cost food while migrating, but the food stocks will decrease by 1 every turn until they find a town or city to settle. If Food reaches 0 the hordes will disband after 2 winters.
Refugees - The Asoni are tired of running, they want a home and they'll take one by force is necessary. +5 to combat rolls to take cities to be spread among units as you wish. This bonus is not lost once used.
Civilized Invaders - The Asoni used to have their own country, and are not the dangerous barbarians many other invaders are. They will have an easier time converting and administrating capture territory.
Rich Culture - The Asoni gain +10 to researching Construction and Culture technologies.

The next turn result will be calculated and posted tomorrow. Feel free to use the thread for fluff and diplomacy as well as your Summer turn as you see fit until then. Nations who haven't posted for the winter can make up the rolls during the Summer.
>>
>>307797
Do I have to capture a city or settlement to start building a nation?
>>
>>307923
Yes you will need one to settle.
>>
>>307797
How many turns did I miss from Summer?
>>
Rolled 33, 36, 66, 50 = 185 (4d100)

>>307797
Defenses:
Resources: 1
Food: 10
Technology: Army III (Iv 3/12), Agriculture I, Battlemagic I (3/4)
Bonuses

1. The dreams had been a great starting point for research into the ways of Granix. Now all that was needed was the ability to finish the rite. (3/4)

2.Continue raiding the Empire for food and resources.

3-4. Set up a siege around the city. No escape, No survivors.
>>
Rolled 75, 29, 50, 52 = 206 (4d100)

>>307797
Defenses:
Resources: 5
Food: 7
Bonuses

1. Begin attempting to tame the sand drakes +15
2. Scout out the independent towns.
3. Send a raid against the wealthy imperial provinces.
4. Search for more beasts to tame.
>>
>>307923
You may stay as a nomad for as long as you wish, but you will lose food while doing so.

Sha'a waits for the Lakemen's proposal, looking forward to trade the capital's exotic goods for their ores.
>>
Rolled 65, 55, 36, 40 = 196 (4d100)

-------
Defenses:
Troops: 3 Sha'a Expeditionary Commonfolk [x1] 2 Sandwhisperer Warband [x2]
Buildings: Trade Guild [x1]
Bonuses

1. Research Equipment I from the Imperials, send result to capital.
2. Move all troops from the camp towards the Green Imperial City.
3 & 4. Scout the desert for the best routes through which caravans should pass and anything else of interest.
>>
File: bureaucracy.jpg (65KB, 550x436px) Image search: [Google]
bureaucracy.jpg
65KB, 550x436px
Name: The Cantons of Paper
Color: Pink
Fluff: The Cantons of Paper -- which is really more of a nickname used derisively by outsiders -- is one of the less stressed areas of the empire. Here civil services are distributed, taxes are collected, and the general order of life has continued without so much an issue as the more distant regions. This is mostly owed to the region's venerable bureaucrats and their ancient tradition of forms, paperwork, and rigid protocols. While these rigid procedures might have kept this portion of the empire stable in such times, the stress and demands of the imperial seat have caused more tension from the canton's numerous departments, oversight committees, and otherwise. It is unclear how long the cantons will tolerate the idiocy of the rest of the empire, but for now they are keen to maintain order and stability through their numerous ledgers. However, it is unclear what they could accomplish if they applied their skill with the form to the efforts of war...
------
GM will fill these out
Defenses:
Troops:
Resources:
Food:
Technology:
Bonuses
>>
Rolled 49, 63, 71, 56, 96, 22, 49, 15 = 421 (8d100)

>>307797
Everyone knew the empire was dying from the highest of lords to the lowest of slave scum. The Imperial line has grown weak and tainted through inbreeding and had gifted the empire with incompetence and corruption. As a desperate measure the Archmage of the Empire launched a desperate plot to stop the fall of the Empire. Using dark magics and the sacrifice of the last of the inbred imperial line to rip the soul of the First Emperor back for the realm beyond and bind it to a suit of armor so he could once again lead them to glory. The ritual worked perfectly bringing back the First Emperor in new iron-clad form, however this being of iron, blood and magic was not quite the same as the long dead man who had founded the Empire. This creature was utterly detached with once made it human with honor and emotion being replaced by cold calculating cruelty.

---
Troops: 1st Legion [x2] 2nd Legion [x1] Imperator Primus [x5]
Resources: 4[+1/T]
Food: 4[+1/T]
Bonuses
-----
1. Research [Secret Police I]
2. Research [Necromancy II]
3. Research [Construction
4. Raise a new legion [1 Materials]
---
1. Send the Legions lead by Imperator Primus to reinforce Green province
2. Research [Imperial Administration III]
3. Recruit Legions [1 Material]
4. Recruit Legions [1 Material]

>Draw 2 food from Lakesiders
>Draw 1 resource from Lions
>>
File: 0-UrukArmy.jpg (255KB, 1568x648px) Image search: [Google]
0-UrukArmy.jpg
255KB, 1568x648px
Name: Malfactor's Warhost
Fluff:
Centuries ago, the West loomed over the Empire, just as much a threat as the east. It's lands were black and barren, dark dust sweapt over deserts of ash and black sand, as the sky was thick with sulfur and dark clouds. And the land burned. The east had its barbarians, but the west had. . .orcs.

The Dark Lord Mordron ruled atop his tall black castle, where it is said he created the orks from mud, blood and fire. Short ill tempered creatures, with sharp fangs and black eyes. Weaker than men, but twice as bloodthirsty. They had little capacity for love, poetry, or art, but a love of weapons, war machines, and killing. They ate only meat, and hungered for it easily, but they could go three times as long without food and black sludge, and needed no roof over their heads to sleep. For theirs was bred a sole purpose: War.

And yet, as the Dark Lord raised his armies from the orc pits, he left himself a fatal flaw. For he bound all his dark creatures to the a single helm of dark iron. Ere he stood in his castle, the Dark Lord was betrayed, slain by none other than the Sorceror Malefactor Blackheart, Archmage of the Empire, and servant of the First Emperor now reborn.

He has taken control of the Orc War machine, and has bent it to the will of the Empire. He promises the Orcs endless war, meat to kill and feast upon, and bound to the power of the helm, they obey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3bQ7wL1f0o
>>
>>307048
To my ever faithful Legate Leo,
You family has served this great empire for years, when corruption and rot ate away at this empire, you stood strong against it. For this I commend you and from this day forth you shall be named the "Legate of the East" and be given command of all armed forces from the edge of the Pridelands and on. Barbarians threaten at every corner and I wish for you to at this moment ride with me and throw these sand-people back where they came from and defend our provinces.

-Imperator Primus

>Please send troops to defend green, you have been given effective military control over lime green, brown and yellow should they join
>>
Rolled 2, 70, 62, 82 = 216 (4d100)

>>307797
Bonuses

1 - 4: Research metalworking: how to process the ores we mine into metal, and how to forge that metal into weapons, tools and, less importantly, jewellery.

>>308040
While the Lakemen appreciate the persistence of your mercantile proposals and are honoured by your polite and friendly conduct, and have no doubt that your intentions are benevolent, we must reply that we are a largely self-sufficient nation and we have little reliance on other countries or provinces - we defend our land and our land provides for us. In truth, there is little that we require in terms of material goods. In addition, we are a province of the Empire and we are close to the strongly loyalist Lions of the North. It would be politically inconvenient for our relationship with the Emperor and the Lions if we were to supply you with resources or weaponry which might be used in the conquest of nearby Imperial cities. Can you try to understand our situation?

Are the Sha'a white, by the way?
>>
>>310619
My loyal subject it is more efficient to divide your dice into more actions as aggregate rolls. Also in the future the Empire is in great need of foodstocks and your province is ever so lush. While I encourage you to find your own way to benefit the empire the Lion's are sure to help defend you from any invaders.
>>
>>310619
We understand your complicated position. The Sha'a seeks not the destruction of the empire, either, but rather a piece of land to serve as an embassy and future trade port. The Green Imperial city serves this purpose perfectly, being on the coast of small in-land ocean that leads north, towards Sha'a. While we shall initially take these by force, we seek to negotiate with the Empire, and should our relation improve or stabilize, even open trade or offer our services.

And as for your question, it depends. The commonfolk and military class live on the outer circle of their capital, closer to the Atama desert, and have a darker skin tone, a middle-eastern tan. The nobility live closer to the coast, where the sun is less taxing. Due to their strict blood ties and unallowance of marriage to those of low class, they tend to maintain a lighter skin tone. Exceptions also exist, with few people of low class or even nomads living as shepherds deeper into the desert, with a skin colour to match this.
>>
>>310682
I appreciate your concern, but I think it generally best to get one thing done well at a time. I might start dividing my rolls into 1 - 2 and 2 - 4, but using 4 rolls seems risky to me. Of course, this depends on the mechanics set down by OP.

As for our land being lush and verdant, I would think that the routine harvesting and maintenance of our fields would be passive actions by the populace as part of their daily working activities and not require a roll.
>>
>>310794
Tapping into your rivers and lakes by funding fishermen and building fisheries are sure to increase your food stocks to better help our glorious empire feed the may soldiers we will field in the coming day.

Rolls clumped together mechanically usually receive a -10 per dice included or simply taking the best of the group. Either way dividing actions is usually the best way to go though we will have to wait for Lux to clarify.
>>
>>310780
Invaders of the Empire will be met with blood and fire with no quarter given to those who would dare spill the blood of our defenders. If you people would be interested assisting the Empire in a military campaign as to prove their strength and intentions I am sure we could work out this idea of a "Trade Embassy" and place for the Sha'a within the Empire.

-Imperator Primus
>>
>>310804
I understand your proposal is for the good of the Empire, but though we could set up fisheries, it might offend the local shore-people if an excessive amount of fish were taken from the lake making it difficult for them to provide for their families.

To be honest, I've been somewhat muddling through this game's mechanics. I don't want to bother OP by asking too much.
>>
>>310830
[spoilers]If you are having questions jump into the irc https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23Nation&server=irc.mibbit.net OP goes by spacejesus when he is on if you need clarifications[spoilers]
>>
Imperial
Name: Fallen Clouds
Color: Violet
Fluff: Subterfuge and secrecy are sworn responsibilities of every member of Fallen Clouds, the province that is the metaphorical eye on the back of the emperor's head. Two main groups comprise Fallen Clouds society, the rangers and the magi. The rangers are an elite class of some of the empire's most dangerous warriors, utilizing bow, sword, poisons, and stealth to accomplish a variety of missions, ranging from uncovering secrets to quelling insurrections against the emperor before they could gain momentum. The magi are mystical experts of water magic that mainly deal with Fallen Clouds' domestic issues. Most notably, the Fallen Clouds' magi utilize the water of the nearby Lake Goam in order to shroud the entirety of Fallen Clouds territory in a thick fog. Stories abound of unwelcome visitors in Fallen Clouds territory entering the fog and never returning. Currently Fallen Clouds is led by Arch Ranger Jasper, a veteran of over a hundred of the empire's military campaigns. However, in recent history many magi have voiced their outrage of the haggard ranger's leadership, claiming that his policies have favored the rangers much more than the magi.
------
GM will fill these out
Defenses:
Troops:
Resources:
Food:
Technology:
Bonuses
>>
>>308000
1. Battle Magic I
2. You don't find much. Most people have retreated into local forts or the fortified city itself. +1 resource
3-4. The city is invested. No one in, no one out. You suspect they've gotten word of your arrival out to others given what you've gleaned from some scouts. Given the size and quality of the city proper you expect it'll take until next winter before it falls.

>>308038
1. Some drakes take to it better than others. You've made considerable progress on it though. Resource: Sand Drakes 3/4
2. Your scouts are run off before they can find out much about the independent town. It appears to be a small port town with little ambition or strength to it.
3. The distance is great so your raiders didn't capture much to bring back. +1 resource
4. There are some camels out here in this desert that seem useful. Lots of goats too.

>>308370
1. Progress is made on copying some Imperial equipment. Equipment I 2/4
2. The army moves much smoother this time around but it is hard going over rough terrain. Arrival: Summer Y3
3-4. Some caravan routes are found that seem to avoid the worst of the sand storms. This information will be much appreciated by the capitol and your standing with them improves somewhat.

>>309308
Defenses: 2 [x1]
Food: 3
Technology: Construction I, Agriculture I, Army I, Ships I
Buildings: Small Port
Bonuses
1. Imperial Bureaucracy - The Empire more or less runs off of the Cantons, and if they run the books all over it makes it all the easier to cook said books. You can take up to half of the Emperor's Imperial Administration tech level taxes from other provinces - including the Emperor.
2. Division of Labor - The Cantons can gain a single +20 to any one d100 roll a season.
3. Pacifistic - The Cantons generally do not run their own military. As the administrative arm of the country the military matters have largely been delegated down to others and manpower is difficult to come back in the home province. Recruitment is more difficult.

>>309322
1. Secret Police I 1/4
2. The Dark Art of Necromancy gains eager followers, be they toadies for the Emperor seeking status or true believers it is hard to tell. Still, they serve - either as experiments or experimenters. Necromancy II 2/8
3. Work on shoring up stone with a ground up glue and dirt paste seems to be catching on. Construction II 2/8
4. A new legion is recruited from the ranks of the dead and deceased. While lack-luster in quality in comparison to some of the more eager living recruits these at least won't run away at the sight of a barbarian. 1 [x1]
5. The legions make excellent time, and are projected to arrive by winter.
6. Bureaucrats seem usually resistant to change and this is no exception. With the Emperor gone they outright refuse any reforms.
7. With the Emperor gone the usual conscripts are shoved into ranks. 1 [x1]
8. But that seems to be enough to keep men away from taverns and saloons where the pressgangers usually hide.
>>
File: FallenCloudsRanger.jpg (8KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
FallenCloudsRanger.jpg
8KB, 236x333px
>>311274
>Sorry didn't see purple was taken
Switch to brown, and instead of a nearby lake the water mages keep the fog going by funneling water from the oceans
>>
No map as there are no changes to be made this turn. It is now Winter Y3. Subtract upkeeps. For players starting this turn you are exempt from upkeep until Winter Y4.

>>309389
Defenses:
Troops: 1 [x2] 1 [x1]
Food: 2
Technology: Army II, Construction I
Bonuses
War-Machine - You receive +15 to recruitment rolls.
Brutality - You receive +5 to combat rolls to be divided among units as you see fit in sieges, and receive additional goods when raiding.
Monsters - Despite being claimed by the Arch-wizard few can forget the bloody raids by Orcs on Imperial Lands, and the move to include them into the province proper was even more unpopular than the Wizard bringing back the dead Emperor. People do not like the Orcs and they do not like you.

>>310619
Imperial Tax collectors have come and taken [2] food from local presants! Anger and resentment rises and demands are made for compensation by local Freemen who feel robbed by the Emperor when they are already struggling to defend themselves without Imperial assistance!
1-4. A series of forges and workshops are built in the cities to make use of all this raw material. Add section: Buildings: Forges [x1] - Provide +1 resource every Season

>>311274
Defenses: 1 [x3]
Troops: 3 [x1]
Food: 4
Technology: Army I, Water Magic I, Construction I
Bonuses
Woodwalkers - The Rangers are adept at homeland security. You receive +5 to tactics rolls to defending your home province, and +2 within Imperial borders.
Hydromancers - The Fallen Clouds are one of the only places in the Empire in which magic is studied and it is jealously guarded. You receive +10 to magical research and magic project rolls.
Secluded - The Fallen Clouds are insular and dislike outsiders. Imperial Armies moving through your territory may find welcome in short supply.
>>
Rolled 84, 74, 59, 79 = 296 (4d100)

>>311315
Defenses:
Food: 9
Technology: Army III (Iv 3/12), Agriculture I, Battlemagic I
Bonuses
1. Continue to Raid the area for more food and resources.
2.The shamans are given two tasks. Firstly to improve the weapons and armor of the Sunniri warriors.
3.The second Tasks is to develop better tactics for sieging Imperial cities and sieges.
4.The Sunniri put more pressure onto the city, with liberal application of fire arrows.
>>
File: chaos_knight_by_yenin-d7eyrus.jpg (119KB, 780x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_knight_by_yenin-d7eyrus.jpg
119KB, 780x1024px
>>309389
My Loyal Archmage I require the information you have derived from the training of the orcish brutes, their skills are sure to be of great use to us. I will also be sending you the latest acquired information on my resurrection.
-Imperator Primus
>>
Rolled 19, 23, 4, 61 = 107 (4d100)

>>311315
Defenses:
Resources: 6
Food: 6
Bonuses

1. Continue taming the sand drakes 3/4 +15
2. Begin taming the camels for mounts. +15
3. Begin taming the goats as a food source.
4. Send some raiders to take food from the countryside surrounding the port town.
>>
Rolled 22, 89, 18, 54 = 183 (4d100)

>>311315

---
Troops: 1st Legion [x2] 2nd Legion [x1] 3rd Legion [x1] 4th Legion [x1] Imperator Primus [x5]
Food: 6[+1/T]
Bonuses
-----
1. Research [Secret Police] 3/4
2. Research [Construction] 4/8
3. Have the Undead Legions help with agriculture work to boost food production they are tireless so they should be able to help increase production immensely
4. Trade [Necromancy I] to Malfactor’s Warhost for [Army II]

>Draw 2 food from Lakesiders
>>
Rolled 83, 4, 78, 39 = 204 (4d100)

Name: The Cantons of Paper
Color: Pink
Fluff: The Cantons of Paper -- which is really more of a nickname used derisively by outsiders -- is one of the less stressed areas of the empire. Here civil services are distributed, taxes are collected, and the general order of life has continued without so much an issue as the more distant regions. This is mostly owed to the region's venerable bureaucrats and their ancient tradition of forms, paperwork, and rigid protocols. While these rigid procedures might have kept this portion of the empire stable in such times, the stress and demands of the imperial seat have caused more tension from the canton's numerous departments, oversight committees, and otherwise. It is unclear how long the cantons will tolerate the idiocy of the rest of the empire, but for now they are keen to maintain order and stability through their numerous ledgers. However, it is unclear what they could accomplish if they applied their skill with the form to the efforts of war...
Defenses: 2 [x1]
Bonuses
1. Imperial Bureaucracy - The Empire more or less runs off of the Cantons, and if they run the books all over it makes it all the easier to cook said books. You can take up to half of the Emperor's Imperial Administration tech level taxes from other provinces - including the Emperor.
2. Division of Labor - The Cantons can gain a single +20 to any one d100 roll a season.
3. Pacifistic - The Cantons generally do not run their own military. As the administrative arm of the country the military matters have largely been delegated down to others and manpower is difficult to come back in the home province. Recruitment is more difficult.

---Actions---
1. Bring me the form I need to develop the trading infrastructure. [Port for money]
2. Bring me the form I need to expand our available resources. Timber and iron seem like good things to locate. [Resources]
3. Bring me the form I need to develop the infrastructure base. Roads seem good. [infrastructure: roads]
4. Bring me the form I need to bring the local cartels and businesses together into a bureaucratic-corporate military apparatus that is private while still accountable to the canton bureaucracy. It will be a combination of private military forces, canton military forces, mercenaries, prisoners, and so on. [Cartel military + 20]
>>
File: Slaughter_House.jpg (13KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughter_House.jpg
13KB, 170x170px
Rolled 87, 82, 52, 77 = 298 (4d100)

Fluff:
Centuries ago, the West loomed over the Empire, just as much a threat as the east. It's lands were black and barren, dark dust sweapt over deserts of ash and black sand, as the sky was thick with sulfur and dark clouds. And the land burned. The east had its barbarians, but the west had. . .orcs.

The Dark Lord Mordron ruled atop his tall black castle, where it is said he created the orks from mud, blood and fire. Short ill tempered creatures, with sharp fangs and black eyes. Weaker than men, but twice as bloodthirsty. They had little capacity for love, poetry, or art, but a love of weapons, war machines, and killing. They ate only meat, and hungered for it easily, but they could go three times as long without food and black sludge, and needed no roof over their heads to sleep. For theirs was bred a sole purpose: War.

And yet, as the Dark Lord raised his armies from the orc pits, he left himself a fatal flaw. For he bound all his dark creatures to the a single helm of dark iron. Ere he stood in his castle, the Dark Lord was betrayed, slain by none other than the Sorceror Malefactor Blackheart, Archmage of the Empire, and servant of the First Emperor now reborn.

He has taken control of the Orc War machine, and has bent it to the will of the Empire. He promises the Orcs endless war, meat to kill and feast upon, and bound to the power of the helm, they obey.

Defenses:
Bonuses
Brutality - You receive +5 to combat rolls to be divided among units as you see fit in sieges, and receive additional goods when raiding.
Monsters - Despite being claimed by the Arch-wizard few can forget the bloody raids by Orcs on Imperial Lands, and the move to include them into the province proper was even more unpopular than the Wizard bringing back the dead Emperor. People do not like the Orcs and they do not like you.

1. Offer my Lord the military organization I have aquired from Mordron
>Trade Army II to The First Emperor

2. Orcs may need little food, but food they still need. The Dark Lord had solved this issue by creating vast and giant beasts that could live on the barren soil, which he took into great slaughterhouses.

We shall find and domesticate them again.

3. The Dark Lord realized that his army required resources and metals to arm themselves. Such that he created great Lava Forgers near the volcano's of the realm.

Find and restore them to function.

>Research Lava Forge

4. The great fields lay buried with ancient scrap and weapons of old battlefields. The Dark Lord supplemented his forces with these through scavenging, to reduce the cost of new weapons

>Research Scavenging to reduce resource consumption during army creation
>>
File: Watermage.jpg (371KB, 743x961px) Image search: [Google]
Watermage.jpg
371KB, 743x961px
Rolled 81, 35, 10, 57 = 183 (4d100)

>>311375
Color: Brown
Fluff: Subterfuge and secrecy are sworn responsibilities of every member of Fallen Clouds, the province that is the metaphorical eye on the back of the emperor's head. Two main groups comprise Fallen Clouds society, the rangers and the magi. The rangers are an elite class of some of the empire's most dangerous warriors, utilizing bow, sword, poisons, and stealth to accomplish a variety of missions, ranging from uncovering secrets to quelling insurrections against the emperor before they could gain momentum. The magi are mystical experts of water magic that mainly deal with Fallen Clouds' domestic issues. Most notably, the Fallen Clouds' magi utilize the water of the nearby sea in order to shroud the entirety of Fallen Clouds territory in a thick fog. Stories abound of unwelcome visitors in Fallen Clouds territory entering the fog and never returning. Currently Fallen Clouds is led by Arch Ranger Jasper, a veteran of over a hundred of the empire's military campaigns. However, in recent history many magi have voiced their outrage of the haggard ranger's leadership, claiming that his policies have favored the rangers much more than the magi.
------
GM will fill these out
Food: 4
Technology:
+[Army I]
+[Water Magic I]
+[Construction I]
Bonuses:
+[Woodwalkers] The Rangers are adept at homeland security. You receive +5 to tactics rolls to defending your home province, and +2 within Imperial borders.
+[Hydromancers] The Fallen Clouds are one of the only places in the Empire in which magic is studied and it is jealously guarded. You receive +10 to magical research and magic project rolls.
Detriments:
-[Secluded] The Fallen Clouds are insular and dislike outsiders. Imperial Armies moving through your territory may find welcome in short supply.

1. Water is the essence of life, especially when it comes to plants. I order a number of the hydromancers to research how to magically manipulate the water of our fields in order to speed up the time it takes our crops to ripen.
>Research Magical Agriculture I
>+[Hydromancers] +10
>+[Water Magic I]

2. And on that note, I'll set the plowmen to expand the fields.
>More Farms
>+[Construction I]

3. The summoning of mythical beasts to supplement the might of the rangers in our army would be a great asset. A sect of the hydromancers will begin researching this interesting concept.
>Research Summoning I
>+[Hydromancers] +10

4. And with all this research going on, an Academy where the hydromancers could congregate wouldn't be a bad idea.
>Build an Academy, providing bonuses to research.
>+[Construction I]
>>
>>311375
Troops: 7 [x1]
Bonuses
>Buildings: Forges [x1] - Provide +1 resource every Season

1 - 4: Dig fortification trenches and build fortification walls. If possible, let's use our new iron tools to speed up work.

>>312719
It has come to my attention that you have enacted a tax upon the Lakemen without discussing it with me. While I do not object to supplying reasonable taxes to the Empire to support the defence of all the provinces within it, I must protest that surprise taxes have caused unrest amongst my subjects. While we will agree to pay a reasonable food tax for just purposes, I request that any new taxes be formally registered with me for discussion before enactment and that any food taxed from the Lakemen be used for just, productive purposes and not to spread the tables of useless gentry in the capital or anywhere else.
>>
>>313933
That statblock should say Resources: 7, not Troops: 7.
>>
>>311394
1. The Sunniri raiders return with +1 food and +1 resource from their raids.
2. The Shaman look into improving their equipment. Generally they do this by tasking women and children to bend links for maile and by looking to Imperial weapons for new ideas. Equipment I 1/4
3. Practical experience helps somewhat. Siegecraft I 1/4
4. The first week into the siege several birds are spotted flying in and out of the city. Several are shot down, but a few make it through. A few days after the reply birds fly in a flag of truce is flown over the city gate. They want a Parlay.

>>311939
1. There's a steady number of tamed Sand Drakes that can be used as unique mounts or units. Resource Sand Drakes: 2
2. Camels are stubborn and temperamental and don't like being ridden, but seem to be led along easily enough for pack purposes. 1/4
3. You hunt them easily enough but they turn out to be more difficult to catch than you thought.
4. Some raiders come back with cattle and chickens taken from local farms. Some don't come back at all. +1 food

>>312719
1. There seems to be a split in the ranks over purpose and methodology.
2. Good progress is made on the application of mortar to surfaces, and the number and pattern in which they should be stacked for maximum durability. Construction II 7/8
3. The farmers actively revolt against the introduction of the undead. The skeletons, under orders not to harm people but to farm, put up no resistance as they are smashed by angry farmers and townsfolk. Apply [W] tag to one unit.
4. Trade successful.
Imperial tax collectors report violent reactions to their attempted food tax. While they've met quotas, you are short on tax collectors and the Canton of Taxes is unhappy over inadequate protection. Some sort of example should be made, they say.

>>312769
Traders selling new items from the East have arrived with dire news. The City-State of Lushan, and a significant part of the Raji Dominions has fallen to some invading force.
1. Expansion of the port requires better knowledge of ships and procedures first. Ships II 3/8
2. A shortage in manpower comes thanks to the deaths of many at the hands of angry Lakemen, and there is too much difficulty in finding replacements for this task.
3. Rebuilding the roads is an arduous task, but it is underway. Roads [x1] 1/3 -1 resource
4. Only by drawing precious manpower from many cantons is this even put into action, and so the Empire suffers but the Cantaon profit. 1/4

>>312975
Revise Food [+1/T]
1. Trade successful
2. Agriculture I 2/4
3. Forge 1/3
4. Scavenging I 2/4

>>313415
Revise Food [+1/T]
1. The task presented is complex but through effort it achieves sizable progress. Magical Agriculture I 3/4
2. Construction and population of new farms begins. 1/2
3. The hydromancers are busy on the magical agriculture and have no time for this secondary task it seems.
4. A small school for Hydromancy is underway, but larger buildings require ever better construction methods. School 1/2
>>
>>318672
>>313933
Another tax levied on the Lakesiders has caused some of the more outlying towns to actively revolt and kill their tax collectors. Cries of "No Taxation Without Representation" have spread like wildfire through the territory - dueled by the deployment of so many freemen from their homes and farms to fight the Emperor's war. While this revolt seems to have no problems for the king and the local government it is sure to cause issues with the Emperor.

1-4. You forgot your dice m8y.
>>
>>318677
A ghostly apparition of the Imperator Primus appears in front of the King of the Lakesiders.

"My Loyal King, it has come to my ears that within your borders you have allowed the murder of Imperial tax collectors for taking food needed to feed the legions which protect our glorious empire. I will give you this one chance to rectify this. An example must be made of these rebels and if you do not do, I will and you do not want that. Your people have been allowed more freedoms then any others in the Empire, if you wish to continue as thus, deal with it. On a less dire note I shall be sending several legions to help defend you against any barbarian incursions."
>>
File: 4486102-9557057777-vlcsn (1).png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4486102-9557057777-vlcsn (1).png
1MB, 1280x720px
Rolled 93, 48, 72, 69 = 282 (4d100)

Fluff:

Defenses:
Bonuses

1. The Dark Lord Mordron designed the Orcs in such a way that they were to be used in vast, unimaginable numbers. This left little for much training or armaments, but gave him the hordes he sought.

>Research Training Quotas. By limiting the amount of training and strength of units to low (i.e. 1-3) but creatining minimum quotas of orcs to be trained, we can produce more of those units in a faster amount of time through mass mobilization. >Instead of one [x5] unit, make five [x1] units

2. Continue to develop the slaughterhouses

>Agricultura I 2/4

3. The Lava Forges are being built 1/3

4. The scavenged armor is excavated 2/4
>>
>>318672
Alaric Thunderscar rides with an honor guard to speak with the Ibellicans. A tall man with a massive warhammer on his back. He is one of the most renowned war leaders of the Sunniri and speaks for the Forsaken King.
"You wanted to talk Ibellican, so talk."
>>
>>318812
Correction:
Food [3] +1/turn
>>
>>318829
The man bows low in respect. "We know not who you are, Sunniri, but we know that you cannot be worse than he who rules us. The Empire is controlled by the resurrected spirit of the First Emperor. The dread lord who rules us now is cruel and raises the dead. He has forsaken the Gods, as has the Administration ruled by him. Orcs run rampant through the North under the will of his necromancer servant and the Provinces are confused and frightened. Many of our cities no longer desire to serve under his evil rule. If you would treat with us, and treat us well and return this unholy being to the grace we would welcome and work with you. The Empire is full of those like us, those who work against the dread lord - but we are weak and divided and at risk from his eyes and ears. Will you accept our parlay? Spare us and the province and we will work with you to bring this wicked Empire down and free its people from the Dark One."
>>
>>318864
Alaric stops and considers. No one had seen this coming, not even the most blessed shaman. After considering for a time he spoke.

"If what you speak is true, we will accept your surrender. Open your gates, and drop your arms. You will serve the will of the Forsaken King and the Sunniri people. You will lie down your arms and not pick them up until we can trust you. In exchange you will shed the yolk of your corpse emperor, and you have the Sunniri standing ready to defend you. Play us false, and this city, and everything in it will be destroyed. These are the terms. Harsh, but fair. We will seal this pact in blood."Alaric draws a knife in one hand and places his other hand next to it, "Agreed?"
>>
File: Weber Quote.jpg (89KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Weber Quote.jpg
89KB, 850x400px
Rolled 93, 95, 47, 10 = 245 (4d100)

Defenses: 2 Canton Garrison Platoons [x1]
Troops: 2 Canton Militia Platoons [x1]
Resources: 1
Bonuses

---
Actions
---
1. Continue working on the ships. Assign a committee. [Ships II: 3/8]
2. Deploy what legal-bureaucratic power we have to suppress the Lakesider insurrection. While we do not have so much power beyond the cantons, the webs of bureaucracy through the empire are a common language and feeling. All bureaucrats are brothers, and all police are bureaucracies -- as are corporations. Bring any local corporations onboard to defend their property rights along with any groups that might be controllable or coercable. [Deploy bureaucratic power to suppress the insurrection]
3. Bring me the form to continue the production of the roads. [Roads: 1/3 {1x}]
4. Bring me the form I need to continue the private-public military apparatus development. Spare no expense and request assistance from the emperor. [Bureaucratic Armies: 1/4] {+20}
>>
too late to bump?
>>
Rolled 23, 77, 99, 84 = 283 (4d100)

>>318672

---
Troops: 1st Legion [x2] 2nd Legion [x1] 3rd Legion [x1] 4th Legion [x1] Imperator Primus [x5]
Food: 9[+1/T]
Technology: Imperial Administration II Construction I Necromancy I Army II
Bonuses
-----
1. Research [Secret Police] 3/4
2. Research [Construction] 7/8
3. Retrofit the Legions with [Army II]
4. Send Legions 3 and 4 to Lakesider province
>>
Rolled 13, 82, 86, 9 = 190 (4d100)

>>318672
Defenses:
Resources: 6
+Sand Drakes: 2
Food: 6
Bonuses

1. Begin training some of the Sand Drakes as war mounts. (recruit sand drake riders) +5
2. Continue taming camels 1/4 +15
3. Continue trying to tame goats.
4. Look for more beasts to tame.
>>
File: Hydromancer.jpg (219KB, 963x700px) Image search: [Google]
Hydromancer.jpg
219KB, 963x700px
>>318672
Color: Brown
Fluff: Subterfuge and secrecy are sworn responsibilities of every member of Fallen Clouds, the province that is the metaphorical eye on the back of the emperor's head. Two main groups comprise Fallen Clouds society, the rangers and the magi. The rangers are an elite class of some of the empire's most dangerous warriors, utilizing bow, sword, poisons, and stealth to accomplish a variety of missions, ranging from uncovering secrets to quelling insurrections against the emperor before they could gain momentum. The magi are mystical experts of water magic that mainly deal with Fallen Clouds' domestic issues. Most notably, the Fallen Clouds' magi utilize the water of the nearby sea in order to shroud the entirety of Fallen Clouds territory in a thick fog. Stories abound of unwelcome visitors in Fallen Clouds territory entering the fog and never returning. Currently Fallen Clouds is led by Arch Ranger Jasper, a veteran of over a hundred of the empire's military campaigns. However, in recent history many magi have voiced their outrage of the haggard ranger's leadership, claiming that his policies have favored the rangers much more than the magi.
------
GM will fill these out
Food: 5 [+1/T]
Technology:
+[Army I]
+[Water Magic I]
+[Construction I]
Bonuses:
+[Woodwalkers] The Rangers are adept at homeland security. You receive +5 to tactics rolls to defending your home province, and +2 within Imperial borders.
+[Hydromancers] The Fallen Clouds are one of the only places in the Empire in which magic is studied and it is jealously guarded. You receive +10 to magical research and magic project rolls.
Detriments:
-[Secluded] The Fallen Clouds are insular and dislike outsiders. Imperial Armies moving through your territory may find welcome in short supply.

1. The hydromancers, near completed in their magical agriculture task, record and refine their new spells.
>Magical Agriculture I 3/4
>+[Hydromancers] +10
>+[Water Magic I]

2. Farm expansion is also completed.
>1/2
>+[Construction I]

3. The school for Hydromancy is erected.
>1/2
>+[Construction I]

4. Great understanding of summoning is pursued as hydromancers are freed from the Magical Agriculture research.
>Research Summoning I
>+[Hydromancers] +10
>>
Rolled 38, 73, 55, 41 = 207 (4d100)

>>326305
oops
>>
File: AGENDA.png (524KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
AGENDA.png
524KB, 500x703px
>>306420
Name: Krathtor & Johnson Proactive Realtors
Color: Whatever hasn't been taken
Fluff: Krathtor the Brutalitarian lead a horde of barbarians seeking Gold and Glory in the rubble of the Empire. Howard Johnson lead a company of businessmen seeking Profit and Glory in the crashing markets of the Empire.

They came to an agreement after several rounds of alcohol and the odd magically binding contract.
>>
Rolled 8, 15, 3, 87 = 113 (4d100)

>>318677
Here's my dice for last round. I thought that this game was dead.
>>
Rolled 25, 25, 45, 39 = 134 (4d100)

>>326554
1 - 2: Create a system of beacons to warn of invasion attempts.

2 - 4: Provide a larger vegetable harvest by encouraging farmers to use guano, lake weed and crushed fish bones to fertilise their fields. Export our food tax as pickles in cider vinegar and malt vinegar, which will not rot on the journey.

>>318733
I wasn't aware that we were supplying men to the Emperor. I demand that this do not continue - we are paying your food tax which should exempt my subjects from fighting on foriegn fronts. That said, second sons who have not inherited land might see a voluntary future for themselves in the military if they could be assured of reasonable pay and decent living conditions.

As for the criminals you speak of, I do not condone their actions. That said, the dsturbances appear to have been driven by a populist stigma engendered by imperial tax policy. I have delegated the issue to the mayors of the towns in which the disturbances occured with the instruction to take just measures. However, none of the criminals have yet turned themselves in to receive justice, which has left us at an impasse. Locating the criminals will most likely be impossible and therefore a waste of time and money which could be benefitting our community and the other provinces of your empire.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.