[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atroke Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Atroke.png (917KB, 901x675px) Image search: [Google]
Atroke.png
917KB, 901x675px
The carriage bumps and rattles as it pulls down the path. Looking out the front of the cart, you see two huge alchemical pack mules, most likely of horse stock, straining to drag the weight of the hefty sacks of salt and barrels of grain piled up next to you. But if you squint, in the distance, you can spot...

Atroke. Jewel of the Barle Desert. Even from miles away, you can see the spires of its magnificent central palace stretch into the clear blue sky. A land of new beginnings.

The carriage driver finally decides to talk after hours of silence.

"So... er... why're you going to Atroke, stranger?"
>>
>>298245
Open prompt?
"Because an evil merchant prince kidnapped my beloved! I will get her back! On my honor!" (in reality she just chose the richer suitor)
>>
>>298258
"Ah, a Court Alchemist? What kind of alchemy did you practice?"
>Red Alchemy
>White Alchemy
>Black Alchemy
>Learn more about the alchemies
>>
>>298261
white and black as in moral direction?
>Black Alchemy
to do nefarious stuff?
>>
>>298271
You recall a book you read describing the various alchemies and their practitioners. It had this to say on the various kinds of alchemy.
Red Alchemy
The Alchemy of Blood focuses on the creation of hybrids of various plants and animals. While Red Alchemists are potentially quite powerful, Red Alchemy is looked at as little more than an amusement of the royals.
White Alchemy
The most commonly practiced variety, White Alchemy is the practice of creating various potions and concotions for medical use. Advances in White alchemy have led to countless lives saved.
Black Alchemy
For every light, there must be darkness. The illegal practice of Black Alchemy focuses around the manufacture of specialty poisons and drugs of a more... recreational nature.
>>
>>298276
Red alchemy
>>
>>298284
>White Alchemy
Ah, that's what it was. You reach down and pat the cage containing a sample of your work. It hisses, and you quickly draw your hand back.

"A fine practice," says the carriage driver. "What's your name, stranger?"

>You have gained Skill: White Alchemy at 1.
>You have gained Alchemical Hybrid Sample.
>>
>>298289
Aernos Sands
>>
>>298306
"Petrus? A fine name for a young
>Lad
>Lady
such as yourself."

You look down at your sample, and see a
>Wing
>Reptillian tail
>Claw
Scrabbling at the lock, before giving up and retracting back into its cage.
>>
>>298311
>Lady
>Wing
>>
>>298313
You approach the city walls.
"Stop!" yells a guard, standing by the main gate.
The carriage bumps and rattles to a halt.
"I have nothing to declare," says the driver.
One of the guards hops into the back of the carriage and begins the slow procedure of searching the cart.
"Eight bags of salt.. five barrels of grain..." He picks up your sample. The cage bumps and shakes wildly, but he manages to hold on. "Alchemical Hybrid... looks like Avian stock..." He turns to you. "Please state your name for the record."

You hand him the letter from House... Ah, what was it again?
>>
>>298313
Also can our name be Petra if lady wins ?
>>
>>298316
Warmharbour
>>
>>298317
House Laval! That's it.

The guard looks it over.
"Everything seems to be in order... sir."
He hops out of the cart and calls to the carriage driver.
"Carry on."
The gates slowly open, and the carriage driver pulls into Atroke. After a while, the alchemical pack mules pull to a halt.
"Looks like this is where our paths part."
You reach over and hand him a few centrae.
"Thank you."
You step out of the carriage and it pulls away, and you have a few seconds to appreciate the city that will be the backdrop for the next stage of your life.
It's a bit dirtier than you'd expect.

Merchants peddling various knicknacks line the streets, shouting various phrases in Taelish and Karad. The smell of roasting meat fills your lungs. Someone is chasing a stray dog.

So, what now?
>>
>>298324
You ask around and find a few inns close by. The closest one is called "the Scrawny Eagle." You navigate through the twists and turns of the streets and alleys of the city, before finding it in a tiny alleyway.

You walk inside, and are immediately assaulted by the smell of people smoking various illicit substances. Your sample doesn't seem to mind, though. A short, dark skinned woman is cleaning glasses at the other end of the room.

What now?
>>
>>298328
Check the of our inventory and enter the scrawny eagle
>>
>>298337
It's not exactly service with a smile, but it's cheap, and it'll do for now.

You decide to go and meet with House Laval.

You leave the Scrawny Eagle and head towards the center of the city. Somewhere, you must have gotten lost, because you find yourself at a dead end. A man in a dragon's uniform steps out from around the corner.

"Excuse me, sir, have you paid your tithe?"

What now?
>>
>>298339
I am here by request of the throne. Speak with them if you demand payment.
>>
>>298435
Wasn't Fantastic 4 tracking similarly last year?

They are overly optimistic that it will make this much.

Realistic prediction would be in $30M..
>>
>>298443
I think so and that movie blew m8.
>>
WTF are you doing, QM?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.