/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Necromancy Quest # 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 8

File: NumbahOne.png (131KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
NumbahOne.png
131KB, 1000x700px
Continuing From Last Thread
>>262492

>>276380
>>276372
You decide to skip to the last (and presumably most complicated) chapter, the one titled True Resurrection. You feel a bit of a chill go through you, heart pounding in anticipation. After all, isn't immortality like this the reason people become necromancers in the first place? The idea of not dying, of being enduring, not having to worry about your own mortality...it's intoxicating, to say the least. So you're perverting the natural order of things or some such nonsense--what's natural about dying? It's disgusting and slow and painful and you'll have no part of it. You watched your grandfather die and it almost made you vomit. There was no clean, stately passing from this world to some better one; blood and vomit came up his throat until he choked on them, nurses trying to shove bits of plastic into his mouth. They dressed him up all nice at the funeral, but you saw right through that lie, even if you pretended to buy into all the "It looks like he's only sleeping" bull everybody else was shoveling.
Anyway, you open up to the last chapter...and it's nothing. There's barely a paragraph there.
True Resurrection is the goal of the necromancer, and yet it is also his greatest enemy. It is impossible to truly bring a person back from beyond the seventh gate of death, to restore their body, mind, and soul to life. The greatest healers and battlers-off of death from across the world have been trying for many hundreds of years, and none have succeeded. To the eager apprentice who wishes to know all I have to say on the subject of True Resurrection, here it is in print: do not attempt it. Even the blue pen has something to add. "Don't die to begin with, stupid" is written below, in larger print than usual due to the extra space on the page.
Well...that's disheartening.
You look through for things about multiple people summoning the same spirit, and find it way near the end of the chapter about simple shades (animal) at the beginning of the book. It's brief, just a sentence or two, but you get the sense that it's pretty rare, and that spirits usually operate on a first-summoned, first-serve basis. Whoever raised them gets their loyalty until the summoner dies or permanently unsummons/unbinds them, which is not common. Others can still summon the spirits, but they tend to be whisked away to their original summoner if there's ever a conflict. Unpleasant for everyone involved. Not a word on the actual necessity of using chalk vs paint or pencil, it's just included in the materials list. That's certainly worth checking into. Make summonings a lot easier.
(1/2)
>>
The "don't die to begin with stupid" part is reassuring. We may be able to learn how to become a lich, and thus immortal that way.
>>
>>276449
Lying back in bed, you decide to look around the house with the seeing-stone ring. Holding it up to your eye, you can see the faint outline of three auras, three faint subtle fires burning through the walls, one much more clearly than the others. The one closest to you is definitely Mia. It's a sort of aquamarine, with tinges of green along the edges. It also seems to be burning brighter than the jogger's was. Is that just because of distance? Maybe because she's younger?
To your surprise, you can actually sort of make out what she's doing from the changes in her aura's position. Looks like she's sitting currently, hands stretched out...typing on the computer. You wonder what she's writing, and almost regret dismissing Skunkbro. Nah, he'd earned a rest.
You turn to look at your parents, both in their bedroom a few rooms down. Their auras are much fainter, harder to see through four or five walls. Both of them are lying down, next to each other. Looks like they're asleep; you're not sure if it's the right way to describe it, but their auras seem to have dimmed a little. Probably because they're sleeping, or age? It's hard to tell, having not seen too many in the past. (2/2)
>Anything else to do?
-------------------------------
Last Time, on Modern Necromancy Quest!
You, MICHAEL REMIC, went to your sister MIA'S high school orientation day and found a SEER named LIANA who can sense magical energies. If ROBIN, your summoned bird-skeleton is to be believed, she may have SIX IDENTICAL TWINS. In addition to these possible twins, she's RACHEL's sister. RACHEL is the ENCHANTRESS you had a run-in with when your side-quest from the WITCH took you to a BAKERY in town a while back. She didn't see you, you heard her. You introduced yourself and got LIANA'S cell number. You succeeded in opening the MYSTERIOUS BOX found at JACOB'S GRAVE and found it contained a SEEING STONE in the shape of a RING. It allows you to see AURAS and other magical things. You went to the CEMETERY to update the WITCH on the situation and look at JACOB'S GRAVE. You found a number of MARKINGS hidden to the naked eye but visible to the SEEING STONE RING that you are in the process of decoding, but did not find the WITCH.
You are currently at home, FUCKING AROUND before bed.
>>
>>276503
How tech literate are we? I assume we have a personal computer cause we did order the book. Either way, I think it's best we send a text message to Liana asking to talk to her over an encrypted medium. We could use tox, a throwaway email, or even an irc room.
>>
>>276482
My thoughts and hopes, exactly.

>>276482
I think it might actually be worthwhile to see if Mia would like to meet Skunkbro. As long as we're there with her and she's not summoning him without our knowledge, I don't think it'll do any harm.

Also, we never went out and collected the rest of Skunkbro's bones. It might be an idea to go do that.

And if you were to wind up writing incest smut, you could put it into a pastebin as an optional read and just gloss over it in the quest proper. Alternatively, you could share the pastebin somewhere off the board, like in a Discord server.
>>
>>276534
>I don't think it'll do any harm
Death flag right there. We should at least wait till Skunkbro has rested a little so we can discuss this matter with him first.
>>
>>276553
If we were to summon him with a nice offering, it would restore his energy and he'd be back to full capacity on arrival. I do agree, though, that it would probably be a good idea to talk with him about letting Mia summon him before we just give her the reigns, in case we're missing something here.
>>
>>276553
I agree with this. Let the dead rest. We don't want to waste our promise of a real nice offering for a short summon.
>>
Going to sleep after this, see you all again tomorrow. If I'm late, post grasshoppers. Should work.
>>276534
Fun fact, I've been complimented on my smut more than once. I do have to remember to set up an IRC/Discord some time and catch up on pastebin cliff notes as well.
>>276514
>>276534
You grab your phone off the table where you'd left it to charge when you came in, and scroll through your contacts, finding Liana fairly quickly. You start a new "draft" and start tapping something out. It's more than a little awkward, and you end up erasing the whole thing and starting over more than once. Finally, you end up with something you like, and hit send.
"Hey Liana, it's Michael. I want to talk about some of what we discussed today, but I'd like to do so privately. Are you familiar with IRC? If not, I can suggest a client for you to download so that we can talk." You had to resist the urge to add something about 'where hackers go to talk when they don't want to be overheard', but figured it might go over her head.
You think about introducing Skunkbro or Robin to Mia, about revealing the whole thing to her. It might make things a bit easier, if you did it right...then again, it might also end with you in a mental hospital if you did it wrong. Best to talk it over with Skunkbro first anyway, and you probably won't be summoning him until tomorrow morning at the earliest. You try to think of the best way to approach it.
It's sort of like coming out of the closet, isn't it? Broach the topic a little off-handed, you know, mention something about magic and see how she takes it, then use that to gauge if you should keep going or back off. Still, it'd be a lot easier without all the corpses involved. Probably a good thing you never summoned one of the greater physical forms; from what you'd read in the grimoire, they tended to be pretty meaty, and more than a little rank after a couple of days in the sun.
>>
>>276575
oh boy a cliff hanger. I'm anxious to see how Liana will respond to us. >inb4 she invites us to some deep underground irc chatroom on an irc server we have never even heard of
>>
Reminder to think up ways to convert Mia to our side, preferably with us teaching her. Also think on what excuses we might need to come up with in case Liana comes up with more difficult questions. I'm heading to bed but I'll probably think something up before Skelly shows up tomorrow.
>>
>>276591
>>276684
why are you guys so set on revealing us to Mia? I don't get it, it's stupid and we shouldn't do it.
>>
>>277298

I agree, I don't see the point. And she dislikes us so it's a bit too big of a risk.
>>
>>277298
Just seems like a bit of fun to have an assistant and a friend in the whole magic business. Can't be sure that Liana and Enchantress will stay friendly. I do agree that it's not worth risking, but if a more successful looking approach comes up I would likely take the chance. And then get screwed over by the dice gods resulting in a dead end.
>>
>>277371
I think it's a better idea to introduce on of our friends to the craft rather than our sister.
>>
>>277393
I'd rather not introduce anyone we know to magic. At least not until we're more powerful and can throw fireballs and lightning around.
>>
>>277371
There won't be a dead end, because there are no dead ends in life, excepting the last one. Things would get messy and difficult and you'd probably have to start from scratch, but as long as people are still interested, I'll keep running it.
>>
I finally got caught up after missing part 2, I suggest we end up going to the supermarket to get all the optional ingredients and extra fresh version of everything (fresh stuff is better if I remember) for summoning skunkbro to see if it causes him to be more powerful
>>
>>277298
>>277318
There's good reasons to get Mia to enjoy our necromancy hobby: it eliminates her as a tattling threat, it generates an ally for us in case we get into trouble, it produces a second pair of hands for us in case we could use help with something, and it could even bring us an assistant willing to deliver/procure stuff for us in places we can't reach due to scheduling conflicts (or other reasons).

It could also lead to incest.
>>
>>277298
>>277318
Seriously though, imagine a scenario much later than now where we're dragging a dead human body into the cellar (nevermind how we got it, because I'm not gonna try to predict that), and Mia catches us in the middle of it. The Mia that we never introduced to this world will see us in handcuffs in less than five minutes, whereas the Mia that we revealed our hobby to and doesn't mind it will go distract our folks so we can hurry up and get it hidden.

Granted this does come at the risk of creating the Mia that DOES mind our hobby, but one way or another that bomb's eventually gonna explode anyway if we DON'T fill her in.
>>
>>278681
If we are going to reanimate human bodies I suggest we do it in the forest.
>>
>>278691
I didn't imagine we'd be reanimating it in the basement. That would be stupid and borderline suicidal.

However, we might not be able to get them directly to our forest hideaway. My idea for putting the body in the basement is purely for temporary storage purposes.
>>
>>278700
If we won't be able to get it directly to the forest, we still shouldn't store it in the basement. Still way too risky
>>
>>278789
If we happen across a human body that isn't being expected somewhere dead or alive, we're not gonna just pass that up, and if we can't get it to the forest clearing, we're not just gonna let it lay. We're gonna wind up putting it in the basement because it's the only other place we have.

Besides, it's a hypothetical situation. I'm not suggesting we actually go out and do that right now. If and when we find a body, we might have better storage arrangements. Speaking of which, we need to make plans to get to the hospital at some point and find our way down to the morgue.
>>
>>278854
I can't really imagine a situation why we wouldn't be able to get to the forest. So we will see if it comes to that.
>>
Christ, we have a lot of shit we need to do at some point. I'm gonna try to list everything I remember here:

>retrieve the rest of Skunkbro's remains
>get to the hospital
>tell the Witch that we're in close quarters with the Enchantress and the Seer now
>(maybe) return the original copy of the recipe
>attempt to raise Jacob's shade
>contact the Seer again
>reveal our necromancy hobby to Mia
>get to the hospital
>find more places to store stuff
>get more money
>get Skunkbro a really nice offering
>get a grimoire that discusses more topics
>get some wards put up
>bed Liana
>bed Rachel
>bed Mia
>bed Charlie
>>
>>278911
>get rest of skunkbros remains
why do we need the rest of skunkbros remains? The book warned not to use him in more than one ritual.
>get to the hospital
why do we need to go to the hospital?
>find more places to store stuff
the place buck showed us was completely perfect, in fact I think we should go back there and create some zombies to build us a nice living space in that cave
>>
I think informing the witch is highest priority now, we also need to ask her about wards and ask her if she learned anything about the magic sisters.
>>
>>278956
The Witch? The same Witch that pretty flat out wouldn't tell us anything.
>>
>>278930
>why hospital
Rumours of suicide cases walking out of the morgue, two pretty recently
>>
>>278930
>why do we need the rest of skunkbros remains? The book warned not to use him in more than one ritual.
We don't want his bones falling into the hands of another magic user. Intentionally or unintentionally, they could really disrupt our shit. We might also be able to fully release Skunkbro to completely unbind him from us, and then re-summon him as a true shade. Even if we can't do that, Skunkbro might like for us to do something with his remains, like maybe give them a proper burial.

>why do we need to go to the hospital?
That's the whole reason we got into necromancy: we heard reports of two bodies getting up off the slab and just walking out. We need to find out what's going on. Hopefully, we'll find ourselves a necromancy teacher.

>the place buck showed us was completely perfect
It's only MOSTLY perfect. It has an inherent problem in that it's not easy for us to reach. We could use a good middle ground between our easy-access but high-risk cellar and our very safe but "fuck if we'll find time to get there tonight" forest clearing.
>>
File: grasshopper_pie_for_skelly.jpg (300KB, 826x550px) Image search: [Google]
grasshopper_pie_for_skelly.jpg
300KB, 826x550px
I think I got this, guys.

O great and majestic quest master of the void, hear my voice and come now to the land of clover!
>>
>>279726
Since you asked. Won't be around for long tonight, maybe two hours. Writing.
>>
>>276575
You wait a few minutes, spent messing around on your phone, before receiving a reply. Somehow, you expected more text-talk, but she seems to be sticking to a slightly more formal tone.
"It's late. I should be asleep. You have a mirror near you?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Just find a mirror."
Grumbling about crazy septuplets and magic bullshit, you walk across the hall to the bathroom and fish a hand-mirror out of the drawer. Mia uses it to help see the back of her head when doing her hair in the morning, and has told you this about eleven million times when you inevitably forget and ask why the normal full-size mirror on the wall isn't enough. Came in hand now, anyway.
You bring it back to your room and sit down, sending Liana a text confirming that yes, you've got a mirror. Thirty or so seconds later, it...shimmers.
The best way to describe it is a pebble being dropped into a puddle of mercury, but rather than dissipate, the ripples bounce off the edges of the mirror and each other, until the entire mirror is covered in these tiny waves. In an instant, they clear, and it's a mirror again...but it's not reflecting you. Instead, you can see an image of Liana staring back at you. It's more than a little unnerving.
"W-well that's impressive." You manage to get out, clearing your throat. How'd she manage that? You thought she was a seer, not a sorcerer. It would be a sorcerer who could do that kind of spell...right?
"Mirror on my end is magic. Connects to another if I know the person holding it and they want to contact me. Got it off a Wright in Providence." she answers, as if anticipating your question. "It's only good for an hour or so in a certain range, but as far as I know nobody can tap into it and I don't have to worry about chat logs. So. What do you want?"
You clear your throat again and hold the mirror up, trying to collect your thoughts.
"Well, I just wanted to continue our discussion from earlier. I had a few questions about magic in general. Like, those six classes you mentioned; are they the only ones, or just the main ones?" Liana pulls a face.
"It's complicated. Technically, no. But in practice, yes. It's not unheard of for somebody to have powers outside of those six, but it's super rare, and people used to fight over them a lot. There are three more, but I always forget them...Druids and Shamans are one of them I think...Wait, why do you want to know?"
>how do you respond?
>other questions to ask?
>>
>>280050
"oh I'm just trying to figure how everything works. Is it possible to be involved with different classes of magic at the same time? For instance, a sorcerer who mostly just deals with fire, a pyromancer, they might be able to do something a warlock could do like summon a fire elemental, right?"
>>
>>280050
I kinda wanted to ask about auras. From what I gather, people generally only have one, but I heard about someone recently that had a whole bunch of them somehow.
>>
>>280106
oooh I like this one
>>
>>280094
>>280106
"Huh. Well, I'm just trying to figure out how everything fits together. Like, is it possible for somebody to have abilities from different classes? A sorcerer who specialized in fire summoning fire elementals, that sort of thing?" Liana chews her lip for a second before answering.
"Not as far as I know? But I'm not exactly certain." She takes a breath, and launches into an explanation. "What I've been told is this; each class uses a different type of energy, call it mana, or chi, or whatever, to perform their magic. Sorcerers use one type, Warlocks like you use another. It's like having a hammer versus a screwdriver--they're going to do different things, and they can't really do whatever it is the other one can. Also, the energy types are supposedly not really compatible, for example, a sorcerer can't strengthen a Wright's golem. Like hammering a screw, I guess. I think the three weird classes work differently though. Anyway, everybody emits their energy type and it changes the way their aura looks, which is why I can tell them apart, for the most part." You nod a few times, digesting the information.
"Speaking of auras, I had a question related to that as well. From what I gather, most people only have one, right? But I hear about someone recently that had a bunch of them somehow." Liana suddenly starts coughing, as though something's stuck in her throat. After a moment, it seems to clear up, but she doesn't look too well.
"Well, uh, it's pretty common for auras to change a little over time." She says, her voice a little hoarser than before. "And, of course, they can change totally with strong emotion."
"Really? Like, completely change?"
"Oh yeah, you'd never know it was the same aura." She coughs a little again, then looks at you oddly. "Do you live at home, Michael?"
"W-what? Yeah, for now. I'm leaving for college next year though...why?"
"Do your parents know about what you can do?"
>how do you answer?
>>
>>280234
"no they don't... Are you implying there is some sort of place I can go to live among other magic users with?"

Also, I figured out why we are different. She mentioned "other classes" like druids and shamans, but these are guys are the type that invoke nature or give offering instead of invoking their own magic. I think that since we invoke runes and burn stuff, we are like these guys, we don't have a special magic aura, we get the energy for the magic from the offerings and from the spirits themselves.
>>
>>280234
>Are you alright? You don't look too well. But to answer your question, no they don't.
>>
>>280234
Not yet. I'm trying to figure out how to tell them without creating a catastrophe.

>>280265
That's what I was thinking. The aura that the Seer perceives on us isn't ours; it's just -stuck- to us. Forever.
>>
>>280234
No, why would they? And why are you asking?
Seems suspicious as hell to just bring that up.

>>280265
Or it could mean that the three rare classes can multiclass since they would have their own mana and then the offerings and stuff on the side. Is it time to become a Wizard Necromancer?
>>
>>280290
nah dude, the aura she saw was just the bone in our pocket. We have a normal aura.
>>
>>280294
Yes, I think we should become a wright. Why stop at undead life? We should be making all forms of artificial life. Imagine a mining operation run entirely by golems. Hell, imagine a research facility run by golems and spirits. We could go to the fucking moon!
>>
>>280295
When we asked if our pocket was really that dark, she said "all of you is pretty dark", and that it seemed to be centered on the bone. The witch also said that we "smell of foul magick" or something like that. I'm pretty sure that the necromantic energies of the summons is stuck to us.
>>
Maybe she's asking because magic is usually inherited from parents or something.
>>
>>280316
maybe we can still multiclass but all our stuff will have to be negative energy themed because our aura got tainted. We could learn sorcery and learn to cast bolts of negative energy or drain life. We could become an enchantress and cast curses on things. We could become a witch and created cursed items or necromantic potions. We could like I said, become wrights and create shells for the spirits we call. There is probably a necromancer subgroup for every magical class.
>>
>>280352
I can get behind this idea. I don't know if we can just -learn- to be these other things or not, but if we can then we should absolutely do it. I dunno about making golems though; effecting the physical world like that is kind of attention-grabbing, and we're not exactly using these spirits for combat. If we can find a niche to file with possessed golems though, I definitely support this.
>>
>>280265
>>280294
>>280290
>>280286
You give a short sigh.
"No, they don't. I've been thinking of letting my sister in on the secret, but it's kind of hard to figure out how to tell somebody about this sort of thing without creating a catastrophe. Why do you ask?" It strikes you that this is a somewhat suspicious question...can she tell where the mirror she's talking to is? You have no idea where she and her sister live (beyond a vague direction and a 10-mile radius, at least) but she could know exactly where you are, and if she threatens to tell your parents...well, it's certainly time to start learning about wards, to say the least. Liana shrugs.
"Well, our parents never knew about what we do. I talked about seeing things a little when I was younger, they figured I was just a goofy kid with an overactive imagination, and I learned not to talk about it if I didn't want to get weird looks." She smiles a little "And nobody was surprised at Rachel keeping the boys twisted around her finger."
"Past tense?"
"Sorry?"
"Your parents never knew about what you do? Are they...?"
"Um, y-yeah. A car crash a few years ago. Rachel was old enough, so she became my legal guardian. It's just been us ever since."
"I'm sorry. That must have been hard."
"Well, we've gotten by. There's always work for an Enchantress."
"That's good at least."
"Yeah." There's a bit of a pause, Liana just staring at the ground for a minute. You feel sort of sorry for her; you can't imagine losing your parents like that, and so young too. She must have been just a middle-schooler at the time.
>do you say anything?
>ask more questions, volunteer info?
>>
>>280376
"do you think we could hang out sometime, maybe learn something about eachother's magic?"
>>
>>280376
Tell her we wanna sleep with our sister.

Wait no, bad idea. Ask her if there's anything she would like us to do to help her feel better, suggest maybe changing the subject to get her mind off of it and ask if she and her sister know anything about the Witch in the cemetery.
>>
>>280376
>Have you told anyone normal about your magic? How did they react?
>>
>>280416
I worded that poorly. I meant to ask if anyone ever believed her.
>>
>>280316
>>280295
"Your aura looks pretty normal, maybe a little more vibrant than usual, but that's not too strange. But then, sort of outside of that, on top of your aura, that's where things get weird. It's like a black mist, or a cloud or something. If you've ever dropped dry ice in water, it looks a little like that. Some of it's sort of pooling near your backpack pocket. So I'm guessing there's something powerful in there?"
From Liana, last thread.
>>
>>280431
aha I knew it! Our aura is normal. The necromancy doesn't use our energy it is self contained by the offerings and spirits! Fuck yeah boys! You know what this means? DUAL CLASS MOFO. We gonna be casting drain life and shit.
>>
>>280441
Before we get wrapped up in ideas, we also need to consider and research the process of becoming a lich.
>>
>>280457
>become proficient at combing necromancy and golem creation by choosing wright as our class
>create a true shade and bind it to a body so it can do the same to us when we die
>lichhood achieved.
I believe we can summon flesh golems and bind true shades to them, thus making liches. We should be able to make jacob a lich.
>>
>>280477
I meant create, not summon. The golem is created, the shade is summoned.
>>
>>280482
When we summon him, if we like him, we can definitely ask if he'd want us to do that.
>>
Last post of the night, boys.
>>280405
>>280416
You glance at her, still absorbed in thought about...something.
"Hey, Liana?" Her head snaps up, hair bouncing.
"Yeah?" she answers, a little too quickly, too cheerfully.
"Do you want to hang out sometime, maybe learn something about each other's magic?" As soon as the words are out of your mouth, you realize the problem there. If she ever sees your actual magic, things will get complicated. At the very least you'd probably have to explain things in a...favourable light, with more than a little sleight of hand. She blushes a little and looks up.
"Maybe. I have your number now, so I can text you tomorrow if you want and maybe figure out a time that works for both of us? I am really curious to see a warlock in person. I hear the incantations are really something."
"They certainly are." You reply, ignoring the growing feeling of panic related to her and Rachel figuring out this whole charade. "Have you ever told anybody about your magic that was, uh, normal? Did they believe you?" She shakes her head
"No. Like I said, if you start telling people about all the crazy energies and auras you see, they start wanting to shove pills down your throat and stick you in padded rooms. Besides, most of the people I know are a part of the community anyway. It's a lot easier that way. You haven't told any of your friends, right? I know you said you hadn't told anyone in your family, but..."
"No, nobody. I haven't really seen any of them within the past few days. Summer vacation and all."
"That's probably for the best. I know it might seem cruel, but you probably want to start associating more with the community. It's not far to Providence, and even Bridgeport has a few groups."
"Seriously? You expect me to drop all of my friends just like that?" She looks a little surprised.
"Well, Michael, were they ever really your friends? You can't tell me you ever truly connected with them. I know you've only started using your power in the last few days, but you've had it since birth! We all have! You can't tell me that's not the sort of thing that keeps you from really 'clicking' with a person."
"I guess..."
"You'll understand in time. It'll become a pretty big part of your life, if it hasn't already, and if you can't share such an important thing with somebody, then they're not much of a friend, are they? It's better just to keep to ourselves, not interact too much with them."
>how do you respond?
>other?
>>
>>280605
"Thanks. It feels reassuring to have a chance at finally being understood", then give her a smile.

this really gets me in the feels ;_;
>>
>>280605
This is getting too far and too complicated. We need to ask her what her views are on necromancers, because we might know about one or two in the area.
>>
>>280655
if that doesn't give her the impression that we are one, I don't know what will. It's best we save this for our date tomorrow.
Battleplan:
>hang out with her tomorrow
>get a good look at her aura through the looking glass
>ask her how she feels about necromancers
>confess, and tell her that we think we may still be able to learn another class of magic
>sex her
>>
>>280675
Obviously we're referring to the necromancer in the hospital morgue.
>>
>>280655
>>280675
Just frickin say it, for pete's sake. She's going to find out anyway, and the longer we beat around the bush, the more pissed she'll be. It's like ripping off a band-aid at this point.
>>
>>280871
If she's not hot on necromancers and sees them the same way a stereotypical bible belt asshole sees them there gays and fagusexuals, it'd be nice if we got that out of her without getting immediately pegged as a graverobber, that way we can close hailing frequencies and get defenses before she figures it out.
>>
>>280678
That'd be a great conversation lead in. Bring up the corpse walking out of the morgue and say something about maybe a necromancer being behind it. Then we ask her about necromancers and her thoughts on them.
>>
>>280985
This. We gotta probe the water before jumping into it, and I think that doing it when we're just casually hanging out tomorrow will work fine.
>>
I've got a fucking great idea for after we get the rest of Skunkbro's body. Let's put the herbed libation and some burnt turkey into a small ziplock bag, and then put the sealed bag and one of Skunkbro's bones together into a larger bag. Repeat with multiple bones and multiple bags.

Whenever we need to summon Skunkbro or restore his stamina, just pull an offering pack out, smack the small bag to burst it open, and say whatever's appropriate.
>>
Guys, I'm just going to say; you are thinking about Multiclassing way too much

We dont know the extent of Necromancy yet; we basically got a handbook for "Raising The Dead For Dummies"

We might not need to spec into a Wright to make a Lich, we might not need to spec into a Sorcerer to Life Drain. I say we need to do more research into our main school; see what we cant do before we fill those gaps
>>
>>281618
The problem is ALL we have is 'necromancy for dummies'. While I agree that a more detailed grimoire or better yet a mentor would be best we should take every learning opportunity we can get on any magical subject.
>>
>>280985
This. we jumped way too quickly on the doing magic together bit without thinking it through. This, at least, is a good way to bring it up.
>>
Are we sure we can even multiclass. From what we heard these magic classes are a thing you are born with and maybe anyone can become a necromancer with the knowledge.
>>
>>280605
Ask her about the hospital incidents.
Also ask the witch about them later on.
>>
>>281758
well we might have some innate magic in us
>>
>>280605
Thanks for the session skelly
>>
>>281758
Maybe there's some kinda necromantic ritual where you sacrifice someone and get their power or something
>>
>>281811
great Idea because power
bad Idea because sacrifice
>>
>>281817
Did you think a Necromantic ritual WOULDNT want a sacrifice?
>>
>>281873
I mean that people would miss a human being and we could be found out real easy and I'm pretty sure that's some taboo shit right there if there was no risk of being caught then i would say go right ahead
>>
>>281807
I'm hoping for this too. Liana did say our aura is a little more bright than normal.
>>
>>282242
Why? I think it'd be more interesting to have no innate magic
>>
>>282382
I could see how it may be more interesting to be a plain jane. That might even lead us onto the road of being an artificer, that is, using other people's magic artifacts to achieve a semblance of being magical. We could also learn more about shamanism and druids, and discover all the magic we can do with external energy sources.
>>
>>282398
We could learn about shamanism, you mean. If druidic society in this quest world is traditional, we CAN'T learn it; the powers used by it may not be latent to the practitioner, but you still have to be born into druidic society to learn the rituals. If a druid were to break tradition and teach us, they and anyone that they have taught would probably be marked for death.

Again though, this is assuming that we're looking at traditional druids here.
>>
Will be a little late, start writing in 30 min.
>>
File: milk.png (93KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
milk.png
93KB, 640x426px
>>283447
pour this libation on yourself to strengthen your writing bones.
>>
File: 386.gif (237KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
386.gif
237KB, 320x320px
>>283464
>>
File: revenant.png (64KB, 310x396px) Image search: [Google]
revenant.png
64KB, 310x396px
>>283464
>>
Leggooo
>>
>>280605
"I think I get what you're saying. Thanks. It feels reassuring to have a chance at finally being understood." You answer, feeling more than a little sick to your stomach. You can't help feeling like a faker, like a pretender. Liana smiles, and her face...ripples? Ah, the mirror. Looks like it's starting to shut off. The ripples are growing again and her face is fading, starting to be replaced by your own.
"It's getting late, Michael, go to bed! Text you tomorrow!" she calls, her words distorted by the decomposing magical thread connecting your mirror to her own.
You sit down and think for a long time about what you two talked about. Putting it all together, it seems like the three "weird" classes are a sort of cheat--they take advantage of energy available in the world, rather than drawing on the caster's own energies to perform magic. You wonder if you could therefore use shamanism as well as necromancy? That'd certainly be pretty cool, but it's probably best to rein things in for now; you get the feeling that you are, at most, a level-one apprentice here, and it might not be a good idea to get in over your head with this sort of thing.
You stealthily return the mirror to the bathroom, not wanting Mia in your hair about stealing her stuff, and head to bed. It's been an interesting night, if not nearly as productive as the last few, and it feels good to catch up on your sleep.
------
The next morning, you wake up, blinking at an unexpected ray of sunlight. You'd forgotten to close your blinds last night and now it is entirely too bright for sleep. Oh well, time to start the day. You swing up out of bed and after your morning ablutions (piss, brush teeth, brush hair, wash face, etc.) you shamble back to your bedroom and plunk down on the bed. Where to start? Probably a good idea to check if Liana texted you.
You detach your phone from the charging cord and turn it on. It buzzes, and a text pops up on the screen. You smile and open it, Liana's contact popping up. She wants to meet some time in the afternoon, three being the suggested time, and asks if you have a private spot, "away from prying eyes."
You wonder if you should tell her about the spot in the forest. It is a little private, and if all your necromancy stuff is going to be there, it might not be a good idea to let her in on the location. Then again, you're not really sure of any other secluded places nearby other than the basement, which is a little too close to home for your tastes.
While thinking, you realize that three o'clock is pretty far away. It's only about ten, giving you five hours before you meet up with her (wherever that may be.) That's more than enough to get anywhere you want, even if you decide to take your bike instead of the car. Time to fish out the to-do list.
>Where do you want to meet Liana?
>What do you want to do in the intervening time?
>>
>>283603
Actually, it might be a good idea to check out the woods because buck only requires wine and therefore will be an easy way to show her our magic. It would also be fun to go riding on buck, and maybe to just chill with a cute grill in the midst of nature.
In the meantime untill then, let's go check the basement for robin.
>>
>>283603
Let's ask if we can meet Liana at her place. If her sister is the only person she lives with, then that sounds like a perfect place to be away from prying eyes. Let's only show her the clearing in the forest if she's down with necromancers.

In the meantime, we really need to tell her that we have a sensitive question for her that we need to ask as soon as possible, before we meet up again.
Naturally, I mean that we need to ask her about necromancers.
>>
>>283636
I change mine to this. We could just take robin with us and summon her with a pinkprick of blood at her house.
>>
>>283657
This is a good idea, but I don't think we gave Robin an instruction for what to do when she finished scouting. If she didn't retire to the clearing when she finished, we might have to go rooting around to find her...
>>
>>283636
I agree with this. I also think we should look online for another necromancy grimoire like the ones the Witch mentioned (Yate or Dee's), or some other type of book where we can learn about the magic of this world.
>>
>>283603
Is there a a private place near the hospital? If there is if she asks why we chose this spot we can bring up that we heard about zombies in the morgue and thought it'd be fun to check out. We can broach the subjct of necromancers and check her reaction.
>>
>>283676
I propose we go learn native american shaministic rituals, or Caribbean voodoo since that even seems to involve some necromancy. Either way, I think there is a whole caste of magic users who use external magical energy instead of their own and for some reason they are generally shunned by magic users that use internal energy.
>>
>>283603
>make a makeshift saddle out of carpet and thick cloth underneath
>bring robin's bone
>make sure she is cool with necromancy
>summon robin to bring a piece of buck
>summon buck
>put leather strap in bucks mouth for something to hold onto
>reach out hand and invite her on back
>ride with her to the clearing
>romance her and try reaaaally hard to not get a boner
>schedule next date 2-3 weeks later
>sex with her but
>>
>>283691
>summon Buck remotely
>"... 3 dead and 7 injured in the crash. Eyewitness accounts of the event describe the flying objects to have been the bones of some large horned animal. Police are still..."
>>
>>283636
Meeting at her place is a pretty good idea, if a bit forward of us. We agreed that bringing up the morgue happenings was the way to start that conversation right?

>>283657
What do we need Robin for? All we asked of her was to look for herbs, nothing important.

>>283676
This also sounds good. Surely we can manage to find another shady source to buy a book. The other alternative would be to head to Providence in person and just visit some huge library, which sounds fun anyway.
>>
>>283720
liana will say something like "so show me your magic", then we just get out the bones and drop a pinprick of blood on them before she can react. The best way to prove necromancers are not evil is to show how benign the process is.
>>
>>283686
Ooh, this. If Liana doesn't wanna meet at her place, we can definitely suggest this.

We still need to ask her about necromancers before we actually meet up today. Maybe we can get Liana to do another brief mirror calling?
>>
>>283735
we can just ask her about necromancers while we are on the date. Seems less awkward that way.
>>
>>283742
We need to do it before we meet her, though. It's gonna be a hell of a lot more awkward if we suddenly clam up about our magic and excuse ourselves from her company when she says that all necromancers need to be purged from the face of the world.
>>
>>283734
That happens after we learn that she's cool with necromancers right? I'd be pretty upset if some dude I didn't know all that well bought some bones to my house and suddenly summoned a creature from the dead.
>>
>>283750
we could find a way to deal with that if it happens. Come on man, this is a quest, we gotta leave some room for problems.
>>
>>283761
This is what revealing ourselves to Mia is for.

And also trying to reveal ourselves to Mia.
>>
>>283751
yeah of course.
>>
>>283751
It also happens if we find out that she's not cool with necromancers because they're all evil, but she's willing to give us a chance. We show her that our summons aren't murderous and hungry for destruction and chaos; they're just departed souls that appreciate the chance to experience the world again.
>>
>>283780
this. she probably wouldn't take our word, but we can certainly show her how harmless they are.
>>
>>283780
this sounds pretty good just bring robin and have her fly around and be chill for a bit
>>
That reminds me, did we talk to Robin and Skunkbro about telling Liana the truth yet? We should do that and get their opinion on the matter before meeting with her.
>>
>>283636
>>283676
>>283657
You reply, taking your time in tapping out a reply. The forest is nice, but you'd prefer to keep it private. Best to keep the ball in her court, especially where this sort of thing is concerned. You suggest her place as a meet-up, and admit you don't have much private space available for what you're going to be doing. You wait a few minutes, but after she doesn't text back pretty quickly, you figure you might as well do something while you wait.
You head downstairs and find the kitchen empty. Mom and Mia both appear to be out of the house, presumably on some errands or something, so you grab a banana for breakfast and then head back upstairs to do some research.
You get the feeling that there's a lot more to necromancy than just summoning a couple of shades and skeletons. Time to find out what that "more" is, preferably by getting another book, or just looking around online.
You remember the Witch mentioning other grimoires similar to the one you have already...what were they called again? Yate's and...Dee's, right? You google them. Unsurprisingly, they're not available on Google Books, and hard copies aren't just popping up on Amazon. A more general search brings up...a lot of stuff. Like, a lot. Knowing what you do (not very much) it's more than a little difficult to sort out fact and fiction, but you figure out a few small things.
Most cultures agree that necromancers don't just control dead spirits, but death and disease in general. They can cause things to rot and age at an accelerated pace and cast blights over crops and in some cases, people. There are also reports of incredibly powerful necromancers staving off death entirely by tearing their own soul out. There's some graphic imagery for you. You look into Caribbean voodoo and hoodoo as well, remembering reading somewhere that they were the source of the zombie mythos. There's not much, but on one website, buried especially deep, you do see a depiction of a circle that looks remarkably similar to the ones in your grimoire. There's not enough to go off, especially as most of it is hidden under a dead chicken, but it's certainly interesting.
Halfway through an article about necromancy in ancient Greece (fascinating stuff), your phone buzzes with Liana's reply.
"Okay, meet you next to the Dairy Queen, downtown. We can walk home from there."
Nice!
>What else to do while you wait?
>how do you prepare for the meet up?
>Anything else to say to Liana?
>>
>>283799
prepare a needle to prick ourselves and robins bones
>>
>>283803
seconding this.
and put a condom in our wallet just in case
>>
>>283799
Make sure we grab an offering for Skunkbro now that the house seems empty. Then head down to the basement to check on Robin and talk to both of them about meeting Liana and telling her we're a necromancer.
>>
>>283815
It seems rude to summon robin then have to summon her again in the same day doesn't it? Let's just summon skunkbro and leave him summoned. He's a shade so we can have him as a companion throughout our day, giving us advice when we need it.
>>
>>283821
I support the idea of having skunkbro around all the time
>>
>>283799
Tell Liana to do a mirror call so we can ask her if she's gonna wanna murder us in the face or not for touching dead bodies. We're alone in the house right now, so the call will be private enough.

When we're done, we need to go retrieve Robin's bones.

>>283814
Seconding this.

>>283815
Ooh, this! We can ask Skunkbro and Robin for advice about how to tell Liana that we're a necromancer!
>>
>>283821
How come? She gets twice the amount of blood, she should be happy. Having Skunkbro around at all times seems like just asking for trouble and that seems more rude than being summoned twice. I do like the idea though.
>>
>>283845
>Having Skunkbro around at all times seems like just asking for trouble and that seems more rude than being summoned twice
we could give skunkbro little offerings throughout the day so he would be happy and he said he enjoys being in the mortal world
>>
>>283845
Summoned out in general public, he might get spotted by a hostile party and bring us trouble, yeah.

If we give him a hiding place though, like maybe a backpack, we'll probably be fine.
>>
>>283853
we had him summoned at school and nobody saw him. Liana can't see him, and she is a seer. Dude we are fine.
>>
>>283853
I feel like if they can already see him, a backpack won't really help
>>
>>283803
>>283840
You go down the stairs and search through some of the kitchen drawers before finding a pin. It goes in a small cardboard box, and, after a brief trip to the basement, Robin's bones and the last of your premade libation in a little plastic tube join it. You also grab a chicken cutlet from a few nights ago and toss it in Skunkbro's bag. You're not sure if you want to summon him yet; with at least one other necromancer wandering about town, it could cause problems, but you're not sure what the odds are of running into him out in the open, or if it would be possible for him (or her, you suppose) to see Skunkbro if he was hiding in your bag or something.
You text Liana again.
"Mirror mirror on the wall, would you mind giving me a call?" You chuckle a little at your own joke, before Liana answers, much more quickly this time.
"Fine. One sec."
You hurry upstairs and grab the mirror out of the bathroom again. After a short wait, it ripples to life and Liana is sitting there, already looking a little irate.
"What is it that couldn't wait a couple of hours for us to meet face to face? This thing can be a real pain to use, you know."
"Well, I was doing a little digging, and I think I might have found one of the other three classes! Necromancy!" Liana goes very abruptly from annoyed to serious, eyebrows furrowing.
"Look...Michael, I wasn't being entirely truthful last night. I didn't forget necromancers. I just didn't want to talk about it." You cock your head to the side, confused.
"Why not?"
"I still don't want to talk about, it okay?"
"Do you...do you have some sort of thing against necromancers?"
"Anybody with half a brain does."
Well fuck. That certainly complicates things
>where to go from here?
>>
>>283991
"I have a quarter of a brain. Care to fill me in?"
>>
>>283991
>Whats so bad about them? I've heard stories and they cant be all bad right? Have you ever met one?
We got to play this innocently but also get why she doesn't like them.
>>
>>284017
This sounds fun.
>>
>>284017
not sure it's a good idea to press the issue in such an abrasive way.
"I could get why someone might be bothered by a person digging up their grandma's bones or something, but what about someone that just raises animal spirits? What if the spirits don't mind being raised? I just think it's kinda silly to accept some kind of widely accepted assumption instead of digging for the truth, y'know?"
>>
>>283991
A necromancer killed her parents.
>>
>>284038
I was actually thinking of making a joke about that a few posts ago. It'd certainly complicate things if it were true.
>>
>>284048
>>284038
if this is true then we'll just have to stick with the witch as our ally :/
>>
I wish we had just not done the stupid mirror thing. I knew that would annoy her..
>>
>>284055
We could always just lay low and stay solo till we can find an excuse to go to Providence or something. Maybe move there and finally multiclass after some studying.
>>
>>284037
This seems a little too experienced of an explanation. I can see why you wouldn't like my suggestion for its abrasiveness, but it's ignorant and minimal, only asking for information and not offering insight. Keep in mind, she stood back and let her sister attempt to punch her brain into our brain. She's also expecting us to just -know- magic in spite of not having any contact with magical society. Frankly, I find it a little annoying that she's not offering us help and just wanting to see what we can do so that she can just use us for something.
>>
>>284079
I think there would be more experienced seers in providence who could recognise us as a necromancer. So we should figure out a way to get rid of that black mist Liana was talking about before that.
>>
>>284110
elder wood box
>>
>>284017
this one pls
>>
>>284137
good idea
>>
Very sorry, but only 3 or so more posts left in me tonight. I'm sorry I haven't been updating much recently.
>>284038
Almost went with that, but a bit too trope-y
>>283991
"On my best days I have a quarter of a brain. Fill me in?" Liana snorts derisively, as if caught off-guard by your humour and annoyed at the same time.
"Okay, look. Every other type of magic user works with the natural world, how things are meant to be. Even warlocks like you, summoning demons or whatever, aren't as bad. You're bringing in 'demons' or whatever, but they're just normal entities from other planes. Necromancers are sick, abnormal. They're never content to let things lie. They go against the entire natural order of things, keeping spirits from moving on, running from death even when it's their time...it's wrong." At first she doesn't sound angry, just sure of herself. As she goes on, though, she seems to get emotional. You'd wonder if a necromancer hadn't killed her parents, but didn't she say it was a car crash? It didn't sound like a lie at the time...in any event, this certainly complicates things.
"Oh. I had no idea you felt so strongly about this." You're fucked. There's no way you can let her in on the fact that you're really a necromancer, if she's this angry at just the idea of one. Can you disguise your magic somehow? Maybe use some spell that isn't obviously raising the dead...yeah right, you have like seven spells max, and all of them scream 'necromancy' with neon lighting. There has to be a way around this.
"Well I do, okay? It's your fault anyway, you're the one who asked. So, anything else before I hang up and get back to what I was doing before you interrupted me? If not, I'll see you at three."
>anything else?
>what to do in the intervening time if not?
>>
>>284214
Try to learn at least one spell somehow that isn't all "look at me!!! I rape the barriers of life and death!!!"
>>
>>284214
Run. Run to the hills and change your name to Billy Bob Hanson. Live off the land. Grow a beard. Study necromancy in the woods until you grow old, then give your grimoire to Buck, commanding him to run as far as possible with the book.
>>
>>284214
Nah, sorry to bug you I guess.
Welp, guess we'll try to put ourselves in a better light when we meet her in person later. We should go to the basement and summon Skunkbro and Robin and tell them our plans.
>>
>>284214
I say we stick with our guns. We know the spirits like what we are doing, and immortality is a great pursuit anyways. I say we still try to get her to like necromancy when we hang out
>>
>>284214
fake illness and miss the scheduled meeting and with the extra time learn some warlock shit
>>
>>284214
... Fuck it. No. If she just doesn't like it, big deal. We're only concerned about her being a danger to us or not. Let's show her that we raise the dead, and that they're happy to experience this world again. Even if she doesn't like it, as long as she doesn't cause trouble for us, we'll be fine.
>>
>>284291
my thoughts exactly.
>>
>>284291
>>284297
Wait, no. Better idea. SAFER idea. Ask her what she would do if she found out that there was a necromancer in town, because we think that there's one in the hospital morgue.
>>
>>284291
What are the odds that Providence or magic society in general have some police specifically to hunt down necromancers?

>>284303
Oh yeah, should we bring that up now or save it for when we're in person?
>>
We should try and ally with the other necromancer, since no one else seems to like us very much.
>>
File: welpTimetoKMS.jpg (10KB, 278x300px) Image search: [Google]
welpTimetoKMS.jpg
10KB, 278x300px
>>284291
supporting this
>mfw her reasoning is "DATS NOT NACHARUL" meanwhile her sister completely says fuck off to free will
>>
>>284308
We should bring it up now, because it gives us more time to plan and see where her feelings are coming from and where they are going.
>>
>>284319
That sounds like both a good and bad idea. On one hand, they obviously won't reject us for silly reasons. But they could easily be our enemy and try to steal our summons or something.

>>284355
Sounds good. Switching vote to that.
>>
>>284319
this is a good idea
>>
>>284363
>>284319
>>284364
This is only a good idea if the other necromancer doesn't have an agenda that they're gonna hide from us (which it's a fucking great idea in that case)

They might want to become a lich, which is a process that usually involves sacrificing multiple living servants.
>>
>>284322
There's more to it than that, anon. Besides, if we were all logical, that would make for some pretty boring stories, wouldn't it? inb4 Darker than Black
>>284291
>>284303
"Well, sort of...what would you do if I told you I had reason to believe there was a necromancer in town?" Her jaw drops, mouth opening just a fraction of an inch before she snaps it shut, clenched.
"What makes you think that." It's clearly supposed to be a question, but it comes out totally flat, and her eyes bore into yours.
"There have been reports of bodies walking out of the local morgue. Suicides standing back up, that sort of thing. Two of them in the last month." Liana looks like she's going to vomit for a moment. "So...what are you doing to do?"
"Not a damn thing."
"What? But you were just saying-"
"I don't want anything to do with him." Him? This absolutely reeks of tragic backstory, and you're not sure you want to start wading through that right now. Still...
"Him?" She flinches, realizing what she said.
"Yes, him. Most necromancers are male, like most enchanters and witches are female. Why?"
"For some reason it sounded like you were talking about someone you knew."
"Don't be ridiculous. Why would I know a necromancer? I told you, they're disgusting."
"Fair enough, I suppose."
"Whatever. I have stuff to do. See you at three."
The mirror shuts off abruptly. No ripples this time. Odd.
You try to think for a minute; would it be possible to learn warlock spells in the time between now and three? It's nearly eleven, so--wait. You know what? Fuck it.
If she hates all necromancers for some bullshit "it ain't natural" reason, then fuck her and her mind-control sister. If she has some oh-so-sad past, then she can share it and get over it like a normal person instead of stewing over it like an asshole and making your life harder for it. You're going to meet up with her, you're going to show her how much spirits enjoy being summoned, and that's that. You nod decisively, and pack both Skunkbro's and Robin's remains and offerings into your backpack.
Liana will either admit she has no solid reason for hating necromancers and grow up, or hang on to it and lose a possible friend in you. Her choice, and you're not gonna go on eggshells around her trying to keep her from finding out like you're the bad one here.
>>
>anything else to do before borrowing the car and driving to meet her? Four hours remaining.
>>
>>284419
Leave a note for our parents. Make sure we have the ring on us. I want to summon Skunkbro and go ahead to scout out the meeting point. Skunkbro can recognize wards and traps right?
>>
>>284422
Rub one out so as to not be nervous
>>
>>284419
Summon Skunkbro while we're still home, ask questions. Is there a way that we can enable Liana to see him somehow that isn't dangerous to either him or us? Spirits DO appreciate being summoned, right? If we can't safely enable Liana to see Skunkbro, how can we pass on his words and sentiments in a way that she can trust? What do we do if she opts to be physically hostile to us?
>>
>>284447
>Skunkbro can recognize wards and traps right?
Yes, as a shade he is capable of recognizing wards.
>>
>>284419
Also bring our skeleton bird so she can see from multiple beings how they enjoy seeing our world again.
>>
>>284466
Why not bring the whole crew! we ride buck there have robin get her attention and have skunkbro tell us some affirmations to help with the nerves
>>
>>284480
People might start getting suspicious seeing a skeletal buck carrying a guy on the street.
>>
>>284460
>Spirits DO appreciate being summoned, right?
Skunkbro and I think Robin have no reason to lie, so I'd hope so.
>if we can't safely enable Liana to see Skunkbro, how can we pass on his words and sentiments in a way that she can trust?
That's the main reason we're bringing Robin right? She's already visible and can probably talk to others.
>What do we do if she opts to be physically hostile to us?
Scoff in her face. What does a meer Seer plan to do against a necromancer? I mean, we politely leave her house and agree to never see her again.

Her thing seems to be with a specific necromancer so maybe we have a chance at getting on her good side if we can show her that we're different in some way.
>>
>>284491
If worse comes to worse and her older sister actually threatens our life after this we could just have have buck be around the house to help defend us or greater summon a decent sized animal.
>>
Goodnight, friends. I hope you all sleep well.
>>284458
You have no idea how tempted I was to include this. It would have been a joyless but determined and self-confident wank. Skunkbro would have watched.
>>284447
>>284460
You decide to summon Skunkbro here, to talk to him a bit before doing anything else. You head downstairs for a second chicken cutlet, remembering your promise of a particularly tasty offering this time around. You burn them both, and add half of the little container of libation, and call for him.
"Oh striped spirit, struck down by car, hear my call, come from afar." You're actually pretty proud of this one; it came to you in the shower and you nearly fell on your ass trying to write it down before you forgot it. It doesn't seem to matter much, but you like it anyway.
Skunkbro shows up as per usual, though looking much more...solid than usual. You figure it's the double-sized offering, but don't give it too much though. You've got other questions to ask.
"Do you enjoy being summoned? Please tell the truth, it's not like I know how to punish you if I don't like the answer, and I wouldn't anyway." The spirit gives you an odd look.
"Of course. I believed I had told you this before. It is good to receive an offering and see the world I once called my own, if only for a while. Acting as your servant is the price I pay for this, and I think it a worthwhile one. You do not request too much of me, and you keep your word. The offering was, by the way, delicious."
"You did, but I have a friend somewhat...skeptical of necromancy in general, and I wanted to be sure. Is there any way for you to talk to someone who can't see you normally?"
"I believe it is possible for me to appear to a magic-user if you are in physical contact with them and wish them to see me, yes."
That certainly makes things a bit easier. You'll probably still bring Robin's remains over so Liana can get reports from more than one source, but this is at least a start. Even if Liana freaks and attacks you, she's just a 16-year-old girl, and you're 18 and have about eight inches and a good few pounds on her. At the least, you'll be able to leave safely.
You wait out the remaining few hours just relaxing (or trying to) and occasionally making small talk with Skunkbro, who otherwise seems comfortable with silence.
About half past two, you take the keys off the hook, leave a note for your parents explaining roughly where you'll be (with a friend), and head downtown. Time to meet Liana.
>>
>>284526
Sempai noticed me!!
>>
>>284526
Sleep well, Skellyman! Dream of delicious cookies and friendly skunks.

Skunkbro is best girl.
>>
>>284526
>Skunkbro would have watched.
>no skunkbrojob
>>
>>284552
I would happily read a deleted scene-type account of Skunkbro helping us relax before meeting Liana.
>>
>>284559
I kinda wanna try a summoning with pot now, just to see what would happen
>>
File: nervous.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>284526
>Skunkbro would have watched.
no homo tho right
>>
File: UnlimitedPower.jpg (16KB, 390x219px) Image search: [Google]
UnlimitedPower.jpg
16KB, 390x219px
>>284572
>try our first human summon
>learn he was a stoner
>use weed as a joke
>turns out weed is the best offering
>unlimited power
>>
>>284572
I would want to see this, as well.
>>
>>284622
The herbs would be out, the sacrifice would be a bag of cool ranch Doritos, or Taco Bell, And the libation would be code red Mountain Dew
>>
>>284630
>We end up summoning a sentiant smoke cloud that can make people high.
>>
>>284639
And keeps asking us to let it borrow our car
>>
Why is everyone in here desperate to build a party of friends so early? Lol.

We're barely off the ground with our magic and it's one of the more taboo magics. It would be best to atleast have a bit more understanding of how the magic world and magic community works imo before we start telling everyone that we're a necromancer.

Necromancers are usually solo because of the fact that no one else likes the idea of them in the first place. I'm all for getting companions and friends, but no one really needs to know that we're a necromancer imo. There is no real benefit yet.

Telling the seer will only make things complicated if it turns south. She OBVIOUSLY has some reason to irrationally hate necromancers. By stating "he", suggests that she has had experience with the other necromancer already.

The other necromancer may also not necessarily be a friend either, and he is much more advanced than we are.
>>
>>284812
I personally want to know more about the other magic types and just have other characters to develop and talk to. Going solo is logically superior but we might also hit a wall eventually anyway. Feels a bit boring too. 'Sides it's a little difficult to hide that we're a necromancer at this point. Unless we decide to just ditch Liana and Enchantress and try to never make contact with them again or something.
An idea that came to mind earlier was to stay solo till we finish school then move to Providence for "college" and learn all sorts of things there.
>>
we ever gonna ask skunkbro/robin if there's a way to steal magic 'cause we could use that as a way to both gain power and hide that we don't actually have any
>>
>>284872
I wasn't thinking isolation, more of hiding our powers for now.

We can just be like, "I started seeing weird things a few days ago and I can feel something different (auras) etc."

Being vary vague and beginner, and saying that we haven't really figured out how to use our powers and whatnot.

It would be best to truly find out what she knows about the necromancer beforehand, before we make the final decision too, imo.
>>
here's a brilliant idea:
when she finally asks to see our magic, we can just as to hold her hand to give her the ability to see our summon. Then she will see skunbro and skunkbro can explain to her that he enjoys seeing this realm and that we are a good guy that treats him well. Then we can proceed to show her robin too, making it clear with how easy it is to summon robin that there is nothing sinister involved in what we do.
>>
>>285145
That sounds like a good idea. As long as she doesn't pull some "I bet you forced him to say that!" nonsense. We should be ready to counter any arguments she might have so we can make it clear that we're cool. At least to the point where she just wants nothing to do with us in a worse case scenario.
>>
>>284980
This. I really, really dislike the idea of letting Liana know we diddle corpses. But she'll probably ask about the stuff we pulled at the school. I suggest we just say we didn't know how it happened but we rolled with it. Play the bashful card if she doesn't buy it and say "I was just saying I was a warlock 'cause your sister suggested it" or something similar.
>>
I for one think that if we hold any of our cards behind our backs at this point she'll shut us out if we're lucky. We are going to need all the supernatural help we can get before we meet the other necromancer. We need Liana and Rachel. We need to figure out their beef with the witch and sort that out. We need to have a chat with Jacob because he'll be able to teach us more (hopefully). Finally, Mia is our sister and even if she acts like the typical angsty teen siblings always care for each other so she should be much easier to win over than Liana and Rachel.
>>
I can't help but worry Liana is going to send some sort of magic city secret police after us.
But if they had that, they'd go for the other necromancer instead right?
>>
>>285588
I'm sure she's planning something, I just don't know how dangerous it will be. We did ask to meet at her house for our very first meet up and we also hinted at knowing somebody with multiple auras. She's probably super suspicious and got her sister to enchant a bunch of thugs to make an ambush at her house orr something.
>>
>>285588
most likely since we're not getting in the news and causing a stir
>>
We need a new thread.
>>
>>287718
This one isn't on autosage yet though. Skelly can make one after today's update or if he skips today then start a new session with a new thread.
>>
Summon skelly
>>
>>287957
Quick, burn the offerings
>>
>>288005
I'm sorry my friends, but I cannot join you tonight. My bones are tired. I must replenish my stores of calcium. I will be back tomorrow, I promise.
>>
Who used the wrong ducking offerings!!!
>>
Alright, who gave Skelly soymilk
>>
>>288079

I thought it was goat's milk.
>>
>>288094
You fool, do you realize what you've done!?
>>
Fear not, my bones are stronger than many would believe. Writing begins in 30 min.
>>
>>291621
thanks mr skeltal
>>
>>291651
Anytime, fleshy.

Posting in New Thread HERE!
>>291885
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.