[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Quest Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: 1440970315995.png (6MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1440970315995.png
6MB, 1500x6400px
Pretty simple, three votes for a race and three for a place.
>>
Fauns
Ruins
>>
>>298055
Serpentfolk
valley
>>
Daemon from hell
>>
Changing my vote to fauns in hell to be more fun.
>>
vampire
underground
>>
Machines in Hell
>>
>>298104
i'm changing into this, sounds fun as hell senpai
>>
>>298104
Let's just go with this so we can start
>>
>>298104
yess
>>
>>298104
Sounds good
>>
>>298104
Do this OP.
>>
>>298104
Alrighty.
>>
..Mainframe connection: LOST...
..Co-ordinates: LOST....
...Directive: Lost....
...Thought node connection: Established..

Pistons begin to rise and fall, steam rushing through long dead systems, great metal limbs strain against their rusting joints, sensors activating, their blank and featureless armoured face-visors gleaming against the flame. A legion of machines, all built of great steel plates and red brass, controlled by a central thought node, awaken, deep in the abyss, banished along with their long dead creator in centuries past.

The thousands march in absolute order to their armoury, and with only the noise of a battering ram in the distance, and the clanking of steel, they arm themselves. Matchlock Pistols and Maces for the multitude, accompanied by a rank of shieldbearers, standing at least twelve feet in height, massive shields embedded along one arm and the other taken up by a slightly smaller, sharp edged shield, allowing each one to form a shield wall. Some specific units wield long muskets, and the pride of the army, the Engineers Corps. wield the signature of the legion, the chainblade, a falchion like blade with a spinning chain of blades, designed to dig into bone and flesh, holding the enemy for repeated mace blows.

The Legion forms rank in the great stone entryway, shieldbearers forming the front rank, muskets aimed outward between the shields, chainblades on either flank, perhaps fifty or sixty ranks of maces and pistols. The hammer blows fall on the gate, and the ram eventually breaks through. Now, the demons rush in.

How do you fight?
>Aggresively?
>Moderately?
>Cautiously?
>Write-In
>>
>>298257
>>Aggresively?
>>
>>298257
Aggressively
>>
>>298257

>..RIP. AND.TEAR...
>>
>>298257
>Moderately
>>
>>298257
Moderately, keep the invaders locked behind our shields and fill them with pistol fire
>>
>>298297
This
>>
>>298257
A Civilization Quest playing as Machines YES Praise technology I've wanted for so long for a Civilization Quest like this.
>>Moderately
Show these demons what technology can do. And go with this idea>>298297
>>
>>298336
Machines Vs. Demons?
I never knew I wanted this.
Are we rolling to determine outcomes or?
>>
>>298336
>>298321
>>298297
>>298279

The enemy, a whirling mass of flesh, teeth and the furious rage of the underworld, meets the steel of the legion as soon as the gate collapses, a hail of bullets sailing into their ranks and hacking through them. Then another, then another, then another. By the time the foul creatures reach the line, their first four or five ranks have been mown down, their corpses rapidly decomposing into pathetic lemures. When the monsters reach the shieldwall, the muskets pull back, and the line falls into a rythm. The shield bearers shield bash the enemy and raise their shields, allowing one rank of pistoleers to fire a volley, before the shields slam down, and any stragglers are exterminated by mace.

The flanks are covered by the chainblades, and the whirling metal makes mincemeat of any demon that strays too close. Your line is silent asides from the rush of steam and the systematic gunfire of each rank. Hours pass, and gradually your men run out of ammunition, a fact rather humbled by the sheer mountain of demon-flesh left in the gateway. It seems, due to the turmoil in the demonic camp, you have some time to pause.

The legion currently dwells in a sealed, stone holdout underground, consisting of one now broken gateway, a corridor around twenty men wide, or ten shieldbearers, one large chamber at the end of the corridor, secured with a portcullis, behind which is a large barracks and armoury. A large workshop, staffed by the auxilliary non-combat units of the legion cares for weapons, but supplies run low. Your people do not need to sleep, but gunpowder for weapons and new metal will be needed.

You know of no mission for you, but you do possess one simple, general directive: Hold out. The thought node estimates that this order was given by a screaming dwarf, around fifteen hundred cycles previously, approximately 120 years.

You have a single day or so before the monsters return. What do you do?
(1D20 For actions, such as readjusting battle plans or laying traps, 1d100 for ideas and technology such as new armour, 2d6 for construction, such as digging out a mineshaft or building a new room in the workshop.)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>298373
Traps sound good, I'll roll for that.

Do the demons carry metal weapons, or just magicy bone weapons? Maybe we we can salvage some, or else get the non-combatants digging a mine.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>298373
Scout for resources
>>
Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d6)

>>298373
we need more resources for our future
>>
>>298373
Build fortifications!
(Sorry new here don't know how to roll)
How many actions can we take?
>>
>>298398
A few of them carry metal, some use claws, a few have been known to use steel for cannonry.

>>298400
>>298401
>>298398

The workers very quickly set to work salvaging materials, salvaging the weaponry of the demons. It is mostly just a mass of scrap and spikes, but it melts down all the same. With more metal available, quick repairs are made to equipment, and the gate hinges are repaired. With some further repair it may be re-sealed.

Some sparse traps are set, but by the time the demons return en masse, Lemures have dealt with them. The demons, this time, bring a more adequate host, headed by a larger, fatter and much more armoured bull-demon of a sort. It's unclear whether the muskets will be effective if fired in volleys against this foe.

>What do you do?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>298483
we need chainsaw spears
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>298483
Boars are temperamental, try to lure it away from the rest of their army, like a torero, then surround it, and bash it with maces which can bypass most of its armour, or cut through it with chainsaws.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 234x216px
>>298495
As cool as this sounds, it doesn't actually make any sense for machine people about to be in a fight.

>>298506
The shieldbearers on the flanks advance, so the line forms a forward wedge, and they begin to slam their shields into the ground, creating an immense amount of noise, spooking the great boar. The great beast lets out a roar, to the jeers of the other demons, flailing it's great tusks and bellowing in rage. The nose distracts it, enrages it , and pushes it forwards towards the centre.

Then, the attempt is made, some shieldbearers in reserve step back into the hole created by the wedge, trapping the demon, with the shieldbeaers on it's side slamming shields into it to try and hold it. It is a sound plan, or at least, it would have been, had it worked. The thing's flailing could not be contained by the steel shield, and it's flailing charge managed to cleave a line out from the trap, cleaving through two shieldbearers and several musketeers in the process. Fortunately, it's Armour has been chipped.

The savage hordes advance, the boar slamming into the shield line, surrounded by it's brethren. The corpses begin to pile up, as the shieldbearers are hard pressed to keep the line solid, only just holding back the sheer weight of the enemy. Mace blows fall hard on the demons, but teeth rip into the joints of soldiers, and units begin to go dark in the thought node.

>What do you do?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>298539
shieldbearers hold your ground
musketeers aim for the great boar upper body and detract it so the Robots with Maces go for its legs.
>>
Use the chainblades to pierce its armor?
>>
>>298582
That not fare this game can't end yet! Can someone else please give a idea please!
>>
>>298608
Sounds good but you are supposed to roll as well.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>298539
Try to use chainsaws to decapitate big demon.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>298539
Reform and push back the red scum, our advantage is found in organization and formation.
>go for the beasts short stubby legs.
>>
>>298617
stop namefagging, seen you everwhere fag
>>
>>298608
>>298627
Voting for this
>>
>>298539
Is this quest still alive please tell me it is.
>>
Dujhdne
>>
>>298539
Come back OP this had so much potential
>>
>>298539
Please come back.
>>
>>298539
Why did you end so soon?
>>
>>298539
OP plz this game looks amazing
>>
Christ, people are surprisingly eager for this. If you guys are here Tomorrow I'll have a go.
>>
>>303927
Sweet what time?
>>
>>303927
OP, keep your promise.
>>
>>303927
When are you coming back?
>>
Right, I got caught up with drama. I apologize profusely. I'll start a new thread and we can do this properly on Tuesday evening GMT. If you'd prefer, I can do it tomorrow, but I'm heavily limited by an assignment I need to finish.
>>
File: omar_mateen.jpg (76KB, 669x344px) Image search: [Google]
omar_mateen.jpg
76KB, 669x344px
>>307272
Nah son, quality over quantity every day. Do that assignment to the best of you abilities and come back to dm when you can.
>>
>>307272
quality over quantity and can you please tell us what time on Tuesday the quest will start.
>>
>>307382
5pm, BST (British Summer Time)
>>
>>307418
Thank you.
>>
There's no way for me to get information to all of you, but I just got really, really terrible sunburn all over my face, neck and arms. This has delayed my assignment substantially. After I've showered and been covered in sudacrem, I'll see if I'm up to writing.
>>
>>309903
Sorry to hear that hope you get better soon.
>>
Yeah, I'll be posting tomorrow, maybe slightly early.
>>
Shit, I have three active threads up. I just spent twenty minutes writing a new thread opening and it all got deleted.
>>
>>313311
Sorry to hear that.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.