[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great house Quest 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: Great house.png (1MB, 533x554px) Image search: [Google]
Great house.png
1MB, 533x554px
Welcome to Great House Quest a quest where you lead the leader of a family that has just obtained peerage to glory and success. (inspired by >>261407)

Just like in Legacy quest death is permanent, unlike it though, I don't expect you to die every few turns. You can totally go back home and recuperate note though, that surviving a battle with half Hp will mean suffering permanent damage that will affect your total HP as well as some of your rolls.

I will also allow you to spend a few turns managing the village but note that bandit attacks, kidnappings and assassination attempts might happen.

Your character may form a party but the number of members will be limited to three members of your family.

Also the world is mostly unlevelled meaning that in early levels and in the early generations you might meet monsters that you can't simply defeat with might. Overcoming those great obstacles will also mean great boons. ( Note: you will never meet weak enemies, once a enemy becomes too easy it will go extinct or mutate.)
>>
File: Town situation 1.png (43KB, 824x888px) Image search: [Google]
Town situation 1.png
43KB, 824x888px
>>298908
Now, let's talk about our hero and is background , you are the baron of New Rivertown a newly established Colony in the recently discovered continent of Arakuja. This strange continent is host to a variety of strange structures that seems to spawn evil creatures. Those structures named dungeons seems to kill everyone who don't have the have the blood of The God of War flowing into them. This rare characteristic is usually only found in nobles but for some strange reason you have it. The discovery of your blood lineage obliged your liege to grant you land and give you the Obligation to clear dungeons. The Count still sees you a peasant and doesn't expect much of you in consequences. You won't have to pay taxes but you will also receive no help from him.
>>
File: Lord 1.png (32KB, 554x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Lord 1.png
32KB, 554x1174px
>>298923
Now,
>What is your name and what is the name of your house? (trips, 3 votes, or rolling over 17 on a d20 will decide most actions)

What actions will you do first ?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>298930
Srea the first of house Efink son of thomas the second. Has some tyes to elven heritage.
>>
>>298930
quick question i was the guy who asked if it was alright to make something akin to legacy quest. Is one of the reasons you made that because of said post?
>>
>>298960
Yes
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>298957
get a bride. Someone who is smart and magic. if there is no one like that date a scholar. your naturally lean muscles will of set her meeknes.

should o keep rolling d20s on this kinda stuff

>>298968
yay i helped spark a quest :3
>>
>>298973
You Decide to travel to the main port, lacking a port this journey will be dangerous and take several days of rations. Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>298983
why are we going to a port?

im gonna get like an 80 callin it
>>
>>298988
Your town has 8 adult married to each other and this a new colony. The only place where you can find a woman to marry is in the Colony's main city port
>>
>>298999
oh
>>298988
kek [bold]LIKE AN 80 NOT AN 80[bold]
>>
>>298999
you still here? I'd hate to stay here when the qm has left.
>>
File: Ladies.png (18KB, 462x708px) Image search: [Google]
Ladies.png
18KB, 462x708px
Your journey to the port goes without problem. You manage to find wild berries to eat on the way to the city so you don't even need to eat rations.

You hear in the city's inn that two single woman arrived in the last ship. One is Lanka Dwarf-blood a woman with smithing skills that might also give you strong, but ugly children ( +2 to strength / attack/ and defence and -5 charisma) or Esmeralda Elven-Blood an Orphan Heiress of Great height and Beauty ( +2 charisma, +50 gold and +1 agility)

Will wait for 3 responses before posting again
>>
>>299065
Esmeralda is the obvious choice. Qm may i suggest next time to make sure they both have flaws? most people just take the one with no flaws.
>>
>>299076
Well one gives you major advantages with a major flaw and a building while the other gives minor advantages. It seemed to balance to me.
>>
>>299076
Maybe a flaw should be that she doesn't speak our native language well? Or that she doesn't like to sleep inside, or refuses to let ancient trees be cut down?

Of course, these are all lovable minor flaws, which is fine.

>>299065
Esmeralda Elven-Blood
>>
>>299096
yes let the elven blood back into us. THE EFINKIS SHALL BE ELVES ONCE MORE!
>>
>>299096
also yea a minor flaw like hates dirty things or seems pompous (empahsis on SEEMS)
>>
Only need one more vote
>>299109
>>299096
>>299065
Let's go with this classic one she has low fertility
>>
>>299119
yea good idea. like we have to spend a while in town trying to impregante her thus making us spend money at the inn or for food. mabye less stats from not training or doing anything but that seems a bit much
>>
>>299119
Esmeralda
>>
>>299140
>>299138
>>299103
Esmeralda it is then Wait a few minutes while I write
>>
Lord Efink of House Thomasson Decides to marry Esmeralda immediately. They consume their marriage but Esmeralda being an elf the Lord might have to wait a few years (turns) before going adventuring.

The journey back to the New Rivertown is as boring as the journey to The Port city of Yule so there is not much to report on.

What shall the baron do next?

>Search for a Dungeon (d100 must get over 20)
>Try for a baby (d100 must get over 40 )
>Scout for resources (d100 must get over 20)

also what should the town build next?
> a Watermill
> a ranch
> a palisade wall
>>
Rolled 87, 54 = 141 (2d100)

>>299184
you misunderstand kind sir. I meant that Srea OF house efink was the son of thomas the third

Baron
>Try for a baby

Town
>Write-in Make fields and a granary water mill is useless without them.
>>
>>299197
Let's just roll with it, hahaha
>>
>>299184
Seconding >>299197
>>
File: Town situation 2.png (45KB, 824x888px) Image search: [Google]
Town situation 2.png
45KB, 824x888px
Lady Esmeralda is pregnant expecting twins a rare event for people of elven blood!

This year you also order your subjects to build more fields and farmhouses as well as a granary in preparation greater plans. Lacking farm hands you have to recruit colonists reducing your current amount of gold to 10 gold.

Rumors of monsters around town indicate the presence of a dungeon nearby.

What shall you do about it?

>Enter the dungeon immediately
> Give orders to the villagers before entering (Chance of villagers dying, I will roll 1d100: 10-40 1 villager dies 41-50 3 villagers die 51-100 7 villagers die)
>>
>>299274
>Leave note to son and one to village

Son
>I love you going to dungeon xoxo(can a kind anon make an actaul note)

Village
>Build a watermill for the granary get bread input done. Afterwards build watch towers and have kids(someone can fluff this to if they want)

>enter dungeon with sweet loots and some wheat or bread or whatever the villagers have for rations
>>
>>299274
Go to the dungeon but first inform Esmarelda.

Leave a note to our son saying:

[i]If you are reading this note, it is likely that I have perished in the dungeon I investigated. I hope that my body has been returned to our village, but if it has not for some reasonable reason then do not let that misfortune weight you down. My barony is your inheritance; make sure to guard it well. I love both of you and I love your mother.[/i]
>>
>>299406
thanks kind anon. good note
>>
>>299274
lets start dungeoning. weve been in village much to long.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>299406
>>299315
Ok, I'm going to generate the dungeon and restart this quest tomorrow. Let's hope to have more people participating.

Also rolling for deaths since you took the time to write a note
>>
>>299475
Lucky bastards!
>>
>>299482
how did they die in the span of like 5 minutes!? Add bit in the note to make sure to purge plagueed people holy macoroni. also what time towmmorow
>>
>>299501
Mind reading monsters sensing hostile intentions, don't know your timezone so let's just say in around in16 hours
>>
>>299534
GET THE TINFOIL HATS. WE GOIN ALIEN
>>
Cool quest dude, I'm lurking with interest. For the record, Svard officially approves.

- Legacy Quest OP
>>
>>299586
I HELPED SPARK A QUEST FORMAT MOMMA!!!
>>
>>299617
Well done lad. It's cool to see ideas shared on /qst/.
>>
>>299617
was more of a joke i didnt do much but add some tinder to the spark or made the rocks whatever a good anagoly is. not like im writing it
>>
Either way, nice to see the /qst/ community develop. Look forward to OP's return tomorrow.
>>
>>299679
quick question what do you use to make tiles and stuff?
>>
File: Dungeon door.png (230KB, 5344x1764px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon door.png
230KB, 5344x1764px
>>299274
>>299315
The baron takes the time to write notes before entering the dungeon one to his unborn twins and another for his subjects both imply that he might not survive what he is going to encounter next! He searches for the dungeon for a few hours and ends up finding it. Sadly an enigma stops him from entering it reads: Three make a whole: Most men fear me, beasts pay me no mind

Posting this in advance to get new people to play.
>>
>>301131
Hmm....

Fire, Metal, Death could mean war and beasts don't fear human - human war. This is my suggestion.
>>
File: Dungeon room 1.png (60KB, 3084x1928px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon room 1.png
60KB, 3084x1928px
>>301159
You insert the three discs into the door opening it. You see the discs you inserted crumble to dust as the door slowly closes meaning that there is other solution to this puzzle and that also the number of people that will ever enter this dungeon is limited.
>>
>>301178
you back qm?
>>
>>301991
Here, but no one seems to be that interested in the quest, so I guess I will just quit and play legacy quest tomorrow
>>
>>302084
but im interested D: you can test stuff to. if you play now that is
>>
>>302084
I am interested; my only guess at that riddle is "money".
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.