[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck in an RPG Quest 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 3

File: SiRPG_Quest.jpg (34KB, 468x335px) Image search: [Google]
SiRPG_Quest.jpg
34KB, 468x335px
You are Peter Hornberg. You entered a Virtual Reality game called ‘Legends of Zeltanna’ from which you are now trying to escape (kind of).

So far you've:

So far you’ve:
Become a Wizard
Encountered a dragon
Escaped a dragon
Found a town troubled by a dragon
Left a town troubled by a dragon
Killed some baby gatorants
Met a nigger elephant man
Sold carapace dust/cocaine to nigger elephant man
Met a ranger named Lelogas
Befriended a ranger named Lelogas
Grinded at Gatorant Hill
Met a pretty rogue named Robin
Got robbed by a pretty rogue named Robin
Got hired by Robin to help steal Lelogas’s bow
Found out Robin is Lelogas’s ex
Met a dwarf blacksmith
Had dwarf blacksmith make carapace boots
Saw a fight between swordsmen
Helped the loser of a swordfight
Met a cleric named John Preston
Befriended a cleric named John Preston
Added a cleric named John Preston to your party
Became suspicious that John is a faggot
Ignored suspicions that John is a faggot
Rode a giant yellow grasshopper
Met the nigger elephant man again
Borrowed some books from nigger elephant man
Read a book
Learned new rituals
Went to Owlwasp Hive
Left Owlwasp Hive
Went to Isten Prison
Almost died
Killed some skeletons
Killed some ghouls
Leveled up
Fought a boss battle against a death knight
Killed a death knight with cunning
Broke the fucking game with insane level ups
Got some treasure
Tried to kill a Lich
Fell down stairs
Almost died
Learned about John’s life
Bought tickets to Dorter Magic City
Read an autobiography
Researched a new ritual
Met Brainy314
Found out death is not death
Arrived at Dorter Magic City
Bought a Sword and Ivory Staff
Met up with Lelogas and Robin
Told Lelogas, death is not death
Helped John become Captain America
Started researching a new ritual
Got blinded by hydra poison
Got cured of blindness by Lavozieh
Got hired by Lavozieh to break into a senator’s office
Made some money distributing flyers
Got robbed by a mysterious book thief
Properly executed a break-in
Learned Alchemy
Had some feels with John
Decided to make the greatest violin in the world for John
Went to the Gangsta Guild office
Learned about Guilds
Learned about armbands
Met Swordmaster Ben Sookay
Became a student of the sword
Received instruction on the sword
Witnessed the Seaball World Cup
Witnessed a duel
Buried a dead man
Alchemy'd up a strength potion
Eavesdropped on another party
Lost an arm
Got a sweet orichalcum prosthetic limb

Old Thread: >>280227
GDocs page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xdcq_CZowSVEdwCBechSkG96l_9n1H-wOGBGbCLZBKg/edit?usp=sharing
Twitter (though I keep forgetting to use it): @Opiestuckinrpg
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Stuck+in+an+RPG
>>
Right now you're in front of Wartun Tower trying to decide what rituals you will perform before going in:

>Bind Fallen Foes - Allows you bind the spirit of an enemy you have killed onto an object for a time.
Needs 'essence of enemy'
Needs 2 gold coins
Needs runes to be drawn
Repeating releases former spirit
Spirit is bound until the next full moon (30 days) or object is broken, or the ritual is performed again
>Bind Lesser Elemental - Allows you to bind a summoned lesser elemental onto an object for 5+Wis hours
Incantation:
I choose to bind/ This Elemental/I hope they find/ It rather gentle/Help me grind/ Don't be judgmental.
>Summon Common Elemental
Needs a simple dance (disco hip thrusts)
Incantation (poem): Common Elemental/I call on you/Aid me in battle/What I order, do/Be my protector/And companion too
>Contract Common Spirit
Incantation
Needs 2 gold coins
Needs a trivial dance
>Summon Greater Elemental
Complex Runic diagrams
Simple Incantation
Time Limit: 1 hour
Requires item (uncommon)
>Contract Greater Elemental
Simple dance
Extremely complex incantation
Needs 1 pint of human blood
Simple runes drawn with human blood
Time limit: 30 minutes
>Bind Uncommon Spirit
Needs token of spirit (common)
Needs true name of spirit
Difficult incantation
Complex runes on object to be bound
Needs 5 minutes of deep meditation
Time limit: till next solar eclipse (~1 year)
1 spirit per object
>>
>>302355
yay first love this quest
>>
>>302374
>Summon common flame elemental
We'll summon something more powerful if it is needed.
>>
>>302397
>Summon greater flame elemental
We might not have time though
>>
>>302516
Looking at it now, I don't think we even have an uncommon item to summon with anyways. Plus, 1 hour is pretty limited.
>>
>>302374
How have we not made a summon common spirit ritual yet?

Btw, what's the difference between a spirit and an elemental?
>>
>>302544
Oops, didn't read all of it. I'll go with common elemental. Is there a way we can extend the time limit?
>>
>>302802
>Empowered - Once per day you may speak an incantation to empower a ritual, either making its effect last twice as long or doubling its magnitude

>>302798
Spirits are the the souls of living things that dwell in the aether, elementals are manifestations of an element using aether.
>>
>>302397
Voting for this
>>
>>302397
>>303143
You haven't summoned a common flame elemental yet. You're curious to see what it looks like. You do the necessary dance moves and speak the poem. A dragon, the long, snake-like kind, appears. It has red, scaled skin and flies around weightless, coiling comfortably around your body like a friendly boa constructor.
"What's your name elemental?"
"I am Agnis" Says the dragon.
"Can you protect us the from cold, Agnis?"
"As you wish." The dragon breathes fire from its nostrils, creating an orb of flame about the size of a small room. "Enter and be warm."

You cautiously enter the ball of flame...nothing happens, no injuries, no burns. However you cannot feel the cold inside the flame orb. John and Ben follow after you. "Is it satisfactory?"
"Yep. Thanks Agnis." You rub its head, and it rubs against your cheek in affection, almost cutting you with its sharp scales.

You also summon and bind Wendy to John's shield and then you open the doors to the tower and enter.

As you do so, the doors immediately close shut behind you. You try to open them, but they don't budge. John tells you step-aside and braces his shield.
"Woah! I wouldn't do that if I were you!" You look at Ben, he shakes his head, it wasn't him who spoke. You look around the room. Everything is covered with a thing layer of frost, even the floor. Icicles have formed on the ceiling. You are in a perfectly square room, except for the ceiling which is domed. A large hole in the center of the dome leads up, but there is no discernible way to get there. Hundreds of smaller holes in straight rows are also on the ceiling.

The guy who spoke, is sitting in front of a tent, in a corner of the room, warming his hands on a fire. He's about the same age as you and John. He's wearing thick fur clothing and a fur hat. A bow lies against the side of his tent. There is a pot over the flame in which something is bubbling, the smell of it comes to your nose and your mouth begins to water.

"I wouldn't hit that door, if I were you, friend. It's trapped."

>"Who're you?"
>"Trapped? Trapped how?"
>Attack him
>Other
>>
>>303336
>>"Trapped? Trapped how?"
>>
>>303336
Trapped how?
>>
>>303336
>>"Trapped? Trapped how?"
>>
>>303394
>>303409
"Trapped how?"
"Y'see those holes up there? (He points to the ceiling, you nod.) Anytime you try and damage the door you get shot full of ice bullets from those holes." Well shit.
"W-wait. Then how do we get out?" He uncovers the pot, puts his finger in and tastes it. "Mmm...needs more pepper, where did I put it?" He mumbles.
"Excuse me! How are we supposed to get out?"
"Pipe down. The only way to get out is through there. (He points to the ceiling again). That door is basically unbreakable. He looks up and suddenly notices Agnis.
"I-is that, a dragon? I've heard dragon flesh is so tender it practically melts in your mouth." He's actually drooling." Agnis hisses at him and he recoils. "Just a thought, just thought" He mumbles, sprinkling something into the pot. "Well come and sit. Come and sit. I wasn't expecting company or I'd have made more, but it'll have to do. Come, come." You look at John and Ben. They shrug. It does smell really good.

>Join him by the fire
>"Who exactly are you?"
>"No thanks. Can you just tell us how to get up there so we can get out?"
>Other
>>
>>303462
>>"Who exactly are you?"
Have to finish the clichés.
>>
>>303474
"I'm Cyko. Maybe you've heard of me? No? Ah, doesn't matter."
"You're a player?"
"I am."
"What...what are you doing here?"
"I'm looking for a King Frost Slime."
"A King Frost...Slime?"
"That's right. I got a tip that the ice mage who took over this tower, filled the top floor with them. And I've been trying to get up there."
"Why?"
"Ice cream." His eyes shine.
"Ice cream?"
"Ice cream. Not just any ice cream either, the best, most creamy, melt on your tongue, perfect texture and sweetness, ice cream you've ever tasted."
"What does this Frost Slime thing have to do with that?" Says John.
"The King Frost Slime is fundamental to the recipe. It's flesh and blood is the most important ingredient. *sigh* But I can't figure out how to get all the way up to the top floors. And my rope was torn to shreds by a Yeti so I can't even leave." He pouts, then brightens up. "Ah the stew is done. Come on, come on. We can talk all we want later, lets eat it while its hot! Come, come." Ben and John look to you. He seems like a nice enough person.

>Join him
>"No thanks, just tell us how to get there and we'll be on our way."
>Other
>>
>>303555
>>Join him
We dungeon meshi now.
>>
>>303462
Super suspicious. Stay on guard, don't eat anything.
>>
>>303555
>>"No thanks, just tell us how to get there and we'll be on our way."
>>
>>303555
>Join him.
I smell a new companion/friend/potential love interest.
>>
>>303702
>love interest
We have to remain pure for John. He's already done so much for us.
>>
>>304224
I'm all for eventually romancing John (first companion usually gets dibs), but it'll be good to introduce some competition to get the ball rolling. Besides, it's not like there's any romanceable females around.
>>
>>304248
>Implying John isn't a girl in real life

Just waiting for a tie break now.
>>
>>304261
Just roll a 1d2 at this point.

>John is a grill in real life
We're dropping him if that's true.
>>
>>304261
I agree with rolling a 1d2.

I wouldn't mind if John was a girl, but I kind of hope he isn't? It's about damn time we have an actual gay protag who wasn't blatant yuri bait.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>304358
>>304415
So be it

>>303563
>>303702

>>303574
>>303646
>>
>>303555
>Join him
>>
>>304435
The die have spoken.

Might as well join him, the food smells too good to pass up. He hands you each a wooden bowl and spoon and carefully apportions the stew into each bowl. You give it a taste. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT. This is the greatest thing you've ever tasted in your entire 16 years of life. This is, "That's it, I'm ready to die" good, "I'm ready to kill" good. The flavor is a perfectly between spice and sweetness, it warms you up inside and the bits of meat just dissolve on your tongue like ice chips.

Even Ben is moved.
"Good right? Y'sir nothing like Yeti stew to really put the heat back in you." Yeti. Stew. Yep chunks of meat with the carrots. Yeti...fuck it, its too good. You keep eating. The others don't even hesitate. By the time your finished the entire pot is drained and you're ready to lick the inside.
"Now then...phew, let's get down to business. Who are you?" Asks Cyko.

>"I am Bob, and this Ben, my master and John my companion."
>"No one of importance, just a player passing by trying to get some levels."
>"None of your business. Thank you for the meal, but please now tell us how we're supposed to get out of here."
>Other
>>
>>304451
>"I am Bob, and this Ben, my master and John my companion
>>
>>304451
And also wink at John.
>>
>>304451
>>
>>304457
>>304462
>>304467
"I am Bob, and this Ben, my master and John my companion"
"Well met. I'm Cyko as I've already said. I'm guessing you're here to loot items for your guild?"
"No, we're just here to grind. We don't belong to a guild."
"Going solo, I respect that. Now you said you wanted out, the easiest way is to head up there (points to the hole) and then jump down one of the windows. But I don't have a rope so, you'll figure out another way to get up there."
"What about you?"
"I still need to find that King Frost Slime, I'm not leaving without my ice cream."
"O...k." Unfortunately none of you have any rope either. You'll have to think of something else to get up there.

You:
>Question Cyko (about what?)
>Make a plan to reach the next level (what?)
>Other
>>
>>304485
>>Question Cyko (about what?)
How long have you been here, how do you intend to reach the top floor with the King frost slime if you need a rope to get there?
>>
>>304485
>Ask Cyko if he wants help locating that slime..
He fed us, so we should help him back. Besides, we could probably summon a Greater Wind Elemental to carry us out whenever we need to.
>>
>>304485
Our fire elemental is a dragon, can he fly us all up?
>>
>>304485
Could an ice elemental make stairs or a ladder?
>>
>>304628
>>305703
Yes and yes
>>
>>306005
Cool guess the dragon is flying us out then.
>>
>>306192
Up, not out. We here to grind
>>
>>306540
I believe he was implying out of the room into the next
>>
>>304485
>Make a plan to reach the next level (what?)
Could Wendy lift us one at a time on the shield, like an elevator?
>>
>>304496
>summon a Greater Wind Elemental
We still dont have an uncommon item to sacrifice for that summoning.
>>
To keep things moving along, from now on I'm going to try and incorporate as many different suggestions as possible; preference given in order of votes. Instead of waiting for a consensus -- which takes way too long.

>>304494
"How long have you been here?"
"...couple weeks. I made it to the 9th floor, but that 10th floor's a pain in the ass. Lost my rope on the way down, fell in here, and now I'm just waiting"
"Waiting?"
"I PM'd some buddies of mine, they'll be coming in a few days, they're questing somewhere else so...but they'll be here. I'm just waiting."
"But you'll freeze to death!" Says John. Speaking of which how did he make his fire in the first place?
"Hahah, your concern is touching but that's one thing which will never happen." He holds up a finger and a small flame appears above it.
"You're a fire mage?" You ask.
"That's right. This place doesn't affect me. At all." A fire mage could be useful in this place.
>>304496
"Alright. Why don't you join us? We're just trying to grind so you can take the King Frost Slime loot, or we could give you lift to the next floor if want."
"Hmm...alright. Why not? What level are you all?" The party menu comes up:

Cyko wishes to join your party!

[ ] Yes [ ] No

Yes. And he's in. You can see his details on the party screen:

Cyko
Level 36 Fire Mage
- Grandmaster Cook
- 5 time winner of the Etrian Cook-Off Contest

"Hmm, level 16. A bit low, but I guess that's why you're here right? A wizard and a cleric, and...hmm you're not on here Ben...so an NPC? Curious bunch." Ben doesn't respond. "Well stick with me, I'll level up you guys up real quick. The level cap for this place is 45, but that's only at the higher levels. Just stick with me."
"Thanks." You say.
"So you like to cook?" Says John.
"That's right! Most people play this game, try to level up, tackle the harder dungeons, get a few items, buy a house and then retire. Some keep on adventuring until they can reincarnate. Pretty much every top player has reincarnated at least twice. But me, I don't care about any of that. This game is a near-perfect model of reality in the way it simulates the senses. That means good cooking tastes really good. So I learned to cook, and pretty soon it became the only way play. I go around gathering rare ingredients and making stuff no one ever thought of or tasted before." An interesting way to play, but not unheard of.

>>304628
You ask Agnis if he can lift you all up out of here. He says yes, but that you'll have to do it one at a time. John volunteers to go first. The dragon wraps around his waist and pulls him in one swift motion unto the ceiling.
"So what's with the shield?" Asks Cyko
"Heh. He's Captain America."
"No kidding."
One by one you are all lifted to the second floor. Ben is a little nervous when he's lifted. You think he might be afraid of heights.

(1/2)
>>
>>309895

You are in a medium sized room with tables and large rolled up scrolls stacked in every corner. A pedestal in the exact center of the room has a vial of pale pink liquid on top of it. There are two, large arched windows, one each side of the room.

"Look alive gents, Iceteeth at 12'o'clock." Three sabertooth-tigers come out from under the tables and start to surround you Instead of the characteristic long teeth of the sabertooth, these tigers have icicles for teeth and their eyes are a deep shade of all blue. Above their heads:
Level 20 Icetooth
"Ready yourselves, they're all going to strike at the same time. We have to attack just as the alpha makes its move. I'll say when." John steps in front of you and gently pushes you back.
"Stay behind me this time" he says and braces his shield. Well, wizards do traditionally fight from the sidelines. You unsheathe your arm-blade. But then, you're a cyborg-wizard, so fuck the rules.

Ben takes his stance and closes his one eye.
"Here they come!" Yells Cyko. The tigers leap! One of them smashes against John's shield, knocking him down from the impact. The other charges at Ben. Ben front-flips over it and cuts off its hind-leg. 1 down. The third one charges to Cyko, who shoots a gout of flame at it, melting the ice near its feet and singeing some of its fur.

You:
>Finish off Ben's tiger
>Help John
>Help Cyko

Whatever you choose, please describe it in detail, and then roll 1d6.
>>
Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

>>309927
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>309927
>Help John

Ben and Cyko don't need help, let's just stab John's tiger with our sword arm
>>
>>309927
If I understand correctly, we should be only a foot or two behind cap, if that is not correct, feel free to change

Take a couple running steps forward and punt the head of the bastard cat attacking Cap.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>309989
And I forgot to roll...
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>309927
Stand by John, using your sword to keep the tiger away from him while he gets up. If the tiger moves in too close, stab at it.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>Help John
We already know Ben will be fine.
>Move to the tigers flank while it's down and hit it from both sides with you+john
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>309927
Have Agnis blast the tiger attacking John, finish off Ben's tiger
>>
>>309964
>>310000
>>310081
>>310196
>>311508
You get +4 to your roll bringing you to 9+4 = 13. Critical!

Arm blade out, left foot and right foot forward. The beast glances up, you kick the side of its head; it scowls and growls, swipes its claw at your arm. Your arm blade catches its paw, cutting clean and easy like a pencil through wet paper. The beast howls and stumbles on three legs, the beast backs away, the beast licks its broken paw. "Blast him Agnis!" Agnis uncoils like a lazy river and slides from out your body and shoots like a striking snake; spits out flame at the Icetooth's face. Fur and face and flesh is stripped away. What remains is grinning bone and the smell of smoke laced with burnt flesh, fur and fear.

You pull John up. Cyko's Icetooth is wandering left and right, lunging and dodging Cyko's fire blasts. John tosses his shield at Cyko's Icetooth. Miss. Then it bounces off a table. Gut shot. The beast is torn in half, each half drops mutely, as its weight dictates. 2 Dead. You all turn to Ben.

His sword is sheathed. His eye is closed. His stance is ready. The last beast, seeing his pack fail, hesitates. It tries to back away. Cyko shoots a burst of flame at its back. Ben takes the opportunity. A pale blue flash and the head lies too far away from beast's body. The body takes a second to understand it should not stand anymore, and falls. Blue blood coats the floors. You check your character sheet. +60exp. 8 more to go till you level up.

You wipe your arm blade of blood and sheathe it. John commands his shield to return. Ben's sword is already sheathed.

You have choice over the following loot:

1. Icetooth Fang x6
2. Icetooth Fur Pelt x1
3. Icetooth Heart x2
4. Icetooth Brain x1

These items are all "common"
>>
>>311637
>Icetooth Fur Pelt x1
Make a cloak later.
>>
>>311643
2nded
>>
>>311643
>>311646
You take the fur pelt. You'll make a cloak later. Or have some else make it. The room is more or less the same, except for the three tables that were upturned by the tiger's charge.

You:
>Take a look at the stacks of scrolls
>Grab the pink vial of liquid on the pedestal
>Look out the window
>Other
>>
>>311643
This. Our first true victory in combat, we will honor its sacrifice by wearing it.
>>
>>311666
>>Grab the pink vial of liquid on the pedestal
Alchemy.
>>
>>311666
>Take a look at the stacks of scrolls
>Grab the pink vial of liquid on the pedestal
Might as well look over both.
>>
>>311669
But our first victory was the baby garot that we sold.
This isn't even our 5th kill. I've lost track.
>>
>>311727
Those kills were all by elemental though, this is the first kill we've gotten with our own hand.
>>
>>311677
>>311703
You grab the pink vial.
"Wait!" Says Cyko. Too late. You've already grabbed it. You wait. Everyone holds their breath, Cyko glances around the room, his muscles are taut. Nothing happens and everyone begins breathing again.
"Don't do that. The Icemage here likes to fuck with players and has traps all over the place. I guess this one was a decoy to put our guard down, but be careful. Traps will kill a lot quicker than a monster."
"Noted." You pocket the vial for later. You don't open it because you went blind before from doing stupid shit like that. You head over to the scrolls. They are large, each one is the length of your arm and thicker than your leg. But they are all empty. Just blank paper.
"How do we get up?" Says John.
"We could through there (he points at a door on the far side of the room) there's a staircase which leads up to the next floor. But its better to go through the window."
"What? Why?" Asks Ben, his voice is a little strained.
"There's a particularly nasty Rainman on top of the staircase. A real pain in the ass. Better if we can avoid him entirely. Though, since you guys are here to grind, we *could* fight him."

>"Why is this Rainman, such a problem?"
>"Nah, Agnis can just fly us up, open the window."
>"We're here to train. Let's go kill some more bad guys."
>Other
>>
>>311773
"Window, definitely window." in our best Dustin Hoffman impression
>>
>>311773
>"Why is this Rainman, such a problem?"
He could just be a bad matchup for a fire mage, the rest of us might have no problem.
>>
>>311773
>"Why is this Rainman such a problem?"
We need to level up to get gud. I want some more charisma so we aren't total shit with npcs.
>>
>>311733
We're a wizard. Elemental counts as our own power.

>>311773
>Why is this Rainman, such a problem?"
>>
File: Ben_Sookay.jpg (335KB, 1380x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Ben_Sookay.jpg
335KB, 1380x1800px
Sorry for the slow posts lately guys, its gonna be like that for weekdays now, unfortunately. Weekends will have more updates I promise.

In the meantime here's Ben.
>>
File: Ben_Sookay.jpg (125KB, 690x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ben_Sookay.jpg
125KB, 690x900px
>>312610
Whoops, wrong size.
>>
>>311797
>>311861
>>311918
"Why is this 'Rainman' such a problem?" You say.
"He's incorporeal. Normal weapons can't kill him. But he's weak, you can avoid his attacks, easily. You just can't hit him." Incorporeal huh? Maybe your orichalcum arm blade could something.
"My arm-blade is made of orichalcum and silver, you think that'd do anything?"
"That'd work, sure. You'd have to get close enough...but yeah, it should work."
"John? Ben? What do you think?"
"Little rain never hurt anyone lad." Though its clear Ben just wants to avoid facing his fear of heights.
"Whichever man, I'll follow your lead."

>Fight the Rainman
>Go through the window
>>
>>313353
>Fight the Rainman
>>
>>313353
Kill everything, gather all xp
>>
>>313353
>>Fight the Rainman
XP
>>
>>313353
Kill Rainman
Fuck John
Be Happy
>>
>>313570
I second this.
>>
Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

>>313364
>>313412
>>313529
>>313570
>>314291
You make your decision.
"We'll fight." Nods all around.
"Alright, so what's the plan?" Says John.
"Simple, lad, we just need Bob to get close, that means there needs to be a distraction and that distraction is us."
"How will he get close?" Says John.
"Agnis can fly me forward. Right?"
"If you like." Says Agnis.
"Alright, Cyko, can you describe the environment we'll be fighting in?" Says Ben.
"It's just a marble staircase. He's waiting at the top flight, but his attacks are long range. He shoots water bullets, they're pretty slow, and small but if they hit, they'll tear up your insides, just like real bullets."
"Alright, then John -- you'll have to use your shield to cover Ben and Cyko and me." John nods.
"Got it."
"Hmm, it's going to be an uphill battle on a narrow corridor, maybe it should just be John and me?"
"Actually that does sound better, the shield can only defend so many people. Less people means more room to move around." Says Cyko.
"Alright. Then it's settled. John and I will go, alone, and fight this thing. You ready John?"
"Just say the word."
"Alright. Let's go."

The both of you head for the door and enter through. The staircase is dark because there is only one window and it stands at the top of the steps. You advance cautiously, John at the front with his shield up and you, behind, arm-blade unsheathed and ready. No sign of the Rainman. You keep going up. You hear something. A plop. You look up. A man is clinging to the ceiling, his body has the luster and sheen of liquid water, pure blue and clear and shining. The creature lifts a finger and flicks something toward you.
"John! Up!" John looks behind you and braces the shield upward. The drop falls slowly like a gentle raindrop, but leaves a dent in John's shield as it hits.
"Shit!"Says John. The creature skitters across the ceiling to the top flight. John reorients the shield. The creature howls -- a chilling sound. It raises its hand, a flash of rain-bullets come out toward John. John braces the shield again. The dents look like marble holes on a Chinese checkerboard.
"John, we have to keep moving!"
"I know!" John runs forward. The creature howls again and raises its palm again. Now's your chance!
"Agnis go!" You fly forward, blade out and pointed at the creatures head.

Roll 1d6 to see what happens
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>316013
Praise kek!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>316013
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>316013
Let's try to not die.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>316013
We aren't failing again.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

It's been a good run guys
>>
>>316863
>We aren't failing again
>rolls 1
>>
>>318696
Struggle builds strength.I'm so sorry.
>>
>>318696
Who's ready to lose a leg? We're already an alchemist, so our new tital could be full metal.
>>
>>316090
>>316125
>>316242
>>316863
>>317637
9 + (15-15) = 9 Success! Your arm-blade rips through Rainman's head. It feels like cutting into ripe watermelon flesh. You make a picturesque landing as the creature falls to the ground behind you. You sheathe your blade and feel badass.
"Bob watch out!" Says John. But it's too late. The fallen monster shoots a last wave of rain bullets at you as it dissipates into water vapor. Agnis uncoils, shoves you to the ground and takes the bullets himself. They rip through him and he falls to the ground from his injuries.
"Are...you ok...master?" Agnis is injured bad. You pick him up.
"I'm fine, Agnis. I'm fine. Return in peace." You release him back to the aether, freeing him from the pain. Well shit. You already used your major rituals for today. On the bright side, killing the Rainman has brought you both to level 19.

You have 15 stat points to spend.

>Stats
Constitution: 10
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 33
Wisdom: 28
Charisma: 5

Spend wisely.
>>
>>319072
7 Intelligence 7 wisdom. 1 in something else?
>>
>>319072
>>319086
1 in Constitution? We seem to be taking a lot of hits no matter what, might as well be prepared for it.
>>
>>319072
Can we please spend 2 on charisma? Just slowly until we get to 10. That way we won't be total shit when interacting with npcs.
>>
>>319615
This
>>
>>319072
+2 Intelligence
+7 Wisdom
+3 Charisma
+3 Constitution
>>
>>318954
I still really want Punished 'Venom' Bob desu
>>
>>319861
This sound OK. We need more con, since we systematically end up getting hit, and let's raise cha to 10.
Dump the rest in int and wis.
>>
>>319861
+1
>>
>>319861
Your stats now read:

Level 19 (9312/100 exp)
Punished ‘Venom’ Bob

Stats
Constitution: 13
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 35
Wisdom: 35
Charisma: 8

You don't feel all that different this time, but your muscles have developed a little more and your face is a bit more symmetrical.

Unfortunately, you've lost your summon and you can't perform any more rituals for the day. Perhaps you should:

>Go back to town and rest
>Continue onward, your arm-blade will see you through
>>
>>321368
We are here to fucking grind
>>
>>321368
>>Continue onward, your arm-blade will see you through
No brakes.
>>
>>321368
>Continue onward
We have backup and we came to grind.
>>
>>321368
Aren't we going to freeze in an ice tower without a fire elemental?
And can we go back without the magic-lift anyway?
>>
>>321911
Well, you can still ride the shield down and Cyko can take care of the temperature problem.
>>
>>321981
Good. >Continue onward then.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.