[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1441911415229.png (6MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1441911415229.png
6MB, 2300x6400px
First three votes for a race, first three for a place.
>>
>>305432
Gnolls in plains. (Imaginative I know.)
>>
>>305432
Insects underground
>>
>>305432
Homunculi
Floating islands
>>
>>305464
Voting this
>>
Insects in ruins
>>
>>305432
Either Orcs, Giants or Unseen

As for the place; Islands or Forest
>>
>>305464
>>305480
>>305504
Looks like insects wins
>>
Slime in ruins
>>
Ruins seem fine.

And you know what bugs me? Our low ranged. Let's evolve like, hydralisk spines or something.
>>
>>305518
>>305504
>>305464
>>305530
Insects in underground ruins here we go
>>
Let's just start this underground bug fest already.
>>305432
Come on, OP. Let's do stuff.
>>
I can write a first post if OP doesn't return soon. Would you want that? It probably wouldn't be themed in a traditional 'mindless bugs eat everything' style, though.
>>
>>305614
Sure, be a nice departure from the norm
>>
>>305614
It hasn't been that long, let's give him time
>>
>>305614
Let's give OP some time.
While waiting for OP, let's discuss what kind of civs the bugs you envision them to be.
Are they going to be more like ants where the colony works to support a single 'Queen' or 'Broodmother'?
>>
>>305658
I would prefer a less centralised civilisation that sticks together to protect themselves and their own eggs from threats.

What kind of civ would you like?
>>
The queen skittered gently, chitinous tapping echoing throughout the small, ruined cellar. She was so tired, so very tired now. The master was gone, and without him life was so tiring. She had laid her clutch, and her sorrow was only held away by the knowledge that they would soon wake, they would soon hatch. The noises from above were louder now, the master could not keep them away now he was gone. The house was getting dusty, the food was rotting, and the wood was decaying.

The clutch needed food, and they needed safety. With her last energy, she lifted the small grate in the floor, bundling the eggs into the piping below. Perhaps they would be safer there. She curled herself up in the stairway, hoping to keep the noises from outside from reaching her clutch too quickly.

The eggs hatch later on, deep in the sewer, in the darkness of the tunnels. Twenty four eggs. Twenty workers, 1 Antlion, 1 Princess. The Princess leads, and she hungers. The clutch burrow into a cavern in the wall, about ten or twelve feet deep, and make it into their home, gathering up rotting wood and refuse to make the Princess more comfortable. The Antlion is a soldier, and he marches up and down the sewer tunnel, scaring off rats and slashing at the occasional one to carry it to the princess in his mandibles.

The small tunnel is lit by a firelight from above, the grate is coated in ash, and the sounds of bustling life fill the area.

The tunnel goes outwards into a larger sewer, filled in the centre with a long pool of water.

Your clutch is made up of large ant-like creatures at current, but their general attitude is indeterminate. You may make changes, and the clutch will change to fit what you guys want them to be, if you want hive-mind, we can do it, if you want individual minds, then fine.

>What do you do?
>>
>>305677
Some sort of parasite that can control it's host. The parasite communicates telepathically and has an entire monster ant colony enslaved by controlling it's queen.
Different species of insects are also under the parasite's control through preying upon an infected ant.
Smarter races are unable to be mind controlled if they are sentient.
Think of it as the illuminati controlling world governments to do its bidding.
This time it's a single race controlling lots of different insect species
>>
>>305719
Right, no thanks. I'm not managing that.
>>
>>305713
>Go look for food.
>>
>>305713
>Search for food.
>>
>>305713

I'm thinking a hive mind made out of individuals. A vast collective of minds connected, but most simply rest in the collectiveness and perform their tasks as laid down from others. Being actively an individual is hard, a task performed by leaders because they have to, the hive needs adaptability, even though being a slave to the hive mind is just so nice and easy and restful. Being a slave to the hive mind is a wonderful sleep, but one must sometimes awaken to serve.
>>
>>305941
This sounds best desu. Gives a solid reason to uplift individuals into relevance while still allowing for lots of nameless cannonfodder and workers.

Search for food and start working on getting some rudimentary tools. I say we make these fuckers mean and smart.
>>
>>305960
Aw, let's not be mean. I don't mind smart, but why mean?
>>
>>306031
I was just thinking that given the circumstances, we'd be pretty upset about the whole "born in a sewer because people are assholes and our dying mother loved us" thing, but I forgot that we don't know of of that, being newborns. Just smart then. Could be fun to be a friendly bunch of horrific sapient insects.
>>
>>306058
Do we even know about the above world? And aren't we like, rat sized? So we really aren't playing on the same world as humans.
>>
>>306070
How big actually are we OP? I was imagining mid-sized dogs. But yeah, if we don't know anything then friendly sounds like an alright default.
>>
>>305713
What do we eat?
>>
>>307157
Rats, evidently.
>>
>>307157
Niggers
>>
>>305719
>feed princess until she can make eggs
>>
>>305713
Alright. For our extreme versatility, lets go with hairs or spines we can fire from ours bodies. Get some ranged in there, y'know? Also, we should hive-mind like >>305941 suggested
>>
Ah.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.