[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: obvst_image05.jpg (87KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
obvst_image05.jpg
87KB, 800x504px
We'll be starting at an ancient level, but not the mud and sticks sort of thing a lot of civs start with. This will be rather small scale, focused on the people. With that done, first three votes for our race, first three for our ''place'' (Are we starting in a city state, a small trading settlement, a tribal village?)
>>
Tribal village
>>
File: 1440970315995.png (6MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1440970315995.png
6MB, 1500x6400px
There are plenty of charts around, but for new people, pic related.
>>
>>305608
Undead tribal village
>>
Goblins as race
>>
Humans, or undead who are literally just normal intelligent people who happen to be dead from, say, stab wounds and don't decay.

Floating islands
>>
Human trading settlement
>>
A bunch of Demonic cultists the size of a tribal village in some ruins
>>
>>305608
Human beach settlement
>>
>>305608
Kobold as race. Tribal village as location.
>>
Really? You guys have all these species to choose from, and you pick humans, the most boring species?
>>
Where are the creative people.
Find some interesting combination
>>
human plains
>>
>>305732
change plains to hell
>>
>>305737
How about islands guys? Get like an Aztec demon killing city going on
>>
File: isis-flag.png (393KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
isis-flag.png
393KB, 2048x1536px
I realize you guys seem set on a vote, but may I persuade you to vote ents?

>>305767

Might go good with this. Pic related.
>>
>>305725
>>305737
>>305767
>>305783

Here you go.
>>
File: elephant_seal.jpg (135KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
elephant_seal.jpg
135KB, 800x532px
Other ideas of mine include:

1. Trading naked mole rat scaven in the desert.

and

2. Tribal aquatic loxo. Pic related.

Original enough?
>>
>>305796
Your first idea sounds so fun
>>
>>305796
Trading jew insect in the desert that pickpockets trade caravans only to resell them to the same caravan in an oasis at a significantly higher price
>>
>>305818
Change insect to serpentfolk actually
>>
>>305796
>>305812

Guys, lets just go with this and get the game rolling.
>>
We voted for humans so let's play humans.
>>
>>305796
Desert skaven sound good
>>
>>305796
>>305812
>>305881

Lets go OP.

>>305867

Boring.
>>
Desert Skaven it is.
>>
File: canticle.jpg (315KB, 900x1238px) Image search: [Google]
canticle.jpg
315KB, 900x1238px
The winds blow, and the sand swirls. The great fire in the mother's chamber burns bright and hot, the light of it shining brightly onto the hoard of the tribe. Shining trinkets, silver coins and a scant few tools of metal. The tribe shaman circles the fire, talking of the trade expeditions he took in his youth.

"When I was a whelp, my children, we traveled the world. I have seen the great pillars of the sky, held aloft by Heral, as those in the north call him, I have seen the silver mines beyond that. I have seen the great serpents of Mor, and the tribes of slave-people that work under them. Children, I have traveled the great desert, and seen the rivers of gold beyond. This world is ripe, dear children, all you must do is pluck the fruit"

The mother stirs, and the tribe kneels before her in the chamber. The shaman converses with her, and the great tribe is cowed by his words.

"The tribe bloats. I have taught you all of the old ways, and you all know that this cannot continue. We must split the tribes. The line of Agamen the Goldtail is yet strong, but it now must split in two. The mother, blessed be, gives this new tribe her youngest daughter to be their mother, and will grant a third of the hoard to the tribe, should they wish to take it."

And so it is. The tribe of three hundred Agamites (Descendants of your clan's patriarch) must split, and a third of the tribe shall leave, one hundred of your people, with 300 Denari (Silver Coins), and enough food to survive a week in the desert, will travel far away and set out a new nest, a new warren in which their mother shall grow.

Your people pack their things.

Who, of this ancient and noble clan, shall go to set their roots anew?

>The Intrepid?
>The Warlike?
>The Pious?
>[Write in?]
>>
>>305949
>The intrepid
>>
>>305949

Pious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fehLYL4CCs
>>
Pious
>>
>>305949
>The Pious?
>>
>the pious
>>
>>306017
>>305992
>>305976
>>305965
>The Pious

Writing.
>>
We should name our tribe as the Skigger Tribe, a combination of Skaven and Nigger.
We're the niggers of Skavens (even though we're white because hairless) because we live in the desert
>>
>>306059
Don't know about the logic behind the name, but Skigger sounds like an okay name for a bunch of sand rats. Sounds vaguely unpleasant and scratchy, but also like something tenacious and tough to get rid of. Excellent for determined super-vermin.
>>
>>306083
Sounds suspiciously similar to niggers in today's society
>>
File: 4969858-desert.jpg (119KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
4969858-desert.jpg
119KB, 1024x576px
>>306030
The sound of choral singing and beating drums hallow the march of the new tribe, a hundred feet skittering through the sand in a column, darting between patches of shade and burrowing into the sands in the hottest hours of the day. The great dunes are marked by the shining sun, and the tribe is awash in white robes. There are no children among you, and the only one of you capable of producing new Agamites is the Princess, who travels in a raised sedan chair, borne by a few honoured monks. The tribe is headed by a single figure, named Gaeral, an honoured servant to the ancestors, favoured by the venerated spirit of Agamen. His hands heal those that are injured on the trail, and his inquisitive mind directs the column. Soon you shall settle, but where?

>In the north, where the Pillars of Heral meet the sea, a land untamed by your folk?
>In the south, where the desert intensifies, and where rivers of gold are supposed to flow?
>In the east, where the great river flows, on which the humans grow?
>[Write in?]
>>
>>306059
Why don't we not do that?
>>
>>306104
>In the south, where the desert intensifies, and where rivers of gold are supposed to flow?
>>
>>306104
South. No point setting up a desert race just to move out of the desert.
>>
File: ff_fortress15.jpg (74KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
ff_fortress15.jpg
74KB, 1000x700px
>>306115
>>306119
The trek south is monotonous and tiring, even under the eyes of the gods, even as the column sings, the heat is intense. The sun beats down on your flesh in the day, and in the night it only worsens, with the cold claiming a few of the tribe even as the heat boils away at blood in the day. The people are desperate for a home, and fortunately, providence strikes. The Oasis is found. A great water spring, flowing out from a rocky crag. Your people dig into the crag, burrowing out a long tunnel down into a central chamber. A fire pit is dug into the heart chamber floor, and the Princess is set to rest besides the roaring flame, along with the horde. More chambers are dug for sleeping, and for prayer.

Ninety of you remain, and the Princess will soon be pregnant with the first litter. How does the tribe feed itself?
>>
>>306183
Hunting desert critters and checking if the soil in the oasis is fertile
>>
>>306183

Send a digging squad to start our underground network, looking for tubers.
>>
>>306183
Check viability of the soil for crops and start trying to hunt whatever's around
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.