[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giant Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: manlets.jpg (107KB, 590x788px) Image search: [Google]
manlets.jpg
107KB, 590x788px
It is the year 225AC in the lands beyond the Wall, though this isn't something on your mind. No, as a young giant, you are more concerned with hunting and possibly finding a wife. Adventure is another motivation for you, the allure of plunder and booty calling to most men of your age.

Choose One
>Strength: You are an especially strong giant, more even than the freakish strength of your kind
>Intelligence: Most giants aren't the brightest, but you are a rare genius, close to a human.
>Speed: Speed isn't typically a trait associated with giants, but you have always been much quicker than your lumbering fellows.

Choose a Name

Posting the thread now, and will count votes in the morning. Let me know if you guys have any questions. This takes place in the GoT universe, about 75 years before the main books, during the reign of Maekar Targaryen
>>
speed
>>
>>304938
>Intelligence: Most giants aren't the brightest, but you are a rare genius, close to a human.
>>
Intelligence
>>
Wait is this a giant civ quest, or do we just control the hero?
>>
INTELLIGENCE

>we BFG now
>>
I know intelligence is gonna win out no matter what, but I'm voting Speed because I wanna see the small humans reactions.
>>
speed
>>
>>305050
hero

there isn't really a giant civilization, mostly family groups or the occasional warband
>>
Intelligence

It would be amusing to see a giant dbz speed everywhere but we gotta be smarts
>>
>>304938
I suppose the name has to be a bunch of single syllable words?
>>
Tak Ag Um Sha Tak for a name?
(I'm new to this, how do you link posts?)
>>

We're a giant. Strength will come naturally, and we're never going to be exceptionally fast.
>>
>>305117
Figured it out
>>
>>304938
>aren't the brightest, but you are a rare genius, close to a human
So, from a scale of Hodor to Varys where does that put us?
>>
>>305132
Khal Drogo
>>
Strength
>>
>>304938
>>Intelligence: Most giants aren't the brightest, but you are a rare genius, close to a human.

If it take place in Games of Throne universe, I rather be smart than strong or fast. You need to be smart to survive and avoid bad situations.
>>
>Intelligence

>GoT universe.

HYYYYPE
>>
>>304938
We am Grath, the wise giant, who saw that there were fish beneath the ice when the rest of our clan starved. We saved clan. We am hero.
>>
>>304938
>Intelligence
We can learn the Common Tongue. Good times abound.

>Luol Kar Mag Val Staa, nicknamed Cave Bear by Common-speaking wildlings
>>
Good Morning everyone, looks like Intelligence won.

Did not expect speed to get so many votes, especially early on. I'd assumed that people would want to be either smart or buff.

Writing the opener, any consensus on the name? We have 3 contenders at the moment
>Tak Ag Um Sha Tak
>Garth
>Luol Kar Mag Val Staa, nicknamed Cave Bear by Common-speaking wildlings
>Something else(with intelligence, a multisyllable name would be acceptable, as Giants will often gain new names throughout the course of their lives.

>305132
Struggling to come up with a character, but assume an IQ of about 90. The average giant is about 70
>>
>>305983
If we're only mildly retarded, then something like Garth would work well. Wouldn't be against a shorter multi-syllabic name though.
>>
>>305983
Multi-syllabic version of Luol Kar Mag Val Staa would just be the full words, though not necessarily assembled correctly considering giants.

Luolakarhun Mahtava Valastaa.
>>
>>305983
>Garth

I like it, it sounds powerful, intimidating yet somewhat civilised.
>>
>>306055
Garth Brücks
>>
>>306094
YES. MAKE IT HAPPEN OP
>>
>>306037
I like it.
>>
>>306094
Yes plz
>>
>>306126
I'm sure suggesting it counts as a vote.
>>
File: reindeer vs. reindeer.jpg (340KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
reindeer vs. reindeer.jpg
340KB, 1200x800px
The wind blows lightly today, something you are grateful for. It should carry your scent away from your targets, a pair of bucks that have been engaged in a fight for the last ten minutes. Their meat will be a welcome burden, with food just starting to become available in large enough quantities again. Spring is a unique time in the lands beyond the Wall, with trees flowering as snow falls gently in the night. Animals fight for breeding rights, their hooves and paws churning the earth to mud in their battles. Food will be much easier to come by in the coming time, though competition for it will be more common

You have seen spring twice now, though you can recollect one. Though you do not know the years you have been alive, you have reached the ends of your growing time. Standing at only 11 feet tall, you are short for your race. To make up for this, the Gods have granted you a strange gift. You are closer to humans in speech than to your kin, and learned the Common tongue from a family of wildlings that you lived with last Fall. Nice people, they were willing to take in and feed a growing giant during his exile. From them came your new name, Garth, a bastardization of your name in the Old Tongue. They said that it is the name of a great bard from south of the Wall, though you've never heard of his instrument. Musical instruments that giants use are more often crude horns or drums.
>>
Turning your attention back to the bucks in front of you, you size the pair up. One is older and carries a rack larger than it's foe, likely an extra year or three of competition having hardened it's meat. However, it's younger companion have size on it, but is missing a branch on it's left antler. That could spell it's doom, as the older male hones in on it's weakness
>Attack the younger, larger buck
>Attack the older, smaller buck
>>
>>306180
>Attack the younger, larger buck

It has more meat.
>>
>>306180
Allowing the younger, larger buck to run free and mate.
>>
>>306180
Old, small one.
>>
>>306176
Eat the old and the frail.
>>
>>306180
>>
>>306200

Good point. I agreed we taking on old buck while letting younger free. In long term we may get larger bucks to eat in the future.
>>
>>306800
We really are a clever giant aren't we?
>>
>>306828
Cleverer than other giants.
>>
>>
>>306180
What are the odds of us just catching both? (This is if we don't want to keep the young one alive for future food)
>>
>>307129
This. We have to feed the tribe. Attempt to catch both.
>>
>>306180
Applied eugenics
>>
>>306180
Are we eating aged venison or not?
>>
Where for art thou OP?
>>
ded zred
>>
Giant Quest! Noooooo!
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.