[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate/Prototype Recursion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: FatePR.png (64KB, 580x380px) Image search: [Google]
FatePR.png
64KB, 580x380px
You take a single deep breath; there is no turning back from what you are about to do.
Familiar pain surges through your arm as your magic circuits open to the flow of mana.
You begin to chant:

"Fill, Fill, Fill, Fill, Fill;
Repeat five times, but destroy each when filled;
Let silver and steel be the essence;
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation"

In the dim starlit room, you begin pouring blood drop by drop from a crystal flask.
The magical circle you painstakingly traced on the ground starts to glow; the incantation is working.

"An ancestor, my great master, Schweinorg;
A wall to block the falling wind;
The four cardinal gates close;
From the crown, come forth and follow the forked road to the kingdom"

Wind picks up in the room, loose papers are thrown up in the air.
The circle is now glowing bright red from the incredible magic taking place.

"Let it be declared now;
Thy flesh shall come under my command and my fate shall be thy sword;
Abiding by the summons of the Holy Grail;
If you would submit to this will and reason, answer me!"

The sound is deafening, you have to yell to be heard above the thunderous roar of the world answering your call.
Your hand is branded by the three blood red marks about to seal the contract.

"I, Samuel Hammond, hereby swear;
I will be all that is good in the eternal world;
I shall dispose of all evil in the eternal world;
From the seventh heaven, attended to by three great words of power;
Come forth from the circle of constraint, Guardian of the heavenly scales!"

As you are blinded by the pure strength of the magic taking place, you look down at the catalyst you placed in the center of the circle.
Will it work? Will it be enough to ensure victory?

[What is that item?]
>An ancient tanned skin drum of Nordic origin ornamented with small bone fragments and runes. (Caster)
>A set of Japanese heavily scratched sword fittings stained with blood. (Saber)
>Pieces of a broken white mask, charred by fire. (Assassin)
>>
>>298219
>An ancient tanned skin drum of Nordic origin ornamented with small bone fragments and runes. (Caster)
>>
>>298219
>>An ancient tanned skin drum of Nordic origin ornamented with small bone fragments and runes. (Caster)
>>
>>298219
>A set of Japanese heavily scratched sword fittings stained with blood. (Saber)
>>
I'll give it some more time before proceeding since servant choice is a pretty important choice.
>>
>>298219
Shit man, are you doing Fuyuki all over again?
>>
>>298285
Not Fuyuki, but kinda similar I guess. More info will come in the next few posts.
>>
>>298219
>>An ancient tanned skin drum of Nordic origin ornamented with small bone fragments and runes. (Caster)
I might be a little late.
>>
>>298296
You're a new QM aren't you?
>>
>>298369
Yep, any tips you can give me? I have GM experience, but I don't know how well that will translate.
>>
The blinding light fades and the last few sheets of paper fall to the ground.
In front of you, an old man dressed in a loose white tunic and dirty cotton breeches sits in the center of the now faded circle. The parts of his face not covered by his long and thick beard are marked with deep wrinkles that show the passage of time. Hidden beneath his shaggy eyebrows, his piercing eyes stare at you with a slight look of incomprehension.
"Perkele! What is this place? And who are you?"
"I am Samuel, third generation magus of the Hammond family, your master in this holy grail war. You are in my workshop, on the outskirts of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. I trust you the grail has given you knowledge of the current era?"
The old man steadies himself with his wooden staff and gets up to your level. Despite his slight slouch, he towers above you by a good head. You can tell that under his baggy clothes lies a tough body trained by a life of hardship.
"Yes, of course. The holy grail, that bauble the Christians worship… Seven masters with seven servants fight for it and the last one standing gets the reward… Yes yes, I know of all this. As you are my master, I suppose introductions are in order."
Stumbling slightly, he straightens his back and takes on a imposing pose:
"I, am Väinämöinen, eternal bard and shaper of the kantele. Fate has brought us together and together we shall triumph. Of this, I swear."
"Very well, I do believe we will indeed… Now then, since the mage's association has recreated the grail of Fuyuki, perhaps we should go introduce ourselves to their representative and arbiter of the war, but then again, total secrecy might be the best..."

[What do you do?]
>Visit the arbiter
>Stay hidden and plan
>Go scout in the city
>Other
>>
>>298590
>Visit the arbiter
>>
>>298590
>>Stay hidden and plan
>>
>>298612
Switching to Stay hidden and plan
>>
>>298590
>>Stay hidden and plan
Time to go full Caster
>>
>>298590
>Stay hidden and plan
>>
>>298590

>Stay hidden and plan
>>
"I think it will be safer to lie low for now.
We don’t know how many servants have been summoned yet and a revealing our position could prove fatal, especially is Assassin is lurking around.
I've read reports of the old Fuyuki City wars and carelessness was a deciding factor more often than not."

Väinämöinnen takes a seat and ponders for a short while:

"That seems a slightly boring, but sensible decision. No sense seeking direct confrontation so early."

He closes his eyes and starts a low rhythmic humming.

At first, it's hard to perceive, but you can tell that the whole room is slowly pulsing to the man's voice.
As you listen, your vision blurs and the sounds of the city meld together with the rhythm.
Strangely, you can feel the flow of mana in your nerves and around you in a way that never happened to you before, as if the melody made the material world fade away from reality.

After what could have been either seconds or minutes, you cannot tell, you emerge from stupor as Väinämöinnen winds down his song.

"I have indentified places of interest for us to build a suitable workshop. Do you have a map?"

Still groggy from the powerful magic that took place, you pull out a road map you had prepared.
Slowly, Caster points out four places: The Castle, Gibside and a patch of land deep in the North Pennines AONB.
He also vaguely indicates docks near Sunderland, noting that they could also do, but barely.

"The strongest leylines pass through… here, and here: the Castle and the North Pennines.
The first seems to be rather exposed in the middle of the city and the second is the opposite, very far from anything at all.
This Gibside estate could do, but it's no nexus of power and these docks well… I suppose they would be really easy to hide in."

>We need all the power we can get, no matter the risk. We'll take the Castle for ourselves.
>Distance might hinder us, but it could very well be our salvation. North Pennines is the way to go.
>Gibside seems to me like a nice compromise and besides, a classical estate seems so nice to live in!
>If our enemy can't find us, they can't kill us. Time to acquire warehouse near the docks.
>>
>>308935
>>Distance might hinder us, but it could very well be our salvation. North Pennines is the way to go.
I was sure you were dead OP, glad to be wrong.
>>
>>308935
>>Distance might hinder us, but it could very well be our salvation. North Pennines is the way to go.
>>
>>308935
A hunter always takes the second or third best hiding place and lays a trap in the first, then when the other hunters come looking they will be our prey.
>>
(Disclaimer: I'm trying out the color tags, if they fail, please ignore them.)

>Distance might hinder us, but it could very well be our salvation. North Pennines is the way to go.

You point at the North Pennines AONB with the tip of the pen you were twirling:

"Powerful, yet distant. This will do."

You look closer to the map and find a small village about two kilometers off the marked spot.
By the looks of it, you should be able to find unimpressive, yet suitable, housing for the duration of the war.

The next morning, you gather your possessions in a three large suitcases and call a taxi.
As you open the front door, cold November air rushes in past you, leaving you slightly shivering in the morning light.
Väinämöinnen, in spirit form, whispers two words of power to the driver, making his consciousness fade.

"He won't remember the drive, both ways. We're safe from loose tongues."

The drive is uneventful; as you let your eyes wander, the city makes way to calm countryside and then to slow rolling plains, only populated by the village or isolated farm.
Two hours after you departed, the car comes to a halt in front of what was actually, to your surprise, an abandoned group of houses rather than a village.

"So much for comfort... At least no one will bother us here, I sup-"
"Come, Samuel. I must show you something."
"What is it?"
"Follow me, you will see."

You follow Caster for a while, seemingly walking towards nowhere.
After about ten minutes, he stops near the foot of a small hill covered in dry grass and stones.

"I trust you mean to show me more than a patch of nothing?"
"Yes! Behold, our stronghold!"

With these words, Väinämöinnen speaks in a language so otherworldly, you can't even begin to understand how the words actually sound.

Golden sparks rise up from the ground around and converge in front of the old man.
Out of thin air, a white bone harp with silver strings is conjured:

The first kantele, made out of the jawbone of the greatest pike that lived.

He grabs the harp and begins to play a rapid melody to accompany his voice.

The ground starts to shake. In a hundred places, it splits apart and stone rises up from the entrails of the earth.
At last, all around you, monoliths the size of a grown man litter the plain.
Carved upon them are thousands of ancient runes, glowing in response to the mystical song of the bard.

"I give you this! An ancient celt ritual ground, powerful magic took place here, that is for sure. "
"Splendid! We should take advantage of this boon right now... But what first?"

>Send familiars to scout Newcastle
>Strengthen the field into a magical workshop
>Prepare a powerful divination ritual
>>
>>311497
>>Strengthen the field into a magical workshop
I might be confused but is this the choice I want if I want to make a barrier to keep people from finding us or something like that?
>>
>>311497
>>Strengthen the field into a magical workshop
>>
>>311570
The mana output might make you easier to spot for a magically attuned person, but it will make Caster's magic drastically stronger.
>>
>>311593
Ah well, sounds like a fine trade off.
>>
Followup will be in a new thread tomorrow
>>
>>311832
Will updates happen at a more reasonable pace or is it gonna stay on the slow side?
>>
>>311848
There shouldnt be any super long gap between posts. Wont be super fast either because I have to work after all but it should be more regular.
>>
>>311869
Sweet. See ya next time OP.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.